HERNAN AND GABRIELA BOOK 1

By Graceguya1

This is a re-writing of the Grimm's fairytale, Hansel and Gretel as a Telenovela. It is the first book of a t... More

CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45
CHAPTER 46
CHAPTER 47
CHAPTER 48
CHAPTER 49
CHAPTER 50
CHAPTER 51
EPISODE 52
CHAPTER 53
CHAPTER 54
CHAPTER 55
CHAPTER 56
CHAPTER 57
CHAPTER 58
CHAPTER 59
CHAPTER 60

CHAPTER 23

1 0 0
By Graceguya1

Elsewhere,

Hector looks at his phone. Adrianna had texted him that she would like to talk to him, during the lunch break. He tells her that he has to talk to Gina then but they can talk before they leave work. She agrees. At lunchtime, Gina meets with Hector, in the open garden in front of the office for privacy. There they could see anyone coming from any direction. Even then they still keep their tones low. She asks him what was so important and secret that they had to discuss it privately. He tells her that Aranza asked them to attend their father's memorial service and he agreed but he said he would ask her if she wanted to go. Gina is caught off guard.

She remains quiet for a few seconds. Hector comes and hugs her. Gina says it will be hard because it will be the first time since they were abandoned in the forest that they will see their father's grave. She says it will be hard to keep a neutral face. He says he knows and understands her worries but that they have to find the inner courage to take that step. Gina turns and says that he should not have agreed to Aranza's request. Hector asks her why. Gina says he seems to have forgotten he has two sisters. Hector says he does not see her point. Gina says he should not always agree to do everything Aranza wants because he is spoiling her. Gina adds that he should learn to tell her no. Hector asks her if she is jealous of Aranza.

Gina asks him what he is talking about. Hector says he knows he has been spending a lot of time, especially pretty much every Saturday with her and he can see why she is jealous because she feels he will be closer to Aranza and love her more. Gina rolls her eyes. She says that it is not about her; it's about him overcompensating for the 16 years they missed seeing their little sister growing up. Hector stares at her then asks her again if she is jealous of the bond he has with Aranza. Gina insists she isn't and says if anyone is jealous it's him. Hector asks her what she means. She says he is jealous because it's Antonio who has been around for the past 17 years to play the big brother role and guide and help Aranza when she needed him.

Hector says that there is probably an element of truth to what each of them thinks. Gina looks like she is about to protest but he says that their tragic early years affected them both and they missed so much and they both feel confused about how to deal with everything. Gina tells him jokingly, that he sounds so profound and intelligent. Hector smiles and says that he is the smarter more fun twin while she is the boring, annoying one. Gina adds that he forgot to say he was big-headed as well. He smiles at her and then gets serious and says that they are twins, they have been together since day one, and while they should both build a relationship with their little sister, they share a close bond and that will never change.

He then hugs her and she says that she is still scared of not keeping it together during the memorial. Hector says he knows but this is an opportunity to visit their father's grave without raising suspicion as to who they really are. Gina thinks about what her brother has just said and agrees to go to their father's memorial. She then says that they should go for lunch. Antonio watches them from an office window. Watching them he can sense their close bond. To him, they feel like twins and not cousins. What are they hiding? What is it that had made them seem sad that week?

Elsewhere,

Helena is in her office. She stands up and walks around to the window. She surveys the surrounding buildings, then her office. She has a few flashbacks of Gabriel. She thinks to herself and remembers threatening the then head of the hospital's morgue into declaring that Gabriel's body was among one of the 3 dead bodies and that the missing body belonged to one of the emergency medical technicians. She wonders about what could have happened to Gabriel. How did he survive whatever injuries he sustained from the accident? Did he die soon after? Is he still alive? She then thinks about the twins and says (to herself) that those brats better be dead or remain where they are because if they return she will fight to keep all she has worked to create and grow.

Meanwhile, Alejandro finds out that Aranza has invited Hector and Gina to her father's memorial. What annoys him most is that because it's a memorial, he cannot do anything without looking insensitive. Gina tells Armando, Luisa, Anna Patricia, Clara, Ramon, and Martin. They are of course worried about the emotional toll it will take on the twins. Hector and Gina, however, assure them that they will be fine. With all that going on, Hector receives a call from an old friend. His name is Rafael. He is going on leave for two weeks and wants someone he can trust to watch over his house.

Later,

Hector is in his cubicle. It's nearly 4:30 pm and most of the staff had already left. Even he is about to leave and go and get Adrianna who was discussing some work-related issues with some colleagues from sales. Marianna enters the set of cubicles in which Hector works and walks towards him. She greets him and asks him what he is doing. He shows her. When Hector's eyes are still transfixed on the computer, as he's typing a website name, Marianna looks up momentarily and sees Adrianna approaching, the office door.

Adrianna enters. Hector still hasn't noticed her presence. Marianna catches him off guard and kisses him. Hector quickly but gently pushes her aside. He is just about to scold her when he sees Adrianna. She looks hurt and teary. Adrianna turns and begins walking away. Hector goes after her. Marianna smiles and says to herself that things have just begun and that this should be quite fun.

Meanwhile,

Hector catches up with Adrianna and holds one of her hands. Adrianna looks up at him and says she should apologize for interrupting his and Marianna's great moment of passion. He holds her chin up and she faces him again. He tells her that Marianna ambushed him and she is up to her usual plans. He adds that the only one he has a passion for is her. Adrianna looks at him like she does not believe him. Adrianna asks him why he entertains Marianna. She adds that he encouraged her flirting by indulging her questions when she sits near him.

Hector says he always assumed she was harmless, a little flirty but harmless, that is until that day. He adds that she is probably obsessed with him. Adrianna says that he in one way or another encouraged her flirting. She adds that by indulging her she thought he welcomed it. Adrianna also asks him what he was doing with her alone in the office twice. Hector says he was busy with his own things and he would not plan to be alone with Marianna. He looks at her and she is slightly calmer. He says they should go back to his cubicle.

Meanwhile, Gina and Antonio are in his cubicle. Most people in the IT department have left for the weekend as well. She tells him Clara had called and wanted to see her and Hector that day. Antonio says it's okay, and that she should enjoy that she has great grandparents with whom she had a great relationship because life is short. She comes and hugs him.

Elsewhere,

Adrianna watches Hector and asks him what's wrong. He says he was thinking about a favor he agreed to do for a friend. Adrianna asks him what favor he meant. Hector tells her about the friend who is going on leave for two weeks to the countryside, and how he agreed to house sit. Adrianna asks him how he will go about it. He says he is still thinking about it but he is not sure, whether agreeing was a good idea. Adrianna says she has the perfect idea. Hector looks at her suspiciously. She asks him what he is so worried about. He says Aranza usually also says she has the perfect idea right before she proposes something crazy.

Adrianna smiles at the thought of her cousin then says that she should come and stay with him at his friend's house for two weeks. Hector is very shocked. He tells her that it's a crazy idea, that her aunt would not approve. Adrianna says that her aunt is way too old-fashioned. She adds that nothing will change because they will still go to work and meet up with family and friends during the day. Hector is still unconvinced and remembers how much Helena hates him and Gina. This will just give her more ammunition. Adrianna says that they are in a relationship and it will be consensual. Hector looks at her quietly. He really does want to stay with her but what will people say? He agrees though he is still wary of people's reactions.

Later, Martin, Aurelio, Hector, and Gina go to their grandparent's house. Clara sends Martin and Aurelio to the store to get salt. Martin knows better than to argue with his grandmother when she is set on something. Now it's just Anna Patricia, Armando, Luisa, Clara, Ramon, Hector, and Gina.

Meanwhile outside the store: Aurelio asks Martin what Clara wanted to talk to Hector and Gina about that she didn't want them to be present. Martin, of course, knew the truth but the family decided not to tell Aurelio anything to spare him the effects of the fallout once the twins' identity was revealed. Martin says Clara has her reasons and maybe soon they will know the truth. He says they should trust their grandmother's judgment.

Elsewhere,

Luisa asks them how they feel about going to their father's memorial. Gina says it will be hard to remain calm and neutral especially with Carlos and Helena there. Armando hugs her, as she looks emotional and sad. Hector says it will be harder because they will see their mother's grave as well. Ramon tells them to be careful because Helena and Carlos are dangerous.

Back at the Montes De Alba mansion,

Adrianna asks to speak to Helena. She tells her aunt that she will be staying with Hector. As expected Helena causes a fracas over the issue. She scolds Adrianna. Adrianna says she and Hector love each other and there is nothing wrong with what they are doing. Helena says that she raised her to be a lady and not to run off with some riff-raff. Adrianna says Hector is intelligent, honorable, and hard-working. Helena scoffs at this and says that if he was so honorable, he would not treat a lady like her in such a manner. Adrianna says he loves her and treats her with respect. Adrianna leaves before Helena ruins her mood further. Helena's dislike for Hector grows deeper.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47.1K 1.9K 46
Magic is in Storybrooke. Memories have returned. Families reunited. Curse is broken. As the curse is broken, Elias and Emma finally meet their parent...
30.5K 549 26
(Warning! There are a few bad words in this story but I will not put any kind of dirty scenes for this is a child show. All Characters and songs belo...
9.3K 307 45
The hearing of her husband's cheating sends Abella Ferrari into a state of destitution. Anger and shock cover her into a thick blanket causing her de...
97.5K 2.2K 30
✓ COMPLETED ✓ Started: 20th NOV 2020 Finished: 13th DEC 2020 EDITING! After the love of her life leaves her for good, Carlota Santiago has to strugg...