Her Lullaby

נכתב על ידי kotasonvenus

[Previously title Marigold and Sunflowers] He thought she was a sinful angel of temptation, but the most ann... עוד

These People
1- Threesome
3- Salad & Tenders
4- Bar
5- Projecting
6- Uno
7- Ragedy Ass Car
8- Strays
9- Mushrooms
10- Auto Shop
11- Insomnia
12- Invisible Watch
13- Truce Cake
14- Raccoon
15- Orange Juice
16- Sister
17- Charity
18- Twenty-Three Six
19- Blush
20- Girls Night
21- Sophisticated
22- Breakfast
23- Swimming
24- Airport
25- Red Lipstick
26- Funnel Cake
27- Dangerous
28- Stethoscope
29- Chill Day
30- I Can't
31- The Law
32- Upset
33- Boundaries
34- Bouquet
35- Texas
36- Uber
37- Birthday Cake
38- Housewife
39- Gold-Hearted
40- Want
41- Apartment
42- Rain
43- Lullaby

2- Apple Juice

3.2K 118 18
נכתב על ידי kotasonvenus

My eyes scan the label of the orange pill bottle Amiodarone in my hand.

I learned to live with my condition since I was seven, I couldn't drink too much coffee, soda- anything with too much caffeine, or too much sugar. I was able to exercise, playing soccer all throughout high school, but I still had to be cautious and I would have difficulty sleeping.

The first time I had sex, my heartbeat was through the roof and I almost went to the hospital. But to be fair that was when my condition was more severe back then, but my doctors cleared me for sex when I was twenty, three years ago.

I have a type of arrhythmia, ventricular tachycardia, a condition in which the heart beats irregularly either too slow or too fast. I had my few shares of episode where my heart could never make up its mind.

Since I wanted to distract myself from my health I started baking. I would make good cakes but the presentation would be awful, it still is, but now it's on purpose.
I think the bad looking frosting and decorations add character and lowers the expectations of the taste, so when eats the desert it unexpectedly delicious.

I put the pill bottle back in the cabinet before closing it and my reflection looks back at me.

My long, curly hair was thrown in a neat ponytail, my lips glistened with red tinted lipgloss, and the bags under my eyes were hidden under light makeup. I dressed myself in a flowy, low waisted hunter green skirt that ends an inch or two below my knees accompanied with a white ruched crop blouse; to tie it together I add simple, gold waist chain and earrings.

Pretty.

I smile at myself before going to my apartment kitchen and taking the cake out of the refrigerator.  It was simple French vanilla cake with buttercream frosting that was applied unevenly on the cake and a red car...well dark pink. The red got mixed into the white.

My car is in the shop, and I thought it would be nice to give it to the mechanic as a thank you. I hope they don't mind the cake looking like it's been done by a twelve year old.

I box the cake and gently place it in a big enough tote bag that had the Spiderman symbol in the middle, before I slid into my white sandals and I grab my purse before walking out of the apartment door.

A gust of when blew at my skirt and curls as I walk down the sidewalk watching the cars whizz by making sure not to bump into anyone. As much as I enjoy soaking in the environment around me I couldn't do it everyday, except the walking part. After ten minutes my feet were feeling sore and were yelling at me to sit down, to give them a break.

I stop walking to look for a place where I could rest for a while, I decided out of all the places the small coffee shop would be the best. Ironically I can't have any, but it was either the coffee shop or the bar, tattoo parlor, or the drug store. I chose what I thought would be the calmest setting. Much to my feet's discomfort I start walking again towards the coffee shop.

What time am I suppose to be at the shop? I thought as I began rummaging through my purse to find my phone to look at the time, "I really need a watch." I mutter to myself.

I glance between where I was walking and inside my tote bag, but the search for my phone was cut short.

I crash into someone sending a coffee cup and my totes bag with cake inside to the ground. Small amounts of coffee droplets splashes into my shirt, most of the drink landing on the person I crashed into. I didn't realize how close to the coffee shop I was.

"Shit!" His body repulses back as if he could dodge the liquid that was already soaking into his light blue button up, "Are you fucking incompetent!? Learn to fucking walk." He yells before I could apologize.

"I understand you are upset over the spilt coffee and your stained shirt, but you yelling at me won't fix anything, so please shut up." I smile politely, yet to look up at the man. I pick up the now empty coffee cup that doesn't even feel as if it contained coffee in the first place, and my tote bag.

I would've hoped my cake wasn't messed up, but it already looked bad in the first place it couldn't get any worse. If anything the fall probably made it better.

"Did you just tell me to shut up?" It's clear my choice of words weren't to his liking by the tone of his voice.

I finally look up at the man with a soft smile, "I believe so." I said in a soft tone.

He looked familiar, but I couldn't pinpoint it. His olive skin tone seemed to soak in the the sunlight, a five o'clock shadow decorates the lower half of his face below his cheekbones, his hazel eyes seemed as if they held things of all nature—despite his attitude, and his dark brown hair was combed neatly.

He picks at the wet part of his shirt that was clinging to him like a second skin, "It's hard to calm down when my drink is spilt on my shirt." He grumbles before looking up at me and his movements still.

I don't say anything I just hum walking around him and to the entrance of the coffee shop.

I turn the cup to see what he ordered as now stand in line. Apple juice? In a coffee cup? I guess that explains why the cup wasn't hot, and the man would've been more upset if it was scolding hot coffee.

Finally it's time for the cashier to take my order, "Hi! Welcome to Meadow Cafe, what can I get you?"

I smile, "Hi. Yes, can I get a apple juice...in a medium coffee cup?" I hesitate to finish the order.

The cashier press some button before looking back up at me, "Can I get you anything else?"

I scan the menu above, "Uh...Can I also get a banana nut muffin with a strawberry and banana smoothie...in it's original bottle— no coffee cup." I felt as if I needed to make that clear, and I hear a chuckle from behind me.

"Name?"

"Ivy."

After a few more buttons she gives me the price and I hand her the money, and she hands me my receipt before I get out of line to find a table to wait at.

I take a seat at a small round table hanging my tote bag on the side of the chair, finally letting my feet rest.

"Order for Ivy!" The employee calls five minutes later. I get up from my seat, walk over to the counter, and get my food and drinks before thanking the employee.

Walking out the coffee shop I saw blue shirt man a few feet away pacing back and forth as he talks angrily through the phone. His eyes narrowed into a glare, lips curled into scowl, and his brows pinched together.

He stops his pacing when he sees me walking towards him—glare still intact, "What is it?"

"Apple juice in a coffee cup." I state offering him the cup that he takes hesitantly, "Sorry about your shirt."

He stares down at the coffee cup his lips pursed into a straight line.

I walk away heading towards the mechanics.

•••••••

Finally! I got my baby back.

I get out of my car walking up the stairs to my apartment. When I get to my front door I unlock the door and walk in to find Astryd laying on my couch eating a bowl of cashews.

"Why are you here?" I ask setting down my purse, keys, and empty tote bag on the table.

"The sexual tension between me and the men was suffocating. I needed to get away." She rolls her eyes tossing a cashew into her mouth as her head falls back on arm of the couch.

I walk towards her petting her hair, "Oh, poor you."

She covers her head with her hand, "Careful. I don't need my lace lifting."

I laugh stealing a handful of cashews and picking up her legs and sitting on the couch.

"Don't worry your hair looks perfect, as always." I compliment as she throws her legs over my lap.

"Thanks." She sits up kissing my cheek, "How's the car?" She ask.

I take some more cashews from the white bowl designed with sunflowers, "Good as new, but you wouldn't believe the man I ran into today." I proceed to rant about the man with the apple juiced stained shirt.

I rant about how rude and uptight he was, and how I was nice enough to rebuy his drink, "And he didn't even say thank you."

She caresses my face with a pout, "Aww, poor baby." She pinches my cheeks, and I smack her hand away.

"But good news I got wrapped up in going to this business meeting thing with Leo, so you have to come with to keep me company." She pokes my shoulder with a hopeful smile.

"No." I take a few cashews. Her smile drops.

She grabs my bicep shaking me, "Come on,
I don't want to be there by myself in a room with boring  men who might have sticks up their asses." She whines.

"Why, though? You've always gotten out of going to these types of meetings, why can't you do again? It's not even mandatory for you to be there." I said.

She rolls her eyes, dark complexion glowing from the seeping sunlight, "Because Leo's persistent ass was adamant on me going and didn't take my excuse as an excuse."

"I don't know..."

"Please? If you go I promise I'll love you forever."

I looked at her offended, "You don't already?"

"If you don't go I won't be your friend anymore." She pouts but wasn't very convincing as she laughs through her words.

"How old are you? Eight?" I huff a laugh, "Fine I'll go with you, but you owe me." I point at her

She nods her head smiling, "Thanks, pookie. You know I love you." She kisses my cheek.

I roll my eyes contrasting from the smile on my face, "Love you too, babes" I kiss her cheek.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

<3 🧃

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

20.5M 346K 42
#1 Teen Fiction | #1 Young Adult | #1 Romance "We all need someone to drive us mad." - The Wombats. He stared arrogantly down at me, a smirk plaste...
1.8K 128 49
____ "I'd love to marry you Leon! Yes!" He tried slipping the ring on my finger. He did it once. Twice. Thrice. He looked at the ring and sighed, "Sh...
242K 13.4K 76
COMPLETED✔ "Her skin was the shade of dark chocolate and not the cheap shit, the expensive kind. The kind that your tongue slowly massages as your ta...
2.7K 141 57
A profound love between two people betting against all odds, would they be able to stand together? or let the fate decide... Synopsis: Two different...