For Worse or For Better- Book...

By anyawritezzz

Marriage. Displayed to be the most perfect thing, but can have its faults at times. Roman and Alaiya seem to... More

❗️Please Read❗️
Chapter 1: For Worse
Chapter 2: Cabin
Chapter 3: Bathing Suit
Chapter 4: Hot Tub
Chapter 5: First Date
Chapter 6: Present
Chapter 7: Phone
Chapter 8: Confrontation
Chapter 9: Family
Chapter 10: Bracelet
Chapter 11: Hug
Chapter 12: Party
Chapter 13: Hungover
Chapter 14: Moving
Chapter 15: Car
Chapter 16: Confession
Chapter 17: Marks
Chapter 18: Yoga
Chapter 19: Pool
Chapter 20: Middle Name
Chapter 21: Mission
Chapter 22: Door
Chapter 23: Ignoring
Chapter 24: Staying
Chapter 25: Time Apart
Chapter 26: Packing
Chapter 27: Sleep
Chapter 28: New Guy
Chapter 29: Trip
Chapter 30: Birthday
Chapter 31: Secret
Chapter 32: Panic
Chapter 33: Regret
Chapter 35: Wrist
Chapter 36: Alone
Chapter 37: Boxing
Chapter 38: Fight
Chapter 39: Therapist
Chapter 40: Overworking
Chapter 41: Text
Chapter 42: Past
Chapter 43: Christmas
Chapter 44: Hair
Chapter 45: Doorstep
Chapter 46: Gremlins
Chapter 47: Cruise
Chapter 48: Blanket

Chapter 34: News

617 13 0
By anyawritezzz

Alaiya's POV:

A few weeks after Roman's birthday, we all decided that we needed to get out of the house together.

Iris and Legend wanted to treat all of us so they took us to this very high-end steak restaurant where people quite literally look like princesses and princes.

I decided to wear a beige, but on the lighter side dress which has tight sleeves that come up to my wrists. The front of it almost looks like a strapless dress if the sleeves weren't there as it reaches down to the middle of my thighs, basically a wrap dress. I matched it off with black heels because they're the best ones I had and they went well with the outfit, and I also left my curls natural which Autumn called pretty a good twenty times, and Aubrey had the opportunity to pull another thirty. Dayton almost threw up on me, but thankfully, he just ended up crying because of the throwing-up scare even though nothing happened. And can you guess where Roman's hand has been resting since I put this dress on? Or actually, since we had our first-ever kiss?

"That lady over there had to have been around when cars were invented," Ivy declares, ushering to the woman who kind of does look like she's been around for a while, but also a little mean by the way she's glaring over at us I think because of our big group. "Tell me her name isn't Hagrid."

"She seems sweet," Eldon tries to defend the old woman.

"You find the good in too many people." Ivy shakes her head at her husband disapprovingly as Eldon pulls out her chair, along with Violets.

We all take a seat, everyone sitting with their kids, husbands, or wives. The older kids are sitting at another table like Ava, Finn, Lilly, Ellie, Aria, Autumn, Hope, and Violet. It's their favorite part about going out because I think they talk crap about everyone secretly.

Rider gasps. "Roman, look! It's your twin." He ushers towards a TV which is currently showing a tower in I'm guessing New York, the height probably being around a thousand feet. "Get it, because you're built like the Empire State Building." His laughter makes it even funnier, as does his explanation.

Roman rolls his eyes at him, looking back at the screen.

"Oh look, there's your twin." This time, Roman speaks about a dog that's just minding its business while walking down the street. "Get it, because you're a bitch."

Rider glares at him. "At least I'm not the one who Alaiya has to pet down."

Oh boy.

"Hey, those dog jokes were made exclusively for Eldon," Sanchez defends his creation of the joke.

Eldon's glare immediately appears.

"Skyler, how did he do without his perm appointments? Was he twitching at all...?" Eldon asks with fake concern towards Skyler who is watching this like an action movie with all of us.

"At least he doesn't wear colored contacts like Legend." And, Legend's somehow involved thanks to Rider.

"No, I don't."

"Really?!" Rider's now shocked. "Wait, are colored eyes passed down from the mom or dad's side?"

"Why the fuck are you looking at me?" Roman responds in frustration.

"I guess Alaiya only married you for your looks and not your brain." Rider shakes his head with a sigh. "Also, the dog jokes aren't just for Eldon. We can't forget about his wife." Rider gives a big ole grin to Ivy who was looking at the menu to see what she wanted.

Eldon's foot kicks Rider simultaneously from underneath the table when he sees Ivy about to go off. Rider ow's in pain as Eldon is giving him a look that says 'I told you to stop'.

"Hi, what can I get started for you today?" The waitress walks up to us, hopefully not noticing the fact that all of the guys were just arguing about something so minor.

Everyone orders, although, I notice something weird happening.

The waiter's eyes are locked on Eldon who is literally only paying attention to the menu to see what his wife and daughter would enjoy or Ivy. Although, that isn't stopping the girl.

Ivy isn't the type of person to hate on women, especially over a man. She is a firm believer that women were made to be ten times better than men...except if that woman is seeing that there is a ring on her husband's finger which is resting on the table, a woman is sitting right beside him who also has a ring on her finger, and the man is paying no attention to her.

Then she gets protective over what's hers, though it's subtle.

I see Eldon looking over at Ivy and noticing her trying her best to be respectful to the girl who keeps getting distracted due to her eyes wandering back to Eldon. He notices the way Ivy's eyes keep glancing back at the waitress and then to everyone else when they order, and then back again when there would be a pause.

Eldon decides to lean over and whisper something in Ivy's ear, and right after, I see Eldon grab her hand and bring it to his lips where her ring is, kissing it. Then he puts his arm around her back, whispering to her some more before they get lost in a conversation. Ivy's smile that appears because of his reassurance brings joy to me immediately, the worry about the waitress dissolving from her expression.

My Kaivy heart just erupted.

~~~~

Dinner goes by pretty well.

The food was amazing. The kids were very well-behaved. I only had to get up a few times and that was to change Aubrey's diaper and help Autumn a little with her food. Roman fed Dayton who found a lot of entertainment in Josephine. She talked to him for a while in their own little language.

Iris and Legend tell us that they've already ordered dessert, but they haven't told us what it is yet.

As we're waiting, multiple waiters suddenly come around with little boxes which have a ribbon on top of each one.

"Open them," Iris says, practically bouncing in her seat.

I open my box with everyone else.

A piece of paper with a pacifier is first seen, and when we all turn it around, we see the two words that bring excitement and happiness to all our hearts.

We're Pregnant!

"You're fucking lying!" Ivy's the first one to yell.

"Wait, really?" Ellie; one of Legend and Iris's kids says, her surprise a little suspicious though.

"You told her?" Iris tilts her head at Legend.

"She asked," he defends himself.

"That's true." Ellie shrugs.

"Wait, are you being serious right now?!" Bethane asks as we see the tears gather in Iris's eyes from how happy she is.

"We finally found a good surrogate," Iris laughs, trying not to burst out crying.

All of their kids pounce up and hug both Iris and Legend so tightly that you'd think one of them would tap out, but they don't. Instead, they return the strength and that brings tears to most of our eyes.

Everyone is practically squealing right now as we congratulate them.

Iris can't get pregnant which is why taking care of the kids from her foster home is so important to her, but I also know that she's always wanted to feel the journey of pregnancy and Legend promised her that he would help her in any way that he can. He made it very clear that even if they didn't end up being able to get pregnant, his family was her and all their kids and that's all he needed.

I'm so happy for them!

"I get to be the fun aunt to another baby!" Skyler exclaims.

"I'll design the best clothes for him or her," Ivy adds.

"I am an all-time available babysitter," Bethane says.

"I'll help you decorate his or her room whenever you want," I, of course, have to speak on that part.

I think this news made not just tonight, but the entire freaking year!

~~~~

We all decided that due to the big news, we should all cozy up with some cookies and watch a movie outside that everyone can enjoy. Since it's Iris and Legend's big day, we let them choose. Well, we gave them the option to choose and Legend chose Enchanted because he knew it's Iris's favorite.

While we're getting settled around the projector, Iris asks me to walk with her alone. She takes me inside the house before she shuts the door behind her.

"I wanted to tell you this a while ago,
but with the pregnancy and everything else happening to you, I just didn't know what was the right time," she starts.

"What are you talking about?" I scrunch my eyebrows.

"I have this director friend and I told her about your book Better for Worse," she explains, surprising me because I never thought that a director would ever end up reading my book. "Alaiya, she loved it and wants to make it into a movie!"

I'm frozen.

I have no words.

Flabbergasted. Is that the word? No, that's too small.

A movie. My book being turned into a whole movie. Like the movies we watch at home, there's a chance that could be my book on our Tv.

"But...but a lot of authors go through this, right? A lot of directors say they want to make something into a movie and never go through with it?" I'm second-guessing myself because this would be the moment to do so.

"I would say yes, but this director doesn't even take a glance at projects that she thinks wouldn't be a good use of her time. Alaiya, she wants me to ask you to come have a meeting with her next week so she can discuss it with you!"

Have you ever felt your heart stop, but also felt it beating in your ears, legs, and every other body part? That would be something I could relate to at the moment.

There's a chance that my book could become a movie? There is a chance that my book could become a movie! Someone slap me awake because there is no way that this is actually happening!

♥ ★ ❦ ✱ ♥

Word Count: 1735

Please tell me if there are any errors.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

851 158 14
"If you're given a chance to choose between love and dream, choose one only if you're sure that you won't regret it." Brianne Stewart, ambitious, sma...
3.9K 172 6
| 18+ | β€’ β€’ β€’ In Ream Johnson's life, work was first on her priority list. Having the title of being Nicole Wells' personal assistant, it came with...
3.1M 131K 59
The story of Abeer Singh Rathore and Chandni Sharma continue.............. when Destiny bond two strangers in holy bond accidentally ❣️ Cover credit...
29.7K 1.1K 40
21 year old Y/n just moved across the street from the Maximoffs. You are successful at a young age working for Stark Space Administration. Wanda is...