For You, I Live

By Lunazul3000

Do you know what it's like to know your future? Do you know what it's like for no matter what you do, you onl... More

Ch.1 This is not the End
Ch.2 Turning Point
Ch.3 The Darkness is my Friend
Ch.4 Possible Friends
Ch.5 There's No Hope
Ch.6 Mindscape or Dreamscape?
Ch.7 Used and Discarded
Ch.8 The Plan
Ch.9 Old Wounds
Announcement!
Ch.10 Living Through The Hurt
Theme Music
Ch.11 Positively Passive
Ch.12 Not So Happy Reunion
Celebrate 1K!
Ch.13 New Family
Ch.14 E.S.B.
Ch.15 Garden of Life
Ch.16 Rising Hope
Ch.17 Kids and Chaos
Ch.18 Family Bonds
Ch.20 Death of a World
Ch.21 The Chains That Hold Us
Ch.22 Unlikely Ally
5k People!!!
Ch.23 Deals and Fates
Asks And Dares Are Now Open!
Ask Or Dare Special
Ch.24 A Rescue Or An Escape?
Ch.25 Return
Ch.26 Musical Memories
Ch.27 New Plan
Ch.28 Karma At Its Finest
Ch.29 Comfort
Ch.30 Preparing For The End
Ch.31 The Grill and Packing Up
Ch.32 Diverging Paths
Ch.33 The Pack
Ch.34 Atlas

Ch.19 Around The Corner

1.1K 58 5
By Lunazul3000

About two weeks had passed since I met the Reapertale kids. I continued to improve in my magical abilities and control over my corruption. I was still a bit shy, but I'd gotten more used to being around everyone. Fresh had been sticking around much to Flowey's displeasure. The bitties were sticking to me like glue since my small meltdown. I could often be seen following Geno around with them sitting or hanging off of me. Reaper came back for a couple of days after feeling the parental bond form. He actually gave me a special bracelet with beads on it he had made. It was supposed to have the magical signature of family members infused into them. It would also act as a tracker for them if I was separated or kidnapped, so they would be able to find me. It was infused with Reaper, Geno, and Fresh's magic. I put it on my left ankle inside my sock to hide it. I could still feel its comfort, but others wouldn't see it. Geno, Fresh, and I talk to Reaper about my reincarnation status and Error. It actually went really well. Reaper fainted at the end, but when he woke up he pulled me into a hug and reassured me it didn't change anything. He would also come with us on our quest for Error. The bitties had overheard and straight up told me they didn't care. I was still the same person they had met that accepted them. They would follow me anywhere.

Core and Medic visited like they said and gave me a proper evaluation. While they were pleased that my HoPe had increased, they confirmed I was depressed and had schizophrenia. I was also suffering from the trauma I experienced in Dreamtale. They were concerned about my numbness. They gave me some tools and had me try some medication, though they didn't seem hopeful on the meds working. Gods were known for having immunity to drugs and poisons, so they probably wouldn't do anything. I was a bit disappointed about that. Schizophrenia was known to sometimes get worse or better over time. I was really young and it was relatively mild right now, so I wasn't holding my breath for improvements. Maybe when we had more time we could figure something else out. They were proud of my progress in my haphephobia and control over my corruption though, so there's that.

Core said that everything should be set for us to leave by the end of the month. They somehow managed to capture Ink and contain him in an undisclosed location after making an attempt to get him to stop creating for a while. It came out that he was soulless and didn't believe in the consequences of his actions. They couldn't keep him contained forever, but it would give us time to finish escaping. He would be left behind to lay in the bed he made along with Nightmare and his army.

Core took Geno, Reaper, Fresh, and I to the side at one point, and sat us down. Core had overheard our conversation about being reincarnated and Error's possible survival. We talked about my past life and us going in a separate ship from everyone to go find wherever Error was. Core was quite happy to hear about Error and said they'll think about joining us. They would have Sci make a sort of device that used Error's strings to track his magical signature.

I was sitting in Life's garden making flower crowns with Flowey and Chara. Frisk was braiding my hair around my old gold crown. String, Carber, and Moon were napping next to me. I was humming a song to myself as I was weaving the stems together. I started to sing.

___________________

Zombie - Cover By Beth
(Original by The Cranberries)

Another head hangs lowly.

Child is slowly taken.

And the violence,

caused such silence.

Who are we mistaken?

But you see,

it's not me.

It's not my family.

In your head,

in your head,

they are fighting.

With their tanks,

and their bombs.

And their bombs,

and their guns.

In your head,

in your head,

they are crying

In your head,

in your head

Zombie,

zombie,

zombie-ie-ie.

What's in your head,

in your head.

Zombie,

zombie,

zombie-ie-ie,

oh.

Do, do, do, do

Do, do, do, do

Do, do, do, do

Do, do, do, do

Another mother's breaking.

Heart is taking over.

When the violence,

causes silence.

We must be mistaken.

It's the same old theme,

since nineteen-sixteen.

In your head,

in your head,

they're still fighting.

With their tanks,

and their bombs.

And their bombs,

and their guns.

In your head,

in your head,

they are dying.

In your head,

in your head.

Zombie,

zombie,

zombie-ie-ie.

What's in your head,

in your head.

Zombie,

zombie,

zombie-ie-ie.

__________________

Chara clapped when I finished. "Nice. I didn't know you could sing. Your pretty good." She complimented. I blushed.

"Thanks. I always enjoyed singing. I just don't do it too often anymore." I told her.

"The song sounded pretty sad. What was it about?" Frisk asked.

"The song speaks against violence. It brings up war and loss. I think it was created in response to the deaths of a group of people in a terrorist bombing. Terrorists are basically a group of bad people who go around causing fear and violence for some sort of cause. The cause can be about something like religion to political reasons." I explained.

"That's hits a bit close to home. Nightmare sounds alot like a terrorist. With him waging war and spreading fear to everyone in the multiverse." Flowey said.

"I think he's way past being just a terrorist at this point. He's at the level of evil mass dictator. He has pretty much taken over the whole multiverse. Plus, he doesn't really have a cause. He just want to feed off negativity. I kinda feel bad for anyone who works for him, they're just disposable pawns to him. I wouldn't be surprised if he brainwashed or blackmailed them to do his bidding. I wouldn't work for someone like that otherwise. And, with the level of negativity being near him would be, you wouldn't really be able to feel anything but depressed and angry." I tell them.

"You know I never really thought about what it would be like for his soldiers to work for him. You have a point though. You would have to be pretty desperate to work for him willingly. I know some Aus can be pretty bad, but to ally yourself with a being as evil as him...." Chara trailed off.

I was about to say something else when I felt as if I had been dunked in freezing water. *Gasp* I started shivering as I feel my corruption stirring. "What's wrong Catcher?" Frisk said concerned.

Chara felt my skull and hissed. "Your freezing! We need to get you bundled up!" Chara exclaimed.

I quickly shake my head holding my arms close for warmth. "N-no! W-we ne-need-d t-t-to es-escape! I-it's-s n-n-n-not-t s-s-safe!" I tell them. The bitties awaken at the feeling of my distress.

"What, why?!?!" Flowey asked, starting to panic. I'm about to answer when a massive wave of negativity floods the Au. Everything starts to darken. We look up and watch as the blue sky is consumed in blood red. The sun and clouds have gone black and sinister. I look back down and noticed the plants in the garden begin to wither and die. Frisk gasped. I quickly picked up the three bitties and stuff them into my shirt. I looked to the others.

"H-he's here."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.8K 921 51
My name is Dream, I have had a rough past and currently present. I have a son, his name is Palette. Ink, wasn't my boyfriend or husband, he 'needed'...
207K 11.7K 52
(Cover made by me!) (!Updates 1-4 times a monthΒ‘) You died by cracking your skull open as you walked out of the shower. Godamnit life!!! To die in th...
5.3K 357 10
"Please just... leave me alone..." Maybe that was the last straw for me, the last beating I could take before it finally kicked me off the edge. The...
119K 2.9K 20
Y/n L/n. A special human with a special SOUL. Yes, her Soul Trait is something new. But other than her SOUL trait she has another secret. One day, w...