The Widow's Bite (Natasha X G...

By andshesweird

"Looks like you've gotten bit by the Black Widow." "And here I thought I was the spider." ______ Natasha Roma... More

Character Profile
Chapter 1 || Jayce Parker
Chapter 2 || Expo
Chapter 3 || Getting to Work
Chapter 4 || Home Sweet Home
Chapter 5 || Comfort
Chapter 6 || Water
Chapter 7 || A Good Team
Chapter 8 || Party
Chapter 9 || Game Time
Chapter 10 || FWB
Chapter 11 || Peter
Chapter 12 || Heart to Heart
Chapter 13 || Nightmares
Chapter 14 || Protective
Chapter 15 || Haunted
Chapter 16 || The Truth Comes Out
Chapter 17 || Rule Number 10
Chapter 18 || Safe Word
Chapter 19 || Talking to a Ghost
Chapter 20 || Gwen.
Chapter 21 || It's You and Me
Chapter 22 || Tree Bark
Chapter 23 || Watch the Road
Chapter 24 || Date Night
Chapter 25 || Lagos
Chapter 26 || The Accords
Chapter 27 || High
Chapter 28 || Bucky
Chapter 29 || Underoos
Chapter 30 || Civil War
Chapter 31 || On The Run
Chapter 32 || London
Chapter 33 || Norway
Chapter 34 || Yelena
Chapter 35 || The Past Repeats
Chapter 36 || Dreykov's Daughter
Chapter 37 || Poser
Chapter 38 || It's So Cool, Right?
! Not an Update! NEW STORY: Flashing Lights
Chapter 39 || Alexei
Chapter 40 || Melina
Chapter 41 || It Was Real To Me
Chapter 42 || Nikolai
Chapter 43 || Jayce Vs. Natasha
Chapter 44 || Not A 'What' But A 'Who'.
Chapter 45 || Prison Break
Chapter 46 || Wanda
Chapter 47 || Latvia
Chapter 48 || A Change
Chapter 49 || Like Old Times
Chapter 50 || Finding a Way
Chapter 51 || Birthday in Oxford
Chapter 52 || Scotland
Chapter 53 || Bruce Returns
Chapter 54 || The Blip.
Chapter 55 || 23 Days Later
Chapter 57 || Never Tried That
Chapter 58 || News
Chapter 59 || You Called.
Chapter 60 || Leave
Chapter 61 || Zodiac
Chapter 62 || Helen Cho
Chapter 63 || Double
Chapter 64 || Confession
Chapter 65 || Broke
Chapter 66 || The Twins
Chapter 67 || New Parents
Chapter 68 || Kitten
Chapter 69 || Swan Lake
Chapter 70 || Firsts
Chapter 71 || Tricky Threes

Chapter 56 || The Garden

7.4K 353 83
By andshesweird

Ayoooooo Happy Friday!

Jayce POV

"Jayce? Can I...come in?"

My fingers dance along my family portrait coming out as a hologram off my device. I place my fingers on my mother's face, then swipe it so she disappears from the hologram. I do the same with my father, ignoring the obvious sound of Natasha entering the room, then do the same with Peter until it's just me.

It was our Christmas card a few years before my parents died. We looked so happy. Peter was so small, his teeth had started to fall out so his adult teeth could grow in. I was dating Gwen.

May and Ben were happy and living their best lives, we'd see them on the weekends.

"Last one standing," I mutter, staring at the image of a younger, innocent me, staring back at me.

I can hear Natasha's breath hitch, telling me her emotions are hiking up, getting to her. Part of me feels bad. And I know I should feel bad for how absent I've been. But the guilt for that doesn't bother me much.

The guilt from failing does.

Every single time someone I loved was in need, I failed them.

I failed Mom.

I failed Dad.

I failed Ben.

I failed May.

I failed Peter.

I failed Pietro.

I failed Wanda.

I failed Gwen.

It's almost like once I love someone, they're bound to die. Like I have some sort of death curse attached to me.

Yet it's never me that dies.

Guess it makes sense since the love I have for myself goes in and out. Right now, it's out.

There's no love I have left.

"You're not alone, Jay."

I couldn't stop the comical scoff that came out. It was like an instant reaction to such a statement.

Though I can already see the hurt on her face. And I hate hurting Natasha. But something in me doesn't even care enough to console her right now.

She walks around, stepping into the hologram and in front of it, staring down at me. I meet her gaze and spot the tears threatening at her eyes, the very slight tremble to her body as she looks at me.

Her eyes are expressing pure pain, like just looking at me hurts her. And I'd be lying if I said it didn't sting. It does. Hurts like hell for the woman I love to be looking at me like that, like a goddamn crime scene or a kicked puppy.

"You don't have to do that."

"Do what?"

"Look at me. Clearly bothers you to do so."

I grab my device and shove it into my pocket, then stand up and walk to the door.

"Jayce!"

My body stops in place when I expect her to either A: whip me around to face her or B: walk in front of me.

She goes with A.

"I am here, you know. I am right here. We all lost people and now the only people we have left is each other, isn't that something to hold onto?"

I feel like I'm not even present. I know she's right, I should be at least grateful she's still here. And I am.

But I'm more angry and sad than anything else.

All I want is to feel happy she's still here. Happy that I have Natasha. But there's this painful hole in my chest, an emptiness I know can never be filled again.

"I'm sorry Natasha. I can't give you what you want."

I go to turn away again but she grabs at me and grips tightly on my wrist, eyes flaring with a fierce anger I should know to be scared of but I can't bring myself to feel much of anything.

"Oh yeah? And how the hell do you think you know what I want? What do I want Jayce?"

With a slight shrug to my shoulders, I sigh, "I don't know. What do you want?"

"You, Jayce! Goddammit, I just want you! I've lost everyone too, you know! My mother when she was killed by Dreykov. I never even knew my father's name! I lost my adoptive parents, my friends, Clint's nowhere to be found, and I lost my little sister! So forgive me if I am trying to hold on to one of the only people I have left!"

My body flinches at her tone, the crack in her voice when she shrieks at me, the broken words spilling off her tongue.

For the first time in 23 days, it's like a wave of remorse comes over me. I stare at the woman I've clearly started breaking and blink away some forming tears as my shoulders slump.

"Okay, okay. I'm sorry," I breathe out, placing a hand on her shoulder but she slaps me away immediately.

"Don't."

My heart clenches in my chest; I squeeze the bridge of my nose and breathe out heavily, "I'm sorry, Natasha. I-I just...it all happened so fast. I'm sorry. I didn't...fuck."

I can feel my mind reeling. I can hear voices getting louder. Behind Natasha I see Gwen appear with a pitiful look in her eyes as she looks towards Natasha.

"You broke her."

My eyes squeeze shut while I shake my head, "Shut up."

"Excuse me?" Nat's voice comes back into my ears but I groan, "Not you. I-fuck."

"Jayce...I'm worried about you. You haven't been eating much. You only leave your room to train and when you do train you punch holes in the wall and break the punching bags. You won't even spare a glance at me most days."

Every time I go into that training room, I imagine Thanos. I imagine Harry Osborn. I imagine Ultron. I imagine the man that shot Ben. I imagine every single person that has taken someone from me.

And then I see them. Standing there. I see Wanda, crying. I see Peter asking where I was. I see Gwen telling me I was too late, I wasn't fast enough.

Then I think about seeing Natasha. Ever second I know she's in a room, I can't look at her.

Every single person I have loved has died.

I can't let the same happen to her.

She deserves better, someone that isn't a death magnet. She's lost enough as well.

"I can't look at you."

I know it hurt her to hear, but it's true. I can't. Because when I do, all I want is to kiss her, all I do is get lost in those eyes. But the last time a woman I love had her life in danger being associated with me, her father asked me to stay away to protect her and I didn't listen. And now that woman is dead.

Because I couldn't stay away. I was selfish.

I can't be selfish with Natasha.

"Y-you can't look at me?"

"No, I can't. I'm sorry."

"W-why can't you look at me? Jayce I am here–" "Yeah and I want it to stay that way so just...we can't do this, Natasha."

Fucking hell this hurts.

Natasha POV

Is she...breaking up with me?

"Jayce Cameron Parker, what are you trying to say?"

Her hollow green eyes lower, her bottom lip quivering while she hesitates but I get an anger building in me immediately. She can't do this to me.

"Oh hell no."

"What?"

"No. Fuck no, you're not going to push me away because you think you're some sort of death magnet, alright? You cannot get rid of me that easily!"

I grab onto her and push her backwards as I walk, all the way until she's against the wall, only now she grunts and shakes her head, knocking the back of it against the wall, "Dammit, Natalia, I am trying to protect you!"

"I don't need your fucking protection! I am very capable of protecting myself. I make my own decisions, not you! I've lost so many people the past few weeks, okay? And I'll be damned if you are planning on making me lose you too you jackass!"

Jayce's eyes remain on me, but I finally see some true emotion: fear.

Not what I want her to feel but it's something. I study her stiff figure, listen to the hitches in her breathing, see her gaze drifting off behind me, usually a telling sign of her flashing back to a memory, a traumatizing memory.

When she looks at me again, her eyes alternate between mine and my lips before she crashes our lips together, grabbing my cheeks.

My body jumps with surprise as I stumble backwards but her hands move to my waist and grip onto my hips tightly, causing me to groan into her mouth, tasting the fear and hurt on her tongue.

We pull apart to catch our breath and our eyes remain locked until we hear footsteps and Rhodey's voice, mentioning Tony.

"Come on," I whisper and grab her hand, tugging her out of the room, trying my best to hide my utter joy that she kissed me finally. I don't even have the time to think about what it means when everyone comes into view.

"Bruce gave him a sedative. Should be out the rest of the day."

Carol nods and brushes her hair over her shoulder, walking towards the lab, "Take care of him. When I come back, I'll bring a bottle of Xorrian elixir."

"Where are you going?" Steve frowns and without facing us she responds, "To kill Thanos."

I look to Steve, then to Jayce who just frowns in distaste of the woman and scoffs, pulling her hand away from mine while I breathe out and follow the blonde, "Hey. Hey, hang on."

We stop in the workshop and she faces me. I blink slowly and swallow, "You know, we usually work as a team here and uh...between you and I, morale is a little fragile."

I can hear Steve approaching and before I can continue, he cuts in, "We realize up there is more your territory, but this is our fight too."

Jayce scoffs from leaning against the wall, catching Carol's attention who squints at her in amusement while Jayce tilts her head, "You even know where he is?"

"I know people who might–" "Don't bother."

The blue android-looking woman appears and sighs, "I can tell you where Thanos is."

"Great, spill it, blue-lady. What's your name again?" Jayce smirks and walks over to her, then waves us to follow to the living room.

"Nebula."

We all collect and listen to her explain her story, "Thanos spent a long time trying to...perfect me. When he worked, he talked. About his Great Plan. Even disassembled, I wanted to please him. I'd ask, where would we go once his plan was complete? His answer was always the same: 'To the Garden.'"

I frown and Jayce nods with raised eyebrows, "Well ain't that cute. Thanos has a retirement plan."

"Jay," I whisper and she rolls her eyes while Steve asks where Thanos is. Rocket pulls up a holographic image of Earth, showing the effects of the snap.

"When Thanos snapped his fingers, Earth became ground zero for a power surge of ridiculously cosmic proportions. No one's seen anything like it. Until two days ago." The image changes to a different plant, "On this planet."

I stare at the image and step closer, observing its frequencies and the energy levels on it, frowning as I whisper, "He used the stones again."

"Hey, hey hey hey. We'd be going in short-handed, you know?" Bruce mutters nervously but Jayce cuts in, "And? What the fuck else do we have to lose?"

"Parker, Thanos still has the stones," Rhodey frowns and Carol looks to Jayce and nods, "So let's get him. Use them to bring everyone back."

"Just like that?" Bruce frowns.

I walk closer to Jayce who smirks at Carol and shrugs, "Yeah. Just like that."

"I agree with them," Steve nods and I look to a nervous Bruce and Rhodes.

"Look, even if there's a small chance we can undo this. I mean, we owe it to everyone who's not in this room to try."

A soft hand slips into mine, taking me by surprise. My eyes travel to the hand and up the arm to Jayce who's looking at me with appreciation, a soft, vulnerable look to her gaze. I offer a gentle smile and short nod until Bruce cuts in yet again.

"If we do this, how do we know it's gonna end any differently than it did before."

"Because before you didn't have me," Carol states, making Jayce snort while Rhodey cuts in, "Hey, new girl? Everyone in this room is about that superhero life. And if you don't mind my asking, where the hell have you been all this time?"

"There are a lot of other planets in the universe. And unfortunately, they didn't have you guys."

There's something about her I like. Some of these guys clearly don't like it, but she's sure of herself. Confident. And for good reason. She's been saving people all over the universe for however long. She has every right to be as strong worded as she is.

I can hear a creak from the wooden chair at the table. Thor has finally stood up, walking over to Carol, his feet echoing as they take each step. He stands face-to-face with her, lifting his arm until his axe comes barreling towards them. His hand is right beside her face and I can see the worry in Bruce's fidget while it lands right in his grasp.

Carol doesn't move a muscle. Doesn't flinch.

She just holds eye contact with Thor and smirks.

He looks up and meets everyone's eyes, "I like this one."

"Let's go get this son of a bitch," Steve huffs, walking towards the platforms where the Quinjet and Rocket's ship is.

"Language," Jayce snickers, mood clearly lifted at the sliver of hope we all finally have.

She looks to me, grabbing my hand and leading me towards the ship while I sigh, "Here we go."

Rocket opens it up and we all pile in, Jayce sitting beside me while we take off. She grips onto the arms of the chair and breathes out, "Jesus."

"Okay, who here hasn't been to space?" Rocket calls. Carol looks back while me, Rhodey, Steve, Jayce,

"Why?" Jayce mutters and the raccoon stares at us, "You better not throw up on my ship."

Carol laughs and Jayce looks to me worriedly, "Seriously, why?"

"Approaching jump in 3, 2, 1."

Jayce grips tightly onto my arm while we get pushed back into our seats, a giant weight feeling like it has just smashed into my lungs. I stare out the glass, colors whirring by. A mixture of bright blues, purples, reds, everything you can think of.

It's beautiful.

Jayce's lips curl up in amazement. I look to her and see the reflections of the galaxies in her eyes, but it's no different than her eyes back down on Earth.

She is seeing what I see in her eyes every single day.

We come to a slow, a giant planet in front of us while Carol heads out the door, literally glowing and announces she's heading down for recon while Jayce pulls out her phone, staring at a picture her, Peter, and Wanda took a few years back.

My heart cracks a bit before I speak, "This is gonna work, Jayce."

She sighs and puts her phone away, staring out at the planet before us, "I know it will."

Her head turns to me and splashes of determination, revenge, and fear splatter in her gaze.

"Because I don't know what I'm gonna do if it doesn't."

"No satellites, no ships, no armies. No ground defenses of any kind. It's just him." Carol returns and Nebula breathes out, "And that's enough."

We land and all start heading out. Jayce's suit materializes and she starts swinging towards the cabin right as Carol uses her powers to blast in. Steve and I sprint inside while everyone grabs Thanos.

Jayce has him held by her webs on one side, Bruce in the iron suit on the other.

Thor comes in with his axe and slices the mad titan's arm right off. The anger in the room is earth-shattering, boiling. Rocket grabs the gloved arm and turns it over, eyes widening at what he sees. I stare at it while my heart drops.

No stones.

No no no.

Jayce allows Rhodey to hold the other arm while she jumps down and grabs the detached limb. She stares at it and grips it tightly, dematerializing her mask, allowing for us all to see the fury in her gaze.

"Jayce–" "Where are they?" Her voice is dark. Low. Angry.

Terrifying.

I step back and blink away my tears, all hope being ripped from me.

When he doesn't answer, Jayce grunts and Carol squeezes the titan's neck harder, "Answer the question."

"The universe required correction. After that, the stones served no purpose beyond temptation."

"You murdered TRILLIONS!" Jayce shrieks out and rips the knife out of my holder, shoving it into his chest, kicking him out of Carol's grasp so he lands hard on the ground. Thanos grunts while Jayce rips it down, tearing his skin open but I yell, "Jayce! That's enough!"

"You should be grateful," He spits while I yank her off him, taking my knife back. She wriggles out of my grasp and wipes at her eyes while I shake my head, "Where are the stones."

"Gone. Reduced to atoms."

"You used them two days ago!" Bruce shouts and Thanos grumbles, "I used the stones to destroy the stones. It nearly killed me. But the work is done. It always will be...I am...inevitable."

"W-we have to tear this place apart. He has to be lying," Rhodes pants but Nebula cuts in, "My father is many things. A liar is not one of them."

Jayce shakes her head as she tears through the cabin, the sounds of her breaking and trashing things causing my body to jump while Thanos speaks, "Ah. Thank you daughter. Perhaps I was too hard on you–" Thor's axe swings down, chopping Thanos' head right off, with one clean swipe.

Jayce turns around and stares. I blink away tears, trying not to think about Yelena being forever gone. About all the time we didn't have together.

"What did you do?" Rocket whispers to Thor, who is standing with an empty gaze. He's numb.

Him and Jayce look the same right about now. Angry, broken, tired.

"I went for the head."

__

A/N: Well...shit's gonna be sad as hell for a while :)

What do you think will happen?

What do you want to happen?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.1K 262 8
Natasha Romanoff x Reader Warnings: There will be smut (Parts with smut will have their own warnings and will be marked as '18+ ONLY'). Every part wi...
48.2K 1.1K 50
Natasha Romanoff x Avery Rogers -smut -strong language -self harm -drinking -eating disorder -suicide attempt ๐Ÿ˜-smut โš ๏ธ-any other trigger warning
88.8K 2.1K 42
just a little N.R. x Y/N Stark fanfiction "You just wanna stare at her for the rest of the evening or will you actually go over and talk to her?" "Y...