Zuko's Betrothed

By Scriptwriter___

From a young age Honna had been betrothed to the Fire Nation prince. She was taught etiquette and how to be a... More

Betrothed
Fire Queen
Burned
Dangerous Dreams
His Princess
Invading a Sad "Triumph"
The Avatar
Honor
Turmoil in Escapes
Lies and Delights
Family
Hope Where None Should Be
A Show
Agni Kai
Reading
Kyoshi Island
Almost Relaxing
Goodnight
Nerves and Burns
Something Useful
Letters
East
A Thousand Questions
Eleven Years
Birthday Blockade
Crescent-Shaped Island
Forced Recovery
Girlfriend
Nala the Xierxu
Visions in the Flame
Wedding of Duty and Honor
No Such Thing As Peace
Runic
Pieces Fall as They May
The Moon Spirit
AUTHOR'S NOTE: BOOK TWO

My Best Interest

1.5K 47 1
By Scriptwriter___

When Zuko finally returns to the ship a day later I am beyond furious at him. I could hear him behind the door talking to the guards, and from what I could hear telling them they could leave. I could then hear a knock on the other side of the door but I refused to answer. "Honna, let me in," I could hear Zuko from the other side and I scoffed at him. "Since when do you need my permission," I say not removing my eyes from the book on Sign Language in front of me.

The door creaked open, but I refused to waste my time with him. "Honna, I did what I had to do. You needed to rest," Zuko insists "So, you treat me like a prisoner?" I ask still not taking my eyes away from the book I was hardly reading. Zuko growled in frustration before grabbing my book and throwing it. "You want to hurt yourself more fine! See if I care!" he shouts before leaving my room, letting the door slam shut behind him.

Five days passed without Zuko or I speaking, and I refused to even search for the Avatar out of spite. Today it seemed for whatever reason he wanted to ruin my peace and end this silent treatment. "Honna, you have a letter," Zuko tells me bringing me a letter, but when I stared at it I realized it wasn't from my sister. I looked up to ask Zuko where the letter came from but he was gone, I guess breaking the silent treatment was only temporary. I unrolled the letter and immediately looked to the bottom to find a name, Zuko, Zuko wrote me a letter.

'Honna,

 I know what I did was wrong, but you can be so stupidly stubborn sometimes. I felt that I had no choice. If I was put in the situation again I'd make the same choices, when you were hurt I was terrified that you wouldn't wake up. I want you to know that I will never hurt you, but I will always protect you even if I have to protect you from yourself.

                                                        Love, Zuko

I read the words with a sigh of overwhelming frustration. I toss it onto my desk and read it again, and I think of Zuko. He'd always be callous and careless but now maybe this is a glimpse of a motive. Me, he would be stupid and rude but only if he believed it held my best interest. I go to Zuko's room and knock, I can hear it open and when I see him I give him a small smile. "Apology accepted," 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

583K 18.7K 51
I wrote this for myself but you can read it, too, if you'd like. Y/N is a water bender who was born on board a fire navy ship holding Southern Water...
95.2K 2.2K 42
(Y/N) lived in the fire nation most of her life, growing up in the palace where she was close friends with Prince Zuko. She enjoyed her time in the p...
133K 3K 26
Being the daughter of the current Fire Lord, and the future Fire Lord has its ups and downs. People adoring you and getting away with things that you...
211K 5.6K 40
Lady (Y/N) was exiled along with her best friend, prince Zuko. She has conflicted feelings about hunting the Avatar, since she wants the war to end...