Rishton Ka Manjha - MaAn

By PranjaulJhaveri

Anupama is devasted by the betrayal of Vanraj and Kavya. She picks up herself again for her kids and her fami... More

| 𝙄𝙣𝙩𝙧𝙤𝙙𝙪𝙘𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣|
𝙄| 𝘽𝙚𝙩𝙧𝙖𝙮𝙖𝙡|
𝙄𝙄 |𝘽𝙧𝙤𝙠𝙚𝙣|
𝙄𝙄𝙄 |𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙤𝙨|
𝙄𝙑 |𝙎𝙘𝙖𝙧𝙨|
𝙑 |𝘾𝙧𝙤𝙨𝙨𝙧𝙤𝙖𝙙𝙨|
𝙑𝙄 |𝙈𝙞𝙧𝙧𝙤𝙧 𝙤𝙛 𝙏𝙧𝙪𝙩𝙝 |
𝙑𝙄𝙄 |𝘼𝙛𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙢𝙖𝙩𝙝 |
𝙑𝙄𝙄𝙄 | 𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙁𝙞𝙧𝙨𝙩 𝙎𝙩𝙚𝙥|
𝙄𝙓 | 𝙇𝙚𝙖𝙥 𝙤𝙛 𝙁𝙖𝙞𝙩𝙝 |
𝙓 | 𝙃𝙤𝙢𝙚𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙞𝙣𝙜|
𝙓𝙄 |𝙀𝙥𝙞𝙘 𝙍𝙚𝙪𝙣𝙞𝙤𝙣|
𝙓𝙄𝙄𝙄 | 𝙎𝙖𝙫𝙞𝙤𝙪𝙧|
𝙓𝙄𝙑 |𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙈𝙚𝙚𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙜|
𝙓𝙑|𝙏𝙚𝙩𝙚- 𝘼-𝙏𝙚𝙩𝙚 |
𝙓𝙑𝙄 | 𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝘿𝙞𝙣𝙣𝙚𝙧|
𝙓𝙑𝙄𝙄 | 𝘼 𝙁𝙖𝙢𝙞𝙡𝙮 𝙍𝙚𝙪𝙣𝙞𝙤𝙣 |
𝙓𝙑𝙄𝙄𝙄 | 𝘿𝙖𝙣𝙘𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙤𝙪𝙜𝙝 𝙋𝙖𝙞𝙣 |
𝙓𝙄𝙓 | 𝙁𝙪𝙨𝙞𝙤𝙣|
𝙓𝙓 | 𝙋𝙖𝙧𝙩𝙣𝙚𝙧𝙨|
𝙓𝙓𝙄 | 𝘼𝙪𝙨𝙥𝙞𝙘𝙞𝙤𝙪𝙨 𝘽𝙚𝙜𝙞𝙣𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙜 |

𝙓𝙄𝙄 |𝙁𝙚𝙨𝙩𝙞𝙫𝙞𝙩𝙞𝙚𝙨 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝘽𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙝𝙙𝙖𝙮 |

874 70 54
By PranjaulJhaveri

Thaltej, Ahmedabad

Anuj returned home grinning like a Cheshire Cat. He was feeling a myriad of emotions. They were so close yet so far. He saw his Anu, his Anupama after ages. She looked so resplendent yet there was a peculiar pain in her eyes. He sat down on the sofa and closed his eyes with a smile that was lingering. GK smiled as he was seeing Anuj genuinely happy after ages. There were rare instances when Anuj's smile would truly reach his face. He caressed his hair lovingly. "Are you thinking about her?" asked GK. Anuj fished out his phone and forwarded it to GK who looked at the photographs and the video. He was stunned as he took a look at Anupama, the girl who had ruled and continues to rule his son's heart all these years. There was a certain kind of poise and grace that she possessed.

"It was hard for me to believe that I was dancing with her and that too after ages." spoke up Anuj as he removed his coat and walked towards his room to freshen up. There was a hope that had been rekindled in the old father's heart. GK looked at Kanhaji and muttered "Dhyaan Rakhjo" as this was indicating a divine play. He made his way to the kitchen to prepare some warm milk along with Anuj's medicines. He sighed as Anuj could be careless at times. The silence indicated a headache. Anuj had changed into his night suit. He walked up to the cabinet in his room whose rollers had been jammed. A convenient lie that he had muttered all these years. He had abstained himself all these years but today he felt overpowered by strong emotions and removed a red leather diary that had a golden foiled peacock feather. He opened the page where the laminated rose had been placed as a bookmark. The diary had more blank pages as the entries covered twenty pages. He remembered the incidents crystal clear as if they had happened yesterday. He looked at it blankly. Anuj had left hope long back and would continue to do the same.

Anuj sighed as he shook his head to clear away his thoughts. He closed his diary and kept it back. This was something unacceptable yet he found himself swaying off track. His thoughts went to Anupama. He had questions as to her past yet the right was missing. Though the inhibitions were eased out something was missing. He had a lot to say as a friend yet felt himself out of words. The pain in her eyes bothered him yet the distance between the hearts stopped him. The hesitance was still there. She was still the same yet so much was different. The thought of the Shah Couple made him remember something that was purely business. He decided to ask out Devika and Vikram the next day. Anuj removed his mother's shawl from the bottom shelf of the sliding closet and called out to GK, who entered the room with things that were Anuj's bedtime routine. Anuj gulped down the medicines with a warm cup of milk and held onto GK. Soon both the father and son duo were fast asleep.

Sindhu Bhavan Road, Ahmedabad

Anupama's Ashiyana

Anupama entered the house only to find Samar wide awake awaiting her. She looked at him in disbelief as it was too late. It was a routine that they had developed post-divorce. They would talk about their day before bedtime. Sometimes as friends and sometimes as mother and son. "Mummy, you freshen up. I'll get us some tea." Anupama was baffled as ever since he started staying with her, he had shown an interest in cooking and the first thing that he had learned was tea. Though she could sense that he was disturbed yet was putting up a brave face. Nevertheless, she knew her way with words and so soon she would know the issue bothering her Bakhuda.

The mother and son due settled themselves on the sofa as soon as Anupama freshened up. There was a different kind of glow on her face and a curve that had been there for a long time to which Samar smiled. He took her hands into his and spoke, "Mummy, looks like the party was truly enjoyable for you." Anupama nodded her head in agreement as she took her phone out and showed him the pictures. The moments and love that were photographed. She went ahead to narrate the tales of her college and the characteristics that her batchmates had. The sparkle in her eyes made Samar ecstatic. "Wow, Such a graceful dance." exclaimed Samar as he saw the video of Anuj and Anupama dancing. "Who is he?" asked Sam. "Wait, Wait is he AK, as in Anuj Kapadia, one of the richest business tycoons? He was your classmate?" Samar finished his questionnaire, and he widened his eyes in recognition. Anupama stiffened at the question yet answered, "Fantastic Four, We were a group in college. Me, Devika, Vikram, and Anuj." Anupama took a sip of her tea and further continued, "We used to bunk classes and used to hang out together in college. We had a different yet fixed menu at the cafe nearby the college. I used to order Maska Bun and Chai, Vikram his Paneer roll, Devika her juice and Cheese Chilly Garlic Sandwich, and Anuj, his coffee and tea cake. Those were the golden days. Devika and I were pranking partners, whereas with Vikram and Anuj it has always been a certain kind of protection. Devika and Vikram did come around as I had abandoned all my relationships after my marriage with your father. But Anuj.." and she trailed off. Samar could sense her apprehensions as there was more to the story, so he decided to let it slide for now. He realized that this was his Rockstar that had been hidden all these years. He squeezed her hands and spoke, "Give it some time." Anupama smiled for Samar is the most sensible person.

"Bakhuda, what has happened? How did your date go?" inquired Anupama. Samar looked away when Anupama brought his face towards her and cupped it lovingly. Samar sighed and spoke about Rohan who was Nandini's ex. He further narrated the events which eventually led to him slapping up Rohan as he was hurting Nandini. "You acted out of fear, Samar. Remember, Bakhuda, trust is essential in any relationship. You need to have faith in your relationship with Nandini. You need to sort this out calmly rather than acting impulsive and out of anger, Samar. Have a conversation with Nandini tomorrow. First things first." said Anupama as she analyzed the situation. "Let's sleep. Tomorrow is a festival. It is Janmashtami tomorrow. My first festival in this house. We need to get things done and for that we need rest." said Anupama with a finality in her voice, as she took away the cups to be kept in the kitchen. "Arre Ha, I am so excited" replied Samar as he helped in keeping the washed cups back in the crockery closet. Anupama noticed that Samar was having a hard time falling asleep and so she cuddled him and sang a lullaby. Soon he was fast asleep. Anupama's thoughts went to Anuj. He was still the same yet so much had changed. The inhibitions had been shed off yet there was reluctance and hesitation. The guilt of abandonment stopped her. She slept there with her head on the bed rest whereas Samar's head rested on her lap.

Thaltej, Ahmedabad

Anuj woke up earlier than usual. A routine that he had on his birthday. It brought up those memories which refused to leave his mind. He sighed and took a look at the photo frame on the bedside. The Kapadia's, Anand, and Gayatri Kapadia seating on the elegant white sofas with Anuj and Malvika back hugging them with GK who was standing beside them. He missed his family which had been torn apart by the catastrophe. A tear rolled down his eye. He freshened up and wore black sweatpants paired with a blue round neck full sleeve T-shirt with sleeves that were rolled up. Anuj walked into the room that he had specifically designed for his parents and knelt down before the large frame which was leaning on the wooden panel. A mark of respect and gratitude. He was seeking blessings from his parents. He sat there in the room soaking in all the warmth and love when GK entered the room with a box in his hand. He wished him and offered him a silver coin like every year. Anuj bent down and took his blessings. GK blessed him and left the room knowing that Anuj would be by himself.

The aroma of coffee infused with the fresh air gave him tranquility before he got started with the day. Anuj was going through the files when his phone vibrated. It was Saveer who had video-called him. "Happiest Birthday Greetings Dad.", wished Saveer whereas Anuj was taken aback by his unkempt appearance. Apparently, Saveer had just woken up due to the alarm he had kept. The time difference. Anuj smiled, and replied, "Thank you." He gave a flying kiss which was captured by Veer. "Looks like you have just woken up, Veer." Saveer spoke up, "Uhh, Dad I slept late due to work and where is GK?". Anuj knew his boy was up to something so he asked in a stern voice, "What's going on? Are you hiding something, Saveer?" The tone alarmed Veer yet he nodded his head sideways. "It's just that since I slept late and that too in an awkward position so my back is stiff." Anuj was unconvinced yet said, "Please take care, Veer. Apply the spray which is there in the first drawer of the right shelf." Veer gave him a flashing smile as Anuj handed over the phone to GK.

The two kids were talking as if there was no one around. Saveer sighed though he did have a stiff back, he also had an injured hand which had been concealed skillfully, and also refrained from spilling the beans that the tickets had been booked. Soon he was going to surprise his father. Anuj looked at them and walked to his room to get ready for the veneration which still had time. He wore an off-white bandhgala kurta paired with a white churidar. The chaos left Anuj amused as well as annoyed. It was GK who was hovering around the servants to get the decor of the temple perfect apart from Vikram who was offering a helping hand. It was a festival and his birthday as well. A lowkey celebration. The servants were later given sweet boxes by Anuj as they left the penthouse as a gesture of bonus. The decor was simple yet elegant.

"Vikram, the upscaled garage turned into a cafe belongs to Mr. and Mrs. Shah, right?" inquired Anuj as he hugged Vikram who nodded his head in agreement. That's when Anuj recalled the legal team and core teams' issue in the purchase of a such property. The experience with Vikram made Anuj weary of the Shah Couple and so decided to think about this later as it was time to go to the temple and then to the orphanage. It was his ritual. A way of staying connected to the roots. The children truly had his heart. The ride to the temple was a laugh riot as Vikram and GK bonded over the old memories. They cracked jokes and caught up on life when Vikram abruptly spoke up, "I miss them today more. I miss her as well yaar. She is Ruhaanika's replica." That was answered by silence as Anuj inhaled a deep breath as he knew the memories that Vikram had made with his parents. Anuj missed Samaira, Vikram's daughter with whom he shared a close relationship. She reminded him of Malvika and had relieved her childhood through Samaira.

Sindhu Bhavan Road, Ahmedabad

Anupama's Ashiyana

Anupama woke up with a stiff back and the clattering of utensils. She hurried to the source of the noise and was baffled to find Devika and Samar quarreling over something. "Stop, What are you guys arguing over?" interrupted Anupama. Both of them exchanged looks and Samar answered, "The decoration, Mummy." Anupama looked around and found the chai was ready and the decorations were perfect. She looked on puzzled as she took a sip of her tea and inquired "What's the issue? The decor seems perfect to me." Devika replied, "The color combination, yaar." Anupama sighed as this was a never-ending debate. "Devika, it is perfect and is in sync with the interiors of the house. This is my taste and liking." finished Anu with finality. Samar spoke up, "I'll go and have a talk with Nandini and also invite her." Anupama looked at his retreating figure. He was silent and tormented. The cold war was still on between him and Nandini. She looked at Kanhaji's idol and muttered "Dhyaan Rakhjo". Devika walked to her and gave her a squeezing hug and asked Anu, "He'll be fine. Did you call up Vikram?" Anupama nodded her head in agreement as she went ahead with the items to be prepared as a bhog or offering to the revered one when her phone rang. "Devika, have you kept all the necessary items ready at your house as well?" asked Anupama before she could answer the call. Devika saw the caller ID and scrunched her nose. "Jai Shri Krishna Bapuji" answered Anupama. After a pause of a few seconds as she heard the other side, Anupama replied, "I am sorry, Bapuji, but I have my friends coming over. If you want you can come along with Kinjal as she said she would visit me." and after a few moments, the call was hung up.

"Anu, Yaar. It is okay. I have done that. I have brought the plate here as I want to celebrate this festival with you." Devika replied knowingly as she knew her best friend's habits. Anu sighed. She knew the turmoil in Devu's life and so she spoke up in a serious tone, "Devika, I want you to consider this. You are family. So I suggest that you call him back and shift here with us as I know how careless you could be at times like that day you turned up without eating breakfast. Please do think about it." Anu left giving her space to ponder over the suggestion as she badly needed a rest after cooking for nearly two hours. Anupama dosed off as soon as she hit the bed after making sure that an alarm was set.

Anupama hit the off button as soon as the alarm rang. She felt fresh and rejuvenated. She stretched out herself and walked up to the cupboard wondering what to wear. She was rummaging through the closet when her eyes fell on the full sleeve black blouse along with the velvet dark green saree with a shimmery border. A saree that was special to her but she never got an occasion to wear it. She wore it and kept her hair open. Minimal makeup and oh so gorgeous she looked. Devika was already ready and Vikram had arrived but Samar was nowhere to be seen. It sent her heart racing when the bell rang. It was Nandini who looked pale and worried as she entered the house for the veneration. Anupama rushed to Nandini and gave her a comforting hug. She coaxed her to open up about the meeting. The matter had escalated and it left everyone perplexed as Samar had gone somewhere in his anger. It had just got worse. Anupama took a deep breath and with shivering hands called up Samar and kept the phone on speaker, "Bakhuda, Come home. We'll talk about this. Today is a festival and you were so excited that this is my first festival in this new house. We are waiting for you. Please come home, boy." There was a long pause when Samar spoke up, "Mummy, I want to be alone for some time. We are definitely having a conversation over this but some other day." Vikram intervened and spoke, "You'll have your privacy boy but please reach home first." Even before Vikram, Devika, Nandini, or Anupama could voice out something there was a loud crash. It left them blank. The call was cut. Anupama sat down with a thud whereas Nandini staggered on her feet.

Thaltej, Ahmedabad

GK had left for the home straight from the temple whereas Vikram had gone to Anu's house and Anuj was here in his own world with the kids. The two hours were bliss for Anuj as he had relived his childhood with the kids. His heart was soaring in happiness. He had just stepped out of the premises when he spotted a faint figure of a boy crying. The petite figure reminded him of Saveer. He felt tugging emotions that someone was upset on the day of a festival just like he had been years back. It was Samar who walking on the road recalling Rohan's conversation and it pained his heart. He had a strong dislike for lies in a relationship and he had been disturbed by the fact that Nandini had inflicted the same pain on him. He was an emotional mess and was crying whilst talking on the phone unknown of the fact that there was a speeding truck behind him. He as well as the truck was nearing a steep curve. Anuj felt bad for him and decided to stay till the boy crossed the road when he spotted the truck nearing Samar. It was just a matter of seconds and so he rushed to Samar pulling him away from the truck. The harsh pull made both of them fall to the ground injuring their heads whereas Anuj had his hand injured as well.

The gash on his forehead was deep but still bleeding yet he somehow managed to come to consciousness. He rushed to Samar and tapped his cheeks trying to bring him to consciousness when he spotted the gash on his forehead which was bleeding. He got hold of Samar's phone and requested a person from the crowd to call his family whilst he picked up Samar with the help of other people and managed to settle him in the car. "Sahab, the phone has conked off." informed the person from the crowd. Anuj nodded in response and he drove off to his penthouse as it was nearby and the safest option at that moment but after ensuring that he had Samar's phone in his possession. Anuj informed GK briefly about the mishap and requested that he stayed upstairs only. GK in furtherance called up security via the intercom to be ready as soon as Anuj reached the parking lot. The security guard hurried to help Anuj as he entered the place.

GK had been pacing here and there since his call with Anuj. Their well-being worried him when the bell rang. He opened the door only to find the guard bringing in an unconscious Samar with Anuj in tow. He released the breath that he had been holding till now. Both of them laid Samar on the bed in the guest room and the security left giving away the privacy. "GK, I'll freshen up. You please dress up his wound.", when GK interjected, "You are also bleeding Anuj. You have injured your hand and forehead. Let me help." Anuj took the old hands into his and said, "I'll be fine GK. You please look after him." Anuj walked towards his room and freshened up as well as dressed up his wounds. He looked helpless as Samar's phone conked off. One look at his phone whose battery was dead and he muttered incoherently under his breath. There was no way he could contact Samar's family. He kept it for charging.

A few moments later when he walked into the room he saw that GK was sitting near the boy. He gestured for GK to leave. "I'll take care, Mummy. You go and get yourself some sleep." Anuj was working on his tab when he heard the faint noise. Samar was shivering. He instantly lowered the AC. He went ahead to check and found Samar's forehead burning hot. Anuj's palm felt a stinging sensation. He hurried to the kitchen and came back with a bowl of cold water. He opened a drawer and removed a few cotton strips. He kept a cold strip on Samar's forehead and went to check the phone. Luckily it was sufficiently charged. It was enough to make a phone call. He called up on the caller ID "VR" in the call logs. Anuj caressed Samar's head as he changed the strips frequently and kept paracetamol ready.

Sindhu Bhavan Road, Ahmedabad

Anupama's Ashiyana 

Anupama had been numb. Her mind was conjuring incredulous situations. Devika was consoling Namdini whereas Vikram was constantly trying to call up Samar. "Did he pick up the phone?" asked Anupama meekly after gaining her composure. "The phone is switched off. Where will we find him in such a big city? Moreover, it is raining heavily." answered Vikram rationally. "I think we should file a missing complaint." suggested Devika, when Vikram's phone rang. The ringtone made Anupama turn at him expectantly. "It's Anuj's call" spoke Vikram as a reflex. He answered it. "Vikram, I need help. I need you to find the family of this boy. I would have called his family but the phone has gone bonkers. So please come over as I am not in a state to travel. I'll see you home. It's urgent as I know that family would be fretting with panic by now. I would have even sent the photograph of the boy but he is down with fever." Vikram sighed helplessly as he was stuck in a delirious situation. Anuj had played out all the facts right before him. "I am sorry, Anu. I'll have to leave. It's an emergency. We'll file a complaint as for filing a missing complaint twenty-four hours are necessary. So we do that first thing in the morning tomorrow.", and with that Vikram rushed out.

Devika had a tough time putting Nandini to sleep whereas sleep was far away for Anupama. Kinjal who had reached there with Bapuji right a few moments later after Nandini's arrival had been trying hard to calm down a mother's racing heart. She hugged Anupama and that's it. She broke down. Samar was nowhere to be found. All of his friends had been called but the response was negative. The sudden notification ringtone made Anupama jerk up and she read the message. It was from Vikram. She read the message again. She read it again. "Samar is found. He is safe. I'll bring him home tomorrow." It truly had been the longest night of her life. She breathed a hoof of sigh when she further heard Vikram's voice note. Simultaneously Devika looked at the picture that Vikram had sent her. Destiny was doing its lesson diligently as that photo had her heart.

Thaltej, Ahmedabad

Anuj had just changed the strip when the bell rang. GK was perplexed to have a visitor at an odd hour and so opened the door. There entered Vikram. He looked visibly worn out and stressed out. The unexpected arrival was clearly an indication of an important matter however the disheveled state of Vikram had left GK astounded. He made Vikram sit on the sofa and held his hands gently. "Is something wrong Vikram?" asked GK. "Nothing, GK. It's just work woes.", answered Vikram. "Kaka, Please go to sleep. I am here to handle it. Did you have your medicines?", Vikram further asked. GK nodded his head in agreement and left for his room after assurance from him. However, before he left he dragged Vikram to the guest room who was astonished to see the petite figure sleeping on the bed and Anuj fallen fast asleep on the sofa in an uncomfortable position. Vikram's eyes went wide as saucers. "Samar" whispered Vikram. He immediately messaged Anupama and clicked a picture that spoke volumes. The picture was sent to Devika. The sight bewitched him. A father's love it was. A gift that fate gave Anuj on his special day.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.5K 583 17
Months after the sagai incident. Anubhav has returned, Haseena knows the truth about why he left and made up enough trust in her heart to trust him a...
15.4K 602 12
This is a fiction, that imagines our GauRup in a parallel-verse. To this universe Rupali Ganguly and Gaurav Khanna carry only their names and chemist...
6K 492 8
Something new and different from the original story .. This will revolve around three couple Anuseena Veyorishma And Cheetosh With some more additio...
27.5K 1.7K 31
VOTE for all chapters. Fanfiction based on Star Plus's Anupama. A world where angst between MaAn is not overstretched. Hopefully what is overstretch...