Duke's wife

By _ittefa_

Grace was a disgrace to the Alberton family, who has been blessed with magical abilities for generations. Her... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Back From The Dead
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73

Chapter 74

425 18 2
By _ittefa_

❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅ ❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅

At that moment, Sally said that the former Duke and Duchess Felix died at the same time.

Is it simply an unfortunate coincidence that the husband is killed by a shapeless arrow exactly at the same time when the wife dies giving birth to a child? Moreover, the behaviour and actions of her father, Duke Alberton, after investigating the two deaths.

It was difficult to rule out the possibility that magic was involved in this work. Arthur refuses to consider the possibility at all, but she thinks differently.

Perhaps its time when she must tell Arthur about the contents of Duke Albertons notebook. With that thought in mind, Grace spoke to Sally first.

Im sorry I asked you again about what you already told me, Sally.

No, its all right. Do you have anything else to ask?

No. Thank you.

If you have any other questions or need anything else, please feel free to let me know.

Upon hearing Graces thanks, Sally immediately understood the meaning of those words, bowed deeply and went out of the drawing-room.

The door closes, and now its just the two of them in the drawing-room. Arthur asked Grace, who had sent Sally out sooner than he thought.

Did you ask Sally enough?

No, I still have a question, but.

Then shall I call Sally back inside?

No. You dont have to. What Im going to talk about now is, Arthur, I just want only you and me to know, thats why I sent her out on purpose.

Just me and you?

To Arthur who asked with a puzzled face, Grace lightly nodded her head and said.

Yes. Actually, just like you, I thought it was nothing like a fairy tale, and that it was ridiculous that there exists magic through which a man could bring someones life back by connecting his own life with that persons life. But I cant help thinking about it because of the insinuation my father, Duke Alberton, made about your parents death in his notebook that I stole from Alberton Castle.

Did Duke Alberton mention magic directly? Did my father bring my mother back to life?

Arthur asked, looking at Grace with astonished eyes.

Grace put her index finger to Arthurs lips, who involuntarily raised his voice in surprise, and then quietly continued.

Im sorry, but please lower your voice. Or else there is no benefit in letting Sally go.

Im sorry. But is that really true? Did Duke Alberton really write those words in his notebook?

He didnt mention clearly that your father saved your mother by magic. However he found an ancient magical pattern that he couldnt interpret on your mothers, Duchess Eileens, body, he mentioned that it seemed to be some kind of a curse.

..A curse, you say.

Yes. And exactly six months after that record, my father wrote that he had uncovered the truth about the magic. And he reported it to His Majesty the Emperor, who was pleased with it. In addition .

What else did he say?

As Grace continued to talk with a dark face, Arthur, whose face grew serious at the same time, spoke as if timidly. And Grace replied to him with a complex look.

My father rejoiced that he could use the magic to secure enormous power from the imperial family. That sentence was filled with endless joy and greed. Its like he doesnt even care about your father and mothers misfortune.

.

So I cant shake my conviction that that nonsense must have happened. If your mothers miraculous survival and their unfortunate deaths were not linked to any magical power, then what ancient magic did my father find in your mothers body? And what did he find out about that power? Any suggestions that use that power to satisfy the emperors heart?

Grace was anxious, recalling the completely unconvincing situations, the still unclear truth, the insidious plans of her father, Duke Alberton, behind it, and the possibility that it might bring her, Arthur, and Leon unforeseen misfortunes.

The truth is elusive, and clues continue to be endowed but unclear. She was walking on a cliff covered with fog and couldnt see an inch ahead.

So when Grace unknowingly spoke in a furious voice, Arthur embraced her with a face of embarrassment and guilt.

Calm down. Yes? I was stupid. It was something that my wife had a hard time finding out, but my wife, who is wiser and knows more about magic than me, must have vaguely figured it all out. Im sorry for making judgments and conclusions based on my short knowledge.

No. Arthur, you dont need to apologise. I, too, would never have imagined it if I hadnt found my fathers notebook, and if I hadnt listened to Sally.

Also, she would never have been able to find out if it wasnt for those fantasies that suddenly took over her mind.

Grace also vowed to find out where those fantasies were coming from and whether it was the true nature of the reality of the curse that had been placed on her.

Everything seems irrelevant at first glance, but they are intertwined in a close causal relationship* created by God. Grace leaned her head in Arthurs arm, vaguely convinced that the vision must also have something to do with the ancient magic that was discovered on the body of the former Duchess of Felix.

[*T/N: If there is a causal relationship between two things, one thing is responsible for causing the other thing.]

Arthur said while hugging Grace, who was digging into his arms.

No, my wife, you have to accept my apology. I was foolish to petty your words.

Arthur.

Maybe I was afraid. To face the fact that there is magic or curse involved in the deaths of my father and mother, and that behind them lies a conspiracy devised by a man on whom its hard to even dare to take my revenge with my strength.

Its natural to feel that way. According to my fathers records, the imperial family and your cousin are involved in this. If anyone is betrayed by their blood relatives, they dont want to believe it. Just like I did.

As Grace replied in a bitter voice, recalling the first time she had died, Arthur gently took her off slightly from his arms. Then Arthur looked into her beautiful eyes and said affectionately.

Right. With that said, I, a coward, tried to avoid the situation again. If I pretend I dont know, then Ill be just thinking that if I live quietly as a cursed monster duke, everything will be fine.

Arthur, dont say that. You are not a monster.

Yes. I will not avoid it anymore. Just as you have ventured to reach the truth for my parents, for me and Leon, I will also actively approach the secrets of the curse they have placed upon me and the truths entangled in my parents deaths.

Yes. Thats what we will do.

Grace responded, gently stroking Arthurs face as he looked down at her tenderly.

After that, Arthur smiled sweetly like honey. And he stared at Graces blue eyes, who were looking at him with eyes full of love just like him.

Eventually, the two slowly approached closer to each others faces and slowly closed their eyes as if they had made a promise. Little by little, the lips of the two who were closing the distance met.

───※ ·❆· ※───

After a warm time in the drawing-room, Grace parted ways with Arthur, who was busy with the castle office, and had dinner together with Leon as promised.

Arthur, who had been busy with work and said he barely made time for lunch due to work, was unable to attend dinner. It was a pity, but Grace didnt show it.

For Leon, who must have been quite surprised by what happened at lunch, she put down all noble etiquettes and formalities and enjoyed a dinner alone with Leon.

Grace and Leon laughed like crazy at each others jokes and jests, and the servants and maids who looked sideways also covered their mouths and laughed at the harmonious appearance of the two being together as a family.

In that way, at a long table where 30 people can sit comfortably, the two finished their meal by sharing sweet desserts while keeping their chairs close enough to each others shoulders.

Today was so much fun!

Really? If Leon had fun, would we eat together like this from time to time?

Not often, but eat it every day!

Okay. As long as Leon isnt busy, Im always happy with it.

After a period of not knowing whether it was a meal or a game, Grace and Leon left the banquet hall and chatted about the pleasant dinner.

Grace smiled affectionately, stroking Leons red cheeks, which were flushed with joy, and Leon was happy to enjoy the friendly touch.

Madam, its time for Sir Leon to go to bed.

At that moment, Leons nanny spoke cautiously to the two of them.

Grace frowned at those words and turned her eyes to check the time. As she said, it was time for Leon to go to bed. Grace said while stroking Leons hair who was holding onto the hem of her dress with a sullen face.

Leon, good night and sleep well then, see you tomorrow, okay?

Yes! Good night.

Leon couldnt finish his fun time with Grace properly like this, so he waved to Grace with a sad face.

[T/N: Awwww. ヾ(ω')o]

❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅ ❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

225K 3.7K 59
𝐈𝐍 π–π‡πˆπ‚π‡ π–¬π–Ίπ—‚π—Œπ—‚π–Ύ 𝖦𝗋𝖾𝖾𝗇, 𝖺 𝗐𝖾𝗅𝗅-π—„π—‡π—ˆπ—π—‡ π–Όπ—ˆπ—‡π—π–Ύπ—‡π— π–Όπ—‹π–Ύπ–Ίπ—π—ˆπ—‹ π—‚π—Œ 𝖽𝖾𝗆𝖺𝗇𝖽𝖾𝖿 π—π—ˆ 𝗉𝖺𝗋𝗍𝗇𝖾𝗋 𝗐𝗂𝗍𝗁 𝖬...
405K 17K 123
SYPNOSIS Reading Purifying Love made Rachelle D'magiba feel very insulted. The ending that the author had written didn't go well with her expectation...
1.2M 86.1K 23
#Book-2 in Lost Royalty series (But can be read standalone ) Ekaksh Singh Ranawat The callous heartless , sole heir of Ranawat empire, which is spr...
272K 13.7K 41
Ruby King is your average young woman who is starting to attend college full time. Everything is going great until she notices that there seems to be...