Raider Red

By Arrowbolt5

"You belong wherever you chose to be." "If a bird choses to live in the ocean, it will drown." Red Bisho... More

Chapter 1: Agent Red
Chapter 2: The Bully Beater
Chapter 3: Change of Plans
Chapter 4: Suffering for Loyalty
Chapter 5: Keep Your Enemies Closer
Chapter 6: Detective Optimus Prime
Chapter 7: The Prime Lecture
Chapter 8: Too Many Emotions
Chapter 9: She Works for MECH
Chapter 10: Running back Home
Chapter 12: Desire
Chapter 13: My Enemy's Enemy
Chapter 14: Establishment
Chapter 15: Hypnosis
Chapter 16: Unchecked Rage
Chapter 17: Another Chance
Chapter 18: Request Accepted
Chapter 19: New Opportunities
Chapter 20: Old Acquaintances
Chapter 21: Lost Her Touch
Chapter 22: Short Reprieve
Chapter 23: The Useful One
Chapter 24: Prisoners of War
Chapter 25: Back in Business
Bonus Chapters: Alternative Chapter 23+

Chapter 11: Triple Ambush

52 6 3
By Arrowbolt5

Optimus and Smokescreen rode side-by-side, the two of them silent on their way back to their old base.

Without his equipment, Ratchet wouldn't be able to locate them, so the only way they had any chance of finding each other without purposefully exposing themselves to mankind would be to return to the MECH infested base.

Neither of them had any clue where they were, but eventually they'd have to find something familiar.

The only real threat that Optimus worried about was whether they'd be able to make it to base. Both him and Smokescreen were low on energon.

A distant, chopping sound was heard and Optimus slowed to a stop, looking around with dread as the sound grew closer.

A helicopter approached and Optimus tensed. MECH.

It circled them a few times before staying in place.

"It's following us until backup arrives." Smokescreen realized.

Optimus growled and transformed. "It can only follow one of us."

Smokescreen began to transform but Optimus held out his hand. "You are injured. Logically, they will follow me, so I will lead them away. Get as far away from here as possible."

"But what about you?" Smokescreen asked.

"I will be fine." Optimus assured him. "Now go."

Smokescreen hesitated before reluctantly turning back and speeding away, determined to find the Autobots so that they could help Optimus. Smokescreen himself was in no condition to be anything other than a burden.

Optimus narrowed his eyes at the helicopter and remained in place, refusing to pointlessly run from it. Being an aerial vehicle, it was far better suited for the chase.

Instead, he raised his blaster and shot at it. Instantly, the helicopter swerved to the side, avoiding each blaster expertly.

Optimus was reluctant to fire too quickly. If he lost too much energon, then there was no hope of surviving this.

On the horizon, multiple vehicles and helicopters began to approach. Optimus got into a battle stance. He would have to be fast and alert if he was to avoid their electric projectiles.

From behind him, a noise was heard and Optimus turned, almost sighing in relief at the sight of a groundbridge.

Wait.

Ratchet didn't have a groundbridge anymore.

Megatron himself stepped through, eyes gleaming victoriously at the Prime. "Why, Optimus, what a surprise it is to see you out here."

Optimus glared, but his determination grew at the sight of another enemy. Perhaps he was fated to die at the hands of MECH. But if Optimus was going down, he was taking Megatron with him.

"Your human allies?" Megatron asked, glancing at the helicopters and cars that were almost upon them.

"On the contrary..." Optimus lunged forward, jabbing his sword at the warlord.

Megatron grabbed Optimus arm and spun him around, roughly slamming the Prime into the dirt and pinning him down.

"That was easy." Megatron stated, his eyes narrowing as he observed Optimus.

The warlord's eyes landed on Optimus's neck cables, which were torn from the energon tubes. Megatron's eyes widened ever so slightly before an electric device slammed into his back.

Megatron roared and tried to rip it off, but he was unable to reach the device, as it was on his back.

Optimus tried to sit up, but the impact from Megatron slamming him down made the Prime even weaker, added to his severe energon loss. Optimus's arms buckled and he crumpled downward.

Megatron managed to shoot the device off of himself, but MECH was already surrounding them, their weapons pointed at both of them. Megatron was hit with two more and he fell to one knee.

Silas walked forward confidently with Red at his side.

Instead of focusing on Megatron, his eyes were on Optimus.

"Where is the other?"

Optimus glared. "You will never find Smokescreen."

His eyes narrowed and Silas's arm snapped outward, grabbing Red by her hair and yanking her to the side. Silas pressed his gun against her head and Red's eyes widened.

"Dad!?" She gasped. "What are you-?"

He smacked it into her temple, causing Red to cry out and crumple to her knees, only being head up by her hair. Optimus's chest tightened at the sound of her pain, despite knowing she had betrayed them.

"Where is the other Autobot?" Silas demanded.

Red started crying. "Dad! How could you!?"

"Shut up." Silas snapped, not losing eye contact with Optimus. "Where. Is. Smokescreen."

"I'll show you." Megatron suddenly lunged forward, somehow still conscious after being hit with three of the devices.

He almost hit Silas, but Red wrapped her arms around the man and tackled him to the ground. Instantly, the other MECH agents stepped forward and shot Megatron with multiple.

Megatron blacked out quickly.

Red and Silas stood, dusting themselves off.

Silas scowled. "We will find the location of your new base one way or another."

Optimus didn't think things could get more complicated, but suddenly the Autobots were charging through MECH lines.

Arcee, Bulkhead, and Bumblebee swiped through them easily, having the advantage of height, power, and surprise.

The humans erupted into chaos, shooting wildly and running around. Bulkhead reached Optimus and helped the Prime up.

"You okay?" He asked.

"I will be." Optimus replied, gritting his teeth.

Silas jumped, lunging into a helicopter and taking over the controls. Red was right behind him, about to grab the door when Arcee suddenly appeared.

"Oh, no you don't." Arcee snatched Red up, tearing her away.

Silas reached for his cannon, but the female Autobot had already moved on, running back to her leader with Red.

Silas looked around the growled. The battle was lost. He risked capture if he did not leave immediately.

With a snarl, the leader of MECH activated the helicopter and flew away.

A new groundbridge opened, surprising the Autobots.

Soundwave stepped through with Starscream at his side.

Starscream screeched, shooting his rockets at them blindly. The Autobots lunged away.

In the chaos, Soundwave had somehow managed to disappear entirely unnoticed. Megatron was gone with him.

Starscream ran back through the groundbridge once the Autobots began to return fire.

For a moment, everything was silent.

And then all eyes turned to Red.

▪️◾◼⬛◼◾▪️

Fowler paced back and forth, staring at Red the whole time. Everyone was overseeing the interaction, including the other kids, who were farther away for their protection.

Optimus and Smokescreen were watching, both of them newly refueled with energon.

"So you work for MECH." Fowler stated.

Red leaned back, her hands handcuffed and attached to the sides of the chair.

"Clearly."

Fowler scowled. "What do they want with the Autobots?"

"To use their biotechnology and build robots to destroy the Decepticons and take over the world." Red replied calmly.

Fowler paused, somewhat surprised at Red's honest answer.

"You're not going to lie to me?" He asked.

Red's face remained emotionless as she stared at him.

"What reason would I have to lie?"

Fowler crossed his arms. "Okay, where is the MECH base?"

"I don't know."

He glared. "Well, now you are lying."

"It was just built." Red pointed out. "You destroyed our last facility."

Fowler scowled. "What do you know that is useful to me."

Red paused and thought for a moment. "You should stop dieting. It clearly does not work and is only making you miserable."

Agent Fowler resisted the urge to smack her. His belly was a very sensitive topic.

"Also, your new base lacks even more security than the last." Red glanced around. "We could easily infiltrate this place."

"Why are you working for MECH?" Fowler demanded.

"Why wouldn't I?" Red asked. "MECH is saving the world."

"The world doesn't want to be saved." Fowler snapped.

"Because you're hiding the fact that it could be destroyed by an alien warlord from the people that you are supposed to protect." Red told him.

Fowler sat down in front of Red and leaned forward. "We're stopping a mass panic."

"You're taking away their rights."

Optimus stepped forward. "Silas is Victoria's father."

"WHAT!?" Fowler, Nurse Darby, and the child all exclaimed simultaneously.

"Well that makes this less complicated." Arcee stated, crossing her arms.

Bulkhead elbowed the femme. "We're not throwing her in jail."

"That wasn't my suggestion." Arcee replied.

This time Bumblebee hit Arcee's arm. "We're definitely not killing her."

Fowler looked at Red seriously. "Is Silas your father?"

Red leaned forward. "So what if he is?"

Agent Fowler shook his head. "I need to call General Bryce."

Red simply watched him with that pentrating, cold stare of hers.

The Agent stood up and left, pulling out his phone and going to his office to pace.

Red looked around the room.

Her eyes landed on Optimus's. The two of them regarded each other silently with unreadable expressions.

And then Optimus walked away.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.4K 120 13
In Age of Extinction, Optimus Prime is found by Cade Yeager, along with his daughter and her boyfriend. But in Trust Before Truth, Shane's sister is...
28.2K 1K 27
Rebecca Jane is a Lieutenant in the Air Force, stationed on a landing strip in the middle of canon near Jasper, Nevada. She is also a pilot. One day...
388K 10.5K 32
((Keep in mind that I wrote this years ago- so the writing is just cringe)) ---------- ((Child!Reader x Father!Optimus Prime)) ----------- "Hello, ch...
22K 609 28
Let's see where the road of both Pacific Rim and Transformers Prime leads my brain shall we? Koda Shank is a pilot. Though the Jaeger program was dis...