The Dauntless (a male reader...

By RedImperium

(Y/N) is a 17 year old military prodigy who managed to reach the rank of lieutenant with flying colours. He i... More

(Old) Prologue
(Old) Chapter 1: I was in a gunfight you see...
(Old) Chapter 2: What the actual fuck!?
(Old) Chapter 3: An opportunity at death... how lovely!
(Old) Chapter 4: A Team of Girls... oh my....
(Old) Chapter 5: -Canada:1 -Bacon:0
(No Longer Relevant) Quick Announcement/Question
(New) Chapter 1: The Lone Gunman
(New) Chapter 2: Taiho
(New) Chapter 3: Remnants of Sanity
(New) Chapter 4: The Phoenix and The Rose
(New) Chapter 5: The Beacon of New Beginnings, and The First Trial
(New) Chapter 6: Through the Fire and the Flames
(New) Chapter 7: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
(New) Chapter 8: Die Übersoldaten: Part One(18+)
(New) Chapter 9: Die Übersoldaten: Part 2 (18+)
20k Reads?!
(New) Chapter 10: Light In The Darkness (18+)
Face Reveal
(New) Chapter 11: Operator
(New) Chapter 12: The Workshop; Part 1
(New) Chapter 13: The Workshop; Part 2
(New) Chapter 14: The Workshop; Part 3
(New) Chapter 15: Festivities
(New) Chapter 16: Dockyard Devastation
(New) Chapter 17: Clearing the Air
(New) Chapter 18: Rest and Relaxation (18+)
(New) Chapter 19: Bad Omens
(New) Chapter 21: Trial by Fire
Halloween Special Part 1: Of Monsters and Men
Halloween Special Part 2: Project Gallahad

(New) Chapter 20: Heavy Metal Mayhem

311 6 9
By RedImperium

        Scowling and sitting in a corner with his girlfriend, (Y/N) found himself, much to his displeasure, in team RWBY'S dorm, listening in as the team held a discussion while also drowning out the unnecessary dialogue that the girls had.

       Lucia looked up to her boyfriend and smiled sheepishly, knowing just how irritated he was. She gave him a squeeze of her hand, as if sending an apology message to him. However, it didn't work as he grumbled and looked away, still miffed at the whole occasion.

       "Babe," Lucia spoke softly, "they're our friends. And they'll need our help."

       "The best 'help' I'm willing to give them is my advice to stuff it and drop the investigation," (Y/N) muttered, "people are going to get hurt unnecessarily. Plus, I'm tired as all hell, so I'd like for this to go by quickly."

       "Why are you so tired anyways? It's not like we did that," the wolf girl giggled.

       "I've had only a grand total of one single bloody hour of sleep last night," the young soldier grumbled, "not because I didn't find the bed comfortable, but rather due to the constant knee jabs to my crotch. I might be tough and all, but one good hit down there will knock me down, hard."

       Lucia giggled, however a glare from her boyfriend told her that enough was enough. She knew that (Y/N) had been worked thin, managing the consistent high grades along with perilous missions and a love life, so her request of him essentially babysitting their four friends was probably a bit much. The wolf faunus sighed and decided to set the issue aside and figure out a way to repay her boyfriend.

       "Alright guys!" Ruby exclaimed as she jumped from her bunk bed, "Today's the day! The investigation begins!"

      "Whoop-dee-fucking-doo," (Y/N) grumbled quietly, prompting Lucia to jab him in the side.

      "Well, I'm glad that we're taking this seriously," Weiss piped up.

      "Hey, we got a plan," Yang chimed in, "...that is moderately serious."

      (Y/N) grumbled again, prompting Lucia to jab his side harder.

      "Riiiiight," Ruby spoke up again, looking at each of her teammates, and other friends, "everyone remember their roles?"

       "You and I will head to the CCT to check the Schnee records for any other Dust robberies or inconsistencies. Seeing as I'm in the family, it shouldn't be any problem," Weiss spoke up, laying out her and Ruby's part of the plan.

          "The White Fang has regular faction meetings to hand out orders and to get new recruits," Blake added, "if I can get in, we can hopefully find out what they're planning."

         "I got a friend on the shady side of town that typically knows everything going on in Vale," Yang jumped in with a grin, "getting information out of him shouldn't be too hard."

         All four girls of team RWBY nodded then turned to face Lucia and a still sulking (Y/N).

        "How about you two," Yang prodded, looking over to Lucia first.

        "I intend to support Blake, since I am a faunus, obviously," Lucia replied, "my Semblance will also likely come in handy for additional information gathering."

        "Great!" Yang grinned, turning to face (Y/N), "Looks like you're stuck with me, big boy! I'll bring you to a place that'll be sure to raise your mood."

        "As appealing as that sounds, I'm taken. If Lucia and I kissing each other on a daily basis wasn't enough proof," (Y/N) replied with a sigh.

        "I wasn't referring to it as a date, but whatevs, it's your call."

        The young man simply shrugged and turned his attention back to Ruby.

       "Great!" Ruby exclaimed, "We'll meet up near Yang tonight to go over what we've found. Let's do this!"

       The group, except (Y/N), raised a collective cheer. However, a voice that cheered along outside the window cut things short. This prompted everyone, except (Y/N), to look out the window in surprise. There, hanging by his tail, was the monkey faunus; Sun. (Y/N) had, by this point turned to see the young man hanging around, prompting yet another sigh.

      Do that shit around me one more time, he grumbled internally, and the next time you'll be found hanging is by your ass from the top of the nearest fucking flagpole.

       The normally outgoing young man's thoughts were soon interrupted, probably for the good of everyone around.

       "Sun?!" Blake asked, incredulously.

       "How in the world did you get up there?" Lucia jumped in, voicing everyone's thoughts.

       "Ah," Sun chuckled before explaining, "it's easy. I do it all the time!"

      "You observe people through their windows all the time?" (Y/N) asked sarcastically, continuing to appear irritated at his current situation, "Fuckin' creep."

      Lucia, still at (Y/N)'s side, nudges his side even harder, giving him a look as if silently begging him to be quiet.

      "I wouldn't make that a habit if I were you," Lucia sighed, shaking her head as she turned to face Sun.

     "I climb trees all the time," Sun waves his hand nonchalantly before switching the subject while flipping into the room, "So, are we getting back at that Torchwick guy?"

      "We are going as a team," Blake emphasized, gesturing to the others, prompting Ruby to nod.

      "Sorry Sun," she jumped in, supporting Blake, "We don't want to involve friends if we don't have to."

      "Pffft, that's dumb," Sun waved his hand again, dismissing them both, "you should always bring your friends, that's why I brought Neptune!"

        The monkey faunus gestured to the window, prompting the five girls to peek out and see Neptune standing precariously on the edge. Seeing the girls, he waved and greeted them while (Y/N) continued to grumble.

        "Hey, uh, can we come in?" Neptune asked, his voice breaking (Y/N)'s thoughts, "we're like, seriously high up right now.."

         Lucia prodded (Y/N) as she signaled to Neptune. Her boyfriend sighed and sat up before pulling Sun's friend into the room.

        "Thanks man," Neptune offered upon seeing (Y/N).

        "Don't sweat it," the Canadian replied, "just... don't climb up walls next time."

        He sighed then turned to Yang.

       "What's the address? If we're heading out soon, I need to go now and run some calibrations."

       "Sure...?" Yang looked at her friend confusedly, "But why are you leaving now...? I'm more than willing to bring you along on my bike."

       "While I appreciate the offer," (Y/N) stood up and stretched, yawning slightly, "I will not be a perfect fit on your bike, and it will make for an awkward ride. Secondly, to answer your first question; I need to calibrate my armor. And while it does not need to be calibrated every time I put it on, it simply puts me at ease, especially since I'll be flying to our destination."

         Yang thought about (Y/N)'s explanations, looking over at the other girls and the clueless guys that joined in.

         "Yeah, fair point," Yang admitted, getting a piece of paper and a pen, "Here's the address, and... I'll meet you there."

         Taking it, (Y/N) nodded in thanks before leaving the room to conduct what he needed to do, leaving the room in complete silence.

        "Well then," Lucia spoke up, turning all eyes on her, "slight change in plan, then. Sun, you'll be joining Blake and I at the White Fang rally. We have the masks, so you won't have much to worry about. Now as for Neptune..."

       She watched as the young man in question wink at Weiss as Ruby walked past him. Seeing this, the wolf faunus grinned, however held her tongue as she noticed Weiss move in to speak.

       "A-actually Ruby," the normally ice-cold heiress began, "why don't you go with Yang? She is your sister after all. Also, did you see the look on (Y/N)'s face? He seems to already be at the end of his rope..."

       "Ah, don't mind him," Lucia cut in, laughing slightly in embarrassment, "he's only running on one hour of sleep... and dealing with a migraine I accidentally caused."

        Meanwhile, Neptune was rocking back and forth between both Ruby and Yang, looking between them both nervously.

        "But Weiss, who would go with you, then?" Ruby reasoned, seemingly oblivious as to what Weiss was secretly trying to achieve

        "Well, I guess Neptune could come with me" the other girl replied, noting that the young man that she was trying to get with adopted a look that told her that he was all for the idea. However, unfortunately for her, Ruby had other ideas.

        "Hahaha! Nah!" the team leader laughed, finding the idea more than hilarious before she dragged a powerless and clearly displeased Weiss along with her.

        "But-! But-!" the white haired girl tried to protest, however her pleas continued to fall on deaf ears.

        "So, we all good to go?" Lucia asked with a laugh as she continued to watch Weiss get dragged away.

        "As ready as I'll ever be!" Yang responded, all pumped up.

        "Ready!" Blake grinned, giving the wolf faunus her response.

        "Then let's do this!" Lucia shouted, raising a cheer from the other girls before leaving the room to execute their parts of the plan.

----------------------------------------------------------

        In the meantime, (Y/N) watched as the shoulder mounted chainguns' calibration tests complete themselves without any issues. The young man sighed quietly and entered the address of Yang's destination on his helmets HUD, waiting a moment before a waypoint appeared, marking the meeting area for him.

        "Today was going to be a great day too," the soldier grumbled as he stepped to the window before jumping out and flying away.

        As he did so, however, (Y/N) couldn't help but notice Yang and Neptune stepping out of the Academy's main entrance and towards the motorcycle parked nearby. He huffed and focused his attention on flying, taking some time to practice aiming his chainguns, since Braun had mentioned that they were designed with aerial combat as their primary role. Although, he wouldn't get to practice for long as the destination crept into view.

        (Y/N) raised an eyebrow, decreasing altitude while he observed the building where Yang was going to meet him.

        "A fucking bar?" he asked, the question not targeting anyone in particular, "with all this bullshit, I could probably use a few drinks..."

        He sighed and landed on the street, looking around and taking note of the condition of the part of town that he was in. Run down buildings and boarded up windows surrounding him, much like the part of town where the Syndicate ran its underground trafficking rings. The soldier looked around and then noted the time at the top right of his helmet's HUD. (Y/N) shook his head and went into a building nearby the bar, exploring it well into the afternoon while waiting for Yang and Neptune to arrive.

      As he explored the building, the young man took in all the details, occasionally stopping to pick up and examine objects of interest, such as toys, books and pictures. (Y/N) smiled sadly to himself as he looked around what was once a home for somebody, feeling a rush of both pleasant and unpleasant memories flood his mind. The soldier sighed and shook his head, dispelling the thoughts as he crouched down and shuffled to get through a doorway.

       "The one way to defeat me;" he mused as he stepped out of the building, just as Yang and Neptune came into view, "low doorways and narrow corridors. Although... I wonder if buildings nowadays take into account gorilla faunus... Hmm... I'll have to do some research."

       (Y/N) walked along the streets, eventually making his way up to both Yang and a thoroughly petrified Neptune.

        "My friend's in here," Yang spoke up, grinning as she got off her bike and removed her helmet

        "Cool," Neptune replied, not really paying attention to what Yang had just said before shaking his head and bringing his mind to refocus on the matter at hand, "and where exactly is here...?"

        "You're about to find out," Yang replied, leading the way towards the entrance. Neptune looked over to (Y/N) who simply sighed and returned the look.

        "Just go with it," the armored soldier grumbled, "I'm only here to babysit her and make sure things don't go to hell."

       Going silent, (Y/N) gestured to Neptune, as if telling him to go follow Yang. Thankfully, the blue-haired boy followed the rambunctious brawler, slightly reducing (Y/N)'s frustration. However, it immediately shot back up along with his suspicion and his combat alertness when he noticed the bouncers at the door immediately close up and barricade it when they spotted Yang.

        "For fuck's sake," (Y/N) huffed quietly, walking behind Neptune who had also seen what had just transpired.

        "Are they closing?" he asked, clueless about what the bouncers were actually doing.

        (Y/N) sighed and ignored the question, turning his attention back to Yang. To his expectations, he watched as the blonde-haired girl laughed evilly, clash her gauntlets and proceed to smash down the doors, knocking the bouncers from earlier down with them.

       "Guess who's back!" Yang announced, grinning madly as multiple weapons were aimed directly at her.

       Seeing this, (Y/N) drew out his twin-barreled machine gun in anticipation of a shootout. However, as the smoke cleared, he noticed as an individual approached Yang whilst appearing to calm down the crowd.

       "Stop! Stop! Nobody shoot," he stated, getting to the front of the armed crowd and Yang, "Blondie! You're here! Er... why??"

       "Simple," the young woman chuckled, "you still owe me a drink."

       (Y/N) and Neptune could only watch as Yang grabbed the man, Junior, by his arm towards the bar while pushing through the crowd of what both young men had ascertained to be hired guns.

     "Whoa," Neptune whistled in admiration, "what a woman..."

        "Keep your hand out of your pants, dumbass, and focus on what we came for," (Y/N) spoke up, prompting some stifled laughter to emanate from the mercenaries, much to his amusement.

        Neptune, however, paid no mind to it and turned to face a pair of twin sisters, greeting them with what (Y/N) assumed to be a suave smile and tone of voice. The soldier sighed and internally facepalmed as the two women walked away, heading into the bar.

       "Fuckin' move," the Canadian grumbled as he pushed the young man ahead of him into the bar, before entering the building himself.

       Once inside, (Y/N) immediately left the blue haired boy to his own devices and made his way towards a less crowded section of the bar, knowing that he was being stared at and talked about along the way. He didn't care and simply stood in the corner, watching as Yang questioned the bar's owner while having a few drinks to go along. The armored soldier sighed and sat down on a wooden bench, listening as it creaked and groaned out in protest as the massive weight of his armor pressed it down into the floor.

        (Y/N), again, didn't care and simply readjusted himself on the bench to ensure that he didn't cause it to break apart.

       "So, what's your story?" a voice spoke up, breaking (Y/N)'s line of thought.

       "Pardon?" the young man replied as he looked up, seeing one of the twins sitting on a chair in front of him.

       "I asked what your story was," the mercenary repeated, looking bored as she took a drink of what (Y/N) assumed to be beer based on how it looked.

       "It's nothing interesting, I can assure you," the young man laughed quietly, "I'm just a man trying to find his way through life."

        "Aren't we all trying to find our ways through life..." the woman chuckled as well, taking another drink before continuing, "but, come on. At least tell me something. If someone's associated with that blonde-haired brat and isn't immediately obnoxious, they're an instant person of interest."

        "Heh. Again, I'm not all that interesting. I'm here only to keep an eye on her and make sure she doesn't get shot to pieces or does anything else irrational. The guy in blue over there is an un-welcome bonus to my task. It honestly feels like I'm babysitting the both of them."

      The woman laughed at the snide comments and set aside her drink, focusing more on the armored man in front of her.

       "I could tell based on your body language and the tone of your voice earlier," she said, grinning before switching the topic, "so, what sort of weapons do you carry?"

       "A .50 caliber pistol, a .50 caliber twin-barreled machine gun," (Y/N) began, listing his weapons off, "a combat knife, a lightning Dust-infused sword and two shoulder mounted 20mm chainguns."

        "Whoa," the woman whistled, "what kind of fuckin' fights do you get into?"

        "The kind of fights where a one-man army is a necessity," (Y/N) replied with a chuckle before continuing, "although, I am always in fights where skill matters and will always end up being the deciding factor. I used to only rely on stealth and subterfuge before gaining my armor and upgrading my arsenal. Although... stealth and subterfuge still come in handy. Do you know just how many people fail to recognize a target that's my size stomping their way towards them?"

        The woman shakes her head, appearing to be genuinely curious.

        "Far too many," (Y/N) chuckled as he noted the woman's stunned expression.

        "How is that even possible?" she asked, not quite able to process the sheer ineptitude of the enemies that the armored giant spoke of.

        "If I were a character in a book, one could say that I have plot armor," (Y/N) chuckled, "however, since I am not in a book, I can only attribute the occurrences to luck."

          The woman only laughed some more, soon laying back in her chair before looking at (Y/N) once more.

         "The name's Malachite," the woman introduced herself, extending her hand out.

         "(Y/N)," the armored man replied, reaching out and shaking Malachite's hand, "pleased to meet you."

         "Likewise, big boy," she replied, grinning.

         Both of them shared a laugh, however they soon turned their attention to the bar when Junior raised his voice slightly.

        "I don't know!" the man huffed, becoming increasingly agitated.

        "Fuck's sake..." (Y/N) grumbled before going silent, prompting Malachite to laugh.

        "How can you not know?" Yang shot back, showing signs of agitation and frustration as well.

        "I haven't talked to him! I haven't even seen him since the night you first came in here," Junior leaned forwards, jabbing a finger at Yang's face before continuing, "he paid upfront. I lent him my men, and they never. Came. Back."

         "So, where did they go?" Neptune jumped in, clearly wanting to be a part of the conversation.

        "What kind of stupid question is that?!" Junior snapped, turning to face Neptune and then back to Yang, "they never came back! And who is this guy? Why can't you be like that armored giant over there, and get out of my hair!"

         (Y/N) sighed, looking over to Malachite as if telling her that he has to consistently deal with Yang's behavior on a daily basis. She noticed this and laughed, turning back to face Junior, Yang and Neptune with (Y/N) following suit.

        "Don't worry about them," Yang stated, causing all eyes to turn to her, "you should worry about me if I don't get what I want!"

        "I already told you everything!" Junior insisted before continuing and looking over to his mercenaries, "Torchwick hired my boys, and I guess he wasn't happy with them... which is something I can relate to!"

        A few of the hired guns muttered and walked off, going back to their drinks and private conversations. (Y/N) looked over to Malachite and sighed, shaking his head as he stood up, already anticipating that Yang was planning to leave.

        "See you whenever," Malachite said, waving to (Y/N).

        "Yeah. See you whenever," the soldier replied, walking out the door as both Yang and Neptune stepped out into the night.

        After a moment of silence, the blue-haired boy looked over at Yang.

       "So, did we get anything?" he asked, watching as Yang huffed before looking over to him and (Y/N).

      "Hopefully..." Yang sighed before drifting off.

      Suddenly, Yang's scroll started ringing, alerting her to a call from Blake. Frowning, she answered the call but was immediately taken aback by what followed.

      "Everyone!" Blake's voice rang out, "if you can here me we need back-"

      "HEEEEEELP!" Sun's screams of terror drowned out Blake's voice, "they got a big robot! And it's big! Really big!"

       Without waiting for more to come, (Y/N) leapt up and flew off into the air, kicking dust as he shot up into the sky.

        Yang and Neptune can go find their own fucking path, (Y/N)'s mind raced frantically, Lucia's with Blake and Sun, so she must be on the run from this giant robot. Fuck! Hang on!

        Flying faster and higher, the soldier scanned the ground below him, desperately trying to track the robot of immense size. Eventually, he spots a streak of fast moving yellow down below. Raising an eyebrow, he focused his attention on it, and noticed that it was Yang and Neptune... near the robot that he was searching for.

       "Gotcha, motherfucker," (Y/N) growled as he dove towards the mayhem below.

----------------------------------------------------------

       "We got this! Just keep him busy!" Lucia yelled as she switched her katana into its sniper mode, trying her best to shoot out the actuators on the mech.

       "We're trying our best!" Weiss shouted just Yang joined in the battle, immediately putting her Semblance to use as she struck the Paladin that their good friend Roman Torchwick was piloting.

       "This thing's turning out to be much stronger than I thought!" Ruby yelled out as she attempted to land a strike with her scythe.

       "Just keep doing what you can!" Lucia yelled back, "He'll slow down eventually!"

        The wolf faunus turned to face the mech once more and prepared to continue fighting. However, just as the battle reached its peak, a familiar sound greeted her ears.

       "Everyone!" she screamed out, "Take cover!"

       Team RWBY looked at her, shocked, however they immediately followed her advice as a grey streak slammed down in front of the mech, causing it to shake in place due to the shockwave caused by the impact. Then, as the smoke cleared, a very angry (Y/N) stood in place with his sword in hand; the blade crackling with energy.

       "(Y/N)!" Lucia cried out, looking at the armored man with a mix of emotions.

       "Lucia!" Blake shouted out, pulling the wolf faunus' attention to her, "Stay low, we don't know what's going to happen!"

       "Roman will kill him!" Lucia tried, however, she was held back by the four girls when they saw that the mech moved to strike (Y/N).

       However, to everyone's surprise, including those that were watching the battle unfold from a safer distance, the armored soldier effortlessly parried the strike with his sword. Within the Paladin, Roman narrowed his eyes and moved in to strike again, only to have it be parried as well. A third strike followed, then a fourth and then a fifth.

       "What the fuck are you?" he asked, his voice echoing from the Paladin.

       (Y/N) chuckled, raising his sword up into the air as he supercharged it with his Aura.

       "I am Iron," the man began, prompting Roman to step back in fear.

        "I am Wrath," (Y/N) glared at the criminal as he continued to back up.

        Then, when the sword reached maximum charge, the armored man, leader of team VNGD, a soldier of elite skills, a caring boyfriend and an excellent friend... spoke three words that shook all who were present to their very core;

        "I AM DOOM."

        (Y/N) shot forwards at terrifying speeds towards Roman before leaping up into the air and swinging his sword, causing the blade to shoot out the buildup of energy in one large beam that nearly vaporized the mech.

       Fortunately for all parties involved, Roman survived, as was revealed when the man was salvaged from the shattered wreck of the Paladin by none other than (Y/N) himself.

       "There's more to me than meets the eye, fuckwad," (Y/N) seethed, glaring at the man he held in his grasp.

      "I-I can tell," he coughed, before chuckling lightly, "however, two can play at that game."

      Suddenly, out of nowhere, a heavy strike to (Y/N)'s hand knocked Roman out of his grip. The armored soldier growled and raised his sword to fight the assailant who revealed themselves to be a short girl with mixed colored hair and different colored eyes. He narrowed his eyes then charged forwards with the intent on striking them both down.

      "Neo, if you will," Roman ordered, his voice raising in pitch just as (Y/N) began to swing, as he looked over to his partner.

     The girl nodded and just as the sword made impact, their image shattered like a mirror.

      "What the fuck?" (Y/N) muttered in shock, stepping back, "where did they go?"

       His answer was quickly answered when a Bullhead took off, revealing both Neo and Roman to be its passengers. Taking aim with the chainguns, (Y/N) fired a short burst and watched as a few rounds made contact, however he ultimately held himself back from pursuing them any further.

        From behind cover, Lucia and the others watched in stunned silence as (Y/N) ruthlessly dealt with the robot that had been causing them so many issues. However, the battle was over and they could now afford to relax. And so, one by one, the girls laughed and released some of their stress together.

        "We did it," Lucia laughed, looking at her friends, "our first proper fight against a very strong opponent."

        "Heh, yeah," Blake sighed, smiling as she laid back and rested before turning to face Yang, "Still think you can beat him?"

       The girls laughed once again, thinking back to a time when Yang claimed that she could beat (Y/N), with all rules cast aside. And while it was more than likely for her to beat the soldier through her Semblance use, the battle or rather, execution that they had witnessed proved that Yang had a pretty solid competitor.

        "Yeah, I'm confident I'll still win," Yang giggled, looking over to her friends, "I'll show you that yours truly is still the strongest one there is!"

        "Is that so?" (Y/N) interrupted from behind them, his voice holding a hint of amusement, "if that is the case, then I accept your challenge, Yang Xiao Long."

        The normally loud-mother blonde stayed quiet and simply blushed before looking away, prompting the young man to laugh.

        "Anyways," (Y/N) spoke again, now changing the subject, "is anyone hurt?"

       "Nothing a good night's sleep won't fix up," Lucia replied as she stood up and dusted herself off before turning to team RWBY, "how about you four?"

       "Just a few scratches here and there," Ruby replied, smiling.

      "Same here," Yang supplied, grinning.

      "I'm alright," Blake added, sighing, causing everyone to look over with slight worry, mainly (Y/N).

      "We'll get him next time," the soldier offered in support, "we just need to adapt and overcome the challenges that life throws at us."

      "You could've still chased after them and have spared us any potential issues with him in the future," Blake snapped, "you can fly!"

      "That is true," (Y/N) admitted, trying his best to not lose his patience, now that the adrenaline has worn off thus making him increasingly tired and irritable.

       "However," he continued, "your safety was the highest concern to me."

       "We would've been fine," Blake huffed aggressively.

      "I couldn't afford that risk," (Y/N) tried, "I do not-"

      "We could have been hurt!" Blake shouted, "But that was the risk that we were willing to take! You could've chased after Roman and then returned! But now he's gone!"

       (Y/N) went deadly silent, saying nothing as the cat faunus continued to lash out angrily. Lucia looked over to her boyfriend worriedly and then back to Blake. However, like both Yang and Ruby; she was at a loss on how to deal with the conflict unfolding in front of them.

       "If you had just gone after Roman," Blake continued to emphasize, "we wouldn't be having this problem!"

       Finally, (Y/N) snapped as he swung his fist and obliterated the rubble that the girls had been using as cover a moment prior.

       "Shut the fuck up!" he roared, causing all of his friends to tense up in fear, including Blake who had shown no signs of backing down.

       "I could not fucking risk your lives, damnit!" (Y/N) ranted fanatically, stepping forward and jabbing a finger in Blake's face, "I have lost EVERYTHING! EVERYTHING, DAMNIT! AS A CHILD, I WATCHED AS MY PARENTS WERE FUCKING MURDERED! AS A CHILD, I WATCHED MANY OTHER PEOPLE I VIEWED AS FRIENDS FUCKING DIE HORRIBLY! AS AN ADULT, WHILE TRYING TO SAVE SOMEONE, I COULD ONLY WATCH AS THEY FUCKING DIED! I ALSO LOST MY ARM TRYING TO SAVE THEM THAT FUCKING DAY!"

       Taking a breath, he continued on, just as passionately as before.

       "JUMP FORWARDS A FEW FUCKING YEARS, I WATCHED AS MY SISTER SLIPPED OUT OF MY FUCKING GRASP AND WAS TORN TO FUCKING SHREDS BY MONSTERS! THEN, I COULD ONLY WATCH, HELPLESS AS THOSE SAME MONSTERS DESTROYED MY FUCKING HOME AND EVERYONE ELSE I KNEW AND LOVED!"

       (Y/N) went quiet once more, watching as the girls stared at him with terror in their eyes. The soldier blinked, then breathed in and out, taking a moment to calm himself down before speaking again.

       "I couldn't save anyone back then," the young man sighed, struggling to keep it all together, "I had no chance of being able to help anybody without dying myself. Tonight... I had the chance to do something. To protect the ones I know and love. And I took it."

       (Y/N) sighed as he looked over to his friends once more. Then, as the vents opened up on his armor, Lucia and team RWBY could only watch as their close friend and partner fly off into the night sky.

       "(Y/N)..." Lucia whispered softly before collapsing and weeping.

        "I'm sorry..."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

657K 15.8K 100
Evelyn Claire Bennett never thought this would happen to her. Not in a million years. How could something that was meant to be temporary have a las...
81.6K 3.5K 80
❤️
268K 40.4K 103
ပြန်သူမရှိတော့ဘူးဆိုလို့ ယူပြန်လိုက်ပြီ ဟီးဟီး ဖတ်ပေးကြပါဦး
409K 5.5K 28
Emmett loves to be a rebel. He skips school to hang out, drink, and smoke with his two friends when suddenly he and his best friend are cornered and...