The Benefits- Jikook

By Chulimochi

Jungkook and Jimin are best friends with benefits. Other than their intense physical relationship, the word... More

Intro (m)
Chapter 1: Jeon and Park
Chapter 2: Fight and make up
Chapter3: Brain and heart (I)
Chapter 4: Brain and Heart (II)
Chapter 5: How it started (M)
Chapter 6: Possessive Jeon
Chapter 7: Ice-cream
Chapter 8: "Friendzone"
Chapter 9: Impossible
Chapter 10: One more night (or two)
Chapter 11: Graduation
Chapter 12: Amused?
Preview
Chapter 13: Truth hurts
Chapter 14: Farewell (M)
Chapter 15: It's over
Chapter 16: Closure
Chapter 17: Coping
Chapter 18: Without you
Announcement <3
Chapter 19: You from afar
Chapter 20: Apart
A/N
Chapter 21: New beginning
A\N: Help me think
Chapter 22: The other half
Chapter 23: Who am I? without you
Chapter 24: Back and forth and back
Chapter 25: See you
Chapter 26: Locked in the friend zone
Chapter 28: Moving on in action
Chapter 29: Unrealistic expectations
Chapter 30: Time flies
Chapter 31: Welcome home
Chapter 32: Familiar touches
Chapter 33: Collab
Chapter 34: Chance
Chapter 35: Square one (M)
Chapter 36: The new you
Chapter 37: Smooth like butter
Chapter 38: News
Chapter 39: Fake news. Real news
Chapter 40: Fiance?
Chapter 41: Why?
Chapter 42: Stupid Jeon Jungkook
Chapter 43: It's a no
Chapter 44: Decision
Part 45: Agreement
Chapter 46: Public relations
Chapter 47: Planned and unplanned
Chapter 48: Cock blocker
Chapter 49: A deal
Chapter 50: The launch and the wedding
Chapter 51: A crying session
Chapter 52: "How did you propose?"
Chapter 53: Thirst
Chapter 54: Same old wild animal
Chapter 55: Move in with me.
Chapter 56: Towards the right direction
Chapter 57: FWBS
Chapter 58: Another whole, not half
Chapter 59: Cutting the cake
Chapter 60: Transition
Chapter 61: Still
Chapter 62: First night
Chapter 63: Jimin was here

Chapter 27: "Finally moving on"

2.2K 137 54
By Chulimochi

Chapter 27: "Finally moving on."

'It will never happen to us because we're always going to be best friends, Jimin. We'll be best friends forever."

------------------------------------

"Do you like it?" Excitement is being shown on Jungkook's face. The big doe eyes are glistering looking at the turquoise box he just handed Jimin during lunch as Jimin's belated birthday present.

"You must be crazy. How much do these cost?" Jimin smiles as he's being amused by Tiffany & Co. rectangle porcelain plate sets of four. They come in small sizes.

"I think they are perfect for your kimchi and other side dishes." Jungkook chuckles.

"Yeah, they seem to contain the right amount. I can't wait to eat my breakfast with this set." Jimin smiles widely while touching the plates. "They're so beautiful. Thank you, but seriously, you don't need to spend that much."

Well, a million if he has to. Just for that crescent smile.

The pair of big doe eyes seem to be mesmerized again, thinking of what else he should buy for Jimin. What else can he give Jimin to use daily? As if he wants those things to remind Jimin of him. Well, he has more time to think. Maybe he can just get a set of bedsheets and other home decor for Jimin.

"Jungkook?" Jimin calls as he taps the taller one on his forearm.

"Oh sorry. Lost in my thoughts again." Jungkook scratches his neck. "Do you like the food here?"

"Yes, fine dining is nice, but let's go eat korean BBQ for our dinner." Jimin smiles. "You seem to be day dreaming a lot, recently."

They've been hanging out. Going shopping and eating at restaurants. And Jungkook has been zoning out. A lot. It wouldn't be a problem for Jimin if those big doe eyes don't seem to be lost while looking at him. Why causes more butterflies? It's so uncomfortable.

"Yeah, let's do that. Sorry. I was thinking of getting you a set of bedsheets."

"Bed sheets?" Why?"

"You know, just a simple gift, so you can use them there."

"There's tons of those in the US. You don't need to." Jimin smiles as he sips the water.

"But there's a specific fabric from a traditional Korean brand."

"I don't need a fancy bedsheet." Jimin smiles gently. "You know how good I sleep."

"But I-"

"Jungkook, you don't need to spend that much."

"You know I earn my own money, so I can spend however I want."

"You don't need to give me anything alright? I love getting gifts, but I appreciate us spending time together more than anything." A smile is seen on Jimin's face. A gentle one with a pair of crescent eyes looking straight at Jungkook, genuinely.

Beautiful. So beautiful that Jungkook feels something weird happening in his stomach, and that's when he's back to his senses.

Is he crossing the line again? Jimin shouldn't get the wrong idea. "You know that I'm gifting you because you are my best friend."

You are my best friend.

Again. It's not the first, second or third time Jungkook says that ever since Jimin came back the first day. Jungkook has been saying even more after that night when Jimin was cooking shrimp fried eggs.

It's irritating. His taller best friend kept on saying that whenever he does anything nice for Jimin as if all his actions are giving Jimin hope, it's been extremely bothersome. Jungkook has been opening doors for Jimin as best friend. He's been helping Jimin with shopping bags as a best friend. He's been picking Jimin up and dropping Jimin off as best friend. Oh Jeon Jungkook got off work early and skipped classes to spend time with Jimin.

As his best friends.

Not just actions, but also when Jimin says anything nice, Jungkook will emphasize their friendship.

'I miss this. It's been forever since we binge on fried chicken."

'Yes, that's what best friends do.'

'Ah I had such a good time. Thanks for today.'

'Of course Jimin. I'm your friend. I'm gonna keep entertaining you.'

No room for compliments either.

'This shirt looks nice on you.'

'Oh thank you, Jimin, my friend.'

The amount of 'best friends' and 'friends' have been shoved into Jimin's head. He even hears it in his sleep. If this is not just a small break where he only gets two weeks to spend with Jungkook, Jimin is going to need space to make up his mind. It hurts, but with this amount, Jimin is getting used to it. Deeply he starts to accept it. Pain is less than anger now since Jungkook has been acting like Jimin doesn't know his place. Like Jimin wants more. It almost feels like Jungkook is so full of himself in Jimin's eyes. He's been trying to make the situation right for their friendship, and stupid Jeon Jungkook is not helping.

They never talk about that sensitive topic that Jimin is in love with his best friend, but Jungkook doesn't need to keep shoving Jimin back in the friendzone. It feels like Jungkook harshly pushes Jimin in the head back in there where he's already in.

"I'm going to the restroom. Be right back." Jimin is not going to fake a smile and just say 'yeah, I know' like every time.

Not waiting for Jungkook to say anything, Jimin just states that and gets up right away. Walking towards the restroom, Jimin looks at himself in the mirror, wanting to vent with someone, but Taehyung must be partying or sleeping since it's night time in the US.

They need to talk. Jimin needs to be mature and talk it out by telling Jungkook that he doesn't need to keep doing that. Jimin will even promise that he doesn't have feelings for Jungkook anymore. He will lie, but it's for the best. Jungkook doesn't need to know about his painful getting over Jungkook period.

'Jungkook. You don't need to keep saying that we're best friends. I know that very well. You can chill because I'm not feeling that way about you anymore. Distance helps I guess. You can act normal, and I won't think you cross any line when you treat me nicely. Can we go back and be friends like we were before that benefit messed it up?' Jimin types on his phone. He needs to make sure he doesn't miss anything. Just the right amount of words. Not too dramatic. Not too long.

Walking out from the bathroom, Jimin sighs with a light smile on his face. He somehow finds peace. Jungkook has been treating him so well, and they're hanging out a lot. He won't ask for more, and one day, Jimin believes that his soulmate is out there somewhere. Someone is going to replace Jungkook. Someone that loves him and treats him even better than Jungkook. That person will give him cuddles and hugs anytime he wants. He will love Jimin back, but wait...

Who is that?

Right when Jimin is reaching their table, his feet stop when he sees a girl reaching Jungkook. The girl hugs Jungkook who suddenly stands before she gives a kiss on Jungkook's cheek. Seeing Jungkook not stepping back or forcing his body away, Jimin just lets himself watch.

The girl gives a shy smile as she tugs her hair behind her ear. Silky long brown hair. She has a little makeup on. Just the right amount that enhances her big round eyes, droopy nose and full lips. Cute and pretty at the same time with that knee length blue long sleeves dress.

And then a pang is being felt in Jimin's chest. He almost erased the picture of Jungkook kissing that girl from their high school at a party out of his brain. Everything seems to come back. All sorts of feelings are hitting him like a storm all at once.

Not the fact that Jungkook kissed that girl, but the fact about Jungkook's actions back then, but hey, Jimin has been through that pain. From a lot of crying to finally getting himself out of bed. From losing Jungkook to having Jungkook into his life again.

It's painful to have Jungkook in his life, knowing it's always going to be friendship between them, but without Jungkook, life is also painful.

Therefore, through pain, Jimin will thrive. Freaking out is not a choice. He will just breath and face the situation in front of him. No drama is allowed today. At least before he can go home and cry his feelings away just like the last time when Jungkook hugged him tight, calling him best friends forever.

Pain. Jimin will bear it.

Walking towards the table where Jungkook and the other girl are chit chatting, the girl turns her head to Jimin, tilting her head. "Can I help?" She asks, causing Jungkook whose back is facing him to turn back.

"Jimin-ah." Jungkook steps away from the girl. "This is my classmate, Sohee."

"Hey. I'm Jimin." Jimin smiles gently at Sohee whose smile fades, looking at Jimin from head to toe. Not in an unfriendly way though. It's just the way she checks Jimin out.

"Nice meeting you, Jimin." Sohee keeps her act together.

"Likewise." Giving back a light smile, there's not much Jimin wants to say. It's pretty obvious in Jimin's eyes that the girl has some sort of crush on Jungkook from the way she looks at him.

"Umm." Sohee clears her throat. "I didn't know you had such a cute boyfriend."

"Oh no! He's not my boyfriend. He's my best friend." Jungkook suddenly says as he looks at Jimin. It's awkward.

"The best friend you skipped classes to hang out with?" Sohee chuckles. She seems to be relieved and overly happy about that fact. "I honestly thought that it has to be a love interest and not just friends. I mean. Jeon Jungkook skipped classes. Can you believe it?"

"Yeah. I almost couldn't believe it." Jimin gives an awkward smile. It's been what? A couple of months, and someone gets to know Jungkook that much.

"Well, Jimin came back for the break. I need to spend time with him." Jungkook says as he smiles. "He's studying in the US now. San Francisco."

"Oh? Which university? UC Berkeley? Don't tell me you go to Stanford. That would be so awesome. I was going to study there. It's a shame my parents think I'm too young to live by myself."

"Sohee is actually 16. She skipped some years in high school." Jungkook informs. "Told you many times that you need to call me oppa." He smirks with a flirty smile.

"If you get A+ on every subject, then I'll do that. It's a promise."

"I go to a normal private art school." Jimin says with a light smile, trying to keep his act together on how embarrassing. Well that's because he feels he's not enough compared to this smart girl. Smart just like how Jungkook would like.

"That's also awesome." Sohee says genuinely. "Well, I need to go now. My friends are waiting outside."

"You should have joined us. Really." Jungkook says before he opens his arms to hug Sohee goodbye.

Heat travels throughout Jimin's body and face. Jungkook touching someone else. It's going to happen one day or later, but still, It's painful. His body feels tense. Feeling so small and intimidated from that girl. Also, the fact that Jungkook said he's the best friend. This time, in front of the girl he's intimidated by.

Sitting down on his seat and sipping water, Jimin, again, tries to take a breath. No way he will let his emotions slip to ruin this. Opening the menu, Jimin actually does want some dessert to ease his mind.

"Is she cute?" Jungkook asks.

"Yeah, she's so fine." Jimin replies, trying to focus on the menu instead of looking Jungkook in the eyes.

"Should I ask her out?"

"Yeah. It's up to you."

"Would you be happy for me? She's so chill too. She's been helping me with taking notes too. We are in the same group project." Jungkook chuckles. "I want to get to know her more, you know. This could go somewhere. It could be something."

"Let's finally order dessert?" Jimin says with a smile. Keeping that on his face because without the smile. Jungkook will see how painful he is from his face. That's why Jimin still keeps his eyes on the menu.

"Ok. Let's do that." Jungkook then makes eye contact with the waiter.

"What can I get for you guys?" The waiter looks at them both, getting his ipad ready.

"I'd like a raspberry crepe cake. Jungkook, do you know what you want?" Jimin asks, his eyes are still on the menu.

"Crepe cake? Since when did you like that? I thought you're going for some cheesecake. I'll have chocolate lava with vanilla ice-cream." 

"Do you want it decorated? We do special decorations for couples." The waiter asks politely.

Right when Jungkook is about to open his mouth, he's stopped by Jimin's voice.

"Oh no. We're just friends." Jimin says, letting out an obvious fake smile. "Make it normal, please."

"Right. Please." Jungkook shifts his gaze down before something comes up on his mind. "And can we please get that cake I brought."

"And please do not sing happy birthday." Jimin asks.

"As you'd like, sir." The waiter bows. "That's all for you guys? I'll be right back with your dessert."

"Things change you know." Jimin says. "I don't like something I used to like."

"Mhm. It's weird. You love cheesecake so much."

"Yeah, but I should try something new. Maybe I will like crepe cake better with time." Jimin can now look Jungkook in the eyes.

"I know a place that only sells crepe cake. Do you wanna go?"

"Hmm I'd like to. Maybe next week?" Jimin tilts his head.

"Next week?" Jungkook furrows his eyebrows. "What do you want to do before then?"

"Well, Jungkook. I think I need a while. There's this guy I met in SF, and he's been waiting to talk to me on call. I might have to stay awake at night for several days." Jimin lies. To save face or to whatever, Jimin can't stand the situation like this where Jungkook gets to date someone while he's still not over Jungkook and not letting anyone else in.

"Oh?" The pair of big doe eyes shift away.

"This has been nice. You've been the nicest ever. I mean it's been years since you haven't complained or rolled your eyes, but I need to give him time too." By him, Jimin also doesn't know who, but he'll surely start searching for the one.

"You've never mentioned this."

"I didn't think I needed to. Everything might still be sensitive, but since you're comfortable talking about dating, I have nothing to be worried about." Jimin smiles, and if Jungkook is not being blind by his emotions, he will see pain is taking over the pair of crescent eyes.

"Since when? Are you guys serious?" Jungkook can't stop himself from asking. His head is spinning.

"Well, since I reached out to you, but we're taking time getting to know each other."

"Where did you guys meet?"

"A friend of my classmate." Good job to Jimin who's lying. He doesn't even hang out with his classmates.

"What is he like?"

"He's normal and nice. He seems to be genuine. I think this could be something. It can actually go somewhere, you know? I've never felt this way before. It's like this is real and not just a stupid high school crush."

-------------------------------------------------------

End of chapter.

A/N: My dog just gave birth last week. Wanna see their pups? Feeding them milk every two hours this last week. I have night shifts 🤣. It's painfully beautiful.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.7K 121 14
You move to Utah because of your parents job and meet a boy. one that loves you very much. How will things turn out with him? We'll see... !DOESNT FO...
271K 15.1K 28
'Come tonight at ten.' 'Okay.' With that curt reply, I went back to the comic app, only to stare at the screen without actually reading the conversat...
53.6K 1.2K 5
The Bakusquad knows that Bakugou likes deku. "Its obvious" they would always say to him. One day they decide to play truth or dare. They decided to i...
343K 4K 29
haikyuu!! one-shots written by a queer girl because i said so. contains: romance angst bromance shipping and the trash that is oikawa both characte...