1. THIS IS ONLY THE BEGIN. ST...

By FeniceAlbatros32

Did you fall in love with Can and Sanem's fairy tale and were left with that longing to know how the story wo... More

MESSAGE FROM THE AUTHOR
1. Bodrum - Orak island
2. The idea
3. Mihriban's estate
4. Istanbul - the last boat awakening
5. Time to return
6. The homecoming of CapCan and Macho
7. Tatoo
8. The arrival
9. Home sweet home
10. In the vegetable garden
11. Sister Mihriban
12. The plan in the agency
13. First night on the mainland
14. The surprise
15. Chaos in the agency
16. They are back, baby!
17. Life Change
18. Welcome back Can & Sanem
19. Metin
20. A new chapter
21. Aunt Remide's project
22. And now?
23. Awakenings that are good for the heart
24. For every beautiful thing
25. Not a farewell, but a goodbye
27. For Can & Sanem
28. The Decision
29. The signature
30. The family house
31. Signals
32. In sickness and in health
33. Life's best surprise
34. The first ultrasound scan
35. The announcement
36. Sometimes they return
37. An unexpected arrival
38. Face to face with Ayhan
39. Surprise within a surprise
40. The nursery
41. The new member of "The Sanem"
42. Dear diary...
43. -1
44. Presentations
45. The launch of the trilogy
46. Three: the perfect number
47. Return to normality
48. Ladies' night
49. Memoirs
50. Days to remember
51. And they all lived happily ever after (FINAL CHAPTER)

26. The envelope

879 65 7
By FeniceAlbatros32

 The next day was very busy right from the morning. Can and Sanem had met Bulut, who was busy loading more vegetables for the market. They arranged to meet at the agency at lunchtime. Can recommended that they phone him as soon as he and Deniz arrived at the entrance. They would meet them there.

Once at the company, they did not stop for a moment. They had a meeting with the creative team to check the work done for Mrs Remide, after which Sanem and Can locked themselves in the office to work on the book cover design. Shortly afterwards, they were also joined by Deren. The book had priority at the moment. The American publishing house had announced that the publication of the first volume would be in about two months' time and the other two would be another two months apart. Therefore, the design of all three covers had to be sent all at once.

Then they asked for another meeting with the creative members of Sanem. with her there were Can, Cey Cey, Muzo and Deren, to approve and edit the packaging for the new line. Once that meeting was also over, it was lunchtime. While the lovebirds waited in their office for Bulut and Deniz to arrive, they decided to order lunch. They both ordered cheese toasts and while they eated Sanem informed Can that she would be working from the estate the next day. She had to test some formulas for the new perfume line.

"That's why I'll be working from home." she repeated.

"So you're leaving me alone? I will come alone to the agency?" said Can a little sad.

"Can I cannot be there, unfortunately." Was Sanem's reply.

"Well... I could work from home too." he suggested.

"And who will take care of the agency? Deren?" she asked.

"Well, she has done it many times." replied Can.

"Can, we can't always give that responsibility to Deren. Besides, the final decisions have to be made by us. She should still warn us. At least one of us has to be here. I unfortunately have the workshop there, all the instruments, the flowers, etc... I have to stay there, but you come! Don't worry." she replied quietly.

"OK. You are right." replied Can. "But know that I will miss you so much!"

"I'll miss you too, but I'll still see you at the end of the day." she replied caressing him. He kissed her hand.

Sanem's phone rang. "Oh! It's Bulut!"

"Hello Bulut?" answered Sanem on the phone. "Ah, you're here at the front door. OK, wait, we'll come to you."

"OK, we're coming." And he hung up.

"Let me guess. They have arrived and are waiting for us at the entrance, am I right?" he guessed.

"That's right," she replied, smiling.

As always, the agency was deserted at that hour, so Can and Sanem arrived at the entrance surrounded by peaceful silence.

They saw them outside and waved them in.

"Wow Sanem, Can... is this the real Fikri Harika?" asked Deniz with wide eyes.

"Yes, Deniz. Don't be scared by the greyness outside, inside is a world full of colour. Welcome." said Sanem.

Bulut was not surprised. He had worked for the most prestigious foreign companies in the past, so he was not at all surprised by the building.

"Wow, really nice place." was his only comment.

"Thank you Bulut, welcome." replied Can welcoming him.

"Welcome Bulut." said Sanem. "Come, come in."

"Please follow us." said Can.

They entered.

"Come, let's go downstairs first, then we'll show you around here, 'upstairs'. What do you think Can?" was Sanem's idea.

"Yes, I agree." he replied with conviction.

They went down the stairs to the archive, and then took them again to get to the lower floor and reach the doors of 'Sanem'.

"Ready?" asked her trying to create some suspense.

"Come on little lamb. Show us. Don't keep us on our toes." replied Deniz eagerly.

"Ohhh, tadaaaaan!" exclaimed Sanem opening the door.

"Please come in!" invited them Can.

Bulut and Deniz took a tour of the space guided by Can and Sanem explaining what they had in mind. They exchanged a few ideas about it.

At the end of the tour, they went upstairs and guided them to the Fikri Harika. They showed them the archive where Muzo worked, the relaxation room, the large central table in the recreation room, with the little machines there, where they had meetings with the whole of Fikri Harika, the costume room and the recording room. Then they went up again. They returned to the entrance and from there, they headed for the Fikri Harika offices. They passed Cey Cey's famous coffee counter, the meeting room, the room currently used for Sanem, and finally Deren's headquarters, the creatives' stations. They were shown Deren's office, Emre's office, Leyla's office and finally their own, all clearly visible through the glass windows. Then they made them sit on the sofa in their office. The moment of truth had come.

"Well? The tour is over. What do you think?" asked Sanem curiously.

"Little lamb, am I really going to work here?" asked Deniz incredulously. "I can't believe it! This is wonderful. Thank you."

"Thank you for accepting, my friend," replied Sanem in reply.

"And what about you Bulut? You didn't say a word." commented Can.

"Well... it's really nice here. You really have everything. And... now I really understand Sanem's idea. I think it's a great project!" he admitted.

"What are you trying to tell us Bulut?" asked Sanem.

Would you like to be part of this project, then?" asked Can looking him straight in the eye.

"Well, I... I was thinking that...." he stammered.

"Come on Bulut!" urged Sanem.

"Now that you've seen the place...that you get Sanem's idea, would you like to work in a place like this?" asked Can again.

"Colourful, joyful and a bit crazy?" added Sanem.

"I mean... like I said, I really believe in Sanem's idea and I also think it's a good opportunity for everyone. So...I ACCEPT! I would love to work with you." admitted Bulut.

"Do you also go back to being an active partner in the company?" asked Can on tiptoe.

"If you want to..." replied Bulut with a shrug.

"Ah! Of course we want to! I think we'll make a good team! You made us sweat eh, this choice. Well done! Congratulations!" said Can jokingly to Bulut.

"Ah, really Bulut? Thank you, thank you, thank you! You won't regret it, I promise!" said Sanem elatedly hugging him out of the blue.

"Ah, you grouch! You wanted to be supportive, but admit it! You wanted to agree from the start!" said Deniz.

"Ah, but what are you saying Deniz! I had to make my points!" was his reply.

"Yes, of course. Now they are called considerations..." commented Deniz sarcastically. "Remember dear, you are my very first patient. You have been and are still under my psychoanalysis. So I know very well when you lie. I also know body language, remember?" said Deniz loud and clear, informing him.

Deniz looked at Sanem, winking at him. Sanem understood and so replied: "Deren will be very happy to hear that you have accepted." they both said to tease him. Then Sanem, in the direction of her husband mimicked: "I'm really curious to see how Mrs Deren will react."

"I guess we'll soon find out." Can replied in a low voice, winking in the direction of the door. Mrs Deren had definitely returned from her lunch break, because her voice echoed throughout the agency as she handed out homework to the creative team.

"Uhm, come with us," Can said to Bulut and Deniz.

"We are officially introducing you to the others." Sanem replied.

Can took his wife by the hand and they walked out of the office followed by Bulut and Deniz.

They reached the heart of the creative headquarters.

"Friends, your attention, please!" said Can in a clear, firm voice.

"You are back from lunch, you are fresh, relaxed.... good! I think it's a great time to officially introduce you two person." he replied.

A general murmur began, and when Deren, Cey Cey, Muzo, Leyla and Emre recognised two familiar figures behind Can and Sanem, they all exclaimed: "Bulut?! Deniz?! What are you people doing here?"

"Yes, some of you already know them. But the creative team not yet. So I officially announce to you that Bulut and Deniz..." said Sanem pointing first to one and then the other. "They are our first two new members of the Sanem team! A round of applause, thank you!" he asked.

"What?!" exclaimed Deren tearing her vocal cords apart.

"AH! Ouchaa!" exclaimed Cey Cey. "Arghhh!" he tried to imitate her without success. "Ah, I swear, she's not human, I always said so!" he commented.

"But what is it! Is she possessed?" asked Muzo looking at an astonished Cey Cey.

"No, it's her superpower," replied Cey Cey ironically. Then he ran to get Allah's eye against the evil eye.

Amid general applause, Muzo approached Deniz.

"Congratulations! So from now on you will be one of us.... bravo. And what exactly will you be in charge of?" he said in a superior tone.

"I'll be Sanem's personal secretary and corporate therapist. So watch out! If you have any problem I will see it and treat you!" replied Deniz trying to scare him.

"Ohh, how scary!!!" feigned Muzo in astonishment. Then he burst out laughing.

"We'll see, Muzo! We'll see!" she replied defiantly.

"Bulut? Congratulations man!" he said turning to him.

"Thank you Muzo." replied Bulut with a smile.

"What are you going to take care of?" he asked. 'We don't have any vegetable gardens to tend here. Although that wouldn't be a bad idea!" he said, bursting into one of his laughs.

Deren, who was listening to them on the sidelines, was curious about the answer.

"Uhm, Sanem?" he asked for confirmation of his idea.

"We will think about it Muzo. We will think about it." Sanem replied hastily.

"Ah, no problem, I found the right mix." replied Bulut.

"Muzooo!" called Cey Cey. "Come here!" he shouted.

Muzo excused himself and ran to Cengiz.

Leyla and Emre congratulated each other surprised but happy, both Deniz and Bulut. Everyone looked at Deren. She congratulated Deniz and then strutted up to Bulut with a firm step. She lowered her head and then said: "Congratulations forester. What is it? Did you get tired of nature and decide to return to civilised life?"

"It is probable." was his reply.

What do you mean 'probable'? To Muzo you said 'a mix'... a mix, in what sense?" she asked trying to get comprehensive answers. She hated evasive and incomplete answers like this. And Bulut aware of this enjoyed torturing her.

"A mix in the sense..." he tried to answer.

"Deren, in the sense that he will do both the cultivation of the plants for the creams, given his love for the land, and his real work. That is, he will act as our lawyer." Sanem replied.

"So I will have to see him every day?!" she asked on the verge of despair.

"Ah, kind! Don't worry, you will rarely see me." replied Bulut sarcastically.

"Wait! So that's why you told Metin at the party that you would see each other again... that you would be around, huh? You already knew that." said Deren in an accusatory tone.

"What are you talking about, Deren!" Bulut retorted seriously.

"Deren, you are wrong." intervened Deniz in defence of his friend.

"Deren, Deniz is right. How could he know, since the idea and the signing of the contract happened two days ago?" replied Sanem.

"Uhm, I... I don't know, I mean, that's what you said to Metin...." Deren began to stammer, looking at Bulut.

"Did someone say Metin?" He asked in person, popping up behind Can and Sanem.

"Metin? What are you doing here? Did something happen?" asked Can surprised. "I wasn't expecting you."

"Brother, I've called you a lot of times, but you didn't answer. So I came! I need to talk to you and Sanem about something. In private."

"Ah, I left my phone on the desk in the office. Sorry." remembered Can.

"Ah, welcome Metin." Sanem greeted him.

"Thank you Sanem, good morning. Sorry for the disturbance. Maybe it's a bad time, but it's urgent." he explained in a few words.

"No, it's not a bad time at all, on the contrary." Sanem replied.

"But, why are you all gathered like this? Is there a party and I wasn't invited by any chance?" asked Metin jokingly.

"We were introducing the two new members of Sanem's team to the rest of the Fikri Hairka." she replied.

"Ohh, and who would they be?" asked Metin curiously.

"Bulut and Deniz!" replied Sanem enthusiastically.

"Ah!" He exclaimed, turning back to Bulut in surprise.

"The colleague... Congratulations! And what will you be in charge of?" he asked with an imperceptible sense of annoyance.

"I'll be Sanem's corporate lawyer, as well as the one in charge of cultivating quality flowers for perfumes." replied Bulut seriously.

"Ohhh, interesting! A kind of peasant lawyer, I see." commented Metin.

A laugh escaped Deren, from which she quickly composed herself. Cey Cey had put a hand in front of her mouth so that she would not aggravate the tension that was already in the air.

"Mrs Deren, isn't that your throat? Ah! Don't strain yourself. You absolutely need a coffee, come with me. I'll make it for you now! I know her, she always has coffee after lunch!" tried to drag her away Cey Cey.

"Yeah, come, we'll walk you to the counter. Let's leave Mr Can and Mrs Sanem alone. They need to talk quietly with Mr Metin." said Muzo dragging her by the arm.

"Everyone get to work!!!" shouted Cey Cey to the rest of the team.

So you will work here?" asked Metin.

"When needed... Kinda like you." replied Bulut with a smirk.

"Yeah..." Metin turned to Deniz and congratulated. And what role will you play in the company?" asked Metin politely. With women, he was indeed a gentleman.

"I will be Sanem's personal secretary and corporate therapist."

"Wow! Ah, you are very lucky to work alongside Sanem. She is a very good woman." he replied, smiling at her.

"Yes, I'm really happy. I can only thank her." said Deniz looking fondly at her closest friend.

"I said I would choose someone trustworthy, didn't I?" she replied.

"Yes, you did. You did say that." confirmed Deniz.

"And good choice. A therapist in this company I think is essential, given the characters!" continued Metin, casting a glance at Can.

Everyone laughed.

"You'll have a lot of work to do, Deniz!" joked Metin.

"Ah, but Deniz is used to the worst. She knows some of the more peculiar characters that populate our crew very well. She'll know how to catch them, won't you Deniz?" came Sanem to her aid.

"Of course... I'll do my best." she replied gratefully.

"Deniz? Bulut? Make yourselves at home. If you want to have a drink join Cey Cey at the counter and for anything else ask Emre and Leyla. They will help you." said Can looking at his brother and sister-in-law.

"Of course. Bulut, Deniz? Come with us." replied Leyla cordially.

"Metin, let's sit in the office." he then said turning to his best friend.

"Um... Sanem, but where will I stay? Will I have a desk?" asked Deniz approaching her.

"Ah, of course you will. You'll have my old station next to Cey Cey, in the creative department."

"Cey Cey!" Called Sanem.

"Tell me, Mrs Sanem!" shouted Cey Cey in a professional tone running up to her.

"Deniz, she will be your new desk mate. Show her off. Are you happy?" she told him.

"Very." He replied, accompanying Deniz to her station.

"And.. Cey Cey?" Can called him back.

"Yes, Mr Can?" he replied.

"Bring Metin a coffee. You take it, right?" he asked him.

"You know me, brother. I never pass up a good coffee." he replied.

"Let's go." led the way Can with Sanem at his side.

They entered the office, they made Metin sit on the sofa, while he and Sanem took their chairs from the desk. As Sanem waited for Cey Cey to bring coffee to Metin, she pour tea for her and Can. In a few days Sanem had already created a small temporary tea corner inside their office while waiting for the new furniture. At that point everyone took a sip of their drink and got to the point.

"So Metin? What did you want to talk to us about so urgently?" asked Can, placing his tea on the small table in front of them.

"I have some documents for you... But before that, I have a question for you." he said mysteriously.

"Documents... What kind?" asked Sanem in amazement.

"What is the question for us?" asked Can puzzled.

"Did you find anything from Mihriban?" asked Metin directly.

"How? Of Mihriban's?" asked Sanem bewildered.

"Mihriban? What does she have to do with it?" asked Can.

"And then why? Did she contact you? I don't understand." admitted Sanem puzzled.

"Mihriban and I met here at the agency a few times before your return. She knew how to contact me. And before she left, he asked me to take care of something."

"What exactly?" asked Can.

"I can't tell you anything unless i make sure you read the letter first." said Metin.

"Letter? What letter?" asked Sanem confused.

"Metin what letter are you talking about?" asked Can also confused by all the mystery.

"So, I take it you didn't read the letter Mihriban left for you." said Metin seeing the expressions on both of their faces.

"No..." replied Can cautiously. "Metin do you want to speak plainly?"

Mihriban left us a letter? Where? I didn't see anything in the house." replied Sanem aloud reflectively. "You?" he asked, turning back to her husband.

"No. I didn't notice anything new in the house." he replied confidently. Then he turned back to Metin and asked: "You know where it is, don't you? She must have told you.... Tell us."

"Mihriban wants you to find it. She was very adamant." Metin replied measuring his words.

"What is this, a joke?!" replied Sanem. "Are we by any chance playing a treasure hunt with us?"

"I can only tell you that it was put in a place very close to where we celebrated your return to the estate." suggested Metin.

"That is, if it's still there..." he continued, looking in the direction of Bulut, who was currently sipping coffee in front of Cey Cey and Deniz's desk.

"Metin, don't even think about it. If Bulut and Deniz had found anything concerning us or Mihriban, they would have notified us right away." replied Can confidently, following his gaze.

"Surely it will be as you say. You know him better than I do, but it's always good to keep your eyes open." he replied suspiciously.

"Brother..." said Can, patting him on the shoulder. "I believe this aloof behaviour of yours towards him is due to some jealousy over the job... and over Deren."

"Ah, but that's a dead and buried crush now." Metin replied blushing.

"Hmm, sure, sure! You men always say that. But i can see in your eyes that it's a lie. Your face is betraying you, Metin." replied Sanem combatively.

"There, this time, I agree with you completely." Can said, putting an arm around his wife's shoulders.

"Metin, if you are interested in Deren, there is nothing wrong with that. On the contrary! It's a good thing. And I think you should try to take a step towards her, rather than acting tough towards those around her." commented Sanem.

"Exactly. I couldn't have said it better myself." replied Can smiling proudly.

"No wonder, she's a writer." replied Metin laughing.

"Ehm, yes. She talks like a book." replied Can looking at Sanem.

"For any advice you can turn to Sanem the storyteller," she replied being sophisticated.

"OK, OK, I get it. I have to take action according to you." asked Metin in confirmation.

"If you're interested... I'd say it's about time too." replied Can.

"Anyway... sorry back to the main topic." replied Sanem. "Do you think we should ask Deniz and Bulut?" asked Can.

Can looked at them in silence, thought about it for a moment and then replied. "No, I think we should immediately go and look for it at the estate. If there's anything in the envelope that concerns us, it's probably important."

"Yes, but I still don't understand why Mihriban didn't say anything when he greeted us. She could have warned...." Sanem replied confused.

"She obviously didn't want to say it in front of others. Whatever that envelope contained, she wanted us to be alone. Think about it... there was really Bulut and Deniz at that moment." said Can.

"That's right, you're right. So? What do we do?" she asked agitatedly.

"Let's go right back to the estate and search. We make Deniz and Bulut stay here. We go out with an excuse. We don't say where we are really going. And we look for that envelope." Can said.

"What if we don't find it?" asked Sanem nervously.

"If we don't find it, then we will ask them." Can replied.

"And then I know the contents and what its place is. That would mean that someone took it." Metin replied.

"OK, come on, let's go." said Sanem.

"You guys, let me know. Once you read it, you have to talk to me." reminded Metin.

"OK. Metin?" asked Can.

"Tell me, brother." he replied.

"While you are here, bring Bulut up to speed on the Sanem developments you have been dealing with so far. Try to involve Deniz as well. Keep them busy." pointed out Can.

"Alright, brother... with pleasure." said Metin, with a slight grimace on his face.

"Thanks." replied Can smiling.

"Bye Metin, we'll be in touch." said Sanem starting up.

"Bye Sanem. See you soon." he replied.

Can and Sanem hurried out of the office, warning the rest of the team. It was Can who spoke. "Guys, Sanem and I have to go out urgently. See you directly tomorrow. Deren the creative department is entrusted to you."

"But Can... We had to see..." began Deren.

"Tomorrow Deren. Tomorrow." said Can hastily.

"What about us?" Deniz said to Bulut.

"You are entrusted to me. I will bring you up to speed with the company. Can and Sanem want it in this way." said Metin approaching.

"But has something serious happened? Why all the rush all of a sudden?" asked Deren.

"No, nothing. They remembered they had an appointment with Sanem's architect, I understand." replied Metin quietly without arousing suspicion.

"Ah..." was the general response. Everyone's gazes, at that point, returned to their work as if nothing had happened.

________________________________

Hello reader :)

You have completed the twenty-sixth chapter.

If you like, please leave me a comment.

Thank you and see you next time!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

287K 17.6K 88
Can Divit is a turkish internationally famous actor, who comes back to Istanbul after 6 months in USA. Tired of years of parties, women and that kind...
414K 23.7K 61
Book 2 (Completed) Continuation of 'Heartbreak'.....After leaving Istanbul. Sanem's life takes a dramatic change...success comes in her writing and h...
37.3K 2.7K 40
Another ending to Erkenci kuş, continuing the story of Can and Sanem! ..... I would like to express my deep gratitude to @CYObsessed for his help in...
21.2K 2.3K 55
On the one side of instanbul in the mahalle , Sanem dreams of the day that she can get away from her abusive step father. But her father has differen...