The Osirian Twins (2)

By Totally_Twins2

Twins Eddie and Charlie Miller return to Anubis House and Frobisher Academy for another year. With the new fo... More

Preface
House of Arrivals
House of Presents
House of Truth
House of Hieroglyphs
House of Revelations
House of Questions
House of Pi
House of Mistrust
House of Trickery
House of Unity
House of Entrapment
House of Sisters
House of Tombs
House of Smuggling
House of Anticipation
House of Close Calls
House of Hustle
House of Setup
House of Eclipse
House of Awakening
House of Sarcophagi
House of Possession
House of Greed
House of Deceptions
House of Rainbows
House of Enemies
House of Surprise
House of Winning
House of Moonlighting
House of Treachery
House of Imposters
House of Dates
House of Cunning
House of Suspicion
House of Capture
House of Heartbreak
House of Hog
House of Defeat
House Of Ammut
House of Heroes
Epilouge

House of History

79 7 3
By Totally_Twins2

Enjoy. Collage at the bottom.

Alfie's POV

This wasn't good, not only were the Adults onto us but now we were involved in the thick of it, we had to find a way out.

Miss Denby" How many was it for tea?"

Jerome and Joy raise their hands, they had no idea what was going on.

Patricia" Uh, it's getting late, Miss.We really should be getting back"

Joy"Such a lack of commitment"

Victor" You have been granted special permission to stay late. Isn't that correct Mr Sweet?"

Mr Sweet" Yes, indeed, and we really want you four, to be at the very heart of our eclipse day. Enjoy the rehearsal"

We watch as Mr Sweet and Victor leave the Gatehouse.

Joy" It's so good of you to go to all this trouble for us"

Jerome" Miss Denby, what is this ceremony, exactly?"

Miss Denby" Ah, yes, it's an Egyptian tradition done during an eclipse.It was thought that it could well, it's a bit silly, really that it could reanimate mummies"

Joy"Spooky"

Jerome"Uh, could it wake Alfie on a Monday morning, I doubt it"

Joy and Jerome then chuckle at each other and Patricia's and my phones go off.

Miss Denby" I'll take your phones, if you don't mind. They wouldn't have had them during ancient Egypt, after all"

Patricia" There is no way I'm giving..."

Joy snatches Patricias phone.

Miss Denby" Thank you"

Patricia" Fine. If you want to rehearse the ceremony, let's get on with it. It's not like it's actually going to work"

Then a noise comes from upstairs.

Miss Denby" Oh, those rats, I'll be one minute"

Patricia"That sounded like loud rats, Miss"

Joy"Okay, why are you being so rude? I mean, ruder than usual"

Jerome" Guys, seriously, Joy and I need to do well at this, or we flunk history"

Joy"Goodbye, scholarship. Goodbye, school"

Patricia" Okay, so you've been bribed"

Joy" You know, sometimes I think your little hobby has messed with your heads"

Oh if only they knew why we were here. If only they knew Miss Denby was evil, I never trusted her for a second.

Charlie's POV

I sighed. This was just brilliant, Patricia and Alfie have been taken to The Gatehouse along with Joy and Jerome, even though Jerome and I have not been good lately, I worried about him and deep down I think Eddie worried about Patricia.

Fabian" No, Eddie, Charlie, wait a minute"

We were now back at the house, KT and Fabian had followed us into the kitchen.

Fabian" We can't just leave them there"

Eddie" But the keypad's changed and the cellar door is locked"

Charlie" Okay, what are we going to do, sit out in a rainstorm all night"

KT" If Alfie, Patricia, Jerome, and Joy are the descended, that means...""

Eddie" The adults can wake Frobisher-Smythe, and a terrible evil is unleashed. We know. Okay"

Fabian" So let's go to Frobisher's office, go through his diaries"

KT" This is no time for more study. We're all in danger!"

Charlie" Look, our dad's there, okay? He wouldn't let anything bad happen"

Fabian" I wouldn't be so sure, Eddie, Charlie"

KT" Yeah Mr. Sweet is in this up to his neck. We need to get them out of there before the ceremony happens"

Fabian" Yeah, how?"

Eddie" We will think of something, all right?"

KT" The eclipse is tomorrow. Can you please think faster?"

Charlie" No pressure or anything"

KT" Look my grandfather"

Charlie" Sent you here to stop a great evil, we know KT"

KT then looks at the floor. I sigh.

Charlie" Sorry KT"

Fabian" I say we go to the antechamber. Maybe he left us a clue, something that can help us, anything"

Eddie" Yeah, it's worth a shot"

Charlie" Well let's go"

KT then pulls out her phone.

Charlie" Who are you texting?"

KT" Alfie and Patricia. Someone needs to tell them who they really are"

Eddie"Yeah, good call"

All four us head down to the antechamber using Eddie's necklace.

Charlie" Fabian what are we looking for?"

Fabian" Okay, we'll know when we find it, just push every button, and pull every lever. This place is full of hidden compartments"

Eddie and I start searching around the desk, KT with some books on a shelf and Fabian on the other side of the room, he is currently searching a top shelf.

Eddie" Hey, what if we call the cops?"

Fabian turns around at this.

Fabian" Yeah, and tell them what? That an ancient Egyptologist is about to be woken up?"

Eddie" No, that there are four kids being held against their will at the Gatehouse"

KT decides to joins in.

KT"Yeah, and then they'll say, "why?" And then we'll say, "to work on a school project"

Charlie" They are right Eddie, I mean they hardly going to send a SWAT team are they"

Eddie" Fine, Haven't you already searched every inch of this room, Fabian?"

Fabian"Well, maybe I missed something"

Charlie" Be surprising, Fabian never misses anything, he is great at this"

Fabian" Thanks Charlie"

I felt my stomach flutter, I didn't have feelings for Fabian did I, I mean I had been spending a lot of time with him and not Jerome. We had been stuck in the crypt, we shared a table together and I had helped him nurse his hand, since it turned out he actually had hurt it. I went back to looking.

Eddie" I mean, if there was something here, don't you think the house would have some sort of way to..."

Eddie then pulls a drawer out of the desk with such force it slides along the floor. I pick it up.

Charlie" Did you just break this?"

Eddie" Hey don't blame me, this place is centuries old"

Charlie" Fabian, look what Eddie found"

Fabian then climbs down from the small bookcase he is standing on. He takes it from me.

Eddie" Pretty good, huh?"

Charlie" Well, what is it?"

Fabian" Some kind of film canister"

Charlie" Can we play it?"

Fabian" Let me see what I can do"

Fabian then finds an old film projector and he slots the film canister in and we all sit down, Eddie ends up on the floor, offering his seat to me. I smile and sit down my hands on his shoulders.

Fabian" Okay, here it goes"

Eddie" That's the expedition party, that's Alfie, Patricia..."

Charlie" And Jerome, and Joy's great-grandparents"

KT" What are they doing?"

We all squint at the screen we can just about see what is going on, the film being incredibly old, centuries old as Eddie described just a few minutes ago.

Fabian" I think they're tomb robbing"

KT"Seriously?"

Eddie" Nice relatives you guys got"

Fabian" That's Frobisher-Smythe"

KT" Great-grandpa!"

Fabian" He does not look happy"

We then watch as Frobisher is now holding what looks like a piece of wood with symbols. I was entirely certain.

Charlie"What's that?"

Fabian" I think it's a warning. He is telling people what will happen to them if they steal from the pyramid. A curse"

Charlie" What do you mean?"

Fabian" I think. I think it means, um, sleep? Eternity? Sleep for eternity"

KT" Wait. Frobisher. Are you kidding me? My great-grandpa gets cursed because they stole from some tomb?"

Eddie" And that's why their descendants are needed for the ceremony! Because Frobisher took the rap for them"

Alfie's POV
Miss Denby" For the Ancient Egyptians, the eclipse was a thing to fear, but it was also a time of rebirth the sun emerging from the darkness"

Joy"That's so interesting, Miss"

Patricia then nudges me.

Patricia" How about we go and take a look at what's in the tank room?"

Miss  Denby"Uh, is there something you two want to tell us all?"

Patricia"No"

Miss Denby"Go right ahead. I won't stop you. Well, what is it?, Actually, I'll save you the trouble. If you want to know who we are waking up, try the elevator,go ahead and look"

I walk over to the elevator. They had to know.

Alfie"Guys, listen up. This is Robert Frobisher-Smythe. He's over 100 years old, and tomorrow they're gonna wake him up with a magic bracelet"

I pull the throw back and there stands a grandfather clock. Great.

Jerome" Hey, there, Robert! You 100-year-old dude, you!"

Miss Denby" So now that we've got that out of the way, can we get back to study, please? "

I shake my head, no this can't be, great.

Alfie" Look, I'm telling the truth!"

Jerome" Is it like when you were telling the truth about the giant lizard monster you grew in the science lab?"

Alfie" No, I had a lot of sugar that day I was overexcited"

Later on I was still trying to figure out how we was going to stop this, it didn't look like we could. Jerome then wanders over to me.

Jerome" Okay, okay, okay. Listen, I have been thinking about what you said regarding my girlfriends, and you're right. I need to choose one"

Alfie" Yeah, I really think you should choose Mara or Charlie"

Jerome" You know me and Charlie are on a break or something like that"

Alfie" Well, go with Mara, Charlie can't get mad at you for being on a break, I mean she wanted it right"

Jerome" Right, I just sometimes wish we hadn't"

Miss Denby" Anything I can help with, Jerome?"

Jerome" Just running some astronomical computations, Miss. Making sure we know the exact moment of the eclipse"

Miss Denby" Well, very good, Jerome. Carry on"

Joy" Miss, can you just check over the work that I've done, please?"

Okay this was strange, since when did Jerome know anything about Astronomy. I hover over him and his computer and see a spreadsheet.

Alfie" Since when did you know anything about astronomy?"

Jerome" I don't I'm running my own kind of computation"

Alfie"What's that, a spreadsheet?"

Jerome" Yep, I'm giving Mara and Willow marks out of ten in various categories. How much they laugh at my jokes, wait on me, let me win video games, you know, the important stuff"

Alfie" Dude, Mara is the right choice for you, it's obvious. Now, can we please talk about the eclipse?"

Jerome" Obvious to everyone or just to someone who's got a crush on Willow?"

Alfie" No, dude, this is important"

Joy then jumps in between me and Jerome.

Joy"Hey, can I just borrow that? I need..."

Jerome" No, you can't!"

Joy"Mara, Willow".What is this, Jerome? Uh, You marked them on how many chick flicks they own?"

Jerome" Yes. The fewer the better"

Joy"That's just random, Jerome, wait a minute I thought you was dating Charlie"

Jerome" Apparently we are on a break"

Joy" Oh so you took that as an opportunity to get with Mara AND Willow, what do you want Jerome, all the girls in the school"

Jerome" No, no, you're seeing this all wrong, Joy, I am the victim here. I never meant for this to happen"

Joy"One, you cheated on them both, two, you scored them and three while you were still with Charlie you dated Mara!. They're not performing seals!"

Jerome"I know that, Swimming ability, I missed that one"

Joy" I know what mark I'd give you out of ten in all categories"

I watch as Jerome clutched the laptop not that, that made a difference, Joy knew now, this would only get worse.

Jerome" Let's stay calm.You're not gonna do anything silly like tell them, are you?"

Joy" Of course not"

Jerome" That's a relief"

Joy" You're going to"

Jerome" Joy, be reasonable. I can't"

Joy" Tell them before someone else does it for you"

Alfie"Like I said, quick decision"

Jerome" This is not at all fun.I need to get out of here"

Charlie's POV

Fabian" All right, so we got a movie"

Eddie" And that helps us how?"

KT" Uh The Osirians will find a way. Don't worry, Eddie, Charlie. I believe in you both"

Twins" Thanks"

Eddie" But I mean I mean, we can't get to the bracelet, we can't get to the descendants"

Charlie" So what else are we gonna steal, the adults themselves?"

Fabian" Charlie, that's brilliant"

Eddie" Yeah sis, that's it"

Charlie" Thanks but what is it, what?"

KT" I knew you would crack it"

Charlie" Would someone tell me what I have figured out"

Eddie" We stop the adults from performing the ceremony, it's the only way"

Charlie" What, oh my god, yes, that's it, sorry I'm tired"

We hurry upstairs to find Victor, I notice it's still raining outside, kind of sets the mood for four students being kidnapped in a gatehouse. Victor comes down the stairs obviously going to lock up.

KT"Victor, we've been looking for you. You can't drop a pin. Not all of us are here"

Charlie" Yeah don't you think you should investigate that?"

Victor" Are you talking of Lewis, Clarke, Mercer, and Williamson?"

Eddie" You know we are"

Victor" Yes. I'm not expecting them back. Now, go to your rooms"

Fabian" That's it, then"

KT" They're gonna keep them there until the eclipse"

Eddie" Yeah, we've got no choice"

Charlie" Extreme action is now required. Agreed?"

KT, Fabian and Eddie" Agreed"

KT" We stop the adults from getting to the ceremony"

Charlie" Tomorrow morning we kidnap Denby, we kidnap dad, and best of all...."

Victor" It is ten o'clock! You have five minutes precisely and then I want to hear a pin drop"

Eddie" We kidnap Victor"

Next morning, the house seems quite empty without Alfie, Patricia, Jerome and Joy. I was pouring myself an orange juice when Eddie joined us at the table and sat beside me.

Eddie" Hey, guys. I picked the padlock on the cellar door, phase one, complete"

I knew Eddie would be the perfect one for the picking of the cellar door, since he was the one who unlocked dad's office many times. Trudy then runs in all bubbly, like Willow, no maybe a little less like Willow.

Trudy" It's eclipse day, everybody, Yay! I've made a special breakfast, eggs sunny side up with moon-shaped toast, hmm?"

Fabian takes the plate from her and I eye the toast.

Fabian" Oh, well, I mean, we are too excited to eat really, Trudy"

Charlie" No I'll have some of the toast, pass the plate Fabian"

Fabian smiles as he passes me the plate.

Trudy" I hope you've all got your eclipse viewers ready"

KT" We may be a little busy"

I then see Victor enter and smirk, he didn't know what we were planning.

Trudy" Did you hear that, Victor? They don't want to see the eclipse"

Victor" Really, well their choice, I suppose. Some would say the moments after the eclipse are even more interesting"

Eddie" You might be missing it yourself, pal"

I kick Eddie in the shin under the table.

Victor" What was that, boy?"

Charlie" Nothing, Victor, he said nothing, right Eddie?"

Eddie" No I didn't say anything"

Trudy" Come on, Victor. Let them eat their breakfast"

When Victor is gone, we all look at Eddie.

Charlie" Really?"

Eddie" What?"

Fabian" All right, guys.It's now or never.Everyone knows the plan?"

We all nod, here we go there was no turning back now.

Fabian" Sibuna"

All" Sibuna"

Placing our right hands over our right eyes, we smiled at each other. It was on. Eddie and I would work together to stop our dad, KT would stop Denby and Fabian would stop Victor.

Alfie's POV

After a terrible night of hardly any sleep at all, Patricia and I were trying to find something, anything.

Alfie" There must be some sort of secret door somewhere"

Patricia" She must have locked it somehow"

Joy" Guys, will you stop with all this?"

Jerome" Thank you for the alarm call"

Jerome who doesn't look like he slept much either or he just wasn't a morning person, he sat down.

Joy" Look, it's just a silly history project. What does it matter?"

Alfie" Ceremonies, bad teachers, great evil, does none of this ring any bells for you?"

Jerome" Oh, no.How did they, there's an e-mail from me to Mara,Willow and Charlie! Explaining everything! I didn't send an e-mail" Joy? You said you wouldn't tell!"

Joy" I didn't. You did"

Alfie" Wait, we had Wi-Fi the whole time, and you didn't tell me?"

Miss Denby" I don't think so, Alfie"

She shuts the laptop and Patricia decides at this moment she will play the organ.

Miss Denby" Patricia, the only thing that racket will get you is an earache, well, I hope you all slept well. And I'm sure you're all looking forward to the eclipse as much as I am"

Story Notes
So The Twins, Fabian and KT discover a old film and find out about tomb robbing. They also make a plan to kidnap the adults, Jerome is STILL dealing with love problems and Patricia and Alfie try and convince Joey and Jerome about the real reason for the ceremony.

Authors Notes
So let me know what you think of this. Next few chapters are going to be really good!

Vote/Comment/Follow

Question?
Favourite bit

Thanks X

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

397K 8.6K 26
[Book One of the Swan Queen Series] The twin sister of Bella Swan chose to stay with her father Charlie when Renee left. She was always top of her cl...
1.9M 50.5K 48
Nicola and Gabriel used to be best friends while growing up, but she had made the classic mistake of falling in love with him, which resulted in not...
369K 10K 37
"Suddenly, I found our faces so close together, I could feel his warm breath caressing my face. It smelt slightly of mint, and an undercurrent that w...
139K 5.2K 71
~ warning: this is actually cringy writing of fetus me so..~ Everyone in the Anubis house graduated and went off to college, but over the summer, Alf...