HERNAN AND GABRIELA BOOK 1

By Graceguya1

This is a re-writing of the Grimm's fairytale, Hansel and Gretel as a Telenovela. It is the first book of a t... More

CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45
CHAPTER 46
CHAPTER 47
CHAPTER 48
CHAPTER 49
CHAPTER 50
CHAPTER 51
EPISODE 52
CHAPTER 53
CHAPTER 54
CHAPTER 55
CHAPTER 56
CHAPTER 57
CHAPTER 58
CHAPTER 59
CHAPTER 60

CHAPTER 10

1 0 0
By Graceguya1

It is a scary night, as Aranza's health is monitored. While she is still weak, in the morning, she is doing much better. There is also more good news. The end of the probation period is approaching, and several of the trainees will be retained as staff. Isabella is glad Aranza is getting better because then there wouldn't be a guarantee Antonio would see Gina daily. Hector and Gina are back at work the next day.

Everywhere there is talk of the mysterious blood donor. Gina has lunch with Emma. Emma says they should catch up, outside of work, soon. Gina knows Emma wants to grill her about Antonio, safely away from nosy ears but she agrees anyway.

Mariana and Isabella, also talk during lunch. Mariana says she likes Hector but he only has eyes for Adrianna. Isabella says she should not worry, because she can comfortably beat Adrianna.

In the evening, Hector Gina, Adrianna, Antonio, and Aurelio head for the hospital. Aranza is doing much better and is awake. She can have two visitors, but still one at a time. She chooses Hector and Aurelio. Alejandro has as usual come with Helena and Carlos. He is annoyed because he thinks Aranza could be manipulating the situation to bring Hector and Adrianna together. It is no secret Aranza is close to him, and probably would love to see them together. He also suspects she would love to see Gina and Antonio together as well.

Hector goes into Aranza's room. It is the healthiest he had seen her in a while. He sits near her, and she begins to cry. He hugs her and asks her, why she is crying. She says she is afraid, of many things, of getting amputated, developing infections, being paralyzed, and of not getting back to her normal self. He tells her that no matter what happens, he, Gina, Adrianna, Aurelio, and Antonio will still love and support her. Aranza asks about her studies, the end-of-semester exams are approaching. He says that Aurelio has worked with her closest friends from school and all her notes are up to date, and arrangements will be made for her to do assignments.

Aranza is happy, she feels loved. The end-of-semester exams are set to begin the next week. She like everyone is intrigued by the mystery blood donor. Who is she? Aranza says she is tired but bored, and itching to do something fun. Hector smiles. That is the Aranza he knows and loves, always itching to be active. When he comes out Adrianna asks him how Aranza is. He tells them. Aurelio goes in. She smiles at him. Aurelio smiles back. Aranza Montes De Alba is the most difficult, spontaneous, (occasionally pushy), crazy but also the most beautiful girl he knows.

He finds her like a princess. Aranza is attracted to him as well, but he has shown little interest in her. He sees her as more of a friend and nothing more than that. Aranza thinks he is the most handsome, down to earth and the nicest guy she has ever known. Aurelio is sure he loves his stubborn princess but he is afraid. She is from one of the most distinguished families in the city. He is just a country boy, who is studying in the city because of a scholarship. She paid her school fees in full, a week before school began. They come from two different worlds.

Aranza wishes he could see her as potential girlfriend material instead of as Adrianna's pesky younger cousin. He asks her how she feels. Aranza says she feels tired but, she is happy to be alive. She thanks him for what he is doing for her at school. He says there is no problem because they are friends. Aranza sulks. Friends. The word she does not want to hear. She wants to be Aurelio Ortiz's girlfriend, not his friend.

He gets closer and touches her face. Aranza sulks. He asks her what's wrong. She says nothing. Aranza tries to be calm, to ignore what his touch did to her. She says it's just boredom. Aurelio smiles. He says she's healthy and recovering quickly and soon, she will be back doing things she loves. Before he leaves, he kisses her forehead. Aranza would like very much for him to kiss her on her lips.

As usual, Adrianna and Antonio take them home. That evening, Gina is in her room, and Antonio calls her. She hesitates then picks it. He says he misses her, and they should go out on Friday, now that Aranza is out, of danger, and they are all happier. Gina agrees only because she intends to talk to him, and clear whatever is going on between them. After the audio situation, she does not want to be the topic of discussion any time soon. Antonio meanwhile has other plans, he is beginning to realize, he really likes Gina.

Hector is also thinking. He loves Adrianna, and while Alejandro is a nut case, Adrianna is worth it. He decides there and then that life is too short, and while some things can be planned, like his and his sister's plans to regain their places and find out whether their father was murdered or not, others like who to fall in love with or when are not. He picks up his phone and calls her. Adrianna picks up her phone, when she sees it's him, she feels like her stomach is full of butterflies. He asks her if she'd like to go out with him on Friday. Adrianna is surprised, this was unexpected. She pretends to think about it, so as not to seem over-eager, and then says yes. He tells her goodnight and calls her beautiful. Adrianna is happy. Happy for the possibilities the future holds. She remembers the first time he kissed her.

The next day, at work, there are a series of meetings, with some business partners, and Horacio is among them. Antonio is irritated, as he is often when he sees Horacio. He is beginning to get through whatever walls Gina has built, and no one is going to destroy that. Horacio runs into Gina, when she has come from Hector's cubicle, he smiles at her and she ignores him. He really irritates her. She moves past him and goes into her department's offices. She is to have lunch with Emma later that day. That day is a particularly busy day, due to many meetings. People begin leaving a little later than usual.

At the end of the day,

In Gina's office,

Gina is the last one, in her block of offices; she is not in a hurry, as she is to wait for, Antonio, Adrianna, and Hector. She is just about to lock up and call Adrianna, to link up, when Horacio comes in. Gina looks at him irritated. She is even warier about any scandal at work, especially after the audio spread around the office. She keeps a respectable distance then tells him to get straight to the point. He continues blabbing on, about them rekindling what they once had. Gina says she is not interested in rekindling, anything. She picks up her handbag and the office keys and moves past him to leave.

Horacio begins to trace his finger, through her hair, onto her face, quickly, shocking Gina. She jumps away. She is irritated, annoyed, and disgusted. It is at that time that Antonio comes in. He looks first at Horacio then at Gina for a second longer. Antonio clenches his fists. The thought of Horacio having touched Gina makes him very jealous. What bothers him, even more, is that he could have or was planning to kiss her. Horacio ignores Antonio, smiles at Gina, then leaves. Antonio decides that with Horacio around, he has to seal the deal and make things official with Gina soon.

Meanwhile,

In Hector's office,

Hector, Aurelio, and Adrianna are in Hector's block of offices. Hector tells Aurelio to go and get Gina. Aurelio agrees and leaves. Adrianna pretends to be busy. It was easier when Aurelio was here as a buffer between her and Hector but now she felt restless, not that he is making it any easier. She can feel him looking at her. He wakes up and places one hand on hers. Adrianna looks up at him, pulls away, and tries to leave. Hector blocks her way.

She looks at him and says she has no idea what kind of girl he thinks she is but she is a lady and is not going to get mixed up with him. He asks her if she is sure, and she insists she is. He tries to move near her but she moves. He asks her what she is afraid of, and she says nothing. Adrianna stops and tells him that whatever tricks he is upto, she is going to be on guard. He moves near her and puts one arm under her chin, and kisses her. Adrianna is not anymore able to stop the kiss now than she was, the first day he kissed her.

Back with Antonio and Gina,

Antonio tells Gina, Aurelio, is with Adrianna and Hector in his department's offices. He adds that they are about to leave. Antonio asks her where the keys are. She shows him, and he asks for them. Gina says that's unnecessary because she will close it. She moves to leave past him, but he blocks her path. Gina looks up at him. He looks determined, and she decides to give him the key to avoid wasting time. Much to her shock, he locks them inside. Gina asks him what he is doing. He tells her to follow him towards a storeroom, which she does.

Gina says now they are safe from any peeping eyes, so he should explain himself. Antonio asks her about what just happened with Horacio. Gina tells him that it's none of his business. She then tries to leave but he blocks her way and tells her, they are past that. She relents and says Horacio has been bugging her for them to get back together, and today, was just part of his intentions. Antonio asks her if she still loves him and wants to get back together with him. Gina doesn't answer him and faces the other side.

He puts his arms around her. She turns and starts to tell him to leave her alone, and they almost kiss. Gina pulls away and says she does not and has always told him so and showed him for example when she jumped back at his touch. Antonio smiles at her. Gina then says she told him, because she dislikes being involved in scandals, and is not here to start one. He asks her why she builds walls around herself and is trying to push him away and ignore him, despite loving him.

Gina says she feels nothing for him, and he should not insist on something that is not there, she moves to leave but Antonio blocks her path, and holds up her face with one hand, and kisses her. Gina is powerless to stop him. It is like she is controlled by a powerful spell. It is like exploding fireworks, as Antonio deepens the kiss. They are however stopped from going further when there is a knock on the door. Gina glares at him, and he smiles back. He gives her the key and she moves to go and see who it is, as he sits on one of the desks.

It is Aurelio. He tells her Hector has sent him to get them because they should leave soon. Aurelio shakes his head when neither of them is looking at him. Hector, and Gina, he can't understand either of them. Hector sent him away because he wanted to be alone with Adrianna, and Gina was alone with Antonio. He sees Antonio, smile at Gina when he thinks he (Aurelio) is not watching. He knows his cousin is very stubborn, but even if she tries to hide it, she loves Antonio. Gina gets her bag, and locks up, as they leave.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

101K 2.1K 18
Luciana was taken by her mother hoping for a simpler life.Leaving behind her other children including Luciana's twin ,Adriana.However what happens wh...
8.3K 234 29
Marcelo Di Niro and Bianca Rossi had a Romeo and Juliet love story. The star cross lovers whose family's wouldn't allow the love. So right after grad...
9.2K 307 45
The hearing of her husband's cheating sends Abella Ferrari into a state of destitution. Anger and shock cover her into a thick blanket causing her de...
250K 5.6K 64
[COMPLETED] Book 2 in the Del Rosso series ____________________________________________ "It's you." ____________________________________________ Aud...