Sherry White and her seven cr...

By angel48183

Sherry White is a lover of animals, which is perfect as a veterinarian. Her brothers are not a fan of having... More

Sherry White
Retro meets modern
Something is a little off
The woodland creatures
Apple pie
The wild beasts have lost their minds
New patients
Hans to the rescue
Diego to the rescue
Rotten apple

New hire

85 16 38
By angel48183

Sherry

I put Gus in charge of my new occupants in the sanctuary. I wouldn't worry about Stan falling asleep. Steve was too busy sneezing with his allergies kicking into high gear. Brad was way too bashful. Harry would want to throw them a party. And Davis would worry about the animal's aggression.

I walked into the office to find a girl waiting for me. "Can I help you?"

The girl shoved a piece of paper in my face and flapped it at me. "I came to apply for a job. My name is Lydia."

"Okay, Lydia. You seem eager." I took the paper from her hands and read through the resume. "Have you ever worked with animals?"

"Oh, yes! I love animals."

I looked at Lydia as she smiled brightly. "Good to know since my patients are the furry kind."

"I don't understand." Lydia cocked her head and punched her brows together in confusion.

Before I could respond, the bell on the front door chimed. I glanced at Hans, who strolled around the office with his hands in his front pockets. What did he want?

******
Hans

I took a break from work and ventured around town before my feet led me to the vet clinic. I expected furry love butts to run around, but there weren't any.

Sherry cleared her throat. I stopped and twisted on my heels.

"Can I help you?" She asked.

"If you run a clinic for furry love butts, where are they?" I asked.

"I just opened. I haven't had any patients yet."

"What about advertising?"

"What?"

"You know. That thing where you post your services to people to bring their furry love butts to you."

"Do you mean posters?" A girl asked.

"Yah, that's it. Plaster those around town." I waved my hand around to emphasize an area.

"I'm the only vet in town. People would bring their animals to me, you stoner," I said.

"Fo sho." I laughed.

Sherry cleared her throat. "Did you need something?"

"Nah. I took a break from work. Thought I would mosey through town until my feet led me here."

"Why?"

"Beats me. My feet have a mind of their own." I raised a foot and wiggled my sneaker before lowering it.

"Look, I don't have time to hang out. My patients will arrive soon." Sherry looked at the girl. "Can you answer a phone and use a computer?"

"Yes!" The girl exclaimed.

"Then you're hired." Sherry walked away to her office and closed the door.

The girl walked behind the desk and pressed different keys on the keyboard with one finger. I strolled over to the counter and peered over it to see what she was doing.

"Can I help you?" The girl asked mid-stroke.

"You don't know anything about computers, do you?"

"I know enough."

I arched my brow, walked around the counter, and started typing. I used the mouse to open programs.

"How did you do that?"

"Computers are child's play. This one operates basic programs. Watch and learn, lack of skills." I showed the girl how to operate the computer, then stepped aside. "Now you try."

The girl's fingers hovered over the keyboard and started glowing. Why did Diego put in his new mixture of magical herbs?

Once her fingers touched the keys, they moved at warped speed. I blinked my eyes like a billion times. Hello, Speedy Gonzales of typing.

"Oh, that was fun," the girl squealed.

"Right on." I nodded before walking away and leaving the vet's clinic. I returned to work to find Diego bagging edibles.

"Yo, Hans. Did you enjoy your break?"

I walked around the counter and rubbed my eyes before focusing on them. "Diego, your special herb is making me see things. Did you add any special ingredients to it?"

"No way. My stuff is one hundred percent natural."

"Are you sure?"

"Hans, I run a respectable business. People come here because everything is natural."

"Well, if you say so." I shrugged.

Diego gave me a strange look before shrugging and packaging edibles. Maybe if I cut back on the special herb, my mind won't play tricks on me? Who was I kidding?

********
Sherry

I left my office to check to see if Hans was still lingering. I stopped and noticed the waiting room filled with patients but no Hans. I approached Lydia sitting behind the front desk. "Where did all these people come from?"

"Oh, they all have appointments." Lydia beamed.

"I don't remember scheduling so many people and their pets."

"Oh, you must have forgotten. Would you like to see the first patient?"

"Sure."

Lydia called a woman with a peacock. She and her pet followed me into the office so I could treat it. After the peacock was a chimp, a fish, a dog, a cat, a pony, and other animals, it was a never-ending revolving door of animal species and reptiles.

A snake was the last pet I saw. I had Lydia lock the door and turn the sign to close. She helped me clean the clinic before leaving.

I locked the front door, turned around, and crossed my arms when I saw Arthur. "Can I help you?"

"You seem so sure you will save your little zoo."

"It's not a zoo, but a sanctuary for animals. You would know this if you cared about anything other than yourself."

"What's wrong with wanting to improve the town? It would supply jobs to people."

"You want to destroy the animals' homes to build polluting structures, destroying the environment. How can you call that progress?"

"People don't care about some creature that roams freely. This is why we have exterminators. If people cared about living creatures, they wouldn't kill bugs. But they do, anyways."

"You've always been heartless, Arthur."

"You can change that if you accept my marriage proposal." Arthur smirked while I glared at him.

*******
Hans

After leaving work, I wandered around town to clear my head when I noticed a suit bothering Sherry. He looked smug while she didn't. Hmm, time to investigate.

I jived walked toward them and threw my arm around Sherry's neck. "Yo, my fairest babe in all the land! Ready to feed our bellies?"

Sherry spun me around before grabbing my shirt and crashing her lips into mine. Whoa! Her lips tasted like red delicious apples. So sweet.

I wrapped my arms around Sherry's waist, dipped her, and slipped her the tongue. She dug it. We locked lips in front of the suit. If he enjoys watching, that's on him. At least I'm getting action.

"Gawd!" The suit screeched and stomped away.

For a suit, he acted like a queen. Perhaps I should give one of Greta's happy pills when it's her monthly. It might make him happier. 

I moved Sherry upright and broke from our lip lock. Sherry stood in a daze.

I snapped my fingers before her face to break her from her confused and dazed expression. "You alright there, fairest babe?"

Sherry shook her head and blinked. "Uh, yeah."

"Right on. What's with the Mexican standoff with the suit?"

Sherry started walking as I fell in step with her. "That was my ex-boyfriend, Arthur."

"Ex? Did Arthur not blow your mind with a kiss?"

"Uh, no. But that's not why he's my ex. Arthur wanted me to choose between him and the animals."

"That scoundrel! Your ex is the douche that wants to destroy the furry love butts' home?"

Sherry sighed. "Yeah."

"We can't let that douche destroy the wilder beasts' home. Where would they go?"

"They wouldn't have a home." Sherry furrowed her brows.

"Then we must save the woodland creatures' home."

Sherry stopped and looked at me. "How?"

I pushed my lips out and pondered Sherry's question until it hit me. Then a smirk grew on my lips. "Do you like to dance?"

"Yeah. Why?" Sherry gave me a sideways glance.

"Leave it to Hans de Gee from Germanise. I have friends in high places."

Sherry arched her brow.

I started strutting down the sidewalk until I moved my shoulders and wiggled my body. Sherry watched me before joining my smooth moves. We pranced down the sidewalk.

Women and girls glanced at me. I pointed at them and winked. They swooned and had hearts floating around their heads. Whatever Diego added to the magic stick worked.

Move over, Stella. I got my groove back.

Now it was time to save the furry lives butts while turning my friends and future brother-in-law back into humans. Don't worry, woodland creatures. Help is on the way. Hans is on the case.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47.9K 2.8K 30
The Harper cousins thought they had life figured out until they became fathers to rambunctious boys. Matt, Markus, and Mason find out that fatherhood...
105K 7.2K 30
(This Book Is A Sequel and contains major spoilers from the first book- Stop! Right now! Don't even read the synopsis! Please read Book-1 before this...
1.8K 52 27
Book Two to "My ex-mate" Alexis has gone rogue?! Justin's Might have a second chance?! Sarah has a mate?! Mell has a brother?! War?! Read Book Two t...
80.2K 5K 68
Elias and Tori Harper have five precious boys. Well, I'm not sure if they're precious. Does bat shit crazy make them precious? The crazy gene deraile...