1. THIS IS ONLY THE BEGIN. ST...

By FeniceAlbatros32

Did you fall in love with Can and Sanem's fairy tale and were left with that longing to know how the story wo... More

MESSAGE FROM THE AUTHOR
1. Bodrum - Orak island
2. The idea
3. Mihriban's estate
4. Istanbul - the last boat awakening
5. Time to return
6. The homecoming of CapCan and Macho
7. Tatoo
8. The arrival
9. Home sweet home
10. In the vegetable garden
11. Sister Mihriban
12. The plan in the agency
13. First night on the mainland
14. The surprise
15. Chaos in the agency
16. They are back, baby!
17. Life Change
18. Welcome back Can & Sanem
19. Metin
20. A new chapter
21. Aunt Remide's project
22. And now?
23. Awakenings that are good for the heart
24. For every beautiful thing
25. Not a farewell, but a goodbye
26. The envelope
28. The Decision
29. The signature
30. The family house
31. Signals
32. In sickness and in health
33. Life's best surprise
34. The first ultrasound scan
35. The announcement
36. Sometimes they return
37. An unexpected arrival
38. Face to face with Ayhan
39. Surprise within a surprise
40. The nursery
41. The new member of "The Sanem"
42. Dear diary...
43. -1
44. Presentations
45. The launch of the trilogy
46. Three: the perfect number
47. Return to normality
48. Ladies' night
49. Memoirs
50. Days to remember
51. And they all lived happily ever after (FINAL CHAPTER)

27. For Can & Sanem

871 68 4
By FeniceAlbatros32

 They arrived at the estate in a hurry, while Metin's words resounded in their heads.

"Close to where we were at the party..." Sanem thought as she got out of the car.

"It must be there in the cottage where I used to stay. Let's have a look." Can said.

They went around the pool and the porch... but nothing. They looked in every crevice and under every cushion of the outside seats, but still nothing. Then they checked the windowsills of all the windows, going round every side of the house.

Sanem found herself on the porch, in front of the glass windows, next to the glass door leading to the kitchen. She looked inside and one thing immediately caught her attention. "The envelope!" shouted Sanem. "The envelope! I found it!" shouted Can who was checking the opposite perimeter of the house.

"Really? Where is it?" shouted Can turning back to her.

"It's in the kitchen, Can!"

Sanem looked around for something to get inside... crowbars there were none this time, how was she going to smash that glass? Then she saw a rake that Bulut or Mihriban had evidently left there unattended, leaning against one of the porch columns. She grabbed it and ran towards the door with the intention of breaking it down. It was Can who stopped her attack by grabbing the stick. He had reached the door and was waiting for her.

"Hop, hop, hop! What are you doing?" once the handle of the rake was locked. The tip of the stick pointing towards him. "What are your intentions? Are you going to spear and skewer me?" asked Can in curiosity.

"Oh God!" exclaimed Sanem realising the danger only then.

"Move over Can, I'll open the door so we can get in."

"Are you sure this is the best way?" asked Can amused with a hint of sarcasm in his voice.

"We have no alternative. It's locked for sure." replied Sanem with conviction.

Can put his hand on the handle, and opened it.

"It's already open Sanem. Didn't you check?" he asked her while holding back a smile.

"Ahhh... no, um... I was convinced it was locked. I didn't try to open it." she replied guiltily, lowering her head.

Can laughed at the funny look on his wife's face.

"But why do you always complicate your existence?" he asked her rhetorically, smiling.

"Ah, ouch... whatever." she replied, leaning the rake against the wall.

"Of course, Mihriban will be very happy to know that her door survived a ram attack. I'm sure it did." replied Can.

"Ah, come on, don't tease me." she replied.

"Out of curiosity, what movie did you take inspiration from this time, with a move like that? I'm curious." continued Can laughing.

"Ha, ha, ha, I don't think you know that movie, my dear Can Divit. You didn't even know the lift one, remember?" she reminded her defensively.

"Oh, yeah the lift one... sure, where they were fighting on top of it, and then they opened the trapdoor and threw the bodies in... that one you say?" he replied, remembering the scene.

"Exactly. I see you remember my words." she replied sarcastically.

"Don't tell me this move is also part of those movies! Is it by any chance a saga?" asked Can laughing.

"I'll get the rake back!" she threatened him.

Can could not contain himself and burst out laughing.

"Laugh Can Divit, one of these nights I will force you to watch all those films one by one. Then you will know them well. You'll get educated." she replied confidently.

"Well, I might even like them, they are action films after all... I like action." he replied, dismantling Sanem's tactic.

"Ah, come on! But if you've always denigrated them until today." she counterattacked.

"But if you've always said, 'what films do you watch'?" Sanem exclaimed in the same tone of voice as her husband.

"Well, I might have changed my mind. For love this and more." replied Can bringing his face closer to Sanem's. He stopped just inches from her lips.

"Mh, Can Divit, you are such a rascal!" she replied looking into his dark, sweet eyes. Then she smiled, relaxed, stroked his face, gave him a quick kiss and exclaimed, "Come on, let's go inside! Let's not get distracted."

They entered the house and approached the kitchen floor. On the island was an envelope written: "FOR CAN & SANEM" in Mihriban's handwriting.

Sanem looked at Can, then took the envelope and weighed it in her hands. It was not light. They exchanged a puzzled look. She opened it.

There were two sheets of paper inside. Sanem was captivated by Mihriban's handwriting. It was a letter.

She opened it. Can looked at it and said, "You read it."

Can and Sanem,

my dear children, by the time you read this letter I will already be far away. I am writing to you because it is not easy for me to leave you. I don't like goodbyes and I have never liked them. I have thought and thought about what I could have said to you and how I could have expressed it in person, but words fail me. It's really difficult for me... So I thought writing you a letter would be easier.

I have decided to leave the estate. I don't know for how long. I hope for as long as it takes for the situation with Selim to be resolved. Don't feel sorry for me. I can take care of myself, I have done it for many years. I'm going to join Aziz in Cuba. I need to talk to him. I can't bear the idea that he's putting himself in danger for me, and... I need to see him. Especially, after finding out about his condition. I want to know why he kept it from me, and I want to apologise again for the way things went between us. I will try to make him see reason, Selim's issue is between me and my family. I don't want to feel responsible if anything happens to him. Volkan called me. He said he has gathered a lot of information. He is following Selim's movements and the people who are covering for him. I can no longer sit here waiting for news, I need to be part of it, that's why I decided to follow the investigator. I will leave for Cuba tonight, and he will be waiting for me at the airport when I land. He will take me to Aziz, he has already tracked him down.

I will keep you updated as soon as there are concrete developments. I am happy to have you in my life and on my estate. You are like sons to me! Don't forget that. I could not wish for better people by my side... and that is why I made the decision. I know very well how much you love the estate. How many memories you have created here, and I also know that your dream home has more or less the characteristics that you find here. I know you were looking for a property around here... the village speaks. That is why I have decided to donate the house this letter is in, Sanem's loft and the surrounding plots of land to you! Guys, I have always told you that the estate is too big for me, and seeing you so happy and carefree in it, has really brought light and hope back into my life. With your return, you have given me back the will to fight through this difficult time and for that I will never know how to thank you.

Remember: It is not you who have chosen the estate, it is the estate who has chosen you. So if you accept, it will be yours. And in my heart, I hope so. Metin is aware of everything. He will take care of the paperwork. They are ready. They are just waiting for your signature. From then on you will be the owners. My house and the surrounding land are already too much for me. I can't take care of the rest. I really hope you'll accept. Take it as a belated wedding present.You can make all the changes you want to make it yours. Think of the future.

I love you, my children.

See you soon.

Yours,

Mihriban

Sanem was shocked. "What?!" she exclaimed. "She gave us this house?"

"Yeah... and the one where we are staying now!" exclaimed Can, also stunned.

"And all the surrounding land..." Sanem continued, handing the letter to her husband.

He read it again in silence. He was incredulous.

Sanem remained silent, still holding the envelope and the rest of the contents. She watched Can reread each line.

"I am speechless," she exclaimed.

"Me too," Can replied.

"What else is in the envelope?" he asked her.

Sanem pulled out the keys. "These must be from here." she replied.

"We'll see right away." exclaimed Can as he headed for the front door.

He tried them on. "Yes, these are the keys." he replied. Then he took out his mobile phone and called Metin.

"Metin?" he asked.

"Brother, so did you find the envelope?" he asked in turn on the other end of the phone.

"We found it. Is this a joke?!" asked Can incredulously.

"No, Can, not at all. Mihriban asked me to prepare the papers and the notary's appointment is already set. She wanted everything ready in case you agree. The choice is yours. If you are not, I can always cancel the appointment. Believe me Can, I followed the matter, everything is under control. I can only tell you that... Mrs Mihriban loves you very much." concluded Metin's speech.

"We know and we love her too... but, I admit that this time Sanem and I are really speechless." replied Can in bewilderment.

"I can imagine." exclaimed Metin.

"And... have you made a decision?" he asked.

"No... we just read it, we have to process." Can replied, stalling.

"OK, my friend. It's only fair. Take some time to reflect. The notary is an old acquaintance of mine and Mihriban, he will have no problem receiving you as soon as you have decided." he concluded.

"OK, thanks Metin, we'll let you know." Can replied absently.

"Alright, brother, if you have any questions, I'm available," Metin offered.

"I know." replied Can.

"Ah, Can! Bulut and Deniz have already left the agency. I am on my way back to the studio. They are probably on their way to the estate." he reminded him before hanging up.

"OK, thanks for the information. We'll be in touch, Metin. See you soon." he hastened to say Can.

"Say hello to Sanem." was Metin's reply.

"Definitely, bye." he replied, cutting it short.

"Bye." replied Metin.

Can hung up.

Sanem, meanwhile, was reading the second sheet of paper inside the envelope. It was a summary of everything they would get with their signature.

Can also approached to read that paper while standing behind Sanem's back.

"This is surreal. I mean... it's unbelievable, Can." said Sanem with sparkling eyes.

"Yeah... Metin said Bulut and Deniz left the agency. Better go back home. We'll take care of it there." replied Can thoughtfully.

"Alright." confirmed Sanem.

Can let Sanem out and locked the kitchen door. He still had the set of keys.

"Yes let's go." repeated Sanem waiting for him.

They returned home, closed the windows and went to the bedroom. The weather was changing. Black clouds presaged rain.

A few hours later Sanem got out of the shower and sat down in the middle of the bed. She had had a long call with the American publisher for the book release, after which she had taken an equally long shower to shake off the shock and stress.

Can, on the other hand, had moved into the living room to talk to Deren on the phone. He had to give the agency the go-ahead on some projects that were being delivered.

Sanem took the envelope with Mihriban's letter and stretched and re-read it. No. She needed to think, she couldn't sit still. In a moment the relaxing effect of the shower was gone.

So she dressed, and looked outside. The black clouds were only a distant memory now. The sun was shining again. She went into the living room hoping to find Can, but he was gone. He had left a note on the coffee table.

"I went for a run. You were in the shower and I didn't want to disturb you. I'll be back soon. I love you.

Your husband Can"

"Ah! how sweet!" exclaimed Sanem.

Then he took a blank sheet of paper and wrote:

"I'm taking a tour of the estate. I made you fresh lemonade. I love you too.

Your wife Sanem".

She placed the note on the kitchen counter next to the lemonade and went out. She walked towards the gate of the estate. She thought of walking to the dock, sitting there, tidying her thoughts and on the way back stopping at the creamery, but first he had to do something. He couldn't help herself. All afternoon Mihriban's letter was buzzing in her head, so she decided to return to the house Mihriban had given them. She passed under the porch. She had the keys with her, so she went in, took a tour of the rooms inside and came out. She walked around the pool, looked at the garden around it, then looked up and observed the house as a whole. Her gaze fixed itself on the terrace upstairs, on the roof, to be exact. She realised that she had never been up there. She headed for the stairs and reached the top. There was an outdoor living area with two sofas and a small table. She turned around, approached the railing and realised the view.

"Wow! You can see everything from here!" she muttered to herself. She was incredulous. She knew that Can used to come up here to read, but she had not imagined all this.

The terrace was exposed on three sides. In front of her, on the horizon, among the trees of the surrounding forest, she could see the sea. One could see the whole estate, below her the swimming pool and the surrounding garden. Turning to the left was the loft, the hammock, and the table outside that once hosted Fikri Harika's meetings. Then her boho-style armchair where she found inspiration to write her books, to the right she could see the vegetable garden and the surrounding forest that bordered Mihriban's house.

In that moment she relaxed.

Perhaps seeing nature had momentarily banished the thought of that letter, perhaps the shower was beginning to have its effect or perhaps it was because she had taken that urge to take a tour of the house inside and out... she did not know, but she felt tired. She yawned... she decided to sit on the sofa for two minutes. Then she thought that lying down would be better. She lay down, looked up at the now clear, cloudless sky and thought how good the stars would look from there. Slowly, with the sunset breeze cooling yet another hot late summer day, Sanem fell asleep.

THE DREAM...

I stood in a verdant field, surrounded by trees. A four-poster bed with snow-white curtains stood in the center of this clearing. The grass was tall. The curtains were moved by light gusts of wind. It looked like a fairy tale. It was strange. 

I could see myself asleep in the center of that big bed, with Can by my side and between us a little girl with long, wavy hair tending to blond. Can was sleeping on his side, with his face turned toward me and his arm around that little girl. 

I realized that I was literally a spectator of myself in that dream. Can looked so beautiful as he slept! With his hair down and the tender look of a child. Suddenly, among the tall grass, two more children popped up. A boy and a girl. The male was blond like the little girl in the bed, his hair was side parted, and his eyes were clear. From the way he moved he was very lively. He resembled Can. The other one, on the other hand, was a little girl, brunette, with long long hair, and a good talker--he heard her talking to the little boy next to her. And the eyes -- those eyes -- were so similar to mine! I was spellbound looking at them.

 The two children climbed onto the bed calling, "Daddy! Daddy!" Can woke up and looked at them as they exclaimed:"We are so hungry!"

"All right, all right, let's go then," Can still sleepy replied in a low voice answering both of them."I'm hungry like a wolf, too!" exclaimed the little girl who was sleeping between me and him suddenly waking up.

"All right, let's be quiet, let's be quiet, let's not wake up mom! Let's walk ... but let's go quietly," Can told them."We'll make chocolate creaps and eat them, okay?" he asked them to confirm."Yes!!!!" excitedly exclaimed the little girl who was sleeping between us."Okay." agreed Can with a sweet smile.

"Dad? Mom will be so angry! She'll say chocolate is unhealthy!" replied the little girl with dark hair who looks so much like me."Ah, my daughter! If she gets angry we'll make her eat it too! No one can resist my creaps!" promptly replied Can to the children.

Then I saw him turn toward me, while I was still sleeping beside him. I was resting on my side. My face was in his favor. Can looked at me in such a sweet way that it made my head spin. Suddenly a sly smile broke out on his face. Seeing Can looking at me in that blissful way was really exciting. I had always wondered how he looked at me while I slept. 

 Then he turned around and taking the little girl sleeping next to us by the hand said to them, "Come on let's go! The bus is leaving! Jump on my shoulders!" he said as she heard one of the children climb up. It was actually the little girl who was sleeping among us who climbed on him balancing herself by clinging to his neck."Go ahead, all right," Can replied. 

 The male, on the other hand, held him in his neck with his right arm, while the little girl who looked so much like me held her by her left hand that remained free. She was the only one walking alone. Laughing and joking they walked off into the tall grass of the clearing. 

At one point Can exclaimed: "To you I will prepare more creap, for you are walking!" addressing the little girl he was holding by the hand. I, on the other hand, had remained in bed. I was sleeping alone, in that four-poster bed in the middle of the green, like a princess waiting for her prince charming to come and kiss her, breaking the spell that held her motionless in a deep sleep. Only at that moment did I realize. Those children had names. I knew them. They were Deniz, Yildiz and Ates!

Hearing our imaginary children call Can "daddy" was a unique thrill. I realized that even I, who was only a spectator of myself within that dream, was moved. Can was so happy, with our children! Carefree and playful. He was such a sweet father. 

It had really been such a lucid dream that for a moment it seemed real. Tears kept streaming down his face, but Sanem she was happy. At one point she was as if sucked into a tunnel.... someone was touching her.

________________________

Hello reader :)

Thank you for completing the 27th chapter.

Would you like to leave me a comment?

Until the next chapter!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.8K 2.7K 32
This was not what Sanem had envisioned for her life. A young widow running her own publishing company..alone. She also never thought she'd love again...
32.9K 2.9K 65
14 year old Sanem, just received a scholarship for being top of her class, to one of the most prestigious schools in Instanbul. It won't be easy for...
239K 11.6K 36
Book 1 (Completed) Can break's up with Sanem after finding out she gave Fabri the perfume and also her involvement his licence being revoked. Heartbr...
11.1K 1.1K 15
🔥💣WARNING!!💣🔥 To read this story, well...a good imagination would be great; you need to imagine and remember the scenes before and after the sce...