UNKNOWN | D.M (UNRAVEL BOOK 4)

By ixfixite_

*Completed* (SEQUEL TO UNTOLD) UNRAVEL book 4: When darkness envelopes Aine Estoileon's eyes, she sees throug... More

[ 01 ]
[ 02 ]
[ 03 ]
[ 04 ]
[ 05 ]
[ 06 ]
[ 07 ]
[ 08 ]
[ 09 ]
[ 10 ]
[ 11 ]
[ 12 ]
[ 13 ]
[ 14 ]
[ 15 ]
[ 16 ]
[ 17 ]
[ 18 ]
[ 19 ]
[ 20 ]
[ 21 ]
[ 22 ]
[ 23 ]
[ 24 ]
[ 25 ]
[ 26 ]
[ 27 ]
[ 28 ]
[ 29 ]
[ 30 ]
[ 31 ]
[ 32 ]
[ 33 ]
[ 34 ]
[ 35 ]
[ 36 ]
[ 37 ]
[ 38 ]
[ 39 ]
[ 40 ]
[ 41 ]
[ 42 ]
[ 43 ]
[ 44 ]
[ 45 ]
[ 46 ]
[ 47 ]

[ 48 ]

22 2 0
By ixfixite_

With a high-pitched screech, darkness began to invade the Estoileon house, smoke crashing through the windows as bricks started to be smashed. Within a few seconds, the whole structure was beyond damaged as Deatheaters plague the once lovely cottage. Curses were being shot violently without any aim, green and red sparks spitting dangerously around, destroying anything in their way.

Elliot wasted no time as he grabs Aion and pulled him down towards Aine while he cast a protection shield around them. The translucent barrier barely protects them as six masked beings stomped through the blasted door. Their wands flick about as they eradicate their entire home. Two of them rushed upstairs to rummage through their belongings while the remaining four stayed on the ground floor, tearing apart all the memories Aine and her family had made here. 

She shrieked, and anger flashed through her eyes as she held onto her father and brother. Thankfully, they all had their wands with them and they could only hold onto the wooden stick for dear life, knowing that it was the only thing that could be used to defend themselves from the chaos that unravelled. 

Elliot grunts, the weight of the shield compressing him as he struggled to hold it. The four Deatheaters were ripping through the protection charm and he could only hold it for a while, enough for his children to get away. He glanced at his two children, completely terrified as they could only watch their precious home get savagely wrecked. He reaches to hold Aine and Aion's faces, making them look at him, panic and fear smudged across their faces. "Listen to me, Aion, Aine— Both of you need to get out of here right away." 

Aine shook her head, dismayed. "W- What? No— We're staying with you!" she said, "I don't want to leave you here."

There was no time. Elliot caught a glimpse of his cracking shield, he looked to Aion. "Get her out of here," he told his son. 

"We're not leaving you, father! We go— You go!" Aion argues back, reluctant to leave behind his father. With this many intruders against them, they needed all hands on deck. If they abandoned him, he wouldn't last. 

Frustrated as to why his kids were being rebellious against his instructions, he raises his voice, desperate. They were his top priority, he had to make sure they were away from this and safe, especially since neither of them had completely recovered from the battle at the Ministry. "LISTEN TO ME, BOTH OF YOU!"

Aine flinches at her father's sudden outburst, she clamps her mouth shut, never had she heard him raise his voice like that. "If I go with you, they'll catch up and they'll get you too. And I can't have that. Someone needs to stay behind and keep them busy," Elliot said, straining his hand to keep the shield up. 

Aion cast another shield, giving them more time. "And that someone got to be you?" he scoffed at his father. He was already planning to stay whether his father liked it or not. 

To hell with that—  

He wasn't going to ditch his family members and leave in this danger. Aine too had shared the same opinion. She was going to leave no one behind and that was it. If they were going to die, they rather die together rather than leave one to shoulder all the damage.

"I'll do whatever it takes to protect my family," Elliot told them, if he had to die to protect the ones he loved, he would do it without hesitation and that was what both of his children feared. It was the fact that he was really willing to do it if it came down and they could not afford to lose their father, not when he was the only one left.

"No." Aine wasn't going to stay put and have any of it any longer. She unsheathed her wand from her side pocket, shooting a stunning spell through the shield. She managed to get one of them, but it only angered the rest. "I'm staying here. That's final!" she firmly stated, standing up only for her father to pull her back down. She glares at him, fighting her tears back. How could he tell them to leave him? 

"Don't be foolish, Aine! You're still hurt!" her father rebuked.

"Yeah? So are you!" Aine retorted, her father's back still had the scars he had from the glass shards penetrating his skin and he was still under medication to have that healed. "I can fight!" she said to him despite his strong objections. She stood back up and along with her brother, they fired back at the Deatheaters. Using the advantage of the shield, she tried to cast as many offensive spells at it. Aine waved her wand, sending the bubbling hot mixture from one of the cauldrons towards her enemies, burning them as they yell in pain. One of them was immediately covered in horrible boils. 

That's one down.

There was no stopping his children from helping and for that, Elliot was both proud and troubled at the same time. He huffs and ended up fighting alongside them after failing to convince them to leave. If they were staying, he might as well go all out trying to defend their home. This was their home after all and no one leaves without paying for the damage they had done. 

"Expelliarmus!" Aion pointed to the man who was still cutting into their domed shield. He was flung backwards and his father charges at him with a knockback jinx, flinging him a few yards out of their home. He salvages the wand right away before tackling another. That's another down. Four more to go.

The protection charm soon crumbled after the front man in charge slashes it with his wand and the Estoileons were forced to disperse before a massive explosion could blow up in front of them. Aine slides away, her eyes widening when she saw the hazel pupils through the familiar diamond-shaped tear mask. She immediately growls at him, clutching her wand tightly, Aine lunges another attack at him. 

The masked man peeled his mask away with a wave of his wand, the curl of his lips sending chills down Aine's spine as she duels with him. "Ah, it's so lovely to meet you lot again!" Cal cheers brightly, easily dodging the girl's attacks. She hurled a series of blue flames in his direction and he deflected them to his comrades without much thought. The other two Deatheaters behind him reeled back, attempting to extinguish the flames that had caught onto their robes. 

"Trust me, the feeling isn't mutual," Aine spat at him, glaring at her assailant.

At the same time, Elliot takes the chance to finish them off as their guards were dropped trying to rid the flames. He sent an array of jinxes towards them, one of which was a Stinging jinx. His enemies tottered backwards, feeling their skin swell up and making them unable to see for a moment. While one was filled with boils, the other was bound back with an iron wrought. 

Two more to go.

Just as Aine was about to jab back at Cal, the young Deatheater grabbed Aion who was nearby busy fighting his companion and used him to shield himself from Aine's slice. Unable to stop on time, Aine accidentally inflicted the attack on her brother's arm and he hisses in pain, staggering to the side. "AION!" Aine shouted, she tries to reach him but it wasn't until Cal captures him with an invisible rope. 

Cal grins at Aine, cocking his brow as he admires the fierce young lady. "Hello again, darling~" he winks at her. Aine scowls back at him with disgust, casting the Relashio charm to release her brother from his hold. 

Aion spins around and disapparated behind Cal to shoot a curse at him, throwing him towards the wooden shelves, the glass bottles clattering down onto him as he glowers at Aion. He immediately sped towards Aine's brother and held him by his neck, choking him. "Rest assured, Mon Chaton. You'll have your turn soon, right now you're at the bottom of my list!" Cal said with a taunting voice. Aion was the least of his concerns right now. "You're going to have to wait until I get rid of those two," he glanced back to Elliot and Aine. Then, he kicks Aion in the gut, sending the boy stumbling back as he held onto his stomach, wincing. He coughs roughly and gagged.

The Deatheater turned around, his attention diverting to Aine who he had neglected. On top of his list to deal with was Elliot. When he circled back, Aine punched him hard on the cheek before confining him back from targeting her father who was occupied with fending himself from a couple of Deatheaters who had regained consciousness, breaking free of their jinxes and hold. So much for all the trouble of ousting them.

Cal blinked back his surprise and whistled at the jab. He wipes the blood from his lips away and licked it. He could feel a nerve being pulled. His hazel eyes narrowed at her and he grinned, "You have quite a strong punch, darling," he complimented.

Aine took a step back and grabbed the kitchen knife in her other free hand, she swung the blade towards him as he dodges and she uses her magic to prevent him from moving. "Don't look at me with such disdain, Aine Estoileon!" he remarked, sneakily summoning the broken window shards. "We're going to be good friends now!" he added proudly, releasing his grip on the glass as it flew to Aine's back from behind, stabbing her. She buckled forward and let out a scream that made Cal's eyes brighten. She bites through the sizzling pain but gasps when Cal magically removed them forcibly.

"Who the hell wants to be your friend?" she huffs. With a flick of her wand, she used the same spell against him. Instead of glass, Cal was pierced by magical transparent icicles.

"I'm impressed," he cooed. His gaze changed to one of menace. "You're going to regret that. I was giving you a chance to be my friend. You should be grateful that I asked. I don't give that opportunity often, or rather— To anyone, really." He forces himself up and rotated his neck, easing the ache.

Elliot darted over to Aine, Aion taking over him as he ties the other two Deatheaters together. "I'm only going to say this once..." the father started. "LEAVE— NOW!" he demanded. 

Cal rolled his eyes, "You're still here, old man. But guess what? You're in no position to give me any demands!" he jeers, jumping forward at the man that he was so eager to finish off. They were both at each other's necks, disapparating around the house as they locked horns.

"YOU SHOULD HAVE FINISHED ME WHEN YOU HAD THE CHANCE!" Cal told Elliot, cornering the man to the blazing fireplace. The heat from the flames made Elliot apparate away, he appeared behind Cal and digs pointed his wand at the young lad.

"Expulso!"

Cal hisses and swore aloud, he held onto the mantle for support before he could even be engulfed in the fiery flames. He could feel the smothering heat in his face before he whips around only for Elliot to pound his head against the stoned wall. 

He wasn't sure why he was holding back, was it because of how much the young man reminded him of his son? He had still rewarded them with mercy, unable to kill them on the spot as he had wished. He cursed at his leniency, it would be the cause of his Death one day. Although Elliot couldn't quite attack him as cruelly, it was hard enough to knock Cal out after the fourth hit. He went on to assist his kids.

Now that the obstacle is cleared, he turned to his children. His oldest child was covering his younger sister from harm, infuriated by the intruders. Aine was still weakened after the battle a week ago, with every spell she launched at her enemies, she could feel her strength leaving like an open tap, she wasn't as agile as she was and her magic wasn't as strong as she was when she was in perfect form.

She switched sides with her brother, their backs pressed against each other as they fought like dancing in a waltz. Aine ducks when her brother's opponent suddenly strikes his wand at the boy who went for his legs, sweeping them and causing him to fall. From behind, another Deatheater grabs hold of her petite frame and toss her in a large bubble of water, drowning her alive with the freezing water. The girl's eyes widened and gurgled, slamming her way out of the barrier. She tried to puncture the bubble with her wand, but it was reinforced with such a thick layer that it was impossible. When she tried to fire a spell to break it, the bright light shot out of her wand would only ricochet, hitting her from the back as she screams in pain.

Oxygen was leaving her system and she puffed her cheeks, holding her breath as she figures out of to get out of it. She couldn't see very well in the bubble, the water was blurring her vision and she wasn't sure if she was going to pass out from the lack of air or if the water was actually murky. Either way, the blue liquid was soon dyed in a shade of crimson, tinting the water bubble red with the wounds she had suffered from earlier. 

Aine clenches her jaw, biting through searing pain in her shoulders as the freezing water seeps into her stabbed skin, it was like the feeling of being branded by a hot iron. She grasped her throat, the cold water flushing down her lungs and she flounders pathetically. There were muffled sounds from her surroundings and not long, the bubble burst apart and she fell to her kitchen ground, completely drenched as she shivers. Her lips turned purple. She coughs out the water from her system, breathing heavily at the same time as her brother patted her from behind, aiding her in dispelling the water.

"Aine! Aine!" he calls out to her, worry in his voice as he examines his sister up close. "You're okay... You're okay now..." he said to reassure her, but Aine felt like it was more for himself. Aion picks her up, giving her a quick hug, warming her up momentarily as he brushes away her wet hair from her face and casts a drying spell to ensure she wasn't suffering from hypothermia. It didn't take long until they were once again wrapped in battle. It was difficult enough to regain strength after nearly drowning, let alone catch her breath.

She shrieks when the bouquet of blue roses displayed in the porcelain vase exploded in front of her. She shielded her face with her arms, the blue petals fluttering down in flames from all the spells being cast left and right. Another Deatheater draws her back before slamming her into the wall. She groans, feeling the blood trickle down her head at the impact. "God damn it," she blurted, dizzy as she teeters to the side.

Then, without any notice, Aine felt a zap, lightning coursing into her veins as a man assaulted her, targeting her poor neck. He laughs loudly into her ears as she squirmed for air. "Enough with all the choking..!" she curses.

"Master would be happy to receive your dead body!" he said to Aine with leering eyes.

Aine swore at him, thrashing about as he tightens his hand around her neck. "Just one little snap and it's goodbye, little girl!" he teases.

"She mustn't be killed!" His comrade reminded him and he clicks his tongue. He yanks Aion's hair back, preventing him from helping before the boy was cast aside like a ragged doll. His foe pinned him down, pressing onto his chest with his boot and Aion's face went red, veins popping as he bore the pang of pain.

"The boy too! The Dark Lord wants him as well!" Aine's attacker instructed his associate.

"And the father?"

"He can just die. Who cares!"

Aine's eyes went large at their conversation. So the Dark Lord had ordered them to be captured but their father? He wanted Elliot dead. An unsettling sensation fills Aine. No— if she could just escape from this man's clutches and send her father away

At the side, her brother was utterly overpowered by two Deatheaters, both taking turns to inflict harm. He was soon sent into a fit of torture with the Cruciatus curse. He yells in pain, screaming for his sister who was called out to him with a strained voice, tormented by the brutal sight. She scratches the man to release her, doing everything she could to stop him. She wanted to help her brother and father and all she ever did was drag them down with her.

Spots filled her vision and her eyes became bloodshot. She gasped for air, clawing his hand on her neck, she digs her nails into his skin as hard as she could. Their eyes met and she hardens a glare into his dark brown irises. 

Release me! she orders through her gaze and the next moment, the man recoiled back, his dark pupils filled with a layer of white cast.

Aine flips over to her side, genuinely surprised as she heaves in and out. Her hand was tremoring and she snarls at him. "Oppugno!" she casts without wasting another second, calling forth the broken rose stalks that had been laid around. She transfigured them into sharp stakes and sent them crashing in his direction. It impaled his limbs, pinning him onto the wall and the man remained motionless, for some reason, it was like it was nothing but a puppet now. She then redirected another curse towards her brother's captors, rendering them to pull away to avoid getting hit.

"Get the hell away from my children, you insolent creatures!" She hears her father curse, and he pointed his wand outside of his home, creating a whirlpool vortex that sucks the two Deatheaters responsible for hurting Aine and Aion away. 

Aine sighs out with relief, her eyes threatening to roll up. She huffs, "I need to just—" she mumbles, her words fumbling and she watches her world spin. With another deep exhale, she drops to her knees. Her wand fell out of her hand as it rolls next to her and she held on to her splitting head. She sends a tired smile to her father who reached out toward her, mirroring her smile. 

It was like at that moment, they had forgotten all the arguments and doubts they had for one another. More than anything, the lies and betrayals they shared before didn't matter to any of them now. There was no need to dwell on it, there was no need to think of the bad things that had already happened. They could always start patching up and trying to forgive and trust one another again tomorrow. Right now, the only thing Elliot and Aine wanted was for their family to be safe, that's all. A small, single innocent wish.

Elliot supported his son as they made their way toward Aine. Aion could barely walk properly after all the tortures. He never felt so much pain, not even when he was training for his performance, nor the bones he had broken across the duration of his time at Beauxbaton. His lips curled when he saw his father and sister smiling. 

See? Even without talking it out, they managed to reconcile! He said in his mind. 

If they could just hold onto one another, they could all apparate away. Perhaps then, there will be enough time to get away and get help from their psychotic pursuers. 

"Let's get out of here," Elliot said, reaching to caress Aine's cheek.

Out of nowhere, a blinding glimmer of light flashed past the Estoileons eyes and they all winced, dazzled by the silver wisp. Aion managed to squint through his fingers, his eyes widening as he watches the stream of light take the form of an arrow, zooming towards them without the intention to stop. "Father!" he exclaimed, putting himself between the spell and Elliot.

Taken aback by his son's actions, Elliot was quick to notice the arrow and without any hesitation and wholeheartedly, he pushes his son away from it and intercepted the spell, taking the hit full on. He groans when the surprise attack struck his abdomen, creating a layer of ice shards that only spread like a snowflake forming. Icy twines started to emerge from the wound and he blinks back from the intensity of the pain. 

From the side, Cal snickered through his bloodied teeth as he sat upright. His head was in a bloodied condition. His resilience and imperishable body amazed Elliot but he seethes. That boy just wouldn't know how to give up and surrender!

"Farewell, old man!" Cal bids, waving with one hand happily as he drags his body vertically, entertained by the sight of the father who would throw his life away to save his children.

Pain. That was all Elliot ever felt. Nothing but extreme pain. The sharp pricking sensation crawled up his body as crystallized vines circled around his waist before it unfurls throughout his skin. His legs became hard as a rock and before he knew it and he crumples down to the ground, breathing unsteadily. His daughter looked at him with bewildered eyes, too stunned to move as she could only stare.

An agonized yell escapes from her father's mouth, smacking the girl up to her reality. The crystal vines pierced through his chest and he bites down his lips to silence himself through the pain. Not wanting his children to hear his misery. They have to get out of here...

"Dad!" Aine screams, holding Elliot in her arms as she rests his head on her lap. He was shaking so horribly, containing himself. His teeth chatter as he shook, muffled yells escaping from the cracks of his lips. He writhes in his daughter's hold.

 Aine hurriedly reaches for her wand as Aion crawled toward them. He looked like he was about to faint but he persevered on.

"Father..." he croaked out.

The girl wipes her tears with her sleeves, getting herself together. He'll be okay, dad will be alright... She repeatedly told herself. He's a strong man and she was the daughter of a powerful healer. I can heal him..! she said in her mind, over and over again to hypnotize herself. That was the only thing on her mind. She has to save him.

Getting her act together, she stretches her hand and called forth the vials of healing potions, "Accio dittany!" she muttered softly but there was urgency in her tone. The undamaged glass bottles flew straight towards her. She attempted to calm herself but to no avail. Her heart was pounding hard against her ribcage, and her fingers were trembling nonstop as she opens the cork, pouring the medication over her father's hardened skin. It managed to melt the glassy veins but a second later, another stream of reflective twines grew out from the severed branch and only caused Elliot to grunt, losing his mind at the excruciating pain. His condition was deteriorating at a quick speed.

"It won't work," said a voice behind her. Cal's. He watches them in their useless tries to save Elliot and could only simper.

"SHUT UP—!" she yells at him, not giving up on saving her father's life. She could save him if she tries hard enough. 

Elliot could barely keep himself awake, he could feel his vision clouding in a matter of seconds. He was blacking out and he repeatedly squeezed his eyes shut and opened them but his sight was failing him. It hurts... The thought of the distraught faces of his children made him heartbroken, he couldn't see their faces as properly as he did before but their voices were enough to make him crazy. Get up! He pushes himself, forcing every muscle to move. Get up, Elliot! 

Those Deatheaters were still here, and his children weren't safe, he can't lose consciousness now. Not like this... Not when they were still under attack and in harm's way. There was so much he still needed to do and say, he grips on his wand, dying to go on with protecting his beloved children, if he had to die, he would only allow himself to after Aine and Aion were safe. I can't die now— 

It was no use, no matter how much he tried to persist. He couldn't move, he couldn't breathe. His life was slipping away. 

His wife's face popped up in his mind and his eyes became glossy, he implored her. If she was still out there, alive, hiding. He begged Aris to return to save their children. She had the power to do so and he would gladly exchange anything for them. He was willing to give her away, to forget all the pain she had given him, the betrayal, the hatred, everything. She was, after all, the former host of a powerful being. A being who would not die, a being that would only reap those...

Aine gasped at the horrors of watching the colour drain from her father's face. His skin turned grey like marble, losing its matte texture as Elliot's flesh became glassy. She tried her best to reverse the progressive curse, running to her father's nearby cabinet where he stores all his potion ingredients. Potions, pastes, gels, pills, herbs— she has gone through every single one of them and none of it was suitable and even if she had tried, they didn't work. An exasperated whimper left Aine, she runs her fingers through her messy hair, never had she felt so incompetent. She was best at Potions and even her professors deemed her gifted, but here she was, unable to do a single right thing. Just what was it she was learning that everything she knew seemed pointless? She couldn't even save her father.

Why... Why is this all happening now? Why?!

Aion also tried to save his father, feeling the guilt eating him up already. He waves his wand over his father's chest, it was like he was being enveloped by the glass, covering him entirely as crystals formed on his skin like some sort of disease. It didn't take long until his joints and limbs had been frozen and the curse only continued to climb its way to his neck. His tears were streaming down his face, feeling completely despaired. 

Aine's tears fell on her father's face as she muttered all of the healing incantations she knew to remove the curse. Howbeit, the answer was always the same: there was no cure, no treatment, it was irreversible, just like what Cal had told her.

"Sweetheart... Don't cry..." Elliot murmured to her weakly, reaching to her tear-stained cheeks. He couldn't see his children, but he felt them. He was still capable of feeling the warm tenderness of his precious little children. His stiff fingers trailed to Aion who held on immediately, "It's okay... It's... Going to... Be... Alright..." he reassures them. He didn't blame them for their efforts, he knew his time was limited and right now, they could still get away, he could still use his little magic.

Elliot's breath hitched and he coughs harder, gasping for air. It became harder with every sharp inhale, he could feel his chest being crushed by an immense weight. His lids fluttered weakly to his children as his lips parted apart. Numbness took over him, even the warmth of his children had faded away from his hand. He couldn't feel anything but there was coldness. He was freezing and still, it hurts. Aine and Aion's voices began to distance away and he sobbed, a single tear rolled down his cold cheeks and mustering the strength that he has left, he pleaded with his children with a sad smile. "Aion... Aine... Run—"

Aine and Aion held on to their father's hands, watching a million crystals cover his face, the last smile faltering away when he realized he couldn't finish his sentence. His words fell short and his eyes widened. The crystals swallow his whole body and the Estoileon siblings could only witness with wide eyes, horrified at the crystallized state of their father. Elliot moved no more, it was like time had frozen and his body was like a glass sculpture, hauntingly beautiful. "N... No..." Aine whispered, pain in her voice.  

Just when they thought that was it, Elliot's body began to crack, his arm chipping away before the small crack became a large fracture, spiderwebbing across his whole face. With quivering lips, she strokes her father's face with a gentle touch.

Cal grins behind them, his eyes narrowing at Elliot, casting one last look at the man who he had fought. He wouldn't deny that the Estoileon father was strong and powerful enough to stand against him. But like the rest of his foes, they turn into victims with a simple but deadly spell. With a snap of his finger...

Elliot Estoileon had shattered into a million pieces.

The Estoileons' breaths hitched at once, unable to believe their eyes as they watch Elliot's body crumble apart into fragments, twinkling as they fell to the ground. A heartwrenching cry left Aine as she quavered, overwhelmed with shock. "No. No... No... Please..." she sobs, her arms flailing to scramble through the pile of broken pieces of her father, desperately trying to piece him back together, trying to salvage Elliot whole again.

Aion exhaled sharply, he shook his head, and a peal of bitter and empty laughter left him as he was thrown into a state of denial. "No—" he said firmly, refusing to trust what he saw. His lips quivered and he chews down a cry, still in disbelief. The pain he had felt from the wounds he had gained meant nothing, his heart was aching like someone had just grabbed it and clenched it. He felt like he could explode. 

I just got you back... I just got my family back... So why did it have to become like this?

"Father, please..." he pleaded, he was just like a little boy again. Tears prickled his eyes as he watched the futile attempts of his sister trying to put him back together, almost as if trying to fix a glass sculpture.

Still, in shambles from the unsuccessful endeavour, Aine bawled her eyes out. Her head shook from side to side as she cast the Repairing charm, "Reparo!" Angry hot tears flowing down, she was losing herself. "REPARO!" she screams again and again. The more she tries to piece everything back, it only came clinking down. 

As if she could make her father whole again. As if she could make everything right again. 

The pieces of her father reflected her state, falling through her fingers again and again. "Please..." she whimpers, her hands convulsing so badly that the little tower of pieces would clatter back to the ground, mocking her attempts. Her tears were blocking her vision, tiny blobs raining down from her eyes, pattering onto her crystallized father. She could only hear the cries of her brother and her own's like it was only them left in the world that had gone grey. All hope was lost.

It has to be a dream, she convinces herself. Her father can't be gone, not like this, not so fast. Her voice became hoarse and weak. "Dad, please... Please stop playing around and come back—" Aine begs, she promised she'll be good and that she wouldn't be rude to him anymore. All the times she had teased him, lashed out and doubted him, she promised to be a good daughter to him and not get in trouble anymore.

The leftover Deatheaters rounded up next to Cal who dominated them in front, all watching the miserable children with no sympathy, no guilt, no shame at torturing and murdering a good man. Cal steps forward, his eyes curling with contentment, "That's one down!" he derides the already deceased man. 

He took pleasure in tormenting the remaining Estoileons, mostly Aine. This was his way of getting back at her for humiliating him back then in the Ministry of Magic: killing the person she had loved dearly who coincidentally— A man who Cal hold strong resentment for. He didn't know what it was about Elliot that irked him. All he knew was that he hated him to his guts and that was it.

Aine continued on, ignoring the pain coursing through her veins, and her muscles. She was bleeding out, cold, and wrecked but above all, her heart was screaming and torn apart. Resurrecting her father was hopeless. She lost count of the number of times she had tried and was still foolishly putting her father back together. It wouldn't work at all. 

Devastated, she sniffled, "I'm sorry... I'm so sorry, dad... I'm sorry for saying all those spiteful words... I'm sorry for doubting you... I'm sorry for hurting you..." she cried. She was going to apologise to Elliot once she had calmed her head, she was going to tell him that she was willing to try to trust him again. With a softer voice, she spoke again. "I didn't even tell you how thankful I was to hear that you didn't abandon me... That you took me in as your daughter even though I wasn't your blood— I couldn't even tell you how grateful I was to you for raising me up... Or how much I love you..." her voice cracks. "—Dad..."

And now he was gone. Just like that.

She was literally on her knees, pleading to all the gods from the bottom of her heart. If there was even a god who would hear her. The girl would give up everything to save her father, even if it meant that she was never going to see him. She would do it for him. Nevertheless, no matter how much she strains her voice to scream, yell and cry. The gods did not answer her prayers.

But there was no god...

No miracle...

Absolutely nothing...

And her father wasn't coming back anymore.

Aion could not stand it anymore, he couldn't handle seeing his sister try. Everything she had done, he had thought about it and it wouldn't work at all. He was so drained of everything that he no longer had the will to beg like Aine. His sorrows only turn into anger, his neck tilting to look at Cal and his fellow accomplices.

"YOU—!" Aion roars, grabbing Cal by the neck, he presses his thumb into the Deatheater's throat as hard as he could, his other fingers wrapping around his nape, clamping it. Wrath took over the boy as he was unable to contain himself, he held out longer than he could.

"It's... Use... Less," Cal responded, chuckling through the strain. it was like watching a child fight an adult and it antagonized the boy further. From behind, Cal's comrade raises his hand and with a harsh blow, he hacked the boy's neck. 

Aion was knocked into a state of semi-consciousness, his head hanging weakly as he groaned, his head throbbing, fatigue washing over him.

Aine glares at Cal. Her golden pupils blazing, and the fire from the fireplace shone in her eyes, reflecting all the anger she had. She was mad at him more than anyone, she hated Cal more than anything, topping her list of beings she had hated. Cal was up there with Umbridge and Voldemort. Hell, right now, she was sure he was taking the seat of being the person Aine had loathed most in her entire life. 

She was livid, she could feel a strange crackle in her fingers, her magic getting haywire. She would even kill him and brand herself as a murderer. The lengths she would go to get revenge for her father were unimaginable. He stole her father from her, the person Aine loved, the first friend Aine has ever had, her beloved, precious father.

Cal adjusted his attire, cracking his neck to calm his reddened throat. He crouches down to meet her eyes, tears rolling down her cheeks freely. He shot her a sad pout, eyes faking pity and provoking the girl even more than she already was. 

Aine's brows contorted at his audacity, she wanted to tear him apart right then and there but her wand had been snatched away from her grasp by his comrades. They restrained the girl and she glowered at them. If she wasn't being held back, she would very much make them pay. Her home would be filled with nothing but the blood of her enemies. But she couldn't afford to do that to her lovely home, now utterly in tatters. She wouldn't want to taint the place she felt safe in anymore nor will she soil the home her father had lived with her enemies' filth any further.

The young Deatheater wipes her tears away with his thumb and she flinches at his touch, her breath hitching as he nears her. She stares at him angrily with repugnance. His lids flattened a little. "We're going to have so much fun," Cal hinted with joy.

"I'll kill you..." Aine seethes, trembling with fury.

Cal jerked Aine's chin to his, the girl recoiling away when she felt his breath. He whispered in her ears, "I'll be waiting... Sweetheart," he taunts with the nickname her father always used, making tears fall again. He brought Aine close and hugged the girl by locking her in his grasp by the neck, another hand stroking the devastated girl's hair softly. He hushes her as she sobs silently and he spoke again in a soothing and seductive voice, smirking as he finally acquired the piece his master had needed in his chessboard.

"Imperio." 

Losing control of her own body, White clouds swirl in Aine's eyes, covering her once bright golden pupils that were like jewels. She was instantly forced to obey the Deatheater's commands, the young man having complete control over her mind and body. She felt so numb, broken, mortified and violated. Cal pulls away from her, admiring the ruined girl as she stares at him with a hollow gaze like an empty porcelain doll. Another tear slipped from the corner of her eye before she caved into her exhaustion. Eventually, submitting herself to the tenebrous abyss that welcomed her with open arms. 

The only thing now that could comfort her was becoming one with the darkness.

─── ⋆⋅☀⋅⋆ ───── ⋆⋅☀⋅⋆ ───

I'm so f**king sorry for doing this. For leaving you guys hanging! It ended on a cliffhanger... I know. I hate you, Zeneria. Yes I hate myself too :,) But it has to happen, you guys! I swear my heart is literally breaking now, bet you didn't see that coming, did you? Trust me, I have not too. It was only when I had written the second book that I knew that I had to do this. You'll see why in the stories to come. In the meantime, thank you so much for reading the last chapter of UNKNOWN! 

Do upvote if you enjoyed this book because there are more to come! Thank you for showing your support to UNKNOWN, for your love and upvotes and I hope you'll show the next book some love too~ ^^

The next part of the UNRAVEL series, UNBREAK (UNRAVEL BOOK 5), has also been published so be sure to check it out for more adventures of our little sweetheart, Aine~ The next book will cover the events of Half-blood prince and I'm telling you, I cannot wait for it already! I hope you are too!

Stay safe, take care and love you lots! <3 

- Zeneria

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47.7K 1.4K 42
Draco Malfoy: cold, distant, ignorant, rude, arrogant, and above all else, downright gorgeous. Juniper Hartley: caring, intelligent, unfathomably sw...
22.9K 552 36
β˜† second story in the sequel β˜† β€’ go read "Blood to Love | 3rd year" if you haven't! βœ°β˜½β™‘π‘βœ―β˜Ό He cursed under his breath. "I don't know what to do!" "...
171K 6.2K 69
~ Year five ~ Warning: This is the fifth book in a series!!! This also will journey through all of the books / movies so if you want a quick read, o...
298K 8K 63
Anna Green's life was going just fine before he came along. Her friendship with the golden trio and Ginny Weasley was family-like. She loved having f...