Chapter One

I picture Blake as Barbara Palvin, but with green eyes.

--

I regretted declining the opportunity to workout when I struggled to pull along my luggage through the throng of students. My weak arms could barely keep up with my heavy suitcases.

Not only was I struggling but the scorching sun radiated onto me, causing sweat to cascade down my body. If i didn't find some air conditioning soon, i was going to pass out and end up sprawled across the concrete. Sadly, no college student would come to my aid and revive me.

Maybe I was being dramatic but still, it had to be atleast a hundred degrees out here, and the lady at the front desk gave me awful directions to my dorm room.

Students, and many adults walked along the footpath with luggage trailing behind them. A bunch of brunette girls in light blue jean shorts, and spaghetti strap shirts shot me a look of disgust as they walked by my stance. Being the person I am, I responded "What? never seen a teenage girl struggle before?" they rolled their eyes walking away.

Standing along the sidewalk alone, sweaty and tired led many funny looks shooting my way.

I squinted down the campus, searching for any sign that said 'Cooper Dorms'. Just before I gave up, my eyes caught the one sign I had been looking for, for about an hour now.

I opened the doors, where the air conditioning was on full blast. It was heaven.

Ice cold, heaven.

As I lugged around my suitcase , I was nearly knocked over by numerous boys running through the hall.

How rude.

"Hey watch it" I yelled brushing myself off.

Luckily they didn't knock me over, because I'm not sure if I could get back up considering how exhausted I was.

"You watch it, loser" A blonde muscular boy yelled back as his other idiotic friends laughed.

I groaned in annoyance, but stopped once I reached Room 143. I stuck my hand down the pockets in my jeans, hoping to find the room key that took a lot of convincing, and unnecessary smiling to get from Ms. Comer at the front desk.

When my hands felt nothing but air, I began to panic. There was no way I would deal with Ms.Comer's attitude twice in one day. I doubt I could even find my way back to the front desk, nor could my inadequate arms make it.

Ms. Comer is a woman in her late forties. Her bright blonde hair is slowly fading to grey. Her wrinkled face is caked with excessive amounts of makeup. Her eyes outlined in a thick black, and her lips were stained pink. I freaked when I first saw her.

From the first conversation I had with her at orientation, I found out she had a horrible attitude, an obvious sign of stress.

I didn't appreciate her attitude. When I tried to reach for a mini lemon cupcake, she nearly slapped my arm telling me "those are only for students, and from your appearance, you don't look like one."

Let's just say, I consumed a numerous amount of those mini lemon cupcakes, and gained hatred from Ms.Comer.

But the feeling's mutual.

Right now, I was debating if I should wait for my roommate to arrive, and unlock the door for me, or suck it up and ask Ms. Comer for another key.

I assumed, that it'd be pretty awkward if my roommate came home to a sweaty girl collapsed all over her suitcases. So after waiting half an hour for someone to arrive, I gave up, and found myself walking out the building.