Most Valuable Parent (MVP #1)

By holl1e27

Pro hockey star, Christian Brooks, has everything he ever needed as a starting forward Right Winger, and a th... More

Coming October 31, 2022
SYNOPSIS & AUTHOR'S NOTE
CHARACTER AESTHETICS
Prologue
1 - My World
2 - Enemy #1
3 - Dirtbag Fiancé
4 - Girl Time
5 - Mama Knows Best
6 - Pricks and Stones May Break My Bones
7 - Dear Ethan, I Hate You
8 - Girls Night In
9 - Game Day
10 - My Girlfriend For Five Minutes
11 - Vivi = Bitch
12 - Distance
13 - Exhausted
14 - Coffee Dates
15 - Surgery
16 - Recovery
17 - Sisters and Misters
18 - Grilled Cheesus
19 - Follow Up
20 - Bachelorette Party
22 - My Best Friends' Wedding, Part II
23 - Hungover at a Baby Shower
24 - Emotionally Yours
25 - Physically Mine
26 - Tangled
27 - Mama Approved
28 - Good Taste in Music
29 - Kidnapper
30 - Christmas in 60 Degree Weather
31 - My Girlfriend the Cowgirl
32 - My Boyfriend the Famous Hockey Player
33 - Crazy
34 - My Daughter
Epilogue I
Epilogue II
BONUS CHAPTER - Hubba Hubba Baby
BONUS CHAPTER - Crisp October Mornings
BONUS CHAPTER - Baby's First Christm- *Hockey Game
BONUS CHAPTER - Ours
BONUS CHAPTER - On the Road
Most Valuable Playmaker

21 - My Best Friends' Wedding

35.2K 905 40
By holl1e27

Ho Hey - The Lumineers

"Don't make me cry already." I say, batting under my eyes. "I'm already gonna sob during the ceremony."

"I've already cried four times. It's your turn." Nora says, chuckling through her own tears.

"You look so beautiful." I say, wrapping my arms around my best friend. The two of us start crying in each others' arms. "I'm so happy for you. You deserve the world Nora." I say, wiping my tears away.

"The world doesn't deserve me though." She says, causing the two of us to laugh.

"Damn right it doesn't." I say, pushing my curled hair behind my shoulders."Okay. I'll go get your dad." I say and she nods, squeezing my arm one last time before I walk out the door. Nora had decided to do a first look with her dad and Logan's dad. And then Logan's first look was going to be when she walks down the aisle.

I walk out into where people are coming in to see her dad, David, standing at the doorway, greeting people.

Just as I started walking up to him, Christian came walking out of the bathroom, nearly running into me. "Oh sorr- Oh, hey Brinley." He says, clearing his throat. He scratches the back of his neck, "You um, you look.. Good."

I swallow slowly, "Thanks." I say, looking away. "I um.. I have to get Nora's dad. I'll see you later." I say, walking away.

I couldn't look him the eye after what happened the other night. I was too embarrassed. I didn't do things like that.

"David." I say, placing my arm on his shoulder.

"Yes? Oh, hi Brinley. Look at you, you look beautiful sweetie." He says, leaning in to hug me and kiss me on the cheek.

"Thank you." I say, smiling at him. "She's ready." He nods. I lead him back to the room that Nora was in, opening the door I let him in and closed the door. Walking across the hall I go to the other room that the rest of the bridesmaids are in.

"Hey!" Riley says, leaning back in a cushioned seat.

"She just did her first look with William, now she's with her dad." I say and they nod.

"Guys, we only have like an hour left before she gets married." Emery says, a pout on her lips.

"I know, it's weird."

I should've been doing this next.

"Are you okay?" Emery asks, patting the empty spot on the couch beside her.

"Yeah. I think I am." I say and she gives me a skeptical look. "I mean, it sucks, because this should me in a couple of months, and it's not going to be anymore. But, I'm glad I'm not marrying Ethan anymore." I say and she nods, squeezing my hand.

"I'm so excited!" Emery says, a huge smile on her face.

"Me too!"

"Who's gonna cry first? Em or Brin?" Nora asks as she walks in, wiping tears from her eyes.

"Brin, for sure Brin." Riley says and I chuckle.

"We should make Elsie watch to see who does." Emery suggests.

"That'd be funny." I say.

"Oh, we're so doing it now."

We finally get done with pictures and everything before it's time for the ceremony to start.

"Heard you got yourself a boyfriend." Aaron, Logan's brother, quips as we make our way down the aisle.

"Where'd ya hear that?" I say, doing a little wave at my parents.

"I know everything." He says and I chuckle.

"You're something else, A-a- ron." I say and he laughs quietly.

"God, I forgot about that video." He says, chuckling.

"Key & Peele is quite entertaining." I say and he agrees.

"I swear, my brother picked the longest aisle ever, just to torture me." He says as we wave at Nora's grandparents."Try not to cry the second you see her." He says, kissing me on the cheek before we go our separate ways. Little shit.

Emery smiles awkwardly at me as I go to stand right in front of her.

"Are you gonna cry first, or am I?" Logan whispers and I shrug.

Logan's cousin Lydia comes and stands close to us as she brings the microphone up close to her mouth, telling everyone to stand.

Then the piano starts playing I Can't Help Falling In Love With You - Hailey Reinhart before Lydia starts singing the lyrics. 

Nora appears, her arm looped around her dad's and I instantly lose it. "Shit.." I mumble, looking back at Emery to see her crying too. I look over at Logan as he wipes his eyes, his lip quivering and I was immediately more than a goner.

Nora's stepmom, Carrie reaches forward, handing Emery and I each a tissue. I thank her and she squeezes my hand before leaning back in her seat.

Nora's mom died when Nora was 14, it was crazy and unexpected. But, eventually, Carrie entered the picture and she stepped up and took in Nora as her own. Hell, she even took me and Emery in, just like David did when we met them.

"You may now be seated." The priest says before everyone takes their seats.

Nora twists her back, handing me her bouquet as we squeeze each other's hand.

She turns back to Logan, grabbing onto his hands. You can tell how they love each other, just by how they're looking at each other right now. It was pure love and adoration.

I was happy for my best friend. Of course I was. But, I wanted that. I wanted someone to worship the ground I walked on, like Logan did for Nora.

My eyes scanned the crowd on their own until my eyes met with the one person I'd been thinking about for the past two months. I suck in a sharp breath through my nose when I lock onto his bright blue eyes.

"Dearly beloved..."

I tuned the priest out, getting lost in my own world with Christian. Suddenly, all embarrassment from the other night when away. How could I be embarrassed when it seemed like he was looking into my soul. Like he could see every part of me without actually seeing it.

My breathing evened out as we kept eye contact. Neither of us daring to look away. But eventually, someone had to.

I focus back in on two of my best friends as Logan was handed his vows. He cleared his throat, holding onto Nora's hand with one hand while the other held the piece of card stock paper.

"The day I met you, we were eight, so I don't really remember it." He says as everyone chuckles. "But, I remember the day I fell in love with you, like it was yesterday." He says and I feel tears coming again.

"We we're seventeen, walking home from a gas station because you're car wouldn't turn over, so we had to run by my house to get cables, because I was a stupid teenage boy that thought I would never need them."

I wipe under my eyes as he continues. "You were yelling at me the whole way there, because apparently it was my fault I didn't have cables. Even though you didn't have any either." Everyone chuckles again.

"You called Brinley and tried to get her to be on your side. She just laughed, that little laugh she does that scares the shit out of anyone." He says and the priest clears his throat even though everyone else chuckles. "She told you to shut up and own up to your own problems." Nora and I laugh, both of us wiping our eyes.

"We all lived close to each other. There wasn't a day that went by that we weren't at each other's house, getting into trouble. But, this was the first time it had really been just the two of us. Of course, it started raining. You about screamed and ripped your hair out."

"Somehow, I managed to keep you.. Somewhat under control until we made it back to my house. We walked all the way to one of the barns. We had mud all over our jeans and boots, but that wasn't anything new."

"I slid the barn door open, turned the light on. And there was a baby sheep, standing in the middle of the dirt, shaking. The back door hadn't gotten shut and it had found it's way in there. It had just been born a couple of hours ago and it's mom wouldn't take it in. So, you did what you always did. You picked it up, grabbed my hand and drug me back outside."

"We walked all the way back to that gas station with a baby sheep tucked into your jacket. The clerk thought you were insane. I thought you were awesome. I didn't know it then, but that was the day that I fell in love with you, and I haven't stopped since." He says and I try not to let out a huge sob.

"Oh my God, I can't compete with that." Nora says, sobbing as we all chuckle. "Okay.." She takes a deep breath. "Just give me a minute." She says, trying to pull herself together.

"Growing up, I always thought of you as a brother. You know, the kind that's always just there and annoying, but would totally kick someone's ass if need be." She says and I laugh. "I'm pretty sure Brinley and Emery will agree with me when I say that, I had no idea why you hung out with us. You just kind of showed up one day."

"I always acted annoyed, and frustrated. But it was really to hide the fact that I had a huge crush on you. Of course, I couldn't let you know that. It was too embarrassing, and you definitely had cooties." She says as everyone laughs.

"Brinley once told me that, if you love someone, it shouldn't matter what anyone else thinks. If you love them, that's all that matters. So, I did the only thing I could. I ignored every jealous girl in the hallway, I walked up to you, and I kissed you." Someone in the back cheers. "It was all a dare really. Brinley said I wouldn't do it, so I did." She says as they both look at me.

"You're welcome." I whisper, giving Logan a thumbs up.

"My mom used to tell me stories, fairytales, when I was younger. Then, I got older, and I didn't believe in them. But, one day that all changed. So, thanks Brinley." She says, looking back at me again. "I love you Logan. I've already spent most of my life with you, and I can't wait to spend the rest."

She says and I start crying again. Emery rubs my back.

"The rings?" The priest asks and Aaron steps forward, handing them the rings.

"Logan, repeat after me."

They do all that and say their "I Do's".

"By the power invested in me, I now pronounce you man and wife." The priest says as grins cover all of our faces.

"Kiss your bride." He says, shutting his Bible.

Logan wastes no time in grabbing Nora's face and slamming his lips onto hers. He leans slightly forward as she dips back, wrapping her arms around his neck. The groomsmen all hoop and holler.

They pull away, turning towards the aisle. They start to make their way down the stairs before Nora and Logan both turn to me, holding up their left hands and pointing to their rings with their mouths gaped open. I shake my head while laughing.

I was getting drunk tonight!

*

"I feel like I'm about to explode." I say, resting my hand on my stomach as I let out a deep breath and a groan.

"Sameeee." Nora groans, taking a tip of her champagne, the glass making it muffled. "Brinley, I'm married!" She says as we squeal for the hundredth time tonight.

"Hey! Me too!" Logan says, grinning at us.

"Alright, can we get the party started. We gotta a lot of slow dancing before it's an open dance floor." Emery whines.

"When it's your wedding, you can skip all of that!" Logan quips.

Emery laughs before her expression turns serious, "No."

Just then, the DJ's voice echoes through the speakers, "Alright, let's get our bride and groom out on the floor!"

Word Count: 2,068

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.6K 789 62
[WARNING 🚨; THIS STORY CONTAIN MATURE THEME . IF YOU ARE UNCOMFORTABLE WITH SEXUAL REFERENCES ,SENCE,ABUSE,CURSING,ETC. YOU HAVE DEEN WARNED]. It's...
3.7K 115 32
"Leo pinned me against the wall with his hips. His hands gently gripped my wrists, keeping my arms above my head against the cool brick behind me. H...
3.7K 149 15
***PLEASE NOTE: I have 8 One Chicago books! Please check them all out!*** [OC X OC] [LINSTEAD] Trouvaille (n.) something lovely discovered by chanc...
367K 9.7K 37
Our faces are just inches away, his breath fanning my face. And after that, he says something, says a simple sentence that makes everything in my ins...