waiting for sadiq

By khadyjatt

STARTED 28 JULY 2022 FINISHED 17 SEPTEMBER 2022 When Nanah chooses to wait for the man she love "sadiq" never... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
THE END

45

313 46 13
By khadyjatt

WAITING FOR SADIQ
CHAPTER 45

FATIMA'S POV

Usually I'm not a morning person, I love and value my sleep especially with how exhausted i am from the long night with Abubakar,
I wake up so tired and hungry, I grab my phone to check the time and its 15minutes past 12pm, I sigh and come down from the bed.
I deliberate on wether or not to change the halfquater and long sleeve pyjamas I'm wearing or head downstairs like this, I would love to bath but I'm so hungry, I wonder if my husband is still home, as if reading my thoughts the door to the bedroom open and he walks in.

"Good morning."I greet and he smile at me.

"You are finally awake,
How was your night?"he ask and i nod cleaning my eyes with the back of my hand.

"I will be right back,
I've been called for an emergency at the hospital,
You should go downstairs your food is there."he say and i nod.

I head for the door and we both exit together as he ask me if I'm ok with how my bedroom look.

As we come down the stairs i spot Nanah clearing the dinning table, I'm nervous Nanah sure is older than me but she's beautiful and doesn't even look 30 as she claimed to be.

"Nanah i will be right back."Abubakar say and i swear to God he says it as do he's scared of her or something, she look up at him before glancing to me and then go back to what she's doing.

I watch as my husband quickly exit the parlour and i turn my gaze to the dinning table but nanah is gone, I walk to the kitchen where the sound is coming from.

"Good morning Aunty Nanah."I greet and she look up at me from what she's doing by the sink.

"Morning."she say and continue doing her chores.

It makes me wonder if this is how she is or is it because of me, I walk inside the kitchen and stand clueless to what to do, I look around the big tasteful kitchen and release a heavy breathe.

"There's jellof rice and chicken if you want to eat."she say and i look back to her.

"No it's fine i will drink tea but later I will eat the rice."I say and she didn't say a word.

I wait until she clear up the kitchen and leave before I release a heavy breathe of exhaustion.
Nanah doesn't look very welcoming but I don't honestly expect her to be welcoming especially knowing that I will give the one thing she can't give to abubakar "children"

Nanah's POV

When I make the decision to come back to Abu's house this morning, I'm not very sure what to expect but definitely not him asking me annoyingly what happened to my head,
I don't have anything against Fatima but I will like to maintain my boundaries, I don't want unnecessary problem,
I will speak to Abu again regarding the money he promised me to start business maybe that will keep me busy, I am currently arranging my closet putting some of Abu's dirty clothes in the hamper so I can seperate them differently for the laundry when my bedroom door open, I don't bother to look up because I know it's Abu, I dont expect that girl to come to my bedroom.

I peek from the closet and sure enough it's Abu.

"Nanah."he call and i didn't answer rather i continue with what I'm doing.

"Nanah!!"he call again and walk inside the closet, I didn't bother to look up because Abu isn't the person i want to see right now, I'm upset with him to the bone.

"Uhmmm,
You didn't cook lunch?'he ask and i humm in response.

"But I drank only tea for breakfast,
I'm hungry you cannot even believe i didn't even sit since i got to the hospital, there's probably a cholera outbreak or something, the hospital is full."he rant and i close my side if the drawer and walk to the hamper throwing the few dirty clothes inside.

"Excuse me." I say and Abu look down at me confuse.

"Nanah...

"Abu there's jellof rice in the fridge if you are hungry,
I cannot cook anything knowing that food i cooked this morning is there in the fridge, shift I want to load this things in the washing machine and sleep,
I'm not very strong as you can see."I say and he sigh.

"Nanah you know i don't eat leftover's an..

"Good thing you have another wife now,
You can go and ask her to prepare something for you,
Look Abu I'm not in the mood for this your problems please."I say and exit the closet with a hiss.

"Haba Nanah,
This girl just got to this house yesterday night and you expect her to cook?
It'...........

"Abubakar."I call looking at him.
Marriage duties doesn't have any rules of been a new bride,
Go and tell your wife to cook for you and if you feel you cannot then the kitchen is downstairs the door by the left next to the guest room."I say and he shake his head as if suprise by what I say.

"You are been inconsiderate and childish."he say, i ignore him and exit the bedroom not really in the mood to talk.

I head to do my laundry and rest, my head throb so badly, I know i shouldn't b stressing myself like this but i can't help, with alot of thoughts in my mind i head to the laundry room to do my chores.

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Cooking isn't something Abu can say he is good at, kitchen in general isn't his thing, after wandering around the kitchen cluelessly for more than 45minutes he decide to do the only solution he's left with, which is ask Fatima to cook something for him,
He's hungry and if care is not taken he will passed out do to hunger,
He would have buy food but he's one of those people that have this excessive curiosity on hygiene so he doesn't eat outside.

Opening the bedroom door to Fatima he cringe at the distorted bedroom,
Fatima is sitting on the bedroom floor with her phone smiling at whatsoever.

"Welcome."she say and continue pressing her phone.

"Why is this bedroom still like this?"he ask and Fatima look around confuse.

"How?"she say and drop the phone before standing up.

"You are still on your PJ?"he ask baffle looking at his wrist watch.

"I will bath,
I just rest a little,
You know i didn't wake up early that's why."Fatima say and Abu glance at the mug and empty plate on the floor of the bedroom before releasing a heavy breathe.

"I want you to cook something for me,
Nanah is busy."he say and Fatima look up at him.

"Ohhhhh."she say scratching the back of her head.

"Okay."she say looking at Abu.

"I want dry okra soup with demo."he say and Fatima nod.

She grab her phone from the bed and head for the door as Abu look at her confuse.

"Where are you going to?"he ask confuse and Fatima look at him confuse.

"To make the food."she say and Abu shake his head in disbelief.

"Like this?
Look at this bedroom,
The plates on the floor and you haven't even shower."he say and Fatima stand dumbfounded,
He's use to neat environment and Nanah is always neat and organized this is definitely not something he's looking forward to he hope this isn't how lazy fatima is.

"But.
I will cook then arrange the house and bath at once."she say and Abu shake his head.

"No."he say plainly
You arrange this bedroom, shower and cook the food,
Hury up please,
Just call me when you are done i will be in nanah's bedroom I need to rest."he say and exit the bedroom.

Fatima sigh and blow some air from her mouth, cooking isn't her things,
She grew up well sheltered, her mum have maids do all the chores and she doesn't pay attention around the kitchen the few times she's in there she cook only her noodles,
She sigh and look tiredly at the bed with a hiss, she will have to tell Abu to get a maid because she can't handle this stress,
not at all, she marry to rest not to be a maid or slave in her own home.

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
Abubakar POV

I'm not really suprise by nanah's attitude, she can be melo dramatic of she wants to be, I still cannot believe Fatima hasn't shower since morning it's past 3pm, I do hope she's not one of those lazy spoilt children, I sigh and decide to take a nap so by the time i wake up my food will be ready,
The bedroom door open and Nanah walks in, she give me this gravely look before heading to the bathroom, making me to sigh.

"Abu."she call coming out from the bathroom as she fold the sleeve of the long gown she's wearing.

"I want us to talk."she say and sit on the couch facing the bed as i stare at her, I'm still curious to what happened to her forehead.

"I'm listening"I say tiredly as a yawn escape my mouth.

"When are you giving me the money you promised?
I need to start something with my life,
If you are not going to give me ne let me know so i can know the next step to take."she say and i sigh with a facepalm.

"Nanah."I say with a sigh
"How about I place you on a monthly salary, atleast 250k every months, your salary was 150k, you see I add extra 100k for you."i suggest and she hiss.

"That wasn't the agreement we had,
You promised me capital Abu a.....

"I don't have money to give you Nanah,.why are you always making things difficult for me?
Haba,
I just got married, I spend alot can't you atleast be patient for a while,
If you upset me I'm not even going to give a dine to you and you won't still go to the work,
What nonsense is all this."I outburst and she just give me this pathetic look lifting her lips up in an annoying way and hiss.

She stand up grumbling to herself and exit the bedroom making me to sigh, this hunger doesn't help my frustration, I close my eyes and i instantly fall asleep,

I wake up soo hungry, I didn't enjoy my sleep, i glance at the wall clock and it's to 5pm, I believe by now Fatima is done cooking, I scramble out of the bed with a sigh, will love to pray but food will have to come first at this moment, coming down the stairs the loud music playing in the parlour make my brow furrow as i walk down the stairs.

"Cause you dey amaze, you dey amaze me ('cause you dey amaze, you dey amaze me)
Your body amazin', don't be late (your body amazin', don't be late)
Don't keep me waitin' (don't keep me waitin')
No procrastinatin' (no procrastinatin')
Terminator (terminator)
We don get agreement oh (we don get agreement oh)
No terminatin' (no terminatin')..... " Fatima's loud voice sing and i grab the remote from the couch and reduce the volume.

"Ohhh,
You are awake."she say coming out from the kitchen.

"Why this loud music,
You are not the only person in this house,
Is the food done?"I ask with a yawn walking to the dinning table.

"Yes, I will just dish it for you,
Have a sit."she say and disappear back to the kitchen as i sit tiredly on the dinning table,
She come out with the washing hand bowl and drop it in my front Making me to sigh impatiently waiting for the food as she head back to the kitchen.

After a while she come out with the tray, I look at the distorted shapeless senorita that's been dish on the plate and sigh.

"Why didn't you mold the semo, look how badly presented it look."I grumble washing my hands as she drop the soup in my front.

"Should i bring you water or ?"

"Water is fine."I say and dig to cut the semo as i feel the small, small seed in it.

"God."I say tiredly and decide to just eat it, perhaps she's nervous that's why, I say to myself as i dip it into the soup.

"Bismillah."I say and put the food in my mouth.

I pause for a while trying to process the tasteless and sour food, it's the most bad dish i have ever taste in my entire life.

"Here is your water."she say and drop the glass of water for me, I try my very best and swallow it before drinking the water at once.

"Did you taste this food at all?"I ask and she shake her head.

"I'm not hungry."she say and i shake my head pushing the food from my front.

"This food taste bad."I say straightforward because I don't know a word I will use other than bad.

She stare at me probably not expecting me to say that, I wash my hand and stand up from the dinning table.

I feel all the hunger in me gone, it's replace by a very upsetting anger and frustration as i head upstairs talking to myself about whatsoever.

❤️❤️An Autan-mama books collection❤️❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.8K 790 37
" I know this marriage started as an arrangement but now I've fallen for you. Please give me a chance to love you and show you that I care." I told h...
119K 13.2K 32
COMPLETED English/Hausa For someone who has never had it easy in life, Labiba believed her world has finally come to an end when she was practically...
6K 314 17
Jalilah had it all figured out, graduated, travelled around the world, and eventually find that one true undeniable love. In a twist of fate, she wa...
89.6K 12.4K 61
•Highest Ranks• #1 - In Arewa_23rd August, 2021. #1 - In Fulani_17th September, 2021. #2 - In Part 1_19th October, 2021. #1 - In Pity_27th October...