The Bad Boy and The Fangirl

By xxxshexxx

Laura. She's not the typical good girl, not the typical badass. She's anything but naive, has quite a dirty m... More

• A/N •
• Laura Woods || 1 •
• Chapter || 2 •
• Chapter || 3 •
• Chapter || 4 •
• Chapter || 6 •
• Chapter || 7 •

• Chapter || 5 •

259 16 12
By xxxshexxx

Dedicated to sweetblunch because her book saga - The Jealous Husbands Club - literally changed my life. One of the biggest reasons I'm so obsessed with everything Italian is thanks to her! If you do go ahead and read it, remember, Marco is mine. 😉

"Mornin' Laura, you're up early. Finally decided to clean that mess, did ya?" My mom asked, her head sticking through my half-opened door, a small smile playing on her lips.

"Yeah." I replied, smiling back. "Well then, I'll leave you to it, your father and I won't be seeing you till' dinner, so help yourself and your brothers to some takeout, alright?"

"Sure mom, bye." I sighed as she left, it felt good to finally have a decent looking room, but my arms and legs were aching, feeling like jelly.

After a few minutes of appreciating my now clean room, I took a shower and decided on wearing a pair of light denim jeans, white short-sleeved top and a thin cream-coloured turtleneck over it.

Pulling my damp hair into a tight ponytail - with a few strands falling out - I pulled my light grey ankle boots on, completing my look.

I kept my face makeup-free and headed downstairs for breakfast. I don't usually dress so nice for school, but considering my first day didn't turn out so well, I put some effort in for today.

Admit it, on the first day of a new school year, every teenager takes their time getting ready, making sure they look as perfect as they can, including you.

As I was descending down the staircase, my phone vibrated in my pocket, my special ringtone - specifically for Lexie and Isabelle - soon following suit.

It's a song called Dracula by Bea Miller. This song has been our anthem for six years.

As stupid as it sounds, I guess it describes each of us perfectly, or it did in middle school anyways.

I didn't bother seeing who it was, and answered. "Lau," Lexie's voice sounded, dangerously calm.

Oh dear, she's probably going to explode with some bad news in a few seconds. She always has the same approach.

"Yes?" I asked, whilst pouring some coco-pops in a breakfast bowl - just coco-pops. I personally don't like milk in cereal. Weird, yes. But in case you hadn't noticed, I am quite weird.

"You won't believe what happened." She stated, her tone unchanged, "What?" I asked, not at all curious.

"The Vamps are signing a stupid band with a stupid name called The Tide, it so stupid! Argh! Stupid! I can't deal with my life right now!" She screeched, making my ears go deaf.

I cringed at the volume she used, someone please help this girl. Lexie has a habit of overusing the word stupid every time she's pissed, stupid.

Also, have I mentioned Lexie's undying love for a band called The Vamps?

Well, if you've ever met Lexie, that's one topic she'll spend hours gushing about.

Personally, I don't like The Vamps, but Lexie doesn't need to know that, otherwise she'd have my head.

I heard Lexie sigh deeply on the other line, I could imagine her fidgeting and shaking her head in frustration.

I rolled my eyes. Over exaggerated fangirls. Before you call me a hypocrite, remember me mentioning two types of fangirls?

One being the crazy-everything-sci-fi-books-and-comic-con-obsessed-freak? Which is, if you've forgotten, me.

And the other, a social-media-tumblr-and-celebrity-obsessed-freak? That one is most definitely Lexie.

Lexie is also the preppy one in our group. With a good fashion sense, knowledge in fashion and brands, addiction with The Vamps and other bands and music, and a habit of being tumblr all the time, she can pull it off pretty well.

But she's not exactly what one would call, girly. Only partly. But then again, all three of us girls are a little girly, in our own ways.

"What am I going to do?" She managed to groan out, sounding tired.

"Erm, well, have you tried... Well, I don't know! Hey, could you pick me up? Please?"

"Whatever, be there in a few."

•••

Period one and two seemed to have passed quite quickly, uneventful. Now, it was recess, and I was currently devouring my pack of chips.

"Shopping, after school." Lexie stated, sounding determined.

"I have soccer practice, maybe later." Isabelle responded.

I frowned, trying to remember if I had anything on after school. I knew there was something, but, I think I forgot...

Oh, crap. "Sorry Lexie, Mrs Bankowski, being the lovely person she is, reminded me I have detention after school." I grumbled.

"God, she holds onto grudges the way Laura holds onto a book that she enjoys. And that's huge." Isabelle said, laughing, Lexie soon following after.

I rolled my eyes in response - I do that a lot - and carried on eating.

•••

I walked through the empty hallways, staring down at my feet and taking my time. I do not want to go to detention.

But eventually, I ended up in front of the classroom that Mrs Bankowski had told me to show up to.

I walked through the door, and was surprised to see a certain someone there.

Oh, perfect, Chance bloody Assante. I sarcastically thought. He gave me a smug smirk, and my mind drifted off to yesterday...

I stood there stupidly, as I gaped at the boy only metres away from me.

The house he was currently - so casually - leaning against, had been empty for years.

I heard that there'd be a new family moving in, but, him, of all people? Damn it.

I quickly stood up straight, and changed my expression from shock to one of boredom.

"Is that your new house?" I asked, my voice shaky. New house? Couldn't you come up with something better, you dumbass?

He lifted a perfectly arched eyebrow. "Excited, aren't you? You get to see me every day without even trying." He stated, that I'm-sexy-and-I-don't-care-about-life smirk still on his lips.

I unintentionally noticed how nice his voice sounded. It was smooth and velvety, deep - but not too deep - and masculine.

It sounded so good, I found myself wondering how my name would sound, coming from his lips.

Finally registering what he had said, I scoffed. "Get over yourself." I said, rolling my eyes in annoyance.

I thought for a moment, should I ask him?

Mustering up some confidence, I hesitantly asked if he drew on my face, with a permanent marker, in detention.

The simple thoughts made me want to strangle him. His reaction didn't help that much either.

He laughed, his head slightly thrown back and his body shaking from laughter.

Sobering up, he had the nerve to tease me about it - in a 'manly' way, of course.

"Well, you looked amazing, you made quite the clown online." He teased.

I frowned in confusion, what the hell does he mean by that? Only a few students noticed.

I didn't have the chance to dwell on my thoughts, because with a sly wink in my direction, Chance walked inside his new home, that annoying smirk still there.

I stood there stupidly for a few seconds, before I groaned frustratedly and headed to my room...

"Miss Woods? Miss Woods? Anyone in there?" I snapped out my thoughts at the voice calling me, it was Mrs Bankowski herself, looking quite annoyed.

"Sorry." I muttered, before taking a seat.

•••

"He did what?!" Both Lexie and Isabelle exclaimed over the phone, disbelief clear in the tones.

"I know," I gritted out. "What did I ever do to Chance?" I asked nobody in particular, burying my face into my pillow.

"Well, you could always get him back for what he did?" Isabelle suggested - more like asked.

"And how do you suppose I do that?" I asked. "Lau, tell me what he did, again." Lexie ordered, angry and confused.

I rolled my eyes, but obeyed nonetheless. "The idiot posted a photo of me with all those stupid drawings and writing on my face, on Facebook. That asshole!"

"Hold on, how would you know for sure that he did that? You don't even have him on social media." Isabelle pointed out.

"When I got out of detention, someone showed me the picture and I stalked his account. And now, I want to kill him!" I exclaimed.

"So many people commented on that photo! Goddamn." I audibly groaned.

I heard Lexie gasp. "I know! I got an idea, hear me out..."

•••

A/N

All Rights Reserved. © 2015 @xxxshexxx

Hello, lovely person. 😙

So sorry for the late update, had a writers block and exams. Tough week.

I hope this long chapter can make up for the late update though. 😋

No offence to any 'Tide' supporters, just something my friend had babbled about the other day. 😊

Don't forget to vote/comment/share, maybe even fan?

Instagram: _xxshexx_

Bye! 😏

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

363K 9.5K 32
Princess Marie, a renowned troublemaker of Paris has entered the Ton. Marriage, children and any prospect of love have always been a 𝘥𝘦𝘵𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘧...
16.8M 648K 64
Bitmiş nefesi, biraz kırılgan sesi, Mavilikleri buz tutmuş, Elleri nasırlı, Gözleri gözlerime kenetli; "İyi ki girdin hayatıma." Diyor. Ellerim eller...
4M 86.7K 62
•[COMPLETED]• Book-1 of Costello series. Valentina is a free spirited bubbly girl who can sometimes be very annoyingly kind and sometimes just.. anno...
39.6K 1.4K 19
To save her sister from a cruel marriage, sacrificed herself to the womanizer king.