Blood and Wine

By SithSorceress

Jaskier wakes up from a heavily induced coma, only to wake up to the scents of lavender and chamomile. No lon... More

Ch.1 Coma
𝗖𝗵.𝟮 Yennefer
𝗖𝗵.𝟯 Geralt
𝗖𝗵.𝟰 Incubus
𝗖𝗵.𝟱 Old Tale
𝗖𝗵.6 Choice
Ch.8 Beast
Ch.9 Portrait
Ch.10 Time
Ch.11 Winter
Ch.12 Red
Ch.13 Book
Ch.14 Blood
Ch.15 Bard

Ch.7 Darkness

398 14 0
By SithSorceress

Jaskier was walking through the woods. The sky was completely dark, almost completely engulfed by darkness, he shivered in the cold night air. Geralt's cloak covered him fully from the cold. He wasn't particularly enjoying the weather but he knew it was better than losing his memory of the past few decades.

He managed to pack his things and leave once everyone had gone off to bed, the only things he left behind was his lute, he even managed to say goodbye to Roach. He was planning on heading south.

Jaskier sighed, looking around helplessly, the moonlight illuminating the path in front of him. "..Come on...it's not that far...I can walk it...." He mumbles softly under his breath as he picked up his pace, he could walk down a mountain all the way to caingorn so what's the difference here.

~~~~
Geralt woke up to a knock on his door, he rubbed his eyes blearily and opened them. by the strong smell of perfume he already knew who it was. The Witcher grumbled, rubbing the sleep from his eyes. getting out of bed to open the door. "Jaskier's gone." Yennefer states as soon as he opens the door to see her face.

"He left his lute, I can no longer trace him." She continued, "He'll die out there if we don't find him." She said urgently. "I have searched every nook of this forsaken place, every crevice, every cave. But I cannot find him." She exclaimed.

The Witcher sighed before turning around, "He couldn't have gone far." He answered nonchalantly, he can't allow his thoughts to go down those paths, they will lead to the same conclusion as Yennefer's. He wouldn't lose him again, he won't let him suffer or die in any way because of him.

"We should head to the closest village, I'll portal us there." Yennefer suggested.

"No. I'll take Roach I'm sure Jask has left behind something down his path." Geralt stated, already heading for his room to get properly dressed.

Yennefer sighed frustratedly, "Fine. If your sure, I do hope he hasn't frozen to death." She added.

Geralt doesn't respond to her statement he has a gut feeling the bard is fine, he manages to survive so many times. "I'll go talk with Cirilla. tell Vesemir everything." He said.

~~~~
"Why can't I go with you." Ciri protested, she looked between the two men, crossing her arms. "..It's dangerous and you still need to train." Cirilla huffed.

"I've trained enough and Vesemir will have me read every single book about bestiary which I know much about.." Ciri complained.

"Good, we'll do potions now." Vesemir interrupted her. "The more you learn the stronger you are."

Ciri groans, "Fine.." She says in defeat.

Vesemir turns back to face Geralt, "She has been improving immensely."

Geralt nods slowly, "You're doing well.." He agrees with a smile, pride radiating off of him. Geralt could feel himself relax every since Ciri has joined him, it gave him a reason to live.

He climbs onto Roach and gently guides her towards the direction he hoped Jaskier had taken.

When he found his way down the mountain and reaching the nearest town it was raining and snowing heavily, Geralt carefully steered Roach to avoid the muddy puddles making it's way around the road leading towards the village.

He knows he should've taken the offer Yennefer had given him but he just couldn't fully trust her after what she's done at least not yet. He needed time to process everything that had happened and figure out where he stood with her.

Yennefer on the other hand was already at the village it was some time later when she spotted Roach and Geralt, she decided to make her way over quickly, using her chaos to dry herself off.

"Well it's taken you long enough." she greeted as she approached them. "Rough path." Geralt grunted simply in response, dismounting from Roach to let her rest before following Yennefer back towards the inn.

They walked for awhile in silence neither speaking a word until finally Yennefer speaks up hesitantly, "Did you manage to find anything about the bard?"

Geralt glances at Yennefer briefly before shaking his head. "Nothing I didn't expect..."

"..What does that mean?"

"That Jaskier probably made it on his own. He always did." Geralt replied simply.

Yennefer stops in her tracks before frowning, "You don't sound so convinced.." she says.

Geralt shakes his head again, "Jaskier has never been one for hiding his trail, ever..." Geralt sighs deeply. "..And besides Jaskier can be reckless sometimes we should have been found him by now, I think being a rare incubus has given him strong capabilities." Geralt stated.

Yennefer hummed, "If your right then it might be difficult to find him in this weather." She commented.

They arrive at the room they've paid for shortly after, taking off their wet cloaks Yennefer tosses hers into a corner to dry. Geralt was currently sitting on the bed watching her pull out the small bag of herbs and ingredients she'd brought with her from the portal, opening each bottle and setting aside the contents in a separate bowl. Geralt didn't comment on her actions, it had become a habit for him.

"What are you doing?" He asked curiously, his eyes never leaving the witch's figure.

"Making this will allow me to see through Jaskier's vision, it's an old simple spell." Yennefer explains shortly. "I'll be able to see enough of his surroundings and communicate with him from the mind..don't worry this doesn't harm your bard..." She starts.

Geralt frowns slightly in confusion before letting out a deep sigh. Once the potion was finished Yennefer set up a circle on the ground, starting to chant in her elven language. She kept glancing at Geralt for a while, "This works on Witchers too." Yennefer explains.

A warm wind started blowing, circling around them and surrounding the two of them as well. It seemed like it was going to last for a while.

"The spells complete, now we wait." She muttered quietly, moving around to put away all of her equipment and potions.

Geralt kneels down inside the circle closing his eyes as if he was meditating, he focused on breathing slowly. It felt like a few minutes but eventually he felt something strange begin to happen, and before he knew it he sees it.

he sees him..
~~~~
Jaskier was sitting under an old tree, his boots covered in mud as he looked at the horizon. His heart ached as if he had his heart broken for the millionth time he thought about how much everything reminded him of Geralt, and how he was possibly gone forever.

Or so he thought..

It seemed like the more further he was moving from the Witcher the more lost and angry he became. Jaskier had tried hard to stop thinking about Geralt, but every time he closed his eyes he saw him, smiling softly at him. Jaskier felt his eyes filling up with tears.

A tear rolled down his cheek as he heard the distant crunch of snow and dirt behind him. His head snapped up. but it was just a wild deer running past him and away from him. Jaskier wiped his cheek furiously with the back of his hand, getting angry now, he got up suddenly, walking ahead. As he continued his path south.

His heart started pounding against his chest faster than ever as the sun began to set, casting light all over the sky and trees. Jaskier kept marching onward without stopping as rain pelts his clothes mercilessly, his hood was pushed up and covering his face. The bard could barely notice it anymore.

When he went to adjust the hood he noticed the smell of Geralt's scent surrounding him. It was so familiar but so new all at once; it smelled like cedarwood and a light scent of chamomile. The wind started blowing strongly, making Jaskiers hair blow wildly across his face, he was drenched from head to toe.

But the smell wasn't the only thing..

He could also hear the sound of Yennefer's voice whispering something that he couldn't really hear.

"...Jaskier can you hear me?" Yennefer's voice came into his consciousness.

"..Yen?" Jaskier questioned aloud, he sounded breathless. He was so confused, he didn't understand what was happening. "Where are you... how'd you find me?" he questions anxiously.

"Is.. Geralt with you?" Jaskier adds, his voice sounding more urgent. Yennefer was silent for a moment, she must've noticed how desperate he sounded and was concerned for him.

"Yes, he is..." Yennefer answers softly. "Where are you Jaskier?" she asks in return. "In the woods..." Jaskier murmurs not exactly telling her which woods. The wind picked up causing him to stumble slightly. He was getting scared, there were things lurking in the shadows, he could hear them.

Jaskier started to move away from whatever was calling, it was the beginning of spring and the monsters Geralt had spoken about were unfrozen and ready to attack anything in their paths.

Jaskier stumbled forward, almost falling into a large ditch. Before he knew it he fell straight into a bush and collapsed. His eyes fluttered open, looking around he could only see a few blurry shapes. What was left of the moonlight was shining above him creating shadows all around him.

With a groan he struggled to get up. He took a few steps only to be stopped by a sharp pain stabbing at his side. "Fuck.." Jaskier swore clutching at his side.

"..Yennefer?" His voice echoed strangely, he could clearly hear himself speaking but his words were distorted, almost as though he was underwater. His ears hurt and he started to feel dizzy, looking forward he noticed mist shadows staring right back at him.

"Yennefer!" he called out again louder this time, still not being able to fully see. "Geralt..." he paused, realizing how close he was standing to the mist, he took a step back and the mist enveloped him, engulfing him completely. He fell to the ground, his eyes rolling back into his head as a loud roar rang throughout the forest.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

103K 3K 41
❝I have something to lose. My heart. It would be very hard to put it back together if it would be broken by you.❞ ❝I would never hurt you.❞ When Visn...
51.1K 1.3K 26
A witcher comes across a slave in a barn next to the inn he is staying in when he is going to on a monster hunt. Jaskier is immediately in love with...
213K 3.4K 21
The Witcher Imagines we have all been waiting for. ☞ Geralt of Rivia ☞ Yennefer of Vengerberg ☞ Jaskier ☞ Cahir ☞ Ciri (only non-romantic) ☞ Dara...
163 2 2
Count Julian Pankratz, a chronically ill man who has more love than he knows what to do with with his short life. That was until he met his new nurse...