Dorm Room 143

By imperfectlyperfectt

There comes a time in your life when you realize you don't wanna be with anyone else. Even though you've been... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
AUTHORS NOTE!!
HEY

Chapter Nine

12K 377 252
By imperfectlyperfectt

NOT EDITED BTW

-----

People think a soul mate is your perfect fit, and that's what everyone wants. But a true soul mate is a mirror, the person who shows you everything that is holding you back, the person who brings you to your own attention so you can change your life. A true soulmate is probably the most important person you'll ever meet, because they'll tear down your walls. But to live with a soul mate forever? Nah, too painful. Soul mates, they come into your life just to reveal another layer of yourself to you, and then leave. There purpose is to shake you up, tear apart your ego, show your obstacles, and addictions, break your heart open so new light can get in, make you so desperate, and out of control that you have to transform your life, then introduce you to your spiritual master.

Even though I debated whether or not love was an actual thing, I did believe in a soul mate. Giving someone a piece of your soul is better than giving them a piece of your heart. Because souls are eternal.

Right now I was seated in a cold seat in English Literature, with Reece placed beside me. His minty scent was surprisingly very comforting while we all debated over the whole concept behind a soul mate, and falling in love.

By all, I mean Reece, and Lily while the other forty-eight of us watched silently making quiet side comments to one another.

Apparently Mr. Patterson thought this exercise would be a great opportunity to help construct some thoughts, and knowledge for our essay that I have yet to start.

It's extremely hard to write a paper about a topic that I had zero experience in.

I needed more inspiration.

"A soulmate is the one person whose love is powerful enough to motivate you to meet your soul, to do the emotional work of self-discovery, of awakening." Lillian spilled chewing on the lid of her pen.

Reece, and her have gone back, and forth for about thirty minutes. But I can't complain, this was much better than writing notes all day.

"There is no such thing as a soulmate...and who would want there to be? I don't want half of a shared soul. I want my own damn soul." Reece's jaw tightened.

He was dressed in a purple button down, with a pair of nice fitting khakis. His presence made my knees weak. Thank god, I'm seated otherwise I would've collapsed onto the floor.

This is something that always tends to happen every time I'm around Reece.

Mr. Patterson continued to sit in silence, and observe this debate as he scribbled some notes down every once in awhile.

"You know Reece, I hope you fall in love." Lily said. "Because, love is all about guts. If you have it, you fight with the world. If you don't, you fight with yourself."

Either Lily knows her research, or Lily was in love.

I could tell by the way her eyes were glowing, and the tint of red in her checks that indeed she was in love.

Remind me to ask her about it later.

Reece rolled his eyes. "In my book, love is overrated."

"Really? In my book I gave it eleven stars out of ten. But stars are like political votes. Who's really counting?." Lily shrugged.

Oh yeah, she was definitely in love.

I wonder who the lucky fella is.

"This is exactly why I'm not gonna do this stupid paper." Reece yelled. "It's overrated, and a total waste of time. Whether love, and sharing your soul with someone is real, I won't be that naive to fall for life's stupid heartbreaking traps again."

Again? Did he love Mckenzie? Did she change his perspective on life? Why does my stomach hurt at the thought of that? Questions were flying through my head and I continued to think about Reece, as Mckenzie.

Before Lily could ever respond, the bell rang informing us that class was now over.

Students all stood up, and collected their items, and tried to walk out of class but Mr. Patterson stopped them.

"Don't forget to get to work, I expect to see these essays on my desk next Friday. See you tomorrow." Mr. Patterson said
getting up from his desk chair before the students finally fled the room.

I mocked his actions, and got up from my chair, and pulled my backpack onto my back.

"That essay can suck my d-"

"Calm down." I interrupted Reece, and placed my hand on his arm. His tenseness seemed to loosen underneath my touch.

"Sorry." he said softly.

"It's fine." I said. "Wanna meet up with the others for some shakes?" I asked as we walked out of class together.

As soon as I stepped foot in the blazing heat, a drop of sweat trickled down my back. I don't think I'll ever get used to this heat.

Reece shook his head. "I actually just wanted to go back to our dorm, and watch some movies."

"Oh, that works too." I hesitated before nodding.

"I'm just not in the mood to nearly choke myself with a cold chocolate beverage." Reece said.

"I'm pretty sure Mckenzie wasn't very fond of me anyways." I fake laughed.

Last night, after the ride ended Mckenzie didn't fail to show her hatred towards me. She sent me multiple death glares, to threaten me. After the thirteenth one, I lost count. As for Lily, and Logan, they walked in the very front making jokes, and laughing at each other, while Mckeznie clung onto Cam's arm obviously intending to make Reece jealous. After I challenged Reece to a ski ball contest, he seemed to forget about the whole incident. Of course I let him win, but he picked out a huge stuffed banana, and handed it over to me being a totally gentleman. We ended up ditching the group to get icecream, which I offered to buy for Reece but he insisted to pay for it instead. After two scoops of cookie dough ice team, a jam session in Reece's car, and a shower, I snuggled up into the giant banana that we ended up naming Blace (our couple name), and fell asleep.

"Don't worry about it." Reece said shrugging.

I nodded. "Hey, I'll meet you at our room in a few, I need to stop by Java Juice real quick."

"Alright."

"Do you want anything while I'm there?" I asked politely.

He shook his head. "No I'm fine, thanks Princess."

I smiled, and walked towards the cute little smoothie shop on the corner, right beside The Burger Pit.

As my mouth watered at the thought of s strawberry smoothie, a hand lightly tapped my shoulder.

I stopped in my tracks, and spun around on my heel. I made eye contact with the one freckled faced, chocolate brown eyed, copper brown headed girl that I was dreading to run into.

"Can I help you?" I asked raising my eye brows, scanning her presence.

She stood in front of me with a pair of teeny tiny booty shorts, that exposed way too much skin, a tank top and an excessive amount of make up that was caked on.

Reece is seriously wanting to settle for this..

She rolled her eyes, and blew a bubble with her gum, and proceeded to smack her gum. "I don't like you."

I lightly chuckled. "I figured."

"Reece will always be mine. So stay away." She demanded smacking her gum, and pushing a piece of hair behind her ear.

"If I can recall correctly, he's currently mine, and not yours." I chuckled again.

"He still loves me though." She said smaking her lips.

"Can you just grow up, and realize he's moved on." I said in her face. "If you weren't so self centered, maybe you'd realize not everyone is in love with you."

She rolled her eyes. "Stay away from my Reece, or else." She threatened getting in my face.

"Considering Reece could give zero fucks about you, why don't you stay the fuck away from both of us." I yelled. "And FYI, boys around here prefer girls who don't wear clumps of makeup." I said in disgust and purposely bumped into her shoulder as I continued to walk towards Java Juice.

I don't know what Reece sees in her. She's a crazy obsessive skank. He could do a lot better than that.

I ordered a large strawberry smoothie once I got to the shop, and drank it all before I even made it back to the dorm, just because it was so hot out.

After stepping on many pairs of shoes that belonged to many stressed students, pushing backpacks out of the way, and slipping past people, I finally made it to Cooper Dormitory.

I passed a couple making out against a wall, and many loud dorm rooms Before I reached our room. I lifted my hand, and knocked on the door considering I still don't have a key.

It's not like you need one, you'll be leaving soon.

I pushed that thought out of my head once Reece unlocked the door.

"What took so long?" He asked moving out of the way so I could come in.

"Long line." I lied before Reece nodded in response, and plopped down on my bed beside the giant banana, and let out a sigh of relief. Nothing feels better than coming home to your bed after a long stressful day.

This morning, Reece's extremely loud snoring woke me up two hours before my alarm. I turned over, and wrapped a pillow over my head attempting to block out the noise, but that didn't help. I even tried to wake Reece up, but he's got to be the heaviest sleeper I've ever met, and didn't even budge. So I'm exhausted, and all I want to do is go to sleep.

But unfortunately Reece's voice prevented that from happening. "Princess." He whined, acting as if he was a fiver year old who didn't get the toy he wanted in his favorite toy store.

"Reecey Cup" I whined mocking him.

"Reecey Cup?" He questioned, with a smirk placed on his face.

"I figured since you get to call me Princess, that I could give you a nickname too." I grinned. "Reecey's Pieces sounds suitable as well."

"Look at us, already moving on to pet names." His light laugh was the cutest thing I've ever heard.

"If you ask me, id say we're moving way too fast." I winked as he rolled his eyes.

He stretched out one of his long tan arms for me to grab. "Come watch a movie with me." I accepted his offer, and placed my hand in his large one.

The pace of my heartbeat from the skin on skin contact, actually made me nervous. And I doubt Reece would rescue me, if I just fell over, and laid sprawled across the hardwood floor. Knowing Reece, he'd take a picture, and post it on social media, while I lay unconscious on the dusty flooring.

He pulled me over to his bed, and sat me down. He walked over to the huge flat screen tv mounted on the wall, that he most likely convinced his father to put in here, and placed a disk into it. The screen turned on, as the words 'Toy Story' flew across the screen.

I giggled at the screen. "Toy Story, really?"

Reece shrugged. "What? It's my favorite movie."

I smiled at how adorable he was. "Nothing, it's cute."

He walked back over to his bed, and sat down beside me, and that's when a grumbling sound from my stomach interrupted us.

"Are you hungry?" Reece raised a brow grinning at me.

I began to feel heat rise to my cheeks. "I'm starving actually."

"How does pizza sound?"

"Perfect"

"Okay, I'll order it." He said pulling out his iPhone.

I watched the beginning of the movie as Reece pressed a few buttons, and pulled the phone up to his ear. "Hi..yeah, can I have a large pepperoni pizza...yes...143...okay...thanks." He said before hanging up.

"I hope you like pepperoni" Reece sent me a cheeky smile.

"I'm allergic to pepperonis" I lied, sarcastically.

His eyes widened. "Are you serious?" He panicked.

I glared at him. "I can't believe you seriously just ordered pepperonis.."

"Oops. I'm sorry." He rubbed the back of his neck, and let out a few awkward yet fake laughs.

Oh my gosh, he's so cute.

He resembled a soft little puppy.

"It's okay, I wasn't that hungry." I shrugged looking down at my feet.

"No! I can call, and fix the order." He quickly said stumbling to pull out his phone again.

"Reece, I said it's fine. I can just find something down at the lobby."

"Not acceptable. I'm not having my fake girlfriend eat this school's stale food." He said with a serious tone, and pressing a few buttons on his phone again. But before he could hit call, I busted out into fits of laughter.

His brows scrunched up in confusion, and his head tilted to the left a little. "What's funny?"

"You're so gullible" I said in between laughs. "I love pepperonis."

"Not cool." He glared, and picked up his pillow, and flung it at me. It hit my face, and ended up knocking me over.

I continued to giggle as I sat back up. Reece's glare switched to a bright smile. One of those heart-aching, million dollar smiles that reached all the way up to my favorite pair of blue eyes.

"Why are you so happy all of a sudden?" I asked smiling back at him. Not that I'm complaining, because his smile was now my favorite thing to see.

"You're laugh is cute." He continued to smile brightly.

My heart can't handle this. Reece is going to kill me with an overload of cuteness.

"I wish I could say the same." I joked winking at him.

He flung another pillow my way, but missed. "Shut your mouth Ellingson."

Shut it for me.

"Shut your face Mathewson."

His grin warmed my heart. "That was an awful comeback."

"What else was I supposed to say?" I chuckled.

"Maybe a thank you Reece?" He raised a brow as he continued to grin.

"Thanks Reecey's Pieces for the two new pillows." I winked referring to the two pillows he threw at me. I picked them both up, and placed them on my bed.

They smelt just like him, boy's body soap, and mint. A scent that's extremely familiar. Now, one of my favorite scents. One that helps me sleep through the night. One that I'll miss once I leave.

"Not so fast princess." He smirked, and retrieved his pillows back. "These aren't for you, but we could always share them." He winked.

Damn, I was hoping I could actually keep one of them. I'm sure it'd come in great use once Reece's heavy snoring interrupts my sleep. I could easily cuddle up to his pillow, and fall right back into my slumber.

But, the thought of me sleeping in the same bed as Reece was enough to make my skin boil. "I'd rather jump off a bridge." I lied.

"Must be one special bridge, if you choose it over me."

If only he knew

Before I could respond, a light knock on our door interrupted me. "Will you get that? I need to use the restroom."

"Yeah, it's probably the pizza." He got up from his bed, and turned towards me. "Oh, and don't fall in princess.

I rolled my eyes. "Of course not, your majesty."

I got up from my position on Reece's bed, and walked to the little door on Reece's side of the room.

"your laugh is cute"

The only thing I got out those four words was 'your cute', and I kept repeating them over and over in my head.

Even though Reece was the most attractive person I've ever laid eyes on, and as cliche as it sounds, he made my insides tingle, I knew I didn't have feelings for him.

Or at least I thought I didn't.

That thought of me liking Reece, was just absurd.

How could I have feelings for him? I'm incapable of getting attached to another living soul, and catching feelings. Even if I was capable of doing so, I'd never have feelings for Reece. Logan already informed me about Reece's inner player. Plus, he's just using me to make Mckenzie jealous. This adorable side of Reece, was sadly all just an act.

Many would question why I've gone along with this whole arrangement. Reece's perspective on life, makes me question his background, and the only way I'll ever get this information is from the complicated backgrounded boy himself. You'd think it'd be pretty easy to slip past his walls, but it's a lot harder than it looks. I hope fake dating Reece, and spending time with him, will build his trust with me, and I'm hoping he'll open up to me.

After I used to restroom, I washed my hands with the strawberry scented soap I brought from home, and walked back out into our room. When the smell of cheese, and pizza sauce didn't reach my nose I began to worry. "Where's the pi-" I stopped mid sentence once my eyes fell upon Reece's stance.

He stood in front our now closed door, with his face scrunched up as he read a piece of paper that was laid between his long fingers. I ignored the dirty thoughts that flew around my brain, because I could tell that something was wrong just by how dark his eyes turned. If I didn't know any better, I would've reached out and fixed the piece of soft brown hair that fell right above his eye, but he looked up at me, and a look of hurt flashed through his eyes. He opened his mouth, and hesitated to say anything.

"Reece, what's wrong? I asked placing my hand on his shoulder in comfort.

His jaw tightened, and he pushed my hand off of his shoulder in disgust. His already dark eyes, shifted to an almost dark grey color. He slowly opened his mouth, and his shaky voice had me wanting to run up to him and hug him tightly.

"Y-your leaving?" His voice cracked, as another look of hurt washed over his face.

Fuck.

Uh oh, Reece knows she's leaving. What do you think will happen? And do you like Team Blace, or Team Mckreece? Don't forget to vote and comment your thoughts. Thank you! xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

120K 5.7K 44
ငယ်ငယ်ကတည်းက ရင့်ကျက်ပြီး အတန်းခေါင်းဆောင်အမြဲလုပ်ရတဲ့ ကောင်လေး ကျော်နေမင်း ခြူခြာလွန်းလို့ ကျော်နေမင်းက ပိုးဟပ်ဖြူလို့ နာမည်ပေးခံရတဲ့ ကောင်မလေး နေခြ...
412K 11.6K 53
what happened when the biggest mafia in the world hid his real identity and married an innocent, sweet girl?
933K 21.2K 48
Luciana Roman was blamed for her mother's death at the age of four by her family. She was called a murderer until she was shipped onto a plane for Ne...
1M 53.2K 34
Millie Ripley has only ever known one player next door. Luke Dawson. But with only a couple months left before he graduates and a blackmailer on th...