One Shot Series ❤️

By soulful_scribbler

There is only one happiness in this life , TO LOVE AND TO BE LOVED ❤️ Every story has its own emotions. But t... More

A magical love story 💕
What Are We 🤍
What Are We 🤍🤍
What Are We 🤍❤️🤍
Little secret 😉
Little Secret 😉 - 2
Little Secret 😉 -3
Strangers 🤔
Mine 💫
Mine 💫 2
Mine 💫 3
Miracle 💫
Cute fight 😉
Bound by Love
Kadhaipoma💕
Destiny 🖤
You could call it love 😉
Love Game
En Kanmani ❤️
Love triangle -1
Love Triangle -2
Kadhal Sugamanathu
The Talk
Love struck
Mehabooba-1
Mehabooba-2
Mehabooba-3
Mehabooba-4
Comrade
Coffee mudhal Kadhal varai -1
Coffee Mudhal Kadhal Varai -3
Coffee Mudhal Kadhal Varai -4

Coffee Mudhal Kadhal Varai -2

905 99 98
By soulful_scribbler

Shriya's eyes widened in shock when she came to know that he was the owner of the cafe. She felt extremely embarrassed for what she did.

"I... I am sorry..." Shriya apologized to him.

"Hey it's okay! There's nothing to be sorry for." Nikhil told her with a smile.

"I misunderstood that you're also a customer here. Tomorrow is the last day for submitting the project and I was too tensed to think straight. My friend also went out with her boyfriend ignoring me... That's why.."

"I can understand Ms. Shriya! You don't have to reason me."

"I'll take your leave..." Shriya told him hesitantly as she didn't know what else to do.

"Hey wait!" Nikhil called her and she looked at him in confusion.

"What are you going to do with your project?" Nikhil asked her.

"I don't know..." Shriya sighed sadly. "It was my friend's responsibility to do this and she dragged me in at the last moment. Now I have to go to another coffee shop or a restaurant to find someone. Our project is based on how introverts behave in a crowded environment especially when they are alone."

"Why don't you ask those questions to me?" Nikhil asked and Shriya was surprised to hear it.

"How can you..." She started but he stopped her.

"Until you knew that this was my cafe, you were thinking that I am one of those introverts right? Coincidentally, I am also an introvert who loves to travel alone and observe people." Nikhil told her and a faint hope started spreading in her heart hearing him.

"See its already late and how many places you would visit alone to find a handsome guy like me ?" He said and her eyes widened.

"I was just kidding!" Nikhil laughed and she felt a bit relaxed.

"You may have other works..." Shriya said as she thought it was the best idea to interview him rather than searching for another stranger.

"I guess your interview won't take much time. I'm free right now." He replied with a smile .

"But I do expect something in return from you!" Nikhil told her.

"What is that?" Shriya asked him back.

"You've come to my cafe, and you're gonna interview me. I would be happy if you order something from her and let me know how it tastes." He said and Shriya grinned at him.

"I am actually very hungry! I thought of having something after the interview. So tell me what's the best thing you serve here and I will have that itself afterwards."

"Let's have the interview after you eat. We serve the best filter coffee and vannila muffins here. If you are okay with that, I'll bring that for you."

"I haven't heard of a modern coffee shop selling filter coffee."

"That's why I have included that here. Something unique na?!"

"Definitely! I'll have that itself." Shriya told him with a smile. He called one of the waitress and asked her to bring the order. Shriya started preparing for the interview in the meanwhile.

Once her coffee arrived, she took a sip of it and fell on love with its taste. He was indeed right! That was the best filter coffee that she had ever tasted. After taking her sweet time in finishing the coffee and muffins, she got back to her business.

Nikhil made her feel comfortable and answered to her questions jovially.

"Thank you so much Nikhil. If it wasn't you, i would have  gone through a lot of trouble." Shriya thanked him heartily.

"No mention Shriya! I had a great experience in talking to a future psychologist. Maybe if I need any counselling, I would approach you." Nikhil replied with a smile.

"Haha!! You were right! Your filter coffee tasted so good! I may come her often just for it!"

"Always welcome!" Nikhil smiled and Shriya left from the coffee shop.

••••••••••••

"What are you thinking wifey?" Nikhil asked as he sat on the seat opposite to Shriya.

"About us! Our first meet here." Shriya replied with a nostalgic smile.

"Aahan! Feels like just yesterday right?"

"Yeah.. almost two years have passed."

Nikhil took her right hand and kissed it making Shriya blush.

"It's getting late for me. I have packed your lunch and i had mine at home itself. My appointments will be over by 6:30."

"Okay wifey! And today I won't be late like yesterday. I've booked tickets for 7:30 show and I will come to pick you up."

"Okay bye hubby! See you in the evening." Shriya smiled and went to her office which was situated a few buildings away from his coffee shop.

Nikhil went to his cabin and opened his lunch box. There was a note stuck on top of the box which made him smile wide.

Cooked with love by your love ♡

His mind went back to their second meet at his cabin. 

•••••••••

One fine evening Shriya went inside Nikhil's coffee shop with her friend Tanya. They had already booked a table the previous evening. Shriya had pleaded the manager to allow them to use the cafe for a small surprise. If Nikhil was there, it would have been easy for her. But he wasn't in town the previous evening so she had to interact with the manager.

Now she and her friend started decorating the table along with the help of a few waitresses. They lit up scented candles and hung red balloons with a hoarding saying sorry. Nikhil entered the cafe and was surprised to see the decorations around.

"What's happening here?" Nikhil asked his manager.

"Sir I told you yesterday right, a college student came here and requested for a surprise event... They're here now. This is for them." His manager explained him.

"And she said that you know her..." He added.

"Who is that?" Nikhil asked him curiously.

"She's there." He pointed at Shriya who was busily arranging everything.

Nikhil was surprised to see Shriya. He went to his cabin.

After arranging everything, Shriya called someone and a guy entered the coffee shop in ten minutes. He was shocked as well as surprised to see Tanya there along with the decorations. Shriya decided to leave the couple alone and that's when she noticed that Nikhil was in his cabin. So she decided to talk to him.

"May I come in?" Shriya asked Nikhil as she opened the door.

"Hey hi! Come in!" Nikhil invited her in with a smile.

"I hope I didn't disturb you."

"No Shriya. Take your seat."

"Actually I came here last evening to talk to you...but you weren't here, so I informed everything to your manager "

"Yeah, my manager told me that you were asking for a table with some specific decorations. Is that for a birthday surprise?" Nikhil asked her curiously.

"No Nikhil. It's for my best friend's boyfriend. They both had a fight recently and he didn't seem to be convinced with her apology... So we decided to give this surprise for him." Shriya told him with a grin and her smile diminished on seeing Nikhil's frown.

"What happened?" She asked him.

"All these for an apology?" He asked her back.

"Yes... I told your manager about this. He said you would be fine..."

"No no... I don't mean that "

"Then?" She asked him confused.

"I don't know whether I'm crossing my boundaries, Shriya. But is this your idea of love?" Nikhil asked her softly.

"Pardon?"

"Like these expensive gifts, grandeur apology, cosy dates?" He asked her and Shriya was lost in thoughts.

"I don't know... When my friend said that she wants to do something special for him, i agreed to it. She told me that her boyfriend wasn't ready to accept her apology... So..."

"Tell me this Shriya. Have you ever seen your dad taking your mom out for special dinners or buying her expensive gifts just for the sake of an apology? Or have you seen your mother doing something like this instead of saying a heartfelt sorry?" He asked her and she nodded her head negatively.

"So does that mean that your parents don't love eachother?" He asked and she looked at him shock.

"Nooo"

"True love doesn't need any expensive gifts or grand surprises. Just a heartfelt talk with a cup of coffee can solve any serious problem in life." Nikhil explained her calmly.

"Is that why you opened a coffee shop?" She asked cheekily making him grin as well.

"Thanks for making me understand, Nikhil!"

"Pleasures mine!" Nikhil smiled and she left his cabin.

•••••••

Nikhil's mobile rang and  shook him out of his thoughts. He attended the call with a smile.

"Hey Swetha! What a surprise. How are you?" Nikhil asked the other person.

"I'm fine Nikhil! How are you doing?" Swetha asked him back.

"I'm doing good! May i know the reason for your surprise call?"

"Day after tomorrow is my daughter's first birthday! You and Shriya have to come without fail." Swetha invited him happily.

"Aahan! Your sister already made plans for her little niece's birthday. "

"Then why did you ask me as if you didn't know anything?"

"Just to pull your legs, Swetha! We both will be at your home tomorrow evening." Nikhil told her with smile and they ended the call.

••••••••

Around two years ago....

Shriya walked into her uncle's house happily because her cousin was getting married in two days. It was supposed to be an engagement but at the last moment they decided to have the wedding straight. She didn't know the exact reason for this hurry.

She went to her cousin Swetha's room and found her lost in thoughts.

"Hey kalyana ponne!" Shriya called her and hugged her. Swetha stiffened due to the sudden hug.

"What happened Swetha?" Shriya asked her in concern.

"Wedding jitters babe. That's it " Swetha smiled sadly.

"Are you sure that it's just wedding jitters? Are you hiding something from me?"

"No Shriya! Everything is happening so fast na..."

Shriya agreed to it half heartedly. Swetha's mother came to the room and asked Shriya to take rest for a while as she had long journey. When she was about to leave, Swetha hugged her tightly and kissed her forehead.

"No matter what happens... I will always be your sister, Shriya!" She said and Shriya was confused by her wierd act.

Brushing away her thoughts, Shriya went to her room and slept for a while. But within two hours her sleep was disturbed by  loud voices coming from outside her room. Curiously she woke up and went out to find her mother consoling her aunt,who was crying. Her uncle was angrily walking in the hall, while her dad and other relatives looked at him worriedly.

"What are we going to do now? Where she would have gone? Where can we go and search for her now?" Shriya heard a voice from the group.

"Search? She left this house disrespecting everyone and you talking about going and search her?" Swetha's father roared angrily.

"Maa .. what is happening here?" Shriya whispered to her mother not understanding anything.

"You sister ran away with her boyfriend!" Swetha's father screamed at her.

"What?" Shriya asked in shock.

"She stepped out of his house and no one dares to talk about her here anymore! We need to save our family's honour now!"

"What are we going to do?" Someone asked and Swetha's father looked at Shriya for a few seconds.

"Shriya is going to marry the same groom to save our family's honour!" He declared to everyone.

To be continued.
Please do vote and share your reviews.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.6M 150K 59
This is a story of two perfect strangers entangled in the bond of marriage. After marriage, they both believed they are not meant for each other unti...
657K 72.1K 107
An Ashaangi FF 💜
20.1K 1.4K 7
#8 in Romance-friendship out of 14.2k on 19th August 2022 This is going to be set of short stories requested by readers ... .....it will be totally f...
499K 41.6K 99
Love.... the lil unknown secret psychology it holds is, for every heart that longs for love, there is another beautiful heart already longing to show...