P L A C I D I T Y ~ King Von

By xchunkli

placidity [ pluh-sid-i-tee ] noun. a calm or peaceful quality; tranquillity; serenity More

Uno
Tres
Cuatro
Cinco
Seis
Siete
Ocho
Nueve
Diez
Once
Doce
Trece
Catorce
Quince
Dieciséis
Diecisiete
Dieciocho
Diecinueve
Veinte
Veintiuno
Veintidos
Veintitres

Dos

3.6K 180 10
By xchunkli

"Please don't kill me"

"I have two daughters man, please don't kill me!" The rich man pleaded.

Von walked backwards, still pointing the gun at the average size asian man, stuffing the jewelry in his backpack.

"Shut the fuck up!" He spat. "I know there's more! Where the fuck is it?"

"That's all I have here. Those are custom pieces. I keep the rest at my store, I swear!" The man slowly started to walk toward Von.

"Stop fucking moving! The fuck wrong wit' you?" Von pressed the gun against the frantic man's head.

"Man, please. I didn't see you, I won't file a report. Please just don't kill me. Take what you have, it's worth a lot." Von mentally cursed knowing that this home invasion resulted in 3 Diamond necklaces.

He didn't want to do this, but this is the best he could do to come up with money on such short notice. Being a felon isn't exactly exciting to see on a job application.

"Shut the fuck up." Von pistol whipped the man, knocking him out cold.

He quickly zipped his bag, running out of the back door of the home.

Von panted as he ran through street after street, not stopping until he felt he was far away enough.

He finally found a sign "George's New Pawn".  He slowed his pace, catching his breath as he approached the front door.

He kept his head tucked as he waited in the fairly short line.

"Next!"

The line slightly moved up. Von stared down at his black and white roshe run shoes. He noticed how beat up they were and sighed. He only had these and his winter boots. He didn't want to be stuck wearing winter boots in the hot summer sun.

"Next!"

He was not front in line. His foot tapping against the carpeted floor and his head still tucked. Not wanting to make consistent eye contact with anyone. He wanted to be in and out.

"Next!"

Von stepped to the window, swinging his backpack off of his shoulders and onto the table.

"How may I help you today?" The disinterested look on the employee's face was prominent.

Her left cheek rested against her fist as her long candy red nails tapped the desk, waiting for Von.

"Uh, I wanna get something for these. I bought em' for my girl and she don't like em'." He laid the necklaces on the counter and pushed them underneath through the glass. She chuckled and rolled her eyes.

"You bought them? Right." Von didn't respond, tugging at the strings to his jacket.

"Wait here one second." She took the necklaces to the back room.

Von was now getting anxious as his nerves grew. He had done this before but it's been a while. His foot tapped against the carpet quickly, waiting for her return.

He looked at the clock that sat high against the wall.

If she wasn't back in the next minute he was going to leave. He didn't want to take the chances that they called the police.

He bit his lip in anticipation, not knowing what was taking so long.

"Alright. Our jewelry guy will give you $3,000 for it."

She returned with a small invoice breaking down the cost per necklace.

He nodded giving his approval.

"Alright, let me cash this out." She typed a few numbers into the register before making it open. She counted out $3,000 before placing the invoice on top, and into an envelope.

"Here. Next!" She pushed the envelope underneath the glass, dismissing Von.

He quickly took the envelope before slightly jogging out of the store.

He couldn't help the smile that came across his face as he thought about the $3,000 in his backpack. This would keep him and Saavia a float for a little while until he could figure something else out.

They had mostly been living off of Saavia's clients. Saavia did really nice hair for a cheap price, but because she never went to cosmetology school, she couldn't work in a shop.

They also do not have a home or car either, which plays a big role in that as well.

But Von was hoping that maybe just one more lick, he could afford to get them a car.

He bit his lip at the thought of Saavia. He promised her a while ago he would leave this part of him alone.

Von did 6 years in prison for a home invasion and armed robbery. It was the worst time of both him and Saavia's life. During those six years, Saavia made him promise to never go back to that life, no matter what. And he promised.

But he felt that circumstances changed now. Before prison, he provided a nice life for him and Saavia. He was able to buy her and himself anything they wanted. He did not enjoy stealing from people, Von was actually a sweetheart. But he tried to do it the right way and it seemed like everyone and everything was working against him.

He huffed as he climbed onto the bus, heading back toward the hotel.

He tapped his foot as he thought about how hungry Saavia might be. He remembered Ms. Frazier was cooking tonight but he did want to get Saavia something to hold her over.

He stood up to get off at the next stop. The bus approached a small marketplace that was about a block and a half from the hotel.

Stepping off of the bus, he walked toward the store.

"Aye nigga get yo' hands off me!" He turned his head to see two men arguing. One was older with a grayish beard, long jean shorts and a muscle shirt. The other might have been a little big younger, but he was dressed in designer from head to toe.

"I know you got some of that on you Ace. Just give me a little I'll owe you." The older man pleaded, attempting to grab the younger guy again.

"Touch me again, I'll blow yo' fucking head off."

Von took that as a sign to mind his business. He shook his head pushing the doors into the marketplace.

The smell of the bakery and hot foods, filled Von's nostrils. He took a deep breath in, causing his stomach to rumble.

He may have been ignoring how hungry he was since now he felt he could eat everything in this store twice over.

His feet followed his nose to the hot food section. He saw rotisserie chicken, fried chicken, popcorn shrimp, macaroni and cheese, mashed potatoes, potato wedges, green beans, spinach, corn on the cob  and yams.

He shook his head walking toward the bakery. He saw all kinds of fresh breads, freshly baked muffins and cakes as well as small cupcakes that were waiting to be iced.

Von felt his mouth salivating over the food. He knew Ms. Frazier was going to make enough food to feed a football team and he wanted to make this money stretch. So he decided to get snacks instead.

Making his way to the chip aisle, he picked up his favorite, Spicy Nacho Cheese Doritos, and Saavia's favorite, Munchies.

Stuffing the two bags under his arm, he began to scan the rest of the aisle for other snacks they like.

He felt a pair of eyes staring at the side of his face. He unintentionally pulled his dreads from one side to the other. His gut was right, he could see a short brown skin girl with long jet black hair staring at him out of his peripheral.

He waited a few seconds before turning his head.

"I'm in your way or something?" He raised his eyebrow. She chuckled before walking closer.

"Nah. You got Instagram?" She placed her phone in his hand with the app open.

"Nah ma." Giving her phone back to her. She chuckled again.

"Who doesn't have Instagram?"

"Me" he responded before walking towards the next aisle.

"Well can I get your number?" She bit her lip as she twirled her fingers through her hair.

She was not an ugly girl at all. But 'in love' was an understatement about how he felt for Saavia. He couldn't even fathom flirting with another girl, let alone cheating with one.

"I got a girl ma." He turned his head from her, now analyzing the cookie brands. He absolutely hated Oreo's but Saavia loved them. He grabbed two rolls of those before walking toward the chips ahoy.

"I have a man, so what?" She followed Von. Now mostly shocked that she was getting turned down this hard. This had never happened to her before.

"I'm not interested." We're his last words before he just tuned her out. He picked up the chips ahoy chewy cookies before deciding he didn't want anything else in this aisle.

"Are you not even listening?" He heard the girl say.

He still chose to ignore her which resulted in her storming off. Not before rolling her eyes, and flipping her hair onto his shoulder. 

Noticing the clock on the store wall, Saavia was probably worried about him and he needed to get back to the hotel to give Ben this money. He grabbed all the items needed to make sandwhiches, as well as a small case of water. His hands were ridiculously full, but for whatever reason, Von was one of those people that hated to push a shopping cart around.

He finally made it to the register, organizing everything on the belt. He spotted Saavia's favorite candy in the entire world, white chocolate Kit Kats. He smirked, grabbing two before placing them on the belt.

"That'll be $42.67" The male cashier stated as he pushed his glasses onto his face further.

Von swung his backpack around to get the money right after noticing a bouquet of roses on sale.

"How much the roses?"

"10 for $7." Von grabbed the bouquet setting it on the belt as well.

"$51.02."

-

After giving Ben $400 for this week and the next two weeks Von finally made it back to him and Saavia's room.

The tv was playing Love and Hip Hop Hollywood of course but there was no Saavia present. He heard water running in the bathroom followed by singing. A smile crept on his face knowing Saavia could do that for hours at a time.

He began putting the water bottles in the fridge to get cold. He also placed the snacks on the table that sat in the corner of their room.

Von began to strip his clothes, throwing them in the dirty basket before sliding on some loose grey sweats and a black v neck. He shook his dreads, running his fingers through them before stretching out onto the bed.

He watched as A1 and Safaree argued back and forth as a car say between them. Von found it funny that every time niggas were arguing, it was some type of object in between them.

"Are these for me Dayvon?" He heard his favorite sound in the world.

He did not even notice she was out of the shower yet. She was wrapped in a towel, with small droplets of water still hanging onto her body.

"Of course they are for you ma'. You like em'?" He placed a kiss on her forehead before wrapping his arms around her waist.

"I love them baby." She took a long breath. "They smell so good." She smiled, pecking his lips. He kissed her a few times before slowly trailing his kisses to the base of her neck.

"Von.." she mumbled, biting her lip, feeling him press his print into her.

"Huh baby? You okay? Hm?" He whispered into her ear before trailing his tongue around the perimeter, then sucking onto her neck.

"I got you something else too." He smirked, backing away from her, toward their new snack counter.

She smacked her lips before grabbing her lotion and following him toward the bed.

"I really appreciate this Dayvon. But we don't have to spend our last on me. I already know you love me baby." Von knew this was basically her way of asking where he got the money from.

"It's not. Ben gave me a few bucks for fixing the washing machine in the laundry room." His back was to her so she couldn't see the expression on his face.

"I don't know why he just won't hire you, you know how to fix everything."

She pumped the lotion into her hand before placing the cream onto her calves and feet.

"See?" He showed her the two Kit Kat bars with a full smile. It was small, but he was finally getting a little taste of what he used to be able to do all the time.

"Baby, you showing out today. I've been craving this, thank you." She cheesed pecking his lips again.

"Now hurry up ma. Ms. Frazier cooking and I'm starving."

Thanks for reading💜
Comment what you think!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

573K 15.1K 50
Est.2020
49.2K 2.7K 18
𝐃𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐲 𝐢𝐬 𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐚 𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐮𝐩 𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐛𝐞𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐲 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐱-𝐛𝐨𝐲𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝. 𝐁...
5.5K 242 9
𝐀𝐋𝐋'𝐒 𝐅𝐀𝐈𝐑 𝐈𝐍 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐖𝐀𝐑.. -𝐢𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐬𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐝𝐢𝐟�...
78K 2.1K 28
𝖸𝗈𝗎 𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗋 𝖻𝖾𝖾𝗇 𝗂𝗇 𝗅𝗈𝗏𝖾 𝖻𝖾𝖿𝗈𝗋𝖾? - 𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐄 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐍𝐓 -𝐇𝐎𝐎𝐃𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐘