[BL] The Darling Villain

By CoolCool-Aid

Lucilline Rubius, the third son of Duke Rubius has always been content with his daily life. However, after ru... More

【CHARACTERS】
Chapter 1. Who is Lucilline Rubius
Chapter 2. The Most Evil of Them All
Chapter 3. Wake Up to a Splash of Water
Chapter 4. The Heroine and Male Lead
Chapter 5. For the Sake of Justice
Chapter 6. A Flash of Silver in the Night
Chapter 7. This World is Fictional
Chapter 8. What About Him is a Villain?
Chapter 9. You're Definitely a Good Person
Chapter 10. Shopping as Friends
Chapter 11. Like He Could Strangle Him to Death
Chapter 12. Kill and Manipulate
Chapter 13. Chocolate Mousse Cake
Chapter 14. This Master is Skilled in All Aspects
Chapter 15. Ghost Hunting
Chapter 16. The Second Male Lead
Chapter 17. The Prettiest Flower of Them All
Chapter 18. I Want to Become a Knight
Chapter 19. I Can Teach You
Chapter 20. Would You Like to Serve Under Me?
Chapter 21. Skinny Little Stick Arms
Chapter 22. What Gave You the Courage to...
Chapter 23. Stitched Shut
Chapter 24. The Hope of All Demons
Chapter 25. Remembrance
Chapter 26. The Crown Prince of Lydia
Chapter 27. Foolish Humans
Chapter 28. This is so Fun!
Chapter 29. Could I Borrow Your Sword?
Chapter 30. You Should Slack Off
Chapter 31. Lucilline Rubius is Ashamed
Chapter 32. What Makeup Do You Use?
Chapter 33. Staff of Curses
Chapter 34. This is the House of Rubius
Chapter 35. Forever an Assassin
Chapter 36. Pervert
Chapter 37. The Demon in His Dreams
Chapter 38. Too Late
Chapter 39. Not Only a Prince in Title
Chapter 40. Stolen Heart
Chapter 41. Holy Father
Chapter 42. The Right Moment
Chapter 43. What Kind of Sorcery is This?
Chapter 44. Into Battle
Chapter 45. Red
Chapter 46. How to Train Your Villain
【100K SPECIAL】
Chapter 47. Shoulder
Chapter 48. First Mission
Chapter 49. My Handkerchief
Chapter 50. Three Years
Chapter 51. Farrah Umbra, the Inhuman
Chapter 52. Get Her Memories Back
Chapter 53. Strong Rival!
Chapter 54. Cry
Chapter 55. Change My Fate
Chapter 56. It's Not Like That
Chapter 57. I Can't Flirt
Chapter 58. Dance, For Yourself
Chapter 60. If This Isn't Love, Then What is?
Chapter 61. Kiss on the Lips
Chapter 62. An Adventure
Chapter 63. In the Bushes, a Tiger Hides
Chapter 64. A Girl's Name
Chapter 65. Lunatic, the Exiled Pink Princess
Chapter 66. Lunatic, the Exiled Pink Prince
Chapter 67. Five Dark Glares
【200K SPECIAL】
Chapter 68. Bath!?!
Chapter 69. To the North, Frozen Tower
Chapter 70. Sugarplum
Chapter 71. The Best Liar
Chapter 72. Traitor
Chapter 73. I Love You
Chapter 74. Promise Me, Don't Forget Me
Chapter 75. Always a Villain
Chapter 76. To You, In the Past
Chapter 77. In the Eyes of the Noble
Chapter 78. Touch the Stars, a Bell Rings
Chapter 79. A Cowardly Child
Chapter 80. Reach for the Stars, Jump
Chapter 81. I am Going to Kill Her
Chapter 82. Am I a Demon?
Chapter 83. The Snapping Strand
Chapter 84. Duel
Chapter 85. ONE PUNCH!!!
Chapter 86. Tea? Dress? Party? Fire 👍
Chapter 87. Double Kill!
Chapter 88. He is a Demon
Chapter 89. My Family is Human
Chapter 90. But I Do
Chapter 91. No Point

Chapter 59. A Scar Across the Back

1.4K 118 31
By CoolCool-Aid

That night, Augustine had experienced an utter nightmare.

Ballroom dancing was horrible! Lucilline Rubius did not let him off easy just because he's his butler—in fact, his teachings became even more strict and stern! The teaching was not as what Augustine expected. Rather, the butler had been placed through strenuous training the whole night.

The butler wanted to curse the Demon Princess—you did not help! You just made things worse!

Alas, Augustine woke up to the next day with dark bags underneath his eyes.

*****

The sound of water splashing across dishes echoed in a small wooden house.

Daphnne gently utilized a cloth, wiping it across the surfaces of porcelain plates until they become as clean as a swan's snowy feathers. The heroine tied up her chestnut brown hair, her iris blue eyes dim and yet twinkling before the sprinkles of sink water.

She softly hummed an unknown melody, one that was without rhythm or precision. It was purely based off of her current mood.

The morning was bright, yet the clouds piling on the surface made it difficult to remain cheerful.

The small house was permeated in a warm embrace, noticeable by the drifting scent of sweet floral.

All of a sudden, the door was swept open!

"...what made you come back?" Daphnne's eyes widened.

A handsome figure of pale skin and white hair had stepped inside, the strands long enough to touch his shoulders. Azalea brushed his head of white aside, his good-looking and sharp chin akin to a beautiful blanket of snow. He was dressed in a pure white trench coat, with a purple scarf wrapped around his swan-like neck.

The young knight smiled gently.

"I was given an invitation to Grand Duke Delta's birthday banquet," Azalea hummed, "I am going to be a guard for His Royal Highness the Crown Prince..."

Daphnne applauded him, "That's amazing!"

Her eyes were soft with a bright light. To think that Azalea's childhood dreams of becoming a knight... is finally coming true.

"Oh," the heroine suddenly turned puzzled, "Then why did you come here? Shouldn't you still be at the Royal Knights' quarters?"

She and Azalea shared the same small house to live in, but barely interacted with one another. Daphnne was always busy with her small herbal shop, meanwhile Azalea was always outside busy with his knightly duties. They paid for all their expenses together—and that was it.

Often times, Daphnne would sigh at this situation.

They were friends who barely talked with one another. They lived together—but the small house felt empty despite having two people inside.

Daphnne was convinced that if they were never raised in the same orphanage... then they would have never become friends.

"Well," Azalea muffled his voice in his scarf, "The Grand Duke's birthday banquet is coming in less than a week. I wish to shower right now then train afterwards."

"...shower?" Daphnne's mouth twitched.

Before Lucilline's return back to the Capital City a couple days ago, Azalea rarely ever returned to this small house. Less alone shower in this small house, he didn't even eat here! He rejected all of Daphnne's invitations for dinner, but none worked.

The heroine could only sigh helplessly, and hoped that he ate well at the Royal Knights' quarters.

"This house does indeed have a bath tub," Daphnne felt irked, "But I remember that there is also one in the Royal Knights' quarters."

Azalea arched an eyebrow, as if wondering why she was acting weird.

"Isn't it obvious? I don't want to expose my precious body to those brutes," Azalea jokingly spoke, a smile raised on his lips. "The shower there is public, and every knight is gathered at an aisle to shower together. I really can't stand it!"

Daphnne felt something inside herself die.

She sighed. Back in the orphanage, you and the other kids would shower together all the time. Now you're complaining about showering with a bunch of Knights?

But then she felt something click.

Could it be that...

The heroine raised her suspicious eyes to look at the white-haired young man. Did Az finally realize his own sexuality? Is that why he can't stand to shower with his comrades?

Fufufu... Daphnne giggled to herself.

"I understand!" Daphnne heartily laughed, "You want to reserve your precious body for only Lucilline to see! I know I know!" She wiped a plate and set it aside.

Contrary, Azalea's face had a slash of blush whipped across his cheeks!

His white earlobes had burned in crimson red, while the young knight was shaken from top to bottom. He rushed to say something, "I-It's not like that... I don't want to show my body to Lucy... it's not like that at all! I just didn't want to shower at the quarters—"

"Go upstairs. There is some warm water prepared already." Daphnne didn't bother to listen, wiping a plate and setting it aside.

Azalea realized that his childhood friend would not listen.

He could only sigh and rush upstairs, his figure disappearing behind the corridor.

Daphnne merely giggled to herself. As expected. Az is only more talkative when it comes to Lucilline. She felt proud of her discovery. Maybe I should tell Willow about this.

The sound of running water had permeated upstairs.

Azalea locked the door behind him, watching the warm water pour into the bath tub. Hovering steam suffused in the air, warming his cheeks into a small blush.

He leaned against the door, feeling his heart lodged in his throat. "...how is Daphnne so accurate about me all the time...?"

The young knight sighed. He slipped down his suit, the clothing gently folded into one square. His shirt was stripped off, draping it across the folded suit.

Azalea's skin was pale, resembling beautiful pearls cleansed within sweeping waves. His lean arms and legs were made of fine muscles, while his torso had also grown. His abdomen was built to reveal a fine pack, yet his skin pale as a ghost.

"Sss..." The young knight suddenly hissed.

His amethyst purple eyes darkened, while his hands reached to touch his back.

Slashed across his back was a long wound, reaching from one to the other side of a spine. It scarred a hideous red, yet the injury seemed to have scabbed over. The wound contrasted against his snowy skin, like the blood of fallen enemies splattered across the crestfallen snow on a battlefield.

Azalea frowned, his brows furrowed.

A few seconds passed.

His frown had smoothened out, a small smile plastered over. "It's good. It's all good." He closed his eyes, something meaningful within distinguished. "I must rid of all that's evil."

*****

At last, it was the day of Grand Duke Delta's birthday.

The mansion was made of a beautiful white marble stone, braids of flowers tied between each blinding lantern. Carriages decorated of gold and nobility white had driven on the cobblestone path, entering the great golden gate of the mansion.

It was nighttime—the crestfallen moon lonely amidst the dark sky.

"I'm so nervous... this is the first time I'm meeting the Delta House." A meek noblewoman had ushered her voice. "What if I am not to Grand Duke Delta's liking?"

Beside her, a young nobleman scoffed, "Please, it's not like you're getting married off to his son."

The meek noblewoman huffed, clearly offended.

"This is the first time I'm attending a banquet of such size!" She clasped her two gloved hands together, wrinkles placating over them. "Besides, I've heard that the three Grand Duke Houses will be gathering here! Leinhart... Delta... and Rubius... I'm getting nervous just from thinking of this!"

The same conversation was occurring in every carriage at the moment—

Other than the Rubius' carriage, of course.

"Lucy, big sister looks extra beautiful today, right?"

"Lucy, big brother looks especially handsome today, right?"

"Tch—I asked him first, you rat!"

"Shut up, you madwoman! Lucy cares about me more!"

"You two..." Lucilline adjusted the tie around his collar. He desperately needed some fresh air... and some space away from his two elder siblings.

His brows furrowed in contemplation.

If only Willow was here... she would be able to make those two children behave.

Except, only Augustine accompanied them in the carriage. Willow was left behind back in Duke Rubius' manor to look after the Grand Duke.

"Lucy, watch me teach this rat some manners!" Scarletta pursed her lips, which were coated in a thin layer of rouge. "I have long had enough of his rudeness!"

"You are one to talk." Zephyratt fought back.

The two siblings caught one another in a brawl. They tackled each other to the floor of the carriage, squirming and crawling like bugs.

Meanwhile, the coachman: ???

He paused, then shrugged. How come I just felt the carriage shake?

"Enough." A fist slammed harshly onto a nearby table.

The two mahogany-haired siblings froze on the ground, their silver eyes focused on a benevolent figure caught within sight.

Lucilline wore an irked expression; a vein popped out of his forehead. His locks of silky black hair was tied in a long high ponytail, falling down his slender back like a waterfall of ink. His bangs was brushed back to reveal a forehead of prominent pale skin, smooth like jade. A few strands of his fringe had fallen down, gently tapping the surface of his eyelashes.

He was dressed in a silhouette black waistcoat, outlining his slender waist and thin shoulders. On the waistcoat, a few golden buttons were sewn, alongside with a string of golden beads. His white shirt beneath had been ironed into a smooth surface, the collar was tugged open to release hints of tender skin.

A Victorian trench coat had layered above his other shirts, the soft fabric reaching down to his knees. His pants were tight, showing off the contours of his thin and long legs.

"Behave!" Lucilline frowned. He raised his chin, revealing a pair of cold golden eyes.

However, to his older siblings, this act of anger was like a feather tickling their heart.

Scarletta clenched her chest, "...I can't."

Zephyratt cupped his own cheeks, "...Lucy is too cute."

Somehow, Lucilline's act of anger did have some use. The two elder Rubius siblings quickly returned to their seats, both focusing their eyes on the cold expression of their younger brother.

Lucilline's eyes thinned, shining a sharp glare. "What are you looking at?"

Scarletta and Zephyratt: ...nothing. It's just that we want to look more.

Seated beside his Young Master, Augustine had secretly laughed in his own mind. The act that Lucilline put on was in fact pretty cute—like a soft kitten pretending to bare fangs.

Finally, the carriage arrived at the Duke Delta mansion.

Augustine helped each of the Rubius siblings down the carriage. He lent a hand to Lucilline, who gladly placed a hand unto it when stepping down.

The Rubius household was welcomed warmly.

The servants of House Delta came outside, greeting them. "Come inside, honoured guests! Grand Duke Delta is awaiting for your arrival!"

Inside of the manor, every wall was painted in beige white. The floors were polished in vanilla marble stone, shining a sharp glimmer. Flowers and bouquets were decorated all around, watered well and brimming with a rich greenery.

Before the entrance was an emptied floor.

There was a total of around 100 noble families. The people of nobility were gathered at the emptied floor, each raising a glass of mellow red wine. They were all dressed in extravagant attires, reflecting their rich and wealthy upbringings.

"Oh, if it isn't House Rubius?" A languid old voice sounded from above.

On top of the staircase was Grand Duke Delta, who was seated on an armchair embellished in golden engravings and refined of the best silk.

The old man had aged, but his appearance still contained a tint of youth.

Grand Duke Delta rubbed the stubble on his lower chin, his eyes sunken and yet bright. He laughed, "I've been waiting for you..." Suddenly, his voice falls. "...where is Anderson?"

At the same time, all the voices of the noblemen and women had fallen silent.

The manor seemed to freeze.

Indeed, only the three of House Rubius arrived. There was Scarletta Rubius; the most fearful soldier in Lydia Kingdom. She wore a v-neck dress, exposing her fair neck and collarbones to the atmosphere. The frills at the hem of the dress were of scarlet red fabric, while the main layer of the dress was sewn with mahogany red silk.

Zephyratt Rubius was also there was well; as the heir to House Rubius, nobody dared to mess with him. Or rather, they couldn't mess with him even if they wanted to. This fair nobleman contained too many tricks up his sleeve once it came to business. He was dressed in a mahogany red suit, matching the colour of his elder sister's dress.

Lucilline Rubius was the last of the three; despite being young, his beauty often allowed him to take advantage of many problems.

Stepping onto the emptied floor, his fair skin and slender limbs caught the attention of all nobility. The crowd couldn't peel their eyes away from him—this was the Third Young Master of House Rubius. As expected, no children of Grand Duke Rubius was ordinary.

"...Anderson?" Zephyratt arched an eyebrow, "Oh, you mean Father."

He bowed, showing respect to Grand Duke Delta, "I apologize, Grand Duke Delta. Father is also very upset at the turn of events, but he is not able to attend your birthday."

A loud bang stormed in the manor.

Grand Duke Delta slammed his fist down on the armrest of his chair, his chest heaving from anger. "I clearly stated on the invitation letter that the Grand Duke of House Rubius must attend? He doesn't need to attend for the entire banquet. He can just arrive for a mere minute then leave—if he is so busy. Why must he disrespect my wishes and just not attend?"

It was so quiet in the manor that even a pin drop could be heard.

Zephyratt shook his head, but still remained bowing.

He clasped a hand on his chest, "It is for reasons that cannot be said. However, Father explains it in more detail in this note." The Rubius heir took out a slip of paper, alongside with a small box—small to only fit a few grains of rice.

Grand Duke Delta could only force himself to calm down.

He extended out a hand, "Give it here."

Zephyratt went up the staircase—a thousand pair of eyes sticking to his body. They keenly watched his every move, as the note and small box was finally delivered to the old man's hands.

Grand Duke Delta then opened up the note. As he continued reading on and on... his eyes had become greatly alarmed!

"What... this is...!"

"That's right, Grand Duke Delta." Zephyratt got up from his bow. He smiled, "The new Grand Duke of House Rubius is right in front of you."

Grand Duke Delta looked at the note again.

It was a confirmation letter of... Zephyratt inheriting the legacy of Grand Duke Rubius!

"You..." the old man coughed, "You're inheriting the title of Grand Duke?"

As expected, a great rush of gasps had exploded in the manor. All the noblemen and noblewomen were shocked speechless. Such a massive news was revealed at the birthday banquet! Was this something they were supposed to hear before revealed officially to the public?

Grand Duke Delta tucked the confirmation letter away. He then opened up the small box, revealing a silver bracelet.

A small smile could be seen in his eyes.

Alas, Grand Duke Delta slipped the small box in his back pocket. Whatever he felt from the silver bracelet... perhaps only Anderson Rubius would know.

"I understand." A heavy sigh fell from Grand Duke Delta's mouth, "Go back now, it doesn't matter anymore. I suppose I could forgive Anderson."

Everyone in the manor had breathed a sigh of relief.

They would hate it if Grand Duke Delta had a fit of anger during his birthday banquet.

"The ceremony for my inheritance will be scheduled soon," Zephyratt raised his eyes, those silver irises falling upon the old man, "I hope for great cooperations between House Delta and Rubius."

The old man coughed lowly, a smile rising from his lips. "Likewise."

Zephyratt returned to standing next to his family.

Lucilline's eyes had fallen on his older brother. Now that he thought about it, Zephyratt has always been his reliable sibling. No matter what problem he'd fallen into, his older brother would always find a way to climb back up—through shameless methods or heartfelt schemes.

A small chuckle fell on the black-haired nobleman's lips.

Grand Duke Delta began announcing his speech. He thanked all the noble individuals and families for attending his birthday banquet.

Everyone raised a cup of red wine (except for those underage).

"May prosperity be granted to all individuals in Lydia Kingdom!" A chorus of loud voices had boomed, everyone downing their glasses of wine.

Scarletta had snatched Lucilline's glass, downing it for him.

At last, the dancing and celebration begun!

*****

"Hahh..." Lucilline sighed, his still and calm expression cracking into a fatigued one. "There are so many people asking me for a dance."

Augustine chuckled by his side.

The butler remembered how his Young Master appeared after each new woman stepped up to him. The black-haired nobleman pursed his lips; clearly wishing to decline, but sucked it up and went for another round of ballroom dance.

An orchestra of musicians played, their fingers sliding down their string instruments' fingerboard.

Dresses swayed to the swing of the rhythm, and steps strode in sync with one another.

"You worked hard." Augustine's silver eyes melted, like ripples bouncing in liquid mercury. I can't help but be jealous of all who danced with you though. What is exactly wrong with me?

Lucilline merely nodded off.

All of a sudden, an outstretched hand had fallen before his eyes.

Again? Lucilline pursed his lips, ready for another round of suffering—

"It's me," a charming voice sounded. Percival smiled, his chestnut brown hair tied back in a long ponytail to drape across a narrow shoulder. The brown-haired nobleman was dressed in an extravagant white suit, his long legs and smooth voice resembling pure porcelain.

Lucilline was at a loss for words.

He could really understand the beauty aesthetic that Percival contained. Those long legs... any men would be envious to have them!

"How are you doing so far?" Percival smiled, revealing his rows of white teeth.

Lucilline wore a helpless smile. "It was an experience."

"Shall we talk more upstairs?" The heir of Delta House had lent a hand. Reciprocating the gesture, Lucilline plopped his own hand on top.

The contact of skin against skin had stunned Percival.

"...of course." Lucilline smiled.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

466K 26.1K 60
[BOOK 1] Not Edited - For the edited version see my bio Aquilam and Ignis, two clans fighting each other for more than a thousand years now. A pl...
150K 11.4K 39
The story of your sexual capitulation told by the bloodthirsty supervillain who discovered your secret identity, ruined every chance of you maintaini...
12.2K 545 30
Haru, whose life is marked by misfortunes and disappointed hopes, is struck by an unexpected twist of fate. Just when he believed all hope was lost...
23.5K 1.1K 35
This is really old and bad, IDK why y'all like it so much Rated M for graphic violence and strong language Also, this story is currently under constr...