The Simple Reality

By faltskogulvaeus

Continuing on from It's Just Fiction, the newly engaged couple move forward with life, love, and family as th... More

Fairytale Beginnings
Rules to Giving Up
The Wedding Planners
Bride(zilla) To Be
Surprise Arrangements
Those in the Middle
Good and Bad Decisions
The Undisclosed
Best Behavior
Slightly Unexpected
Surprises to Count
The Day Before
Down to the Last Hour
Twice Upon A Time
The Fifth of September
The Impatient Wife
Time Tweaking
Third Wheeler
Capsaicin
Red Effect
The Gifters and the Gifted
Jealous Eyes
Trilingual Conflicts
Trick of the Sweet
Not A Soul But Two
Finders Keepers
No Doubt About It
Bedtime Stories
Voyage Ahead
Distance, Resistance
Full Eclipse
Can't Stay Away
Signed, Björn Ulvaeus
Fever
Ex-Barber
Really, Really Good Friends
Overthinker's Club
The Pair Annoyed
Nation's Greatest Secret
Predictably Unpredictable
PRfect Covers
The Candidate
Björn på Cirkus
Never Been More Missed
Baby, Calm Down
The Irreplaceables
Mood Killer
On Hold
Sweetest Bear
The Villa Over Chania
00:00:00
A Pair of Thieves
Dinner Plans in Paradise
Fifty/Fifty
Sounds Like Insomnia
Decision Makers
Little Pains
Swap and Exchange
A + B = C
The Giving Hand
1:1
Where Do We Go From Here?

Everything to Say

254 13 13
By faltskogulvaeus

The blonde woman had woken up on that blue skyed morning to find herself buried face down and stretched on her belly in the most comforting manner. Her eyes had barely opened but she could hear from beside her the man she loved was already awake and slurping sips of the hot coffee he prepared himself. With shut eyes, her strongest senses were awoken— the feel of the room, the sounds amongst silence, and the scent of coffee making it to her side.

With her arm reaching, she tapped his side in a nudging manner. He didn't need to know what the matter was. The old man just knew it was about the pinging as well as the sound of ticking that was coming from his phone as he typed. Sounds of the morning with him had almost always begun that way, and she feared to ask just how early it was this time. It was always small movements or sounds that woke her, as light as they could be. The clink to the nightstand beside him was another one made as he set his cup down and then he turned to her.

"Asleep or awake?" he wondered gently.

"Both," she replied in a husky voice. "I don't even want to know what you have planned this early," Agnetha mumbled against her pillow. He couldn't help but laugh lightly at the statement.

"Nothing extra. Nothing to complain about. I reserved it for a quiet one. I woke you though, didn't I?" He was awake for about an hour now, figuring he'd check on things until she'd be awake. Her stretch was audible and it only came with a yawn, naturally. It was as if she was forcing herself to wake up, a tiring fight between her mind and her body.

"Do you think I'd actually be awake already if it weren't you to wake me?" Her eyes forced open to see that Björn chuckled back, seeing a bright smile draw along her face. Her cheeks were a rose color with a sleep mark on her left cheek, too. She could totally be asleep longer, he didn't need to ask.

Björn felt her turn over to face him, an easy 180, and she watched him calmly as he left the bed. When he had least expected, he heard her sleepy laugh as she began hugging an arm around his pillow now that it was free and he wondered what it was that made her smile like that. Couldn't be the sight of him in a plain T-shirt and boxers. She saw him that way nearly every day for the past three years.

"What?" he wondered. "You didn't leave a sticky note on my back that says 'spank me,' did you?" She rolled on her back and laughed more because that was so far from her mind.

"No," Agnetha giggled. "No. Don't give me ideas. I'm just thinking what happened yesterday... We actually did it." His smile was heard and it was just silence as she let her thoughts sink in. "I mean, we were working and thinking about it for so long and we finally did it. It's surreal. It just began for everyone, but at the same time it's over for us. Our big day, we made it past it. Our work is basically completed." Her smile was relaxed, satisfied and warm. Björn exhaled his laugh and walked back to the coffee machine again, making another cup, but this one he decided would be for her.

"Yeah, I almost can't believe it either. I read some articles just now. It's looking positive. So far," he smiled. "They can say the most unimaginable thing however, if they wanted to."

"I can't think of anything bad they can say," she thought. "It's amazing. Too incredible. What will they find to complain about now? That it's not really us?" she added sarcastically. "Well of course you'll never find me up there singing like I used to." He poured water in the machine and placed in the coffee as he listened to her, laughing at her comments. He knew they had a lot to share today, finally they could.

"Yeah... That's one. I think they might actually miss our silly, tight costumes this time," he winked at her.

"Ah... I was wondering why your abbatar looked different last night," she teased. "I almost didn't recognize you without the tight pants, darling." His eyes narrowed and he took her comment in. Well, she wasn't wrong, he laughed to himself.

Björn had made her the coffee she waited on, exactly the way she likes and by the time she had it she was a bit more awake. She was sitting for a while thinking to herself and watching him, seated at the red chair in front of the bed beside the windows. He read to her headlines, and read to her with little comments to which she answered with replies of her own.

"I'm still exhausted," she exhaled after a while, blinking with a set of drowsy eyes.

"Go back to bed... Well, a little while longer shouldn't hurt. But in case you want to say goodbye to Frida before she leaves..."

"I do want to. I don't wanna miss her leaving." There was a long pause before she continued. "I have to be fully awake before then. I feel like a zombie, I'll scare her to death." He had raised a brow at her, turning his head and his lips parting as they smiled for her.

"I've truly never seen a zombie as good looking as you." The blonde woman rolled her eyes as she walked beside him to pass through the restroom. She did not comment on his charming statement, just bunched up his tee from last night and had thrown it at his face. Would the man ever get a grip?

Out of habit she tidied the place first, putting their shoes on the side and folding their clothes neatly so that it wasn't in the way. Agnetha walked into the large bathroom of the suite, meeting to all her needs in order. She was busy brushing her teeth when she looked behind her in the mirror seeing Björn entering in after some minutes. His mind seemed to be set on the bathtub. He was leaned over tuning it to the the right temperature he wanted, causing a loud crash of the water falling into the tub to disturb the quietness of the bathroom.

It was as if he had read her mind. There wasn't a better way to relax after what they'd gone through the previous night. The premiere, the show, the after party, and oh yes, the after after party.

Soaking in the water first, his muscles relaxed in a way he'd not expected to feel so fast. The tub was full of water, he was already in, and she was still not in sight. He could hear her voice, however, and he overheard her conversation over the phone. Linda was most likely the one on the other end, and as far as he could reach, it must have been just a touching base type of call.

When Agnetha was back, she entered with him without invitation. Her spot in that tub was already assigned and she settled exactly where she was meant to be, with her back against his chest. She let the warmth and the water caress the surface of her body as she melted in.

"What did Linda need?" he spoke, against her blonde hair.

"Nothing. I'm the one who called her." Of course she did, he laughed. "But I told her that we're here for a little while, having coffee, taking in the morning for a bit and—"

"Did you tell her we are sharing the bathtub too?" he chuckled.

"No. I am not like you," she replied. "That is something only you would do."

"No," he laughed at her sarcasm. "No, I wouldn't do that," he denied.

"You're right. Four times a week is a little lighter to talk about." She could feel he was flustered at her jokes. He wanted to laugh, but could not defend himself. Her hands pulled his arms around her body, and she turned into his neck to laugh almost feeling bad. "I'm sorry, I'm kidding. I'm kidding."

His 'yeah, yeah' were the last words spoken for a good period of time. It was reflected in conversations that they both understood the significance of silence, the peace it created and often times, their lives needed that every now and then. Sometimes it was loud at home. Sometimes chaotic. And at times, peace was simply longed for.

"I think I've given you enough time," he broke the silence.

"What for?" she wondered before he was finished.

"I want to know what you really think of the show and everything else in between."

"What more can I say? You know what I thought. I told you– it's amazing and I loved it."

"Give me a bit more." She thought for a bit.

"We look good," she smirked.

"Us or the abbatars?"

"Well, both." Really, she meant the abbatars.

"You look as handsome as always." She laughed, "Even if your beard's missing." He playfully locked his arms around her tighter and nuzzled his face to hers, mumbling to her at the same time. Her body slumped back against him in a calm, relaxed matter as her mind gathered words to add more. "I liked how real it felt. It's odd that it's us but we're not really up there," she laughed. "It's like looking in the mirror... but finding I look younger. If only that could be what I see looking in a real mirror."

"I couldn't say the same for me," he replied laughingly, causing a grin.

"I loved the crowd, too. Seeing the reactions makes it more rewarding. And I started to think half way in the show... when we first started, we never intended for anything more than just having fun singing together... but how big of an impact we've become..." she spoke, slowly building her thoughts as she toyed with his fingers under the warm water. "It got me emotional thinking of it in the middle of the show. We really did something big. And I'm so happy we came back to make another album."

"It is crazy," he added. "I don't know why us. Why is it we have all this success? I think of it every now and then but I will never know why."

"Sometimes it's better not knowing why. It's another mystery, a big wonder. Another one of those questions that doesn't have an answer and perhaps never will."

"Yeah," he smiled, finding her turning her head and beginning to gaze at his lips and eyes. Her relaxed smirk had him lost comfortably. "Anything else?"

"Of course there's more I have to say."

And she went on. She'd talked to him things not about the show, beginning from the moment they stepped out of the hotel, to the red carpet, the interviews and trailer, to the seating and after party. They were all details, details that no one would really notice, or perhaps details that would easily be forgotten about. Some things were just minimal actions she observed, but because it was her and she interpreted things in her own way.

Björn found that she had a lot more to say than he predicted, and it made him laugh as he took in all her thoughts and words. She did not forget to ask questions, like who was who, why things were a certain way, and she made mental connections after putting a face to certain people. She questioned some things more than others but by the end of it, they seemed to be on the same page. A lot was clarified, own personal questions answered based on the events, and comments made about new things they learned.

Agnetha rested her head on his arm and looked at him, to which he met her with the same loving glance. Their faces were both clear in the light of the morning filling the room. Charming blue eyes were stuck on his lips and reading those eyes, he'd done the same before softly pressing kisses to her. His hands were expected to be a wander, one curling against her neck and the left across her torso with fingertips brushing across things he loved. It was nothing that surprised her in the movement; she'd be more surprised if he didn't.

The two were lost within themselves that morning, nothing else to think of for a while. Touches were inevitable, and the feelings it produced were destined. Björn saw her eyes darken like the ocean when she pulled away from his lips. It was clear she didn't really want to separate but they had other things in their day to do, and people they'd eventually have to go out and talk to.

Oh, it could wait. It certainly could wait. What seconds were lost, minutes dissolved into the past. Her lips were bit down on parting from him, but she did not go far. Not because she was satisfied or not. He just couldn't find a reason good enough to not continue the way they were.

"You should go have breakfast with them," she sighed in between the clash of his mouth and hers. Her voice was husky to him, but whatever she said he just hummed to, and continued to kiss her the way he was, loosely and softly going from her lips and across her cheek when she turned her head. She knew she had to be the one to do it. He never had it in him.

"If I have breakfast with them, then I miss breakfast with you," he said quietly and seductively into her ear, letting his words cause a blush against her face. Her eyes began to flutter like madness as she relaxed more in his arms.

"Really?" she laughed sarcastically. "Are we having breakfast?" Agnetha asked. "I bet, you've not scheduled or even made a call to order before getting in here." His chuckle was deep, emerging as he brought his head back against the white tub and his hands relaxing from their grip to grasp at her sides.

"I don't know about you, but I am having my breakfast." She turned back and looked over her shoulder to see him, and what he could see was a woman he was madly in love with. Blonde hair tied up, a smirk intrigued, and eyes in question.
"I'll have something brought up again."

"But for them... when I talked to Linda she was waking them up to have them get ready for breakfast."

"And you know exactly how long the girls take to get ready," he reminded Agnetha. "I will arrange for lunch." He waited for her approval though they both knew it was bound to be that way by now. It was more than 8:30, there wasn't a question in that. By the time they'd be out of the water and they'd have time for breakfast, get dressed, meet Frida, and then he'd be off for lunch with the kids. It became like a mental note taking process.

Agnetha had moved back from him, turning around to face him with her back to the other wall of the tub. She was silent as was he, seated in that overly bubbly water, with their minds both working. One a little faster than the other. The bathtub had them think clearly.

Well, more or less.

"Maybe you should call Marc," she suggested.

"I should what?"

"I think he did so much for us," she supported with her elbows rested on each side of the tub. One leg of hers laid above his and the other one had a foot settled on his thigh, pressing in gently as she talked. It was more out of habit than anything else, and to him it was a pleasing massage to his muscles. It almost was like a distraction, but he wasn't sold yet. "I just feel that we should acknowledge him more," Agnetha explained. "I don't know. Especially to arrive back with the team and me—"

"Agnetha, baby, you say it like he isn't thrilled to be the one to do that." She made a small expression that plead him to not go there.

"I just mean he was a support and I think it's good to thank him again, maybe just calling him... or whenever we see him." There was another kneading press into his leg again and again. He was lost and out of focus until it realized it was her movement. He palmed her foot and relieved his leg from the pressure, but it was like he quickly missed feeling it, not even a second later.

"Yeah," he went on, a tone a bit high and sarcastic as he was missing her point. His thumb pressed into the center of her foot, causing an immediate jerk. It was like a pressure point and a tickle within one action. "And I've acknowledged him and thanked him last night as we left... Should I take him out to dinner and have him join me for coffee the next morning, too?" He watched her relaxed and jittery in one body, shaking her head and laughing at his comment. Her lip was bit, eyes were rolled and a finger of hers moved a long strand falling over her face from her bangs. The pressure on her foot did everything it needed to. How he read her mind like he knew what she needed.

"No, I'm just saying," she smiled. "One more thank you doesn't hurt." He stared at her with questions and she straight back at him, confidently. It was like a contest now, though a pointless one.

Did he want to? Definitely not. Was she right? Well, she wasn't wrong. Could he bring it out of him? With a huff escaping his chest, it was declared a yes. He couldn't say no to her. And if she had a really good reason, she'll convince him. It'll take her a few more nudges about the topic before he does it though. That's one thing he knew for certain.

The rest of the morning had seen things become more active in the room. The two were dressed. Breakfast was brought up. Communication became constant with people outside of their bubble. And those kids, they were finally prepared. They had agreed for lunch considering it would be the time that'd work best for all. It gave Björn enough time for his own thing, and for him and Agnetha to both see Frida and Henry before their checkout.

That day passed quicker than the family would realize. Somehow time passed with the kids being out in London during the afternoon, with Agnetha spending the rest of the day with her sister, and both of them binge watching the rest of her Netflix series. When they were reunited, the family found themselves invested more and more in news and headlines, accidental or because of curiosity. It was the only occasion they ever would.

They all watched TV to catch replays and broadcasts of the premiere from entertainment channels, with their own comments on things they saw, some coming from Agnetha or her sister, and then hearing the youngest members jump into the same conversation.

There was one missing from this interesting discussion, and that was the man who would have most liked to hear it all. However this time, it would simply have to wait. This man was due to be at Voyage once again for the show's official public opening.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.3K 504 24
STEAMY CHAPTERS. For MATURE AUDIENCES ONLY. 18+ We follow the love life of one Ms.Zolaj as she drives herself into meaningful/meaningless entanglemen...
14.5K 489 17
She opened her eyes and found that her family is still there. With space in hand,she will find her family,abuse fake friend ,fight zombies and stand...
776 72 6
Join me on this journey of Vivaan and Avni to see them fall in love and face the various obstacles that come in their way. Copyright © 2024 freelanc...
184K 5.7K 135
This book contains both the first book Chapters 1-101 and then book two Chapters 102- onwards. I hope you all like this! ⚠MENTIONS OF ABUSE THROUGH...