The Newest Ranger

By NiallJHoran22

Penelope Tyler is recruited as the Purple Power Ranger along with her schoolmates, Jason Lee Scott, Zack Tayl... More

Chapter 1: Day of The Dumpster
Chapter 2: High Five
Chapter 3: Teamwork
Chapter 4: A Pressing Engagement
Chapter 5: Different Drum
Chapter 6: Food Fight
I, Eye Guy

Chapter 7: Big Sisters

56 1 0
By NiallJHoran22

"Hey, Ernie have you seen a little girl wearing long black pigtails around here?" Kimberly asks. "No Kimberly, sorry," Ernie says. Kimberly, Trini, and Penelope look around for the little girl named Maria. "Billy, have you seen Maria?" Trini asks. Billy gets up from his chair. "We can't find her anywhere," Trini says. Kimberly leans against the railing looking around. Trini, Billy, and Penelope walk over to Kimberly. "Don't worry I'm sure she's all right," Billy says. Jason and Zack see Billy and the girls and go over to them. "Hey girls, what's up? You look like you just lost something," Jason says as Zack comes to Jason's left side. "Not something Jason, someone. A 12-year-old girl named, Maria," Kimberly says handing Jason a towel. "Kimberly, Penelope, and I volunteered to be Big Sisters for the day, she was supposed to be here half an hour ago," Trini says, then looks at Kimberly as she speaks. "You don't think she's in some sort of trouble do you?" "All right ladies take it easy, there's no need to fear Detective Zack is here," Zack laughs coming up behind the girls standing between Kim and Trini, before continuing. "Besides how much trouble could a little girl cause?" Zack questions causing Kimberly, Trini, and Penelope to look at him. Guys come running from the showers in towels and shower caps yelping, some still with shampoo in their hair, causing everyone to laugh. "Talk about a bad way to start the day, who'd do a thing like that anyway?" Jason asks. Kimberly, Trini, and Penelope all look over and see Maria. Trini points as the three girls speak in unison, "Maria."

Maria sits at the counter drinking a drink when the three girls come over, Trini sits down. "Maria, we're not mad at you. Why did you turn off the hot water?" Trini asks. Maria looks at her and speaks, "I just wanted to get your attention, that's all." Trini puts her hand on Maria's arm. "Maria, just be yourself we'll be your friends no matter what you do," Kimberly says as Maria looks at her. "You will?" Maria asks. "Sure, that's what being friends are all about, right?" Penelope says, looking at Kim and Trini. "Right. Now how would you like to go on a picnic we'd pack a giant basket and have lots of fun. What do you say?" Trini asks Maria. Maria nods eagerly. Kimberly looks at Trini, "I hope you know what we're getting ourselves into."

At the Park, Kimberly is sitting on the blanket along with Penelope, while Trini lays on her stomach with her elbows propping her up, and her feet swing behind her head. "Hey Maria, come eat lunch, it's really good," Kimberly calls out to Maria who walks over. "All right." Kim, Trini, and Penelope are eating chips. Maria sits down, "Thanks for being my friends guys. My dad tries real hard but there's things that he just doesn't understand, know what I mean?" Maria asks. Kimberly, Trini, and Penelope nod. "Maria, anytime you wanna talk, we'll listen, okay," Trini tells Maria. Kimberly nods, "Yeah, you know that's what friends are all about." "Thanks," Maria says. Kimberly puts her bag of chips down, "So, who's the raddest boy in your class?" Kimberly asks, brushing the crumbs from her hands and crossing her arms over her stomach leaning forward. "Are you kidding?! They're all dorks, yuck!" Maria says causing the girls to laugh. Kimberly picks her bag of chips back up, unbeknownst to the Putty Patrollers behind them, until Maria mentions it. "Who are those guys?" Trini, Kimberly, and Penelope turn around. "Oh no!" Penelope says. "Looks like we've got picnic crashers." "Putty Patrollers. Maria come here quick, get between us," Kimberly says as they all get to their feet. "What's going on?" Maria asks. A Putty Patroller goes for Maria, only to be met with a double kick from Kim and Trini. The girls continue to fight the Putty Patrollers. Kimberly pulls Maria down as a Putty Patroller tries to kick her, "Look out." Trini flips one to the ground, "Leave us alone!" Penelope kicks one in the head, taking it down, "Stay away from us!" Kimberly cartwheel kicks one, "Hi-Ya! Yeah, and go back where you came from!" Trini kicks one, "Ha!" Kimberly does a backhand spring on one, "Ya! Hi-Ya!" Two Putty Patrollers grab Maria, "Hey get your hands off me, creep!" Maria calls out. A Putty Patroller grabs Trini from behind, holding her. "Maria!" Trini shouts. "I said let go!" The Putty Patrollers disappear. Kimberly and Penelope run over to Trini. "Great, now what are we gonna do?" Kimberly asks.

Trini, Kimberly, and Penelope rush into the Youth Center, running up to the boys. "Guys, guys, we have a serious problem," Trini says, gaining the attention of the boys. "Rita just kidnapped Maria. Six Putty Patrollers came out of nowhere and grabbed her. We were gonna go after them but-" Trini cuts Kimberly off, "But I thought we should get help." "Well, why would Rita wanna kidnap a little kid?" Billy asks. "I don't know, Billy. Let's talk to Zordon," Jason says. They all go for their Wrist Communicators. "Uh-oh, the Communicators aren't working," Billy states looking at Kimberly beside him and then back to the Wrist Communicator. Kimberly taps the side of the Communicator with her fingers before sighing, "This is really turning out to be more than just a bad hair day." Trini puts one hand up, before dropping it to her side, "So, what now?" "We gotta get to the Command Center," Zack says. Jason looks up from fiddling with his Communicator, "Teleportations down too." Billy looks down to his wrist then back up to the others, "Negative, unfortunately, the repairs could take hours on these." Billy says, putting his arm down. The Rangers all look at each other glumly, until Billy speaks again, "However, there's one possible alternative, see I've been manufacturing a little surprise back in my garage, I'm sure it could get us to the Command Center. Is anyone interested?" "That's a great idea, Billy!" Penelope says. "I'm in," Jason says standing up. "Me too," Trini says. "Let's do it!" Zack says. Billy picks up a roll of paper and follows behind Jason, Trini, and Zack, with Kimberly and Penelope behind him.

At Billy's garage, "Well, what do you think? I call it the Radbug. It's capable of transporting us to any destination on the planet's surface." Billy explains. "The Radbug?" Trini questions from beside Zack. "So, what's so rad about it?" Zack asks. "It does zero to three thousand in 2.8 seconds." "3000?" Jason questions. "Yeah," Billy says. Zack claps his hands together before placing them against his chest, "I'm sold." "Me too, let's do it," Kimberly says opening the door. Everyone piles inside the Bug. "Okay, buckle up everybody, here we go," Billy says, driving from the garage before they teleport through the air. As they soar through the air Zack sees a button, "Hey Billy, what's this do?" "Zack, Zack, don't touch anything on the instrument panel, okay," Billy says. They continue through the air until they arrive at the Command Center.

Alpha turns around, "It's an old car. Oh, Power Rangers! How did you get here? Teleportation and Communication have been out for hours." The Rangers walk over to Alpha. "Never mind that you all look distressed. What is troubling you?" "I'm afraid our old pal Rita is at it again," Trini says with her arms crossed. "She kidnapped a 12-year-old girl named Maria and is holding her captive," Kimberly explains. "What do you think she's up to, Zordon?" Zack asks. "Unfortunately, something I've been fearing for over 10 millennia." "Oh no, Rita has located the Power Eggs," Alpha says. Kimberly looks at Billy who shrugs. "Precisely," Zordon says. "Power Eggs, I don't get it," Zack says." "Behold the images in the Viewing Globe and all your questions will be answered." The Rangers and Alpha are quick to turn around and rush to the Viewing Globe, as Zordon explains. "It is an ancient tale that dates back to when the battle between good and evil began. Millions of years ago ancient Sorcerers who called themselves the Morphing Masters hid a universe of power within two Mystic Power Eggs. By casting the Eggs into the sea the Sorcerers believed that their ancient ancestors would look down on the Eggs and protect them from universal danger," The Rangers and Alph turn back to Zordon. "To ensure the safety of the safety of the chest only the touch of an innocent child like Maria, can open the magical container." "Well, Zordon, what do you think we should do?" Jason asks. "You must save the girl then return the Power Eggs to the sea. If Rita gets hold of them she will become so powerful she will never be stopped."

The Rangers are back in the Bug, "According to Zordon's instructions we're nearly to the Cave of the Morphing Masters," Billy says. "If Rita touches one hair on Maria's head I'll—" Jason cuts Kimberly off, "Hey, we'll save her, she'll be all right." "Why can't we just fly the car over there?" Trini asks. "Because approaching by ground makes it less visible, it might allow us to surprise Rita," Penelope says. "One more bend and we'll be there," Billy says. "Everybody keep your eyes open and be ready to morph," Jason says. "Look, there's Rita's goons!" Zack says. "But no Maria," Kimberly says. "All right! It's Morphin time!" The Rangers Morph and get ready to battle. "Release Maria and the Power Eggs! Let's do it!" The girls jump on the boys' shoulders, "Let's do it!" Jason shouts, as their Blasters form a circle. The blast shocks Goldar and the others, causing them to throw the chest and Eggs into the water. The fight continues with Goldar before the girls fight the Chicken.

"We need Dinozord Power, now!" Jason calls for the Zords as they come to them "All right! Hi-Ya!!" Jason jumps into his Zord. The other Rangers follow, jumping into their Zords too. "Log on!" Jason calls out. "Zack here and I'm ready to rock." "Billy here, systems nominal." "Trini, all systems go!" "Penelope here, ready for action!" "All right let's rescue Maria," Kimberly says. "Right! Let's do it Rangers! Power up your Power Crystals!"Jason says as he powers up his. "Right! Crystal Power!" "Engage Crystal!" Jason says. "2, 1, power up!" The Rangers insert their Crystals into their Zords. "Let's show ''em some Megazord Power!" Jason says as the Zords commence into battle mode. "Megazord Battle Mode, now!" Jason commands. "All right Power Rangers, we've got a little girl to save. Let's do it!" 

"Hey Power Geeks, I'll make you a deal, I'll let her go as soon as you bring me the Power Eggs," Rita says. "Yeah, Power Eggs!" Chunky Chicken says, backing and laughing. "All right Rita you've lost the Power Eggs, so let the little girl go, now!" Jason demands. "Yeah, let me go!" Maria tells the Chicken. "Go ahead and cut it," Rita tells Chunky Chicken making a cutting motion with her fingers. "Hey!" Maria says. "Cut it a little more, Birdbrain!" Rita tells Chunky Chicken again, making a cutting motion with her fingers. Trini stands up in the Megazord and points out the window to the Chicken, "Hey, Birdbrain, cut that rope again and you've had it!" Rita laughs, "We're scared now! Chunky Chicken show the Power Rangers what we think of their threat!" Chunky Chicken cuts the rope and Maria lands in the hand of the Megazord. "Ooh! I hate you guys!" Rita groans. "All right!" The Rangers say in unison. "You may have saved the little girl but all I have to do is make my Chicken giant and he'll destroy that stupid Zord of yours. So, what do you think of that!?" "Give us your best shot!" Jason tells Rita. Rita throws her staff at the ground and Chunky Chicken grows gigantic. "Whoa!" Zack says, jumping. "Bring in the Radbug by remote and get Maria out of here!" Billy tells Jason. The Megazord shakes, "Whoa!" The Rangers say in unison. "There it is! Jason, put Maria down by the car," Billy says. "Right. Maria, climb in the car it'll take you to safety," Jason tells her. Maria pulls the rope off of her jumping down from the Zord's hand, "You don't have to tell me twice!" Maria gets into the car and it drives away. "That was a great idea, Billy!" Penelope praises him. "Thank you." Chunky Chicken takes advantage of the situation and drop-kicks the Megazord, shooting sparks. "Rangers, pull it together we've gotta stop it!" Jason says. The Megazord and Chunky Chicken fight. "It's all over beak breath!" Jason says as the Megazord punches Chunky Chicken and he bocks, rolling to the ground. "We need the Power Sword, now!" Jason calls out as the Power Sword lands in the hand of the Megazord. "Let's finish this fight!" Jason says. "Hi-Ya!" The Rangers say in union making a striking motion with their hands. They strike Chunky Chicken defeating him. "Way to go guys, we got him!" "Morphin'." The Rangers say in unison.

Back at the Youth Center, a program plays on TV. "Angel Grove's, Mayor presented the Angel Award to a group of kids who set up a recycling drive and kept tons of trash out of our landfills. This just in, we've just gotten word that once again the amazing Power Rangers have saved our fair city and the world from one of Rita Repulsa's lethal monsters." "Hey Zack," Kimberly says, sitting at the table with Billy and Penelope. Zack comes up the steps with his skateboard in hand, "Yo, Kimberly, what's up?" "Kimberly, can you get the chili for me?" Ernie ask. "It's his veggie chili, it's great," Kimberly says, leaving the table as does Zack.

Kimberly stands in front of the counter raising a bowl over her head, shouting. "Anybody want some of Ernie's veggie chili?" Kimberly looks at Ernie. "I just made it fresh, it's on the house!" Ernie says and everyone flocks to the counter as Kimberly tries to make her way out of the throng of people she accidentally drops the big bowl of Chili, "Oh no!" The bowl lands directly on Bulk's head, covering him, and causing Skull to laugh. "Sorry Bulk, it was supposed to be on the house, not on you!" Kimberly apologizes.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 48 8
Alexis Oliver is sent to Blue Bay Harbor after her Sensei and Ninja School disappear into the sky. She told to find the other Ninja Rangers and help...
128K 2.5K 27
There aren't just five Power Rangers. There are six. Instead of Jason being the Red Ranger, Jaylyn is. Kimberly is the Pink Ranger, Trini the Purple...
61.7K 1.3K 31
Courtney Oliver is the adopted daughter of ranger legend Tommy Oliver. Secretly she attends the fire academy in reefside. What happens when Lothor at...
114K 2K 18
Annie has always been the shy, quiet girl who would rather read a book then go out and socialise. When a unexpected incident happens, Annie lands he...