Most Valuable Parent (MVP #1)

By holl1e27

Pro hockey star, Christian Brooks, has everything he ever needed as a starting forward Right Winger, and a th... More

Coming October 31, 2022
SYNOPSIS & AUTHOR'S NOTE
CHARACTER AESTHETICS
Prologue
1 - My World
2 - Enemy #1
3 - Dirtbag Fiancรฉ
4 - Girl Time
5 - Mama Knows Best
6 - Pricks and Stones May Break My Bones
7 - Dear Ethan, I Hate You
8 - Girls Night In
9 - Game Day
11 - Vivi = Bitch
12 - Distance
13 - Exhausted
14 - Coffee Dates
15 - Surgery
16 - Recovery
17 - Sisters and Misters
18 - Grilled Cheesus
19 - Follow Up
20 - Bachelorette Party
21 - My Best Friends' Wedding
22 - My Best Friends' Wedding, Part II
23 - Hungover at a Baby Shower
24 - Emotionally Yours
25 - Physically Mine
26 - Tangled
27 - Mama Approved
28 - Good Taste in Music
29 - Kidnapper
30 - Christmas in 60 Degree Weather
31 - My Girlfriend the Cowgirl
32 - My Boyfriend the Famous Hockey Player
33 - Crazy
34 - My Daughter
Epilogue I
Epilogue II
BONUS CHAPTER - Hubba Hubba Baby
BONUS CHAPTER - Crisp October Mornings
BONUS CHAPTER - Baby's First Christm- *Hockey Game
BONUS CHAPTER - Ours
BONUS CHAPTER - On the Road
Most Valuable Playmaker

10 - My Girlfriend For Five Minutes

41.5K 976 97
By holl1e27

Angeleyes - ABBA

"I won fair and square!" I yell as we walk out of the bar.

I was a little tipsy.

"I still think you cheated." Christian argues.

"Goodnight guys!" Elsie yells as I wave.

"BYE!" I yell back. Okay, maybe I was a little more than tipsy. "Hey, can I ask you something?"

"You're gonna ask no matter what my answer is." He says and a sheepish grin appears on my face.

"Is it true you haven't had sex in two years?" I blurt out.

His eyes widen as I smile at him.

"No..." He says, hesitantly.

"That didn't sound too reassuring." I state, slightly slurring.

"You threw me off."

"Sorry..."

"It's fine. Everyone wonders. But, the answer is no, it's not true. Everyone just assumes that because I don't have a different girl with me every night, that I'm never with a girl at all. It doesn't help that I used to do that, during college and my rookie year."

"What changed?"

"Josephine happened. I thought I loved her but, she was just using me for fame." He says and I frown.

"I'm sorry."

"Thanks. What about you. How long has it been for you?" He asks. I guess I can't be mad, plus, I'm pretty sure he's a little tipsy too.

"I don't even know. I always had to do stuff for him. Then he'd claim he was too tired to do anything for me, or for the both of us." I say, looking at the ground. "And when he would finally do something, it wasn't good. I don't remember the last time I had a real orgasm." I blurt out before I can stop it. But, I didn't care, I was kinda drunk.

"Faked it?"

"Fake it till you make it, right?"

"Christian?" A female voice speaks up from behind us.

The sound of Kayla Shields shrill voice echoes through my ears, making me cringe. I turn around, plastering a tight, fake smile on my lips. "Kayla?"

"Hey! It's been forever."

I awkwardly chuckle, scratching the back of my neck. "Yeah. Well, you did move to another state."

"I know. How long has it been? Three years?" She asks, chomping loudly on a piece of gum.

"Something like that."

Her blonde hair was perfectly straight, falling down her back. She was wearing a tight red dress that was short and hugged her perfectly. Her cleavage was showing as her breasts were pressed together... And up. Her makeup was way too heavy, and I already knew the Louis Vuitton she was carrying was fake.

"How have you been?" She asks, placing her hand on my arm.

I gently shrug her hand off, not wanting to be rude. "Fine. Thanks. Um.." I look over at Brinley, "We should get going."

"Oh.. who's this?" Kayla asks, her tone changing entirely.

"Brinley... My, girlfriend." I say and Brinley's eyes slightly widen. I give her a pleading look and she smiles, wrapping her arm around my waist.

"You have a girlfriend?" Kayla laughs, "That's funny. I forgot how funny you were." She swats my chest playfully, batting her fake eyelashes at me.

"He's not kidding." Brinley snaps and I smile down at her.

"Oh.. Is she the mother of your child or something?"

Okay, now I was getting pissed. "That's none of your business."

"No need to be rude, Christian. I was just asking." She scoffs, twirling her hair around her finger.

It was this moment right here, that made me regret my years of bunny scandals even more.

"Well, I didn't like your tone." I say through slightly gritted teeth. Brinley's thumb moves up and down on my lower back and I feel myself calming down. I'm not sure why...

"I think you should leave." Brinley says, a tight smile on her face.

"Who are you again?" Kayla asks and Brinley goes to step forward but I stop her. "You sound like you need to go back to Old McDonald's."

Brinley laughs. A laugh that kind of scared me to be honest, "That's all you could come up with?"

"Christian, I don't like her."

"I don't care what you think." I manage to say as calmly as possible.

"You should. Remember how much you used to love when I would-"

"Stop. Kayla. We slept together like twice, and I'm pretty sure I was drunk both times." I say and her mouth gapes open.

"You know, I really thought being a dad changed you." She says, her "sweet" side instantly going away and jealousy crawling out.

"It did. You're the one who hasn't." I say before turning Brinley and I around and walking to other way.

"Christian! Don't walk away from me! She's not even pretty!" She yells behind me and I roll my eyes.

"Jealous bitch."

*

"I'm sorry you had to deal with her." I say, looking over at Brinley on the couch.

"It's fine. I've dealt with jealous little girls my whole life, its nothing new."

"Thanks for being my girlfriend for those dreadful five minutes." I say, smiling gratefully at her.

"Anytime." She smiles at me.

For the first time ever, I take a minute to take in all the details of her face. Her dark brown eyes were warm and chocolaty. She had freckles scattered all over her face but, mainly across her nose and cheeks. Her face was round and she had slightly chubby cheeks, but in a cute way. Her cupid's bow lips were plump and round and light pink.

She had on a pair of black rimmed, square shaped glasses with fairly thick lenses. Her dark brown hair was thrown up into a bun, leaving her bangs and some other pieces hanging out.

She had a tiny diamond stud, on the nare of her right nostril on her nose. And two piercings in her ears.

"What?" She asks, giving me a confused look.

"Nothing.." I say, clearing my throat, "So you grew up on a farm. What animals did you have?" I ask, quickly changing the subject.

"Well, we've had horses and cattle since I was little and then when I was a freshman in high school with got sheep." She tells me.

"That's a lot."

"You have no idea. We have about a hundred cattle.", my eyes widen as she talks, "I don't even know how many sheep anymore, and we each have our own horses."

My mouth is gaped open and she reaches over, pushing my chin up but, I just let my mouth fall back open. "Oh! We have chickens and ducks too!" She says excitedly.

"You said you have a sister right?"

"Yeah, she's 4 years younger than me.", she smiles, "Her name is Emery. She's a little shit but, I love her."

"Are you guys close then?"

"Yeah. She's still in school though so, I don't get to talk to her as much right now."

"What's she going for?"

"Speech and Hearing sciences. She wants to be a Speech Therapist." She answers excitedly. You can tell she's proud of her sister.

"That's cool."

"You said you're an only child, right?" She asks and I nod.

"Sounds boring."

"It was at times." I say and she chuckles.

She reaches forward, grabbing the remote. "Whatcha turning on?"

"It's Gilmore Girls season." She says, the corner of her lips quirking up.

"Oh come on!" I groan, laying my head back on the top of the couch.

"Shush." She says before starting the first episode. "I want popcorn." She whines.

"Well, I want to not be watching this."

"Have you ever even seen it?"

"Bits and pieces with my mom." I say, shrugging my shoulder.

"Shut up and watch then, it's funny." She says, sinking further into the couch, the fluffy blanket she had was pulled up to her chin.

"Are you cold?" I ask and she shakes her head.

"No, I'm comfortable." She says, a yawn escaping her lips.

We got about an episode in before I was invested in the stupid show.

I laugh, "Oh my God, Luke is great!"

"I told you." She says, laying her head on the top of the couch, her legs curled up underneath her. "And you didn't want to watch it."

"Well, I underestimated it."

"Just like you underestimated my strength?" She quips, a grin on her face.

"Ha ha. We get it, you won." I roll my eyes, lazily laying my arm on top of the couch.

"You're such a sore loser." She rolls her eyes, focusing back on the TV.

*

I look down at Brinley to see her passed out on my shoulder. She fell there an episode ago and I didn't have the heart to move her. Nor did I really want to but, I wasn't going to admit that.

I end up watching a couple more episodes before deciding to go to bed. I thought about waking Brinley up or leaving her there, but I ended up doing neither of those things and I carried her into the room she was staying in. I place her gently on the bed, making sure her head was on a pillow, before pulling the covers over her.

She stirred for a minute and I tensed, not wanting her to think I was doing something creepy. She settles before letting out a sigh. I brush a strand of hair out of her face before turning around and walking towards the door, "Goodnight Christian.", she whispers and I turn around.

"Goodnight Brinley."

Word Count: 1,586

It's official, I'm INSTAGRAM official.

Follow me @ holl1ewrites

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

109K 3.2K 35
A single mom with a past, and a tattooed bad boy who needs to change his future. Macy Roberston knows better than to get too close to the bad boy hoc...
104K 1.7K 54
"I try so hard to be just friends but you sure don't make it easy." He averts his gaze from mine, and I wish he'd just look me in the face. "I don't...
42.8K 1.6K 62
"I already killed your mother, Cam." As the words left my enemy's mouth like a mocking sneer, I growled under my breath at the mention of my old name...
142K 4.8K 41
"๐ˆ๐ญ'๐ฌ ๐ฃ๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ญ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ˆ, ๐‚๐ก๐ž๐ซ๐ซ๐ฒ." [MATURE] After finally getting rid of her toxic boyfriend, Bethany Russo is ready to take control...