In the Middle of the Night (H...

By Hunters_Bitxh

~These burning flames, these crashing waves, wash over my like a hurricane, I captivate, you're hypnotized~ Y... More

- Playlist! -
1. Hug me!
2. Are You Bored Yet?
3. Hidden In the Sand
4. Cotton Candy Skies
5. Teenagers
6. Last Friday Night
7. Mad Hatter
8. We Fell in Love in October
9. High School Sweethearts
10. Fly Me to the Moon
11. Hayloft II
12. Light Switch
13. Homage
14. Despair
15. Solider, Poet, King
16. The Record Player Song
17. Pity Party
18. Sweet Hibiscus Tea
19. Not allowed
20. Pumped up Kicks
21. Backstabber
22. Sports
23. Wolf in Sheep's Clothing
24. My Ordinary Life
26. Masquerade
27. Two Birds
28. Mr. Loveman
29. Butterfly's Repose
(Extra) Blow My Brains Out
(Extra 2) Training Wheels
30. Ship in a Bottle
(Extra 3) Careless Whisper

25. My Strange Addiction

1.5K 40 30
By Hunters_Bitxh

Previously,
"Are you sure you don't want to give this to Hunter?" She smirked. I turned pink and laughed. "No, I took a bunch," I explained. King went to the edge of the tub. "I'll see you guys soon," I told them before waving goodbye as P/n started leaving.

-My Strange Addiction-

~Bad, bad news, one of us is gonna lose, I'm the powder, you're the fuse, just add some friction~

I land swiftly in front of the school. I had already changed into my school outfit so I could blend in. I came in and I noticed no one was inside. P/n turned back into a bird and planted themselves on my shoulder. I looked around and I heard something in the gym. I ran in and saw everyone listening to Adrian. I ran into the crowd and looked around. I saw Gus and I ran to him. "Aww hi, illusion master!" I hugged him. "Y/n!" He hugged me back. "Where's Luz?" Gus asked. "Oh she's with Mom, I think," I told him. Everyone started to gasp and I decided to listen to his "speech."

"Unfortunately, I'm not here with good news. The Emperor's Coven has plans to stop multitrack studies by inducting every Hexside student into a coven before the Day of Unity." He announced. Everyone gasped. I rolled my eyes. "Don't worry. No one's magic is going to be sealed away. Head Witch Graye supports us and has come to help." Bump assured everyone. "Please, he loves the Emperor. Belos can step on him and he'll be thanking him." I whispered to Gus. Gus chuckled a little bit.

"Before any coven scouts come by, I'm going to make illusions of sigils on your wrists. They'll be temporary and harmless." He told them as they brought Edric up stage. "Whoa, whoa, whoa! Wait wait! I just started the other tracks. Are you sure this is safe?" Edric asked. "Don't worry. Once a scout sees the fake sigil, they'll move on, and you can continue your studies in peace." He replied.

Edric lifted his sleeve and Adrien held onto his wrist. "Now hold still." He ordered. Gus gasped. "Stop!" He shouted. Everyone moved out of the way. "Don't trust him. He's hiding behind an illusion!" Gus yelled. Gus made a spell and it was revealed to be a coven scout. The teachers went in to defend him and the coven scout was ready to fight them back. "Cut! Just..." Adrian groaned. "Cut." He added.

Scouts appeared everywhere and even scouts were doing lighting and audio. Adrian appeared in his director's seat holding a coffee. There he is." I crossed my arms. "All right. Couple of notes. Tom, that Adrian illusion was lacking a certain..." He hummed. "You get me?" Adrian walked away. "I don't know." The scout shrugged. "Severine, that was really... poor work. You're on thin ice." He warned.

The scout groaned. "Captain, the read of your last line was just a little..." He grunted. "I don't know what that means." The captain told him. "You'll figure it out." He gave the scout his coffee. He appeared next to Gus and grabbed his arm. "And you... Well, you just ruined any chance we had of making this something." Adrian complained. "You were going to trick them into getting sigils!" I yelled at him.

"Uh, yeah. I work for Belos. Kind of my job. But let's make sure you..." He looked at Gus. "Can never use your little illusion tricks again." He switched the sigil on the glove into an abomination one. Everyone gasped. "No! No, stay back." He warned. I was about to make a spell ring. "I said stay back!" Gus yelled and made an illusion. The scenes changed around us. "How are you doing this?" Adrian asked. I pulled Gus away and a hooded figure grabbed my hand. They started running away and I held Gus with my other hand.

When they stopped running (because they bumped into a locker) I pulled my hand back. "Who are you?!" I got my staff ready. They groaned and their hood fell and I recognized him instantly. "Hunter!" I smiled. "Y/n!" He got up and hugged me tightly. "I went over to your house and it was full of scouts. I thought you ran away." He told me. "Why are we here?" I turn to Gus. Gus looked at me and one of his eyes was blue. "Ooh, that looks cool!" I examined his eye. "My spell, it's still active," Gus told us. "Well, you're a witch. Unspell it." Hunter pointed out the obvious. "No, I don't know how! I've never made one this big before!" Gus yelled. "Don't stress the baby out!" I ordered Hunter while hugging Gus.

"It's okay. We can find a teacher." I told Gus. Hunter put his hand on the lockers and started to walk away. "Yeah, maybe they know how to help," Hunter told us. "Hunter, why'd you save me back there? You could've just taken Y/n if you wanted to." Gus asked. "Aww, Hunter couldn't leave you like that, right?" I glanced at Hunter. "But don't those guys work for you?" Gus questioned. "I owed you. For the food." He stopped at the steps. "Are these real steps or illusion steps?" He started walking to find out but he fell down the stairs.

I laughed and ran to Hunter. "Are you okay?" I asked trying not to laugh. I failed miserably. I helped him up. "When we first met, you were trying to trick me into a coven, and now you're helping me stay away from one? Cause of a sandwich?" Gus wondered. "It was a good sandwich." Hunter avoided eye contact. "No sandwich is that good!" Gus yelled as he tailed behind us. "Come on, Hunter. If we wanna find a way out, you also need to trust Gus too. Plus, look at him! The kid is adorable!" I looked behind me and Gus raised his brow.

"Hey, It's the kid!" A scout shouted. My eyes widen and I made a spell ring. "Get back!" I shouted as I made a huge explosion. Hunter attacked one of the scouts but one managed to trap him. They tried taking Flapjack but he flew to my shoulder. "Hunter!" I shouted. The scout tied me up in vines. "Wait. Aren't you the Golden Gaurd?" One asked. "Seriously? Dude, what the heck? We're on the same side! The other shouted.

One looked at me and back at Hunter. "And isn't that your girlfriend? You guys are on the same side as us are you kidding me?" They let us go. "Our deepest apologies, sir." They surrounded Hunter. "The Emperor sent out a search party for you guys. He's been worried sick." They reported. "You don't say..." Hunter looked at me. I remembered what Belos said and I started to freak out. I made a big ring and fired at them. I got Gus out and I started running. "Let's go!" I yelled. I ran through a wall and thank Titan it wasn't real. It was Gus's room. They followed me in and I started internally freaking out.

"Oh, Titan! He's looking for me!" Hunter said walking to a drawer. "He'll know I'm here! I gotta run. I gotta hide." He sat down. I ran to him and I sat in front of him. Gus put his hand on Hunter's shoulder. "Hey, try to breathe... You too Y/n. Like this." He breathed in and breathed out. He timed himself using his fingers. I followed his breathing and I calmed down. Gus sat down next to Hunter. I looked at Hunter and he did too. "Did you run away from the Emperor's Coven?" Gus asked.

Hunter nodded. "Why?" Gus questioned. Hunter was about to answer his question but huffed instead. "Not too long ago, when I showed a little talent and started taking more advanced classes, it always felt like anyone who wanted to be my friend had an ulterior motive. Until I met Willow. And eventually Luz and Y/n and some others." Gus got up and admired his wall full of pictures. I noticed I was in there too. "So yeah, not everybody's great. But not everyone's bad either, you know? For what it's worth, you can trust me. I promise not to mess with you." Gus smiled.

"That's not worth anything. Stop acting foolish." Hunter looked away. "Hunter! Don't be so mean." I advised. His guard went down and I took my chance to hug him. "Y/n!" He groaned before hugging me back. "Okay, lovebirds, let's get back." Gus went through a wall. I got up and I helped him back up. He gave me a proper hug and smiled. "Aww, you are such a big softie!" I smirked back. He scoffed. "Whatever." He crossed his arms. I kissed his cheek and I went through the wall.

~~~~~~

We got to a hall that looked like the school. "Is this real?" Hunter asked. I looked at Gus and he got gum stuck on his hand. "Yes! Yeah, we made it through the illusion!" Gus cheered. "High five!" Gus raised his hand. I high-fived him and Gus went to Hunter. Gus high-fived him and Hunter grabbed his hand. "Is your hand okay?" I asked him. He nodded and I smiled. I saw Willow at the end of the hallway. "Oh, it's Willow!" I shouted. Gus ran over to her.

"Hunter, why aren't you with Darius?" I asked him. "Because he had to go to work. So I ran away." He replied. "That's interesting." I crossed my arms. "What?" He looked back at me. I shrugged and looked at Gus and Willow. "Wait, I'm sorry." He placed his hand on my shoulder. "Relax, I'm not mad." I smiled at him. "Oh... Well, good." He looked in front. "Whoa. What is he doing here?" Willow asked.

Gus whispered to her and she looked back at us. "Interesting... Anyway, let's find the others before these illusions get any more..." She shivered. "What?" I whispered. "She isn't scared of some illusions," I added. "Yeah... You're right." Hunter mumbled. "Okay, Let's get moving." Gus proposed. Hunter teleported in front of them. "Who are you?" Hunter asked. I teleported next to Hunter. "What are you guys doing?" He went in front of her. "Willow's on our side." He added.

"That isn't Willow," I told him. "You're scaring me, guys." She mumbled. "Have you ever seen her play Flyer Derby? There's no way she'd be afraid of us." Hunter admitted. Gus walked over to my side and I heard Adrian's annoying voice. "Oh again? Cut!" He shouted. I watched "Willow" turn into a scout and I went in front of Hunter.

"Severine! You had your chance and you blew it! Not that I'm surprised." Adrian spat. "But, I- I followed all your notes." She told him. "Well, they were still able to see through your shoddy performance. So maybe you should've figured out the note inside the note." He advised. Severine whined and walked away. "And you three..." He turned to us. "Are making my job very difficult." He walked over to us. I got into a defensive stance. Hunter took my hand and I took Gus's. He started running but Belos got in front of us.

My eyes widened and I let go. "No..." I stepped back and my eyes widened. His piercing eyes stared at us. I felt someone kick me and I fell. I look back and Hunter was on the floor and Adrian had his foot on Hunter. He had Gus's arms behind his back. I tried to make a spell but a scout took my wrists. I looked at them and Belos wasn't there. Those damn illusions. "I command you to stop!" Hunter shouted.

They paused but still had me in their hands. "Technically, he is our superior." One said. "Well, right now, he's just a runaway. And our dearest emperor wants him and his girlfriend back so tie them up." He ordered. They made me get up and I started kicking the air. Hunter kicked one of the scouts and I headbutted the other's chin. Scout one groaned. "Just put them-" Scout two interrupted him. "Out of his misery? Gotten." The third one made a spell ring.

I kicked him away from us. "To sleep, dude! to sleep!" Scout One corrected him. "Oh!" His circle popped. "Yeah, right, right." He summoned a flute and I started freaking out. "No! No! Let me go!" I struggled. "Hunter!" I looked to my side. He tried fighting it but he eventually fell asleep. P/n chirped around me as I started to feel weak and my eyes started to close.

~~~~~~

I woke up and I started to panic. "Y/n!" I felt someone hug me and I saw the long green hair. "Emira!" I hugged her back. "He's waking up," Skara announced. I hurriedly grabbed my staff and got up just to feel my legs give up on me and I fell. I weakly got up and went to Hunter. "Hunter? Are you alright?" I asked him. He got up and looked at me. He then looked around and freaked out. "This- This is an illusion!" Hunter shouted. "Gus, Y/n are you-" He tripped. "Hunter, relax!" I helped him up. "I promise I'm real, but you can't stand that fast.

"This isn't an illusion. You're in the Healing Homeroom." Skara told us. "Well, Mr. Golden Gaurd." Bump walked towards us. "Hunter." He corrected him. "We saw you and Y/n being dragged around, and the Flyer Derby was determined to save you. But I am not yet convinced of your innocence. Where have your scouts taken Augustus?" Bump asked. Everyone started to gossip.

I stepped in front of Hunter. "He isn't the Golden Gaurd anymore, I swear!" I told the principal. "We were with Gus the whole time. I was trying to get him and Y/n to you." Hunter admitted. "Maybe we can trade him for Augustus. I'm sure the Emperor would want him back." The illusion teacher suggested. "Back off!" I warned as I got my staff ready.

"I'm not lying. Gus was showing me around. There was a sandwich... He showed me this breathing thing..." Hunter was trying to convince them. "Please... You have to believe us." I pleaded. Willow appeared next to me. "They're telling the truth," Willow told them. "And he can help us drive Head Witch Graye and his scouts out of the school." Willow proposed.

"Yes, um, Graye said he'll be in the gym," Hunter told us. "Really? You heard that? Damn, I blacked out didn't I?" I lowered my guard. "But he will be guarded," Hunter added. "That won't be a problem." Amity got up. "Willow can bust through anything." Amity looked at her. "Yeah, but I'll need help." Willow smiled. "Say no more! I'm on it." Mat insisted. I turned to Hunter and I smiled. "I need to tell you about my adventure before this! I was praised by hundreds of people!" I told him. He smiled and hugged me. "Tell me all about it." He invited.

~~~~~~

We followed the principal even though we were invisible. "Gym is off-limits. Graye's orders." The guard told him. "Graye maybe Head Witch but I'm still principal. It'd be wise to let me through." Bump advised. The guard chuckled. "Oh yeah?" He asked. "Yeah." Bump turned his palisman into a staff and I watched everyone become visible. The guard whistled and a bunch more came. They came charging at us and I smiled. One tried attacking me but I froze them in place. I looked in the corner of my eye one running toward me and Hunter attacked them. "Thank you, sweetheart!" I shouted. I put a few on fire and I trapped another two in vines. I saw the captain start to get frustrated. "Enough! I will not be cowed by a group of students!" He shouted. He got blasted to the wall and got glued on by abomination goo and vines.

"Then how about just two of us?" Willow and Amity struck a pose that they probably practiced. Hunter grabbed my hand and ran to the gym. He kicked down the door. Adrian and two other guards were groaning in pain while Gus was inside a blue ball. "Gus! We need to save him! I swear if any one of these stupid guards hurt him I will-" I stopped when I saw Hunter's worried face. "What's going on?" Amity asked. Luckily Willow came to answer her question. "Gus is trapped in his head and the others are being affected too."

I felt the ground shake and I looked behind me. An abomination came over to us and the captain was controlling it. "I needed a reason to play with one of these!" The guard laughed. "I really have to talk to my parents about this," Amity mumbled. Willow and Amity got their staffs ready. "We'll hold him off. You guys save Gus." Willow ordered. "You got it, flower girl!" I took Hunter's and went towards the ball. On the way, I kicked Adrian in the stomach. Serves him for stepping on Hunter like that.

Once we were close I felt my head hurt as I had flashbacks of every bad thing that happened to me. Going into the Emperor's mind, King's tower, mom getting captured... I snapped out of it and I shook Hunter. Soon he came back from reality and I guided us into the orb. I touched Gus's shoulder and different environments flashed before my eyes. It stopped at a forest and I walked around, still having Hunter's hand in my grasp. I turned around and we were in a classroom.

"Gus!" I shouted. "What's wrong with me? Why can't I learn?" He asked himself. "Gus!" I let go of Hunter and ran over to him. I tried touching him but he disappeared. "Keep holding my hand. I don't want to lose you." Hunter advised. I nodded and grabbed his hand. I turned around and he was sitting down as a few kids circled him, laughing. "I let myself get tricked again." He said before everything turned white. I felt some wind blow on my skin and I saw the background change. Gus was standing in front of mirrors that had eyes looking at him.

"Everyone thinks I'm the smart one. So why do I keep acting so dumb?" He asked himself. "Gus, can you hear us?" Hunter went to Gus and tried placing his hand on his shoulder. Everything turned white again and I looked around. I backed up and we ended up back in Gus's room. "I can't even trust myself anymore." Gus had his head buried in his knees. I looked at Hunter and he nodded. I sat next to Gus and Hunter sat on the other side of him.

"It's hard when you can't trust yourself. I spent my whole life believing I was doing something good for someone good but it was a lie. And some part of me still wants to believe in that lie. Just like you want to believe you're dumb or whatever." He admitted. I smiled. "But it's not true!" Hunter added. Gus looked at him. "I promise. I wouldn't mess with you." Hunter told him. "I'm not good at words so..." I pulled Gus into a big side hug.

Gus looked at me. "Uh, now, uh, how did that breathing thing go again?" He gasped and tried to breathe but ended up whistling. "No, you have to hold it for a minute!" I told him. "A minute?! I can't even hold it for 30 seconds!" Hunter yelled back. We stopped shouting when Gus started laughing. I looked at him and his eyes were back to normal.

I watched the illusion fade and Hunter got up. He helped me get up and I helped Gus. I walked with Hunter and we were about to pass Willow and Gus. Willow grabbed my arm and Gus took Hunter. They made us join in the hug and I hugged them back. "What's happening?" He asked. "Just go with it," I told him.

~~~~~~

I watched them take Adrian away and I looked at the blonde next to me. "You look a mess, dear," I told him. "I do?" He looked at his outfit. "Yeah, but we'll get you cleaned up in the locker rooms," I told him as I brushed off some dirt on his cape. I looked at Gus next to us and I hugged him. "You're so strong!" I smiled. "Thanks." He smiled. I let him talk to Amity and Willow and went back to Hunter. "First what is in your hair?" I took some soap out of my bag. "Oh, a little bit of everything." He responded.

I was about to make a water ball put everybody came over to us. I put my soap away. "Hunter! What's going on at the castle?" Skara asked. "Did you actually leave the Emperor's Coven?" Viney questioned. "Have you ever sneezed with your mask on?" Edric wondered out loud. Barcus barked. Hunter looked at me and I placed my hand on his shoulder. He inhaled and started answering questions. "Everyone in the castle is traveling to the Head of the Day of Unity. I think I did. Yes?" He shrugged.

"That's gross man," Edric commented. I laughed. "Listen, Emperor Belos had been lying to everyone. The Day of Unity isn't about the Titan or magic. It's much scarier than that. Sorry, there's a lot to explain." He looked at the floor. "Then you'd better get started." Bump advised. "I'll help you, Hunter," I told him.

~~~~~~

Bump let us stay for a bit. He said I was in his care now and I couldn't leave. I was in the guy's locker room and I closed the door, making sure no one can get inside. "Alrighty, Hunter! Time to get to work!" I brought back my soap and I quickly cleaned out one of the sinks. "Is my hair really that bad?" He asked. I nodded and I pointed at the sink. He came to me and I pulled a chair. I brought out one of the shirts I stole from Bill. I put that on his neck and I started to wash his hair.

After I finished getting all the dirt and stuff out I washed out the soap. I noticed a towel I made it float to me. "Hunter you can put your head up," I told him. He raised his head and shook it vigorously. I laughed as the water went everywhere. "Hunter!" I shouted. He looked back at me and he was still soaked. "Here." I handed him a towel. "By the time you're out, Willow will find an outfit for you." I instructed. I heard a knock and I looked at the door. "Speak of the Titan." I go open the door and Willow gave me the clothes.

"Thanks," I told her. I went to the locker room and I laid the clothes out. "Oh, Y/n?" He stuck his head out. "What?" I turned to him. "Hi!" He smiled at me. "Hello dear." I smiled back and I walked out of the locker room. In the meantime, went to the other locker room and changed into some comfortable clothes. When I came out Hunter did too. "How do I look?" He showed me his outfit. I walked over to him and fixed his shirt. "You look perfect." I winked at him.

He twirled me around and hugged me tightly. I noticed my feet weren't touching the ground so I wrapped my legs around his waist. "Gosh, you are amazing." He told me as he buried his head in the crook of my neck. "You are too." I chuckled as I played with his semi-wet hair. I heard something near us and Hunter let me go. "Oh, there you two are." Gus smiled. "Let's go!" I smiled. He guided us to where we were hiding. I looked around the classroom and I looked back at Gus. "Sorry, the only place we can find." Gus shrugged. "It's fine. I and Hunter know a secret place anyway." I smiled at Gus.

Once he left I grabbed Hunter's hand. I ran to the detention room I first stayed in and drew a square on the chalkboard. I made a symbol of a lock and I opened it. "After you." I invited. He went into the board and I followed him. I pulled some blankets out of the closet and some pillows. I took out a book from my bag and I made us a little bed and the birds flew around. I heard something and Hunter got into a defensive stance. "Hunter, you know you can relax with me. It was just the closet door." I closed it.

"Sorry, I just have been so on edge lately. He sat on the blankets. I sat next to him as he started to read one of his grimwalkers books. I quickly kissed him on his cheek and pretended to look everywhere else. I felt him kiss me on the cheek back and I laughed. He looked at me and set his book down. He rolled his eyes as he took his gloves off. He gave me another kiss on the cheek and he took my face into his hands. He placed another kiss on my forehead and I chuckled at his antics.

I looked at him again and he placed his lips on mine. I closed my eyes and after a few more seconds I pulled back. I felt my face start to get hot. "Well... That's bananas..." Hunter mumbled. "I still don't know what those are." I laughed nervously. "Me either!" His face got flushed in pink. I laughed a bit more before I went over to Hunter. I picked up his hand and examined it. I wondered why he doesn't show me his hands that often. I rubbed his hand and he focused on his book again. I smiled as I started tapping his hand in a random rhythm. When he finally looked at me, I took his book and took a seat on his lap. "Ugh, I'm tired!" I whined as I faced him.

Hunter looked around and he put a blanket over us. I gave him a peck on his lips before burying my head into his neck. He chuckled and I heard him opening his book again. I closed my eyes and I felt myself fall asleep.

[Word Count: 4449]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

51.8K 927 38
You were regarded as a weird child in kindergarten. Weren't all the kids strange though? Despite the number of weird kids in your general class and g...
22.4K 679 48
Picture isn't mine As he stood there, being offered the staff of the last Golden Guard. he accepted all of his conditions. Hunters dream was finally...
20.4K 691 55
Hello, this is my first fanfic so it probably won't be as good but I hope you like it! Ships included: Lumity Huntlow Raeda Aladarius ...and maybe m...
18.2K 438 19
. . . . . ╰──╮ SPOILERS IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCH THE OWL HOUSE! ⋆ ★ Your role in the story is played as Hunters "Sister", which is another grimwalker. Bu...