Dying Star (Power Rangers SPD...

By puddin_pom02

The sun is what kept everyone alive. It's what everyone needs in life. The Sun is only 4.6 billion years old... More

~ SUN ~
~ SIRIUS ~
~ CANOPUS ~
~ RIGIL KENTAURUS ~
~ TOLIMAN ~
~ ARCTURUS ~
~ VEGA ~
~ CAPELLA ~
~ RIGEL ~
~ PROCYON ~
~ ACHERNAR ~
~ BETELGEUSE ~
~ HADAR ~
~ ALTAIR ~
~ ACRUX ~
~ ALDEBARAN ~
~ ATARES ~
~ SPICA ~
~ POLLUX ~
~ FOMALHAUT ~
~ DENEB ~
~ MIMOSA ~
~ REGULUS ~
~ ADHARA ~
~ SHAULA ~
~ CASTOR ~
~ GACRUX ~
~ BELLATRIX ~
~ ELNATH ~
~ MIAPLACIDUS ~
~ ALNILAM ~
~ GAMMA VELORUM ~
~ ALNITAK ~
~ ALOITH ~
~DUBHE~
~MIRFAK~
~WEZEN~
~SARGAS~
~KAUS AUSTRALIS~
~AVOIR~
~ALKAID~
~MENKALINAN~
~ATRIA~
~ALHENA~
~PEACOCK~
~Double Stars~

~ ALNAIR ~

316 9 4
By puddin_pom02

Her thoughts were so focused on Bridge, it was kinda hard to pay attention to the project she was working on. With Bridge not getting enough sleep due to his dreams, and the constant battles, Astrid felt worried. Especially after what was said the day before about the premonition dreams he was having.

It made her think a lot about the dream she had. She still had no clue what it was, or when it was, or if it was even real. And thinking about Bridge's premonition dreams, Astrid started to think that maybe that was what happened with her. She didn't want to believe it. That soon, Gruumm will somehow get ahold of her. And for what?

She stressfully chewed on her pen while spinning on her chair. She hadn't had a dream since then. She was thankful for that, but thinking about it now, she really hoped that it wasn't real.

Astrid knew keeping this to herself was a bad idea, but she didn't want to worry anyone else. This was her own problem that she wanted to solve.

The doors opened up. A small ball of light entered the room. Suddenly, the ball of light turned back into a Ranger. "Hey, Sam." Astrid greeted.

"Hey. How's it going in here?" He asked, referring to her engine.

Astrid needed a distraction, and thankfully this was it. "Still nothing. I was able to finally turn it on after I built a prototype bike for it, but it still doest work like yours. I tried making an electric bike, but no matter what I do, it's not as fast as yours. Not even close. And I still don't know what makes your engine glow."

It was stressful trying to figure all this out. His bike was too powerful and too fast. How could a simple engine like this power that bike?

These thoughts couldn't just seem to get out of her head as she worked on the engine. Everything she tried, nothing seemed to be able to power it up like his bike. And what exactly was the material that made his engine glow. She wanted to inspect his bike more, but that would mean she would have to take his bike apart. And she didn't want to do that.

"Don't stress too much. Who knows, maybe this isn't even the actual engine. You just have to keep trying." Sam assured.

"What would I do without you?" Astrid smiled.

Astrid picked up her notebook and looked through her sketched and blueprints. "I want to ask Bridge for help, but I'm trying to figure this out on my own. Plus, with the lack of sleep he's getting from his dreams, and him in battle, I wouldn't want to stress him out even more."

"You really care about him, don't you?" Sam asked.

Astrid turned her chair away from him and started blushing. "Yeah. Now shut up." She glared.

Sam let out a slight laugh. "You guys are great together. Anyways, I just hope you can figure this out while I'm here. Maybe if you do, I can go back to the future with some information so we can make more of these bikes."

"Hopefully." Astrid scoffed. She folded her arms and leaned back against the chair.

The intercoms turned on and a women's voice was heard throughout the base. "Sam, you're needed for training." She said.

"Duty calls. I'll see you later. Sorry I couldn't be any help." Sam apologized.

"No, it's fine. I need a break anyways. Maybe we can talk more about it later."

"Sure, see ya."

Astrid began cleaning up as Sam left. Once she was done, she walked out the Lab and started making her way to the command center. On her way there, she past by Bridges room.

Wanting to check on him, she walked over to his door and knocked. Neither Sky nor Bridge answered the door. Astrid opened up the doors and walked inside. Bridge was laying on his bed fast asleep.

Astrid frowned when seeing how tired he was. She walked over and sat next to him on the bed. She reached her hand up and started brushing his hair with her fingers. Though he was asleep, he could still feel her touch, causing him to suddenly smile.

Astrid slightly laughed when seeing his smile. She leaned down and placed a kiss to his forehead. She then stood up and started to leave. "Wait." Bridge mumbled.

Astrid turned around to his voice. He slowly sat up, his eyes were still closed from how tired he was. "Stay with me a little longer." He said.

Astrid walked back to him. "What if Sky comes in?" She asked.

Bridge shrugged. "Who cares."

He grabbed her arm and pulled her into his lap, then resting his head on her shoulder. His body slowly fell back onto the bed. He wrapped an arm around Astrid's waist and pulled her closer. "Just for a little longer."  He pleaded.

"Okay." Astrid mumbled. She lifted her hand and started bushing his hair again. He smiled and leaned into her touch. "How are you feeling?" She asked.

"Tired. These dreams are stressing me out. I can't imagine what you go through. It must be hard."

"I'd say that I got used to it at some point, but that would be a lie." She said. "Just try and get some rest. You need the sleep."

Bridge hummed in response and cuddled closer to her. It didn't take long for him to fully fall asleep. Astrid slowly got up from the bed, trying her best not to wake him. He then laid on his back with his arm covering his eyes. Astrid reached down and placed her hand over his chest.

His heartbeat was so slow and calm compared to hers. She wished to be born normal like him. To live a long life like him. To just stay with him a little longer. But who knew how long she had left.

As she was making her out of the room, she ran into Sky. "Is he doing okay?" He asked.

Both turned back to face Bridge. Astrid let out a sigh. "He's sleeping now. I just hope that he won't have another one of those dreams." She said. "Call me incase of anything, will you?" She asked.

Sky nodded his head. "Sure. You go do what you gotta do. I'll keep an eye on him."

"Thanks." Astrid pated his shoulder, then made her way to the command center.

~

Astrid observed the computer as the satellite tried detecting any activity in the city. But there wasn't anything yet.

Kat came in and saw how focused she was when on the computer. Kat knew she was worried about Bridge. She clearly wanted to find whoever these criminals were. But she obviously needed a break.

"How's that engine going?" Kat asked while walking over to her.

Astrid looked up, then shook her head. "Still nothing. But it's thanks to Sam that he makes me realize that I can't get it perfect right away. So I know I still need to work on it."

"I'm sure it'll be great. I didn't start so great either. Took me years to finally get in this position. Maybe you can take over for me one day." Kat smiled.

"As great as that would be, I doubt it." Astrid sighed.

Kat frowned. "You still don't think you'll make it long enough?" Kat asked.

Astrid shook her head. "I want to have a long life. I want to stay here for a long time. And I'm thankful that you guys are trying so hard to prevent me from dying. But I already know what's going to happen to me. I just don't know when. Who knows how long I have. It just depends on when this decides to give up." She said, pointing to her heart."

Astrid looked down at the floor and frowned. "I hate how hopeful Bridge is about this. He's so far into thinking he can save me. And it breaks my heart knowing that someday I'll just disappear from him. I can't even imagine how he'll be when it does happen."

Kat frowned and placed an arm around Astrid. Astrid let out a sigh and shook her head. "But like Bridge said, I need to stop thinking about what's going to happen in the future. I need to stick to the present. It's just kinda hard to focus on that." She frowned.

"We're all trying our best to find a way for you to stay. Once everything finally comes in, and once we have more research on your heart, maybe we can do it." Kat said.

"Do you really think you guys can do it?" Astrid asked.

Kat shrugged. "I'm not sure. I can only hope."

The doors to the command center opened up. Cruger walked in and walked over to the two chatting. "What's our status?" He asked.

"Nothing has been detected in the city yet."

"It's too quiet. They're up to something."

The doors opened up again, Sky came speeding in. "Sir, I think Bridge had another dream and he's gone off somewhere." Sky warned.

"I don't like this. Kat, sound the alarm. I want all the Rangers. This is no time for one Ranger to be out there alone." Cruger said.

"Let me come with you. I need to know he's safe." Astrid said while pulling on Sky's jacket.

"No. It's too dangerous. You are to stay here and help Kat lead the Rangers. That's the best way to protect him at a moment like this. Do you understand?"

Astrid gave a small nod. "Yes, sir." She frowned.

She ran over to Kat's side and started helping out through the computers. Her hands were slightly shaking, and Kat noticed. Kat reached over and grabbed her hand. "Calm down. Stressing like this isn't going to help."

"I know, I'm just really worried. He stresses me out." Astrid said.

"The Ranger's will be there soon to help him. He'll be safe once they get there. They won't let anything happen to him. For now, you need to keep your focus here if you want to keep all of them safe." Kat assured.

Astrid nodded. Her hands were still a bit shaky, but it wasn't as bad. "Okay." She breathed out.

~

The Rangers headed straight for S.P.D. after the battle. Astrid immediately ran out of the command center and to the Zord Bay to wait for them. When the Zords finally arrived, the Rangers hopped out and switched back into their S.P.D. uniforms. Astrid ran towards them and jumped straight in Bridge's arms.

The four friends watch them with a smile. "Let's head inside. I think they need some time to talk." Jack said.

"Agreed." The other three said.

They left the Zord Bay and back into the building. "Sorry I left without saying anything." Bridge apologized.

Astrid pulled away from the hug and glared at him. "You're lucky Sky caught on to what was happening. What would have happened if you actually had to fight alone?" Astrid scolded.

"I don't know. I just trust my friends that they'll be there for me."  He said.

"And if they weren't there on time? You could have been seriously hurt. There could have been a chance that they'd end up catching you. That they'd take you to Gruumm. That you-"

Astrid cut herself off before she could finish what she said. Just the thought brought her pain.

Bridge started feeling concerned. "That I what?" He questioned. She didn't answer. "Astrid?"

Astrid rested her head on his chest and closed her eyes. She lifted her hands and gripped his jacket. Bridge could feel her hands shaking, and her breathing seemed heavy.

Astrid let out a sigh. She didn't dare look at him. "You're not allowed to die before me. Okay?" She said, her voice quivering.

His heart dropped at her words. Bridge pulled her back into a hug and held her tight. He grabbed one of her hands and gently squeezed it, letting out a sigh. "I'm not going to die. And I'm going to find a way so that you don't die either."

Astrid wrapped her arms around him and gripped the back of his jacket. "I don't care about myself. I just can't lose you."

"You're not going to lose me." Bridge assured. "You can't be so negative all the time. You just have to believe in me. No more thinking or talking like that, okay?"

Astrid didn't say anything, she just hugged him tighter. Bridge shook his head at her. He pulled away from the hug and went in to carry her. Astrid was caught off guard as she was suddenly lifted off the floor. "Put me down." She glared.

"Only if you say you trust me." He smiled.

"What?" Astrid questioned.

"I'll put you down if you say you trust me. If not, I'm taking you out to the fountain and dropping you there." He threatened.

Astrid looked away from him. Her cheeks were red, and she still looked angry. Bridge smirked, then started walking.

"Okay! Okay! I trust you." She panicked, then gripping onto Bridge tighter.

"Sorry, I couldn't hear you. Could you repeat that?" Bridge joked.

Astrid let out an annoyed sigh. "I trust you. Happy now." She rolled her eyes and looked away.

"Very." Bridge smiled. He put her back down and placed a kiss to her forehead. "Can we go inside now and do something else?"

"Fine." Astrid said. She turned around and started leading the way out the Zord Bay.

As Bridge ran to catch up with her, he took off his right glove and went to hold her hand. Astrid was caught off guard at first, but she gripped his hand tighter.

Bridge smiled at her as she led the way out. Maybe now he can finally get a peaceful sleep. Instead of having stupid premonitions, maybe he could dream about Astrid. That's what he'd prefer anyways. To dream about the girl he loves most.

Hope you enjoyed!
Updates every Friday and Monday!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73 18 10
Space and time began about 13.7 billion years ago but it consisted almost exclusively of hydrogen until some stars grew sufficiently massive to creat...
76 1 14
It all started with a confession. They vowed to love each other for the rest of their lives. To be with each other's side through thick and thin. The...
120K 5.4K 35
growing up and growing apart sometimes people who really love you have to leave you for your own good and it's okay to grow apart holding on to thi...
41K 1.6K 40
Summary: This story is about an incredible unique autistic girl and her two equally incredible best friends. Will they ever get out of the friend zon...