A Girl Called Lori

By RStoriesz

Lex has been defeated, and Kara and Lena are rebuilding their friendship, with Kara having realised she is to... More

Chapter 1 - A Girl Called Lori
Chapter 2 - Lori at L-Corp
Chapter 3 - The Interview
Chapter 4 - Final Assessments
Chapter 5 - Lori's New Home
Chapter 6 - Lori's Issues
Chapter 7 - Lori Meets Alex
Chapter 8 - Jealousy
Chapter 9 - Indian Food
Chapter 10 - Lori Meets Nia
Chapter 11 - Italian Lunch
Chapter 12 - Another Nightmare
Chapter 13 - Alex & Lori
Chapter 14 - Helen's Check In
Chapter 15 - Kara and Lori's Friday
Chapter 16 - Eliza Meets Lori
Chapter 17 - Making Pizzas
Chapter 18 - Roast Dinner
Chapter 19 - Back to School
Chapter 20 - First Date Preparations
Chapter 21 - Kara & Lena's Date
Chapter 22 - Kara Tells Lori
Chapter 23 - Second Date
Chapter 24 - Sexy Fun Times
Chapter 25 - Christmas Shopping
Chapter 26 - The Terrorists
Chapter 27 - Drive to Midvale
Chapter 28 - Midvale
Chapter 30 - Christmas Eve Part 2
Chapter 31 - Christmas Fair
Chapter 32 - Christmas Day Part 1
Chapter 33 - The News
Chapter 34 - Digging Dirt
Chapter 35 - Kara Meets the Lawyer
Chapter 36 - A New Year
Chapter 37 - Custody Petition
Chapter 38 - Stephen Andrews
Chapter 39 - Lori Finds Out
Chapter 40 - Morning Cuteness
Chapter 41 - Day with Lori
Chapter 42 - Court Date
Chapter 43 - Trial Preparations
Chapter 44 - Lawyer Meeting
Chapter 45 - Second Trial Prep
Chapter 46 - Trial Nerves
Chapter 47 - Trial Begins
Chapter 48 - Court Day 2
Chapter 49 - Kara on the Stand
Chapter 50 - Kara Questioned
Chapter 51 - The Investigation
Chapter 52 - Cat Testifies!
Chapter 53 - Finale Part 1
Chapter 54 - A Girl Called Lori

Chapter 29 - Christmas Eve Part 1

739 33 2
By RStoriesz

It is now the middle of the night, and Lori wakes up with a yelp, after having a nightmare where bad people came and killed Kara, just like they killed her daddy. It is a nightmare that Lori has had multiple times since Kara originally fostered her, and it makes Lori scared every single time.

"Lori, are you okay, honey?" Eliza says, entering the bedroom.

"Eliza?" Lori says, confused.

"Yes, honey, it's me." Eliza says, with a glass of water in one of her hands, as she approaches Lori's bed, "Did you have a bad dream or something?"

"Yeah." Lori nods, with a distressed look on her face, "I want mommy."

"Well, mommy is asleep now." Eliza says, "But I'm awake, as I was just getting up to get myself a glass of water. So, how about you come with me, and we can sleep together? I have a big bed that has a lot of space."

Lori looks at Eliza, biting her lip for a moment, before she finally nods her head.

"Okay." Lori says.

"Good." Eliza smiles, "Now, I would carry you, but I have this glass of water in my hand, and I don't want to spill it. So, can you walk with me? I'll hold your hand if you want?"

Lori nods her head again, and gets out of the bed, and takes Eliza's offered hand. The two then walk out of Alex and Kara's old room, and down the hallway into Eliza's room.

"Here we are." Eliza smiles, "Come on, get on up."

Lori proceeds to crawl onto the bed, with Eliza getting under the covers, and placing her glass of water on the bedside table. The two then lay next to one another.

"Goodnight, Lori." Eliza says, as she turns off her bedside light.

"Night, night." Lori replies.

Lori and Eliza then lay there for a little while, both trying to go to sleep.

"Grandma?" Lori eventually whispers.

"Yes, honey?" Eliza replies.

"Can I cuddle with you? I'm still scared." Lori says.

"Of course you can; come here." Eliza says.

Lori then quickly moves over towards Eliza, and settles into the Danvers matriarch's embrace, feeling much more at ease with some form of physical contact.

"There we go. That better?" Eliza asks.

"Yeah." Lori replies.

"Good." Eliza says, as she kisses Lori on the top of her head, "You go to sleep now."

"Okay." Lori nods.

Eliza and Lori then both close their eyes and fall asleep.

A few hours later, at around 4 in the morning, Lena wakes up needing to go to the bathroom. Usually Lena doesn't need to get up in the night to pee or anything, but due to the nice dinner she had with Kara, Lori and Eliza, she had much more to drink than usual, both water, and some wine. Therefore, right now Lena's bladder is really telling her she needs to go. So, Lena carefully makes her way out of Kara's embrace, not wanting to wake her kryptonian girlfriend, and then gets out of the bed, and quietly leaves the bedroom.

A few minutes later, Lena is walking back out of the bathroom, along the corridor, and as she does, she decides to poke her head into Kara and Alex's old room to check on Lori. However, as Lena does this, she doesn't see Lori inside.

"Lori?" Lena calls out, as she walks further into the room.

Lena then begins to quickly search the whole room not finding Lori at all. After she does this, she quickly runs downstairs, and searches everywhere down there, thinking Lori might have gone downstairs to get some water or something, but Lena doesn't find Lori there either.

Lena soon rushes back upstairs to get Kara, but as she does, she sees the blonde walking out of the bedroom they've been sharing.

"Lena? What's the matter? I can hear your heartbeat going crazy." Kara says, in a whisper, while rubbing her eyes.

"Lori's missing. I can't find her." Lena says, panicked.

"What?" Kara says, confused, and then quickly makes her way into her and Alex's old room.

"I've searched downstairs as well, and Lori's not there." Lena says, now really starting to panic.

Once Kara sees that Lori is not in her old bedroom, she stills for a few moments, before finally turning back around to look at Lena, with a small smile on her face.

"It's fine, Lee." Kara says.

"What? How's this fine?" Lena asks, still panicking.

"She's in bed with Eliza." Kara says.

"How do you...." Lena begins.

"I can hear Lori and Eliza's heartbeats both coming from Eliza's bedroom, they are sleeping together." Kara says.

"Are you sure?" Lena asks, nervously.

"Come on." Kara says, holding out her hand.

Lena proceeds to take Kara's hand, and the blonde then leads Lena down the corridor and outside Eliza's room. Kara quietly opens Eliza's bedroom door, not wanting to wake her adoptive mom or Lori, and pokes her head inside the room, along with Lena. The two women then proceed to see Eliza and Lori lying next to each other, cuddled together, with Eliza holding Lori close to her chest.

"There. See." Kara says, as she and Lena pull their heads out of the room, and Kara closes the door behind them.

Lena lets out a big sigh of relief.

"Good." Lena says.

"Come on, let's go back to bed." Kara says.

Kara then leads Lena back to the bedroom that the two of them are sharing, with them both getting back under the covers, and Kara taking Lena in for a big hug, wrapping her arms completely around the brunette. This action from Kara makes Lena feel very much at ease, and it soon allows her to fall back to sleep, with Kara doing the same about 5 minutes later.

***********************

It is now the following morning, and Lena wakes up to the amazing feeling of being held in Kara's arms, and the blonde looking directly at her. Lena can see Kara's beautiful blue eyes, with so much love in them, all directed at her. It makes Lena feel incredible, an amazing way to start the day.

"Morning." Lena smiles, widely.

"Morning." Kara smiles back.

"How long have you been awake?" Lena asks.

"About 30 minutes." Kara replies.

"And what.... you've just been staring at me the whole time?" Lena asks, but with a loving smile.

"Yeah." Kara nods, "How could I not? You're so beautiful."

Lena smiles even wider after Kara says that.

"Well, I think you are pretty beautiful too, darling." Lena says, and gives Kara a peck on the lips.

"Mhmmmm." Kara hums into the kiss.

Kara and Lena then kiss for a little while, before they finally part from each other, both with loving looks on their faces.

"So, what's the plan for today?" Lena asks.

"Well, it's Christmas Eve, and usually here in Midvale, every year around Christmas, there is this little Christmassy festival that Eliza would take me and Alex to every Christmas Eve. So, I thought that maybe later this evening we could all go to that?" Kara suggests, "Alex, Kelly and Esme should be here by then, because they are actually setting off early this morning, rather than at midday like we did yesterday."

"Oh, well that sounds lovely." Lena smiles, "But it sounds like we will have a bit of time to do stuff before then?"

"Yeah." Kara nods, "It's about 9 right now, so I doubt we'll leave for the festival until around 5, or whenever Kelly, Alex and Esme are settled enough to be ready to go out. But I'm sure Eliza will have some other stuff planned that we can all do. If not, I'm sure she'll have some ideas."

"Okay then." Lena smiles, "I guess we better get up and start our days?"

"Yeah." Kara nods, "Eliza and Lori are already downstairs making breakfast. I can hear them laughing and giggling right now."

"Alright then." Lena smiles, "Let's get up and see what they are up to."

"Wait." Kara says, stopping Lena from getting up.

Lena then turns back to look at Kara, and Kara takes Lena in for a passionate kiss. Lena, for her part, kisses Kara back happily, not minding this at all. Lena thinks she could kiss Kara for hours and hours on end, it feels better kissing Kara than how she has felt kissing anyone else in her life. Eventually though, the two women do have to part.

"What... what was that for?" Lena asks, catching her breath.

"I just wanted to kiss you one more time, while we are alone." Kara says.

Lena smiles widely at Kara saying that, with her heart racing with how much further she is falling in love with Kara.

Kara and Lena then get up from the bed they are sharing, with Kara quickly heading to the bathroom first, to do her business, while Lena grabs her dressing gown that she has brought with her. Kara then returns to the bedroom, and Lena uses the bathroom, before the two head downstairs together, holding hands.

Once Lena and Kara get downstairs, they both can hear Eliza and Lori talking in the kitchen, with Lori giggling, in a happy little voice, at a few things that Eliza is saying to her. Both Kara and Lena are so happy that Lori's mood seems to have very much improved since the other day, when she was very clingy and emotional after the attack at the mall.

Kara and Lena walk through the living room and then into the kitchen, where they see Lori helping Eliza stir a bowl of something, which clearly at the very least contains flour, because the 7-year-old has flour over some of her face, and in a bit of her hair. Eliza is cutting up some fruit while standing next to Lori, who is stood on top of a little stool, so she can actually see over the kitchen counter.

"Hey guys. What are you doing?" Kara says, with a smile.

"Mommy!" Lori says, and quickly jumps off of the stool and runs over to Kara, taking her in for a hug.

As Lori runs over to her, Kara picks the 7-year-old up into her arms, and kisses her on one of her cheeks, tasting the flour as she does.

"How have you got so messy?" Kara asks, with a loving smile.

"I'm making pancakes with grandma!" Lori says.

"Oh, really?" Kara smirks, "You've done that with me before, and only got flour over you because of a flour fight we had. How did you get it over you this time?"

"It was actually my fault." Eliza admits.

"Really?" Kara asks, surprised.

"Yeah. I'd got the flour out of the cupboard, and placed it on the counter." Eliza says, "I then was telling Lori to help me pour the correct amount of flour into a bowl, so we could weigh it, but as she did, the flour bag broke open. I'd forgot that the flour bag we were using I'd accidentally torn open more than I needed to the other week when I was making a cake. So because of that, this time, the flour came out of the bag, landed on the counter, and blew up into Lori's face."

"Oh, well that sounds quite messy." Kara smiles.

"It was." Lori nods, "But grandma helped clean me up. But she said I'll need a shower once we eat our breakfast."

"Yeah, you will." Kara nods, and then places Lori back down onto the ground.

Lori then turns to look at Lena.

"Hello Lena." Lori smiles widely, as she approaches the CEO.

"Hello, darling." Lena smiles back.

Lori then takes Lena in for a hug, wrapping her hands around Lena's leg. In response, Lena just strokes the top of Lori's head, not wanting to pick the young girl up and get all flour over her silk dressing gown which will stain very easily.

"How long have you and grandma been awake?" Lena asks, "Mommy and I know that you ended up sleeping with grandma last night, as I saw you weren't in your room early this morning when I got up to do a wee. It scared me a little bit."

"Oh, sorry Lena, dear." Eliza says, "But I was up last night getting myself some water, and I heard Lori having a nightmare. She wanted to go into you and Kara's room, but I suggested she go in with me, which she did."

"Yes, we snuggled in grandma's big bed!" Lori says, with a big smile.

"Well, that sounds nice." Lena smiles, happily.

"Yeah." Lori nods, "But I still like to snuggle with you and mommy!"

Lena chuckles, and smiles even wider at Lori, feeling so much love for the young girl right now.

"I love snuggling with you too, darling." Lena says.

Lori smiles widely at Lena saying that, and then gives the CEO another tight hug around her legs, showing Lena how much she loves her.

"Okay, Lori." Eliza says, "Are you going to come help me finish making these pancakes, or do you want to continuing hugging mommy and Lena?"

"I want to help with the pancakes!" Lori exclaims.

"Okay, come here then." Eliza smiles.

Lori then quickly jumps back onto the stool and continues to help Eliza with the pancakes.

"Is there anything we can do?" Kara asks.

"No, honey." Eliza smiles, "Why don't you make Lena a coffee or something? Then you two can sit in the living room and wait for Lori and I to finish making our breakfast."

"Okay." Kara replies.

************************

It is now a little while later, and Kara, Lena, Lori and Eliza are just finishing eating their breakfast. During the few minutes where Eliza and Lori finished cooking the breakfast, Lena and Kara used it to snuggle with one another in the living room, while drinking their coffees, and making out with each other a little bit. But they were soon disturbed by Eliza yelling out to them, to let them know the pancakes were ready.

"Eliza, Lena was asking earlier what we are planning to do today." Kara says, "Do you have any ideas?"

"Oh, well, I thought it might be fun to take the kids to the Christmas carnival later, like we used to do?" Eliza suggests.

Kara chuckles, with a wide smile growing on her face.

"Yeah. I already mentioned that to Lena." Kara says.

"What's the carnival?" Lori asks, in a cute voice.

"It's a sort of fair that is put on in Midvale every year during Christmas time. There are some fun games to play, where you can win prizes. Then also there is an ice-skating rink, some rides, and a bunch of stalls that sell yummy food." Kara says.

"Ooooooo. Okay." Lori nods, "Can I go ice skating?"

"Of course you can." Kara smiles.

"Yay!" Lori says, excitedly.

Kara, Lena and Eliza chuckle after hearing that.

"Do you have anything else planned for us, Eliza?" Kara asks.

"Uhhhh.... no." Eliza says.

"That's okay." Kara says, "I might just take Lena and Lori around Midvale, and give them a little tour, and show them all the sights, and the places I had all around me growing up."

"That sounds like a wonderful idea, honey." Eliza smiles.

"Okay then." Kara says, taking a breath, "I guess that means we all have to get ready."

"Alright." Lena nods.

"Do you want to come with us today, Eliza?" Kara asks.

"Oh no." Eliza says, "If we are going out this evening, I don't want to be tired out by going walking around town all of today."

"Sure." Kara nods, and then turns to look at Lori, "Now, you miss, need a shower to get all the flour off your face. Let's go."

"Can Lena help me?" Lori asks, cutely.

"Oh...." Kara says, and then turns to look at Lena.

"Of course I can, darling." Lena smiles, standing up from her chair, and reaching out a hand towards Lori's.

Lori takes Lena's hand, and the two then head upstairs, leaving Kara and Eliza alone at the kitchen table.

"Come on, while Lena helps Lori shower, you can help me wash all these dishes." Eliza says.

Kara chuckles.

"Is that still Eliza code for, 'we can talk in private'?" Kara asks.

Eliza chuckles upon hearing that.

"Perhaps." Eliza replies.

"Okay." Kara says.

Kara and Eliza then gather up the dishes and head into the kitchen, where they begin washing everything up.

"So, tell me, how are things going with you and Lena?" Eliza asks, with a smirk.

Kara chuckles.

"I thought you were going to ask about me and Lori." Kara says.

"I have no need to." Eliza replies, with a smile, "You're her mom, she's calling you 'mommy', I know it's going amazingly."

"Hmmm.... Well... things have been going amazingly with me and Lena too." Kara says, "We've been on a few more dates. Although it has been difficult to have dates when no one can watch Lori. But thankfully we have found work arounds for that, either having dates at lunch, or taking Lori with us on our date. That doesn't happen often though, because Nia, and Alex and Kelly are usually free to take Lori."

"I see." Eliza nods, "So, can I expect a wedding any time soon?"

"Eliza!" Kara says, startled.

"What?" Eliza replies.

"We've only been dating for a short time. It would be insane to get married, or even propose now." Kara says, "In fact, Lena and I had a joking comment about this driving up here."

"Joking, huh? Who mentioned it first?" Eliza asks.

"Well uhh.... Lena." Kara says.

Eliza then grows a knowing look on her face, which Kara notices.

"What?!" Kara says.

"Nothing." Eliza says.

"No, what? You clearly are thinking something." Kara says.

"Well, I'm just thinking that if Lena was the one to bring it up, even in a joking manner, clearly she is thinking about it. And if she is thinking about it, that probably means if you proposed now, she'd say yes." Eliza says.

Kara's eyes widen after hearing Eliza say that.

"I...... but we've not been dating long." Kara says, flustered.

"No. But you have been best friends for a long time now, and your bond was already very strong. You were very close." Eliza says.

"Yeah.... I guess." Kara nods, now growing her own thoughtful look on her face.

"Look, I didn't mean to worry you or anything. And I'm not saying you have to propose to Lena now. I'm just suggesting that maybe it's not something that you have to wait for as long as other couples do." Eliza says.

"Yeah, okay. I get it." Kara nods, "But before I can think of anything like that, I need to deal with finalising my adoption of Lori."

"You're adopting Lori?!" Eliza says, in a surprised voice, "Why have you not told me this?"

"Cause I was going to tell you once we got up here, and now's the only time we've had to talk, without Lori being near. I haven't mentioned it to Lori yet. I've been waiting for Lena's lawyers to finalise everything, or get the ball rolling. I'm not too sure on the details of the process." Kara says.

"I see." Eliza nods, "You're using Lena's lawyers?"

"I am." Kara says, "I asked Lena for help, because I know with her help I have the best chance of adopting Lori."

"Well, I'm happy for you Kara." Eliza smiles, "You, and Lori."

"Thanks." Kara replies.

Meanwhile, upstairs in the bathroom, Lena has just got Lori undressed and in the shower. Lena herself has removed her dressing gown, and rolled up her sleeves of her pyjamas, planning to try and not get too wet while she helps Lori.

"Alright, Lori, can you turn the show on?" Lena asks.

Lori turns around and looks at the handle of the shower. She then proceeds to try and turn it, but she isn't able to.

"I can't." Lori says.

Lena sighs.

"I guess I'll do it." Lena says.

Lena reaches into the shower, twists the handle, which turns the shower on, and then quickly moves her body out of the shower, trying to avoid getting wet. However, Lena fails in this regard, because her right arm, and some of her hair, are completely wet.

"Damn.... Well.... that didn't work out too well." Lena mutters.

Lori simply has a smile on her face, clearly amused by Lena getting wet.

"Alright." Lena says, "Are you good now? You don't need any more of my help?"

Lori then looks around the shower, clearly trying to locate something.

"I don't have my sponge, or my shampoo." Lori says.

"Alright. Hang on one sec." Lena says.

Lena then quickly makes her way out of the bathroom, and stands at the top of the stairs.

"Kara?!" Lena calls out.

Kara quickly appears at the bottom of the stairs, clearly having used some of her super speed.

"Yes? Is everything okay?" Kara asks.

"Yes. I just need Lori's sponge, and her shampoo and everything." Lena explains.

"Oh Rao." Kara says, in a slightly surprised voice.

"What?" Lena asks.

"I forgot to pack Lori and I's shampoo and body wash." Kara explains, "I have her sponge in a white plastic bag in the bag with my clothes."

"Alright. You can just use my shampoo and body wash." Lena says, "I'll grab Lori's sponge."

"Thank you, Lena." Kara smiles, "You sure you don't need me to come up and help?"

"No. I'll be fine." Lena says back.

Lena then walks into her and Kara's bedroom, and retrieves the sponge from Kara's bag, before walking into the bathroom, where Lori is now completely wet, having stood under the shower for a little while.

"Okay Lori." Lena says, "I have your sponge here, but mommy forgot to pack your shampoo and body wash. So, you can just use mine for these next few days."

"Okay." Lori nods, as she takes her sponge from Lena.

"The white bottle there" Lena says, pointing with one of her fingers, "is for your hair, and that clear bottle there, is for your body. Okay?"

"Yeah. Okay." Lori nods, "Thank you, Lena."

"You're welcome, darling." Lena says, "I'm going to leave a towel out for you on this toilet seat here. So, once you've finished washing, just get out and dry yourself."

"Yes, I can do that." Lori replies.

Lena grabs a towel and puts it on the closed toilet, before leaving the bathroom. Lena then decides that she might as well head back downstairs, because she guesses that she will have to let Kara know to get Lori out some clothes to wear for the day.

Meanwhile, back downstairs, after Kara told Lena where Lori's sponge is, just as she was walking back to Eliza, her phone rang. Kara looked at her phone and saw it was Alex calling.

"Hey, Alex." Kara answers.

"Hey, Kar." Alex replies, "I am just phoning to let you know that we are leaving National City right now, so we should be there in about 4ish hours."

"Okay." Kara says, "I'll let Eliza know. We're planning to go to the Midvale Christmas festival this evening, if you guys are up for it."

"I thought we might be." Alex replies, "And hopefully we'll all be up for it. We should arrive just after lunch, so we'll have a few hours to relax before going out."

"Yeah, okay." Kara says, "So, I guess I'll see you soon."

"Yeah, bye sis." Alex says.

"Bye." Kara replies, and then ends the phone call.

Once the call ends, Kara turns and looks at Eliza.

"That was Alex, she said they are leaving right now, so should be here just after lunch." Kara explains.

"Okay." Eliza nods, "It's good they are leaving nice and early."

"Yeah." Kara agrees.

Lena then walks into the room.

"Kara, I've got Lori sorted out in the shower. So, I guess you just need to pick out what clothes she's going to wear." Lena says.

"Right, sure." Kara nods.

Kara and Lena then both head upstairs, where Kara picks out the clothes that she and Lori are going to wear for the day, with Lena doing the same for herself. Lena does think about changing into the clothes, but she decides that she might as well take a shower, although only after Kara has hers. So, while Kara and Lena wait for Lori to get out, they chat for a little while. However, after a few minutes, the two girlfriends are interrupted by Lori coming running into their bedroom.

"I'm finished." Lori announces, with a towel mostly wrapped around her body, while her hair is still wet, but not dripping.

Kara and Lena both chuckle.

"Yes, you are." Kara smiles, "I've picked out some clothes for you, here."

"Okay. Thank you, mommy." Lori smiles, happily.

"You get changed, and I'm just going to get in the shower myself. Lena can help you if you have any issues." Kara says.

"Okay." Lori nods.

Kara then exits the bedroom, going into the bathroom for her shower, leaving Lena and Lori alone.

"Lena?" Lori says.

"Yes, darling?" Lena replies.

"I smell like you!" Lori says, with a big smile.

***************************

If you would like to see some of my other content, check out these links: https://linktr.ee/Rstories

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.9K 671 10
Kara Danvers is a 19-year-old college student in National City, studying journalism, and she has just moved from her hometown and adopted family. Her...
5.8K 149 27
After Kara reveal her identity as Supergirl (on season 6), the reporter tries to get used her new life without secrets and her insecure to face the c...
15.2K 593 10
Kara lands herself a new job as caretaker for the Luthor's. She's to take care of their youngest daughter Lena, who's been forced to move back in wit...
185K 5.7K 16
After a late night visit to LCorp Kara-as Supergirl- ends up spending the night with Lena. Lena finds out that Supergirl has a habit of talking in he...