The Truth Untold

By mariahstar14

We are here for the final season of fruits basket. Star has found out that Kerueno's curse is broken. She als... More

Chapter 1 I'll Hold Another Banquet
Chapter 2 I'll Hold Another Banquet pt2
Chapter 3 senior flowers
Chapter 4 That Was So Thoughtless Of Me.
Chapter 5 I Don't Know How I Feel About Kyo.
Chapter 6 You made a true friend
Chapter 8 They Both Died Because Of Me.
chapter 9 I'm... Disappointed
Chapter 10 let me reach you.
Chapter 11 It's Progress
Chapter 12 I'll Follow You Anywhere
Chapter 13 I Want Her
Chapter 14 Goodbye
Chapter 15 You Fought Well.
Chapter 16 Breaking The News
Chapter I'll See You Again (Final)

Chapter 7 Tying Up Lose Ends

44 0 0
By mariahstar14

A/N I noticed people skipped a whole chapter I put out. If your confused go back and read chapter 5. It just an a quick announcement. Also trigger warning abuse and violence.

Hello akimitsu. Star said with a monotone voice. Hey babe come in! Akimitsu said letting star walk in. star took off her shoes. Akimitsu stared at star's every movement. The outfit she wore was and all black outfit with a black tee-shirt and and black pants while wearing her mother's gang jacket. Akimitsu licked his lips and he stood in front of her smirking. Wanna head up to my room. He asked.
No thanks we can talk i the living room thank you. Star said as she headed to the couch. She could hear akimitsu sigh with frustration. As they both sat down. Star got right to the point.
Look i'm not here to make up with you alright. I'm here to say i've think i've found someone to fill the emptiness in my heart. The emptiness that you've created with your toxic ways. Star said as she stared at him with a blank expression.
Look star i told you i changed listen. Akimitsu said rasing his hand a bit making star flench a bit. Akimitsu put his hand down.
You haven't changed one bit akimitsu your still the same. Star said.
How? Akimitsu asked. With just the single comment you made earlier.
"Hey babe." and "do wanna go to my room?" two things that you always said to me when i came over. Especially why would i go to the place that gives me so many painful memories. The place where you locked me up for hours beating me and forcing yourself on to me. What would you have done if i followed you? Huh? Hit me? Make me be your slut. Show me who's really in charge. Star said while akimitsu glared at her.
So what if i would have. You need to be put back in your place. Ever since you left me and the gang. Your acting like you actually have a say. Akimitsu said with a smirk.
See you haven't changed. I'm going i just wanted to see you and forget you. Because someone has shown me how a boy is supposed act around a girl. Star said getting up. Akimitsu shot up and grabbed her wrist harsly. Making star freeze.
You stupid bitch! I've had enough of your stupid shit. Shut your mouth! Akimitsu said raising his hand about to slap her. Star let him smack her. She was too frozen to do anything.
No! It's happening again. He's gonna beat me! I won't ever get out of here! Why did i come here? Akimitsu was about to strike her again but star saw a image of kyo in her mind then grabbed his wrist. Akimitsu eyes widen in shock. Star then twisted his wrist hearing a crack. Akimitsu fell to his knees in pain.
You stupid slut what have you done! Akimitsu shouted.
Don't forget who broke both your legs. Star said as she stared at him with blank eyes.

Flash back
After uotani found star at akimitsu house. She kicked his ass leaving him on the ground. She hugged star who didn't hug her back. Uotani pulled back and saw she was i a dazed like state.
Oh star. Please say something. Uotani said. Star slowly looked over at akimitsu who looked defenseless. She slowly walked over to and grabbed his metal bat. As she dragged it on the floor. Akimitsu looked up at her. Get away from me you stupid bitch! Akimitsu shouted. Call me a bitch one more time... star mumbled.

BITCH! Akimitsu shouted. Star's pupils shrunk with anger. She then swung the bat at his leg super hard hearing a loud crack. You whore! I think you broke my leg. Akimitsu shouted. Star whacked his other leg making a loud crack sound.
The more names you call me the more i hurt you. Your gonna feel the same pain i felt. Star said as she grabbed his hair then tossing him to the ground.
You won't do shit. Your just a little slut who serves me. Star felt her sanity snap. She raised the bat up.
Star no! Uotani shouted. Star slammed the bat down but uotani pushed her making her fall to the ground. She was aming for his head. And with the amount of force she would have killed him. Star slowly looked up and saw her mom staring down at her. M-mom? Star called.
Oh my baby! Akari said helping star up. Come on let's get you out of here and cleaned up. Akari said while star just nodded and limped out the door while holding on to her mother.
You're lucky i saved you. She was gonna smash your brains in. you come anywhere near her again. I will kill you myself you understand me? Uotani asked. Akimitsu scoffed at her but agreed.
End of flash back
Akimitsu growled at her.
I was different back then. I was afraid to hit back. Now i'm not. Star said glaring at him. Akimitsu scoffed.
Yeah right your not gonna- star straight kicked him in the face knocking him out. Goodbye akimitsu. She said then left his house. Star met up with uotani,hana, and tohru. She told them what happened since she had a bruise on her face. They were all proud that she's deciding to let the past not consume her.
After the grave visit at kazuma's house
Playing hide-and-seek, kagura? Kazuma asked making kagura squeal.
Shh! Sensei, please just pretend i'm not here. Kagura whispered. Star walked into the living room and saw kazuma.
Oh? I hope i'm not intruding. Star asked bowing.
Not at all. Come on in. i take it you've dropped by to see isuzu? Kazuma asked, walking in the living room from the other side.
Yes, I was on my way home from visiting my mom's... star trailed off and saw Kagura hiding from her since she saw her shadow. You're welcome to head on up to her room. Kazuma said. Star smile faltered then she bowed. Then headed to rin's room. As a shadow covered her eyes.
Well, what's wrong? Are you avoiding her because you had a fight? Kazuma asked. Not a fight. It's more complicated than that. I don't think I can see her after everything. I haven't figured out how to move on. I know that'll show on my face. I'll feel like she's the winner and i'm the loser. Kagura started punching the paper door, breaking it. And understanding that about myself is the worst part of all! Ugh, this is so frustrating! Kagura shouted while still punching the air.
You're right, that does sound awfully complicated. Kazuma said softly.
If she'd just get together with kyo already, I could at least be resigned to it. Kagura  said as she stopped punching the air.
What do you think? Does she love kyo? Kazuma asked.
Yeah, why wouldn't she love him? That's like the stupidest question ever! And anyway, I know he's head over heels for her. Kagura shouted while punching the wall. Kazuma frowned, looking away from kagura. Kagura stopped punching the wall. Sensei? I thought it would make you happy. Kagura said.
I'm just a bit worried, i suppose. I hope she loves kyo for the right reasons.  For the person he is. And not just out of compassion or pity. Kazuma said.
Star sat in the middle of the room.
So, any special reason you're here? Rin asked the snapping star out of her thoughts. Well, i felt bad. It was rude of me to run away like that last time, and it's been several days now. Star said.
You taking off didn't bother me, but... why kyo? Of all people. Star was taken back by her question. I mean, he's the cat. Do you pity him? Rin asked, leaving star lost for words.
You may not have known this, but the previous cat had a companion. The woman in charge of looking after him. She conceived his child. Stayed with him till his death. One day, someone asked her, "how could you devote so many years of your life to a creature like the cat?"
poor thing. I couldn't help but feel sorry for him. Perhaps that sentiment is a laudable one. And perhaps my grandfather was happier then he would have been spending his days alone. But still... kagura set the broom down.
Hm? Kazuma asked. Kagura started to walk away towards where rin and star where.
This feeling. It's cruel and greedy. All-consuming. Can it really be pity? Star stood up staring at rin. It sounds noble, saying i wanna protect the zodiac members. Free them from the curse. But those are just... excuses! I'm hiding from my true feelings. Tricking you, like a coward. The truth is...
Star: I put my mom first in my heart before, but now...
What I want is him. I want kyo. I can't let him be taken from me! Not by the curse, or the somas, or anyone else! Because more than anything, he's what's precious to me! Star said as tears rolled down her face. Kagura ran in and slapped her face. Star fell to the ground.
Why are you telling her? Star looked up in shock at kagura. Idiot! You should be telling him! Kagura shouted.
My niece went through a tough time. him being gone and her mother dealing with the pain. Her uncle explained.
Star: Did daddy not love me? Is that why he left us? Is it my fault? Where's mommy? Is she going to leave too? She hasn't talked to me in weeks. Maybe it makes her sad that i don't look like daddy now. If i start acting just like him and dye my hair back. Will she get better? Will she stay with me?
Not long after, there was a time when akari was away from home– from star– for a long while. It started then.
Akari: it started then. Daisuke... She sounded like him.
Kyo: she never finished that sentence, but i think i finally know how it would have ended. One time, Akari had to stay out all night for work. Star was home by herself, so I thought I'd sneak over and get a look at her. The star I saw that night, sitting all alone, is that who the star really is?
Star fixed the sheets on the clothesline not noticing kyo standing behind her.
Kyo: even now, is she still...
The wind blew causing star to clenched the sheet so it wouldn't fly away. That lonely girl?
Star looked over and saw Kyo staring at her. She yelped, getting surprised by him standing there.
Uh. Kyo said, confused on why she screamed.
Oh, uh you startled me. I didn't realize you were home! Star said, freaking out as she heard her heartbeat.
Yeah. you came back early too, huh? Kyo asked.
Yeah, a bit. I heard that it was supposed to rain this evening. But I guess there was nothing to worry about! Star said as she started to take one of the clips off the sheet. Kyo turned his head away from her then turned back to her.
Hey. I was just wondering what does your dad look like? Kyo asked making star gasp and her pupils widened. You don't talk about him, but do you resemble him? At all? Kyo asked. Star's smile faltered as she let go of the sheet.
Well, um I do but I don't like it either.  All the way to a tee. His eyes and hair I have. But hey even if i didn't like it. People said my way of speaking was just like his. Even my mom thought so. She told me that is was similar. Star said, smiling at kyo.
Oh, yeah? Well, that probably made her happy. Kyo said star let go of the sheet and turning around, letting it cover her body. No. That's a lie. I'm actually nothing like him. I started imitating him so I wouldn't seem so different. Star clenched the sheet. It's awful, but the truth is... in my head, I made my dad the bad guy. He wasn't, of course, not at all. I may not have seen him when I was born. But the kindness, he's shown to me the past few months. The stories he told me of him and mom. But... back then i thought he might take mom away with him. I had to find some way to make her notice me, so she wouldn't leave and go to him. I wanted to keep her here. I couldn't bear to be left behind. I'd do anything to feel safe. To keep the person I love from being taken from me. So I did it. I pinned the blame on my father because it made it easier. That's how selfish I am. I'd break any promise for my own sake. I'm horrible. Star said as she cried.
kyo:It was... so foolish. She must've thought hard about it. She didn't want her mom to go and leave her behind, so she needed to figure something out. She chased the image of her father through her mother's memories or stories. And the answer she came up with was...
young star:"H-hey welcome home." "i'm glad you're back." "did you have fun?" "awesome i'm glad."
Kyo: It was off the mark and totally absurd, but it was what she had. It was so foolish, watching her stubbornly keep at it. Watching her do her best to hide her loneliness... seeing her torture herself like that... It was so foolish. And it made my heart ache.
Kyo stood on the other side of the sheet pulling her shoulder to him, hugging her. Star's eyes shook as her tears slid down her cheek.
I'm sure that your mom realized what you were doing. And guessed the reason why. But I'm also sure that it helped her. That it gave her strength. Kyo said, still hugging star.
I hope that's true. Star mumbled.
It is believe it. Kyo said.
I'm so sorry. I must sound so pathetic.
star: I shouldn't say–
Kyo: It's fine.
Say it. Whatever you need. You won't disappoint me. Kyo said, making star's eyes widen. She then hugged him making there body's touch even though it was through the sheet fabric.
Kyo transformed.
At kazuma's house
I refuse to apologize. Star and I communicated with our fists. Kagura said. You're the only one who did any hitting. Rin said.
Some people can easily trust others to do what needs to be done. And honestly, I kind of envy them for that. But maybe I can do it, too. Because what she was feeling definitely wasn't pity. All right, it's settled! I'll leave it to her! Kagura said, turning to them with tears in her eyes. Oh give me a break. You're so annoying when you get like this. Rin says making kagura run over to her.
Stop complaining and hug me! Kagura cried.
Back at the house
Star opened up her photo of her mom revealing different photos and one with her and her father.
This is him, my father. Star said walking over to kyo with the picture.
So, you do have a photo of him. Kyo walked into star's room over to her. I kinda figured. Kyo said while taking the picture.

Star smiled and looked down.
Kagura: You idiot! You should be telling him!
Star held the picture frame tightly.
I– star gasped as she looked down at the picture of her mother and she wasn't there just in the background. She then looked up at Kyo and gasped seeing her mother behind kyo. Kyo looked up from the picture and looked at star.
Hm? What's wrong? Kyo asked. Star stared passed him and her eyes widened then she looked down at the ground.
Nothing. She mumbled. Kyo stared at her then looked at the hat behind her. His eyes widened as he remembered Akari laying dead on the ground in front of him.
I remember. I locked it away, but...
Akari: I won't forgive you.

Kyo shook in terror as he dropped the photo causing star to look at the photo then up at him.
Kyo. your face. Is something the matter? What's wrong? Star asked, dropping the frame cracking it.
Kyo, please talk to me! Star shouted worriedly.
I remember now. Kyo said in his mind as he still shook in terror.
Kyo! Star shouted in worry.
Akari: I won't forgive you.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

381K 11.4K 105
Running, something you are far to good at. But you, (Name) were running for your life running to the only people you could trust. You were afraid, al...
14.7K 407 17
After Tohru talked with Isuzu Sohma, she wants more than anything to break the curse. She knows she can't do it without help, so she asks Saki's litt...
126K 4.1K 28
The beautiful boy from her memories is now the monster before her. Can she heal the sickness of the Sohma family from the source? Can he heal her too...
435 6 7
*Contains some manga spoilers* After the Somha Family curse takes on a different form, Kyo's released from his cage due to mysterious circumstances...