Modern Cinderella ( Percabeth...

By wise_eyes99

Percy Jackson, a troubled boy is transferred to Goode High. A school that seemed to be just like all of the o... More

Modern Cinderella ( Percabeth )
Lonely ( chapter one )
Mom ( chapter two )
Girlfriend? ( chaper three )
Plan ( chapter four )
Authors Note
Gabe ( chapter five )
Fight ( Chapter six )
Beer ( Chapter seven )
Explanation ( Chaper eight )
Truth or Dare ( Chapter ten )
Authors Note
Truth or Dare 2 ( Chapter Eleven )
SUPERPERCY! ( chapter twelve )
Why. ( Chapter thirteen )

Party ( Chapter Nine )

15K 376 85
By wise_eyes99

I tap my foot against the floor anxiously. The sound echoed across the room, and most of my classmates were probably irritated by it, but I couldn't help my excitement.

It's Friday, last period of the day. I just want to get out of this class as soon as possible. Once I get home, I can get started on doing Gabe's laundry so I'll be able to show up at Annabeth's party on time. I'll also have to make sure everything in our apartment is perfect so Gabe will have no reason to not let me go.

I have it all planned out.

First, I walk home with Annabeth. I'll make sure I have the times right for the party. Also, I need to ask if I need to bring anything and what we might be doing. I need to make sure I don't sound like an idiot.

---------------------------------------------

"Hey Percy." Annabeth greeted me with a warm smile. She caught up to me, and we walked next to each down the sidewalk.

"Hey Annabeth, how's is going?" I asked while casually sticking my hands in my pocket.

She chuckled. "Nothing really. Are you planning on coming tonight?"

"Yeah, it's crossed my mind. " The truth is, the party has been the only thing on my mind all week. But I wasn't going to tell her that.

"Alright cool. Remember, it starts at five and ends at eleven."

I nodded. It looks like I won't have to worry about asking her the times. Now I just need to ask her details.

"So..." I started looking over at her. Annabeth glanced at me as well and smiled. My stomach fluttered, and I quickly looked away. "How many people are planning to show?"

She shrugged. "Not sure, but definitely you, Thalia, Nico, Rachel, and Luke. I think the Stoll brothers might show as well, along with Katie, and possibly Grover. Is that alright?"

Was she really asking me this? It's her party after all.

"Yeah, it's your party. You can invite whoever you want." I replied questionably.

She laughed. "Oh yeah."

I snuck another glance at her. Annabeth's eyes were fixed in front of her and a smile formed her face. A strand of hair hung loosely in front of her face, and she tucked it behind her ear. Annabeth adjusted the books she had, situating them closer to her chest. It was a cute way of protection.

She looked over to me and raised an eyebrow.

My eyes widened as I just realized I had been staring. A blush creeped onto my cheeks and I quickly turned my head away from her due to my embarrassment.

"Sorry." I muttered.

Annabeth laughed. Little crinkles appeared at the corners of her eyes as they sparkled in amusement. Sunlight shone on her curls causing them to glow a shimmering gold. Annabeth really was beautiful. "It's alright."

I looked up again and noticed my apartment building up ahead. Thank god!! A way to avoid this embarrassment.

Fastening my pace, I glided up the staircase leading to the door.

"I guess I'll see you tonight then." Annabeth called.

I turned around to see her waving at me. A hopeful smile on her face. Annabeth is a smiley person. I like that about her.

I smiled and waved back, then disappeared through the doorway.

---------------------------------------------

Alright, first step is done. Check!

The second step is to do Gabe's laundry. Oh god, this'll be fun. NOT!!

---------------------------------------------

After I finished his laundry, I started on cleaning the rest of the house since he wasn't home yet.

One thing you should know about me is that I hate cleaning. I mean, I would prefer a house be clean rather than dirty, but I don't like doing the work. So I find things to distract me when I have to clean.

That's why I found myself screaming the lyrics to random songs that popped up on my ipod that afternoon, while moving things around in my living room.

"Hey soul sister

Ain't that mister mister

On the radio, stereo

The way you move ain't fair, you know

Hey soul sister

I don't wanna miss

A single thing you do

Tonight

Hey, hey, hey

Just in time

I'm so glad you have

A one track mind like me

You gave my life direction

A game show love connection

We can't deny

I'm so obsessed

My heart is bound to beat

Right out my untrimmed chest

I believe in you

Like a virgin, you're Madonna

And I'm always gonna wanna blow your mind" I sing/scream while moving some books onto the book shelf.

"You're a pretty good singer." A voice said from behind me.

I screamed in terror like a little girl and turn around startled. My face twisted into a look of pure fear. The books I had been holding fell onto the floor in a heap except for one that I had used as a shield in front of my face.

The voice belonged to Rachel.

She burst into laughter. "Oh my god, that was... Oh my god Percy! Your face!"

I dropped the book from my face, and I returned my heartbeat to normal. A sigh escaped through my lips in relief.

I ask. "What are you doing here?"

"To get you ready for the party. And I come here to see you cleaning and singing!" She gave me the craziest look. Small bits of laughter finding a way out of Rachel's mouth.

I rolled my eyes. "I'm cleaning so Gabe will allow me to go."

Stomping down the hallway outside the door was heard along with Gabe's voice. He was on the phone! And Gabe was about to walk into the apartment any second.

"Quick, hide!" I whispered. She dove behind the couch as I turned off the music that was still blasting around the apartment.

The door opened and in came Gabe.

"No!!! I don't have the money yet! Leave me alone!" He yelled into his phone. Gabe was probably talking to one of his gambling buddies.

The door slammed, as Gabe hung up his phone.

He eyed me up and down and sneered. "I'll be in my room. Don't bother me." He demanded and started for his room. A wave a smoke and beer hit me as he walked by, and I tried not to gag.

Once I heard the door shut down the hall, I ushered Rachel out from behind the couch.

"Come on, let's go before he changes his mind." I whisper to her.

I grabbed my jacket, wallet, and phone, and we snuck out of my apartment.

---------------------------------------------

"Hey guys!" Annabeth greeted Rachel and I.

"Hey." We said back in sync.

Annabeth opened the door to let us in. I slowly stepped into the house with Rachel close behind me.

She had a foyer displayed in the front with the stairs going up on the left side. There was an opening on the right to where I'm assuming the kitchen was, and the living room sat ahead of where I was standing. It was a good sized house.

Thalia and Nico were lounging on the couches already.

Thalia turned her head towards us. "The new kid's here!" She yelled.

She was a very intimidating person. I could feel my blood churning in a wave of nervousness as she stepped closer to me. Her eyes, a bright, electric blue, stared me down. They were slightly squinted as she tried to find something.

I just stood there like an idiot.

What was she doing?

"Mmmhhhh.." She sounded. Thalia grudgingly turned away, while giving me a look that confused me.

I sighed in relief.

Thalia whipped around and pointed an accusing finger at my face. "You're Percy?"

"Y-yeah." I stuttered on accident. What the heck?

"Oh give him a break Thalia." Annabeth chuckled." He just got here."

"But I was having fun." Thalia whined at Annabeth. Then to me. "You're fun to mess with, I like you." She said with a smirk. Then she turned around and sat back down next to Nico.

I laughed to myself. This is gonna be fun.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

139K 6.1K 55
ငယ်ငယ်ကတည်းကတစ်ယောက်နှင့်တစ်ယောက်မတည့်တဲ့ကောင်လေးနှစ်ယောက်ကအလှလေးတစ်ယောက်ကိုအပြိုင်အဆိုင်လိုက်ကြရာက မိဘတွေရဲ့အတင်းအကြပ်စီစဉ်ပေးမှုကြောင့်တစ်ယောက်အပေါ...
4M 87K 62
•[COMPLETED]• Book-1 of Costello series. Valentina is a free spirited bubbly girl who can sometimes be very annoyingly kind and sometimes just.. anno...
4.4M 244K 188
Now available in paperback on Amazon! Though the last chapter is read that doesn't mean the story is over. One shots for A Secret Service including...
34.6K 1.1K 22
[ONGOING 🔞] #8 insanity :- Wed, May 15, 2024. #2 yanderefanfic :- Sat, May 18, 2024. After y/n became an orphan, she had to do everything by herself...