IN RUINS- James Potter

By tk2651

Nora Black didn't understand why anyone like James Potter would waste his time on a Slytherin, who was nothin... More

introduction
part one- young and beautiful
chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty one
chapter twenty two
chapter twenty four
chapter twenty five
chapter twenty six
chapter twenty seven
chapter twenty eight
part two- what was i made for?
chapter twenty nine
chapter thirty
chapter thirty one
chapter thirty two
chapter thirty three
chapter thirty four
chapter thirty five
chapter thirty six
chapter thirty seven
chapter thirty eight
chapter thirty nine
chapter forty
chapter forty one
chapter forty two
chapter forty three
chapter forty four
chapter forty five
chapter forty six
chapter forty seven
chapter forty eight
chapter forty nine
chapter fifty
chapter fifty one
chapter fifty two
chapter fifty three
chapter fifty four
chapter fifty five
chapter fifty six
chapter fifty seven
chapter fifty eight
chapter fifty nine
chapter sixty
chapter sixty one
chapter sixty two
chapter sixty three
chapter sixty four
chapter sixty five
chapter sixty six
chapter sixty seven
chapter sixty eight
chapter sixty nine
chapter seventy
part three- mad woman
chapter seventy one
chapter seventy two
chapter seventy three
chapter seventy four
chapter seventy five
chapter seventy six
chapter seventy seven
chapter seventy eight
chapter seventy nine
chapter eighty
chapter eighty one
chapter eighty two
chapter eighty three
chapter eighty four
chapter eighty five
chapter eighty six
chapter eighty seven
chapter eighty eight
chapter eighty nine
chapter ninety
chapter ninety one
chapter ninety two
chapter ninety three
chapter ninety four
chapter ninety five
chapter ninety six
chapter ninety seven
chapter ninety eight
chapter ninety nine
chapter one hundred
chapter one hundred and one
chapter one hundred and two
part four- the finale
chapter one hundred and three
chapter one hundred and four
chapter one hundred and five
chapter one hundred and six
chapter one hundred and seven
chapter one hundred and eight
chapter one hundred and nine
chapter one hundred and ten
chapter one hundred and eleven
chapter one hundred and twelve
chapter one hundred and thirteen
chapter one hundred and fourteen
chapter one hundred and fifteen
chapter one hundred and sixteen
chapter one hundred and seventeen
chapter one hundred and eighteen
chapter one hundred and nineteen
chapter one hundred and twenty
chapter one hundred and twenty one
chapter one hundred and twenty two
chapter one hundred and twenty three
chapter one hundred and twenty four
chapter one hundred and twenty five
chapter one hundred and twenty six
chapter one hundred and twenty seven
chapter one hundred and twenty eight
chapter one hundred and twenty nine
chapter one hundred and thirty
chapter one hundred and thirty one

chapter twenty three

1.6K 39 3
By tk2651

Avoiding things... it was said easier than done, standing behind absurd things to not be seen by the person you're avoiding. For James, he tried everything to not look at Lily Evans after his awkward date with Nora, even avoiding her at times.

Throughout the last couple of weeks, suspicions of Nora and James breaking up was through the roof, it confused Nora as to why this was happening, wondering if James might've jokingly say it and people take it out of hands.

Rage has gone through Nora many times, not talking properly, ignoring everyone and everything, even being aggressive to anyone that looks at her.

It made Nora feel crazy— which she hates to admit, James and her were finally at a place where they've become at peace together, Sirius was accepting the fact they were together, Nora thought all was well.

Sitting in transfiguration class and sitting alone again today, Nora saw the looks of everyone between her and James, every now and then she tried to look his way but he would awkwardly look away and clear his throat.

Going back to everything she's done, never once did she ever made him feel below her, wondering what could've gone wrong.

Nora loved the date she had with James, which made things difficult for her to say the least, his eyes seemed to be the highlight of her day sometimes, the way she caught him smiling. Everything about him was making it harder for Nora to keep this fake act going where she rather puke than be with him.

Nora frowned when she turned back around, looking back at the word and writing down some things for the O.W.Ls, less than three months away. "Oi Nora." Severus hissed a whisper, trying to get her to turn around to face Evans and Snape.

"What the hell do you want ?" She hissed back, not looking at liky. "What's up with you and four eyes— OW lily!" Severus whined, getting a pinch from the red head beside him. "None of your bloody business." Nora snapped, aggressively turning her head back around.

"I bet regulus ratted them out to her mother— OW LILY! You must stop!" Severus said louder than expected. Nora grinned when McGonagall stopped talking, putting her wand away.

"Is everything alright, Mr.Snape & Miss.Evans?" She asked, patiently waiting for an answer. "All good pro—fessor," Snape stuttered a little, already knowing his arm would bruise.

"Please keep it down then." She said, continuing the lesson when she realized they were out of time anyways, needing to go to potions.

Quickly gathering her things and waiting for James to talk to her, she watched him leave instantly, feeling very small and shallow, aggressively grabbing her bag and pushing people out of her way, even pushing Snape out of the way as she left the class, going to make it everyone's problem, letting them know what kind of mood she was in.

"Something happened with her and Potter, she probably called it off." Whispered a Hufflepuff behind her. Mentally, Nora could see herself hitting the girl, however another part of her wanted to see what else the two girls would say, going the opposite way of Nora.

Shaking her head; and panting quietly due to the stairs, Nora fast walked so much she made it it under ten minutes, throwing her bag to the ground bad sitting in the back.

Shouldn't have gone on that date. It's your fault. Nora thought, putting her hands into fists as Slughorn came to stand by her. "Everything alright my dear?" He asked in his shaky tone, getting older.

"Peachy, professor." Faking a smile to not let Slughorn worry, Nora squinted her eyes as Sirius came to sit beside her; with his bag and everything.

Trying to ignore him, Nora got out her book, thanking the fact that Sirius' hair is in her way of looking at James. Sirius noticed the way Nora's leg bounced, watching how she would make it stop but putting her hand on it, trying to make herself focus.

Nora has gone two days without sleeping for more than three hours, and when she does, it's about James and how he's ignoring her. Writing down notes, Sirius tried to stop Nora's leg from shaking, being startled as she swatted his hand away. "I'm fine Sirius." She whispered, continuing to write again.

Sirius scoffed so loud the class definitely heard; however Slughorn probably didn't have his hearing aid in, shaking his head.

"I know when you're fine, and you haven't been. Just last week you didn't even show up to the quidditch game, did you apologize to reg at least?" Sirius whispered; scooting his chair a little flower.

"No I let him cry himself to sleep; obviously I apologized, we won anyways." Nora said a little smirk, still wanting to crack his head. "Well good, but this little funk of yours cannot go on any longer. I don't know what's up with prongs but the second I do I'll let you know why."

Nora was confused as to why Sirius cared so much, the last time the twins talked about their feelings was when Nora stole Sirius' hair gel to use one day when they were eight, telling each other how they felt.

Nora felt like she was right again, more closed off as she knew her feelings wouldn't matter in five-ten years, knowing she should just stop with this and move on with her life.

"Doesn't matter, I don't care about him." Nora swiftly said, wanting to rip her eyes out when she saw Atticus and Betty flirt not too far from her. Valentine's Day wasn't too far from now, and yet Nora wouldn't be celebrating, breaking her quill.

Luckily todays class wasn't about potion making, Slughorn let his class work on their study packets for the O.W.L's, knowing she had to help Sirius with the transfiguration book package they got, not too long ago.

"What's the movement for the switching spell?"

Leaning her cheek into her palm as her elbow slowly slid on the table, Nora watched the back of James' head; wondering what he was thinking then. Looking back at Sirius shrugging his shoulders and waiting for Nora to do so; she grabbed her brothers wand and made sure he paid attention; making an 'O' face.

"How did you get the smart genes?" Sirius questions, both deciding to think about that. "I push myself Sirius, plus I do this to prove father wrong; that women can have an education." Nora explained, feeling her angry mood soon be lifted off her shoulders.

"Then how did Reggie get the smart genes?" Sirius asks, drawing how to do the spell so he can remember. "Cause Regulus actually listens to his professor and doesn't try to come up with pranks in the middle of the lesson." Nora said t stating the obvious.

"Mr.Black please don't annoy your sister." Slughorn called him out, sitting at his desk and looking at the twins.

Nora saw everyone turn their heads to see the twins be together for once before trying to rip out each other's head. Something in Nora made her look at James to see if he would turn to see; he didn't.

As the bell ring, Sirius decided to stay with his sister, making sure she'll be okay for lunch, taking her to a place where he likes to collect his thoughts and express his anger.

"But I never miss lunch." Nora said, feeling guilty for not bribing regulus along. "Reggie can come, what class does he have right now?" Sirius already read his sisters mind, winking at her and acting like it was twin telepathy.

"Sirius you coming?" Lupin comes over to the twins, giving Nora a sad smile. Nora didn't know what that meant, wishing she read his face a bit better, wondering what it could've meant; but either way it didn't look good.

"No, you three go; I need to be with my sister." Sirius smiled, patting Lupins chest as Sirius made Nora walk out first to avoid the look of James.

Finding their brother in ancient runes, Nora apologized in advance, watching Sirius smile brightly. "Why are we doing this? Now we've left out Evan." Regulus moaned, hearing a mhmm from his older sister. "Merlin, do you two always complain?"

Inside the castle, walked a very tired some James Potter with his two friends, making their way to lunch. James wasn't handling that fact he wished it was Lily at the date with him and instead of Nora, he doesn't understand why when all he could see in front of him was a cold hearted Slytherin who had had anger issues.

James knew liking someone for the past five years of his life would be a hard thing, however he didn't know it would be so heard, knowing it would take more than four months to get over the girl he's been flirting with since he bumped into her at this school.

Sitting down as Peter was talking about a blonde from Hufflepuff, James tried to shut off the world; knowing he did exactly what he said he didn't want to do; fuck up the one thing that was good in life. Nora occupied his mind, but yet there was a hint of Lily in his mind, it made him insane to be quite honest.

"Oi! James!" Remus finally snapped him back to reality when he saw the fact James wasn't eating nor was he talking, his usual self to say the least. "Is everything okay prongs?" Peter asked; already a little afraid to ask his best friend. "Fine Pete, so how is the Blondie doing?" James mumbled, trying to seem like himself.

"They're going to study together." Remus filled him in, pouring his plate and giving him a cup of juice to drink. James cheered his friend, sighing and deciding to eat. "Oi Potter." Yelled a voice, making the three turn to see a very angry Betty, rushing towards their table.

"What the fuck have you done to Nora?" She snapped, slamming her hands into the table as Atticus finally caught him to her. The Gryffindor table turned as they saw two Slytherins near their table. James felt his hands go into fists for a minute as he huffed.

"Nothing happened, we're fine." Remembering they were still fake dating; James looked at Atticus who definitely knew it was an act, telling Betty it's a bad idea to do this.

"I know you two go on dates every second you get the chance to go to hogsmeade, but Nora kept telling me you seemed off even when you asked her at the game. And now you've been avoiding her for three weeks, three! What did she do that was so wrong?" Betty pleaded, pushing Atticus away from her hips to try and grab her to leave.

James knew whatever Betty said was all real, three miserable weeks where James thought about both Lily and Nora, and for what? To toy with Nora's feelings and string her along for the ride.

It wasn't fair for Nora. James did know that, however he's never felt this type of way, which concerns him as to why he didn't feel that way with Lily.

"Flint, no offence, but I think it's best that you leave. No need to cause a scene." Peter spoke up, not realizing how bad tnat sounded.

Remus slapped the back of peters head as he tried to apologize. Seeing Atticus stand in front of Betty to give Peter a dirty look. "Say shit like that again and you'll be eating your own tongue."

Shaking his head and looking at James, Atticus pointed his fingers at James, disappointed in him. "I warned you Potter, please fix it or we'll bring Avery into this." Grabbing Betty and telling her it was time to go, James was sure he just shit  himself, feeling sweat drip down the side.

Seeing the stares and everyone looking at him, James felt embarrassed to say the least, wanting to leave the area as he stood up and walked out; with Remus and Peter stringing along.

Back outside, Nora was loving his Sirius had a never ending amount of rocks that they threw at the trees near the greenhouses; yelling out things they were stressed about. "I wish Ancient runes wasn't a class!" Regulus angrily said; throwing the rock a little weakly.

Nora tried to give him sympathy, also wondering how he was the seeker for the Slytherin quidditch team. "Nice efforts Reggie." Sirius smiled, handing a rock to Nora. Not being to catch it properly, Nora picked it up as she thought about what to say, becoming a little angrier than she anticipated.

"Fuck James potter." She yelled, earning a hell yeah! From Regulus, throwing the rock and watching it break as Nora throw the rock with all rage and the efforts if she ever wanted to slap James, putting it into the rock instead.

"Well uh, that has never happened before." Sirius scratched his head; a little scared of his brother and sister. "Well I feel great now." Nora declared, looking at regulus who nodded with her. "Well I'm glad, let's go back now."

Hearing some yelling not too far from them, the Black siblings were curious as to who were fighting, soon seeing Severus in the air upside down.

"What the hell?" Coming towards a better view; Nora saw James holding out his wand as he was making Severus spin around in mid air, for all of everyone could.

"James i think this is enough now." Sirius said, trying to get his best friend to stop. "Oh you sound just like Moony," James smiled, concentrating back onto Severus.

Nora and regulus crossed their arms; both mildly enjoying the show, and yet feeling bad for the lad— just a little. Nora tried to not find this assuming, especially with the fact Avery and Nott were there witnessing everything.

"Hey— what the hell is potter doing?" Betty shrieked, putting her hands over her face in a gasp. "Oh shite," Atticus said with a little bit of laughter. "It's not funny, but it is entertaining." Regulus piped in, getting a slap on his arm by Nora who shook her head.

"PUT ME DOWN!" Snape whimpered, trying to spin back around so he didn't have his blood going straight to his head and hurting. "Oh Snape, not just yet."

The crowd began to get bigger, chanting for James to do something to him and the others were Slytherins that didn't like this— no matter who it was. Lily had eventually come outside and tried to make everything stop, worried for Snape to say the least.

"James! What the hell! You have crossed the line, put him down." Evans demanded, putting her foot down. Nora saw the way James' emotion didn't change, confused as to why he was doing this in the very first place. "He deserves it anyways Evans." James mumbled out.

"This is getting ridiculous potter! Listen to the red head and put him down!" Nora shouted un-crossing her arms and grabbing his attention.

James was purposely not looking at Nora's direction, and Nora knew because of the way James was looking at Snape, filled of anger and sadness.

Grabbing her wand and mumbling a spell that'll make him stop, James' hand had let go of his wand,  as everyone watched Snape fell from 50 feet high, all going quiet when Severus didn't move for a minute.

Nora felt like she was holding in her breath for a long time when Evans ran over to comfort Severus, along with Nott and Evan, asking him if he was alright.

Nora walked over and made sure he was alright, standing between Nott and Evan as they watched Evans mother Snape. . "Ugh can't believe they did that," Evans shook her head. "I'm fine Lily," Snape tried to brush her off, blushing red in front of his friends.

"Looks like Evans wears the pants." Nott said into Nora's ears, making her giggle a little. "As she should." Evan piped in. "Are you hurt?" Nott asked, trying to make Lily go away— which she didn't.

As Lily was trying to get Snape to the hospital wing, Nora saw the way Sirius and Lupin make James leave before a professor were to come. Nora knew something was up with James, watching him not walk away or anything; trying to see what was happening with Snape and Lily.

Even if she was annoyed, Nora couldn't help but feel her stomach feel like butterflies, turning around as Lily was trying to make Severus walk.

"Evans if Snape is fine; then he's fine." Nott said; snapping Nora back to the two. "What? No listen to Evans! Snape go now." Nora demanded, hearing Nott scoff as Evan agreed with her too.

"Yes so let's go—"

"I'm fine! I don't need help from some Mudblood!"  Severus yelled too loud for everyone to hear.

Nora gasped as she grabbed Notts arm, purely in shock from the fact that Severus even yelled— not to mention the fact he even said the slur that he wouldn't ever use. "I... I don't know what I did."

Watching the way the poor red head fell almost ill, she watched Lily run away with watery eyes and a guilty Slytherin realizing he fucked up big time.

Nora knew exactly the way Lily Evans felt because of how many times people have called her that, let alone a former friend she just recently started talking to again. It made her feel like they were little again, except Severus protected the small red head, telling her and Betty off.

Nora's heart ached for the girl, knowing she just tried to fit in without making her blood status her personality, and she's done that, but Nora knew this was going to cross the line because her best friend of 6 years just threw it all down the drain.

"That's low Snape, even for you." Nora shook her head in disappointment, all watching the red head run away.

Shaking her head, Nora saw Marlene McKinnon run after Evans, trying to ignore Snape trying to act like he didn't say anything bad. In all of the five years, Nora didn't think Snape would ever say that word, no matter if he was mad or not; she honestly thought he was one of the better Slytherins.

Nora wanted to yell at him , except Avery came over clapping and put her arm around Snape's neck. "Well well, looks like you're a true Slytherin after all." He laughed with Nott, making Severus give them a handshake.

Trying to hold in her awful comments, Nora composed herself, looking behind to see James and his friends all in shock to see what the hell just happened. 

Something in Nora made her death stare James, letting him know it was his fault that this happened, wanting to kill him first before she was going to kill Avery and Nott.

James finally looked in Nora's direction, his glasses got foggy as he took them off and walked over to her."I'm sorry." Was all James said, not surprising Nora one bit, clearing her throat.

"Half of the school thinks we broke up, and in all honesty, I don't know if this is a riot for the school or you're having second thoughts about this fake relationship that you practically begged me to do." Nora huffed, deciding she should tell James off while she's at it.

"I have to give you a reason?" James asked like that's the most obvious thing a person does in a relationship.

"You came to my cousins wedding just to ask me. Not to mention you didn't say no to the bookstore with me and Sirius, I used to care about my studies and now I'm worried about what shite you're going to pull with me, first a date and now you're ignoring me?! Tell me why." Nora whined, becoming frustrated and want to rip her hair out.

"I don't want to say why." James grumbled, crossing his arms and huffing. Nora scoffed, mocking the boy as her hands went into fists to try and calm herself down.

"Are you kidding me?! Use your words, be brave like a Gryffindor." Nora sassed, cracking her knuckles.

"No, Nora I don't have to alright? I don't have to tell anyone, I'm just so confused with my emotions that I don't know what to do." Nora stepped back when she realized she was about to see someone break down in front of her.

Nobody was outside anymore, all going back to their classes as Nora was witnessing James becoming frustrated and trying to not make his glasses foggy again.

"James.." Nora drifted off, coming closer to him as he looked at her with eyes that screamed sorry. "What's been going on?" She asked, making him answer this time. "I'm confused," was all he could say, getting a confused look from Nora.

"I never meant to shut you out Nora, in all honesty I just needed to figure out some shite, and I blew everything out of proportion, not to mention I made Lily cry." He scoffed, mentally mad at himself, and Nora could see it too. 

"It was bound to happen with Snape and Evans, the lads aren't the best influences." Nora said, trying to ease the tension between the two.  James nodded as he knew from experience, licking his lips.

"I am sorry about the way I acted after that date, I had an amazing time and was just conflicted with things and got into my head."

Nora knew exactly what James was talking about, any time she's around people, she's wondering if  there's something wrong with her and people can see her flaws, the flaws she tries so hard to mask.

"I'm sorry that I was a raging lunatic." Nora said with a shy smile, rocking back and forth towards her heels and her tippie toes. James cracked a smile as he sighed out loudly. "It's okay, you had every right to. I was just not being honest with you."

"Mind sharing what?" Nora asked in a sensitive tone, noticing how he tried to look away again. James shook his head, blinking faster as Nora felt her stomach go into waves.

She wondered if James was having second thoughts about her, even if he did like the date.

"I think, I just need more time, to figure out some stuff. It's nothing to do with you, it's clearly me." He said, sniffling a little. Nora knew she shouldn't take offence to this, but that also meant she wouldn't be able to talk to James for another bit.

We're on a fake break? She asked herself, trying to understand what that even means. "I don't understand?" She managed to say, confused and feeling dizzy with a million of things that are running through her mind.

James wished he had the courage to tell Nora what was really happening, however he was scared. Telling Nora the fact she thought of Lily for a while now would crush her. He couldn't have done that to her.

"I just need some alone time for now, clear up some things and hopefully feel better. We aren't breaking up, but we're on a break. If that makes sense."

It made a lot of sense. Almost too much for Nora. Biting her lip and nodding confidently, Nora knew exactly what's going to happen. "Sure, yeah, I-I guess." Nora stuttered, seeing relief wipe off of James' face.

Nora's face went blank, wondering what the bell this means for herself. What if I didn't want to break up? "Uh, okay, we'll I— I better go then." Nora asked, wondering if James would allow it— confused by this concept.

"It's just a break, we can still talk, but— yeah it's just a break." James said, trying to make her feel better. Nora sighed as she gave a thumbs up, turning away as she could see James frown for her.

Leaving James as she head her tears, Nora wondered what stuff James had to figure out, the giddy Gryffindor lad finally showed emotion that made her rethink her opinions on James, especially with the fact he did something so horrible not too long along.

Nora sucked in her tears as she was ready to go history of magic late, sitting in the empty seat as she apologized for being late. As I just started fancying him , Nora thought, fiddling with the necklace James got her.

Happy one month to us.

________________________

I apologize greatly for this chapter but this chapter needed to happen sooner of later. Clearly James is unwell and needs to understand his emotions than be putting them aside. Nora however, doesn't know anything about feelings and we explore that as well— partially.

This chapter was probably the hardest for me to write because I can relate to Nora AND James so much in so many ways.

Please don't hate me!!! I swear it'll get better, but for now, James and Nora are going to be un-happy becahse that's life lol.

*unedited chapter*

- t:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

93.2K 3K 78
⭒ I wish that you had thought this through, before I went and fell in love with you ⭒ Aries Melania Black, the youngest of the noble and most ancient...
361K 16K 62
WARNING: CURRENTLY BEING RE-WRITTEN - Old version will be removed when it is caught up KISMET /ˈkɪzmɛt/ ???? ???????; ????. Olivia King had found the...
452K 11.2K 38
OLD DRAFT, ella-rose, a strong-willed gryffindor, had always known james. they had been best friends since they were born and it's only when seventh...
28.5K 533 19
"You're my light. I need you. I tried to live without you, but it wasn't worth it."