Second Chances

נכתב על ידי amdnjsh

Victoria Patten dies and wakes up in the body of a newly turned Vicki Donovan. Having seen Vampire Diaries, s... עוד

Prologue
Lost Girls
Haunted
Haunted Part 2
The truth
162 Candles
History Repeating
The Turning Points
Bloodlines
Unpleasantville
Children of the Damned
Fool Me Once
A Few Good Men
There Goes the Neighborhood
Let the Right One in
Under Control
Miss Mystic Falls
Gloria
Isobel
Founders Day
New cover!!
Second Chances Part II
The Return
Brave New World
Bad Moon Rising
Memory Lane
Soulmate Series
Masquerade
Rose
Katerina
By the Light of the Moon
Know Thy Enemy
The Last Dance
Dream State
The Last Day
The Sun Also Rises
As I Lay Dying
Second Chances Part III
Purely Platonic
The Ripper of Nashville
The Birthday
The Hybrid
The End of The Affair
Disturbing Behavior
The Reckoning
Numb
The Ties That Bind
Bringing Out The Dead
Family Business
Dangerous Liaisons
All My Children
The Murder Of One
Father Daughter Bonding
Marry Me
Magic From Afar
The Witchy Professor
A View To Kill
The End
Sequel + next books!

Marcellus

12.8K 436 51
נכתב על ידי amdnjsh

Vicki's POV

I've taken the last few days to go through all of my research and figure what the hell I'm going to do with the upcoming events.

I've also been planning for a special trip. But I need to do something important first. Something from this timeline that I wanted to change.

After I've packed and gotten everything ready, I get dressed and head to the Salvatore house. If I've gotten my timing right then Damon has just gotten there with Bonnie, Jeremy, and a certain werewolf.

I step through the front door and walk into the parlor. Mason is unconscious and tied up. Bonnie is just about to place her hands on his temples to find the moonstone.

"Don't bother."

All three people whip their heads towards me.

"And where the hell have you been missy?" Damon stalks over to me giving me a hug.

"I've been figuring things out." I look at Bonnie. "Don't waste your time, I know where it is."

"The moonstone?"

I nod. "Get Caroline and Elena to help you. You know that well by the lockwood property?"

"Yes, why?"

"It's in there. In a box" she nods and starts to hurry out the door. "Bonnie wait!"

She turns to me. "The well is filled with vervain. Make sure Stefan or Caroline doesn't go down there."

Her eyes widen and she nods again before leaving.

I walk over to Mason, he's starting to wake up. I sigh and begin to remove the chains. I hear Damon rush behind me and I push him back.

He grabs my arm. "No way, you're not letting him out."

"Yes I am. I need him for something."

He scoffs. "And what is that?"

"I'm not letting you kill him."

"He started it, he tried to kill me first! At the volunteer picnic."

"No, you did with the silver. You started this Damon and I'm not going to let you finish it."

"What are you talking about?"

"When is it going to get through that tiny head of yours that I know everything, Damon. You stabbed him with that silver knife after I told you not to." I pushed him back. "Then you refused to apologize. That's why he told Liz, Damon. Because you are an ass."

I turn around to see the rest of the Scooby gang standing with their mouths dropped to the floor. I roll my eyes and look back at him.

"You can make Katherine think he's dead if you want to but I'm not letting you actually kill him."

"Elena?" She nods. "You need to go home, Katherine got Jenna off of vervain, she knows everything about you too." I gesture towards Stefan. "Don't let her answer the phone. She'll make Jenna stab herself. Go!"

"What?!"

"Go now." She rushes out the door with Stefan behind her.

Now Mason is fully conscious. "Your girlfriend is a real bitch." I rip the chains off of him.

I hear Damon rush towards me again. Without looking back at him I flick my wrist and he falls to the ground, his neck snapped to the side.

Masons eyes widen, guess he hasn't seen magic before.

Caroline, Bonnie, and Jeremy are still here watching this all silently and with wide eyes.

When they see me look up, they disperse, going somewhere else in the house.

"Katherine was using you Mason."

"No, she loves me. I trust her, she wouldn't do that."

"Then why did you put the moonstone in a vervain filled well?" He's silent. "That's what I thought. I need you to listen to me Mason." I grab his hand and lead him to the couch where we sit down. I cast a silencing spell for privacy.

"The curse of the sun and moon? It's not real. There's a much bigger curse that the moonstone is bound to. It requires three sacrifices. A vampire, a werewolf, and a human." He's shocked at this. "She needed you for the moonstone and for the sacrifice. She turned Caroline as well for it."

"Why would she do that?"

"A very powerful family needs to lift that curse and she needed to help them in order to get her freedom. She was using you Mason, she was going to bring you to get killed. Do you understand me?"

He hangs his head low. "Yes."

"You need to disappear, if you tell anyone where we are going she will just kill you and get someone else. I want to help you. But you have to let me."

"Okay what do we need to do?"

His phone rings. "Give me your phone." He hesitates for a second then pulls it out of his pocket and hands it to me. I click answer and put it up to my ear.

"You're late, where are you?"

"I'm sorry, Mason can't come to the phone right now."

"Where is he? What did you do!?"

"Oh my bad, did you want him alive?" I hang up the phone and text Carol the same thing that Damon was going to. I then throw the phone at the wall making sure it is destroyed.

I stand up and hold out my hand. "You ready."

He takes it and begins to walk with me. "I guess. Where are we going anyway?"

A smirk brings itself to my lips when I look up at him. "You'll see, it'll be fun."

Three hours later, our plane lands and we get in a cab when I get a phone call from Damon.

"Yellow."

"Where the fuck are you!?"

"Far away from you and your temper tantrum. I'll be back in time for the masquerade ball, bye bye." I hang up before he can say anything else.

I turn to Mason and pull out a "manly" bracelet. "I need you to wear this."

"Why?" He puts it on and I sniff. Nothing.

"It hides your scent. Werewolves aren't exactly welcome in the quarter. I'm going to get you a free pass but until then, you'll be safe. I promise."

When we reach our hotel , we step out with our bags and check in. After relaxing for a bit, it is nighttime and that means it's time to go find Marcellus.

I have been dying to do karaoke ever since I got in this universe but Damon is boring and never wanted to come with. And I'm not extroverted enough to go by myself.

I asked a local where the karaoke bar would be and I dragged Mason over to it.

As soon as we walk in, I can feel all of the vampires in here. I glance at Mason's face and I know that he feels it too.  "You'll be fine. I won't let anything happen." He nods. "Let's get a drink."

We head to the bar, it's pretty packed in here so it takes a minute to get our drinks and shots. We knock back the shots and bring the drinks to an empty table.

The table next to us is filled with Marcel's vampires and I recognize a few of them like Diego and Thierry.

The person who is on the stage finishes their song and we all applaud. "Alright! Who's next!"

I jump up out of my chair. "I am."

One thing that I love about being brought here, all of my music from my universe was on my phone. So since it is technically 2010, all the music from my phone is from 2022.

I get up on stage and plug in my phone so that I don't have to use the karaoke machine.

The song I chose makes me feel so powerful. I need that energy right now knowing that I'm about to be face to face with the hottest dude ever.

Your smoke in my hair
Hot and dirty like the L.A. air
That face, baby, it ain't fair
But you don't know what you don't know
What you don't know

I look up as the door opens and Marcel walks in. I make eye contact with him.

Ooh-ooh, so you wanna talk about power?
Ooh-ooh, let me show you power

He raises his eyebrows at me and smiles. I wink at him.

I eat boys like you for breakfast
One by one hung on my necklace
And they'll always be mine
It makes me feel alive

I eat boys like you for breakfast
And I know that you tried your bestest
I never said it's right
But I'm gonna keep doing it

By now I'm really getting into it. Everyone is looking at me, they've never heard this song before and it intrigues them.

I'm sick, yeah, I'm sick
And honestly, I'm getting high off it
Do you wanna see a magic trick?
'Cause you don't know what you don't know
But I know

I look over to Mason and he's smiling brightly at me. Aww that's adorable.

Ooh-ooh, so you wanna talk about power?
Ooh-ooh, let me show you power

I eat boys like you for breakfast
One by one hung on my necklace
And they'll always be mine
It makes me feel alive

I eat boys like you for breakfast
And I know that you tried your bestest
I never said it's right
But I'm gonna keep doing it

I notice now that Diego is looking over at Mason suspiciously, he keeps sniffing the air, trying to sense something.

I eat boys, I eat boys

I lift my hand and flick it from Mason towards Diego, causing his head to look at me. A look of confusion crosses over his face.

Your smoke in my hair
Hot and dirty like the L.A. air
That face, baby, it ain't fair
But you don't know what you don't know
What you don't know

I eat boys like you for breakfast
One by one hung on my necklace
And they'll always be mine
It makes me feel alive
I eat boys like you for breakfast
And I know that you tried your bestest
I never said it's right
But I'm gonna keep doing it

Right as I finish, people are cheering and clapping. I take a dramatic bow and grab my phone on the way to our table.

Now we wait for him to come to me. And bingo. He's on his way over.

"That was quite a performance you gave up there."

I look up at him with a smirk. "Marcel Gerard. Lovely to meet you finally. Go ahead, take a seat."

He sits and raises his eyebrows. "And how do you know little ol' me?"

"Oh I know lots of things. But you do too, don't you?"

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"I need your help with something." I pull out the paper that I stuffed in my bra. I unfold it and hand it to him.

He quickly glances at it and whips his head up to look at me. "What do you know about them?"

"One of them is my soulmate. I'm here to find out which one since Niklaus has them all daggered right now."

"Come with me." He stands up and so does his posse.

I grab Mason's hand and bring him with me. I follow him and we end up at the compound.

He sits at the head of a table in the courtyard and gestures for me to sit as well. I sit down and Mason sits on the other side of me.

"What do I get for this?"

"My abilities. I know versions of the future and I can see into people's pasts. As you can tell, I'm a vampire, but I'm also a siphon. A heretic, you call it. I still had magic once I transitioned."

"That's how you know about them and me?"

"Yep. I've seen your past with them and I know what will happen here, a few months from now, a year from now, 7 years from now."

I lean forward turning more towards him. "Listen, Marcel. I'm not your enemy here. In fact, I think we will become good friends one day. But I need the information that you have about this, and I will do whatever it takes for it. So, how about a trade?"

"I'm listening, but I'm not going first."

I sigh. "Alright. My first piece of information for you concerns the witches." This catches his attention and he sits up straighter. "In a few months, they will be making a sacrifice for more power, you'll want to stop that. But if you kill the elders now, there will be consequences. You'll have to wait, and Sophie Deveroux will be sure to tell you when the time is right."

"What will I get by stopping this?" Stubborn, isn't he?

I look at him unimpressed. "You don't want them to have more power. If you do this, you'll gain control over them and acquire a powerful weapon against them."

"I'm guessing in about a year, I'll be moving here. I'll be sure to warn you for when I'm coming, and when I do, I'll be of good use to you. But until then, if you need any favors while I'm gone, I'll help you."

"I like the sound of that, my own personal witch." He smirks.

"See? I knew you'd come around. Here's the thing though, the information I just gave you is for the things that you know about the soulmates. The favors and everything else, I'll need something in return."

"Name your price, witchy." I smile at the nickname.

"I have a friend. A werewolf." His posse snarls at me and lunges but I place a paralytic spell on them and turn back to Marcel.

"I don't deal with werewolves."

"I just need to know that he's under your protection while I'm gone, he's in more danger there than here."

He sighs and runs a hand down his face. "This him?" He points at Mason who looks a little unnerved. I give him a smile of reassurance.

"What do you mean by protection?"

"I've bought a house out here, in that perfect sweet spot between town and the bayou. He will live there and no one harms him. There's room for him to lock up when the full moon comes and he won't bother you."

"How come I can't smell him, he smells human."

I smile. "A little concoction of my own design. That bracelet hides his scent. None of your other vampires have to know that he's a werewolf, just that he's off limits."

He holds out his hand and I take it in mine. "Deal."

"Perfect, I knew I'd like you, Marcie." He grimaces at the nickname but smiles at me nonetheless. "Now your part?"

"Right, I don't know too much about the soulmates. The originals had a powerful Claire witch do a spell to find out who their soulmates were. It only works on them though, it would be useless to try it on you."

I slump in my chair a bit, that's not what I was expecting.

"But," I perk up again. "Since I was there, I know what they look like and their abilities."

"You know what they look like? Can you show me?"

He sighs and stands up, walking up behind me and puts his hands on my head. "Open your mind up to me."

I close my eyes and relax. "When the spell was performed, they were able to see a glimpse of their soulmate and some of them showed their powers."

I see a women with blonde hair. "This was Klaus'."

So, not me.

Another image of a woman plays in my head. "Elijah went next. She is some sort of witch, that I could tell."

I huff. Not me either. Two down, four to go.

"Finn was in a box when they did this, but it's not you."

"What makes you say that?"

"He found his soulmate before they turned. I heard the story from Rebekah. She was his wife, then the mark showed up after they were all turned. Esther killed her." I gasp. That must be why he wanted to die.

"The other two, I didn't see. But Rebekah's..." he winced.

"Wasn't you." I said softly. He nodded and sat back down.

"It was a woman too. She wasn't just a vampire or a witch, or a werewolf. She was all three."

"A tribrid?!" What the hell?

"And Kol's."

"Yes?" He smirks.

"Was a hybrid. Both vampire and witch." My eyes widen. It's Kol? "He would always talk about her striking hazel eyes and her feisty attitude. He only caught a glimpse of you and I could tell he was already in love."

I blushed. Hey! I don't blush.

"He changed a bit after he saw you. As much as I hate to admit it, I kinda started to like him."

I laugh. "Liar. You hate him, I know."

He laughs too. "Yeah, I do."

I sigh. "Kol." I say softly, trying to get a feel for his name in my mouth. It feels right.

"Listen, I've got something to do now, you're always welcome here. As long as you don't bring them along with you. Stay the night, have fun. I'll see you later."

I quickly rush over to him before he gets the chance to leave. He looks at me with an eyebrow raised. I put my arms around his huge frame, hugging him. He hesitantly hugs back.

"Thank you."

"Of course, witchy. You'll hear from me soon for those favors."

I let go a chuckle. "Right. See ya."

I release his goons from my spell and they speed after him. I turn towards Mason with a bright smile, which he matches.

"We will stay at the hotel tonight and then I'll get you settled into the house okay?"

"Alright sounds good." He comes over to me and takes my hand. We walk over to the hotel and I almost immediately fall asleep. The events of today were very tiring.

In my dreams, I see a handsome Mikaelson calling out to me.

A/N
Hmmm. Anyone see that coming?
Now we know what the other soulmates look like too. 👀

Anyways... I'm thinking of writing Finn's book after I'm done with these. Any thoughts?

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

247K 8.2K 73
"Soulmates aren't the ones who make you happiest, no. They're instead the ones who make you feel the most. Burning edges and scars and stars, Old pan...
9.8K 294 23
ミ★ 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 a sarcastic blonde whose haunted by the dead meets a boy with a perfect smile who just so happens to be haunted by his past? Wi...
134K 4K 74
The Vampire Diaries Book 1 in the Soulmates Series Season Two - Season Four The Originals Season One - Season Five Kol Mikaelson x OC
419K 8.9K 34
❝𝗪𝗲 𝗕𝗲𝗹𝗼𝗻𝗴❞ ✧ ೃ༄ 𝖶𝗂𝗇𝖾 𝗌𝗍𝖺𝗂𝗇𝖾𝖽 𝗍𝖾𝖾𝗍𝗁 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖻𝗅𝗈𝗈𝖽𝗌𝗁𝗈𝗍 𝖾𝗒𝖾𝗌 𝖳𝗁𝗂𝗇𝗄 𝗐𝖾'𝗋𝖾 𝖻𝗈𝗍𝗁 𝖿𝗎𝖼𝗄𝖾𝖽 𝗎𝗉 𝖺𝗇𝖽...