MIRACULOUSLY ESCAPING SLACKER...

By Allioune24

"I'm sorry..." she whispered, "I'm so sorry..." She still apologized despite her breath turning ragged and sh... More

I
II
III
IV
V
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV (N)
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII (WARNING!)
XXIX (WARNING!)
XXX (WARNING!)
XXXI
XXXII (N)
XXXIII
XXXIV
XXXV
XXXVI
XXXVII
XXXVIII
XXXIX
XL
XLI
XLII
XLIII
XLIV (N)
XLV
XLVI
XLVII
XLVIII
XLIX
L
LI
LII
LIII
LIV
LV
LVI
LVII
LVIII
LIX
LX
LXI
LXII
LXIII
LXIV
Forcing Slacker Life Back

VI

1.5K 117 9
By Allioune24

In the novel, Cale was an eighteen-year-old boy with a fifteen-year-old brother and a seven-year-old sister. One can say that Deruth was able to move on fast from his wife, but that is only a fact. Deruth never and did never entertain anything about love for a year until he found it necessary for his son to grow up with a complete family.

The Cale right now, with Kim Rok Soo in his body, has seen how loyal Deruth is and how he fell in love with Violan at first sight. He liked this romance setup better than the necessity set up in the novel. Furthermore, Cale, no, Kim Rok Soo, allowed Deruth to be happy.

These bastards just run their mouths when they're immoral. Cale hated these kinds of people the most.

"Hypocritic bastards."

The low ranks immediately scrambled away after hearing the young master hiss. The citizens of Henituse County all approached the angry young master.

He guessed this is why Cale acted like trash in the first place.

The novel's timeline made Deruth the worst father ever. Kim Rok Soo followed the original timeline with different approaches, laughing.

I see... Now I understand. The Trash Cale loved his father so much that he took all the blame for acting like trash.

Kim Rok Soo brushed away from the people flocking around him. He rode his horse and decided to go back home. Without noticing, his father watched his disappearing back.

This is a sad world. The novel, Cale, is hopeless trash.

He is 'that' trash right now. "Ha!." Cale frustratedly shouts while riding his horse. He quickly arrived in the county and witnessed Bassen's mistreatment by his tutor, a blood relative on his father's side. If this is the gossip around town, then Bassen and Violan could be in a dire situation, but they are not saying anything. The real reason is that a decent son turns to trash.

Cale is angry. Kim Rok Soo is angry beyond relief.

This truly is a trashy world!

He slams the door open like the trash he should be. "out."

His uncle looked at him and snickered, "I believe I can't."

"Get out! Or do you want me to make it so you're unable to enter the county for the rest of your life?"

His uncle, "Only Deruth can d – ."

"Father would approve of it; now get out," his voice was stern and serious. Unminding all the servants surrounding him, he approached Bassen and slipped his sleeve up, dark blue swollen marks and wounds.

"Throw them out," Cale ordered. Violan couldn't touch them. Bassen did not say anything. He hated this situation so much that it was driving him insane. Bassen is still a child. He failed to notice how this child acted around him.

"Ron! Throw them out!" he ordered. The good butler immediately left after hearing his young master's order. Without Deruth, Cale Henituse is the Lord of the Northeast. No one rebutted nor questioned that. For he had never ordered something atrocious such as this.

Several curses and screams were directed at the young master.

Cale did not mind them and sternly looked at Bassen. "Why didn't you tell me?"

He wouldn't have checked anything if it weren't for the gossip outside. This could have lasted a long time.

Trash Cale. Useless firstborn. He forgot—no... He decided to forget things that did not warrant his attention.

Why did Bassen become indifferent to Cale?

Why did Cale decide to become trash?

Why did Violan keep Cale close despite not liking him?

Why? Why?

Why did Deruth allow his son to become the trash Cale never wanted to be?

The Cale in the novel could've avoided becoming someone like this. Cale was neglected and ignored. Cale has the hardest time of his life, only to find his father remarrying a year after his mother's death. Cale could have avoided his shitty life...

Cale was the most pitiful and misunderstood person in the entire novel.

Who would want to become trash?

If the people around him understood, he could've lived a silent and happy life.

Cale had to get the attention of others to protect his beloved father's new family. Cale had to protect that happiness he couldn't give to his father. He had to. He had no choice... He had to become the trash he was so that his father would turn his gaze on him.

Cale grabs Bassen's shoulder. "You are a Henituse!"

The uncontrollable rage towards the person who had turned the Cale he knew into this.

"Remember! You are Henituse!" he said again and again. This is completely unlike him. Kim Rok Soo, an old man in a child's body known for his stoic and stern demeanor, is crying with tears streaming down his cheeks.

"You have Henituse blood! You are Henituse!"

Bassen trembled when he touched him.

"You are a Henituse. Remember that. No matter where you go, your last name is Henituse, you got that? Don't you remember what father said? Listen to me unless you're an idiot. Tell people that the Henituse blood flows through you, no matter what."

"How can I..." cried Bassen.

Cale couldn't believe how things had turned out. "Do as I say or you won't be able to live in this house; do you think the cousins and others will leave you alone? Are you going to act like an idiot?"

Even though he didn't know who Bassen's real father was, he already considered him his younger brother and someone who carried Count Henituse's spirit. Bassen is his younger sibling. He must convince Bassen that he is already a Henituse. Only a ten-year-old can protect his younger brother in this manner. This is something Kim Rok Soo is aware of. He recognizes that it is making him angry at the world.

Everyone will try to get Bassen and Violan to leave.

To protect his new family, the Cale he read about in the novel became trash.

But this is now his life. He is Cale Henituse now.

At the very least, they are alive, "No matter what happens... You and Mother..." a ten-year-old saying to his younger brother.

The Henituses who are drunk on power are the ones who murdered the real Cale and his mother. The one who contracted the evil and killed them is a member of the Henituse family.

Bassen looked at him with tears in his eyes. Cale may have said too much, but Bassen is not an idiot.

"I am... henituse," Bassen explained, "and I have henituse blood in me."

Right... Yes, Bassen. No one will hurt you if you act like one.

"I'm Henituse, Hyung's younger brother."

Cale looked at Bassen, who had both of his hands in his. "I am Hyung's little brother."

Kim Rok Soo, who had never had a family on his own, felt elated by Bassen's words.

His little brother... his little brother...

Kim Rok Soo, an orphan, now has a younger brother.

"I'm Hyung's... younger brother."

"Yes... yes," Kim Rok Soo said softly, pulling Bassen into his arms, "don't get hurt... don't let others hurt you... you are my brother."

The fresh sensation of having warmth in the twenty years or more of his existence settled with the sensation of a child calling him family.

Kim Rok Soo didn't have to act like garbage, but he still has to if the situation calls for it..

This is his new life... He has precious people to protect in his life.

The servants who heard and saw this scene developed a strong desire to protect the current county.

"Young master, the Lord has arrived."

Cale stood up after nodding to Ron. He lost control of his emotions, which was unusual for him. Violan was cleaning up the mess he made when he threw his blood relatives away. He was holding Lily in his arms right now. Bassen is still attached to him. They walked out and were greeted by the newly arrived Count, who was wearing a solemn expression on his face.

Cale did not say anything. He knew his father had most likely already heard the news. His gaze met the Counts'. He'll put up with whatever nagging he gets, but protecting the family he built is his top priority.

Deruth prostrates himself in front of Cale and his half-siblings. Deruth did not say anything and drew them into his arms without saying anything.

"Cale," Deruth said. "It's alright, Cale... You can take a break from being a big brother for a moment."

Cale was taken aback by his father's words. Deruth continued to pat his back before burying his head in his shoulder.

Cale couldn't understand what the Count said, but he gradually realized what he meant when he said, "It's okay, Cale... you don't need to do anything.""

Assurance.

Permission.

"You can take a break from being strong; your father will protect you; you don't need to do anything; just be the child you are."

Protect... Rok Soo didn't know that hearing the word protect could be this sweet.

He could feel the warm liquid on his cheeks. The baby in his arms was also starting to cry with him. Bassen, who was watching him, was crying as well, but he was trying hard not to cry.

Cale... no... Kim Rok Soo... for the first time in his life...

— was permitted to rest.

To relieve himself of all responsibilities. Rest from all the burdens that others see on him.

Rest from everything that is bothering him..

"Please forgive me..." Deruth's sincere apology shook his heart. Cale was determined to keep his family at arm's length and not expect anything in return. "Please... forgive me, Cale... for everything... for everything that has hurt you... forgive me... forgive me... forgive me... forgive me... please... forgive me."

Kim Rok Soo, who was speechless, continued to cry.

When was the last time he cried? When was the last time he rested and forgot about everything? When was the last time he yearned for love as a child?

He can't remember when. He had long forgotten how to depend on someone else.

"Let me protect you and this family, Cale... you don't have to do anything... leave everything to me..." Deruth's sincere wish made his heart flutter, "I will always be here... so... please... rely on me..."

He had no idea what kind of news Deruth listened to. For the first time in his life, Kim Rok Soo shed genuine tears that reflected his true feelings.

[live well and happy, Rok Soo.]

His birth mother allowed him to do so.

[live well and happy, Rok Soo.]

Deruth allowed him to do so.

He can only hold on to Deruth while crying his heart out, for the first time in his life.

After a few days, the chaotic Henituse Castle returned to normalcy. Deruth holds several meetings with nobles and the rest of the Henituse family, expressing his dissatisfaction with a variety of issues. Deruth is a good man who prioritized his family over his greed. Peace eventually returned, and all rumors died down, with the exception of the trashy Cale, who made the low-ranking Baron piss on his pants.

"I still became trash," Cale declares triumphantly during a tea session with his family.

"Slacker first born please," Violan coughs lightly and pats Cale's shoulder.

"I don't understand why you want to become trash of all things," Deruth says.

"If I'm trash, I won't have any trouble dealing with other nobles; they'll either mess with me or be afraid of me."

"That's quite a plan, as expected of my son; I wonder how Ron is doing with his studies." Deruth looks at the old Butler, who sighs exhaustedly. Deruth shook his head, knowing Ron had gone back and forth following the ordeal.

"At the very least, the nobles have stopped saying anything." Deruth had settled everything before anything else..

"So, Cale... we're going to the Royal Banquet in a month, and I hope you're already prepared."

"Yes... Ron was extremely helpful."

"I planned on having Ron as your personal Butler. I already hired someone to take over as my Butler since Ron was having difficulty following your steps. Also, Hans was it. He will be your deputy butler. Bassen's butler will be decided when we return. I can't have my son suffer again with my family's plans.""

Cale was handed a black envelope bearing the royal seal. "This is an invitation to the Royal Academy in the spring; the banquet will only be introductions, but I hope you consider it; Bassen will also attend when he reaches the age of ten or eleven."

"It's like a school?"

"Yes?"

"Okay, I'll give it some thought."

"Yes... you should."

"Do I have to communicate with other noble children?"

"If it's a friend, of course, but if it's for politics, you don't have to. Let your father handle politics, and you should just enjoy attending the academy," Deruth says calmly.

"Oh, I'll think about it. Academy." This was not included in the novel. It was the first time he'd seen it in years. The male lead beats up the minor villain at the beginning of the novel. As a result, it is later than the age at which a child should begin attending school.

He'll think about it later, after figuring out how to take the second ancient power on their way to the capital.

Cale felt something rumbling the next day after dinner. It's the sound of his stomach rumbling in search of food. So, like any normal person, he went to the kitchen to scrounge up some food. Unfortunately, his bad luck is so consistent that it is irritating me right now. He didn't expect gluttony to have such an impact on him.

If it weren't for the noodles hanging around like an old friend,

Kim Rok Soo lived alone and did things like eat food and read fantasy novels. He quickly learns to cook, recognizing the importance of independence in order to avoid being abused in the first place. He worked in restaurants for part-time jobs before he joined the company.

He hasn't cooked in a long time. He's craving Korean food. He took the poor noddle, the tofu-like substance from the basin, some chicken, slices of beef, and whatever vegetables he could find.

He peeled and sliced the vegetables into small pieces with a sharp knife. The aroma of garlic permeated the room, as did the beef and chicken he stir-fried with it. He added peppercorns and some unfamiliar spices, not knowing whether they were edible or not, but the aroma of his dish was similar to dishes he cooked in his previous life.

He stir-fried the noodles with the vegetables and the beef stock he had previously prepared.

He happily said, "Heaven."

He also made a mushroom soup with the beef stock he'd used and sat by the table after washing the dishes. He takes a soup bowl and a plate of fried japchae. With how loudly he slurped, he was enjoying his dish.

He was enjoying a dish when a stern voice from the door asked, "Who's there?"

Fuck! What time is it?

Cale panicked but remained in his seat. He remembered the same dark auburn-haired boy as Vicross entered. The young cook was shocked at first, then glared at him. He cut the long noodles with his teeth and settled the plate down.

"Ah... good evening."

"It's morning already, Young Master."

Ugh! So stern! Cale sat motionless even as the assassin chef approached. Vicross handed him a white embroidered handkerchief. He hesitantly accepted the handkerchief while murmuring, "Thank you." Vicross simply nodded in agreement and returned to his station. He watched Vicross begin boiling water while chopping vegetables.

"Won't you eat?"

"Young Master, we eat after you prepare your food."

"Won't you get dizzy?" he wondered. He's hungry, without a doubt. But after witnessing Vicross' fateful work, his fear faded and was replaced by respect.

"Young Master?" Vicross asked after a long silence.

"You should eat," Cale coaxes as he scopes another bowl of mushroom soup and a plate of fried noodles. He tapped the seat next to him to signal Vicross to eat. "Come on, don't put off the blessing any longer."

"Blessing."

"Food is a blessing... to be able to eat is also a blessing," Cale confidently reprimanded the older boy. "It may not be on par with your cooking, but it's edible."

Vicross sat next to him. He is still a mere servant, so he needed to at least humor his master, right? Cale observes Vicross hesitantly tasting the food he prepared. To say Vicross' eyes widened was an understatement.

Cale also kept eating. The silence between them was a bit uncomfortably comfortable.

"Where did you learn to cook?" Vicross inquires.

"I just follow a recipe book." That is correct. No one can deny his intelligence. That is why.

Vicross nodded blankly and continued giving tips after tips, and the awkward atmosphere gradually dissipated as they began talking about food.

Vicross is still stiff and silent, but Cale thinks he's cute after this interaction.

Well,

If it weren't for the sly, benign old man stalking him in the early morning for his daily ablutions.

The old man's son didn't even help him explain it to his terrifying father.

Ahh... Poor Kim Rok Soo.

TBC

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Reason By Ociii7

Fanfiction

11.8K 847 11
Cale Henituse, the Roan Empire's Silver Shield Commander who was loved by all, breathed his last in old age surrounded by his precious family. Cale...
2.7K 209 3
[Complete!] "Aigoo..." "..." "What did you do this time Cale?" A dramatic gasp came out from the redhead's mouth, looking at the teen with widened ey...
4.1K 462 9
Cale Henituse the son of the Multi Billionaire Conglomerate house. Kim Rok Soo is a mercenary, who by chance, is saved from the battlefield. Becomes...
23.9K 2.2K 21
A fic when Kim Rok Soo got reincarnated as a Dragon. "All of you..." He said in a dangerous tone, "Die." One by one, the black robes fell on their fr...