1. THIS IS ONLY THE BEGIN. ST...

By FeniceAlbatros32

Did you fall in love with Can and Sanem's fairy tale and were left with that longing to know how the story wo... More

MESSAGE FROM THE AUTHOR
1. Bodrum - Orak island
2. The idea
3. Mihriban's estate
4. Istanbul - the last boat awakening
5. Time to return
6. The homecoming of CapCan and Macho
7. Tatoo
8. The arrival
9. Home sweet home
10. In the vegetable garden
11. Sister Mihriban
12. The plan in the agency
13. First night on the mainland
14. The surprise
15. Chaos in the agency
16. They are back, baby!
17. Life Change
18. Welcome back Can & Sanem
20. A new chapter
21. Aunt Remide's project
22. And now?
23. Awakenings that are good for the heart
24. For every beautiful thing
25. Not a farewell, but a goodbye
26. The envelope
27. For Can & Sanem
28. The Decision
29. The signature
30. The family house
31. Signals
32. In sickness and in health
33. Life's best surprise
34. The first ultrasound scan
35. The announcement
36. Sometimes they return
37. An unexpected arrival
38. Face to face with Ayhan
39. Surprise within a surprise
40. The nursery
41. The new member of "The Sanem"
42. Dear diary...
43. -1
44. Presentations
45. The launch of the trilogy
46. Three: the perfect number
47. Return to normality
48. Ladies' night
49. Memoirs
50. Days to remember
51. And they all lived happily ever after (FINAL CHAPTER)

19. Metin

968 69 6
By FeniceAlbatros32

 Metin arrived with his usual lawyerly look. A light grey suit muted only by a white t-shirt. Very smart shoes. As soon as he arrived, the first thing his eye fell on was Deren. Metin had always had a secret crush on her. And that had always made him shy and awkward. He felt so awkward around her that he was almost like a teenager on his first crush. He didn't know what to say, how to say it, how to be noticed. And when he saw her company, he felt a certain annoyance.

"Metin!" exclaimed Sanem reaching out to Can.

"Metin? Welcome! What are you doing here?" asked Can surprised.

"Brother, does this seem like the way to welcome your best friend after all this time?"

"No, sorry! Come here!" exclaimed Can.

"Let me give you a hug, lion!" said Metin, "What happen to you? Wanderer!"

"Let's just say I realised a dream." said Can looking at Sanem as he hugged Metin.

"Oh! Yeah! By the way! Congratulations, guys!" exclaimed Metin melting out of the hug as he looked at Sanem.

"Sanem Divit! What a beauty! Can, may I?" he asked to his best friend.

"Go." he replied.

Metin hugged Sanem.

"Welcome Metin! What a pleasure! Long time no see!" said Sanem affectionately.

"See? This is a welcome! Your wife got it!" replied Metin mocking his best friend a little.

"Eh, you know I'm not very good at this." replied Can.

"I know." said Metin with a smile.

"But my wife is much warmer than me, that's for sure!" said Can clutching Sanem to him. He kissed her on the temple.

"Don't say that Can. You are also very warm when you want to be... you just don't want to admit it!" replied his wife.

"That's it, that's good, Sanem. I totally agree. Did you hear that?" replied Metin looking at Can.

"You married a good woman, Can. Keep hold of her! Ah, you guys I'm so happy for you! It's good to see you so peaceful after all you've been through."

"What about you... how did you know we were here? I was going to call you tomorrow morning to let you know." Can said.

"Let's say someone ratted us out." said Metin looking at Emre.

"My fault!" admitted Emre raising a hand in surrender. "I thought you might like to hug your "brother" again." joked Emre.

"That's it. Here we go again. The usual jealous man." said Metin looking at Can.

"I'm going to hug him too, otherwise, phew! who can hear him! Come here!" said Metin heading towards Emre.

In the process Can replied to Emre.

"Of course I'm pleased, brother. I was puzzled for a moment because I didn't expect it, but of course it's a nice surprise. Thank you Emre!" Can raised the glass of whiskey in his hand towards him.

"You're welcome brother." Emre replied, raising the glass of sparkling wine towards him.

When Can returned after his solo boat trip, Metin, after Sanem, was the first on the list of people he owed an apology to. Can contacted him and they met. Metin was shocked by his best friend's new look and how the sea had changed him. They clarified and caught up on their lives. Can told about Yigit, Sanem and her book, his behaviour, Sanem's separation and therapy. It was a heart-to-heart talk. The two re-established the bond they had always had, based on esteem, respect and absolute loyalty for each other. So it was before the wedding, that Can asked Metin to take care of not only some legal matters that concerned him personally, but also some business matters if necessary.

Metin said goodbye to the rest of the Fikri Harika team. It was a succession of hugs. Leyla, Cey Cey, Muzo, Mihriban, and then lastly Deren.

"Hello Deren." he said, greeting her with a kiss on the cheeks.

"Good evening Metin. Welcome." she returned the greeting. Then she looked at Bulut. He had stood there beside her. He had a strange expression, but she didn't quite know what to call it. Was it annoyance? Was it indifference? It was unclear. Bulut and Metin stared at each other, but before the situation could take a turn for the worse, putting her in an awkward position, Deren hurried to make introductions.

"Well... oh, how careless of me. I didn't introduce you." exclaimed Deren in his squeaky voice.

"This is Metin, former lawyer of Fikri Harika. He still remained Can's personal lawyer."

"Ah!" replied Bulut.

"And he is also the lawyer of one of the chicken farming giants in all of Turkey. How is Mrs Remide?" she asked him.

The tension was now palpable between the two. They did not take their eyes off each other. Then Metin answered: "Madame Remide is well. She sends her greetings to Fikri Harika and the newlyweds, renewing her wish to see them as soon as possible for a project I mentioned to you some time ago. That is also why I am here. To talk about it with Can and Sanem." Metin explained.

"Metin, but this is their welcome party. It doesn't seem the right time to talk about work. Wouldn't it be better to postpone until tomorrow? Huh? I'll make an appointment for you at the agency, or here if you prefer." said Deren.

"Yes, I will make an appointment, I will just mention something to them tonight. You're right." he replied, continuing to stare at Bulut.

"Perfect. Um, this is Bulut anyway. He's a..." Deren did not know how to continue the sentence because he did not really know what Bulut was doing now.

"I am a lawyer." replied Bulut. "Nice to meet you." he said, extending his hand.

Deren, turned and looked at him surprised. So he was a lawyer again? She thought. Or was he saying that on purpose?

"Oh! A colleague..." said Metin. "Pleased to meet you." he said, shaking his hand. "There's actually something familiar about the style."

"Hmm... quite." said Bulut not at all convinced.

"Bulut has been our 'defence lawyer', we can say." said Deren mimicking the inverted commas.

"Although in my opinion he is a troublemaker. When Sanem and Can became partners in the creme company, the Fikri Harika office was located here. He took care of the budget, some problems that arose, the vegetable garden, the delivery of goods. An all-rounder in short." Deren glowered at him.

Bulut listened her, rolling his eyes.

"Hmm, peculiar for a lawyer." commented Metin.

"Let's say I'm not your average lawyer. I have many interests. I like to be in contact with nature. Taking care of the garden helps relieve stress. I recommend it." he replied straightforwardly.

"Thanks, but I'm not the type." Metin replied. He was the classic classy, sophisticated lawyer who doesn't get his hands dirty. To relieve stress he preferred to go to the gym or have a good drink with friends.

"Yep, I can assure you that he is indeed a forester." Deren replied.

"Deren, how are you on the other hand?" asked Metin.

"The usual. Work, work, work. Fikri Harika takes up all my time." she aswered.

"Me too, between Ms Remide, Can and Mr Aziz, I have my hands full." he replied.

"Ah! Are you still in touch with Mr Aziz?" she asked.

"Yes, we talk from time to time. I am at his disposal when he needs me. He has done so much and is like a father to me."

"And how is he? Where is he now?" asked Deren curiously. "Emre doesn't tell us anything," she said quietly.

"The last time I heard from him was in Cuba, for routine medical checks. He assured me that he is fine."

"Ah, Mr Aziz, has he left again?" asked Bulut surprised.

"Ah! Yeah, you weren't there. Poor puppy." replied Deren teasing him.

"Yes, Mr Aziz left again shortly after you. Can had taken over the real Fikri Harika headquarters. Sanem, by his side, was trying to get his memory back, with the help of everyone in the agency," Deren pointed out. "Does that remind you of anything?"

Bulut grimaced.

"Sorry Metin." said Deren.

"Nothing, we'd miss it." Metin hinted a smile. That sense of annoyance subsided as he saw the constant barbs the two were throwing at each other. Then they weren't as close as he believed at first! He thought.

"Metin!" Can called to him.

"Sorry, I must leave you now. I am required elsewhere. See you at Deren's agency."

"See you Metin." replied Deren.

"If we don't see each other again. Nice to meet you." said Metin to Bulut, offering his hand again for a shake.

"My pleasure. It is likely that we will see each other again." Bulut replied again, shaking it.

"Good. See you soon then." Metin reached out to Can.

Once they were left alone Deren said: "I don't think it's so likely that you'll see each other again. I mean, you're just passing through. Apart from tonight when else are you planning to see him? And then sorry, are you back to being a lawyer?" asked Deren trying to get some answers.

"I won't leave right away. I will stay here at Mihriban's for a few days with Deniz." he explined.

"Deniz too? Why?" she asked.

"Personal matters." he replied.

"Personal matters? What kind of answer is that! Personal matters... With Deniz?" she insisted.

"See you soon. Have a good evening, Mrs Deren." Bulut left her like that with a smile and went to find Deniz. He knew how to tease her.

Deren stood there alone, without a proper reply. "Rude! He didn't even answer my question. He's such a forester! Savage!" she said in a testy tone aloud to be heard.

Metin reached out to Can.

"Tell me brother!" said.

"Come, I want to introduce you to two special people." They approached the laid table where Mevkibe and Nihat were.

"Metin, let me introduce you to my in-laws. Father Nihat, and mother Mevkibe. Sanem and Leyla's parents."

"Ah! Nice to meet you." he said.

"This is Metin, my best friend. He is my personal lawyer and sometimes, Fikri Harika's too. We grew up together." explined Can.

"Can is like a brother to me." replied Metin.

"Ah! What a pleasure, Mr Metin!" replied Nihat, shaking his hand.

"Nice to meet you son! We are so pleased to meet Can's friends. Right Nihat?" said joyfull Mevkibe.

"True." replied Nihat, as Metin shook Mevkibe's hand.

"Nice to meet you ma'am."

"Can is a golden child. He is really special. We are so lucky to have him in our family!" said Mevkibe looking at Can with soft eyes.

"Have you seen Metin how lucky I am?" replied Can positioning himself between his in-laws. He hugged them both.

"I know you, actually." said Metin addressing Sanem's parents.

"Oh, yes?" they asked.

Can cleared his throat, and gave an imperceptible nod of no with his head.

"Yes, because... because Can has told me a lot about you. So, in a way, it's like I know you."

"Ah!" replied Mevkibe and Nihat in chorus.

Sanem, who was watching the scene from the sidelines, had noticed the nod her husband had given Metin, so she approached.

"Sanem, daughter!" said Nihat.

"Dad, tell me!"

"I just cooked the sausages, shall I make you a sandwich?" he asked her.

"Phew, the sausages! My mouth is watering. Yes, make it for me. I can't say no. Can you?"

"Yes, I'll take it too."

"Perfect I'll make them right away, my children." said Nihat getting down to work.

"Mr. Metin, you haven't eaten anything yet? Please help yourself. Or if you like I can serve you."

"Ah, thank you Mrs Mevkibe."

"Can you pass me a plate, son?"

"Sure, Mama Mevkibe." said Can.

"Metin, you should know that everything you see was made by this woman's golden hands. They are one delicacy better than the other. You must taste a little of everything. Believe me!" said to his friend.

"Mevkibe mother, take care of him. Make him a nice plate. Give him a taste of everything. We don't want to let him leave on an empty stomach, do we?" added Can to her.

"Can..." said Sanem looking at him and laughing under his moustache.

"Be it so, son! Nobody has to leave here with an empty belly! There is food for everyone! I wouldn't be called Mevkibe if I didn't feed all these children! I write it here, look!" She said, making an imaginary sign on the table.

"Don't worry son, I'll take care of it." Mevkibe replied to Can.

"I entrust it to you, Mama Mevkibe!" replied Can.

"Children, here are your sandwiches." said Nihat.

"Thank you daddy. Uh, it smells good!" exclaimed Sanem.

"Thank you, Daddy Nihat," replied Can.

"You're welcome, son. That's what I'm here for! Don't let it get cold. Eat it nice and hot!"

"Mr Metin, do you want it?" asked Nihat.

"Daddy Nihat on the other hand is very good at barbecuing, especially fish... any kind, with rosemary!" exclaimed Can.

"Ah! Yes, that's right, I've become an expert by now," said Nihat laughing.

Meanwhile Mevkibe had already filled Metin's plate with a bit of everything.

Sanem had to hold back a laugh as she looked at Metin's stunned expression.

"Ah, thank you...it will be a bit difficult to eat everything...but I will try." he said in difficulty.

"Taste son, taste. As you eat you will realise that they are just bites." tried to convince him Mevkibe.

Can and Sanem tried to hide their laughter by hiding behind their sandwiches.

"Thanks dad and mum. We are around." replied Can taking Sanem by the hand.

"Take care. Metin you eat, eh! See you in a bit." he told him.

"But... I... Can!" exclaimed Metin seeing him off.

"See you later!" said Can walking away with his wifw. As soon as they turned their backs on him they burst out laughing.

Ah, poor Metin, what a situation they had gotten him into!

Only after a good hour did Sanem intervene to rescue Metin from the clutches of his parents. Otherwise he would have burst!

The party continued. Everyone was having fun. They were dancing, drinking, singing, eating. They made a toast all together for their return and cut the cake like two real newlyweds. There was the ritual kiss as at weddings. So in the blink of an eye, the welcome party had turned into the wedding party it had never been. Can and Sanem danced a slow dance to everyone's satisfaction. Close to each other, their foreheads resting, Sanem's hands on Can's chest, covered by his own. It was a very emotional moment for everyone.

In the background was the song that had always accompanied them in all their best moments. Their song. The outline disappeared. As always at that moment, they let themselves go to the music, while everyone around took photos and cried with tissues in their hands. Among them of course were Cey Cey, Muzo and Deren.

So with great emotion from everyone, the party came to an end. Many guests began to leave. Everyone had to work the next day. Including the birthday boys. Muzo, Cey Cey and Deren abandoned the ship. Emre and Leyla together with their parents. Then it was Metin's turn.

"Metin thank you for coming. It meant a lot to me," Can replied.

"Guys we didn't get a chance to talk. Obviously it was not the time, but I wanted to inform you that Ms Remide would like to see you for a project. I had already mentioned it to Emre and Deren at the agency, but you know how she is, don't you? If she sets her mind to something, it has to be that! He only wants to talk to you."

"OK, but what exactly is it about?" asked Sanem.

"Now is not the time. It's late." replied Metin seeing that Bulut was nearby in listening.

"I'll tell you what. Are you free tomorrow? Do you have time for a chat?" he proposed.

"Sure. No problem. We can find the time. Don't we Can?" said Sanem.

"Absolutely. Shall we meet at the agency?" asked Can.

"I would prefer elsewhere." replied Metin.

"Let's do it here." replied Sanem. "What do you say, my love?"

"Fine with me." he agreed.

"Perfect. I'll be in court all day, but I should be able to reach you by 6pm, if that's OK for you," Metin replied.

"OK, 6pm it is, here." replied Can.

"Well see you tomorrow then. Good night newlyweds." greeted Metin.

"Good night Metin. Drive slowly." replied Can.

"Sure." And Metin left as well.

"Ouch, that's too bad... and he's gone too," exclaimed Sanem.

"Bulut, Deniz, thank you for the surprise. Really. I'm so sorry you're leaving again!" said Sanem sadly.

"And who told you we are leaving again now, little lamb?" asked Deniz.

"What? Are you staying here?" asked Sanem surprised.

"Wait don't misunderstand. We are Mihriban's guests for a few days. Then we will leave." Bulut replied.

"Ah! How nice! Then we'll have a chance to talk!" Sanem, in a rush, embraced them both.

"Then I'll see you tomorrow," he told them beaming.

"See you tomorrow." they replied in chorus.

Can and Sanem took the few steps that separated them from home. They went inside, and without a second thought they threw themselves on the sofa, exhausted.

"Ah! What a day!" replied Can.

"It was indeed a day to remember," replied Sanem.

"Intense." he added.

"You could say that." Can replied.

"But everything went well. The plan at the agency, my parents, the phone call with Ayhan and Osman, the party.... Deniz, Bulut, Metin!"

"Yes, it was a nice surprise. It was good to see everyone again." confirmed Can.

"Yes..." yawned Sanem snuggling her head on her husband's chest.

"There's just one thing...I'm exhausted." replied Sanem in a tired voice.

"Would you believe it if I told you that I am too?" echoed Can.

"I believe it." she replied.

"I'm happy, though." she added with her eyes closed, as Can ran his hand up and down her arm. He too closed his eyes.

"So am I. So happy," Can replied. 

_____________________________

Hello reader :)

Thank you for reading the nineteenth chapter.

How about letting me know your thoughts with a comment?

Until the next chapter!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

129K 8.2K 51
A love story between Can and Demet. A parallel of reality inspired by the real chemistry between these two wonderful actors that I particularly love...
29.3K 2.8K 65
14 year old Sanem, just received a scholarship for being top of her class, to one of the most prestigious schools in Instanbul. It won't be easy for...
20K 2.1K 55
On the one side of instanbul in the mahalle , Sanem dreams of the day that she can get away from her abusive step father. But her father has differen...
285K 17.6K 88
Can Divit is a turkish internationally famous actor, who comes back to Istanbul after 6 months in USA. Tired of years of parties, women and that kind...