Most Valuable Parent (MVP #1)

By holl1e27

Pro hockey star, Christian Brooks, has everything he ever needed as a starting forward Right Winger, and a th... More

Coming October 31, 2022
SYNOPSIS & AUTHOR'S NOTE
CHARACTER AESTHETICS
Prologue
1 - My World
2 - Enemy #1
3 - Dirtbag Fiancé
4 - Girl Time
5 - Mama Knows Best
6 - Pricks and Stones May Break My Bones
7 - Dear Ethan, I Hate You
8 - Girls Night In
9 - Game Day
10 - My Girlfriend For Five Minutes
11 - Vivi = Bitch
12 - Distance
13 - Exhausted
14 - Coffee Dates
15 - Surgery
16 - Recovery
17 - Sisters and Misters
18 - Grilled Cheesus
19 - Follow Up
20 - Bachelorette Party
21 - My Best Friends' Wedding
22 - My Best Friends' Wedding, Part II
24 - Emotionally Yours
25 - Physically Mine
26 - Tangled
27 - Mama Approved
28 - Good Taste in Music
29 - Kidnapper
30 - Christmas in 60 Degree Weather
31 - My Girlfriend the Cowgirl
32 - My Boyfriend the Famous Hockey Player
33 - Crazy
34 - My Daughter
Epilogue I
Epilogue II
BONUS CHAPTER - Hubba Hubba Baby
BONUS CHAPTER - Crisp October Mornings
BONUS CHAPTER - Baby's First Christm- *Hockey Game
BONUS CHAPTER - Ours
BONUS CHAPTER - On the Road
Most Valuable Playmaker

23 - Hungover at a Baby Shower

35.3K 876 72
By holl1e27

That Should Be Me - Justin Bieber

"Rough night?" Elsie asks as I walk through the door of their house.

I grunt in response, shoving the present, that I so graciously got her, in her hands.

"The guys are in the game room." She says, nodding towards the basement door.

"Thanks." I mumble, walking past her.

"Emery! I didn't think you'd still be here." I hear Elsie says as I head down the stairs.

"Jesus, you look like shit too." Ryan says as I walk over towards the leather couch.

"Shut up fucker." I say, plopping down next to James.

"Party a little too hard last night?" Luke Richards asks, sitting down on the couch with a drink in his hand.

"Who the hell throws a baby shower in the morning anyways? Also, I didn't think that a baby shower was a guy thing to be honest." I say, lazily laying my arms on the back of the couch on either side of my head.

"First of all, it's 11:30. Second, Elsie wanted us here, and I wasn't arguing with that woman. I know better. And you should too." James says, pointing at me.

"You at least got any coffee?" I grumble.

"I think there's some upstairs. If not, you can make some." James says and I nod, pushing off of the couch.

I start to head up the stairs when James yells after me, "Bring me some, will ya?"

"We'll see." I yell back.

I really didn't feel like puking again.

"When are you leaving?" Elsie's voice echoes through the kitchen as I make my way towards the espresso machine.

"Our flight leaves at six, tonight." Nora answers.

Brinley laughing catches my attention as I turn to see her talking to Easton Maxwell, our goalie. He leans against the wall, looking down at her as she nods her head. "That sounds fun." I hear her say, placing her hand on his arm, making me want to immediately pull it off.

"I'll pick up you up at seven?" He asks.

He's taking her on a date?!

"Sounds good. Here, let me give you my number." She says, pulling out her phone.

"Looks like you waited too long." Ryan says, patting me on the back.

I internally punch him in the face. "Shut up." I grumble, turning around and walking over to the counter.

"Hey Christian!" Emery says and I give her a tight smile.

"Did you have fun last night?" Nora asks, looking over at me.

"Yeah."

"Clearly." Brinley says, walking over to us. "You look like shit."

"Well you don't look much better." I state.

Even hungover she looked beautiful. But, I wasn't in a good mood right now.

"You're so kind." She says, popping a grape in her mouth.

"Yep." I say, pouring James and myself some coffee.

"What, no snarky comment back?"

"Nope. Maybe Maxwell can give you one." I say, turning around and walking away.

I knew it was petty but, I couldn't help it.

"What was that about?" I hear Elsie ask.

"No idea." Brinley replies.

Bullshit. How did she not know?

I make my way back down to the basement, two mugs filled with coffee in hand.

I walk in and sit down on the couch. Everyone was silent. It was awkward as hell. I sigh, "What?"

James speaks up first. "We told you to go for it over a month ago."

"Jealousy doesn't look good on you buddy." Ryan says.

"I am not jealous."

Ryan snorts, "Bullshit. I saw the way you were looking at Maxwell. If looks could kill, he'd have been dead the minute you set your eyes on him."

"Good to know you came down here and ran your mouth, as usual." I snap back.

"Don't try to make this about me."

"C.. I think it's time for an intervention." James says, leaning forward.

"Hell no. I don't need an intervention." I say, rolling my eyes.

"Christian. You're in denial." Ryan says, also leaning forward.

"It ain't just a river in Africa." James says.

"We're just a bit worried about you." Ryan continues.

"Why?"

"You're so deep in feelings for this girl, you can't even see it. She's already starting to slip away. You don't want to lose her forever, I know you C, and I know Charlie." James says, running a hand through his hair.

"Don't bring Charlie into this."

"She's just as attached as you are." James says, shrugging his shoulder.

"Brinley could also make a move." I say and Ryan sighs.

"She shouldn't have to. Besides, I think she's been sending signals for a while now, to see how you respond. It's hard to read somebody when you shove your feelings deep down, Christian.", James continues, "I saw the way you guys were dancing last night. What happened in the bathroom?"

"What do you mean? What bathroom?" I hadn't been as drunk as I was last night since college.

"After the reception ended. Brinley said something about.. fixing a situation. And you too went to a bathroom in the back... Alone." He says and my eyes widen.

Think Christian, think. What happened?

"I think there were some comments about kissing.." I say, running my hands over my face.

"That's all?" Ryan asks and I shrug my shoulders.

"I'm trying to remember here." I say, closing my eyes as my leg bounced up and down anxiously.

"Because when we fuck, you're going to want to remember it."

I did not say that. I can't believe I said that. How did she react?

I groan, trying to remember.

"Anything?" James as and I put my hand up, shushing him.

"Because when we fuck, you're going to want to remember it."

"So, you're saying we're gonna fuck?" She asks, her mouth slightly gaped open.

"Yeah, we're gonna fuck. And after we do, I'm never going to stop."

"Shit."

"What? What happened?" Ryan asks, nearly falling off the couch from leaning forward too much.

"Technically nothing. But, there were some.. words shared." I say and both the guys grin.

"Like what?"

"I'm not telling you!" I say, chucking a pillow at James. They both give me a look, "Okay.. It may have had to do with sex."

"Atta boy." James says, patting me on the shoulder. "You gotta go get your girl man."

"She's got a date with Maxwell."

"Shit, really?"

"Yeah." I sigh, looking at the carpet below my feet.

"So, don't let her go." Ryan says.

"Since when did you become such a romantic person?" I ask, a skeptical brow raised.

"I have three sisters, I've watched every rom-com ever made.", he says, shrugging, "Just.. show up at her apartment before her date or something, tell her not to go, and admit that you're in love with her. That's what happens in all the movies."

"Woah, woah, woah. I am not in love with her." I say, putting my hand out.

Ryan and James look at each other before back to me. "You sure about that?" James asks.

"Yes..." I say.

Was I sure? Was I in love with her? I mean, I think I definitely was falling for her, but, I wouldn't say that I'm in love with her.

Am I?

Word Count: 1,207

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

166K 8.7K 30
Book 4 of the Jackson Series! Charlotte Davidson was dealt the wrong cards in her youth but when an opportunity to start anew presents itself she gra...
2.3M 17.4K 8
Highest Ranking #1 adultthemes (01/05/19) #1 eroticromance (24/10/2019) #1 adultromance (26/06/2019) #1 sugardaddy (05/08/2019) #1 couple (16/08/2019...
21.6K 789 62
[WARNING 🚨; THIS STORY CONTAIN MATURE THEME . IF YOU ARE UNCOMFORTABLE WITH SEXUAL REFERENCES ,SENCE,ABUSE,CURSING,ETC. YOU HAVE DEEN WARNED]. It's...
118K 3.5K 36
Kingston Spin-off #3 THE THIRD BOOK OF THE KINGSTON SPIN-OFF SERIES! Brielle Kingston is the most determined Kingston in her huge family. Newly grad...