For You My Love

By FeetPepper

After a miscommunication, Lila is on the run with her fated mate Killian hot on her heels. Once he quickly ca... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32

Chapter 2

67 8 7
By FeetPepper

Lila POV

As soon as I finish telling him my story, I found a sense of relief. I finally could share my story without worrying about repercussions. Turns out Alpha Tomas is an excellent listener. He made me feel so at peace.

"I'm sorry you had to go through all that. What about your parents? Have you talked to them? He asks

"No. We're too far apart to mindlink," I say.

"They have a phone?" he asks.

"They do but I don't remember their number. I left my own phone behind so no one could track my whereabouts," I say, feeling foolish. I should have written down their numbers.

"You want me to send somebody up there to check on them?" He asks.

"You would do that for me?" I ask, surprised.

"For a price," he says.

"Anything."

"Join my pack," he says with a grin.

"Deal," I say, returning his grin.

"Do you want to do the ceremony right now?" He asks.

"I guess," I say.

"Repeat after me. I, state your name, pledge my allegiance to Alpha Tomas Diaz and the Silver Moon Pack."

I repeat what he said. "That was really easy."

He bites his wrist and holds it out to me. "It's a blood oath. The penalty for betrayal is death."

Killian POV

I landed about thirty minutes later and was picked up by my father. He looked aged beyond his years. I wonder if it was the stress of my mate leaving. He can't take all the blame for it. Her parents misinterpreted the situation too.

"So tell me. What you have done to find my mate? I ask.

"We got a picture from her parents and sent it out to all the southern packs asking if they saw her. They were told to contact us if they do. So far we haven't gotten any responses. We sent some scouts out to see if we could track her movements. Her parent's car was found abandoned at a gas station in Illinois," he says.

I can't stop feeling a little helpless despite all my father has done to find her. I should have introduced myself before I left. This never would have happened if I had. I realize I have stopped listening to my father.

"From there she could be anywhere. There's an international airport not far from there but no one there had seen her. She was spotted at the dealership near that gas station four days ago. Apparently, she's driving a gray 2012 Toyota Camry. The license plate number was on file. We placed a bolo on her vehicle. We hope to hear something soon," he says, squeezing my shoulder.

"I'm going to take a drive to the dealership. That's the last known place she's been spotted. Maybe I can get a feel for her there," I say.

"You linked to her will not be strong because you aren't mated," he says.

"I know that, Dad, but it's the best we got right now. I need to find her," I say, looking out the window.

"There's one more thing. Her link was suffered with the pack yesterday. We think she may have joined another pack," he says.

"She did what?! Well this really complicates things, doesn't it? If she's joined another pack there's no way they'll turn her over to us," I say fuming.

"We don't know that son. We have to keep a level head here. We will find her. We're here now go say hello to your mother."

Lila POV

Three weeks later

I finally reached a comfortable routine. Go to work, have dinner with Tomas, go to bed. I spend most of my days off with Tomas as well. We've grown really close.

Ready for the day, I decide to make my way to the pack house to find Tomas. He is in his office and he looks disturbed.

"Lila, come in. Take a seat. We need to talk," he says, motioning to the seats in front of his desk.

"Well this sounds ominous," I say sitting down literally on the edge of my seat. "What's going on?" I ask.

"It's nothing like that. I was just wondering if you would like to go on a date with me?" He asks.

"Oh? How long have you been pondering that one?" I ask with a wide grin.

"Since I met you," he says unabashedly.

"Really? Then I guess I must answer quickly," I say teasingly.

"It is the polite thing to do," he says.

"Who says I want to be polite?" I ask.

He opened his mouth to say something but I cut him off with, "of course I'll go out with you."

"Okay. Excellent. I thought I would have to put you in the dungeons," he says, putting on a serious face. "Just kidding."

"You really need to work on your sense of humor," I say. "Kiss me or I'll kill ya."

He lept over his desk and was standing in front of me. "Okay," he says softly as he bends down to face me.

My heart starts to quicken as he slowly leans down. His lips part and he softly says, " just kidding."

I pull him down by the back of his head and place a gentle kiss on his lips. It didn't take him long to kiss me back. I gasped as he brushed the side of my breast and he used the opportunity to explore my mouth with his tongue.

I let out a soft moan then pulled away just as a knock was heard. He lets out a breath and says, "enter."

In walks Beta Jackson. "Alpha Jerome is here with urgent news."

"Alright. Send him in," he says, then turns to me. "Sorry to cut this short. I'll pick you up at six. Wear something casual."

"To be continued," I say, making my way out of his office. He smiles at me as I go.

As I make my way down the stairs. I run into who can only be Alpha Jerome. He's a tall man with broad shoulders and light brown sugar skin.

I smile at him and he grabs me by the arm. "Don't I know you from somewhere," his deep voice rumbles in his chest.

"I don't believe so, Alpha," I say, trying to pull back my arm.

He takes a good look at me and I can see recognition in his eyes. "Nevermind," he says, letting me go. "Must have been a trick of the light." He turns to Beta Jackson and says, "something came up. Tell Alpha Tomas I will be back as soon as I can."

He takes one more look at me then heads back down the stairs. Beta Jackson went up to the office and I continued downstairs.

That was such an odd interaction.

Since it was only three fifteen, I decided to head to the bakery to see Daniela. She's Alpha Tomas' sister and my closest friend.

It was an easy walk from the pack house. On the way, I tried to come up with ideas of what to wear tonight.

The shop was pretty busy when I walked in so I washed my hands, put on an apron and began helping people.

"I would like two loaves of banana bread," a woman says.

"We only have that on Wednesdays. Can I get you something else?" I ask with a smile.

"Why don't you go back there and make me banana bread like I asked? I can wait," she says.

"Ma'am our bananas come on Wednesday which is why we bake them on that day. I cannot make you any today since we don't have any bananas," I explain.

"Let me talk to your manager," she says. "I have a tea party where I want to serve the banana bread," she says.

"Well you can't so pick something else or leave," Daniela cuts in.

"You two are so rude! Where is the manager?" She demands.

"I am the owner and I am asking you to leave," Daniela says.

"You just lost yourself a customer," she says as she slams her way out of the shop.

"Fifty bucks says she's back here on Wednesday for the bread," I say.

"You're on," she says.

30 minutes later when the line finally started to die down the woman returned with three bundles of bananas.

"Please, she begs. "My mother-in-law is a monster. I just need that banana bread to get her to finally shut her up about my baking. I'm begging you." She says.

Daniela grabs the bananas and takes a bite out of one. "You see the problem is that these bananas are not as sweet as the ones I have delivered. That means I'd have to change my recipe and adjust for that. However, a crappy mother-in-law is something I can relate to so I will make it for you. This one time free of charge because it won't be my recipe. If you want me to add laxatives I will," she says with a wink.

"No laxatives. Thank you so much. As much as I would love to add laxatives, I have other people coming," she says with a laugh. "You don't know how much this means to me."

"It's my pleasure," Daniela says, before turning to me. "And you owe me fifty bucks."

She went to the back where the oven was kept and got to work. I was left alone with the irate woman who was now placated.

"I'm sorry about earlier. I didn't realize I was so stressed out," she says with a weak smile. "It's been five years and this woman is still tearing me down every time she visits."

"I don't envy you. I hope when I meet my mate, his mother is nice," I say.

"I am not my husband's mate. Our mates have passed away. I was lucky to meet him. I wish he didn't come with her. She never does anything in front of him so he doesn't understand."

"Maybe you should record her," I say, with a shrug. "That way you can show him."

"That's a good idea. I just might try that," she says.

We chatted some more until Daniela came out with six loaves of banana bread. The woman thanked us and went on her way.

"So. What did you come here to talk about," Daniela asks.

"I was going to ask you if I could borrow some jewelry for my hot date tonight," I say with a small smile.

"No! Did Tomas finally ask you out?" She asks, squeezing my arms.

"He did," I say, with a giggle as she shrieks and we jump up and down.

"I'm so happy for you. Of course you can borrow some jewelry. I will call Juan and have him show you to my jewelry boxes," she says. "What are you going to wear?"

"I have this pink maxi dress that has a deep v. I thought I would wear that. I definitely need a necklace and maybe some earrings with that," I say trying to visualize how it would look.

"I can think of a few pieces that will work with that,'' she says, grinning. "Are you nervous for your first kiss?"

"Actually, he kissed me in his office," I say.

"He did not," she says, swatting me.

"He did too," I say, moving out of her reach. "It wasn't my first kiss though. That went to Jason Gilbert in junior high," I say.

"Lucky boy, she says, with a wink. "As happy as I am for you, I don't need details about my brother. Just keep that in mind."

"I better get going. There's only two hours left and I still have to pick up the jewelry," I say, giving her a hug.

"Good luck darling," she says, as I leave the shop.

I went to her house and picked a pair of gold feather earrings and a matching necklace. I went home and took a shower before donning my dress. I put my hair up in a high ponytail and wore minimal makeup.

He rang my bell at five fifty nine.

A/N photo is of Killian.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

497K 10.8K 58
A girl who is terrified of the creatures who made themselves known and a possessive Alpha who has waited all his life for his mate.
219K 9K 40
"I want you." With a touch as light as a feather, Cillian hooked a thick finger under her chin to get a better look at her face. "Look at me." Slowly...
19.2K 696 53
Hannah Jefferson, the daughter of the Alpha of the silver pack, feels unfulfilled in her life. She yearns to meet her mate, hoping this will allow he...
1.2M 34K 35
Everything changed when they came out of hiding, terror spread across the world as people began to question if our presidents and our global leaders...