In the Middle of the Night (H...

By Hunters_Bitxh

~These burning flames, these crashing waves, wash over my like a hurricane, I captivate, you're hypnotized~ Y... More

- Playlist! -
1. Hug me!
2. Are You Bored Yet?
3. Hidden In the Sand
4. Cotton Candy Skies
5. Teenagers
6. Last Friday Night
7. Mad Hatter
8. We Fell in Love in October
9. High School Sweethearts
10. Fly Me to the Moon
11. Hayloft II
12. Light Switch
13. Homage
14. Despair
15. Solider, Poet, King
16. The Record Player Song
17. Pity Party
18. Sweet Hibiscus Tea
19. Not allowed
20. Pumped up Kicks
21. Backstabber
23. Wolf in Sheep's Clothing
24. My Ordinary Life
25. My Strange Addiction
26. Masquerade
27. Two Birds
28. Mr. Loveman
29. Butterfly's Repose
(Extra) Blow My Brains Out
(Extra 2) Training Wheels
30. Ship in a Bottle
(Extra 3) Careless Whisper

22. Sports

1.5K 41 28
By Hunters_Bitxh

Previously,
"I'm trying to sew in a new one." He laid on my bed. "Alright sound reasonable." I sat down next to him. "I missed you." Hunter mumbled as he hugged my side. I chuckled as I played with his hair.

-Sports-

~I'm tired of waitin', I was never good at sports, save the games for the girls on the tennis court~

I woke up and I immediately realized we were in the castle. Hunter was on the bed sewing with Flapjack and P/n on his shoulders. Flapjack chirped to Hunter. "Yeah. It does look good as new." He put it on front of him and I crawled closer to examine it. "And I have no idea what I'm doing." He concluded. "You could've asked me for help." I sat next to him. He jumped a bit and looked at me. "No thanks, I want to do it on my own." He told me. The door got knocked and Hunter opened it. Two guards gave him a letter and I waved. "Good morning!" I smiled.

"Good morning Lady Y/n." They bowed before Hunter closed the door. Hunter opened the letter and read it silently. "My uncle is off duty and I have to do the meeting." Hunter summed up. "Okay, have a good time. I got to workout with Willow today." I told him and P/n came to me. "Okay, I'll talk to you later." Hunter looked hesitant but gripped the letter. "Alright." I walked over to him and kissed his cheek. "See you later." I teleported home.

~~~~~~

"And 200!" Willow counted. I stopped doing sit-ups and got up. "Finally now lets get them." I helped her up. "I'm ready!" She smiled.

I dried my hair quickly in the bathroom and slipped on my uniform. I put up my hair and put on my earrings. "We could do this, right?" Willow asked me as soon as I got out the bathroom. She was already ready. "Girl, of course you got this." I smiled.

~~~ When they arrived to Hexside ~~~

Willow was dragging me around the school until we saw Luz and Gus running away from a locker. They hid behind us and I drew a circle. Willow wrapped vines around the locker's ankles and I made it go to sleep. "Thanks guys." Luz hugged us. "And that's why we try not to keep our lunches in the lockers." Gus sat on the lockers. "So..." Luz turned to us. "Ready for the club fair?" She asked. "Mayhaps you'll join me, Amity, and Y/n in the Azura Book Club." She held the five books in one hand. "Owie." She dropped them. "Thanks but I'm interested in something with a little more drama, flare, and face paint," Willow told Luz. "I'm so excited to hear the next words out of your mouth," Luz whispered.

"Flyer Derby!" She showed Luz a video. "Ever since our Grudgby match, I've been playing it at home. Today I'm starting Hexside's first Flyer Derby team." She held her staff. "And I'm her co-captain," I added.

Willow, Gus, and I made our stand, and P/n and Willow's bee hung up the final decoration. Willow put flowers around it and I smiled. We waited and I saw an unknown potion classmate running around. I didn't see their face, all I saw was their blonde hair. I saw Viney and she smiled and waved. I saw the same potion mate step on Puddle's tail and Viney tried calming them down. Willow was trying to attract people. "Good luck with that." Professor Hermonculus said.

"Professor Hermonculus?" Willow mumbled. "I'm overseeing club approvals this year and I just don't think Flyer Derby is worth investing in." He told her. "Just because it's not as well-known as Grudgby doesn't mean-" She got cut off. "You misunderstand me. I'm shutting it down unless you step down as captain and get replaced by Y/n. I just don't think quitters make good leaders." He proposed. "No. Willow's been working hard for this." I told the teacher. "Yeah, you're just mad that she dropped your class. Give her a chance." Gus added.

"Okay. Put together a team for a friendly game of Flyer Derby after school." He showed us a picture showing him holding a golden cup. "If you can lead your team to victory, maybe I'll approve your club." He walked away. Willow sighed. "It's okay Willow, we got this!" I cheered. "But Amity and Luz are busy and I don't know where to find enough decent players this fast," Willow told us. "Calm down, flea-magnet." I heard a voice above us. I look up and smiled. How in the world is he everywhere? Puddles snatched Hunter's boot to reveal Hunter's red socks. "Hey!" He shouted. He charged at Puddles and stole his boot back. He flew down and his eyes met mine. He turned pink and left. "Hey, you!" Willow tied him with vines and brought him down. "I got him, Willow." I stood in front of Hunter.

"Do you want to join our Flyer Derby team?" I bent down and smirked.

~~~~~~

"This is Gus and Willow," I told Hunter. "Willow Park, the future captain of the Flyer Derby team." She shook his hand harshly. "Nice to uh meet you." He said. Willow let go of his hand and he held it like it was in pain. "Your flying was amazing," I told him. "Oh, yeah, thanks." He blushed from embarrassment. "You're a new student, right?" Willow asked. "Yeah, weird we've never seen you around." Gus noted. "Oh, I know him," I told them. Flapjack chirped. "Caleb? My name's Caleb uh Jasper Bloodwilliams." Hunter concluded. I turned to him with a confused look.

"Yeah... He transferred from The Knee." I lied. "But I'm not here to play 'Fly Dooby' or whatever that is. I have my own mission." He told us. "Well, take a pamphlet 'Caleb." I handed him one before he left. "Wait." He turned back. "Do you really think your club will attract the best and the brightest?" He asked. "Absolutely!" Willow told him. "Flyer Derby's not for the faint witch."

"Then maybe I will give it a try." Hunter smiled. "Really?" I smiled. "But, okay, how do we evaluate others? A witch's duel? A maze full of traps? Oh! Leave everyone at the top of the mountain and see who makes it back to the bottom alive." He chuckled. "Classic." He added. "He's joking..." I chuckled as I patted his chest. "But no, we aren't but you know what we can do? We can attract people with your perfect flying." I suggested. "Yeah, you have sick sky moves." Willow leaves. "Hmm... I don't feel sick." He mumbled. "It means cool you silly," I informed him before I followed Willow.

~~~~~~

"Students of Hexside, got a Palisman, got a need for thrills, chills, and theatrics? Well, this could be you." Willow pointed to get people's attention in the sky. Hunter did his dramatic entrance and soon everyone was grabbing pamphlets. "Whoo! Go, Caleb!" I cheered. "Man this Caleb guy is great. With him, I think we can really get our Derby team approved." Willow whispered to me. "I know right." I smiled. "Oooo looks like you got the hots for the new guy." She nudged my shoulder.

"I mean, yeah, we are dating, Willow," I told her. "Hey, you can come down, Love!" I shouted. "You are?" Willow smiled. "Yeah let me introduce him real quick." I rushed to Hunter and gave him a big hug. "You did so great!" I told him. He eventually hugged me back and I stepped back. "Thank you." He stared at the floor. "Now allow me to introduce you to our teammates." I showed him the people behind me. "Isn't it cool that I'm a co-captain?" I turned to where Hunter was and he was leaving.

"Hunter?" I ran to him and grabbed his hand. "Where are you going? The field is this way." I chuckled. "Your friend said that you guys would find the best witches for this team. But them? Those three pathetic." Hunter spat. "You don't even know them. Just give them a chance." I insisted. "You know in the Emperor's Coven even chances have to be earned. Especially if you're considered half-a-witch like me." He turned to walk away. "Sorry, princess. Good luck with your match." He turned around. "Oh is Caleb leaving?" Willow asked. "Yeah, he thinks our team is pathetic." I summed up. She frowned and drew a green circle. I turn around and Hunter was gone. "To the field, Y/n." She grabbed my hand and dragged me away.

I got on my staff and I sped up to the field. My staff turned back into an owl and I landed on a flower. "Woo!" I cheered. Gus zipped around and landed next to me. "I thought you couldn't fly?" Hunter was in front of me (because Willow wanted to impress Hunter so everyone was showing him what they can do. Like Viney being a good healer) "So I can't fly like everyone else, but my way's more fun." Gus told him. I ran to Hunter and stood by his side. He was mumbling something and Gus cupped his ear. "What was that?"

"I said it was cool!" He shouted. Willow spawned next to me and Hunter shouted. "Gus is a natural speed demon, Skara's a strategic wizard, Viney's the best healer in school and you know Y/n is one of the strongest witches I know." Willow crossed her arms. "And at one point or another, we've all been misjudged. So still think we're pathetic?" Willow asked. I looked at him and he started blushing while shaking his head. "Don't be embarrassed." I nudged his shoulder. "Good. Let's get our game faces on." Willow decorated her face in green.

~~~~~~

Before the game, Hunter was teaching me how to stand on my staff. The team was coming in 30 minutes or so. "Hunter, don't let me fall," I begged him as held onto his staff. "I promise I won't." He chuckled. I soon let go and tried keeping my balance. I got on it and P/n slowly sped up and I got the hang of it. I started to laugh and as I started to do tricks. I lost my footing and grabbed onto Hunter's staff. "Should we start putting our face paint on?" Hunter proposed. I nodded and we landed. I got the green face paint on my fingers and decorated his face. He did the same. I put a streak down his face and little stars everywhere else. I got a mirror and looked at my face. He put various-sized hearts on my face.

Everyone came to the field and we got started on our plan. Hunter left to do a call. "Love, we're waiting on you!" I yelled. He ran up next to me and kissed my cheek. "That's my good luck charm." He told me. "Thank you." I kissed him back. "Y/n, focus." Viney reminded me. "Oh right right." I stood up properly. "Thanks for asking me to join, guys! I think we're gonna have a-" Jerbo was on the other side. "Jerbo?" Viney looked at him. "Traitor." She made a motion of slitting her throat. "Fun afternoon." Jerbo teared up.

We got ready on our staffs. "All we got to do is fly high and snag some flags." Willow reminded us. Everyone nodded. "Let's see what you can do, Captain." The professor sneered. An abomination blew a whistle and I dashed away. I grabbed Jerbo's flag and handed it to Gus. Gus put two on the poles. "Gus, that was amazing!" Hunter smiled. "Yeah!" I added. Gus smiled. I teleported and grabbed another one and looked back to see everyone else getting the other ones. Willow grabbed two and I teleport to her. I took her flags and stood up. I felt my staff twitch and it turned back into a palisman. They weren't flying tho. Looked like they were sleeping.

"Oops, My hands slipped." The teacher said that told me he did it. I fell as I gave Hunter my flags. I made an abomination that caught me. I sighed as I teleported myself to the sidelines. Hunter managed to get all of them on the poles and landed. He ran to me and bent down to my height. "Are you okay?" He asked me. "I'm fine," I assured him. He picked me up on his back and I wrapped my arms around his neck. I felt a cold liquid cover me and Hunter and everyone cheered.

"May I please have your team name?" The professor asked. "Shoot. We never thought of a name." Willow mumbled. "The Emerald Entrails. You know because we're green, and there's more to us than you think?" He proposed. Everyone started chanting the name and I hugged Hunter's neck. He put me down and I smiled. "Entrails team photo. We're number one!" Willow took out her scroll and I placed a kiss on Hunter's cheek on cue. "I can't believe I almost bailed on you guys." He smiled as he gave Willow her scroll. "Today was amazing. Thanks for giving me another shot." Hunter told us. "Always nice making a new friend. I had an opening for one." Viney snapped as she turned around to look at Jerbo.

"We wouldn't have gotten here without you," Willow told him. "Yeah, I shouldn't have been so suspicious," Gus added. Hunter scoffed. "We can forget all about that when we play next time as a part of the Emperor's Coven." He announced. "The what?" Gus asked. "My name isn't Caleb. It's Hunter. And I'm the Emperor's, right-hand man. The Golden Gaurd." Hunter confessed. "Y/n, you knew about this?" Willow asked. "I mean yeah but I didn't know Hunter was going to do this," I told her. He turned into his uniform and put on his mask.

"Yeah, this would usually look cooler with the cloak, but I don't have it at the moment. Long story." He shrugged. Everyone gasped as guards surrounded us. I looked around and I made a ring of fire around us. "Whoa there scouts, I didn't give you orders to come here," Hunter told one of the guards. "Darius sent us to collect your recruits." They gathered around us. "Ah okay. Very good. Then there won't be any delay in branding you with coven sigils and taking you away from your friends and family forever. Hooray!" He made jazz hands. Skara started to cry.

~~~~~~

I hit the bars of the jail. "Okay listen. I'm sorry about this whole cell thing." Hunter had all our palismen on the wall. "But did you really have to punch Steve, Skara?" Hunter asked. "I get it. Emotions are running high. Ice pack for Steve." He gave a thumbs up. "Hunter, let us out!" I shouted. "Well, I don't get it. You're joining the best coven there is. You can keep all your magic, you get free room and board you can even play Flyer Derby on your day off. Well, this year's day has already passed, but next year's is only 52 weeks away." He smiled.

"We don't care. None of us wants this." Skara yelled. "You will eventually. Trust me. I'm your friend now." Hunter assured them. "Friends don't stab each other in the back." Gus spat. "Sure they do. The Coven Heads do it all the time back at the castle." Hunter told us. Oh right. This is Hunter's normal. He didn't know a lot of people outside the castle before today. "Hunter, that's only the Coven Heads. Friends don't do that." I told him. "Agree to disagree. Y/n, this is a good thing! We can hang out more and I can even make you my assistant." He kissed my forehead through the bars.

"Hunter..." I sighed. I wanted to yell at him but I got too flustered. "Captain, you're on my side right?" Hunter asked. She mumbled a bit before I heard her calling herself a half-witch. I spotted an abomination and I closed my eyes.

I opened my eyes to see us on a ship. "Darius! Put us down!" I demanded. "Sorry Triple G." He turned his back on us. I saw our palismen on the ship too. "Darius!" I stood up. "What?" He sat down. "Let us go." I crossed my arms. "No can do." He set me down and went on his scroll. I tried grabbing my palisman and he slapped my hand with an abomination. Willow tried casting a spell but she got a huge head pat to distract her. "You're gonna need to be a little more clever than that." He stood across from us.

"Darius!" Hunter teleported to the ship. I watched our illusions fall off the ship as I made the ship crash into the water and everyone evacuated. Sadly, a big abomination stopped us. "Did you really think you could get away with endangering a Coven Head?" Darius walked off the burning ship. "Do you have any idea what I'm capable of?" He made part of his arm just abomination goo. Willow made a wall of vines and he cut through them. She made some surrounding us and he cut through that too. I stood in front of the team to protect them, assuming he was going to strike us but someone goes in front of me.

"Wait!" Hunter yelled. "Out of my way, little prince." Darius warned. "No! I was mistaken. These four are insolent agitators who aren't fit for the Emperor's Coven and I'm unfit to wear the sigil of the Golden Gaurd." He took his cape off and it landed on the sand. "You can go." Hunter looked at us. "Please." He begged. "I'll stay here, you guys go." I smiled. "Plus you guys need to go find a new member since 'Caleb's' next day off is 52 weeks away." I winked. They smiled and walked away.

"You befriended them. And then you disobeyed me to protect them?" Darius got ready to hit him. Instead, he rested his hand on Hunter's head. "I'm impressed. I thought you went back to your old ways." Darius smiled. "What were you gonna do with us?" I asked him. "I was going to drop you guys at Hexside." He replied. "Oh, and why'd you call me triple G?" I asked. "You know..? Golden Gaurd's Girlfriend is three G's." He explained. "Oh..." I mumbled. "We have more than enough recruits in my opinion," Darius added.

I heard my owl chirp on my shoulder. "Are you going to tell Belos about this?" Hunter asked. "Are you gonna tell him about your secret Palisman?" Darius replied with a question. Hunter put his hand close to Flapjack. "Magic or not. I think you'll make your predecessors proud." Darius turned away from us. He threw Hunter's cape at him and fixed it. "But you could still use a sewing lesson," Darius added. "I tried helping, he wouldn't let me!" I shouted. He chucked and left. Hunter twirled me around and hugged me tightly.

"Ah, you were so good today!" Hunter told me. I lost my balance and we fell into the sand. I laughed as I hugged him. He laid on top of me hugging my waist gently. "Do you think I would be a good scout?" I took his mask and cape and I put the mask on my face. I fastened the cape around my shoulders. "Golden Gaurd, reporting for duty, sir." I chuckled. "Of course, you would be, Darling. After all, you are my girlfriend." He smiled.

~~~~~~

Hunter and I had a series of snacks on the floor and we sat on the bed and turned on The Cuphead Show. I took a photo of us earlier, posted it, and thought nothing of it. Until Luz, Amity, King, Willow, Gus, Skara, and Viney randomly busted into my room. "Movie Night!" Everyone shouted. Everyone planted themselves on the floor and took some snacks. Thank Titan my room was clean. Luz, Amity, and King we're cuddling with some popcorn. Viney and Skara were already asleep. Gus was fixated on the show and Willow was taking gaslighting photos.

I smiled as I put my head on Hunter's shoulder. "Why are there so many people here?" Hunter whispered. I shrugged and he held my waist tightly. I played with his hair that was in my face as he twirled the ends of my hair-do. I looked around and everyone was already asleep. I heard Hunter start to doze off and I close my eyes.

[BONUS]

@(Username)

The first Flyer Derby Team had my golden boy in it. And the Captian is @🌺Hello_Willow🌺

7m likes 6.7m shares

Pinned Comment
@🌺Hello_Willow🌺: Oooo yeah #TeamGreenEntrails!
@(Username): #TeamGreenEntrails!
1000 replies

[Word Count: 3489]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52.8K 2K 34
Luz Noceda goes to Hexside University, she's a freshman and barely knows how to keep up with her schoolwork. She lives with her adoptive mother Eda...
51.9K 927 38
You were regarded as a weird child in kindergarten. Weren't all the kids strange though? Despite the number of weird kids in your general class and g...
17.1K 420 11
(COMPLETED AS OF 10/02/22) One of the youngest in the Emperors Coven, y/n strives to do good for her cause and prove herself to the Emperor. Can she...
334K 8.7K 50
Y/n is what some may call a "Little Miss Perfect". She's top of her class, athletic, talented, and she pushes herself hard to be better. She does thi...