28

REGULUS BLACK HAD SIOBHÁN PARTEN sitting on a couch as he pulled up a chair. She was going to be describing how she was feeling about the whole situation. He would try his best to understand her feelings and make her go through personal growth.

"Alright." Regulus grabbed a quill and a pad of parchment. "Tell me how you're feeling about the recent events with the Gryffindor icon?"

"Stupid." she clasped her hands. "It was embarrassing. Do you understand that he rejected my offer towards him and I concealing our lost friendship?" she groaned, putting her forehead on her clasped hands. "He told me no! I had to do a double-take to make sure I wasn't going bonkers."

Regulus snorted, covering his mouth as Siobhán slowly glared up at him. He gave her an innocent look before writing down the things she was telling him.

"Now, how did you feel about the break up of Mckinnon and Potter?" he bemused, tapping his quill against the parchment.

"I was surprised." she put forth. "Mostly excited, but surprised." 

"Surprised that you had the love of your life wrapped around your fingers?" he joked. She kicked him in the leg at his statement. He winced at the pain. "Joking!"

"Damn right you are." she hissed. He held back a roll of his eyes and glanced back down at his parchment, writing down her actions against him.

"Any feelings for Mckinnon?" he quipped. She furrowed her eyebrows at the statement of Marlene. "Just a small question," he added quickly.

"I feel for her," she muttered. "In some ways she and I are similar. We both get heartbroken and latch onto the next thing that gives us attention. It's pathetic but it's a coping mechanism. We both learned something from each other and it firmly signifies a friendship that once was."

Regulus nodded, standing up from his chair and throwing his parchment on an empty table. "I think you're in love with Potter. That's what's so similar between you two. It may be insignificant now but in the future, I think it will matter."

"Wise words." she gazed at the cracks on the floor. "Wise man." she teased. Regulus let out a small squeal as he grabbed the vinyl that held the song Killer Queen. He put it on the disk area and placed the needle down, the song immediately playing.

Regulus started shaking his head to the beat, his hair getting in his face again. She smiled as she heard the first few lyrics of the song.

"Killer Queen?" she quirked an eyebrow. He nodded and came up to her. Lending out a hand, she grabbed it and pulled herself up. The two started swaying around as the song was starting to get towards the chorus.

"She's a Killer Queen!" Regulus sang, grabbing his quill as a microphone. Siobhán clapped to the beat as he continued to sing with his soul. "Gunpowder, gelatine. Dynamite with a laser beam!"

"Aren't you a signer!" she shouted over the music. Regulus nodded still singing his heart out as the song was nearing the end. He grabbed both of her arms and twisted them around. She laughed in joy as Regulus was now smiling at her squealing.

Siobhán Parten and Regulus Black were swaying around the room as the song was still playing. The two had forgotten about the real reason they were dancing around. Regulus wanted to lighten up her mood and it worked. He had done what most couldn't in a long time.

—————————————

Late-night strolls around the halls were something Siobhán Parten had found comfort in since the couple of months she'd decided to stray away from James Potter. Memories wrapped into her mind as she brushed her hand against the cold wall. She had remembered walking with James down these very halls, both struggling to head towards the library in silence.