1. THIS IS ONLY THE BEGIN. ST...

By FeniceAlbatros32

Did you fall in love with Can and Sanem's fairy tale and were left with that longing to know how the story wo... More

MESSAGE FROM THE AUTHOR
1. Bodrum - Orak island
2. The idea
3. Mihriban's estate
4. Istanbul - the last boat awakening
5. Time to return
6. The homecoming of CapCan and Macho
7. Tatoo
8. The arrival
9. Home sweet home
10. In the vegetable garden
11. Sister Mihriban
12. The plan in the agency
13. First night on the mainland
14. The surprise
15. Chaos in the agency
16. They are back, baby!
17. Life Change
18. Welcome back Can & Sanem
19. Metin
20. A new chapter
21. Aunt Remide's project
22. And now?
23. Awakenings that are good for the heart
24. For every beautiful thing
25. Not a farewell, but a goodbye
26. The envelope
27. For Can & Sanem
28. The Decision
29. The signature
30. The family house
31. Signals
32. In sickness and in health
33. Life's best surprise
34. The first ultrasound scan
35. The announcement
36. Sometimes they return
37. An unexpected arrival
38. Face to face with Ayhan
39. Surprise within a surprise
40. The nursery
41. The new member of "The Sanem"
42. Dear diary...
43. -1
44. Presentations
45. The launch of the trilogy
46. Three: the perfect number
47. Return to normality
48. Ladies' night
49. Memoirs
51. And they all lived happily ever after (FINAL CHAPTER)

50. Days to remember

1.1K 58 8
By FeniceAlbatros32

 It was a quiet day at the agency. Work-wise. But there was a certain excitement in the air. Everyone was excited. It was no ordinary day. Can was going to present the exhibition of his photos taken in the most inaccessible destinations of their honeymoon tour. Places where he had never yet been. The theme of the exhibition was 'the world's most natural ecosystems'. Those least touched by the hand of man. This theme had been chosen by the association of international photographers to which he belonged. It was Metin who told him the news and together with Sanem persuaded him to participate. Can immersed himself completely in the project. The exhibition was to be held at the studio-house that had been renovated a few years ago. There Can and the family had spent wonderful Christmas and summer holidays in recent years. On that day, Sanem stayed at the estate with the children, so they could prepare for the exhibition.

The children had grown so much. They were five years old now.

Once they were ready, they got into the car. The driver took them to the agency. They got out and entered Fikri Harika, running towards Mum and Dad's office, where Can was at that moment. "Easy, children!" exclaimed Sanem.

"I can't run after you!" she exclaimed. She was wearing heels. Can heard his wife's voice and looked out. He saw his children running towards him, all dressed up, and smiling he opened the door, and lowered himself on his knees to welcome them with open arms.

"Daddy! Daddy! Daddy!" the children said, diving into his arms.

"Ah! Here they are, my little wolves!" he said, hugging them tightly, tightly.

"Show yourselves!" he said, looking at them sharply. "How elegant you are!" he exclaimed.

Meanwhile, Sanem arrived at the door. With her heels and the dress she was wearing, she couldn't do much. "Phew," she huffed looking at herself.

"I really think I have the wrong dress."

Can heard her words.

"Look dad!" said Deniz. "I put on the bandana!" he exclaimed, lifting his trousers to show his ankle.

"Ah! You look great! High five!" he exclaimed. Deniz was dressed in smartly cut black trousers and a white shirt with the sleeves rolled up. "But there's something missing. Wait." said Can. He got up and walked to the bookcase behind the desk. He opened a drawer from which he pulled out a necklace. It was a small replica of the Albatross' necklace. He put it on him. "There, now you're perfect."

"What is that, Deniz?" her mother asked him.

"It's an Albatross!" he exclaimed.

"Ah! Bravo! It's an Albatross like daddy." she pointed out.

"Yes." he replied.

"Now you are a little Albatross too." said Can. "Will you give me a kiss?" he said pointing to his cheek.

Deniz quickly indulged him.

"And here are my princesses!" exclaimed Can as he looked at Yildiz and Ates fully dressed. They were wearing little princess dresses, sleeveless and with wide skirts. Ates was red, while Yildiz was blue. Can took those little hands in his, did the hand-kissing and made them both do a pirouette to get a better look at them.

Sanem smiled, and from the door moved to sit on the sofa.

"Daddy, look, we have flowers on our heads!" exclaimed Ates.

"I see it, I see it. They're beautiful." he said.

"It's a crown!" exclaimed Yildiz.

"It's a wreath, yes. That is indeed a wreath." her father repeated.

"What flowers are those, girls?" asked Sanem.

"Daisies!" they exclaimed in unison.

"Bravo!" exclaimed Can. "And did mummy make them for you?"

"Yes. We like them very much." they said cheerfully.

"Oh, I like them very much too. Mummy is very good at making wreaths!" said Can looking at her. Then he looked at them and complimented: "You are beautiful!"

"Thank you." they said in unison. They both embraced him tenderly.

"Ah... " exclaimed Sanem out of the sweetness of the moment.

She raised her eyes to the sky and started fanning herself with her hand to suppress her tears. "I must not cry. I mustn't cry, I mustn't cry." she repeated to herself in a low voice.

Can responded to that embrace by kissing them on the cheek. They too returned the kiss.

"Deniz?" called Can. "You're the big brother, be sure to keep an eye on your sisters tonight." he said.

"Yes, Dad. I'll take care of it." he said seriously.

"Good boy. I'm counting on you." said Can getting up.

"Can, I remind you that they are twins...what big brother?" reminded him Sanem.

"I know, love, but Deniz was born first..." her husband reminded her.

"But we're talking about such a trifling difference in time... that..." said Sanem, leaving the sentence hanging.

"It doesn't matter, he still remains the elder brother." concluded Can smiling.

"OK." he replied surrendering with a smile. For Sanem it didn't matter which of the three was born a few minutes earlier or a few minutes later. They were twins and that was that, but Can in circumstances like this cared to remember that, especially when the first one to be born was also the only boy of the three.

"And now to the most beautiful princess in the world. To the mother of all princesses." Can said, joining Sanem on the sofa. He held out his hand to her, which she accepted and stood up. "Did you think I didn't notice you?" he said looking into her eyes. He drew her to him, his face inches from hers. "You are beautiful. A vision!" he said, squeezing her. He kissed her on the cheek. "Hmm, do you like it?"

"To death." he replied, squaring her from head to toe.

"I don't know, now that I'm wearing it, I'm not so convinced." said Sanem giving herself a look. She wore a long, tight white dress that highlighted her shape, with a deep slit running down her left leg and sleeves falling over her shoulders. Her long, straight, neat hair was combed behind her ears. Her back was partly exposed. She wore the amber necklace in the centre of her chest.

"Why do you say that? You look perfect!" retorted Can.

"I can't walk too long. See, I can't keep up with them." said Sanem pointing at the little ones.

Can then exclaimed: "My little ones, you will be good tonight, won't you?"

"Yes, daddy." they replied.

"See? And then our parents will be there to help us, they will never be alone." he reassured her.

"I'll need help too, by the way." she said, pointing to the dress.

"Ah! For that matter, I am your knight. It will be an honour! Nothing will happen to you." he warned her.

"Can, but you have to entertain the guests, you have to be centre stage, you can't stand behind me." said Sanem. "No, I... I'm going to look for another dress at the costume department." she said decisively.

"No!" held her back Can. "Impossible! I cannot allow you to change this dress. It would be a disgrace to humanity!" he exclaimed. Then added: "Besides, do you really think I want to be the centre of attention alone?" he asked, stroking her face.

"Perhaps, you have not understood, my dear little wife, but you too will be by my side throughout the evening. I won't be accompanying you, you will be accompanying me. I need it." he said inhaling the delicious perfume coming from the crook of her neck.

"So, I will be your official escort tonight, is that it?" she asked.

"Correct. Any objections?" he retorted.

"No, none." she whispered.

"Mr Can?" called Cey Cey as he entered without knocking hand in hand with Ayhan. "The company car... Ah!" he exclaimed in embarrassment.

"Shh!" exclaimed Ayhan. "Sorry, we entered without knocking." she replied.

"Ah! Sanem you are an angel!" exclaimed Cey Cey.

"Ah, wow, indeed, sister. You are breathtaking!" exclaimed Ayhan, her mouth hanging open.

"And you? Ohh, how beautiful you are!" said Ayhan as she approached the children.

She was also very well dressed. She was wearing an elegant black dress, and Cey Cey had matched her. She wore a tailored suit, created with his own hands, the jacket was the highlight. It was damask on a white background.

"Ha ah! Cey Cey, Ayhan how handsome you are!" complimented Sanem.

"Thank you Sanem!" said Cey Cey proudly.

"Thank you sister." said Ayhan blowing her a kiss.

"And... you were saying Cey Cey?" asked Can.

"The company car for us is ready. If there's nothing else, I'll see you at the exhibition." he said.

"No, you can go Cey Cey. We are coming now too!" he exclaimed.

"What, Mr Can? Like this?" Cey Cey asked, pointing at him.

Can was dressed in his usual office casual look.

"Haven't you changed yet Can?" asked Ayhan.

"I'm going now. I've been distracted." he said pointing at Sanem.

"Ah! I see." exclaimed Cey Cey.

"Logical." commented Ayhan.

"Well, I'll see you there. Bye bye." she hastened to say dragging her husband with her.

"Bye bye." greeted them Can.

Cey Cey and Ayhan walked out.

"Where were we?" asked Can approaching his wife again.

"Can! Come on, go and change or we'll be late." Sanem urged him.

"OK, I'm going. In three seconds I'll be back here. You're distracting me!" Can exclaimed entranced by his wife's bright red lipstick as he left the office. He headed to the costume department where he had his dress ready. He changed, and as he had said, he was back in no time. Sanem waited for him in the office. When she saw him enter in his dinner jacket, her heart began to beat wildly. She began to see him in slow motion. As always. He came towards her, fiddling with the moonstones in his hands. He walked into the office with that confident walk of his, did a turn, and said: "So what do you say, am I OK?"

Sanem, who was recoiling impressed by such beauty, did not realise she was behind the desk and almost tipped over it. "Ah!" she exclaimed. She recovered on the fly thanks to Can who, with a snap, grabbed and saving her.

"Ah, thank you." she told.

"Is that the effect I have?" he asked her with a sly grin.

"Rogue!" she exclaimed, patting the arm holding her up.

"Some things will never change." she replied.

"Never!" he admitted.

"Come on, let's go." he said kissing her hand.

"Anyway, to answer your question: you look really, really, really good!" exclaimed Sanem imitating him.

"Mh, I know that phrase..." he said.

"Beautiful as hell!" exclaimed Sanem.

"Let's go children." said Can. "Deniz?"

Deniz already knew what to do. He took the two sisters by the hand and headed out of the office. Can and Sanem intertwined their hands and followed them.

"My little man!" exclaimed Sanem as he looked at Deniz.

"Well, being a gentleman got him from daddy." Can exclaimed proudly.

"I can't blame you." she admitted.

They arrived at the car. Deniz helped her sisters get in. Can checked them in and helped his wife get in.

They set off.

Once there, they stepped onto the red carpet, which led from the gate to the huge terrace decorated for the occasion. There the photographers were shooting for the newspapers. The house was unrecognisable. It looked like another place. It had been decorated with flowers and lights, which made it look magical. As soon as they arrived, they were greeted by a roar of applause. For everyone present, it was great to see such a beautiful couple advancing with their children. Can was so proud of his family. As soon as they arrived, Sanem greeted his parents and asked them to take a look at the little ones. After that, she followed Can every step of the way as if he were her shadow. Her husband introduced her to fellow photographers with whom he used to meet for football matches. He introduced her to the president of the photography association and many other important people. He never let go of her hand. At least not until the opening speech introducing the exhibition. Sanem took his reserved seat. A central, front-row seat specially left by Deren, the organiser of the event.

The speech was very beautiful. Can could charm the audience in front of him. And then the photos spoke for themselves. When it was almost over, Can did not fail to thank everyone and mention his wife. Who for a moment found herself overwhelmed with applause and everyone's attention focused on her.

At the end of the exhibition, the jury would decide which of the participating photographers would win. The announcement would be made the following day. For the time being, all that remained was to enjoy the party. The evening passed quietly. The children enjoyed themselves with their little cousin Ilker. Osman and Adile were also present at the event. The new parents had left the little one with her maternal grandparents. They had named her Nur (light). And it was indeed light that could be seen in their eyes. Among the guests at the party, no one was missing. Mrs Remide had also come. Sanem saw her talking to her children. So she approached.

"Auntie Remide! Welcome," she said to her.

"Sanem! My daughter! Thank you. How beautiful you are!" she commented.

She took a seat next to her. They were sitting at one of the guest tables.

"Thank you, you look well too. How are you? I apologise for not coming to greet you right away but.... Can held me back. He doesn't want me to leave him for a moment." she admitted.

Remide moved closer to her and whispered: "He's nervous! I recognise that attitude. When he constantly seeks contact, and the presence of someone, it is because he needs support. Even if he will never admit it." she said laughing under her moustache.

"Does he really mean it? He's always so assertive!" replied Sanem.

"I say, I say. It's appearance, child. Underneath he is very nervous. He has always done that since childhood. I know him well." he confided in her.

"And you rascals, are you behaving well with Auntie Remide?" asked them Sanem.

"Ah, yes, yes. They are behaving very well. We were talking about how elegant they are." said Remide.

"Daughter! They are really beautiful. Congratulations! You and Can have wonderful children." she complimented.

"Thank you, Auntie Remide." said Sanem gratefully.

"And they look so much like you." added the Chicken Queen.

"Deniz is all her father." said Sanem in a low voice.

"No kidding?" she replied sarcastically. "I had noticed that. He looks exactly like Can as a child." she added.

"Really Can was like him?" asked Sanem in confirmation.

"Spiky!" exclaimed Remide. "Polite, rebellious, wild, but at the same time loving and serious."

"Ah, he is very protective of me. A bit like his father. As soon as someone approaches, he immediately goes on the alert." she confided her.

"Ah, you have two golden men in your family, my daughter. Don't complain." Remide told her, laying a hand on hers.

Sanem laughed, and along with her observed the girls. "Ates is your copy." Remide commented.

Sanem looked at her, lowering her head in assent.

"My mother says so too." Sanem confessed to her.

"And do you mind?" she asked curiously.

"No! No, not at all. Well, it's just that now I understand what it means to look after a child like me." she admitted.

"Ah, child, only when you become a parent do you understand what ours went through!" exclaimed Remide.

"Yildiz, on the other hand, is very calm in character. Perhaps she is the calmest of all. She hardly ever feels compared to her siblings. But when she speaks, she is very wise for her age," Sanem explained to her.

"She is very mature, yes." confirmed Remide.

"She's a good mix of the two of you." he added.

"Everyone says that, even though in the family they see a bit of my sister and Emre's cold temperament in us." he confided in her.

"Nah! I don't think so. You'll see, when she grows up, you'll prove me right. He is a good mix of the two of you. She has taken different aspects from both of you, maybe not the most blatant, but it's you." he reassured her.

"Thank you." said Sanem.

"And of what, child?" she replied.

"For coming. It means a lot to us. And to Can." she added.

"What are you talking about, beautiful women?" said Can elatedly reaching for them.

"Aunt Remide, let me give you a hug! I didn't get a chance before!" he exclaimed, lowering himself towards her.

"Ah, Can, son, you were busy! Work is work!" said Remide returning the hug.

"Ah, my beautiful son!" she said, stroking his back. Can lowered himself beside her chair.

"And... what were you talking about?" he asked curiously.

"Aunt Remide and I were talking about the children." said Sanem.

"Ah, they are savages, aren't they?" exclaimed Can.

"Well, I mean, considering where they get it from, it would have been strange otherwise!" she exclaimed, winking at Sanem.

"And... what about the exhibition, do you like it?" he asked happily.

"Very much! Very much indeed, Can! Good job." he congratulated.

"Thank you Auntie." he replied gratefully.

"And congratulations. I'm glad you got this place back on its feet. How long it's been!" he commented.

"Remide!" exclaimed Aziz. "When did you arrive?"

"I have always been here. Where were you, rather?"

"I was out and about, I didn't see you." he replied, joining the group.

"Ah, did you see how beautiful my grandchildren are?" he said all happy.

"I saw them, I saw them. They are really a love. Grandpa Aziz!" teased Remide.

Aziz burst out laughing.

"This is my life now, dear Remide. And I couldn't be happier." he said.

"It shows." she commented.

The evening continued to everyone's delight. Akif also arrived to congratulate Can. He was followed by Metin, hand in hand... with Deniz.

"Deniz?!" exclaimed Sanem shocked.

Deniz was wrapped in a jaunty red dress, short and elegant. She had never seen her like this. "Is it really you?" she exclaimed.

"But you look beautiful!" she complimented.

"Um, thank you!" she replied, hugging her. Sanem whispered in her ear. "You owe me some explanations. I am waiting for the details."

Then out loud: "Deniz, come on, come with me. I want to show you something. Excuse us." said Sanem taking her by the hand. She dragged her away from Metin who was looking at her confused.

"Sorry Metin." said Sanem to her.

Obviously Muzo had not missed the scene. He had seen Deniz arrive with Metin despite being on the other side of the party. He was at a table with Cey Cey, Ayhan, Bulut and Deren. They too noticed the scene and as soon as they saw Muzo slamming his glass down on the table they tried to calm him down. He was dead drunk. Deren nodded to Ayhan and together they ran towards Sanem and Deniz whom they saw moving through the crowd, leaving Bulut and Cey Cey to deal with him. They followed them. Sanem entered the house and climbed the stairs. He reached the upper floor, entering the children's room. There they could talk quietly. That wing of the house was not accessible to anyone. Two seconds later, Deren and Ayhan also entered.

"What's going on?" asked Sanem.

"We saw." said Ayhan.

"And we ran right away." concluded Deren.

"Well, now that we are full, tell us. What are you up to, Deniz?" asked her seriously.

"I don't understand." she replied.

"You don't understand..." commented Deren as she rolled her eyes.

"She don't understand..." commented Deren as she rolled her eyes."Metin... Does that mean anything to you?" asked Sanem, running out of patience.

"Are you together?" asked Ayhan straightforwardly.

"You walked in hand in hand! Everyone saw you!" commented Sanem.

"Yes, we are together. Metin has come out. He said he likes me. And we are dating. What's wrong with that?" she said in a firm, harsh tone.

"He came out? When did he come out? How did he come out? Speak up." said Ayhan curiously.

"Yes, that's right, you all know that after the end with Muzo, I started therapy with him, right?" began Deniz.

"Yes, we know." they all said in chorus.

"Well, through those sessions, I got to know a completely different person than he appears to be." Deniz continued.

"I can't believe it. You fell in love with one of your patients, is that what you are saying Deniz?" asked Deren. "What about ethics?"

"I don't think we should talk about ethics. Otherwise we would all be compromised. We each hang out or live with people from the same work environment. Let's not get into that." Sanem replied decisively. "And anyway, that's not the point. The point is: do you like Metin or are you just doing this to make Muzo jealous?" she asked her straightforwardly.

"Exactly! Well said, sister." said Ayhan.

As soon as she heard Muzo mentioned, Deniz snapped. "I absolutely don't care about Muzo anymore. He can do whatever he wants!" she ranted.

"Is he jealous? Is he not jealous? I don't care! Do whatever he wants! That's his business! I'm not going to stand behind people who walk all over me any more! I want a man beside me who makes me feel good, not who makes me feel at fault for something I didn't even do, just because he's in a bad mood. I'm tired, girls!" concluded her outburst Deniz.

"It's fine. It's fine. Just calm down. You are right. You too have the right to be happy." said Ayhan raising her hands in surrender.

"Yes, we are not against you, Deniz! We are on your side. We all saw how Muzo behaved. No one here is defending him! On the contrary!" said Deren.

"We just want to be sure that you are really doing what you feel. If you're not, please don't play with Metin's feelings. He's a good guy, and he doesn't deserve this." Sanem reminded her.

"I don't tease anyone at all. You should know me at least a little by now." replied Deniz almost offended. Then she took a deep breath and calmed down and explained.

"Girls, I thank you for your concern, but I am fine. For the first time in a long time, I am fine with someone. That therapy didn't just do him good. It was also good for me. As I got to know him better, I also understood and knew myself better. And the person in front of me managed to bring out that confidence in me that I hadn't seen for so long, or perhaps never had. You know? Since I've been seeing him, I feel strong, confident. And I've never felt like this." Deniz confided to them with an open heart.

"I can tell you are different." Sanem admitted. "For the better, I say." she corrected herself. "The Deniz I knew would never have dared to dress like that. And she probably wouldn't even have had the courage to confront a man publicly like you did with Muzo." she admitted.

"And she wouldn't have shown up here, hand in hand with an important man like Metin, without feeling fear or embarrassment." added Deren.

"Instead, you arrived confident. Determined, against everything and everyone. And I know what that feels like." said Sanem. "That is the courage that comes out when a woman stands next to the right person. When a woman is happy and proud to be next to the person she loves." acknowledged Sanem.

"Love makes us do things we would never think of doing," Deren agreed.

"So you understand me now?" asked Deniz.

"Of course we understand you." said Sanem.

"Excuse me... but the list of 127 criteria? Does Metin fall in that list?" asked Ayhan curiously.

"Here. As angry as I am with Muzo, I have to give him credit for one thing. 'Love has no criteria,' he told me when he discovered my list. And that's what I realised. So I burned the list. There will be no more criteria. I feel free like this." said Deniz.

"So Metin is better than any of your criteria? Is that what you are saying?" asked Sanem of her.

"Absolutely." replied Deniz. "You see him always well dressed, professional, serious, precise and dedicated to his work. And he is, but there is more to it than that."

"You can ask Can, I'm sure he'll confirm I'm right. They are lifelong friends." Deniz reminded her.

"There, there must be a reason he is Can's friend, right?" exclaimed Deren rhetorically.

"Probably, he too has a hidden side that only comes out with love. A wild side. Who knows!" commented Ayhan.

"I don't need confirmation. Just as long as you are happy." said Sanem.

"And that he doesn't hurt you." said Deren pointing a finger at him.

"Otherwise... he will deal with us." said Ayhan.

"Exactly." they all confirmed in chorus.

"Thank you girls! I love you." said Deniz, holding them in a single hug.

"We love you too." Sanem replied. Returning the hug. "So much."

"Come on now, let's get off. Otherwise our men will call us missing." he added.

Indeed, the door opened and Can entered.

"Exactly." commented Sanem.

The others laughed.

"What's going on? Why have you all gathered here? Your partners are looking for you. You've suddenly disappeared!" he warned them.

"Come on girls, we are wanted." said Ayhan.

Sanem also headed towards the door, but Can held her back.

"What's going on Sanem?" he asked her suspiciously.

"Nothing much, don't worry. I had to talk to Deniz alone. And I was also joined by Deren and Ayhan." she replied serenely.

"Did you see? Metin and Deniz arrived hand in hand...is there something I need to know?" he asked.

"But how? Didn't you talk to Metin?" she asked surprised.

"I couldn't. Aunt Remide left us no way out. Then with my father and the guests I didn't have a chance. But not seeing you come back, I realised something was wrong. And I came looking for you." he explained.

"Deniz and Metin are together. So you said." said Sanem.

"What, Metin with Deniz?!" he exclaimed surprised.

"Good morning Can Divit, where have you been living for the past few months, on Mars?!" exclaimed Sanem.

"Don't tease me." he replied defensively.

"Didn't you see how often Metin came to the agency?" his wife asked her.

"Yes, but..." he began.

"But what, Can? Did he maybe come to get us to sign new contracts? No! Not that I know of, at least. The only time he had anything to do with work was for the exhibition tonight. The rest was anything but work. Sanem told you that." she confided in his confidently.

"And what did Deniz say?" asked Can.

"Ah, though... Can Divit, you surprise me! I see you're interested!" she commented sarcastically.

"I would also like to see! Let's talk about my best friend... why wouldn't I?" he retorted seriously.

"Right. There, she's in love. They are dating. And it seems Metin has come out. That's all I found out." he admitted.

"Wow! I didn't expect that Deniz could be her type." commented Can in a low voice.

Sanem heard him.

"Right? I thought the same thing too. But Deniz says that through therapy, he got to know a completely different Metin from how we see him in the agency. You, who know him better than any of us, what do you say? Is it true that he has a hidden side? A wild side?"she asked him.

"Well, yes, Metin is not always such a composed and distinguished person as you are used to seeing him. He is also something else. But he does not show it with simplicity. That is why I am surprised. Only among close friends does he bring out his more rebellious side. We were really terrible at school. We used to run away to play basketball, make bets..." he recalled.

"One minute, one minute, one minute. So you're telling me that among that group of boys you used to bet a soda with as a kid and runaways at the basketball court was Metin? That Metin?" she asked shocked.

"Yes. There was. Maybe that's why we are very close. Akif is the wiser one. Less prone to danger. While Metin is so distinguished by choice. Between the wild side and the serious and respectable side he chose the latter. He did not follow his instincts. He followed his rational side. Partly by tradition, coming from a family of lawyers, and partly by survival instinct, let's say." he tried to explain.

"So a bit like Emre?" thought Sanem.

"In a way, we can say yes." admitted his brother.

"I mean, Emre at first was cold, serious, detached and was much more rational. Severe. Look at him now, instead!" pointed out Sanem seeing him a bit puzzled.

"Well, let's say love has changed him. A lot." pointed out Can. "It made him more human and more unpredictable."

"And do you think the same thing happened between Metin and Deniz?" asked Sanem.

"It's possible. Who knows. I haven't had a chance to talk to them." he reminded her.

"Then you should, love. I know Deniz's point of view. And I trust it. And I know Metin is a good person. But I also know what a special therapist she is, she is rejuvenating after a love disappointment that we know very well. So I need to know if he is serious about Deniz, because I couldn't bear to see her suffering again. If that happens, I'm sorry to tell you, but I won't be so tolerant with him." she warned him.

"You're exaggerating a bit, I think. Don't be so harsh." said Can.

"Can, listen, there are things that only Deniz and I know. Things we saw and experienced on our skins in a very dark time for both of us. I don't want to dredge up the past and I don't want to get into the subject, but you understand, don't you? There is a kind of bond between us. Of mutual understanding and support. So please talk to Metin." she explained to her firmly.

"OK, fine, I will." Can said, stroking her face. "It's nice that you support each other like this." he admitted.

Sanem smiled. "Girl power!" she exclaimed. "Come on, now let's go." she said.

"Hey, but Muzo? I saw movement when you disappeared." said Can.

"Movement? What do you mean?" she asked.

"Well, I saw that Bulut and Cey Cey, at one point, took him by the arm and disappeared into the crowd. I saw them disappear behind a corner of the garden. As far as I could tell, he had been drinking. He was drunk as a skunk." he warned her.

"Damn! Come on then, Can! I'm scared for what he might do to Deniz and Metin." she exclaimed worriedly, opening the door and hurrying as fast as she could to the party.

"And what do you want me to do? They did break up after all, didn't they?" asked Can following her carefully down the corridor, keeping an eye on his wife who was having difficulty walking nimbly in her dress.

"Yes, to be precise he was the one who dumped her, but Muzo hasn't been himself lately. I wouldn't want him to ruin our evening. Come on, don't make me talk any further now!" said Sanem trying to stay focused on the staircase down in front of her.

Once downstairs, they went out into the garden, where most of the guests were.

Sanem stopped: "Can, you talk to the boys. I'll talk to the girls."

"OK, fine." he replied seriously.

Before they could do anything, Ayhan joined them.

"Sanem, I would need to talk to you." he told her seriously, casting a glance at Can.

"Ayhan if it concerns Muzo and Deniz speak freely. Can knows everything." she told her looking at her husband by her side.

"Ah, ok then. Cey Cey and I are leaving. Muzo is in no condition to stay. We are taking him to his home and from there we are going home." he informed her.

"What happened?" she asked.

"Let's say he did not react well to Deniz's arrival with Metin. When he saw her return to him after we got off, he tried to join her. But he was completely drunk and was already staggering there at the table with us, so before he could do anything, Bulut and Cey Cey pulled him away and tried to calm him down, then took him to the bathroom to freshen him up and bring him to his senses. After that, considering the content, we thought it best for everyone to leave here." Ayhan explained to them.

"You have done well. OK. Tell him he can stay home tomorrow. Tell him not to come back until he gets his head on straight." said Can.

"It will be hard... but we will try to reason with him." Ayhan said.

"Again thank you for the invitation and congratulations on the exhibition and the evening Can." he added.

"Thank you Ayhan." replied Can sincerely.

"Bye sister." he greeted her.

"Bye." said Sanem absorbedly.

Osman also approached with Adile.

"Guys but what's up with Muzo?" they asked.

"Long story. Matters of the heart. Me and Cey Cey take him home before he messes something up. He's drunk." said his sister.

"What?!" exclaimed Osman.

"Yeah." she replied.

"Then wait, we're coming too." said Osman. "In fact we wanted to say bye." he added.

"Yes, Can? Sanem? Thank you very much for the invitation. It was a really nice evening. Congratulations on the exhibition." they thanked them.

"Thank you both for coming," Can and Sanem said before saying goodbye.

Slowly the evening ended and Sanem returned to her children. It was bedtime. So she joined her parents in the kitchen with them, they were dying of sleep. Mevkibe and Nihat accompanied them upstairs to their bedroom. The whole family would sleep there that night. Sanem's parents looked after their sleeping grandchildren, while she went back downstairs to her husband's side. On the stairs she met her sister. Emre was holding the sleeping Ilker in her arms. He was being carried to bed with his little cousins.

"Sanem, what happened?" her sister asked.

"Nothing, I'll tell you later. Now excuse me, but I have to join Can. Mum and Dad are already in the room with the children. Deniz, Yildiz and Ates, they are asleep. Go, they'll take care of him." he said hurriedly.

"Alright." said Leyla puzzled.

"What love, my little nephew." commented Sanem, stroking Ilker's little hand that dangled past Emre's arm before catapulting downstairs.

Back outside, she could not immediately reach her husband, because he was talking to the very person she needed to have a word with. Namely, his best friend Metin. So she did not disturb him. On the contrary, she was interrupted by Aunt Remide. She too was leaving. She had just said goodbye to Can and was only waiting for her. She was also approached by Deren and Bulut. They too were leaving.

"Deren? Bulut?" she asked.

"Yes, Sanem?" they replied.

"I have a favour to ask you." he said.

"Go ahead and ask. How can we help you?" asked Bulut.

"I have something planned for Can tomorrow. A surprise." he confided.

"You have a surprise for Can?" asked Deren curiously.

"Yes, to celebrate tonight's good night. We, and the rest of the family, will spend the night here. We will await tomorrow's result and calmly return to the estate for the weekend."

"OK." replied Deren.

"Well, they should deliver two items to our house tomorrow, OK?" he informed them.

"OK." Bulut replied.

"These items are to be placed in the new shed. Bulut, you know this. I know that Can showed you. So I am asking you for a favour. You should see to it that these objects are placed in the exact spot I will show you, OK?" she asked breathily.

"OK." said Bulut uncertainly.

"I had one of our graphic designers at the agency make a sketch. Deren, call Mete. He took care of it. Have him give you the sketch. There you will understand everything. It has to be everything like in the picture. I'm asking you please." recommended Sanem.

"OK. Don't worry we will take care of it. Won't we Bulut?" asked Deren confirmation.

"Yes, yes, of course." he said. Sanem noticed a certain uncertainty in his voice. As if it had ruined his plans. But at that moment she had more urgent things to take care of, so she did not pose the problem.

"Thank you, and if you need anything, contact me. Please, you are the only ones I can ask. If I did it on my own, Can would get suspicious." she pointed out.

"Alright, alright, don't worry. Just catch your breath." Bulut told her as he saw her gasping.

"As soon as it's done give me the OK. "she said quickly.

"Alright." replied Deren.

They said goodbye and also left the house.

The last guests also left. Metin and Deniz, too. The party workers also. And then only the family remained.

Aziz and Mihriban said goodnight to their grandchildren and took their leave in their room.

Mevkibe and Nihat too.

Only Emre and Leyla and Can and Sanem remained awake. They gathered in the living room and were brought up to date on the trinity "Muzo Deniz, and Metin."

The next morning, they took it easy. Can and Sanem had fallen asleep as soon as they touched the bed. They woke up hugging each other tightly. And they stayed like that, talking quietly about more and less. They loved to chat in bed in the morning, before the day began. That day, however, between chats they found themselves talking about children, without knowing how they had come to that topic.

"Did you ever think you would be a father of three children?" asked Sanem at one point.

"Well, until I met you, no. I didn't think I would ever start a family. I couldn't imagine myself in this capacity." Can answered truthfully.

"And instead..." commented Sanem.

"Instead, here I am. Father of three wonderful children." He replied, smiling as he stroked his wife's face.

"Are you regretful?" she asked him.

"Of what? Of having three children?" asked Can.

"Yes..." replied Sanem.

"Not at all. In fact, I will tell you more. Having them has been the greatest joy of my life, after you." he pointed out.

Sanem smiled.

"And would you see yourself as a father again?" she then asked.

Hearing the question Can froze.

"Are you pregnant?" he asked snapping on the bed, smiling with sparkling eyes.

"No, I'm not." Sanem replied, stroking his face. "But if i were... would you be happy?" she asked.

"Of course I would be happy." he immediately replied decisively.

"Well, we never touched the subject after the twins were born. I was curious," Sanem explained.

"Well, usually you and I don't make such plans. I mean, we accept what fate brings us." he reminded her.

"That's true... but, after the pregnancy I was wondering if you liked it, or if three was already enough, that is." she specified.

"No, I like kids, and I like being a dad, so if your fear is that I don't want any more, you're wrong. And I'll tell you more! If you hadn't been the one to ask the question, I probably would have let you know somehow. There, I had the same uncertainty about you, too." he admitted with some embarrassment.

"Uncertainty about me, in what sense?" she asked.

"Well, after a triplet birth like that, a difficult pregnancy and an emergency caesarean section with a slow and painful afterbirth, I assumed you didn't feel like having any more..." said Can trying to find the right words.

Then he added. "I mean, it would be completely understandable, don't get me wrong." he was careful to point out.

"What?" she exclaimed against it.

Then Can specified. "I was saying it would be completely understandable, don't get me wrong! After what you've been through.... It would be normal. That's why I never got into the subject." he said.

"So if it happens..." she left the sentence hanging.

"If it happens... I'd be jumping for joy just like I did for the first one." she ended the sentence Can quietly and smiling.

"Okay, I'm glad to hear that." she replied. "And what would you like? A boy or a girl?" she added.

"It's indifferent. I would love both. The important thing is that it is healthy, both you and he/she. But..." said Can anticipating his wife's question.

"Knowing you, you're going to ask me to have my say anyway, so I'll say I'd like another boy, just to have equality of the sexes, two boys and two girls." he pointed out.

"I totally agree." Sanem said. "You know that, don't you? That my favourite number is 4. And I like even numbers, so if the destiny will..." she hinted.

"It will be welcome." concluded Can.

Sanem nodded her head in agreement.

"And what name would you like?" she then asked him.

"I don't know, regardless, whether boy or girl, I have a few names in mind. Aygün (Moon), Doğa (Nature), Güneş (Sun)... Mh...' he thought then 'Firtina (storm)" he added, smiling at the idea.

"What names do you have in mind?" asked Can instead.

"Mh, Ayiyla (Bear), Balcan, (Balkan), Kral (king)... what do you say, do they fit? I was thinking of something like that." said Sanem jokingly.

"Come on, don't make fun of me!" he said.

"You're better with words, and with names too," Can admitted.

"I was joking, love!" Said Sanem kissing him. "Actually, you were very good, I really like the first two you said." He confessed.

"And what were they? I forgot them." asked Can dazed by the kiss.

"Ah, it's a good thing you have a wife with a photographic memory who works 24/7." she exclaimed.

"I'm lucky." admitted Can winking at him.

"Anyway they were Aygün (moon) and Doğa (Nature). I find them perfect, regardless of the sex of the child." she repeated.

"Are you serious? Or are you joking? Just in case, you'll choose it, you're better at this stuff." exclaimed Can.

"No, I swear I like them. I like them like crazy." exclaimed Sanem.

"I would never have thought of that. Besides, I chose the first three, so I think it's totally fair for you to choose the fourth." he pointed out to her.

"But in your case it was different, because I liked those names too." Can said.

"Anyway, don't get away from it, my dear hubby. This time the name is up to you." she warned him.

"Alright. I'll take care of it." said Can.

The conversation over, they went down to breakfast with the whole family. His mother had cooked for an entire army.

While they were eating, Can received the phone call they had been waiting for. Everyone listened in silence. It was not easy to grasp the outcome, Can answered in monosyllables. The tension was cut with a knife. Then he hung up.

"And?" asked Sanem immediately. He was in obvious apprehension. "Who was that?" he asked.

"Metin." he replied.

"Ah, and what did he tell you?" asked Emre.

"THAT I WON THE COMPETITION!!!" exclaimed Can raising his arms to the sky, switching from a serious look to joy made flesh.

"Ahhh! What? Really?" exclaimed Sanem getting up and running towards him to throw her arms around his neck. "I can't believe it!" she said with shining eyes. "Well, I knew you would win! I mean, who else could win otherwise? My husband is the best." she commented, kissing him on the cheek.

"Ah, what a supportive wife you have Can! You are so lucky!" exclaimed Emre jokingly, winking at his sister-in-law.

Sanem hugged her husband tightly. "I am so proud of you. You deserve it all, my love!"

"Thank you, my life." he replied, returning the kiss on the cheek.

"And? The award?" asked Leyla as her father and Sanem's parents congratulated him.

"The award consists of professional recognition as a photographer which I missed. Photographer for environmental protection, also known as Green photographer. And... a cash prize that I will donate to the Galapagos charity. Since it is thanks to them that I won." he explained.

"What, did Metin tell you that?" his brother asked.

"That's right, the jury was impressed by a part of Galapagos never captured in photos." he told them.

"Wow Can, son! Congratulations!" exclaimed Mevkibe.

"Thank you Mama Mevkibe." he said smiling.

"Ah, moreover this is one of the most important recognitions they could give me. With this I have not only regained the credibility I lost at the time, but I have gained a lot more in the eyes of everyone. Thank you Sanem." he said looking into her eyes.

"Thank you for what? I didn't do anything." she said surprised.

"And yet you did. If it wasn't for you and Metin I don't know if I would have had the courage to participate, given the past situation." she admitted.

"Then to celebrate, when we get back to the estate let's have a nice boat ride with the kids, shall we?" proposed Sanem changing the subject.

"I'm in! I'm always up for travelling." he replied.

"And... where will you go children?" asked Nihat curiously.

"I don't know, I'll think of something on the spot." said Can. "As soon as we set foot on the Phoenix and the Albatross she will be the one to show us the destination." he said.

"It would be nice to go back to the island of Orak." commented Sanem.

"The island of Orak?!" exclaimed Aziz surprised to hear her say it. "What do you mean son? You went back there?" he asked curiously.

"Yes, father, do you remember? I took Sanem there on my way back from my honeymoon." he replied.

"Ah, you wanted to take us the reason that prompted you to travel there, didn't you?" he asked with conviction.

"That's right. I brought my reason for living there." he pointed out looking at his wife.

"And now we will take our children there." said Sanem.

"It's decided!" he replied elatedly.

"Take care, my children. The babies are still small." warned them Mevkibe.

"Don't worry, Mama! Can wouldn't let them go anywhere without a little protection. Don't worry. They will be Robocoops like me!" said Sanem.

"Robocoop daughter? What are you talking about?" asked Nihat.

"Nothing, dad. Something between me and my husband. He knows." she said looking at him.

"Yes, a joke... a joke that we had a long time ago." he vaguely explained.

"Ah, I get it, sons." said Nihat letting it go.

"Well then, if we're all done here, we can go home." said Mevkibe.

"Yes, we have to go home too. Ilker must get back into your rhythm or it will be a hell of a week. One day off is more than enough." said Leyla.

"OK, see you on Monday at the agency then." said Sanem.

"We are going too." said Aziz.

"Yes. Let's go back to the estate. The vegetable garden is waiting for us." exclaimed Mihriban.

Once everyone had left, only they remained. Can said: "Shall we go too?" he asked.

"Um, let's wait a little longer. I would like to enjoy some silence on this terrace. Just us, if you don't mind." Sanem said, checking his phone. No message. "See, it's early yet!" he said turning the phone towards him, to justify the fact that he had taken a look.

"It's fine, it's fine. It's the weekend after all." he reflected.

"Exactly. Let's take it easy." exclaimed Sanem as he lay down on the deckchair.

As soon as Deren's message arrived, with an excuse, they returned to the estate in four and four-eight.

From there, after changing for the occasion, they reached their boat with the children. Can carefully prepared them, making them put on their safety vests and once on board, they set off. They spent a beautiful morning on the island of Orak. Afterwards they returned home for their afternoon nap, which the children took on the return journey, aided by the swaying of the sea. Thus, when they moored at the pier, they were already wide awake and energetic.

When they got home, they relaxed for a moment on the sofa. She saw that Deren had sent her pictures. Everything was ready, just as she wished. He thanked her and asked her not to be seen by Can at least until the surprise. She then proposed to her husband to go to the cabin with the children and spend the rest of the afternoon there. He gladly agreed. He loved that hut.

They all joined him there together, playing and singing on the way. Once they arrived, Can immediately saw the large white four-poster bed placed in the middle of the clearing in front of the cottage.

"What about that one?" he exclaimed. "How long has he been back there?"

"Recently." she said.

"Sanem, what the..." he said.

"I thought this time, it would be nice to have a real, tangible memory of it, don't you think?"

"Um, sure, sure, I totally agree. But it's exactly as I saw it in a dream!" he exclaimed, thinking back to when he had tried to recreate it himself, now several years earlier. His wife had been better at it. This bed, compared to his own, was exactly the one in the dream.

"I know, as in mine. That's why I thought it was nice to be able to relive it years later." she said. The children had indeed reached the age they were in the dream.

"Wow!" exclaimed Ates.

"Beautiful!" exclaimed Yildiz.

"Mom! There's a giant bed in the middle of the meadow!" exclaimed the children running towards it.

"Yes!" laughed Sanem. "Easy, mind you." she shouted after him.

"Well? Shall we go?" asked Sanem to her husband who stood still and watched.

"Let's go, but I'm curious.... Sanem? Why did you do that?" he asked.

"Can't I surprise my husband?" she replied evasively.

"Come on, tell me the truth." he insisted.

Sanem, who was wearing a long blue dress fluttering like the canopy curtains, lifted it to uncover her feet and assuming the pose of a marathon runner, exclaimed: "I'll only tell you if you can catch me before I get to the bed!" she said running off, free and carefree through the grass.

"Run! Run children! Distract daddy! He wants to catch me!" exclaimed Sanem laughing.

At that point, Can took off like a feline, running determinedly through the tall grass, aiming at his prey. Sanem saw him on her heels and screamed, running even faster. Before she could touch the bed in front of her with one hand, a strong and decisive grip grabbed her by the weight, catching her on the shoulder. Sanem screamed in fright. "What do you mean! I had practically arrived! It's not possible! You cheated! But how did you reach me so quickly?!"

"Well, I was attracted to my prey.... I couldn't miss her." Can exclaimed, winking at her.

His hair was dishevelled. So with his free hand, in one motion he removed the elastic from his ever-present bun, undoing his hair. They were both out of breath from running. They looked at each other smiling. Can then threw himself on the bed with her, his face so close to hers. Sanem did not resist. Her hands lost themselves in Can's hair, fixing it.

He was so beautiful when he was free and wild, Sanem thought as she contemplated him. They stayed like that until they both caught their breath. Then Sanem sat down. At that point Can came even closer to her and said: "Now you don't stand a chance, you know that, right? I have won! You have to tell me the truth."

"But what won! You cheated! You definitely cheated!" she exclaimed.

"I'll show you who cheats now!" said Can tickling her. She began to scream. "No! Can! Stop! I'm ticklish all over, you know that!"

"Of course I know, my dear! I'm having my revenge! You know I always win in this, right?" he retorted.

"All right. All right. OK. Enough. I'll tell you." she surrendered breathlessly.

"We are writing a new chapter." said Sanem.

"In what sense?" he asked.

"Are you writing the fourth volume of Phoenix and the Albatross?" he then asked her.

"No, love. I just published the third, how can I have already written the fourth? I didn't mean that." she replied.

"Well, you are unpredictable. It wouldn't have been that strange." admitted Can.

"I wanted to celebrate your success last night, and your victory, in our own way. E... after our conversation this morning, I had this idea." explained Sanem pointing to the bed beneath them.

"Ah... I get it, message received Sanem Divit." he replied kissing her suddenly.

"That's why we're writing a new chapter!" he exclaimed. "Is this one of your usual coded messages?" he asked her.

"Well, if you got it, it's not that coded." she replied. "Anyway, it's not just for that, but also to remind us that we've been very lucky. Life has really let us live out our dreams. So much so that we can now afford to think of more of them. To build and realise more of them." she gave him pause.

"Now I get it. Well, what better metaphor than to recreate our dream." said Can that looking at that wonderful four-poster bed.

"There, if you think about it... they were born from a book, which in turn was born from a dream.... Which then, you also dreamt." said Sanem.

"There, when you say it like that it sounds a bit strange and twisted." he thought with a laugh.

"But that's right." confirmed Sanem laughing in turn.

"That's right, that's exactly how it is," he agreed.

"So my dear husband, now your task is to immortalise this moment. Immortalising dreams into reality." she said, pulling out Can's camera from under her pillow.

"Ah! I was in fact wondering where my camera had gone! There, explained the mystery!" he said.

"It's for a good cause." said Sanem.

"Look!" exclaimed Deniz climbing up to one of the pillars of the bed.

"Deniz! Watch out!" his mother warned him.

"Ah, what have we here? Some little monkeys? Let's immortalise them at once. They are a rare species!" Can exclaimed, photographing them.

Sanem laughed.

They had the time of their lives. The children jumped like springs from one side of the bed to the other. There was a devastating pillow fight. That covered everyone with feathers. It was not exactly as they had dreamed it would be. It was much better, because they were not sleeping. It wasn't a dream this time. They were really enjoying the moment. Aware that their life had become a dream.

Then it was time to go home. Can took Deniz in his arms, with his other hand he held Ates's, who walked by his side, while on his shoulders was Yildiz. "Let's go, the bus is leaving!" he exclaimed. Ates also took Sanem's hand and they all walked home together.

"Who's hungry?" asked Can.

"Me!"

"Me!"

"Me!" they all replied.

"And is mum hungry?" asked Can.

"Phew! I'm starving! I'd like something sweet to end the day on a high note!" she admitted.

"Ah! Then Chef Can will get to work! Creap with chocolate for everyone! What do you say?" he asked.

"Yay!" exclaimed the children.

"Yay!" exclaimed Sanem. "Your creaps are amazing. I could do a triple pike jump for happiness!" she said elatedly.

"Good reward for all the energy expended, what do you say mum?" asked Can.

"Today's break from the norm fits!" she conceded.

"I've always said it! No one can resist my creaps!" said Can.

They arrived home, and while he bathed the children, Sanem set the table outside on the porch. As she placed the glasses, she looked up and froze. He stood speechless. "I can't believe it!" she whispered. Can reached for her. "Love? Deniz asks where his T- rex is. I've been looking for him everywhere! Do you know where he is?" he asked without realising his wife's expression.

As soon as he saw her open-mouthed, he followed her gaze.

"Shhh! I'm trying to listen!" she told him. "Do you see what I see?"

"Ohh, he finally did it!" commented Can.

In front of them, in the distance, in the car park, were Deren and Bulut in front of his pick-up. He was on his knee.

"What do you mean?" asked Sanem in a low voice. "Did you know?"

"Well, Bulut had wanted to propose to Deren for a long time. He just never found the right time." Can confided to her, munching on a slice of cucumber, nonchalantly. "I'm glad he finally made it!" he said.

"I can't believe it! I can't believe it!" said Sanem picking up the bowl of seeds he had prepared as an after-dinner treat. She started crunching them one after the other. Anxiety had taken hold of her.

"Look I can't believe it, Can! Bulut is on his knee!!!" she exclaimed.

"Yeah, I just hope Deren answers her quickly. Or he'll lose that knee, if he has it much longer!" commented Can.

"Ah, ouch! Don't say that! It's so romantic!" exclaimed Sanem, tossing him the shell of her seeds.

"Ah, I'm just curious what they say to each other." he admitted.

"I guess it really doesn't concern us." Can replied.

"Ugh, don't be a party pooper! And... just a minute! What were you trying to imply with the knee thing a minute ago, huh?" she reconsidered.

"That I made you wait too long? Let's hear it... explain this CanDivit." said Sanem putting down the seeds to cross her arms.

"Nooo, well... in fact, your answer was long overdue, if you remember, your 'yes on principle' as an answer lingered in the minds of everyone present." he reminded her.

Sanem threw a seed at him. "Scoundrel!" she exclaimed.

"Anyway what I meant to say was that at least I was kneeling here in the garden. He is kneeling on the stones. It won't be pleasant." he thought, laughing under his moustache.

"Does it matter at a time like that?" asked Sanem nervously.

"No, not at all. In fact, me at that moment, I wouldn't have realised even if I had hot coals under my knee." He corrected himself. "And anyway in my case I would have waited even to infinity with any material underneath." he concluded.

"Mh, you caught yourself in a corner." she said.

"I think you only notice these details when you're not the star of the moment." commented Can almost to himself.

At one point, Deren's yes resounded throughout the estate.

"My God, worse than when she screams on the phone." commented Can.

"Wow! That sounded like an alarm siren!" exclaimed Sanem plugging his ear.

Can laughed.

"She is more devastating. Maybe we should record her voice and use it instead of our house alarm, what do you say?" asked Can jokingly.

"Can! Isn't that cute!" exclaimed Sanem laughing.

After the yes, Deren threw his arms around Bulut's neck. There was a kiss.

At that point then Sanem from under the porch started clapping. "Wuu! Bravo!!! Best wishes!!! Hurray for the bride and groom-to-be!" she exclaimed.

Bulut and Deren turned around. Embarrassment perceptible on their faces red with shame. Deren broke away from Bulut and ran to embrace Sanem.

"Can prepare! Let's open a bottle of sparkling wine! We must celebrate!" she said.

"Guys, what's going on?" asked Aziz joining them, followed by Mihriban. He was in his house clothes. He had come out in his slippers. He was breathing heavily.

"Nothing daddy." said Can.

"We heard that icy scream and ran immediately. We thought something had happened!" he said frightened.

Deren covered her face with her hands in shame.

"No, Dad. Nothing like that. Deren wanted to try a soprano note!" exclaimed Can.

Bulut and Sanem laughed.

"Just kidding! That was our alarm! It went off inadvertently!" he continued.

"Can! So..." said Deren pouting.

Sanem and Bulut burst into thunderous laughter at that point.

"Joke! It wasn't even that." he admitted.

"Son! Are you making fun of us? What's going on?" asked Aziz.

"Deren screamed. But it was a scream of happiness." said Can. "I guess." he added.

"Um..." stammered Deren, still with her hands on her face.

Mihriban looked at her. She opened her mouth wide. "I don't believe it!" she suddenly exclaimed, seeing the ring on her finger.

"What happens now?" snapped Aziz.

Can hugged him. "Just watch." he said.

"There, it's my fault... I shouted "Yes"!" exclaimed Deren.

"Ahhhh! I can't believe it! Let me give you a hug! I'm so happy!" Mihriban squeezed them both in a hug.

"I didn't understand." said Aziz. Sanem leaned closer to his father-in-law and whispered in his ear: "They are getting married."

"What?!" he exclaimed. "Ah! Deren, my child, I am so happy for you!" he said, hugging her. "Bulut, congratulations! Best wishes!"

"He will need it." whispered Can to Sanem hugging her.

"Can, you are really unbelieveble tonight!" she said.

"What are you babbling about, Can? Are you making fun of me again? Tell me! I want to know!" said Deren, in an accusatory tone.

"Well, I was telling Sanem that we could record your voice and use it instead of our alarm." he said jokingly.

"I mean, a note that high would make anyone run away. Probably a hundred species went extinct in the woods at that juncture."

Bulut doubled over in laughter.

"I'm joking, Deren! Really! Come here. I'm happy for you!"

Deren hugged him. "Thank you Can, I am really happy."

Meanwhile, Sanem hugged Bulut. "Well done! I am really shocked! Congratulations Bulut!"

"Thank you. Thank you all."

"Bulut! Come here, brother. You finally made it! I'm happy for you!" said Can hugging him.

"Brother, you blew my mind! I swear!" said Bulut to Can patting him on the shoulder.

"Well, I suggest you buy some caps.... the high notes might catch you by surprise." he replied, continuing the joke.

Bulut tightened his lips to hold back his laughter.

"Ah! But still! Look how incredible you two really are, huh!" said Deren.

"Such a note is not human!" continued Can.

"And they insist!" repeated Deren, staring at them truculently.

"Ah, leave them alone. They are joking. Men are like that." said Mihriban joining the girls.

Aziz also joined the males.

"Ah, I'll take care of it." said Sanem. She took the sparkling wine to celebrate. She poured it for everyone. A little less to Mihriban, for obvious reasons, and raised her goblet in front of them.

"A toast! To the bride and groom-to-be! I wish you much happiness! I love you!" she exclaimed.

"Ah, Deren will officially join the newlywed club now!" exclaimed Sanem.

"Ah, yes... I still can't believe it." she said. "But I am sure of one thing. I would like you to be my best man!" she asked her on the spur of the moment.

"Ah, but with pleasure Deren! Ahh! How nice!" exclaimed Sanem.

"Did you hear?" she added.

"Yes, I heard. Bulut just asked me the same thing." said Can.

"Ah, perfect then!" exclaimed Mihriban.

The evening continued like that, amidst chatter and wedding ideas.

A few hours later, before going to bed, Sanem received a message from Ayhan.

"Sister, sorry for the hour. I need to talk to you tomorrow. I will come to the estate."

Can came out of the bathroom and saw the serious expression on his wife's face.

"What's going on?" he asked her.

"Ayhan sent me a message. She says she is coming to the estate tomorrow. He wants to talk to me." she replied.

"Ah, that's fine. And what's strange about that?" he asked

"I don't know, but I have a strange feeling." she replied. "I hope nothing bad happened between her and Cey Cey." she admitted.

"No, I'm ruling it out. You'll see it's nothing bad. She'll just want to have a chat with her best friend. That's all!" said Can kissing her shoulder.

"I hope so." she replied sceptically.

The next day a taxi stopped at the estate. Sanem was outside, planting new flowers in the garden. When she heard the door slam, she got up and saw Ayhan and Osman get out. They walked towards her.

"Ah ah! Osman? What are you doing here? I didn't know you were coming too!" she exclaimed in surprise.

"Sorry for the intrusion, but Ayhan alerted me to the situation and I wanted to come too. I hope it's not a problem." she said.

"Don't say that even in jest, Osman. You are always welcome, even without warning. I'm just surprised." she admitted.

"Can we talk?" asked Ayhan.

"Come, let's have a seat in the loft. It's particularly hot today." commented Sanem leading the way.

Once they were seated there was a strange silence.

"And... what did you want to talk about?" she asked.

"That's... about Muzo, sister." said Ayhan.

"Muzo? What's going on now?" she asked with a sigh.

"Yes, Sanem... Muzo is no longer the same. He is self-destructive. He is rabid. He treats everyone badly. He has become unapproachable." began Osman.

"Up to this point?" she asked.

"Yes, sister... He is unrecognisable. And we don't understand why." admitted Ayhan worriedly.

"The reason in my opinion, is easy. Deniz!" exclaimed Sanem.

"But didn't he leave her?" asked Osman.

"Yes..." replied Ayhan and Sanem.

"Then..." he replied.

"In my opinion, his problem, is not with Deniz. Deniz has only suffered the effects of a bad marital experience Muzo had with Guliz, which he still hasn't overcome." Sanem confessed.

"Do you think so?" asked Ayhan.

"It's been years since he divorced Guliz. It's not possible." said Osman.

"It is possible instead. Think about it. After that, he met Deniz, a psychologist and therapist. And he refused any kind of help and therapy from her." Sanem gave them pause.

"So according to you, he refused to face the disappointment. To heal, that is. "Osman surmised.

"Yes, I think that's it." Ayhan said.

"But did you talk to him? What did he tell you?" asked Sanem.

"We could not approach him. Ours have been words in the wind. Mine, his, and even Cey Cey's." said Ayhan.

"We have to do something, Sanem. He is our closest friend in the neighbourhood, and he has always been there for us." he added.

"You are right. I'll go and talk to him." she offered.

"Wouldn't it be right for him to talk to Deniz?" asked Osman.

"I really don't think that's the case. It would only make the situation worse." replied Ayhan.

"It's OK. I'll take care of it. I'll go to the neighbourhood." confirmed Sanem.

"Just... he's not at home. Cey Cey tried to call him, but no one answers." he admitted.

"I call my father, tell him to ask Melihat with an excuse. Better to avoid my mother, she would give in immediately and tell her everything. Then a scandal would break out in the neighbourhood. Better to avoid." said Sanem bringing the phone to her ear.

"You're right." said Osman.

Once she got the information, she warned Can and took a taxi with Ayhan and Osman in a hurry to the neighbourhood.

His father had said they had seen him at the pier where they often met as little, sitting on a bench staring into space.

Once there, they saw him.

Before they all approached together, Sanem stopped them. "I'll go. You stay here. Just come closer I'll give you a nod or if strictly necessary." she warned them.

"Alright sister." said Ayhan.

"Take care." Osman warned her.

The two Isik brothers remained at a distance, hiding behind the trees nearby. Sanem reached the bench.

"Muzo? Ah! What are you doing here all alone?" Sanem greeted him, feigning surprise.

Muzo looked up blankly. "Sanem? What are you doing here?" he asked in turn.

"I just popped in to see my parents. And before returning to the estate I wanted to take a walk. It's been a long time since I've been here." said Sanem as she took a seat next to him on the bench.

"I've been coming here a lot lately." he admitted.

"Oh, yeah? It's a great place to think. I used to do it all the time. Maybe that's why I don't come here too often anymore. Because I've been thinking too much." she said, trying to make him laugh.

"Thought too much, yeah..." he said, as if she had hit the right note.

"Thoughts?" asked him Sanem.

"Too many." he said instinctively.

"Is that why you've been so weird lately?" she asked him.

"I've always been strange. You know that." he replied strangely serious.

"But you are more than usual lately." Sanem pointed out to him.

"Is it that noticeable?" he asked with sad eyes.

"A little." she admitted.

Then dhe added. "Do you want to talk about it?"

"I don't know if I want to." he replied honestly.

"In my opinion you do. It's just that you're afraid it hurts to talk about it." imagined Sanem.

"How do you know?" he exclaimed looking at her with wide eyes. She had got it.

"Because I have been through this many times, Muzo. And I know well what it means to suffer. Don't you remember? It is me, who hold the record for family, love, work and personal suffering in the neighbourhood." she tried to laugh at herself.

"Not any more." he replied briefly.

"Not any more, it's true. But I know what it feels like. Which of these are you going through, Muzo?" she tried to ask hoping for his outburst.

"All but work." he confessed with a sigh.

"Ah, a nice mix. Perfect. So tell me, what exactly is troubling you?" she asked.

Muzo looked at her. He didn't know whether to trust her or not.

"I won't tell anyone, if that's what you're afraid of. You can rest assured. Secrets are safe with me. Wolfman's word. I'll write it down for you here." she said, pretending to make a mark on the bench they were sitting on.

"OK..." he replied cautiously. He took a long breath and said: " Everyone around us has found their way. They know who they are, they are happy and they have a person beside them who loves them. And me? I am left alone." he said sadly.

Sanem listened in silence. She understood those feelings very well. She had experienced them first hand, several years ago. And thinking back, inevitably, her eyes glazed over, but she held on.

"My best friend, my brother Cey Cey, got married. And to one of my best friends to boot. I'm happy for them, don't get me wrong. But everyone gets married and has a family. You have Can, you have your children. You feel complete... and it shows! Leyla and Emre the same. Osman and Adile, same thing. Even Mr Aziz got married to Mihriban! Bulut is marrying Deren. And..." he vented.

"And... there is someone missing from the roll-call, isn't there? Say it, Muzo. Spit it out. Get it off your chest!" encouraged Sanem.

"It hurts." he said.

"I know. Believe me, I know it very well. But you have to start somewhere, to be yourself again. Or to find yourself. You have to face your darkest fears, Muzo. As hard and difficult as it may seem. It's the only way out of the darkness. To rise from your own ashes." she explained to him.

"Like you did." he said.

"Exactly. Like I did. And like you did when Guliz jilted you penniless. What did you do Muzo?" she asked.

"What did I do?" he repeated without knowing what to answer.

"You rolled up your sleeves, pulled out your grit and created a new life for yourself." Sanem replied in his place.

"And what do I have left of that life now? Nothing." he said, lowering his head.

"That's not true. Don't be pessimistic. You have a job. You love your job at the agency, don't you?" she asked.

"Yes." he admitted.

"Look, that's already a point in your favour. And you are by no means alone. We are all here. Do you realise that after years of real distance, most of us are here in Istanbul?" she pointed out to him.

"Yes, but you all have your families and your respective mates." he retorted.

"What does that have to do with anything? We can still continue to be friends anyway." she told him.

Then she added. "My dear, you are only making excuses! The real problem is something else!"

"That is?" he asked apathetically.

"You need to work on yourself. You are lucky. You have so many friends and colleagues around you who love you, who want to help you, and you reject them! You are blind. You have a good job and you refuse to see it. You are rejecting everything you have, because you are rejecting yourself." she psychoanalysed him.

"The problem is that I feel lost, Sanem. I don't know who I am anymore." he admitted with shining eyes.

"You think everyone is abandoning you, that other people's lives are moving on, while yours remains stationary, is that it?" she tried to put herself in his shoes.

Muzo nodded his head.

"You know, I used to think like that too, but then I turned on my own. You have to find your own way, Muzo! Without being conditioned by anyone. Follow your inner self. Your instinct." she urged him.

"My instinct says I should get away from this city, this neighbourhood, and this life for a while." he spat out.

Sanem stood petrified. She had not expected this from Muzo, but she understood his discomfort very well, because that was the same decision she made when Can left.

"Listen to me Muzo, I will speak to you very frankly. I don't want to condition you. I just want to tell you what I experienced and prevent you from making the same mistakes as me. OK?" she warned him.

Muzo looked at her with tears in his eyes. He lowered his gaze.

Sanem took a deep breath. "When Can left, I fell into a deep depression. There were no more colours in my life. I had switched off. Completely. Nothing made sense to me anymore. My father, my mother, my sister, my brother-in-law, the agency... nothing." Sanem recounted with difficulty. She paused. It was always difficult to touch certain topics.

Seeing his attention she continued.

"I walked away from everything. But I did it too late. I should have followed my instincts and left before I was in that physical and mental state. Instead I listened to the rational part of me, and to my responsibilities to my family, whose heart I would surely have broken. All this held me back for too long, from achieving my goals, my dreams. And look how that turned out! Despite having given up on my dream of leaving with the person I loved, I stayed. And in doing so, I fell into depression and made my parents feel bad anyway. Do you understand what I mean?" tried Sanem to make her understand.

"That fate cannot be controlled." he concluded.

"Also! But I was referring to something else. Life is one, Muzo, and it has to be lived the way we want. Because things if they have to happen, happen anyway. Understand? We are our own first obstacle." she told him bravely.

"Understood." he replied.

"Do you now feel the need to disconnect? To go away? Do it! But do it, if it is really what you want! Not to please someone! OK?" she made her understand.

"And talk. You can always talk to me. Even with Cey Cey and everyone else. Understand?" she said, laying a hand on his shoulder. He looked at her in silence.

"And if you can't express yourself in words, then write! That's the advice I feel like giving you." she added.

"Write?" he asked.

"Muzo, you can write. You are a person who has a lot to tell. How many times have you written me letters that read like novels in the past?" she reminded him.

Muzo laughed. "Ah, but that was a long time ago." he thought again.

"It is true. But writing is hope. And it is very useful. Writing is good for the soul. Just write from the heart." she reminded him.

"I could write you letters!" he exclaimed.

"Do that, and I will read them Muzo. Or you could think about keeping a diary!" she suggested.

"Ah, don't say that too loud, otherwise we'll go from diary to book and from book to being a writer. And who knows! Maybe I'll even become an opponent of yours." she imagined jokingly.

"Ah, and who knows, Muzo! Never say never!" she replied confidently.

"Hope springs eternal!" he exclaimed, resuming his usual cheerful and charismatic manner.

"Well said, Muzo!" exclaimed Sanem. "Ah, come here, give me a hug, my friend!" Muzo embraced her.

"Thank you Sanem. You are a great friend." he then said.

"You too. Whatever your decision is, i'm with you." she replied.

"Us too!" exclaimed Ayhan and Osman popping up behind them. They both embraced them.

"Group hug! Just like old times!" exclaimed Ayhan.

"Ah! And you?" asked Muzo surprised.

"We saw you here talking and joined you!" said Ayhan cheerfully without arousing suspicion.

Muzo looked at Sanem.

She returned the glance and took advantage of it.

"I will end by telling you this, Muzo. My husband wrote to me a note long time ago:

"Never stop dreaming! And never stop writing!' Today I want to make the same wish to you, my friend. Because sometimes, writing is what saves us." Sanem said thinking back to her past.

______________________________

Hello reader :)

Congratulations and thank you for reaching the 50th chapter.

The story, alas, is drawing to a close. 

But in the meantime, if you like, let me know your opinion.

See you in the last chapter!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.1K 2.7K 68
Sanem is a young girl who lost her parents in a car accident. Sanem and Leyla Sanem's sister, lived with their aunt and uncle for a couple of years b...
29.3K 2.8K 65
14 year old Sanem, just received a scholarship for being top of her class, to one of the most prestigious schools in Instanbul. It won't be easy for...
209K 18.8K 72
Sequeal of 'Home To You' can be read stand alone. ©️All Right Sereved by me @deliciouspeach__ (writer_maira)©️ 25 years have passed and everything i...
21.9K 2.8K 27
Part 2 of " The Return Home Series" Seven years they had been apart. The most challenging years of their lives. A new beginning for Sanem Aydin in Ga...