Dragon Phoenix Arises

By ShonuaSDK

Shattered heart and a shattered soul... after waking up from the Gianyin temple Hua Ying wakes up and finds h... More

Chapter One Shattering my soul
Chapter Two Deceit
Chapter Three Through Empathy
Chapter four Punishment
Chapter Five The Rebirth of the Supreme Demon Ghost Phoenix and high Goddess
Chapter Six What happened in the two months Hua Ying was in the Kiln
Chapter Seven The suffering made worse
Chapter Eight Lan Zhan's secret revealed
Chapter Nine The Ceremony and The Nightmare
Chapter Eleven Spoiled princess
Chapter Twelve Vampire Corpses
Chapter Thirteen Valley of flowers
Chapter Fourteen A broken heart is mending
Chapter Fifteen QiShan
Chapter Sixteen Hua ZhiRuo find the truth
Chapter Seventeen Lan's learns the truth
Chapter Eighteen Memories Lost
Chapter Nineteen Rescuing of Lan Sizhui and Hua Xuanyu
Chapter 20 The war has started
Chapter Twenty-One The water prisons and the castle made of ash
Chapter Twenty- Two An eternity with only you
Authors Notes
Hi there, Just another notice

Chapter Ten The sighing at Shudong.

418 27 2
By ShonuaSDK

As the month passed teams were made, Nie Huaisang would accompany Lan Zhan to Shudong with the other disciples, Lan Sizhui, Lan Jingyi, Jīn Ling and Ouyang Zizhen went along with ZeWu-Jun, when the moling sect arrived each was nervous, ever since the betrayal of their sect leader they had kept a low profile that was almost nonexistent but ZeWu-Jun who pitied them took them under his wing and taught them what the right was and thus inviting them to right the wrong that their sect had committed, they were welcomed as any other sect was. Each rode their swords to their own cleansing areas.

Chang Graveyard

Sizhui may I ask why didn't you go with wangji? Asked ZeWu-Jun as they landed

Father is capable said Lan Sizhui

Then does this mean I am not smiled ZeWu-Jun

No...no that is not what he means sect leader, it is that we have never been to Former sect leaders Chang's residence or heard for ourselves the banging and we really want to see and hear it said Jin Ling quickly

I see so this has nothing to do with avoiding him asked ZeWu-Jun

I understand what father went through said Lan Sizhui and that it was not his fault, I do not blame him at all right now I will not be needed at his side as I would be at yours.

So, I am weaker then? Smiled ZeWu-Jun

Honestly uncle can you play your Xiao killing corpses while controlling Shouyue and overpowering the enemy asked Lan Sizhui

No laughed ZeWu-Jun, no I could not nephew.

Then this is why I am needed here, after what father had done in coffin city Lan JingYi helped me train so that I could as well fight two battles precisely said Lan Sizhui, I want to be like father and protect those I love but I want to be stronger than father as well.

Then I am glad to have you by my side said ZeWu-Jun as he noted that when Lan Sizhui said 'protect those that I love' his eyes went to Jin Ling before he gaze, quickly fallen.

Once setting up the arrays with the other Sects both Lan Sizhui and ZeWu-Jun started playing the new music sheet and they heard the bodies restless bodies stilled, what they didn't expect however was the musical note from above everyone stopped at what they were doing and a giant phoenix hovered just above then caught flames and changed to a maiden with her was three maidens, two masters and Xie Lian.

Why have you come she asked in a musical voice, Lan Sizhui was too shocked to say anything.

We have come to right the wrongs done here and lay the dead to rest that was murdered said ZeWu-Jun

There is no need for that she said then spoke to those, Yin, Yang a barrier, ChenQing, Suibian those that awaken you know what to do, A-Shi collect the soul's, mother and I will purify the land.

Once ZeWu-Jun heard ChenQing, Suibian and mother he knew then why Jin Ling wanted to find redemption it wasn't just for the cultivational world but also for Wangji, Hua Ying had come. Working fast Hua Ying Changed into his phoenix form again and with Xie Lian had changed the land in abundant of grass and flowers as the trees that died regrew their leaves changing it from dark and desolate to green and welcoming, Hua Tianshi collected every soul tainted with in the hall and graveyard as Hua Ying fire washed over the land killing the darkness, when done his four guardians appeared once again at his side and then like as they came, they vanished. Lan Sizhui was the first to get up.

Tell me... tell me that was real... tell me that it was really mother that I saw asked Lan Sizhui

If you saw it and I saw it SiZhui, replied ZeWu-Jun then it must be true.

Sect leader Lan, I am sorry to have withheld this from you said Jin Ling

You knew of the talisman and it's doing and you wanted them to meet for Sizhui's sake am I right asked ZeWu-Jun

I did, I just never knew the story behind it before second master Lan told us but I would've still done it, this is not a simple misunderstanding, this is one that has torn a family apart and I know what that is like, I do not want Sizhui to go through what I had to even if he has his father, his father...

Wangji acts like our father, secludes himself and forgets that there is some one more important that needs him said ZeWu-Jun.

Just as he said a blue light came from beside them Lan Sizhui had activated the transport talisman.

Suzhui where are you going come back shouted ZeWu-Jun

I must tell father and I must find mother said Lan Sizhui as he disappeared.

We better leave, there is nothing for us here anymore and we have to stop Sizhui said ZeWu-Jun quickly

I'm sorry I didn't know that he would act this way or that he could use a transportation talisman said Jin Ling

Neither did I, just shows he gets his impulsiveness from Hua Ying said ZeWu-Jun

Shudong/coffin city

Just as Lan Zhan was about to strum Wangji a blue light appeared, and Lan Sizhui fell out and into Lan Zhan's arms.

Sizhui? Asked Lan Zhan Surprised

Mot... mother... is... here he said and passed out, Lan Zhan immediately abandoned Wangji he dug in his sleeve and took out the pills the healer had made for his flux, once he made sure Lan Sizhui had swallowed the pill, he gave Lan Sizhui his own spiritual essence once he was out of danger Lan Zhan then turned and began helping the other sects, he played the musical sheet that he had learned all those months ago while Bichen flew protecting those that was being over powered. Once again, a giant phoenix appeared. As Hua Ying looked down, he couldn't believe what he was seeing, the sects were working together to erase the pain and hurt on the land. They were using his sheets. At first, he had thought he had to do it on his own with his family and when he had arrived at Chang sect, he thought it was just that now that he was here, he knew. They were truly looking for redemption.

A-Ying? Asked Xie Lian

Same as before he replied

His guardians took their place as his sister, mother and himself cleansed the area once done just as he was about to leave, he heard a melody.

It couldn't be he thought, he turned and looked down. There right in the middle of the chaos, there he stood, Wangji out, playing the song he had long since written for him. He stood as if the world had frozen.

A-Ying? Asked Xie Lian

It's nothing mommy, nothing but a memory said Hua Ying softly, let us go. As he turned back into a phoenix to take his mother and sister, he heard a scream and ignored it.

MOTHER!!! Shouted Lan Sizhui as he woke up seeing that Hua Ying was about to leave, not once did, the phoenix stop or look back it as it took to the skies and scattered in many forms of light.

Father, why didn't mother come down? Why didn't he listen when I called? Cried Lan Sizhui

Calm down Sizhui, tell me what you saw said Lan Zhan

As Lan Sizhui explained what he had seen and heard at the Chang Residence Nie Huaisang walked forward and listened.

I have told you he will be back he said as he looked at Lan Zhan

Where next asked Lan Zhan

There are only two places left said Nie Huaisang then turned and walked away, he grabbed the orange crystal around his neck and disappeared.

Sun-Phoenix palace

What happened out there? A-Ying you froze asked Hua Tianshi.

Hua Ying stopped then slowly turned to face his sister, A-Shi what do you think happened asked Hua Ying

A-Shi, calm down said Xie Lian, he was there, your brother froze because Wangji played the only melody that it has never played for anyone but your brother he explained

And the boy who cried out asked Hua Tianshi

I do not know A-Shi maybe it was for his mother, maybe a cultivator fell from the skies, how should I know asked Hua Ying

How long? Asked Hua Tianshi

How long what asked Hua Ying

HOW LONG ARE YOU GOING TO DENY NOT ONLY YOURSELF BUT HIM AS WELL she shouted as she lost control

YOU GO THROUGH THE EXACT SAME AS I EXPERIANCED THEN ASK ME HOW LONG!!! EVERY WOUND CAN HEAL EVERY SCAR CAN FADE BUT A SHATTERED HEART AND SOUL IS NOT THAT EASILY MENDED HUA TIANSHI AND I AM LIVING PROOF OF IT roared Hua Ying as he began walking away

THEN WHY SAVE HIM A MONTH AGO? WHY NOT LET HIM DIE she shouted as she followed him

BECAUSE I LOVE THAT COLD HEART ICE PRINCE, WE SHARE A SOUL! HOW ABOUT I GO STAB THE YELLOW EMPEROR AND WATCH HIM DIE SO YOU CAN FEEL WHAT IT FEELS LIKE, I WILL NOT ALLOW MY CHILDREN TO BE WITHOUT A FATHER!!! Shouted Hua Ying then scattered and disappeared

A-Shi, you know our law, an immortal cannot be with a mortal. If he died, he would've been reborn and not ascend said Xie Lian

Is it true mother, but he is not mortal not truly, they are both broken asked Hua Tianshi as the tears fell

Yes, it is true have you not noticed how tired he was just now? Asked Xie Lian

No, I was too concerned about him freezing, I was so sure he would go to him... but that boy he was shouting at my brother... no cultivator fell... that boy was looking up at A-Ying and shouted said Hua Tianshi

Grandmother said Hua DiSung softly as he and Hua ZhiRuo hid behind the pillar

My sweet babies, what are you doing here? Asked Xie Lian

We wanted to surprise mother but then that happened, and A-Yu left said Hua ZhiRuo

Come here it is fine, siblings fight, remember. As we get older it gets scary for young ones as you cooed Xie Lian

Aunt A-Shi, did mother really see father asked Hua ZhiRuo

Yes, little Ruo but A-Ying never went down to him, cleaning two areas has weakened my brother and I made it worse sighed Hua Tianshi

Mommy said she will not allow us to be without a father and yet we have not met him yet said Hua DiSung

Has A-Ying ever stopped you asked Hua Tianshi

No but mother refuses to go with us that is why we have not gone said Hua ZhiRuo

Your mother has memories best left alone; therefore, he had not returned said Xie Lian

But mommy did go back, mommy left to save daddy said Hua DiSung

And mother took Suibian with in order to bring mother back said Hua Zhiruo, grandmother is right, some memories are best left forgotten.

I am surprised for a one-year-old you are quite the intellect said Xie Lian

Not all black is black and not all white is white when it comes to mother you need to learn to see the grey said Hua ZhiRuo

Then will you see your father asked Hua Tianshi

Why? He is going to ascend anyway so why waste time getting to know him now when I could be studying said Hua ZhiRuo

And me reading smiled Hua DiSung

Because it is best to get to know the mortal with flaws then to know the immortal without said Hua Cheng as he walked in, and Hua Tianshi lowered her head

He did not come to me A-Shi he has locked himself up in the celestial realm, Boashan Sanren was the one to tell me said Hua Cheng

Stupid phoenix telepathy growled Hua Tianshi

Should I bury you now daughter or lock you in the arena asked Hua Cheng smiling

Try ghost king and I will eat your soul said Hua Tianshi

That's my girl, now go to your brother he does need you said Hua Cheng as he hugged her

He locked himself in said Hua Tianshi

When has he ever locked you out said Hua Cheng as he picked up Hua ZhiRuo, little demoness want to go and learn a new knife trick on mother's toys he smiled

Hua ZhiRuo's eyes lit up, please she said excitedly

And DiSung how about we go practice calligraphy that way when they come out of there you can play with A-Yu, and they can practice smiled Xie Lian

A god that is evil grinned Hua Cheng

Martial heavenly Emperor San Lang smiled Xie Lian

Golden-Fire Phoenix

A-Ying called Hua Tianshi

I am here sister said Hua Ying

As she came into the library, she saw Hua Ying with a book open, she had never seen before.

What are you reading? asked Hua Tianshi

I am not, I have been staring at a word ever since I picked it up... while thinking of planning on turning down a flower sprite sighed Hua Ying as he put the book down and picked up the jar of wine.

So, you heard the rumor said Hua Tianshi as she picked up the book

Heard it, grandmother is furious that she has made such bold claims, Tung Mei is beside herself and already admitted that it is not true said Hua Ying

Aren't you afraid asked Hua Tianshi as she sat down next to her brother.

Of what? another Akeldama. I will cut her petals first before she can even turn sneered Hua Ying

Brother, your darkness is showing smiled Hua Tianshi

Hua Ying looked at his sister and laughed then hugged her, I am sorry I lost hold of my temper said Hua Ying

It is I who should apologize I should've realized you were only following the rules and that you were tired said Hua Tianshi, so how about going to the fountain Hall and meditate or sleep or whatever you do there.

I am fine for now, need to sort out the merfolk problem first and the sprite problem said Hua Ying

Leave the merfolk for now, your health is more important. Can I ask something? Asked Hua Tianshi

You may said Hua Ying

We are not just of the heavens, so why follow the rules? he is not mortal, and he is not immortal either so why? Asked Hua Tianshi

Honestly it was a valid excuse so people would stop asking me, but it created this mess that I must clean up, I can go back and be in my mortal form, but for how long before they turn on me while I wait for his ascension, I need to think of ZhiRuo, DiSung and A-Yu. It is not only me this time, but he is also already immortal A-Shi after I healed him when I went with Suibian, he is like mother with the shackles, sealed said Hua Ying

A-Frayer told me about the children being in danger said Hua Tianshi, I was the one to tell mother and mother told father said Hua Tianshi

Thank you, sister said Hua Ying

When do we clean the burial mounds asked Hua Tianshi

When I can. Said Hua Ying, right now it was too much and with the stall, I might be out of it for at least a month while in between Yuandao and sorting this out said Hua Ying

Why don't you let me handle the sprite and the damsel said Hua Tianshi smiling

Thank you, A-Shi it will help greatly smiled Hua Ying

Go and some rest brother, the children are with our parents. Said Hua Tianshi as Suibian and ChenQing came to fetch him.

As Hua Ying left, she looked the book over and took his seat and started reading the story which Lan Zhan himself had written the day he found the truth after Hua Ying's second death

Sun Phoenix palace

Chenric enter the fountain room and gave Hua Ying a vial of blue Liquid.

Let me guess, uncle wants me to drink and sleep sighed Hua Ying as he took the bottle and downed it, he instantly became dizzy and laid down and feel into a deep healing sleep, Chenric went out leaving the guardians to do what they do best and she went to Wang Fang and handed him the empty vial.

When he wakes, he is going to be angry said Chenric

I would rather have my nephew angry then weak said Wang Fang as he turned to leave

How long called Chenric

With is shattered heart and slowly mending soul, a year before he can take on something as the burial mounds or Qishan replied Wang Fang over his shoulder.

His parents aren't going to be happy she shouted

Nor is everyone else shouted Wang Fang back.

One year later

Lan Zhan And Lan Sizhui had been keeping busy by cleansing the burial mounds with the other sects, for one year there had been no sign of Hua Ying but ZeWu-Jun had said that he was resting due to the amount of spiritual energy he had used and that he wasn't completely healed, when Lan Zhan had asked where he heard it from he had said that Nie Mingjue and Huaisang were discussing it when they got together to go through his report of the Quillian Sect. Lan Zhan sometimes wondered how was the children doing what were their ages how did they looked

Little did he know that they watched him at the inn although he never recognized them, they saw the sadness he carried as a burden the guilt and regret, many times Hua DiSung wanted to go over but was always held back by his sister they watched how they slowly transformed the land day by day many taking turns except their father and his son, if they weren't allowed to help cleanse the area then they would plant flowers and look after them hoping that someday their own mother would see it.

Ruo-Ruo I don't understand, mommy doesn't want to see him yet mommy cries for him said Hua DiSung

DiSung Hua ZhiRuo sighed mother is still very hurt, and we do not even know why all we know is that it was father and the people there that hurt mother.

Do you want to find out asked DiSung with a mischievous grin

What do you know that I do not asked Hua ZhiRuo

I know mommy doesn't go into the library in the Phoenix-Lotus Manor anymore I also know that there is a book about mommy and daddy in a glass case next to the book aunt A-Shi and the book that great uncle Pei gave mommy there is even a new book aunt A-Shi had placed in it smiled Hua DiSung

DiSung we do not know how to read properly yet remember; we are only two almost three. Said Hua ZhiRuo

But Ruo-Ruo I know an incantation that can help us said Hua DiSung we don't have to read we only need to watch

What if it like the stories grandfather tells us about how he and grandmother being naughty and being caught asked Hua ZhiRuo

Do you want to know or not asked Hua DiSung

Alright but then we must find father's scroll as well to get two sides of the story and not just one said Hua ZhiRuo

I know and if mommy asks, I am helping you with calligraphy so you must learn. I can't lie said Hua DiSung

Fine what if great aunt Ling walks in asked Hua ZhiRuo

We disguise the book Ruo-Ruo, trust me smiled Hua DiSung as he disappeared in white flame

Show off muttered Hua ZhiRuo before she disappeared in black flames.

Father these flowers are you sure asked Lan Sizhui as he helped Lan Zhan

'Mn' replied Lan Zhan, the pink lilies represent femininity, love, adoration and admiration, the red lilies represent love and passion, the red Chrysanthemums represent love, yellow Chrysanthemum's represent sorrow and neglected love, White Peony represent shame, to ask for forgiveness and the blue Iris means hope and faith

How does father know this asked Lan Sizhui

I was given flowers many years ago and I searched for a book to tell me what it meant said Lan Zhan

Given flowers? By whom asked Lan Sizhui

By A-Xian said Jin Yanli as she came forward with her little one, there are the ones you requested A-Zhan.

Lan Sizhui looked at the flowers and the little trees, thank you Madam Jin said Lan Zhan as he took the flowers.

There is more said Jin Yanli as three cart Fulls came slowly towards him, soon Lan Zhan, Lan Sizhui and Jin Yanli was busy within the ground, after some time Lan Jingyi, Jin Ling, Jin ZiXuan and Ouyang Zizhen joined as they planted the flowers within the ground.

Mother why these and not others asked Jin Ling

These are special to the both of them said Jin Yanli as she held Jin Ling. Jasmine as white as snow means purity and innocence, blue forget me nots, I will never forget you, true eternal love and devotion, red poppies remembrance and death but also romantic love, pink Peony love at first sight and I personally chose the yellow Peony it means new beginnings.

I never knew about the red poppies meant romantic love the first time said Lan Zhan

But these were the ones mother gave you before QiongQi path happened asked Lan Sizhui

Yes, and then I had upset him once again and he left said Lan Zhan

He came back a month later said Jin Yanli, it was the last time I saw him cry.

I have too much to apologize for, too much to make up for said Lan Zhan

And this is the right step the first way to show him smiled Jin
Yanli

But what of mother's flowers, the bleeding hearts asked Lan Sizhui

I am having my people search for them as we speak, and I told them money is no option if I can all the white and pink ones then I will get all the white and pink ones said Jin Yanli

Why pink? Mother's is white asked Lan Sizhui confused

Because the meaning of it is beautiful love and romance, kindness and purity and A-Xian's is innocence and purity. Kind, generous, and full of love.

Too bad there isn't one for self-sacrificing bastard said Jin Ling as his mother hit him over the head, what was that for asked Jin Ling horrified

The word said Jin Yanli

Self-sacrificing asked Jin Ling as he ducked as his mother's missed his head

Lan Sizhui and the rest laughed; Lan Zhan had a smile on his face. A gentle breeze blew through the flowers and Lan Zhan lifted his head as he closed his eyes.

Shi QingXuan is happy smiled Jin Yanli as she placed a hand on his shoulder, she can see that you mean ever word. Later that evening at Yiling Inn many celebrated a good day as unexpected rain fell Lan Zhan sat in his room looking over the box and the Hua Ying doll that sat next to him, the book Pei Ming had written had once stopped when Lan Zhan sealed his memories but when he found it again, he realized there was much more written the book never stopped. Even in the book it was like they went from lovers to arch enemies, Lan Zhan never understood what his soulmate went through even reading it he still cannot. 

As he looked out the window that faced the burial mounds and saw the rain his mind wondered if having rain was considered romantic, he lifted his head, in the distance he saw a person in white not only dancing in the rain but among the flowers that they had planted that day. Lan Zhan walked to the window to make sure his eyes weren't deceiving him, with one leap he exited through the window and stepped lightly on Bichen and flew to where the maiden was dancing. He approached and saw that she wore a smile as she danced, the dance was familiar to Lan Zhan but he just could remember exactly where but somehow, she seemed familiar, as Lan Zhan looked at her, he saw a maiden of fifteen years of age, her smile spoke of innocence and purity, when her eyes opened, they were captivating as they shared both silver and golden, like fire dancing in the night sky, she was slender as she wore robes of red, white and golden he could not see the patterns properly as it was dark, but he saw her.

Do you like the rain as well the maiden asked as she danced around him

'Mn' replied Lan Zhan

Then why do you not dance she asked

I have no reason to said Lan Zhan

And if you have a reason? She asked

My reason for dancing is more complicated said Lan Zhan

Are you unhappy in your married life she asked as she stopped

I betrayed and shattered my partner said Lan Zhan

Then why do you not try and mend what you broke she asked

I do not know where to start so I started where I first saw him, then we all started here said Lan Zhan

With flowers asked the maiden

'Mn' replied Lan Zhan

She looked around as she named them and their meaning then she looked at them, one is missing is it not she asked

It is yes said Lan Zhan

Then may it be a gift to you from me she said as she went around the Jasmine bush and pulled out the most perfect white bleeding hearts, thank you for the garden and for the words behind them said the maiden as she then vanished with the breeze.

Lan Zhan was shocked has he held bleeding hearts in his hand, her words caressed his ears "thank you for the garden and the words behind them", he looked around and couldn't find her so in the middle of the night he took out Bichen and dug a hole large enough near the wall that led into the burial mounds. Nie Huaisang finally came out of his hiding spot and approached Lan Zhan.

When love blooms so does the night sky does it not asked Nie Huaisang

You knew asked Lan Zhan

I knew nothing I am after still just a lover of arts said Nie Huaisang with a smile

Would you answer me if I asked why is that dance so familiar asked Lan Zhan

Think of the time you first showed him how you felt, you will find the answer said Nie Huaisang as he opened his fan and walked away.

The next morning as everyone woke up ready to start the day, they heard Jin Ling screaming, the burial mounds is cleansed, mother, mother come quickly.

The flowers, bushes and peach blossom trees, grew over night and in the middle where the wall was stood the bleeding-heart tree reaching for the sky and blooming, the town and the cultivators walked up the path to where the cave was and the juniors rushed inside no longer was it dark and gloomy as crystallite gleamed on the rock surface as creepers of wild sage crept between them and the blood pool was no longer instead there was a crystal-clear pool everyone looked in wonder as Jin Yanli approached Lan Zhan.

You saw him last night didn't you asked Jin Yanli

What I saw was a young maiden but yes it was him said Lan Zhan

It looks as though he had recovered enough sighed Jin YanLi

I won't stop till I find him said Lan Zhan

Maybe you should stop and let him come to you said Jin YanLi

I can't, the wait... I resented him for far too long because of it this time I shall seek him on my own said Lan Zhan as he turned and walked away

Jin Yanli saw a butterfly plastered to the rock wall and sighed; will you ever ease his torment A-Xian... don't you think you have both suffered enough? Then turned and walked outside opposite the white bleeding-hearts grew another smaller one and this one was pink, she touched them gently as Jin Zixuan came and held her.

He came last night and said his Shijie belongs by his side even among the flowers said Jin ZiXuan

How? How is this possible asked sect Leader Yao

He has been watching said Jin Yanli, can you not see this is what forgiveness looks like in his eyes.

What now asked sect leader Ouyang

Qishan said ZeWu-Jun, let us finish what we have started

Chief cultivator? Asked a junior disciple I understand the need and I agree but most of us are tired and worn the mounds now are nothing compared to Qishan it is too large

We shall help said the inn keeper of Yiling as the rest of the town nodded, we shall spread word to help with anything you need, food, rest, men, we might not look like much but if he could forgive you and do this he said as he spread is arms, giving us back the celestial mounds we lost over four-hundred years ago then we to can forgive and start anew as he picked a yellow Peony and handed it to ZeWu-Jun.

It seems the world as flocked together nicely said Yushi Huang as she rode on her black bull.

Jin Yanlli and Jin Zixuan immediately bowed paying respects, everyone saw this and bowed as well.

There is no need for this, I have come bearing gifts from orders of the emperor himself as she got off the bull and got the young ones to help.

Goddess Yushi, said Jin YanLi is A-Xian...

He is fine, angry but fine said Yushi Huang

Angry? Asked Jin Yanli

He missed the birth of your son A-Li, ChenQing gave him a vile from Wang Fang, the idiot made him sleep for a year. Said Yushi Huang, I would be angry too.

And the children? Asked Jin YanLi

They are as well as can be A-Li said Yushi Huang

You are hiding something from me said Jin Yanli

As you are hiding something from my nephew said Yushi Huang, these will help improve your cultivation and spiritual energy if you really want to help his supreme majesty, then she walked over to the inn keeper, these are seed hand them to the farmers have them plant them along the stream it will help the cultivators, this will be Yiling's secret she whispered to him as he bowed

Now I need to head back I have my own to be with she said as he climbed on the bull and everyone bowed respectfully and greeted her.

Tell A-Xian I miss him and that if he wants Quillian sect is looking beautiful this time of the year said Jin Yanli as Yushi Huang smiled and left.

He is truly immortal said sect leader Yao

Well, who else could ask the gods to help asked sect leader Ouyang

I just wish I could see mother once said Lan SiZhui softly

Come, come we shall lay the tables and celebrate here but have the food prepared at Yiling said the inn keeper as the townsfolk gathered up the harvest that was bought and went down soon afterwards carts were pulled and tables laid the wine and tea flowed.

I think this will be a wonderful place for a temple said Jin YanLi absent mindedly as she watches everyone being merry.

I was thinking the same madam Jin said the inn keeper as he came from behind.

An open temple so the sun can always touch the inside if the creepers do their down magic, they can create a natural roof.

A-Xian never cared for gold nor silver said Jin YanLi

Then it shall be of stone and the offerings can be what people choose it to be said the inn keeper

That shall be fine as she smiled

But what should the statue be asked the Inn keeper

Leave that to sect leader Nie of the Quillian Sect smiled Jin YanLi, he will commission the best statue for your temple, then every autumn fest we can light lanterns and celebrate him smiled Jin YanLi

Madam Jin lantern are expensive we cannot afford such things said the inn keeper.

You provide the temple, Quillian sect will provide the statue and once a year Jin sect will provide the Lanterns.

Lan Sect will provide the sacred paper said ZeWu-Jun as he walked up with Jin ZiXuan, Jiang Cheng and Nie Mingjue

And I shall provide the sacred red candles said Jiang Cheng

Thank you said the Inn keeper as he bowed and left.

Looks like A-Xian is going to rule over this side of the world as well said Jin Yanli

Madam Jin, may I ask where is my brother asked ZeWu-Jun

Searching for his shattered heart said Jin YanLi

Then I shall pray they meet again said ZeWu-Jun as Nie Mingjue nodded

After two months of searching with Beauty finally showing him the way as he travelled in Qishan fighting ghost, ghouls and a few walking corpses, Wangji was ever his partner playing enquiry and played the song that he had written when he realized that it was Hua Ying's birthday.

As they reached Zhoushan, nightshade appeared calling them back to Gusu, Lan Zhan didn't want to go back but if his brother spoke Lan Zhan listened, it took less than five days as he was in a hurry to get back to his search little did he know that two children followed him watching him until they were caught either by one of the guardians or their older brother and bought them back home either to Yuandao or to the Sun-Phoenix Palace where their mother waiting on bated breath.

As Lan Zhan entered Cloud Recesses, he was greeted by ZeWu-Jun

You have been gone two months Wangji have you forgotten we still have a task to complete asked ZeWu-Jun

I have not said Lan Zhan as he walked up to ZeWu-Jun

I know the pain and guilt you feel Wangji as I have felt it to but right now, we are needed let's do the task at hand then you can search for him properly said ZeWu-Jun

'Mn' replied Lan Zhan

Come on the juniors are waiting for your return said ZeWu-Jun defeated

As the made their way to the training grounds many older disciples bowed respectfully in greeting as ZeWu-Jun and Lan Zhan walked past for the two months of searching Lan Zhan began receding back to his old self once again and this worried ZeWu-Jun greatly. once reaching the training ground he was Lan Sizhui teaching the new generation patiently as Lan Jingyi walked around them and correct the simple mistakes, the juniors make. when they saw Lan Zhan, they immediately lit up and dismissed the class, the children walked off to have their lunch as Lan Sizhui and Lan Jingyi made their way the Jade twins.

Father, you have returned said Lan Sizhui

'Mn' replied Lan Zhan

Is there still no sign asked Lan Sizhui

Lan Zhan looked at him, shook his head then walked off heading towards the Gentian cottage

Uncle he has searched for so long said Lan Sizhui

He is not going to stop until he finds him sighed ZeWu-Jun

Later that evening there was a knock on the door

Father called Lan Sizhui, uncle has asked me to inform you that dinner is ready and is awaiting your presence.

Lan Zhan stood up and opened the door, 'Mn' he replied as he stepped out and Lan Sizhui falling into stride.

I'm sorry said Lan Zhan making Lan Sizhui's steps falter. I apologize for being the absent parent.

Mother's whereabouts is important to the both of us said Lan Sizhui with a smile.

What has been happening asked Lan Zhan

Sect leader Nie Huaisang has commissioned a statue to be made of mother from granite stone and they look life like he even now added three more one being the phoenix bird the maiden that you had seen and how mother use to look like the two originals are still the same and someone from the Gobi desert is making the white jade bleeding heart crown and we are trying to replicate mother's headband.

Yiling has finished the opened temple which leads into the cave and within it is goddess Hua Tianshi with her prayer written in seal script, Emperor Tai Zi Danxia sitting on a Dias and crimson rain sought flower standing next to him, if you go deeper each opening is for each god and goddess and also ghost kings, who would want to worship Qi Rong is anyone's guess but the Inn keeper said that all family should have a chance explained Lan Sizhui.

When mother's statue is done, I want to be there as it is placed me Lan Jingyi, Jin Ling and Ouyang ZiZhen has already asked permission. Also, on the night it rained in the celestial mounds it also rained in Tanzhou, the garden grew there as well in the entrance is also white bleeding hearts by the seal script which has mother's poem on it, they celebrated the next day they had woken. and there had been sightings for a phoenix travelling along the borders of the desert and the Quillian sect. Said Lan Sizhui

'Mn' replied Lan Zhan said, if you come by later, I can show you his ribbon so you and draw it then make it.

Lan Sizhui's eyes shone as he heard his father's words as they entered the dining Hall as each went to their respective seats Lan Zhan couldn't help marvel at how much Lan Sizhui had grown not only through cultivation but also at length

"If you were here, would you be proud at the man he had grown up to be" thought Lan Zhan as he took his seat

Lan Qiren and ZeWu-Jun looked worriedly at Lan Zhan as he ZeWu-Jun had already told Lan Qiren that Lan Zhan had once again retreated within himself like he did when he had first lost Hua Ying, once everyone was done Lan Qiren and ZeWu-Jun was discussing the plans on starting to cleanse the Qishan sect and how to do it.

Wangji, have you heard of a newly established sect called Fenghuang west of Zhoushan asked ZeWu-Jun

'Mn' replied Lan Zhan

From the reports we have been receiving, they wear robes of red, green and yellow for juniors but it is said that the elder of them where black and white with the FengHuang bird embroidered over their hearts, it is also written that the two that was seen with the juniors where titled wandering sun and moon and it has been confirmed by Yiling and Mingjue explained ZeWu-Jun

There is one other report said Lan Qiren, it is written that the FengHuang sect isn't the only one in the BeiMian in three years, there have been eight new sects established with few minor sects under them and one demonic cultivational sect and that they are under Yuandao.

When Lan Zhan heard the name Yuandao, his hopes had risen as he remembered the word play Hua Ying had used to retrieve a perfumed bag with medicinal herbs that was meant for his injured leg at the time.

Wangji? are you alright asked ZeWu-Jun seeing his brother's surprised look.

Breaking out of the memory, 'Mn' replied Lan Zhan

As I was saying we will so be having out annual guest lectures soon and would like them to participate, Nie Huaisang is the only one that can enter the desert so he would be a good choice to ask along with Nie Mingjue and we meaning you and I could head to BeiMian and enquire there, said ZeWu-Jun

'Mn' replied Lan Zhan

we can leave tomorrow and arrive within two days, after we can head to Qishan and start the cleansing. We have noticed that if we were to have the sects open the arrays, we can enhance the melodies through them cleansing the area quicker but we have no idea what it would do to the corpses this is why Ouyang Zizhen, Jin Ling and the others that are eighteen up to twenty-three will be on the ground holding the ground said Lan Qiren

Madam Jin asked Lan Zhan

She has her child but sect leader Jin will join us along with every other sect said ZeWu-Jun

Then it has been planned said Lan Zhan as he stood up bowed and left his uncle and brother.

Lan Sizhui and the disciple who were with during the coffin city adventure was sitting by the waterfall as Sizhui had one of the black and white rabbits in his arms.

Sizhui don't be disheartened if second master Lan says he will find him then he will, said Jingyi

I honestly do not know who to feel sorrier for said the disciple

I agree, Sizhui had retained his memories after seeing the dizi, master Hua who had been betrayed by us twice and died for the second time or second master Lan who had lost his soul mate for the second time and was only able to catch a glimpse twice said the other disciple

Both are in pain said Lan Sizhui softly

Meaning asked Lan Jinyi

Think of it, the first-time father was whipped 33 times for defending mother, when he heard mother had died, he kept the one thing most valuable to them both and raised me hoping he would return and clear up the misunderstandings said Lan Sizhui as he looked up at the skies.

Then when he did return, second master Lan was hurt to know he had stayed away for thirteen years instead and had no memory of them but, they still managed to work through their differences, gotten married, they were happy said Lan Jingyi

I wish their happiness could've stayed as they mended each other said the Lan Disciple

After that what we did, what we all did was worse than death said another disciple

I can understand why he would shatter his own soul

But master Hua us back now, isn't he? I mean he isn't shattered anymore

Wounds heal, scars fade but a shattered heart and soul cannot truly be repaired said Lan Zhan as the juniors stood up from fright

Father started Lan Sizhui we were... only...

Forgive us Second master Lan

It is fine, even I understand said Lan Zhan as he took the rabbit from Sizhui, it is almost sleeping time.

Yes, second master Lan as the disciples hurriedly left.

Did uncle tell you of my report asked Lan Sizhui

We shall leave after Qishan said Lan Zhan

Do you think mother will be there asked SiZhui

Lan Zhan looked at the waterfall, I have no idea, come Sizhui he said as he walked off with the rabbit to return it to its family.

Just as Lan Zhan use to do Lan Sizhui looked up at the star.

Lonely star, what should I do to bring mother back and see father happy again he said with tears in his eyes as he walked back to his room and whispered, I really do miss Mo Xuanyu before following Lan Zhan

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

132K 5.6K 15
Under Revision. Some parts will be changed.❌❌❌ What if Madame Yu and Jiang Fengmian didn't die at all? What if Jin Zixuan never died by Wen Ning's ha...
829K 29.3K 41
I changed what happened at the temple .... so yes ... bad guy wins and Wei Ying looses .... everything. Wei Ying is thrown away not just by everyon...
541K 26.7K 53
Wei Ying lived his life with his husband, Lan Zhan. Then after they die, Wei Ying is sent back to his youth by a very new god ..... but the god place...
Ghost By

Romance

10.1K 1K 16
Lan Zhan has been beaten nearly to death. He doesn't want to live. His Wei Ying is dead or is he? Suddenly Wei Ying is talking to Lan Zhan but is he...