Alienus

Por KrazyObsession

No one expected that it would happen until it did. Earth was dying. We, the few who survived the diseas... Más

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Eight

Chapter Nine

30.8K 1.4K 637
Por KrazyObsession

An alarm at six woke me up. I blinked, my vision bleary and brain sleep-addled, having not remembered setting an alarm.

"You were instructed to be ready at seven. My calculations estimate that an hour would be perfect for you to complete your morning tasks." The computer in my room said when I told it that I hadn't set an alarm.

I let out a small laugh, "Thank you," I said, shaking my head and scooting out of the bed. Yawning, I stretched.

Then I looked around and suddenly everything came crashing down on me.

Just yesterday, this time, I was on Earth.

Stop thinking of Earth, she's in your past.

Easier said than done, I thought letting out a breath.

I pulled my hair back into a messy bun with a hair tie I fished out of my small bag. Then, I walked to the restroom and stilled.

My cleaners. They were in the restrooms in the Common Cabin. How will I brush my teeth?

I walked back to my desk and picked up my device.

How am I supposed to brush my teeth? I sent to Kylee.

When I didn't get a reply immediately, I went to the restroom and the screen for my bracelet appeared. As soon as the screen identified me, the data pad blinked on and informed me I had ten minutes to bathe.

"Yes, I remember." I muttered, my voice low.

Ten minutes later, I had finished everything I needed to do, and my muscles were relaxed from the warm water that had soothed my back. My clothes I'd put into the compartment like last time.

"You have received a message on your communication device. Would you like me to read it out?" The computerised voice told me as soon as I stepped out.

"Yes, please." I said.

"Kylee says, 'We'll all meet up in the Common Cabin for brushing and breakfast'. Would you like to send a response?" The computer asked me and I declined.

I walked to the hidden compartment that was in the walls and held my breath as it opened as soon as I pressed the button.

I let out a long breath as I pulled out a silver bodysuit. I already had on underwear, because there's no way I cannot wear a bra. I have to wear one. I would be what one would consider...top heavy.

I pulled the body suit on by inserting my feet in first, like I would a pant. Then, the suit automatically lifted and started fitting itself to my body. Suddenly the process stopped and I realised that I had to insert my arms into the long sleeves. When I did this, the suit continued to mould itself upto my neck, covering every inch of me, except the middle which was slit to the waist, as if it had a zip that needed to be pulled up. Then the suit adhered the ends of the slit together on its own and I stood with my mouth open.

I looked down at myself and couldn't believe I was wearing something so soft. My arms were covered to the wrists, my neck was covered, my feet was covered to the ankles.

What would I wear on my feet?

Now that one suit was missing from the compartment, I could see the bottom. There was something black and small that was folded and kept on the floor of the compartment.

I frowned and bent to see what it was. I marvelled at the suit's ability to literally move with me. I didn't realise how restricting human clothes could be until I wore this suit.

I pulled the black material out and it looked like..socks.

I sat on the seat and pulled it onto my feet. Then I watched in surprise as the 'socks' fitted itself around my foot and turned...harder. The ends grew and stopped at mid calf. I stared. They looked like...boots. But without seams or discomfort.

Wow.

"What I would do for a mirror now.." I whispered.

The computerised voice immediately spoke up, "Please step towards the wall."

I blinked and followed suit. I rolled my shoulders and neck and marvelled at the comfort and the lack of any restriction.

When I stepped to the wall, I could see my reflection. My jaw dropped. The wall manifested into a mirror that was the length of me.

When I looked at myself, I sighed.

I couldn't wear my underwear. Dammit. Every single line of it showed.

"How do I take the suit off?" I asked and just as I said it the suit started peeling off me.

"The suit is intelligent, Ms. Hills. It constantly records the electrical signals of your skin and reacts to it, increasing or decreasing the temperature accordingly. It can even respond to the commands of your voice."

The suit came off completely and I pulled it off, regretfully removing my underwear as well.

This was so not normal. I've never gone without a bra. Can't afford to.

I sighed and went through the process of putting the suit back on, this time the suit and I worked in sync, and it was over in a few seconds.

My eyes widened as I realised just how rough the underwear I'd been wearing was against the sensitive regions of my skin.

This felt...I sucked in a breath.

It was smooth and perfect and absolutely nothing seemed out of place. I laughed at the way I'd worded that.

I looked at the mirror and removed the hair tie and let my long red hair drop down my shoulders.

I looked...good.

This suit was doing things for me. The suit however, did outline every curve of me and I've never dressed in such a fitting way before.

I shook my head, not sure if I should walk out like this.

The suit held up my...assets well, but it did nothing to hide the fact that they were...big.

I covered my face with my hands, the skin of my face heating up.

Then I looked back up, fished out a brush from my bag and ran it through my hair and split it in the middle at the back, so that it lay against my chest.

There, that...hides things. Considerably.

It was possible that I was uncomfortable because it was a very different type of clothing and I'd never been so conscious of myself like this before.

I let out a breath.

This was as good as things were going to get, I thought.

Then I grabbed my communication device and walked out.

Freesia was standing right outside looking like she was going to knock.

I raised my eyebrows. "Morning." I said with a smile.

"I didn't have your card ID," she said, her expression sheepish.

I handed her my device as I stepped towards her. I noticed that her suit fit her perfectly as well and she looked really pretty. Her hair was still wet and hung loose down her back, pushed back from her face.

She typed in her card ID and her eyebrows raised.

"Conversations with the District Leader?" She asked as she handed me my device back, a smirk lifting her lips.

I rolled my eyes, "I wanted to be taken out of Infant Care." I explained.

She nodded, then stepped back, taking me in. Then she frowned, stepped forward and quickly pushed my hair back.

"Girl, why are you hiding ta ta's like that?" She asked, a frown on her face.

I could feel my face go red. I quickly arranged my hair back in front of me, tucking my bangs behind my ear.

"Though," Freesia said, a contemplative look on her face, "The colour of your hair and the way it plays hides and seek with your boobs...it works."

I let out a breath in defeat, "It's not supposed to work, at least not in the way you're thinking." I said, disgruntled.

She just laughed, and shook her head. "Let's go. I'm starving and my breath smells like a cemetery."

"How do you know how a cemetery smells?" I asked.

She tosses me a looks, "Fine a mortuary, then."

"How do you know how a mortuary smells?" I asked again.

"It has to do with dead bodies. It can't possibly smell good." She said, finally.

I shook my head with a snicker and followed her to the elevator. I then realised that some of the other girls in the corridor had also left their rooms and came to join us.

We smile at each other, some shy, some bold.

When we stepped into the Common Cabin, Freesia and I immediately headed towards the restrooms to clean our teeth.

"I could have killed people with my breath. I have a super power called Death Breath." Freesia said to me as we walked away from our stalls after we were done brushing.

I laughed, "Your pretty face makes up for it." I said, truthfully.

Freesia threw me a sly look, "I knew you were checking me out."

I held my hands up, my device still clutched in my right, "Guilty as charged."

"I think there's a pocket we can keep these in," Freesia said, talking about our devices, since hers was clutched in her hand too.

I raised my eyebrows, "With how moulded this suit is to me, I don't think there's space for even paper." I muttered.

She wagged a finger at me, "Don't underestimate the sneakiness of the C'Riel." She said.

My brows furrowed, "You speak like you know about them," I said, as I watched her pat herself down in search of a possible pocket.

She flicked a look at me, "I know little." She said.

Then, she looked up, her face wandering around. She suddenly pointed, "That girl has her device attached at her hip."

She then took her device and slapped it, screen facing away, against her hip.

A small click sounded, and two strips of silver crossed across the device and locked it to the suit.

She wiggled her eyebrows at me, "Told you."

I pressed mine against my hip as well, and watched as the same thing happened.

Cool, I thought, getting excited.

"Let's have breakfast, before these other Demons eat all our food." She said, rushing towards the food stall.

I shook my head at her, following, a smile on my face.

Like last time, she chose our bowls and our food and I didn't mind because she was picking everything I wanted to try. Like last time, there were lots of vegetables, something soft and spongy (bread?), some milk (I gasped when I saw this), fruits and something crunchy looking.

"Is that chips?" I whispered to Freesia.

Her nose wrinkled, "Probably a healthier version."

"I want some." I said.

She threw me a look, before dumping some into my bowl.

A whistle sounded behind us and we turned, simultaneously. When Freesia saw who it was, she rolled her eyes and got back to loading food.

I just raised at eyebrow at Wolf, daring him to say something. His eyes skated past my eyes and dropped down and went lower.

He whistled again, "You should dress more like this Red," he told me.

I snapped my fingers in front of his face, to get his attention back to my face, "And you shouldn't," I told him, "Things look much..." I let my eyes trail down him, "Smaller this way." I finished.

Wolf laughed; the laugh of someone who was very aware of how attractive they were. And he was attractive. With his grey eyes and dark hair and tall, built frame. The suit accentuated every muscle on him and it was doing him good. And I was talking off my hat about the 'small' thing.

I may be uncomfortable about myself on the inside, but I could hold my own when it came to things like this. I was a red head a reason. I had a temper.

"Hey, at least you checked me out." Wolf said.

Freesia placed the bowls on the counter in front of her and tapped me on the butt.

"You can't check him and me out, okay?" She told me, her eyes lighting up in mock-anger.

I grinned and when I turned to look at Wolf, his eyes were glazed over.

"Can we just act that you are attracted to her? A few minutes of it and I'll be good." He said.

Freesia and I wrinkled our noses at him.

"Gross," I told him.

"Keep your creepiness stowed away please." Freesia said to him.

Wolf gave us an innocent look, "What did I say?"

"I wish I could unhear that." I muttered, as I took my bowl from Freesia and we headed towards the sofa that we'd sat on yesterday.

"Aw come on, guys." Wolf said from behind us, jogging to catch up to us.

My eyes clashed with amber and black ones that met mine before leaving them to glare at someone behind me. Some part of me registered how different Rafe's beauty was from Wolf's. Where Wolf used his beauty almost ruthlessly to attract people while interacting with them, Rafe reminded me of a predator, who was unaware of his beauty that lured in prey without him putting in any effort.

I frowned, wondering why my mind came up with the analogy of a predator.

Wolf started to say something but he trailed off mid sentence. I turned to look at him but he was glaring at someone, too.

I looked back at Rafe. Then at Wolf.

They were glaring at each other.

"Red, you should stay away from that guy." Wolf murmured to me.

I blinked then looked at Rafe who met my eyes, then I looked back at Wolf with raised eyebrows, "Do I look like I'm actively seeking out his company?" I asked, confused as to what Wolf meant.

"Something is up with that alien." Wolf said, as he looked down at me and the harsh lines of his face relaxed.

"Technically," I pointed out, "We are the aliens."

Wolf dropped a hand across my shoulder, and leaned in to whisper, "Just wait till I'm King." He said.

I snorted out a laugh.

"Yeah, good luck with that," I said ducking out of his hold and following Freesia who'd been clueless to all the drama that just happened.

"Play your cards well and I'll let you be my Queen." Wolf said, his voice trailing after me as I walked away from him.

I threw him a look over my shoulder, "I'd overthrow you." I said.

Wolf clutched his heart, his expression morphing into pain that I would've believed had I not known what we'd been talking about, "Ah, my Queen, you wound me."

I turned back, shaking my head at his dramatics.

"Drama queen," I called over my shoulder.

He caught up with me, "Drama King." He corrected.

I rolled my eyes, then looked down at his empty hands.

"Where's your food?" I asked, as I dropped down on the sofa next to Freesia.

Wolf dropped down next to me, stretching his feet out and crossing them at the ankles.

"I've already eaten." He said.

I turned to Freesia and noticed that she was eyeing my chips and I handed her one, she looked at it suspiciously before popping it into her mouth. She made a sound of approval.

"Healthier version." She said, "Just like I guessed."

So she'd tasked chips too. Who was she?

Once we were done eating, we dumped our plates in the same compartment as yesterday.

That's when Anya and Rafe called for our attention. We all gathered around them. Wolf and Freesia were beside me and I saw Kylee on the opposite side, standing close to the same blonde C'Riel I had seen her with yesterday. She wasn't looking my way though, her gaze was trained to the floor and a small smile lifted her lips.

The blonde C'Riel however looked cold and was staring straight ahead at Anya and Rafe.

My brows furrowed as I wondered where Jasmine was.

Nursery maybe?

"You will be shown your Education Centres where you can meet your Educators. You may choose your subjects and your Educators. Your education will take place for six hours from Day One to Day Six and at five every evening on these days, you will be directed by your devices to assemble at your respective work stations. Day Seven, Eight and Nine have altered working schedules that will be updated to your card." Anya told us.

I wondered what the C'Riel did for recreation when movement caught my periphery. I noticed Wolf shift from one foot to the other by my side. The action started making me feel restless and I nudged him. He threw me a raised eyebrow and I pressed a hand to his arm, stilling him. He threw me a choir boy smile and I shook my head at his antics. When I looked back in front of me, Anya's eyes were trained on me.

I met them back, my gaze rivalling the challenge in hers. As if she realised what she was doing, her expression cleared and she smiled at us.

My eyes narrowed at little, before shifting to Rafe. His eyes were on where my hand was on Wolf's arm, and I realised I still had it there. I dropped it and Rafe's gaze shifted away.

What was going on?

"Is there anything you would like to clarify?" Anya asked.

"What's your name?" A brave girl towards my left asked, her gaze directed at Rafe.

Anya's smile slipped a little, before settling again. If I weren't looking at her, I wouldn't have caught it.

What was the story between Rafe and Anya?

Anya dropped her arm, inconspicuously so that her hand brushed the back of Rafe's. He didn't react or acknowledged the gesture.

But he didn't cringe away from it either. What does this mean?

Why do you care?

I'm just curious.

Rafe's head tilted and his eyes shifted to me, his eyebrows raising ever so lightly.

Somehow I was able to read the question in his eyes, Can I tell them?

I nodded a slow yes.

His gaze shifted back to the girl and he threw her a lazy smile, I noticed the colour on the girl's face darken in awareness.

Predator.

I shook my head from the thought that slipped into my head unbidden.

"You can not pronounce my name," he said and the girl's expression soured, "But..." He trailed.

He now has everyone's attention, as if a spotlight had been trained on him.

"Someone I know," his eyes slid to mine for a second before flitting back to the girl, "Calls me Rafe."

The girl smiled in obvious pleasure that he answered her question.

I could feel both Wolf's and Freesia's eyes trained on me. I refused to look at either of them.

"Did you know Raphael is the name of one of God's Angels?" The girl said quickly as if she was scared she would lose his attention.

Rafe looked at the girl, his expression unreadable.

"No, I did not know that." He said, then looked away and she was dismissed.

All of us turned away to head towards the exit, but not before I met Rafe's eyes.

I didn't know what I saw in them, and I didn't stick around to find out.

We all assembled down at the main entrance of the building and waited for either Anya or Rafe to press their hands to the blinking data pad to let us out.

Anya was the one to do it.

I couldn't see Rafe and I wasn't going to look for him.

I didn't know what that girl meant by pulling in the whole 'Angel of God' thing and I didn't know what he would think of it.

I followed everyone as they waited to be taken by a Hover to the Educational Centre.

Five Hovers waited and I walked to the last one, Wolf and Freesia silently following me.

Then I remembered, Kylee and turned around.

"What's wrong?" Freesia asked.

"Kylee..." I trailed off, searching for her, then I looked at Wolf and Freesia, "I'll be right back."

They nodded and headed towards the Hover. I went in the opposite direction in search of Kylee. When I finally caught sight of her, she had already got into a Hover with the blonde C'Riel and she looked comfortable. I contemplated on whether I should call her to our Hover, when a familiar voice sounded behind me.

"You should stay away from him."

I turned to meet Rafe's eyes, which was hard, given how tall he was. I was going to develop a kink in my neck.

"Who?" I asked, confused.

"Reid." Rafe told me.

Oh, Wolf.

I threw Rafe a look, "Funny, he said the same thing about you."

Rafe tilted his head to the side as if he was thinking about that.

Then he looked at me, his eyes sucking in my attention, his inky hair curling around his ears.

"You should listen to him." Rafe finally said, before walking away.

_________________________________________________________

Yay! Another chapter! Whatcha think? Excuse the typos <3 ^_~ have a nice day! Where ever you are!

Until next time, gummy bears.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

1.2K 172 18
Hello there, remember me? The girl who faced probably every catastrophe ever to happen; I mean if I lost my sanity I have a perfect excuse. Probably...
2.2K 45 19
THIS BOOK IS COMPLETE! Book 1 in the Unwanted series ~SYNOPSIS ~ His blue eyes the most electrifying yet cold blue i have seen .Black curly hair my...
154K 9.9K 44
Amazing Cover by ONYXVIXEN I remember the day they came. Our tiny uneventful town lit up with the sounds of gun fire and chaos. It was a massacre tha...
13.3K 924 79
Completed! ***Book One of the Humans Are Weird Trilogy*** #1 in sci-fi romance June 2021 Humans think other humans are weird: my weird obsession, my...