1. THIS IS ONLY THE BEGIN. ST...

By FeniceAlbatros32

Did you fall in love with Can and Sanem's fairy tale and were left with that longing to know how the story wo... More

MESSAGE FROM THE AUTHOR
1. Bodrum - Orak island
2. The idea
3. Mihriban's estate
4. Istanbul - the last boat awakening
5. Time to return
6. The homecoming of CapCan and Macho
7. Tatoo
8. The arrival
9. Home sweet home
10. In the vegetable garden
11. Sister Mihriban
12. The plan in the agency
13. First night on the mainland
14. The surprise
15. Chaos in the agency
16. They are back, baby!
17. Life Change
18. Welcome back Can & Sanem
19. Metin
20. A new chapter
21. Aunt Remide's project
22. And now?
23. Awakenings that are good for the heart
24. For every beautiful thing
25. Not a farewell, but a goodbye
26. The envelope
27. For Can & Sanem
28. The Decision
29. The signature
30. The family house
31. Signals
32. In sickness and in health
33. Life's best surprise
34. The first ultrasound scan
35. The announcement
36. Sometimes they return
37. An unexpected arrival
38. Face to face with Ayhan
40. The nursery
41. The new member of "The Sanem"
42. Dear diary...
43. -1
44. Presentations
45. The launch of the trilogy
46. Three: the perfect number
47. Return to normality
48. Ladies' night
49. Memoirs
50. Days to remember
51. And they all lived happily ever after (FINAL CHAPTER)

39. Surprise within a surprise

1.1K 51 3
By FeniceAlbatros32

 Eventually Osman accepted Sanem's job offer. He would act as Hercules in her commercial. And much to her surprise, he willingly accepted Ayhan's wishes. Of course he was sorry. But Adile was a great intermediary between the two. At the end of the meeting, with both Osman's managers and his wife, Sanem was over the moon. Her childhood best friend was going to work with her!

Can was happy too. It had been a long time since he had seen Sanem so happy and carefree. Complete. She knew very well how important Ayhan was to her.

"Uh, looks like someone else here is happy too!" said Sanem touching her belly. Instinctively she took Can's hand and Ayhan's hand and placed it on top of her belly. "Ah! I felt that!" exclaimed Ayhan.

"That was nice and loud!" exclaimed Can.

"Yeah! Did you hear that?!" said Sanem almost moved.

"Come on Ayhan, come and pick your spot." Sanem invited her.

"Now?" she asked surprised.

"Now! Yes! Why not?" answered Sanem in turn.

"Let's go then." she took her by the arm.

"Ah, just like old times. It's a joy to see them together again! And it's been a long time since I've seen my sister so happy!" exclaimed Osman as he approached Can.

"Sanem told me that she misses Istanbul a bit." he replied.

"Yes, she admitted as much. The truth is that I was blind and selfish. I should have taken better care of my sister. In fact, she was the one who took care of me first, and then us." said Osman looking at his wife.

"I think it is more than fair for Ayhan to make his own decisions now. Let her think a little more about herself. If that is what she wants, we are with her." Adile replied confidently.

"It's good that you support each other like this." Can replied.

"That's how it works in the family!" replied Adile.

"Osman, I know it's none of my business, but... you know right? That Cey Cey is here. Now that Ayhan goes back to Istanbul, he will see him more often, and..." he dropped the sentence Can letting the rest be implied.

"I know, I know. I've been thinking about it all night. But I can't lock up my sister forever. I am her big brother and I will always protect her, but if I respect her decisions, I have to take that kind of situation into account too. And so I did. We'll see." he said with a shrug.

"Can, I know I can trust you. I speak to you like a brother. Please keep an eye on her when you can." Osman asked him, resting a hand on his shoulder.

"Don't worry. With me and Sanem, nothing will happen to her." he immediately reassured him.

"Ah, I have to start looking for a place to stay here in the city." Ayhan remembered back with Sanem.

"Ah! Can in this you are very good! And you have connections. Could you help her?" asked Sanem.

"Sure, no problem. I'll make a few phone calls." she replied quietly.

"However, you don't have to feel obliged to leave in a hurry just because you are a guest with us, eh!" replied Sanem.

"Sanem is right. There is room for everyone at the estate." said Can.

"You can stay in the loft for as long as you want." Sanem reminded her.

"Thank you Can, thank you, sister. You are very kind. I will only stay as long as it takes to find an apartment. I don't want to disturb you any further." Ayhan replied.

"What disturbance? Are you joking? I am more than happy to have company. Especially when I really can't move from the estate anymore." admitted Sanem.

"Yes, you are right. You don't have to feel obligated, but if you want to stay at the estate, you are welcome." Can told her kindly.

"Thank you Can." replied Ayhan.

They returned to the Fikri Harika and Sanem realised it was a bit too quiet. Through it all, Leyla and Emre had also been present at the meeting, but they just went about their business in a professional manner. Once they had left, they watched the conversation from the sidelines, waiting for the right moment to have a word with the new actors.

Leyla took advantage of this as soon as they were back in the Fikri Harika.

"Osman?" she called to him.

"Leyla, there was no way to say goodbye. How are you, Ice Queen?" greeted Osman cordially.

"I'm fine, you? I thought you were angry with me." admitted Leyla.

"Angry? No, not at all. We arrived and the managers were already there. I didn't get a chance to greet you properly. I had to remain professional. Sorry." he replied sincerely.

"Ah, that's a relief to hear." Leyla replied.

"Anyway, I'm very well. And so are you I see. You haven't changed at all." said Osman looking at her well.

"You have, you've changed your look. It suits you. It's a bit reminiscent of your early commercials where you wore a suit and tie." commented Leyla.

"Well, thank you. We actors always have to be a bit of a transformer. If it's not the hair, it's the beard. If it's not the beard, it's the accessories and clothing, or the physique." replied Osman.

"That's true." agreed Leyla, laughing.

At that moment at Leyla's side Emre appeared and at Osman's side Adile appeared.

"Osman, welcome." said Emre, offering him his hand, which Osman shook as a sign of respect.

"No hard feelings?" asked Emre seriously but muffling the question with a smile. He was not in an air of defiance.

"No, no hard feelings. The past is past." replied Osman, returning the smile and the handshake.

"Good, I'm pleased about that." Emre replied.

"Well, let me introduce you to my wife Adile." said Osman proudly.

"Adile, this is Leyla and her husband Emre. Leyla is Sanem's sister I told you about. And Emre is Can's brother." said Osman making the introductions.

"How are you? I'm Emre Divit. he introduced himself.

"Nice to meet you." replied Adile shyly.

"Hello Adile. Nice to meet you, I'm Leyla." she said extending her hand in a friendly manner. Then she kissed her on both cheeks. "Welcome to Fikri Harika."

"Leyla also works as a secretary in the agency's finance department alongside Emre, whose director he is." replied Osman.

"Yes, we have worked together several times in the past." Emre recalled.

"Actually, Osman I am no longer his secretary. I was promoted to customer representative. I am now in charge of dealing with customers. Like Deren did with you, remember?" replied Leyla.

"Ah, come on! I am happy for you. Congratulations. You have reached a new level on the ladder to success!"

Then he added: "And congratulations for the Sanem, too. She told me that you are the financial director there."

"That's right. That's right. Sanem cared. I couldn't say no to her." Leyla replied.

"Ah, Leyla... always ready to do the right thing. I recognise you now." replied Osman.

"Uhm, are you staying here until the filming starts?" asked Emre jealously, feeling a little sidelined.

"Ah, no. We're leaving again tonight, after a certain date." said Osman, making the inverted comma.

"Ah, I see, sure, sure. Work calls." commented Emre.

"Yes, we have to get back to the set, but I'll see you soon. We'll be back in a few weeks." he replied.

"Good, and we will be waiting for you." said Leyla.

Meanwhile, Sanem looked around strangely.

"Ha, ah! Can? What happened to Deren, Cey Cey and Muzo?"

"Ah, uhm... well, Deren had to run to the set of the chocolate campaign, remember?" he said.

"Ah, yes... is there a problem?" she asked worriedly.

"No, no, just a check up, to see if everything is going as it should, that's all." he reassured her calmly.

"Ah, OK." replied Sanem trustingly. "And the other two?"

"Ah, yes, Cey Cey went to the print shop to pick up some prints and being several, I also sent Muzo to help him."

"Ah, I see. In fact, the two of them only move in pairs now." Sanem commented, ignoring certain suspicions that were rising in her mind.

"Can? Sanem? We'll be off then. Have a good night." greeted them Bulut with Deniz.

"Bye guys. See you." replied Can.

"Bye, see you around." greeted them Sanem.

"Well, we are going too." said Leyla.

"Ha, ha! You too?" asked Sanem surprised.

"Eh, yes, sister dear, it's time to go home. Look!" she showed her the watch.

"Ah! You're right. I didn't even notice." she replied.

Can's phone rang. It was Deren.

"Excuse me, I'll be right back." he said, walking away.

"Where are you going?" asked Sanem, but he was already far away. "Ah, today is really strange..." she commented aloud.

"I have to answer, it's Deren." he said hearing her comment.

"Ah, okay. But you can also answer here.... He's gone." said Sanem seeing him disappear inside the office.

"Mh, sister, doesn't it seem strange lately Can? He's mysterious! Every time his phone rings he disappears. He's never done that before." said Sanem suspiciously.

"Ah, dear sister, there are many of us here in the hall, of course he wants to answer in the background. Don't get into any weird doubts," Leyla tried to reason with her.

"That's right, the Ice Queen is right! Don't think about it. Can, she only loves you, remember that!" agreed Ayhan.

"Well, sister, after this, I'll leave you. I have to run to the construction site, don't we, Emre?" she said turning around in search of her husband.

"Yes, we really have to run." he replied, responding to an imperceptible nod from his wife.

"Alright, come on, go." said Sanem huffing.

"We in the meantime, wait for Can. Come on, let's go to the bar. Would you like something to drink? I'll make you a nice tea!" offered Sanem.

"Let's go." said Ayhan taking her by the arm.

As Sanem prepared, Ayhan brought back memories of past moments.

"Do you remember when I smuggled the mouse here?" asked Ayhan.

"Shhh! Keep your voice down, Ayhan!" shushed Sanem.

"Why?" she asked frowning.

"Can doesn't know anything about that episode!" exclaimed Sanem.

"Ah! He never found out?" asked Ayhan surprised, speaking in a low voice.

"No." replied Sanem decisively.

"Mouse? What mouse?" asked Osman as he approached the counter.

"Ah, nothing. We had an operation back then. It was called 'operation mouse,' wasn't it Sanem?" tried to confuse Ahyan.

"Ah, yes, of course. Of course! It was just a joke between us in the neighbourhood, wasn't it?" pretended to remember Sanem.

"Yeah, sure..." replied Osman pretending to believe it.

"And what does Can have to do with this?" he then asked.

Sanem snorted. Osman had spotted them.

"Ufff. OK, it was a little joke we played back in the agency when Can and I were not yet together. OK?" admitted Sanem.

"Okay, don't get angry. It was just a question." Raised Osman's hands.

"Don't worry he won't said Can anything, won't you love?" said Adile beside him.

"No. I won't say anything." he replied suspiciously. Then he commented. "After all, you two haven't changed at all!"

"High five Adile. You're one of us. Bravo. Power to the women!" Sanem exclaimed. Then she saw the look on everyone's faces. "OK, I'll stop."

"Ah, but isn't here where you first met Cey Cey?" asked Sanem in a low voice.

"Yes, it is here." Ayhan was lost in that memory.

"Is here what, sister?" asked Osman of her.

"Huh? No brother. What do you want to have happened here?!" replied Ayhan waking up from her daydream.

"But what happened to Can? What's taking him so long?" asked Sanem. Anxiety and suspicion were eating away at her curiosity. Even making tea hadn't helped her not to think.

"It will come. He will come." Osman reassured her.

"Have you been looking for me, my life?" asked the man himself, popping up suddenly.

"Yes, I missed you." replied Sanem, making eyes at him.

"Ah, here I am. All for you." he replied, spreading his arms just for her.

"I made you a tea too, in the meantime." she told him placing the steaming glass in front of him.

"Hmm, good idea. I really needed that. Thanks." he replied, blowing it. It was steaming hot.

"You're welcome." she replied.

"Cheers everyone!" Everyone drank.

"So are we ready? We're the only ones left here! What do you say? Time to go home?" incited Can.

"Ah! Yes, finally!" replied Sanem tiredly.

At that moment, the sound of a message was heard.

Can checked his phone.

"Sorry, I'll answer quickly and we'll go. Promise."

"Ah, what a busy man my husband is today! Who is it?" asked Sanem hiding irritation behind a smile of politeness.

"Is it Deren again?" she insisted.

"No, it's Akif for the press," replied her husband calmly.

"Ah, say hello." she replied politely, believing his words. It seemed to her too sincere to be a lie.

In reality, Sanem had seen right through it. There was something going on. Can had received a message from Deren updating him on the very last preparations for the party before their arrival. To prevent Sanem from becoming further suspicious, seeing her nervous, he sent a message to Ayhan:

"AYHAN, I TOLD MRS DEREN TO KEEP YOU UPDATED ON THE PREPARATIONS WHILE WE ARE IN THE CAR. SHE HAS TO GIVE YOU THE OK BEFORE WE ARRIVE, OK?"

Ayhan's phone signalled the arrival of a message. Can was standing there in front of her. She read it. When she saw the sender, she looked up, first at him and then at Sanem and all the others, apologising. She invented an excuse and then replied.

"OK. I'LL TAKE CARE OF IT."

"Ah, a message for you too, Ayhan?" asked Sanem.

"Yes, let me see... Ah, the old work group chat!" exclaimed Ayhan with nochalance.

"OK, now we can really go." she replied, putting the phone back in her pocket.

Halfway there, Ayhan received another message.

Can looked at her from the mirror. She had sat strategically in the middle between Adile and Osman in the back seats. She gave an imperceptible nod of her head to Can to give him the OK. Everything was ready.

When Can arrived, just before the gate of the estate, he stopped.

"What's going on?" asked Sanem. "Why did you stop?"

"Nothing. I have to do something." Can took his wife's bandana, which he always wore in his trouser pocket and opened it.

"What are you doing Can?" she asked, turning around at the back towards Ayhan, Osman and Adile with a puzzled face.

"Calm down. Don't be nervous. Nothing is happening. I'm going to blindfold you now." he told her.

"How will you blindfold me? Why?" she asked.

"You'll have to let me blindfold you if you want to know why!" he retorted.

"Can, don't be silly! What's going on? I'm scared." she replied.

"Scared of what? I'm not doing anything to you." Can said, smiling. Once he put on the bandana he resumed driving, parking the pick-up inside the estate.

"Ah! We've stopped again. Help!" exclaimed Sanem as he heard the car stop.

At that point Can quickly typed a message on his mobile phone, showing it to the others in the back seat:

"YOU GUYS GET OUT OF THE CAR QUIETLY AND JOIN THE OTHERS. THANK YOU! WE WILL SEE YOU THERE!"

Ayhan showed his thumbs up in approval and silently together with his brother and daughter-in-law got out of the car in which Can, meanwhile, had turned the music on full blast so as not to let out any noise.

"Ah! Can! What a fright! What's going on? What's that music? Has the radio started?" She exclaimed, jumping onto the seat. Instinctively she touched her belly. "Do you want me to give birth sooner?! You scared the hell out of me!" she exclaimed.

Once they had closed the doors, she waited for Adile, Osman and Ayhan to disappear from sight and then turned it off.

"Ah! Can, if you don't tell me what's going on, I swear I'll take off my blindfold!" she blackmailed him.

"No, love, wait. You are so beautiful! I'll explain now." he tried to keep her quiet.

Sanem remained listening.

"There's something for you. I can't tell you anything, but let's make a deal. Now I'll be your guide and you won't peek at anything, OK?" he said.

"Agree on what, Can?" she asked irritated.

"You just have to trust me. OK? Do you trust me?" he asked, preparing to go downstairs.

"I trust you, my love, but I don't understand why is happening this." Sanem admitted bewildered.

"Don't worry. You just leave it to me and you'll soon find out. Nothing will happen, neither to you nor to our babies, you know that right? I would never allow it. So don't worry." Can tried to calm her down by stroking the hand on her baby bump.

"OK, OK." she hurriedly replied.

"Just wait for me. I'll come and get you, I'll help you came out." Can said walking around to join her.

He helped her, kissed her on the forehead and then taking both her hands, guided her.

"Let's play a little game. Let's see if you can figure out where I'm taking you." said Can accompanying his wife to the front garden of the loft where they had all gathered. "Home. Did you go around the pool? Can, you're not going to throw me in the pool, are you?" she asked trembling at the idea.

"No, no, don't worry. I swear." he replied immediately, reassuring her.

Can guided her towards the banner. He stopped and told her: "This is all for you, my love! I hope you like it!"

He disembowelled her.

Sanem saw it all.

"What! What are you all doing here?!" she exclaimed seeing literally the whole agency, the Sanem, and family there.

"Surprise!" they all exclaimed in chorus. Streamers burst out and confetti flew.

Then Sanem saw the banner.

"WELCOME TO YOUR PARTY, MOTHER-TO-BE!"

"How? My party? What do you mean?" she asked surprised and puzzled.

"This party is in honour of you and our babies." said Can touching her baby bump.

"What? Are you serious?" she asked looking at him surprised.

"Ah! Can!" she said throwing her arms around his neck. "How sweet you are! You did all this for us?"

Can returned the embrace by kissing her on the shoulder. "Let's just say it was my idea. But then, everyone helped me prepare. Didn't you, guys?"

"Eh, yes, Mr Can these balloons didn't just inflate themselves!" exclaimed Muzo.

In addition to the welcome banner, Can had the entire front garden decorated with lights hanging from trees, colourful cushions on the lawn, pink and blue balloons, and candles. The cushions were arranged in such a way that the focus was on the chair. Sanem's throne for that evening. She recognised it immediately. "Is that my armchair?" she asked surprised.

"Yes." Deren replied, applauding. We decorated it for the occasion, do you like it?"

"It's beautiful!" Sanem was ecstatic. Hers was a boho-style high-backed wicker armchair. Sanem had always found it very comfortable, even during pregnancy. Accompanied by some cushions, of course. They had decorated it with shoots of fake flowers that joined the fan-shaped backrest from the armrests. What amused her was that they had hung three balloons from it. One on each armrest, and one at the top, in the middle, on the perimeter of the backrest, the colour of the sex of their children. What stood out most to the eye was the corner where they used to hold Fikri Harika meetings. The small lights created a path leading to the table set for the feast with food of all kinds. Behind that table stood her parents. Nihat had his own barbeque corner and her mother was behind the laid table. The atmosphere was crazy. Magical.

She greeted everyone and then looked at Can. She was still shocked.

"Come." he said taking her by the hand.

Sanem followed him. He accompanied her to her chair and made her sit down.

Then he adjusted her cushions. "Are you comfortable?"

"Yes, thank you."

"Good, wait here." He quickly disappeared inside the loft. Deniz was in there. She noticed that she gave him something and then they both joined her.

Can hid the object behind his back. And only once in front of her did he pull it out.

"I thought you would look perfect with a floral touch," Can said, showing her the flower crown. She had used wild daisies. Sanem looked at her with tears in his eyes.

"Do you remember?" asked Sanem.

"Like it was yesterday." he said. "May I?""Sure." she replied smiling, wiping away a tear.

Can arranged the little crown in her hair.

"There's our queen of the evening!" exclaimed Cey Cey clapping.

"For the little crown you have Deniz to thank. I would have liked to do it myself, but... I'm not very experienced, that is." admitted Can.

Sanem looked at him softly. How could anyone resist such a man?

"But..." he said " to make it up to you, tonight I will be your personal photographer. So laugh, dance, do what you feel. That way we'll have lots of good memories!" he encouraged her.

"Are you really going to take pictures, Can?" asked Deren incredulously.

Can nodded his head yes.

"Ah, love! Only Sanem could push him to take pictures of his own free will!" exclaimed Cey Cey.

Ayhan was smiling and moved.

"Well, I can't say no to my muse!" was Can's reply.

"Ahh..." all the women present made a cry of adoration.

"Then can we begin, Can?" asked Ayhan.

"Please." he replied.

"Ayhan, did you know?" asked Sanem.

"Of course, could I not have known?!" she exclaimed.

"But how... Osman? Adile? You too?" looked at them Sanem.

"We only found out once we got here." they admitted, raising their hands.

"Ah! I can't believe it! You are all accomplices!" exclaimed Sanem.

They all laughed, settled down on cushions and the party began.

"Sanem? This is from me." said Deren, handing her a present.

And so began the unwrapping of all the gifts.

Can captured his wife's every expression. From her surprised face to a small family of 'Pitircik' given to her by Cey Cey. "Did you see? He too enlarged the family. They will protect your children." said Cey Cey.

"Ah, how cute, Cey Cey!" replied Sanem.

She was teary-eyed at the sight of a super-cute outfit for the future unborn. Ayhan gave her three birth diaries.

Osman and Adile some baby suits with the words "I love my Mummy" "I love my Daddy. "I love my brothers."

Leyla and Emre, the kit for farrier feet and hands once they are born.

Deniz gave her a night lamp that reproduces the starry sky.

Bulut a carion. Everyone were amazed by his gift. "Deren helped me. OK?" he admitted, seeing everyone's faces.

"Ah, now it's all explained." said Cey Cey.

"What do you mean?" he asked defensively.

The rest of the team really gave everything away. Metin gave not only a beautiful bouquet of flowers for the mother-to-be, but also some very elegant family photo frames. "Can will fill them with his photos." he added.

"Oh, thank you Metin." replied Sanem.

"It's a pleasure." he replied.

"Isn't that right, daddy?" elbowed Metin at him.

Can laughed. "It's true. It's true."

Akif gave away some nice storybooks.

Sanem's parents gave the parents-to-be, a gold pendant engraved with the silhouette of a small family of five.

"Mum? Dad? It's beautiful! You shouldn't have!" their little girl replied shocked.

"Really nice thought, thank you." Can replied.

"I hope you enjoy it, children. We know you like to wear bracelets, necklaces, anklets and so on, so we thought a nice pendant that is the same for both of you would be a nice gift. You can wear it as you like." Nihat said.

"Thank you very much, Papa Nihat, Mama Mevkibe," Can repeated again.

"Oh, hug us children!" Exclaimed Mevkibe moved.

It was a beautiful four-way hug, which was immediately immortalised by Cey Cey.

Muzo gave a gift of bibs. "But we also have another gift from the whole agency for you."

"Tadaaan!" said Cengiz, pulling out two t-shirts that read "Super future mum" and "Super future dad".

"Ah, how cute!" commented Deren, as Can and Sanem put them on.

"Strike a pose, I'll take you a picture." said Emre, taking his mobile phone.

"Now... let the party begin! Wuuhuuh!" exclaimed Ayhan.

"Muzo, put on the music!" she added.

Everyone danced, ate, drank and enjoyed themselves.

At one point, Can left the group of friends he was talking to and joined Sanem who was left alone. He came up behind her and hugged her, resting his head on her.

"Are you enjoying yourself, Mrs Divit?" he asked.

"Very much. Look at all the presents they gave us. Look, how cute!" said Sanem pointing to a pair of little shoes.

"Very cute. Really, very, very very cute!" exclaimed Can kissing her on the neck.

"What did you think of the party?" he asked her curiously.

"Wow! It was really a surprise. That's it, a nice surprise. I was shocked at the moment, I must admit. You did really well. Even hiding it!" she replied, stamping a kiss on her husband's cheek.

"I was thinking... do you remember when you told me we needed the right occasion to announce a certain thing?" said Can in her ear.

"Ah, yes, I remember..." she replied.

"What are you saying? Could this be the right occasion? Everyone is here." said Can looking at everyone present.

"But yes!!! Great idea, my hubby!" she said, stroking his cheek.

"But we'll do it my way! Follow me." said Sanem taking him by the hand, dragging him along.

They reached the chair with the three balloons attached. Can drew everyone's attention.

"A moment's attention, please," he said aloud.

Sanem took a glass and rattled it with her knife.

"I want to make a speech." Can communicated.

"What? Can Divit wants to make a speech? Did I get that right?" exclaimed Emre sarcastically.

"This night gets more and more unexpected, Mr Emre!" said Cey Cey beside him.

"I agree, Cey Cey." he replied.

"I want to thank everyone for helping in the success of this beautiful surprise. You were magnificent. Thank you from the bottom of my heart." summed up Can.

"Yes, friends, thank you all from the bottom of my heart for the beautiful gifts and the wonderful surprise. You are really special. I love you all!" thanked Sanem.

"Ah, you deserve them all, sis!" shouted Leyla.

"But..." said Can, "Just as you, towards Sanem, have kept the secret of the party until today, now it will be my wife and I who will tell you a secret we have been keeping for a while." Said Can, intriguing everyone.

"Yes, there is one thing you have been asking us continuously since I have been pregnant." gave a hint Sanem.

"Names!!!" exclaimed Ayhan.

"Exactly!" she replied pointing her finger at her best friend.

"So now we will reveal them to you." said Can taking the light blue balloon tied to the left armrest of the chair.

Can wrote the name on top of the blue one with a marker, without being seen by the others. Then he passed the marker to Sanem who did the same with the second balloon, the first pink. In order not to show the name while writing the last one, Can shielded himself so that no one would see anything. Once he had finished with the third one too, Sanem turned it towards herself so that it would not be seen.

"Are you ready?" he asked.

Everyone was dying of curiosity. A chorus of yes was heard.

"1- 2- 3!" exclaimed Sanem. Both she and Can turned the balloons around and displayed the names.

"Ah! Deniz! Yildiz and Ates!" shouted Cey Cey. "Ah! It's just like in the book!" he continued to shout.

"It's just like in the ending of Phoenix and the Albatross!" commented Ayhan.

A murmur of surprise followed.

Everyone congratulated them.

"So, as you see, the names have always been under your noses!" exclaimed Sanem.

"Why did you chose the names in the book? I didn't understand." said Deniz.

"Ah, here we go again." said Muzo shaking his head.

"Well, actually, Can and I always said that if we ever had children, we would name them that. Baby names came first." explained Sanem.

"That's true! And as fate would have it, they are also twins. Kind of like Sanem imagined in the book." Can added, holding her close.

"Yes, well, in that case it was twins and a little brother. But as fate would have it, they were all triplets." the writer pointed out.

"Is the meaning of the names also the same?" asked Deniz.

"In some respects it is. Many things led Can and me to these names. How can I explain it to you? Let's see... there! The sea has always been part of our history, for better or worse. The stars also, and even the fire that burns, is the basis of our relationship." explained Sanem.

"And you know? Can and I have often had the same dreams about our children without the other knowing. If this is not destiny..." she added.

"They were premonitory dreams!" exclaimed Cey Cey.

"I think our children were already part of our destiny much earlier than we expected." Sanem replied.

Can agreed.

"So, do you like them?" he then asked aloud. "Do we have your approval?" He asked in a joking tone with a smile on his lips.

"They are perfect!" commented Deren.

"Just right for you!" exclaimed Leyla.

"The summary of your story." Ayhan replied softly.

Meanwhile, the sun had set quickly and it was getting dark. Suddenly, a car arrived.

"Who is it?" asked Sanem.

"I don't know." replied Can. "Are we waiting for someone?"

"Not that I know of." replied his wife.

Two doors slammed and then an unmistakable voice echoed through the air even before her. A cheerful, happy, ringing voice.

"It can't be!" exclaimed Sanem.

"Who?" they all asked.

It was at that moment that Mihriban emerged hand in hand with Aziz.

"I can't believe it!" shouted Sanem.

"Dad!" Emre and Can exclaimed in chorus.

"Mihriban!" Deniz and Sanem exclaimed in chorus.

"Good evening guys! Wow! There's a party here, I see!" said Aziz elatedly.

"Welcome to the mother-to-be!" read Mihriban. He exchanged a look with Aziz and said. "We have arrived at the right time, it seems! There is no party without Mihriban!"

"Can, Emre! My children, how I have missed you!" exclaimed Aziz hugging them both.

"Deniz! Darling what a pleasure to see you again!" said Mihriban hugging her.

"Sanem!" she then exclaimed upon seeing her. She covered her mouth with her hands. Her eyes filled with tears. Sanem was already crying.

She wiped her tears and with a shrug of her shoulders justified herself: "It's the pregnancy..."

"Let me see you." she said, looking at her sharply.

Sanem placed Mihriban's hands on her baby bump to show how much it had grown since the last phone call.

"Ah, I can't believe it, child! Come here, let me give you a hug!" she said, Then she added. "Let me hug you 4 both." remembering the children.

They hugged each other for a long time.

"Don't cry like that, my child. In your state..." said Mihriban trying to calm her down. "How I have missed you!" she exclaimed looking at Can beside her as well. "Can son, let me give you a hug!"

"Sanem, my child! How beautiful you are!" said Aziz.

"Ah, father Aziz, welcome back. You don't know what a pleasure it is to see you back here safe and together!" exclaimed Sanem with a smile.

"Ah, we missed you so much! But tell me, how are you? How are my grandchildren?" he asked her immediately impatiently.

"Good, good." replied Can hugging Sanem. The pregnancy is progressing well, we are getting closer and closer..."

"I can see that." replied Aziz.

"Mr Aziz!" exclaimed Cey Cey and Muzo.

"Mihriban, welcome back!" exclaimed Metin and Bulut.

"Boys! What a pleasure to see you again!" said Aziz, hugging everyone.

"Ah, my favourite in-laws! Mevkibe? You look good!" hugged Aziz. Then it was her husband's turn. "Congratulations! Nihat, my friend, how are you?"

"Good Aziz. Very good. You?" he asked sincerely curious.

"Ah, now that I see you all again, very good." replied Aziz.

"But what did we interrupt? What is this party?" he asked.

"It's a surprise party Can organised for his wife and you future grandchildren, Mr Aziz!" exclaimed Cey Cey. "To celebrate them, before the last most difficult months." he explained.

"Ah! Son, what a good husband! My lion!" he praised, stroking him.

"See daddy!" said Emre.

"Leyla, my child!" he hugged her too.

"Metin! Akif!" Ah, but you're all here!" commented the founder of Fikri Harika.

Mihriban also greeted the whole team.

Then Sanem introduced his friends.

"Mihriban? Meet Ayhan!" exclaimed Sanem.

"Ayhan? That Ayhan? Your best friend? The one you used to tell me about?" she asked surprised.

"That's the one!" exclaimed Sanem.

"Ah, what a pleasure, my child!" she exclaimed, embracing her affectionately.

"Ah, the pleasure is all mine! I was looking forward to meeting you. Sanem has told me so much about you. Congratulations on the estate! It's beautiful!" reciprocated Ayhan.

"Oh, how kind! Thank you. If it is so, it is only thanks to these guys here." replied Mihriban jokingly pointing at Can and Sanem and Deniz and Bulut.

"This is her brother Osman. And this is his wife Adile." Sanem pointed at them.

"How do you do!" exclaimed Mihriban with a smile.

"Nice to meet you!" replied Osman and Adile politely.

"But are they the actors?" asked Aziz.

"Yes, that's them. The actors from the TV series." replied Ayhan.

Sanem looked at her and took the opportunity to introduce her best friend to him.

"Daddy Aziz, this is Ayhan my childhood best friend from the neighbourhood. We are like sisters!" she explained.

"Ah! Sanem has told me a lot about you. I am very curious to meet my daughter-in-law's friends." replied Aziz shaking her hand.

"Ah! That's right, Aziz! You are right. I remember." exclaimed Mihriban suddenly thinking back.

"They looked like familiar faces to me!" he exclaimed when he recognised them.

"How are you? I'm Aziz Divit. I am Emre and Can's father." he introduced himself, shaking his hand.

"Ah, fine thanks. And you?" replied Osman.

"You know, Dad. Osman became an actor through our agency!" explained Can to him.

"Really? Wow, you've really come a long way son. Congratulations!" he praised him.

"I thank you. That's very kind of you." replied Osman.

"And? What did we miss?" asked Mihriban.

"What, you rather, don't tell us anything?" asked Sanem. "If you're back, it means everything is OK. Problem solved?"

"Problem absolutely cancelled! Solved. Poof! No more, guys!" she replied all happy.

"Really?" asked Sanem incredulously.

"Yes!" she replied. "But we'll talk about it calmly at another time.

Let's get back to you instead. Then tell us what were you doing?" she asked looking around.

"Can and Sanem just told us the names of the babies!" exclaimed Cey Cey.

"Ah! Really? Can we know them too?" asked Aziz.

"Dad, of course we'll tell you! Here they are!" exclaimed Can, showing the names on the balloons.

"Deniz, Yildiz and Ates.!" he said, pointing at them.

"Ah! But they are wonderful!" exclaimed Grandpa Aziz elatedly.

"One minute, one minute, one minute. Where have I heard them before? Wait let me think." he thought.

"Ah! In the book. In the Phoenix and the Albatross. Isn't that the ending you wrote Sanem?" he asked her out of the blue.

"That's right!" she replied stunned at her father-in-law's memory.

"Ah, of course! That's where I had heard them again!" exclaimed Mihriban still dazed from the trip.

"And they are twins, I remind you!" implied Sanem.

"You had twins in the book too, didn't you?" said Mihriban.

"Two if I'm not mistaken, is that right?" asked Aziz confidently.

"Yes, and a little brother." added Can.

"Well, in this case they will all be triplets." replied Sanem.

"Three is the perfect number, my girl! Ah, then let's celebrate guys! What are we waiting for?" he incited them elatedly.

"Ah! Yes, let's celebrate, but first let's get the cakes in!" said Deren.

"Leyla, Deniz and Ayhan came out of the loft with three cakes. Two pink and one blue, made entirely of nappies.

"Here they are!" exclaimed Deniz.

"Ah, a nice little joke for our mummy!" exclaimed Leyla sarcastically. "Look, you'll need nappies and lots of them!" she quickly made it clear as soon as she saw her sister's expression.

Can and Sanem burst out laughing. "Thank you!"

"This is the real cake!" exclaimed Mevkibe, inviting everyone to approach the table.

"Ah, how beautiful, Mama!" exclaimed Sanem. "Phew! How mouth-watering! It smells so good!"

"Blow, my children! Both of you! Can you too!" his mother-in-law shot him back.

They both blew.

Someone from the team exclaimed: "Make a wish!"

They closed their eyes and blew.

"Thank you all, from the bottom of my heart. Now everything is perfect!" exclaimed Sanem after making a wish and blowing out the candles with Can.

"I, if you please, would like to make a toast to my father and Mrs Mihriban on their return," Can exclaimed.

"And I a toast to Can and Sanem and my grandchildren on the way!" exclaimed Aziz.

Everyone toasted their health.

"And now let the real party begin!!! Music!" Muzo exclaimed.

The party continued. While everyone was enjoying themselves to the music, Cey Cey slowly managed to approach Ayhan.

"Ayhan can we talk?"

"OK." she replied.

They moved to the garden of Can and Sanem's family cottage, on the deckchairs by the pool.

"Uhm, how are you, Ayhan?" said Cey Cey a little stammeringly.

"Fine, Cey Cey. You?" she asked a little shyly.

"Good, yes." he replied in a few words.

"You look good." he then complimented, referring to her new form.

"Ah, thank you." said Ayhan looking at herself.

"You look good too." she said looking at Cey Cey's shirt.

"Is this your handiwork?" she asked him.

"What?" he asked thoughtlessly.

"The shirt, I mean." she clarified.

"Ah, yes. Yes I sewed it." replied Cey Cey lowering his head.

"Ah, I thought so." she commented simply, dropping the subject.

"I have a recognisable style, didn't i?" he asked rhetorically.

Ayhan nodded her head yes, she was embarrassed.

"It's a good party, isn't it?" she asked then trying to loosen up a bit.

"Ah, yes, yes. Very nice. Sanem is very happy and Can is too. The surprise is successful." replied Cey Cey.

"You helped too?" asked Ayhan.

"Yes, that is, Muzo and I took turns with the others for the organisation." he explained briefly.

"Ah, I see. So that Sanem would not suspect." specified Ayhan.

"That's right." replied Cey Cey.

"You knew about the party?" he asked.

"Yes, it was Can who contacted me. He told me that after our last phone call, Sanem was a bit down in the dumps. She would have liked to see me again before the delivery. So I caught up with her before the last few months, before she is forced to stay still in bed." she explained.

"You did well. And you are not alone. You also brought your brother and his wife" he pointed out to her.

"Yeah." she replied.

"They are very beautiful together. I'm happy for Osman." replied Cey Cey cordially.

"Yes, they are, they are." Ayhan replied, looking at them thoughtfully.

There was a moment of awkward silence.

"And... tell me, what is it like coming back to Istanbul after such a long time?" asked her to downplay Cey Cey.

"Well, actually, I haven't really been to downtown Istanbul. Since I arrived, I've only seen the estate and the agency, but it's been nice." said Ayhan.

"Haven't you ever missed it?" asked Cey Cey.

"Yes, I missed it sometimes." she admitted.

"Ayhan..."

"Cey Cey..." they both began their speech in unison.

They burst out laughing.

"Excuse me." replied Ayhan lowering her head to hide a smile.

"No, please excuse me. Ladies first." he replied like a true gentleman.

"Cey Cey, I'm sorry." exclaimed Ayhan suddenly, lowering her head. "There, I said it." she said to herself.

"Exactly what are you sorry for?" he asked precisely.

"For never being heard from again. For practically disappearing into thin air. For never looking for you. I'm sorry, I was selfish." she admitted.

"What I don't understand is why? Why did you completely cut me out of your life? That I could never understand." In an instant, without realising it, they found themselves facing the thorniest issue between them. The hardest stone that had been dividing them for years now. Then he continued. "When you left, I thought we would stay in touch. OK, you wanted time to yourself. And I understand that, after what had happened, but... I swear after all these years why you never got in touch still eludes me." admitted Cey Cey truthfully.

"CeyCey..." she began.

"And not just with me! Even with Muzo. I only found out by chance that you had changed your phone number, otherwise I would never have found out and worried further! Because your number was perpetually unreachable. We only spoke a few times at first and then... nothing. Was I that important to you?" asked Cey Cey sarcastically, slowly warming up that the past was coming back.

"No! Cey Cey listen..." she tried to continue.

"Maybe it's because of what you found out? Huh? I know, that you went to my village. And I know you met my grandmother. And if I put the pieces of this intricate puzzle together, it turns out, as it happens, that your absence dates right after that moment!" Cey Cey was now annoyed.

"What are you talking about Cey Cey? You are exaggerating!" got nervous Ayhan.

"Oh yeah? Then explain." he retorted decisively.

"I'll explain if you let me talk!" she replied testily in turn.

"Please, go on, explain." he huffed.

"It's true! I've been to your village, but there was nothing that weirded me out or anything. That village is you, it represents you. There is nothing scandalous that I found out by talking to your grandmother or other locals. Nothing. On the contrary, I was happily surprised. Your village is very beautiful," Ayhan commented.

"Ah, do you really think so?" asked Cey Cey hinting at a smile.

"Of course, silly!" she exclaimed, resting a hand on his arm.

"Now I understand why you are like this. Your phobias, your anxieties, your fears. And it made me realise so much about me too. I wasn't understanding at all... and I'm a life coach. I'm supposed to empathise with a person, not mock them for their fears." admitted Ayhan truthfully.

"That visit was good for me. I realised that I had to work on myself first. And that's where my growth, transformation or whatever you want to call it started." she explained to him.

"What do you mean?" he asked still uncertain.

"I studied, graduated and really became a life coach, licensed to work. I started taking better care of myself. I started to train seriously, to eat well. I needed to lose myself, that's why I didn't get in touch any more. I didn't recognise myself anymore." Ayhan told him.

"So it is thanks to the village that you found your way back, is that what you are saying?" asked Cey Cey.

Ayhan nodded her head yes.

"When I returned to Bursa, I decided that I would only appear before you again when I had truly found myself again. When I knew who I was." Ayhan pointed out.

"And did you find her? Do you know who you are now?" Cey asked her curiously.

"Yes, I do. I don't regret everything I did, but one thing I do. Cutting you out. It was not fair. Not at all. It's just that as time went on, I was procrastinating and saying 'now I'm going to contact him, now I'm going to call him', but every time I tried, I wondered: "but what do I tell him? What, I was stuck. "With what nerve am I going to contact him again?" I repeated to myself. I was finally aware of my behaviour, you know?" I couldn't find the words. After all that time, what could I expect? You have your career, your life. I built mine.... Anyway, forgive me for everything. I know you've been sick. Sanem told me." she spat out.

"You said you know who you are now. Who are you Ayhan?" asked Cey Cey dark in the face.

"I am Ayhan, a neighbourhood girl who loves seeds, who loves her life coaching job, who loves solving people's problems. Who loves movies and cartoons. A lazy one who has learnt to love herself more and work hard to get what she wants. This is Ayhan with her good points, her flaws, changes in look and narrower waist. It's still me!" she tried to convince him.

"That's what I wanted to hear. Welcome back Ayhan." exclaimed Cey Cey showing the shadow of a smile.

"Thank you. Do you forgive me?" she asked him.

"I have nothing to forgive you for. I am happy for you." replied Cey Cey sincerely.

"Really?" she asked softly.

"Of course." said Cey Cey opening his arms. "A hug?"

"Ah, come here, Cey Cey." she said holding him close.

"I'm glad we cleared that up," Ayhan exclaimed afterwards. He could still feel that electric rush that had once accompanied them during their history.

"So am I. And... I guess you're going back to Bursa tonight. I heard your brother talking about it earlier." said Cey Cey in a sad tone.

"Ah, uhm, yes... work calls," he replied, cutting it short.

"Too bad, I would have liked to see you again." he admitted.

"Who knows! Maybe you'll see me again sooner than you think." she replied in a low voice. In a completely inaudible tone.

"Cengiz? Ayhan? Ah! You are here! Come on join the others, you've disappeared! But what were you talking about so alone on the sidelines?" asked Muzo with a languid smile.

"Ah, you finally made it! What's it like being partners in Fikri Harika, eh, strange couple?" asked Ayhan to both of them.

"Ah, whatever. When one has an entrepreneurial talent, one can't let it rot in a corner, right or wrong, Cey Cey?"

"No, of course, of course, Muzo. Besides, it was a foregone conclusion that a figure like mine, with so much experience gained within the agency, would not become part owner." Cey Cey gave himself a tone.

"Ah, of course, of course! An indispensable figure indeed." Ayhan teased him.

"Ah, me if you are the company bartender!" replied Muzo. "Barman, please! Muzo, I care about my title! I even took a professional course, you know." he added.

"Ah, why don't you call the bar Cey Cey's café?" Ayhan suddenly proposed.

"Ah, but great idea, Ayhan! Why didn't I think of that before!" he exclaimed, slamming his fist on the deckchair.

"Ah, we missed your ideas, girl!" replied Muzo patting Ayhan on the shoulder. She did not move. Evidently the musculature of the last few years she had inherited from her brother.

"Ah, I'll propose it to Sanem and Can. Do you agree Muzo?" she asked.

"I am. I like it." he replied doing ok with his fingers.

"OK, so the 2% partners are already agreed, we just need to convince the remaining 98%." he replied proudly.

"Wait, wait! You only have two per cent?" she asked holding back a laugh.

"Yes, one percent me and one percent Cey Cey, why?" asked Muzo squaring her.

Ayhan burst out laughing.

"What are you laughing at, child?" asked Muzo of her.

"And no wonder Cey Cey is still at the counter and you at the archive then! I mean... with two per cent what did you expect?" she teased them.

"Ayhan, are you by any chance mocking us?" asked Muzo explicitly.

"No, no... we'd miss you, you're lucky anyway!" replied Ayhan holding back a laugh.

Cey Cey and Muzo crossed their arms like two children.

"Ah, come on don't be like that, I was joking! Ah, you don't remember my jokes anymore? I must refresh your memory a little then! Come on, let's go!" she said positioning himself between them, passing her arms around the shoulders of one and the other.

"Ah, how I have missed you!" she exclaimed, holding them close.

"Ehm, yes, watch out folks, the trio is back!" shouted Muzo as they returned to the party. Then he exclaimed: "We're back baby!"

"Muzo! That's my phrase! I own the rights to it! There's the copywright!" exclaimed Cey Cey chasing after him as his friend got lost in the crowd. Ayhan chased after them, just like in the old days. 

__________________________________

Hello reader :)

Thank you for reading the thirty-ninth chapter of the story.

If you'd like to leave me a comment.

Until the next chapter!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.2K 3K 28
Sanem lost her parents and older sister in a car accident when she was only eight. Mirhiban, the wife of Aziz Divit, the owner of the hotel where San...
7.3K 847 12
🔥💣WARNING!!💣🔥 To read this story, well...a good imagination would be great; you need to imagine and remember the scenes before and after the sce...
21.1K 2.2K 55
On the one side of instanbul in the mahalle , Sanem dreams of the day that she can get away from her abusive step father. But her father has differen...
112K 4.8K 22
What if Can never lost his memory? So, let's start when they kiss one year later.