COTE: Mysterious Siblings(DIS...

By X-Yoshimaru-X

Two sibling OCs get put into Class D. What would they do if they had the abilities to do so, but didn't want... More

The OCs
Volume 1: Ambition
Volume 1: Past Wounds, Present Problems
Volume 1: Fools Stay Fools
Volume 1: Reap What You Sow
Volume 1: Weapon of Choice
Volume 1: Tide Turner
School Database
Volume 2: Daresay
Volume 2: Counter-Attack
Volume 2: There Are No Heroes
WR Files: Toma Mizuka
Volume 3: It Truly is Summer
Volume 3: What Lies Ahead
Volume 3: Mentality Can Break
Volume 3: The Real Enemy
Volume 3: Tyrant VS Sister
Volume 3: Internal Conflict
WR Files: The Father
Volume 4: A Dying Flame
Volume 4: Memories
Volume 4: Animals Out and About
Volume 4: Closure
WR Files: Shiraishi Kasumi
Volume 4.5: Business on a Leisure Day
Volume 4.5: Make It Count
WR Files: Archer's Surveillance
Volume 5: Game On
Volume 5: Alone? Or Lonely?
Volume 5: Let Us Begin
Volume 5: Those With Conviction
Volume 5: Disadvantages
Volume 5: Therefore, I Am Me
WR Files: The Matsuos & Nanase Tsubasa
Volume 6: Fallen Leaves
Volume 6: Roses Have Thorns
Volume 6: To Ashes
Volume 6: The Victor and Vanquished
WR Files: Tokunaga & Subject 5-12
Volume 7: Fires Come, Fires Burn
Volume 7: Dominion
Volume 7: The Brother
Volume 7: Critical Moments
WR Files: Toma Hisoka & The Alters
Volume 7.5: Dawn, Break Forth
Volume 7.5: Guests, Friends, Opponents
Volume 7.5: Bejeweled and Beloved
WR Files: Loose Ends

Volume 6: Respite

417 18 9
By X-Yoshimaru-X

Real talk, I admire him, that's why I love provoking him and making him my enemy. Other than him, there's now this mastermind in his class that I want to hunt down. Crushing the both of them is going to be very satisfying. Class A can wait, I have a rivalry to settle.  -ImNoMasochist

Leave him alone, and take your pity with you. Out of respect, I will protect him from the likes of you. And I have four other people right behind me. He's already had enough.  -FourEyes

He himself is the problem, at least I believe so. Of course he's incapable of grasping everything, because he's thinking about the people around him, not himself. A person that things so lowly of themselves to the point that they think they're irrelevant in the eyes of the public, one would learn something from such a person, no matter what.  -Lilac

Ayanokouji POV

During the next day, I opened my door to see who was knocking at such a late hour. I was only brewing myself a cup of tea then planned on going to bed early since I had nothing else to do for the day.

Upon opening the door, I was greeted by Toma Hisoka, who had a few bags with him.

"What's up?" I asked him.

"The ceiling and the roof." He replied.

There was an awkward silence between us. 

"Anyway, can I come in?" 

"Sure." 

He went inside and I closed the door. Toma-kun was setting down the numerous paper bags on the empty dining table and sighed. 

"We got together to get you some things."

"What?"

He turned around, throwing a small box at me, to which I caught with my left hand. 

"All of these are for you. Come on, open them."

Ah, so he checked my student profile and saw my date of birth. From what I've read, it is a custom to give gifts or to celebrate the birthday of someone, but I didn't think of it as a special day. 

I opened the small box that he threw at me and found a Rubik's cube inside. It was a standard issue, just a normal Rubik's cube like any other, meant to be a brain teaser for anyone idling around. 

"What's all this about?" I asked, trying to be oblivious. 

"You can't trick me, that's why I insisted everyone that I'm the only one who should show up. I took the liberty of contacting the few people that actually cared for you and they gave you all these as presents." He replied, grabbing one of the paper bags and handing it to me. 

"Thanks, I guess."

"You've never celebrated before, haven't you?"

"...How could you tell?"

"Because we don't either. When Shizuko decided to give me a gift on my 12th birthday, I had the same reaction as you. Don't worry, it can be considered normal for some kids." 

"Fair enough, I suppose." 

I walked up to the table and opened the paper bag from there. It contained a beautifully made white coat, with black edges and scarlet red, gold or cyan designs all over. In short, it was well crafted with an image in mind. 

"This looks pretty good." I commented. 

"It should, that costed me around thirty thousand on it's own. No, you don't have to repay me or anyone else, it's your birthday after all." Toma-kun replied. 

Not wanting to make him think I wasn't interested in it, I cut off the tag and quickly put it on, trying it out. At the very least, it fit me, if not a bit oversized but hey it's a coat. 

"It suits you, I'm relieved."

"Thanks." 

I'll use this during the winter.

I took the coat off and looked through the other paper bags, there were six left. One of them, I found the tag that said it was from Ichinose. Toma-kun wasn't joking when he said he contacted the few that actually cared. 

There was a short message from Ichinose's tag, greeting me a happy birthday and whatnot. I opened the paper bag to find a...what is this thing? A stuffed toy?

"The hell is that?" Toma-kun said, taking a closer look.

"Is this custom made?" 

"Wait, hold it up facing the front, then look at me." 

I did as told, then Toma-kun held his chin with his hand. 

"Nah, doesn't look like you. But it's still a plushie wearing the school uniform." He said. 

How did Ichinose get this?

"This had to have been made to order, right?" I asked him. 

"Probably. It has a visible face, which takes hours to sew. Then again, I contacted everyone two weeks prior to today."

Ah, then that explains it. Picking out gifts takes a while, huh?

"Huh. Guess you should open the rest on your own. It's about to hit curfew hour."

"From what I remember, curfew hour only applies to the girls dorms, not ours." I told him.

"Isn't that pretty sexist of the school to do? Then again, people like Ike and Yamauchi exist." 

"That's certainly true."

"Either way, I'll just go back to my room for now. I tapped out of the study session for today just so I could gather everything and get these to you."

He went towards the door and put on his shoes, opening the door itself to leave. 

"Enjoy the gifts, and happy birthday, Ayanokouji."

"Thank you." 

He nodded at me then left my dorm, closing the door behind him. 

Perhaps there was more I could learn from them than I initially thought. 

_______________________________________________

Toma Hisoka POV

The next day after classes, I met with a certain someone. It was hard to get into contact with him, so instead I used my connections in his class to tell him to meet me at this very location. I was sitting on a bench, looking at the vast body of water that was in between us and the rest of Tokyo. 

"Heh. What'd you want, eh?" My guest had arrived, sitting beside me. 

"Here I thought you would bring a few other people with you." 

"Oh don't worry, I've got Albert nearby, and I can call in reinforcements anytime. This is the only time I'll be speaking with you casually."

Amid the tension of the exams, I called upon my arch-nemesis, Ryuuen Kakeru. Why you ask? For old times sake, I decided to get him a gift. 

"Here. Don't think much of it, but yesterday was your birthday, so I thought why not?"

I put the paper bag in-between us, and naturally, he eyed me suspiciously. 

"You sure you aren't just trying to poison me or some shit?" 

"The school doesn't let us buy such things." 

He slowly took the paper bag from the bench and looked inside. A few seconds afterwards, he was laughing like a maniac. 

"You're a fucking psychopath sometimes." He commented. 

The reason he said so is because I bought him a book filled with strategies used for wars. 

"It'll make the battle more enjoyable, don't you think?" I said. 

"Kukuku. After all those years taking down my gang, you actually began to understand me." 

The bench shifted creaked a bit as Ryuuen stood up and faced me. 

"I appreciate it. As for gratitude, I'm gonna read this whole thing and use all the strategies against you." He stated. 

I stood up to face him directly. 

"Improvise, adapt, overcome. I'll say this now, but I'm not your only enemy." 

"You think I don't know that? I understand you have allies in those chicks that surround you most of the time, and that beta male under Suzune." 

"Then it's all the more reason for you to accept my gift." 

I held out my hand to him. 

"I've respected you for what you do, especially since we're basically arch-enemies. For old time's sake, lets get along for a good hour or two." 

Of course, he was suspicious of this, but after knowing me for so long, he knew I meant it. Soon after, he took my hand in his own and shook it firmly. 

"Just this once. So, what did you want to talk about?" He asked with a sinister smirk. 

"Why don't we clear the air between us? Sit down, let's start over from the very beginning."

__________________________________________

After my little meeting with Ryuuen, the days went by very smoothly. For today, we were at the library, currently on going with one of the study sessions led by Horikita, and joined by Ichinose's classmates. I had the honor of tutoring some of them, thankfully Ike and Yamauchi weren't amongst that bunch.

It was just a bunch of girls that I wasn't too familiar with, save for Matsushita. There were four of them in total including her, the other girls were Inogashira, Shinohara and Ichihashi. 

"Alright, you understand this thoroughly?" I asked Inogashira as she just finished solving a math problem. 

"Y-Yes, thank you."

"Good. How about the rest of you? All done?" I turned to look at the other three girls. 

"Just finished." Ichihashi said, handing me her solution paper. 

"Same." 

"All done!" 

"That should conclude all the time we have for today. Go ahead and pack up." 

I looked over to Horikita and the others. Ike was stretching his arms and making a bit of a fuss, while Ayanokouji separated from Satou. Ichinose went up to Horikita as I did the same. 

"Good work everybody." I commented. 

"You too. Those girls under your tutelage are slowly improving, unlike some people." Horikita said, glaring at a shrinking Ike. 

"You can be a pretty good tutor Toma-kun." Ichinose said. 

"I just do what I need to do. At any rate, I'll just head to the study session tonight after getting some rest at my room." 

"Sure, go ahead." 

Now for the hard part, Amaya. She was sitting at a secluded area of the library, writing down on some paper, with a stack of books in front of her, a few of them were opened up. Things have been very awkward between us after our confrontation that day. 

"Hey." I said, walking up to her table.

"Did you need something?" She asked, not even bothering to look up.

"We're leaving. I wanted to check in and see how you were doing."

"Uh-huh, sure."

Yeah, I deserve this treatment.

Reluctantly, I slowly turned around to leave the library.

"You're not even going to try to persuade me to talk to you again?" She said behind me.

"What's the point? I messed up, and I can't really fix it with the way I am."

"You are correct, but there are always other methods. Truly, you've fallen quite far down. It's honestly disappointing."

"I don't move to meet expectations, I move to survive. So here's a question. Holistically speaking, do all of you still need me?"

"I do not speak for all of us, Hisoka-kun. Personally, as Amaya, I don't need your guidance, but I do need your assistance. However, the others like Nao-san do need you as their saving grace."

"If I'm so great then that just means your expectations of me are quite low, and I still didn't meet them. Whatever, not like I care."

Unlike Yuko, Amaya was way more difficult to deal with. She spoke not with emotion, but with logic, just like I do. Whoever has the better logical and rational sense would win this battle of attrition. But, it is clear that I haven't really been trying to fight her off, because I also think she was correct on how stupid I'm being.

"I'm off. Don't stay out here too late. If you need anything, you know where to find help." I said, walking away.

Amaya POV

"Sigh...What an idiot."

I closed my notebook, which contained the questions I have written down thus far. I then returned the books to their respective shelves and began getting ready to leave the library.

Hisoka-kun is practically regressing by the day. It's like he's completely forgotten about the fact that he can be smarter than this. Such foolishness is unbefitting of the man that has continued to impress, up until now at least. Then again, why did I have such high expectations for him?

Perhaps it was because I had memories of him despite the fact that I appeared only recently? Or was it because I thought for sure that he was a much more rational person than I was? Either way, the fact remains that I had expectations for him, and that those expectations weren't met. If only there was a way to dissociate on command, Yuko-san or Rin-san would have a much easier time on this than I would.  I'm not really the type of person that is able to firmly grasp human emotion, then bend that to my will. 

I exit the library, heading straight home, but that didn't mean there were no incidents. On the way to the dorms, by the main pathway, a little entourage rolled up, stopping right in front of me. 

"You're looking rather interesting today, Toma-san." 

Sakayanagi-san and her group of four, including herself, stood in my way. 

"How so? This is just a monocle." I said, waving off her comment. 

"Hey Toma, been a while!" A male with blonde hair greeted me. 

I was not informed of who he was. With the way he's acting, he's met Shizuko-san before. Who is this guy? 

"It would seem so. I haven't really talked with anyone outside of my class in a while." I responded, hoping he'd take the lie. 

Actually, it wasn't even a lie. I really haven't talked to anyone outside of Class D ever since I came out. Even earlier during the study session, I didn't talk with any of the Class A students. 

"Really? Well, in the midst of this exam, I guess that's only natural."

It worked, that's a relief. Much to my dismay though, Sakayanagi-san chuckled lightly. 

"Apologies Toma-san, but are we perhaps interrupting you?" 

"I was just on my way back to the dorms, nothing very special." I said. 

"Then why don't we have a little chat? I can send my assistants on their way if you wish to speak privately." 

"I don not think having a chat is really that necessary. It would just be a-"

"-Waste of time? No, no. You don't have anything else to do anyway, correct?"

Crap, she's got me in a corner. Since I said that I was heading back to the dorms, it coincidentally meant I was returning to my room, which was what I was really going to do. That meant I didn't have anything else to do for the day, nothing important at least. Declining her invitation would make me arouse suspicion amongst her entourage, who are diligently watching me. 

Dammit. 

"What's going on here, Shizuko?"

I turned around to see Hisoka-kun casually walking by. He eyed Sakayanagi-san's entourage with slight hostility. 

"Are all of you perhaps breaking a clause in 'Normal, Everyday Life'? I clearly remember that it stated you aren't allowed to harass my allies, Sakayanagi." 

"Oh my, but this isn't really harassment. You see, I merely greeted her, that's all." 

"Right. With your entourage around you, it certainly didn't look like you were just greeting her. However, it's not a problem if no one sees it as one. Shizuko, are they harassing you?"

Turning to the supposed victim is a smart choice, it gives me the power to control this situation. 

"Not at all, she was just casually asking if I had time to talk with her." I said, which was basically the truth anyway.

"Hmm. If you say so then. Carry along, Sakayanagi."

"Oh, but since you're here already Toma-kun, why don't we be the ones to chat? Your little sister here seems busy since she rejected my invitation." Sakayanagi-san asked him.

"I don't really have anything else to do, so sure."

Why did you accept it you idiot!?

"Wonderful, if you would please follow us to a cafe then."

"Alright." 

I could only stand there in complete silence as Sakayanagi-san's entourage walked passed me, their footsteps fading into the background as they went farther and farther. Once I turned around, no one was there anymore, not even Hisoka-kun. Honestly, that man is such a pain to deal with. 

How the hell do I deal with him? The way he's acting is so different from before our confrontation. It's like he's gone full psycho. Somehow, I need to speak with Yuko-san and Rin-san about it. As I said before, they would have a much easier time handling him since they can grasp the concept of human emotion much better than I'd be able to. 

Either we're able to get into another one of those out of body dreams, or we learn how to dissociate on command, and the latter was practically impossible. 

________________________________________________

(This happens while Yukimura's study group is confronted by Ryuuen. I'm pretty lazy ngl, so background stuff from the canon happens while I write these events.)

A few more days passed by. I had finished the hundred questions that I was supposed to make, then passed it on to Horikita-san, who accepted it and said she would check once she has time. That left me with nothing to do for a while, so I decided to wander around the mall, alone. 

Usually, I would just spend my free time in my room or with Hisoka-kun, but it was a good time for a change of environment. I haven't been thinking straight lately, which led me to this decision. It's probably just an effect of Hisoka-kun's unexpected reactions, I'm probably still shocked by it. 

"Good, that just means none of you need me anymore."

His words echoed in my mind. He's a fool, but he's still intelligent, I'll give him that. What he said is most likely a normal reaction for someone in his current mental state. I believe he's going through what people call in philosophy "the sublime". It's when a person is greeted with a much more powerful force compared to theirs, and wouldn't be able to comprehend that force, leading to a feeling of peace and resolve to die. 

Still, it's such a foolish thing. Why was he going through it? The fact that there's five of us? Maybe Ayanokouji-kun? Sakayanagi-san perhaps? There are so many possibilities that I can't solidify my theory just yet. Hisoka-kun's mental state is just that incomprehensible at the moment. One day, it wouldn't be a surprise if, in his state right now, he would willingly drop out of this school. 

It may be an over exaggeration, but I'm merely speculating, shooting in the dark. Hisoka-kun has only ever shown subtle hints, and they weren't helping, at least not for me. 

"Well well, we meet once again." 

Taking me out of my thoughts, a voice called over to me. It was Sakayanagi-san...again. Seriously, she has to walk with a cane, how is she everywhere? This time however, she had no entourage. 

"Did you need something, Sakayanagi-san?" I asked her. 

"I wanted to check for myself. It's still you isn't it, Amaya-san? The monocle is a dead give away." 

"Well, this is just so those that are aware can distinguish us from each other." 

"Then would it be alright if we had that chat I wanted to have a few days ago?" 

"Is it for any ill intent? Well, even if you answered, it would be difficult to say if you were lying or not." 

"Would that be a yes then?"

"I suppose so. Since I rejected you last time, I'll listen to what you have to say this time." 

Sakayanagi-san only nodded to me in response, then motioned for me to follow her. We walked at a slow pace and made our way to a small cafe. We ordered two lattes, then sat down at a table near the window. 

"What is it that you wish to talk about?" I asked, taking a sip of my latte. 

"Quite a few things. Let's start with the bet we made. I took the liberty of creating a written contract so that all is fair. It also satisfies the conditions in the contract I have with your brother." 

She took out a folder from her bag then passed it on to me. 

"Isn't this an overreaction? It's okay if it's just a verbal agreement."

"Oh, but I wanted to keep it formal. After all, we're fighting for someone that isn't even taking part of this bet." Sakayanagi-san said with quite the smug grin. 

"Fine then."

I flipped over the folder and read the content of the short but concise contract. 

This contract is evidence that signifies a match between Sakayanagi Arisu and Toma Shizuko. With regards to a previous contract with Toma Hisoka, this is a follow-up contract that follows every clause stated there. 

The match will take place during the upcoming Paper Shuffle special exam. The conditions are as follows: 

The Match Itself

-Once the written tests are given to the students, the match will begin. 
-Whoever scores higher in overall points than the other, wins. 
-In the unlikely event of a tie, no rematch will be held

Rewards

-In the event of Sakayanagi Arisu's victory, she would be allowed two things; the first is background information on the individuals Toma Hisoka and Toma Shizuko. The second is that she would be allowed the chance to date Toma Hisoka. 
-In the event of Toma Shizuko's victory, she would be allowed two things; the first is a favor from Sakayanagi Arisu, which can't be overruled by the clauses of the contract with Toma Hisoka. The second is information that Toma Hisoka has kept hidden from her. 
-In the event of a tie, there will be no rewards and no rematches.

In overall points, eh? That would mean in all subjects. After the exam itself, we would have to calculate our overall scores, individually that is. There was no mention of our partner in the exam being part of this bet, which is a relief. 

I closed the folder and returned it to Sakayanagi-san. 

"Well, did you find anything unpleasant?"

"I fail to see what you would gain from dating Hisoka-kun. Are you perhaps just trying to take advantage of his emotions, in his mental state?" 

"Not at all. We have history you see, but I will not disclose such information to you." 

And what's with the reward when I win? Information that Hisoka-kun hid from us? What could we not know that he does? Something about mother's death? Or what is really happening while we wander around this school doing what we must? Multiple questions popped up in my head because of this. 

"I have this suspicious feeling that you are making all of this up. Your efforts to deceive me is admirable, but perhaps you could talk to someone other than me about this." 

"Hm? Perhaps Yuko-san would've been better in a situation such as this? Even so, you're the one out here right now. Unless you dissociate again, you're stuck with me. I will have him for myself, and not even you can stop me." 

"Your words don't hold much weight if you don't really love him. He doesn't understand that concept, and I don't think you do either."

She is a genius, and a very cunning person at that. Still, when it comes to the concept of love and romance, I don't think any of us can grasp it so easily. Sakayanagi-san may just use that opportunity to toy with him, break him, and then throw him away in the dirt. I don't want that to happen.

Hisoka-kun is already unstable as he is now. It will be easy to break him apart, bit by bit, and then finally destroy him entirely. His demeanor as a whole has turned way more gloomy than normal, and his way of thinking has also changed, but how do I fix that? My logic can only take me so far, and it can't take me into the concept of human emotion.

For some odd reason, my head began spinning and everything started getting blurry. 

"Is so...the ma...aya-san? He...Ama..." 

What the hell is this. Is this what it feels like to suddenly get thrown out of the real world? I couldn't use any of my senses anymore. There was no longer any feeling whatsoever. 

For a good few seconds, there was nothing, and then I was suddenly greeted with a familiar sight.

I was back in the garden.

_________________________________________

Toma Hisoka POV

"And you're sure you saw her with Ryuuen?"

"Yeah. Ishizaki-kun and a few others were there too. They were headed to Pallet." Matsushita told me.

That was where Yukimura and Ayanokouji were currently at. Shiina was a good reader, both literally as a bookworm, and figuratively as a person trying to see through facades. Ryuuen was trying to find the person that was screwing with him, other than me of course.

Besides, the tag team of Ryuuen and Shiina doesn't bode too well for us. A tactical tyrant and an angelic investigator, truly a terrifying duo if I've seen one. 

We arrived near Pallet, and there they were, just as Matsushita said. Ryuuen and Shiina were chatting it up with Yukimura's study group, while Ishizaki and the other people they were with were watching the scene unfold. I need to make sure we weren't seen though. Showing our faces basically proves to Ryuuen that whoever he's finding is either Ayanokouji or Yukimura. 

I grabbed Matsushita by the shoulder then moved us to a secluded corner near Pallet. It shocked her at first, but she quickly understood why and just followed through with it. We were now by a different shop, pretending to browse around. Taking out my phone, I used the camera lens to see if Ryuuen's gang would leave Pallet. 

After a few minutes, I saw Ryuuen and his entourage leave the area, but there was no sign of Shiina. I looked over to Matsushita, and she was browsing through the shop's items, not until we met eyes and she nodded. We had to wait a little longer, but we shouldn't stay in one spot forever. 

Leaving the shop, we went over to an area across Pallet, where we had a clear view of the entrance. Using my camera's zoom, I could see that Shiina was still in Pallet, talking with Hasebe. I wonder why she decided to stay behind? 

"Uh...We have a bit of a problem, Toma-kun." I heard Matsushita saying. 

Turning to look at her, I only found a pointer finger aiming at my head, mimicking a gun. 

"And bang. You're dead." Ryuuen said with a smirk. 

Somehow, he and his entourage slipped past our vision and suck up on us. Ryuuen lowered his hand and put up a book in front of his face. That was the same book I bought for him. 

"'Be aware of all your surroundings, no matter when and where.' Sound familiar to you?" He asked me sarcastically. 

"Of course, I read that book after all." 

"Kuku, and you didn't even decide to follow through with that advice. Why're you spying on poor little Hiyori, huh?"

"What else? Information." 

I'm not some sort of perverted person like Ike and Yamauchi. Unlike them, I understand the value of spying on the correct people and getting the info I need. 

"Your appearance here basically confirms it. It's one of them, yeah?"

"I don't know what you're talking about."

Deep down, I knew he was faking it, since he already knows how to look for this person. He was just doing this to provoke me.

"Fine then. Not like I can get anything useful out of you anyway. Let's go you idiots." He motioned for his entourage to follow him. 

While they were leaving, some of them were glaring at me as if I was a primary target, which was technically true. 

"That complicates things. Also what was he talking about?" Matsushita asked me. 

"There's a so called mastermind in our class. He knows it's not me, so he was trying to probe me if I knew who it was." 

"And do you really know?"

"...No, I don't think I do anyway."

I mean, I do know, but I can't really tell her that. I pledged not to tell people about it, not just to him, but to the school too. 

"People are out to kill you and your sister, as well as recapture Ayanokouji Kiyotaka-kun. Since you are now directly involved with this case, it is important that you know."

That is what the chairman told me in our meeting right after the sports festival. We had a long chat after he revealed the letter from my father, and explained why we shouldn't get expelled. With so many enemies out to get us? You can just imagine the pressure I felt back then. 

"Anyway, looks like Shiina is leaving the cafe. Go follow her for a bit, I need to talk to Ayanokouji." I said, leaving Matsushita there to head to Pallet. 

I need to think. Should I reveal to Ayanokouji that I have a firm grasp of the situation? Not that I knew everything though, the chairman and my father didn't say what the organization's name was, or why we were being hunted in the first place. The fact remains that I know we need to protect ourselves, not just from expulsion, but from those secrets. Sometimes, the less you know, the better. 

Allying myself with Ayanokouji for that particular situation would help me greatly, but it's not that simple. His only promise was that he would prevent mine and Shizuko's expulsions, that was it. If he was to help with the class battles and other situations, which he has since he was somewhat forced to do so, it would be because of what he himself wants. I need to think about what he would gain from helping me understand, other than just asking him outright. 

Arriving at Pallet, I saw that they were still continuing with the study session, which makes my timing a bit awkward. They looked at me when I approached them. 

"Toma? What do you need?" Yukimura asked me. 

"Can I borrow Ayanokouji for a while? I need to talk to him about something." 

"Sure thing. What's it about?" Ayanokouji was the one to ask this time. 

"Just follow me. It's very important." 

He got up from his seat then followed me out of the cafe. We talked while we walked. 

"To start off, I need to talk to you about what you said a long time ago. About that man." I said. 

"I thought I told you that you shouldn't know about his identity."

"I don't care about the identity, I just care about something else entirely. Tell me, we are being hunted down, is he the one that ordered it?" I asked, turning around to face him. 

Ayanokouji just looked at me with a stoic expression as always. I hope I'm not overstepping boundaries, but I have a suspicious feeling that I am. 

"This is just speculation on my part, but I believe so." Ayanokouji said bluntly. 

"That's fine then."

"Is that it? Don't tell me that was all you wanted to say." 

"As unfortunate as it is, yeah. I just didn't want the others to know." 

"Sigh...Then let me ask you something then."

"Sure, ask away."

Like I did earlier, he motioned for me to follow him, so I did. We went into a very secluded area, away from the crowds, but still near Pallet so that he could return there at any time. Once we were out of sight, I could see that there were no cameras in the area. Ayanokouji turned around and charged at me with unimaginable speed. Before I could react, he already slammed me into the wall, holding onto my neck. 

"So...What's the question?" I asked, my voice strained, but still calm. 

He only stared at me in response. The aggressive move is unlike him, but his vague responses are still the same. He let me go after a few seconds, and I adjusted my collar and tie as I waited for him to talk. 

"If you want to die so badly, why don't you just do it yourself?" He finally asked. 

"Where did you get the impression that I wanted to die, I wonder?"

"Who else but the person that trusts you the most? The one you don't even reveal your real intentions to."

Shizuko...Or whichever one of them was in control at the time. 

"Can you really say that you trust her, if you can't even ask her for help?" 

I slumped onto the wall and closed my eyes, but much to my dismay I felt a sudden pain in my abdomen, causing my legs to give out. 

"Aren't you the sort of person to never let their guard down? Wake up already Toma."

"I am awake-"

"You're not. The real Toma Hisoka is way smarter than this. Now wake up, or I'll make you. Some things are only solved through the use of methods like violence, after all." 

I slowly got up from my position, feeling around my abdomen for any bruises. Ayanokouji's stoic expression remained the same when I saw his face again. 

"If I'm asleep at the moment, what makes you think that I'll wake up any time now." 

"Oh, I know you will." 

He said that last part while looking at something to his left. I turned to look as well, only to find unexpected person there. 

"If you don't, then that just means you truly are a hypocrite, and that your self hate is justified. But that's a bad thing, especially with her as the spectator, don't you think?"

"Hmph, you're cruel." I said to him. 

"I know." Ayanokouji said, pushing me a little so that I can face her directly. 

She was angry beyond belief, so I didn't think it was anyone else but her. Amaya and Shizuko were too inexpressive, and Nao was too cheerful. I don't know about Rin yet, so I only thought that this was Yuko. 

"I see that you aren't escaping from your shell anytime soon." She told me, tapping her foot repeatedly. 

I stayed silent. 

"Come on, we'll talk about this in our room. Thank you for the help Ayanokouji-kun." 

"It's no problem. Now go and mend him." I heard him saying. 

Yuko grabbed my hand by force, then we proceeded to leave the area and towards the dormitory. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.6K 773 45
People call her cruel. people call her heartless. Nothing wrong with it. Raphael was a heartless monster. Many people died at her hands. But a lot we...
573 125 9
Jennifer Check was evil. And not just high school evil. Or In which, the boy was in love with a girl who consumed other boys. - MORE DESCRIPTION INSI...
114K 3.6K 31
This series follows a doctor and his recently-deceased patient who became reborn as twins to a famous Japanese musical idol and navigate the highs an...
106K 2.6K 69
!!!SPOILER ALERT!!! PLEASE DO NOT READ UNLESS YOU'RE READY FOR SPOILERS REGARDING ONE PIECE FILM RED OR ANY FUTURE CHAPTERS! In short, a 'what if' f...