epiphany ♕ | 𝗷𝗮𝗺𝗲𝘀 𝗽𝗼�...

By ressins

UNDERGOING EDITING IN WHICH, JAMES POTTER SPILLS pumpkin juice on Siobhán Parten. or IN WHICH, SIOBHÁN PARTE... More

introduction
cast
epigraph
[001] - pumpkin juice incident
[002] - the jumper
[003] - rumor has it that
[004] - if the shoe fits
[005] - you evil puffskein spawn
[006] - elixir to enduce chaos
[007] - never a stranger
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55

56

1K 24 3
By ressins

REGULUS BLACK STOOD STRAIGHT with purpose. How could it have come for him to be so different? Years ago, he felt like he didn't know what he wanted or what was right, but as of now, everything made sense. This plan—which was only going well thanks to Leonardo Nott—was his life's ambition. Staring out the windows that looked into the Black Lake's murky waters, Regulus thought about the future. The Slytherin common was dim, much like everyone else in the house. It wasn't lively or welcoming nor festive in the way the others were. How many pure-blood Slytherins do people even know that are good at socializing? Most likely four, if there was even that much. He cracked a grin, shaking his head quickly.

Regulus glanced around, turning his body to make his way to the door. He didn't like feeling alone in the Slytherin common; it reminded him of home. When Sirius left, his mother found a new focus—that being him. She was proud of him like any pureblood mother would be, but when she became angry, things began to seem like they never changed. Only this time, instead of Sirius, it was Regulus. He suffered the price for his leave. The boy stood in front of a blank wall, waiting. Suddenly, the enchanted stone snake swiveled from the floor, revealing the wooden door. He opened it to the empty corridors, letting out a deep breath as the snake merged with the base.

It was colder around these parts, dim and gloomy. Regulus supposed it fit with the way Slytherins were. It fits him. That wasn't a surprise, though, was it? Multiple people were afraid of him despite the fact he had done nothing. Being a Black meant you had the power to make people fear you. He had understood that since he was a child, barely 6. His jaw clenched at the thought. Regulus brushed it off, making his way to his favorite part of the castle. The Astronomy Tower was a place he could think of where the expectations burdened on him didn't matter. He found peace, silence, and reassurance when he looked at the stars. Maybe he was destined to be with the galaxy forever. His name tied him to it, anyway.

The wind rustled his clothes fiercely as he neared the railing of the tower, his gray eyes shining with possibility. It was like a welcome; you've arrived home. A smile came across his lips. Messy waves of his hair tossed and turned in different directions, but he pointed north. This place, that moment—nothing felt more right. He never expected anyone or anything, yet, he knew someone would find him. They always did. Even the times when he hid, hoping no one would locate him.

"Reggie?" Her voice was always a remedy to his problems. Siobhán Parten made her way next to him, smiling as if everything was pleasant. Her olive skin had a rosy tint to it, much like the flowers from the garden outside. "Have you seen Leo?" He furrowed his brows, shaking his head. "I haven't had an opportunity to speak to him since the forest stroll."

"I'm sure he's around here somewhere," Regulus reassured. Siobhán heaved out a sigh, placing strands of hair behind her ears. "How did you know I was here?" Her gaze found his.

"Intuition." She grinned. "I always seem to find you, don't I?" He rolled his eyes, returning to look at the sky. "I suppose it could be thanks to this special necklace." Siobhán tugged on the gold chain around her neck, showing off the Noble House of Black crest. Regulus shifted himself to face her this time, reaching out to touch the familiar piece of jewelry.

"You still wear it?" His gaze flickered from the necklace to hers. She shrugged her shoulders. Regulus Black felt a sense of joy, adoration, and gratefulness all at once. Siobhán Parten still wore the chain he told Sirius to give her. After so many years, she had worn it with admiration.

"Of course I do." She slid the necklace under her shirt. Regulus's grin was so big that even he couldn't believe what he was doing. "I've cherished it with everything in me."

"I'm glad you still have it." He ran a hand through his hair. "When I'm not around, you'll have a part of me with you always. I hope you look at it and think of how I loved and appreciated your friendship." Siobhán shook her head, opening and closing her mouth.

"Don't speak of that." She bit down on the inside of her cheek. "You're here, and you will be for a long time. Nothing matters except the present, okay?"

"Hypothetically, if I were gone." Regulus restated. "I don't plan on leaving here anytime soon. I have a lot of things to do. That doesn't make me afraid of death; because I'm not. I embrace it."

"You're brave considering what you want to do." Siobhán thought back to the time when Regulus explained his plan. He was as set as ever, and somehow, he didn't bat an eye to the terrible outcomes.

"I'm no coward." He nodded. "But I am not brave." Regulus clenched his jaw. "I hide behind the shadow of my family to shield me from the world. I am not a good person, Sib. I have never been. I wouldn't publicly defy my family or run away from home. I use them for what they give me, and until the day I pass, I will continue to do so."

"You're braver than you believe." She firmly asserted. Regulus exhaled, stepping away from the railing. "I admire you for it, Reggie. I always have. Your resilience to find your place in this world despite your family. That's something I will never comprehend. You're strong. Stronger than most."

"Thank you." He muttered. "I think I'll head down now, probably get some rest." Siobhán gave him a sympathetic look. "I'll see you sometime later." He gazed at her once more before going down the staircase.

"Sweet dreams, Regulus." She whispered.

•••

"Leonardo Nott." Siobhán's voice echoed through his ears. He sat up from the armchair, glancing around to find her walking straight toward him. "I have been looking for you everywhere!"

Leonardo quieted her, remembering that they were in the library. She pressed her lips into a thin line, gently shoving him back on the chair. He settled into the backrest, looking up at her with perplexion.

"I've been in the library all day." He whispered. "Were you worried I died?" His smile came easy, strands of wavy hair caressing his forehead. Siobhán playfully slapped him on the arm, earning an offended glare from the boy. "Are you alright, though?"

"I've been meaning to tell you." She wavered. "It's best if we speak outside." Leonardo tilted his head. "A stroll, perhaps?" He nodded, standing up from the chair.

"Is this something serious?" He glanced at her while opening the door to exit the library. "Is that why we're going outside?" Siobhán remained silent.

"Promise you won't scream?" She sheepishly asked. Leonardo quirked a brow. "Just promise me."

"Fine." He muttered. "What is so important? You're worrying me." Siobhán halted in the middle of the empty corridor, dark green clashing with a lighter green. Leonardo stared deeply into her soul, trying to figure her out. But he wouldn't. He could never complete the puzzle that was her.

"I'm getting married." The words tumbled out of her mouth in a mere whisper. Leonardo blinked, the sentence processing through his head. The simple utterance was like a foreign language. "Please say something." She pleaded, a glint of concern in her eyes. He stood stiffly.

Siobhán Parten was getting married. He knew this day would happen; of course, he did. But the impact hit him hard nonetheless. Leonardo had considered her his first love, even if it was one-sided. And here she stood, eyes full of anticipation. She wanted to see what he had to say, what he thought. Siobhán cared about him so much as to ask for his opinion. Leonardo felt his very soul plummet to the ground.

"I'm beyond happy for you, Sib." He said after a moment of silence. Siobhán let out a sigh of relief, pulling him into a hug. His eyes widened at the sudden embrace, eventually giving into her warmth. "I will always support you. Your happiness means everything to me." She departed from him, smiling brightly.

"You're my best friend, forever and always." Siobhán confided. "There will never be a time where I won't need your opinion. That's how much you matter to me." Leonardo crashed her back into his embrace, pressing a kiss on her temple.

"Your words bring me more comfort than anything else." He spoke in her hair. "I am so grateful for your kindness. Without you, I wouldn't have found a chance to have an actual friendship."

"You flatter me too much." She laughed, backing away from him. He gave her a boyish smile. "But you did that entirely on your own. If you didn't want to, you would've said no." Siobhán patted him on the arm. "I have always thought you to be a warrior."

"A rebel." He corrected.

"A rebel." She nodded. "Now, you'll be by my side at the wedding. Promise me you'll be there." Leonardo stared at her dumbfounded. She blinked slowly. "Say you'll be there." Leonardo hummed, looking off to the side with a clueless expression. Siobhán tapped her foot against the stone floor, waiting.

"I'll be there." He chuckled as she smacked him on the arm. "Is that even a question you have to ask? Of course, I'll be there. I must see you live happily with the man you love."

"James Potter, how crazy does that sound?" She let out a laugh of disbelief.

"Who would've thought?" Leonardo looked at her in amusement.

"Certainly not us." She acknowledged. "But here we are on very different paths." Leonardo remembered how much they changed from the kids they were in 5th year, and it surprised him. Siobhán made him who he was, and he was grateful for it.

"Hard to believe." He admitted.

"Now, let's go bother the Marauders." She lent out her arm, smiling wickedly. Leonardo's laugh echoed across the corridor. He interlocked their arms, beginning to walk in pace with Siobhán.

"How annoying of us." He grinned.

•••

LEONARDO NOTT AU

Laying on a plush couch, a book resting on his chest, was Leonardo Nott. He hadn't realized what time it was or if he'd fallen asleep, but everything was dim. He sat up, feeling his head pounding. The book that was on his lap slid off and hit the floor. A thud echoed across—was it the Gryffindor common? Leonardo stood, ruffling his messy hair. His eyes skimmed the vicinity, curiosity turning into confusion. Why was he here? He gazed around once more, trying to understand what was happening. Suddenly, the realization came to him. Siobhán.

His head turned, catching a glimpse of her. She was coming down the stairs in an oversized jumper. It was his. The green accents proved it all. Leonardo walked towards her. She smiled up at him, wrapping her arms around his neck.

"Leo, you look tired." She muttered. His hands wrapped around her waist, pulling her closer to him. "Have you been dreaming?"

"More or so nightmares." He looked off to the side. "It's of no importance, though. I'm just glad to see you." He shifted his gaze back down to her. "It eases me."

She played with the long ends of his hair, humming.

"I've missed you," Siobhán mumbled. Leonardo smiled, placing a kiss on her forehead. "These days have been getting rougher, and with you not around sometimes...it takes a toll." She let out a deep breath.

"I'm here." He reassured. "I try my best to come around when I can." Leonardo hadn't forgotten the time certain Slytherins tormented him for being a blood traitor, but that didn't matter. He had the person he loved in his arms, and she loved him back. How could it be a horrible thing to embrace yourself? "No one can tear us apart, okay?" Their foreheads touched now, gazing into each other's eyes. Her hands found the sides of his face, caressing his cheek with her thumb.

"My sun and stars." She smiled. Leonardo grinned like a fool, nothing but affection in his touch.

"My moon." He whispered. "This war will do things to us, but just know...I love you with all my being." Siobhán slid her hand behind his neck once again, leaning forward. Their lips interlocked, passionate with every caress. Leonardo found himself pushing his body closer to her, the need getting the best of him. His hand tangled into her hair, pulling it back with a quick tug. She let out a gasp as he trailed sloppy kisses down her neck. Siobhán gripped his shirt with force.

"Not here." She breathly spoke. Leonardo gazed into her eyes.

"Yes, here." His stare was lustful, full of want. Siobhán found herself debating, quickly shaking her head. He heaved out a sigh.

"Kiss me." She whispered. Leonardo followed her orders without hesitation, pressing his lips against hers. A groan emitted from his throat as he stepped back from her. She stared at him with perplexion, lips looking swollen and red. At that moment, all Leonardo wanted to do was kiss her until he got tired of it. And he would never.

"I don't think I'd be able to control myself." He muttered lowly. Siobhán stepped closer to him. He let out a shaky breath. "Sib, I don't think I could."

"Then don't." The utter weighed much more than she would know. Leonardo growled almost, crashing back into her with so much need. His hands searched her body as if she were clay, molding her closer to him. She let out a whimper. The sounds made him go even crazier, touches becoming frantic.

"Are you sure you want it here?" He asked once more, breathing heavily. Siobhán quickly nodded and brought her hands under his shirt. Leonardo took it off in one swift movement, discarding it to the side. He lifted her from the ground and pushed her back against the wall. Her legs wrapped around his waist for support. Leonardo quickly helped her take off the jumper, pausing to look at her properly. "Stay quiet for me." He whispered in her ear.

"I think you're going to need to stay quiet." She retorted playfully. Leonardo smirked, pressing his lips on hers once again.

•••

A/N

hello everyone! i finally completed this chapter, and i absolutely love it. siobhán telling leonardo that she was getting married was such a complex thing to write because we all know leo loved siobhán with everything in him, even if it was one-sided. so due to the heartbreak, i decided to write the mini leonardo au! i really hoped you enjoyed reading it as much as i did writing it. i would've continued, but I decided against it because this story has been safe so far. thank you all so much for reading. until next time! <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7M 102K 133
in which hollis rosier falls asleep in the wrong compartment or the right one, depending on who you ask ✧──────✧ part one of two editing closed, logg...
453K 11.2K 38
OLD DRAFT, ella-rose, a strong-willed gryffindor, had always known james. they had been best friends since they were born and it's only when seventh...
52.1K 1.3K 64
For as long as Remus can remember he's had a hard life. Constant monthly mutilations of his skin, a absent father, and the trepidation of his blush i...
165K 6.1K 33
All Alanna Harpshire wants is to finish her schooling years with good grades and a few great friends. She has everything planned out and knows exactl...