UNKNOWN | D.M (UNRAVEL BOOK 4)

By ixfixite_

*Completed* (SEQUEL TO UNTOLD) UNRAVEL book 4: When darkness envelopes Aine Estoileon's eyes, she sees throug... More

[ 01 ]
[ 02 ]
[ 03 ]
[ 04 ]
[ 05 ]
[ 06 ]
[ 07 ]
[ 08 ]
[ 09 ]
[ 10 ]
[ 11 ]
[ 12 ]
[ 13 ]
[ 14 ]
[ 15 ]
[ 16 ]
[ 17 ]
[ 18 ]
[ 19 ]
[ 20 ]
[ 21 ]
[ 22 ]
[ 23 ]
[ 24 ]
[ 25 ]
[ 26 ]
[ 27 ]
[ 28 ]
[ 29 ]
[ 30 ]
[ 31 ]
[ 32 ]
[ 33 ]
[ 34 ]
[ 35 ]
[ 36 ]
[ 37 ]
[ 38 ]
[ 39 ]
[ 40 ]
[ 41 ]
[ 42 ]
[ 43 ]
[ 44 ]
[ 46 ]
[ 47 ]
[ 48 ]

[ 45 ]

16 2 0
By ixfixite_

Overwhelmed with amusement, Lucius lets out a long chuckle as he struts toward Harry and Draco. His attention was solely on the Potter boy who was still holding onto his dear prophecy. "Did you actually believe— Or were you truly naive enough to think... That, children, like yourselves, stood a chance against us?" he questions Harry, trekking towards him with his serpent cane tapping into the ground. 

He then turned to meet Draco's raging grey eyes and sneered at his son, "My own blood, betraying me," he tutted at the unruly sight of Draco. He was the only one in the group left untouched unlike the rest of his 'friends'. Lucius eyes him down his place, "How disgraceful!" he uttered with venom laced in his words.

Draco's pale face went red at his father's scorns, he clenched his fists. "Let them go, father," he growled at Lucius, narrowing at him. His behaviour had surprised his father but at the same time, it infuriated him as well.

Lucius shot him a glare before whipping over to Harry, ignoring his son's foolish and childish hopes. He extended an arm out and opened his hand to Harry who was huffing as he catches his breath. "I'll make this simple for you, Potter. Give me the prophecy now, boy!" he spats at him. His smile falters from his face as he was running out of patience to play nice. "Or watch your friends... Die," he threatens.

"Don't give it to him, Harry—!" Neville manages to shout out, only to be silenced by Bellatrix Lestrange. She placed her angled wand to his throat as she grabs his hair, jerking his head backwards. She warns the boy to not be so full of himself unless he wants to end up like his parents.

This greatly shushed Neville, gritting his teeth down at the thought of his parents being tortured by the very woman who was holding him.

Harry looked down, conflicted. The answers he was so desperate to find out are in his hand, and so were his precious friends in his enemies. He glanced around at them: Hermione was whimpering with tears in her eyes, and Ron and Ginny held strong looks on their battered faces, putting up a brave front but he knew that they were equally afraid. Neville was struggling hopelessly under the hold of the crazy woman, Luna, emotionless as if she had given up trying to break free. And lastly, Aine, who was staring straight into his eyes fiercely. 

Her left cheek was bruised and bloodied and despite being in a complete mess, her face hardened into a cold expression. She shook her head at him. None of them wanted Harry to give up what he longed for. He deserves to know more than anyone and it was his right to know too.

'Don't give it.' 

He heard Aine say in his mind. Filled with the dilemma of either saving his friends or giving up the thing he had desired, Harry remained quiet as Lucius jerked a brow, egging him to do as told. The answers were right there, it was so simple. He just had to hand it over, for them to be free, for them to live.

Aine scrutinizes the boy's expression, his furrowed brows slowly easing in concentration as he looked at Lucius with determination. "Don't you dare!" she finally yells out, she didn't care what would happen to her as long as Harry keeps his own prophecy. As a result of acting out, the Deatheater holding her had locked his arm over her neck, slowly tightening it if needed. 

What the hell is with all the choking? She dared to question in her mind. It was the second time of the day and she was getting sick of it.

"Mm-Mm-Mm~" he hums a warning into her ear, sending shivers down her spine. Her breath hitches and she trembles in his grasp. It was useless trying to get away, her wand had been seized by him and was shoved in his side leg harness. She could try to steal it back but it was too risky to do, especially since her friends were still in danger.

Harry raises the crystal ball, without hesitation. He prepares to give it over to the Malfoy head.

"I said don't—" However, Aine's words failed her when a red spark was sent to her from behind out of a sudden. Her knees buckled and her strength left her, sending the girl withering away with painful cries.

Her friends' eyes widened in fear and shock as they watch Aine getting hit by the Cruciatus curse over and over again. Horrified by the torturous punishment, Draco tries to run over. He took a step forward, gaping with terror as he reaches out to Aine. He thought he could get to her, but his father restrained him back to watch. 

"STOP!" he exclaimed, enraged by the horrors as Aine fell to the ground, jolting as the curse was being inflicted on her.

It hurts...

Aine's eyes opened weakly as she clutched her sleeves, enduring the hellish beatings. It hurts so bad and the pain was something she never experienced before. Even thinking back now, the Black Quill Umbridge had used on her was nothing, the invisible whip choking her neck earlier was nothing. All the injuries she had suffered from the battle in the Mystery Department were nothing compared to this. 

It was like being electrocuted, having hundreds of white-hot daggers boring into her skin and having a million spikes pierced through her body altogether at once. And when those gashes tore her skin and wounds opened, the pain was identical to being dumped in a cage of seawater, burning her inside out. Her lungs were on fire and her head was spinning. 

Her vision was spotted and she could only see the terrified faces of her friends, all blurred as the pain continued on. She didn't know how long she had gone after being shot by the torture curse. She could faintly feel the freezing cold rough ground as her head rests on the stone, her nails digging into the rock but it didn't hurt as much as the Cruciatus curse.

Her head was splitting apart, she wanted it to end... She wanted to black out... To die... Aine tried to hold it in albeit to a certain point, she managed to. But as it went on, there was nothing she could do about the screams that escaped from her mouth and the tears that welled up in her eyes, pooling out of her shadowed pupils like her own blood.

She felt her body lifted, her golden eyes no longer shine and a strained plea left her lips. She managed to have a good look at the Deatheater who was holding her by the neck, his mask had been peeled away revealing a rather young man, presumably around her brother's age, if not older by a few years. If she had known nothing about him, she would have thought he was rather handsome, he had shoulder-length ash-blonde hair with black ends curling at the ends with slanted brown eyes that curved into crescents. He was smiling.

No—

He was laughing like a madman, wholeheartedly and wildly laughing like a maniac. A completely psychotic man, he was enjoying this.

"Son of a bitch—" she cursed at him with a hoarse voice.

The young Deatheater stopped momentarily upon hearing her compliment and his smirk stretched even more sinisterly before he continued.

Aine felt her body go numb, all feeling lost and all strength seeping away. Her lids slowly fell as they became heavier, she felt so drained... So tired... So exhausted with everything. Her bloodcurdling screams soon came to a stop and she was slipping away, completely given up trying to fight back. She could only beg in her head. Stop...

Please...

Someone... Anyone...

She wanted to be relieved of it all.

The sounds of her friends slowly jumbled together, vaguely hearing someone shout, scream and curse all at the same time. Until her ears started to ring and she was losing consciousness. Dad... she calls out in her head, a tear slipping away.

Draco's lips quivered from it all, his heart aching and he could feel his eyes watering as he was forced to be a bystander as Aine went through all the torture while he could do nothing. He was sickened to the core, the adults were all grinning as they watch the younger Deatheater do the honour of punishing the poor girl. His father was among the group, enjoying the show, his smirk evident on his face. He was disgusted by the true nature of his father, how could he have wished to be like this man once?

This... Monster! 

"LET HER GO!" He heard Harry shout but the torment didn't stop even as the girl was almost hollowed out.

"Father, please!" he pleaded but Lucius couldn't care less about the boy he calls his 'son'. He had chosen his side, to side with Aine and this was the price he had to pay. To watch the pathetic love of his life suffer.

Draco trembles as he witnesses the weakened girl. Aine's body slumps, her neck lolling down as her raven-coloured locks covered part of her face, hiding her wounded face. Her body fell limp and he hears a soft muffled bleat from her. Draco finally lost it.

"I SAID ENOUGH!!" Draco bellowed, interrupting the 'show' and everyone went quiet from the boy's demand.

Irritated by how low his son had fallen, Lucius clicks his tongue. He snapped to Draco and slapped him hard across his son's face. The sound echoed throughout the rounded room and at the same time, broke Aine out of her daze. Her eyes went large like Draco's.

It finally stopped.

Draco's hand shakily reaches to his cheek as he was washed with shock. He could only shoot a death glare at his father, fire in his silver eyes. He breathes heavily as he processed what had happened. His chest inflated and deflated, attempting to compose himself. It was impossible. 

At that moment, he was furious at his father. How could he have fallen so far and become so twisted? He even blamed Harry for a second, if he had remained composed and headed to where his friends had advised him to go, Grimmauld Place, was it? Things wouldn't have taken such a drastic turn. They would be fine, Aine would be fine and none of the horrible things would have happened.

Breaking the tense silence was a voice with a cunning tone. "Now, now~ Serpentine boy. You wouldn't want to upset Sir Lucius here any further, would you?" The Deatheater holding Aine who was responsible for her pitiful feeble state beguiled.

"Cal, shut up," Lucius barks.

"Of course~" Cal responded sadly, shrugging before his pretence faded away back into his usual wicked simper. He gazed down at Aine, realizing she was awake. He smirked, reaching for her fringe to tuck it behind her ears as he admired every feature of her pretty porcelain face. 

She glowered at him and he sniggered. Aine met Draco's worried look, he was clearly distressed. Her eyes fluttered, worn out. She shook her head at him, she didn't want Draco to be hurt by the person he held so much respect for anymore. She knew what Lucius was to Draco: an influence, an esteemed person to that he looked up his entire life. Even if it wasn't exactly right at times. She could see how shattered he was. His hopes of becoming like his father crumble away. "D- Do... Don't..." she mouthed to him.

Cal places his hand over her to prevent her from speaking and her breathy gasps were muffled away.

Draco cast a quick glare at Cal who narrowed his eyes at him. He decided to do what Aine had told him and not do anything rash. He didn't want to agitate the situation any further. Aine's life was in that bastard's hands and Draco most certainly did not want Aine to be hurt any more than she has. 

Hang in there... Please hang in there... He tells her in his mind and Aine blinked slowly, receiving his message. She held on as much as she could, forcing herself to stay awake no matter how drowsy she was. She held onto the hope that someone— Anyone would save them.

Lucius sighed, his hand still stretched for the prophecy that he desired. "There is no need for any more bloodshed, is there?" he asks Harry. This time, he was certain that the boy would not do anything unwise, nor will the other children who had frozen in their places, distraught by whatever had just happened. He glimpsed over at Aine, she was an example of what happens if they had reacted recklessly. 

He resisted the urge to roll his eyes, he had partially failed to capture her without hurting the girl. Yet, there were visible wounds on her face and body. She was simply collateral damage. His lips curled again, he might have been unsuccessful in handling Aine, but on the brighter side, he had the other thing that his master wanted. He had managed to get hold of it before it could be destroyed in flames.

Harry took a last look at the crystal ball in his hands, and then at his captured friends apologetically. Silence looms in the hall and his breathing became uneven like his pounding heart. There was no need to think any further, he would do anything to make sure his friends were safe again. He handed over the prophecy to his enemy.

Lucius smirked, he now succeeded in his other mission to recover Harry's prophecy. The glass ball went dull, clouded by grey clouds and lost all the glow. He brought the glass orb into the light to have a closer look, he processed it quietly. However, his grin was immediately wiped away from his face when his comrades became alert, their smugness disappearing when they saw the man behind him. Confused, he turns around to meet with Sirius Black.

"Get away from my godson," Sirius ordered Lucius with a glower. He punches the Malfoy commander without wasting another second before a white wispy figure apparated from above, knocking Lucius off the dais. 

Thrown off his feet, Lucius flew and his body thumped to the ground, his eyes widened when he saw the prophecy falling through his stretched fingers. It shattered before his very silver eyes and his breath hitched at the hundred pieces of glass. The glowing swirls within the glass had dissipated into nothing.

 He had retrieved it, he had succeeded but it was only briefly because now he had failed. He failed to protect to prophecy. He failed his master and he could only imagine the outrage on Voldemort's face and what the Dark Lord will do to him when he learns that he not only fail to achieve his goals but fail at defending the precious prophecy.

He became paralysed with fear, a strangled gasp was all that he lets out, "N...No..."

Aine's eyes widened and she stifled a laugh, watching Lucius's face go white like his hair. She wasn't sure whether the Cruciatus curse had affected her brain and made her go looney because she was so close to bursting out laughing at the miserable state of Draco's father. She heard the Deatheater behind her click his tongue and saw that Cal had rolled his eyes, loosening the hold on her, "What a pain in the arse," he snarled under his breath.

She felt her body being dragged behind sneakily as they were joined by another party, white light flashed before her eyes in and out, and the stream of pure whiteness charged towards those dark shadows who started to disapparate away. Aine floundered in Cal's grasp, using what little strength in her legs to kick the air, hoping he would let her go somehow. It was useless.

"Hands off," Draco seethes, he stomps in front of them. His eyes locked on Cal who smirked at the boy but Draco was completely and beyond furious. His gaze was icy and full of wrath and had never been more focused than he is right now. He wasn't held back anymore, not by anyone, not even by his father who had succumbed to the battle. 

He swiftly slashed his wand diagonally ahead and a transparent force rippled from the tip of his wand. Cal's grin disappeared instantly, he quickly dodges the curse before it could hit him, and he fled away in a mass of swirling darkness, shoving Aine aside forcibly. The spell Draco had cast in his direction ended up hitting the reflective tiles behind him, spider-webbing into a series of frosted veins that gnaw deep into the black walls, corroding them.

The girl grunted, she uses her hand to prevent her head from hitting the ground harshly and in return, a searing pain branched within her aching wrist that she had hurt earlier. She peeks open her eye, finding her wand back in her other hand. She had managed to steal it back from Cal earlier when he tossed her to the side to escape. She gave a worn-out smile, thankful to have her precious wand back. 

Draco hurriedly rushed over to Aine, helping the girl upright as he scans her. He could not refrain from enveloping her in a tight hug, caressing her cheeks. No words were needed from him because Aine could see all the concern in his look. He had to double-check if it was truly her and not his eyes playing tricks on him. He was so scared to lose her. She clutched onto his sleeves, still trembling like a little deer.

Their reunion was quickly interrupted when Cal appeared behind Draco, in an attempt to ambush him but a pure wispy aura materialized over them with a large shield. It caused Cal to quickly retreat away when another figure emerged next to the two children.

It was Elliot and Aion.

"Dad..?" Aine murmured, looking with quavered lids over at the figure who crouches down to her. 

Elliot nodded, sighing with relief as he kisses his daughter's head, wrapping his arms around her to know that she was out of harm. He then turns to Draco with saddened eyes and places a hand on his neck affectionately. "Yes, sweetheart. It's me. Everything's going to be okay now..." he reassures his daughter and Draco smiled at him. "I received your Patronus and Severus's message."

"Are you okay, Draco?" her father questions the boy next to her who nodded. "Thank goodness..." he exhales, pulling Draco in for a comforting hug as well. He noticed Draco's swollen cheek, it was reddening now from when the boy got slapped by his father earlier and decided best not to ask.

"Come on, let's get the two of you out of here. A battle is going to happen and it's not safe with you two here!" Elliot stated. He and Draco supported Aine as they helped her down the platform, Aion met them and he immediately ran up to hug his sister. 

"Oh, Lianna..." Aion gasped, his eyes softening sadly at her fragile state, he was glad they had arrived on time just before things could get worse.

"Hello, brother. It's good to see you," Aine muttered, partially chuckling at the sight of her brother who frowned. He assisted his father with Aine and turned to make sure Draco was with them too. He was rather surprised to see the boy together with her other friends but it didn't matter since Aion became protective of him too. 

Just before Aine, Aion, Elliot and Draco could meet with the rest of the members of the Order, two Deatheaters stopped them. "You're not going anywhere!" one of them shouted, making haste to attack all of them.

Aion quickly stepped in front of the group, disarming his opponent as Elliot proceeded to tackle Cal. "Remus! Tonks! Get them out of here!" Aine's father told his friend who was just defending Tonks. The bubblegum pink-haired woman winked at Aine, ducking from an incoming spell before she ushers the children into safety.

"DAD! WAIT!" Aine calls back to her father, realizing he was getting closer to the veil. Her heart pounded dangerously, afraid that he might accidentally stumble into the archway and never return. However, before she could reach out to her father, the rock separating them exploded into pieces and Tonks pulled her along before she could get any more injured than she already is.

"GO!" her father instructed, barely avoiding the blue spark shot in his direction by Cal. The younger man's lips curled to his ears, delighted at the heartwarming sight, he was disgusted by the family's affection for Aine.

"You must be this young lady's daddy! Glad to have you join the party!" Cal cheerfully greeted with a curtsy and Elliot scowled at the boy. "Now, would you please die for me?" the curly-haired Deatheater implores sweetly.

"Over my dead body!" Elliot replies coldly.

"And so it shall~" said Cal, mirroring Elliot's brutality. He flourishes his wand, boldly sending a green spark towards the older man. 

Elliot reflected the curse, retorting with a stunning spell in Cal's direction. It causes him to be sent back a couple of feet, hitting the massive rock behind him roughly. He turned to see Harry and Sirius and decided to surprise them with an attack while Elliot advances on him, not giving him the chance to do so. 

"You're a persistent young man, aren't you?" Elliot questions, amused by the tenacious enemy. For someone of his son's age, he was rather vicious, never wasting a moment to strike an opponent as he throws deadly curses left and right so easily. He could only wonder what made him like that. Aine's father continued to corner him, easily sending away Cal's comrades who wanted to aid him. With another flick of his wand, Elliot disarmed Cal and knocked him back with a jinx.

Cal chuckles lightly at the compliment, licking away the blood on his lips as he glares at Elliot. "I prefer the word 'passionate' instead!" he suggested.

"You need to be taught some manners, young man," Elliot rebuked.

"I don't take orders from an old man!"

"Then it looks like I'm going to have to force you to," the tiny fraction of kindness Elliot was still showing to his enemies vanished. He points his wand at the younger man.

"Not if I strike you first!" yells Cal, taking a dagger hidden in his leg garter and driving it to Elliot. The older man jerked back, wincing when the blade cuts into his arm. He reeled away, shrieking when Cal dives his dagger at him again. His back was nearly reaching the veil—

"Aine, NO!" Remus yells after the girl who tackled Cal from behind, she shot a rope out to him and pulled him back before the blade could reach her father again. Then she kicks the knife out of his hold, rendering him weaponless.

Draco wanted to join her, he didn't want to leave her alone, especially in such a poor condition. But he couldn't move. "Let me go!" he ordered his ex-professor who clenched his jaw. Remus had used a binding spell on him.

"I can't let you. I'm sorry, Draco."

"N... O! AINE!" 

Remus signalled Aion and Tonks to take Draco, Luna and Ginny away. "I'll bring her back, I promise," he told the boys who was reluctant to leave but did as they were told. Even though Draco wanted to dash towards Aine, he was frozen in Aion's hold. The older man gave Tonks one last nod before heading back to the battle, defending Moody who had been stunned.

The two members of the Order then passed through the narrow passageway, battling those who came in their way until they reached a spot where a large boulder was hiding them. Tonks and Aion had stayed with the rounded-up children, making sure they were safe as they keep an eye out for any enemies. The two young members of the Order set up a protective shield, concealing their location. Occasionally, they would attack secretly to help the rest of their allies who were battling. 

It was still too dangerous to head back to the door, which was why the only option now was to hold out as long as they can as they wait for backup. Kingsley Shacklebolt had notified the Ministry personnel to come as soon as they could along with healers. Until then, they just had to keep their guard up and see through this fight as long as they could till reinforcements arrive.

Cal looked a little irked when he found out Aine had come back to help her father, he turned around and a part of him wished he hadn't glared at the girl because as soon as he took one step, he fell into the trap she had created. The ground beneath him cracked apart and he fell through it. With another wave of her hand, the little rocks nearby floated to her and she balled her fist as they rained down into the hole, trapping Cal in there. The last she heard was his pained screams.

But it didn't stop. Her fiery golden eyes glared at the spot where Cal was, she yells in anger as her hand was still clenched up, magically crushing the rocks and pushing them deeper into the crater. It was like her rage had consumed and hypnotized her, she didn't care if she was suffocating him— Or killing him. She could feel her sharp nails digging into her palms but it didn't affect her. She went on, compressing the stone even more.

"Sweetheart. That's enough..."

A hand was placed over her eyes, covering her sight while another embraced her from behind. It was her father. It finally broke her hypnosis and she exhaled sharply, dropping her hand and releasing her tensed muscles. "That's enough..." he calms her down with a gentle voice and she relaxes. He had formed a protective dome over them for now.

"I'm sorry, dad..."

Elliot shook his head, smiling at his daughter. "You've done beautifully. Now, I need you to get out of here. It's not safe."

"I don't want to leave you here!" Aine argues back, stubborn as a nail.

"I can handle this."

Sirius and Harry leap towards them, escaping from Rodolphus Lestrange's violent attacks. "Yeah, about that—" Sirius mutters, awkward to have interrupted the father-daughter pair. "Sorry to break your little moment but we have company, El."

"We had company for quite some time now, Sirius," Elliot replied, nodding a greeting to Harry as he takes his place to support Sirius. He was in no position to get Aine out of here, not when reinforcements have yet to arrive. Tonks and his son had their hands full on protecting the rest of the children while the other members of the Order were simultaneously busy fighting an opponent themselves. They were out-matched.

"We can help," Harry offered and his godfather rolled his eyes, unable to convince his godson otherwise. Sirius cursed under his breath. In that aspect, he was like James very much, both having a dogged determination.

Aine held on tightly to her wand, for some reason, she was gaining back her strength again. Though she was still not in her top-notch state, it was still better than nothing to have more people against those fleeting shadows. "Don't push yourself too hard, okay?" she heard her father say.

She nodded, promising not to overdo it.

"Stay close to us, doll!" Sirius winked at her and the girl grinned back in response. The four of them took their stance, facing in four different directions. 

Lucius strode towards them and once again, he unsheathed his wand, cutting the protection barrier easily with a stroke. Rodolphus apparated back along with his brother and the three began to duel Sirius, Harry, Elliot and Aine.

Sparks were being tossed around with such speed and Aine's heart was about to burst from the adrenaline rush. She deflected the spell sent in Harry's direction and in return, the boy's godfather shielded Lucius's attack on her. 

It was difficult to single-handedly fight with the experienced Deatheaters who had used way advanced curses in the duel but the younger lads had managed to keep up. Their mind was clear, ready to fire one after the other, all the spells they have learnt over the past months in the Room of Requirement were slowly coming back into their minds. Even the duelling lessons the two Gryffindor students had years ago with Snape and Lockhart were resurfacing.

Elliot and Sirius too were both astonished by the children's magic. They have come so far and to be in a battle alongside them both was a sight to remember. The two men could not have been prouder of Harry and Aine.

It was like a sword fight, except with wands. Aine's steps were light and she thrust hexes and curses at the Lestrange brothers, though she was rather agile, to the adult opponents, she was easy to read, knowing what spells the girl would shoot next. This was why she had to play the defence role well, while her father attacks them brutally in her stead. They would switch in and out, predicting which spell the other will use and then use an even more potent spell to back the other up.

Everyone was battling with someone and all Aine could see from the corner of her eye were blinding white figures and deep dark shadows overturning one another. The two contrasting parties were engaged in fighting the other, and the two sides of light and shadows would merge together like water and oil, resisting the other.

Sirius and Elliot exchanged a brief contact of an eye, and with a swift turn, they switched their opponents. Elliot with Rodolphus and Sirius with Rabastan. As a result of confusing their enemies, the two Order members managed to stun their opponents away. Thrown back by their play, Lucius Malfoy remains dumbfounded.

Taking the chance, Harry quickly disarms him. "Expelliarmus!" he shouted and part of Lucius's cane flew out of his reach.

"Nice one, James!" Sirius praises him out of the blue, it reminded him of old times when he and James would be fighting side by side. And now, he was fighting alongside James's son.

Harry beamed at the mention of his father, losing focus and dropping his guard. He marvelled at Sirius and Elliot's duel with Lucius.

"Everte Statum!" Aine cast, throwing Draco's father backwards. It also caused him to drop his Serpent-head wand. The older man groans, hastily getting back on his feet.

Forced to a back corner without his wand, Lucius held out both hands to yield, hoping that the two men would offer him a chance to surrender. However, Sirius did not grant that option. It did not even cross his mind. Deeming that Lucius would not be able to go on, he twirled his wand and flashily sent him away with a white flash of light, striking the Deatheater right in the chest.

What neither of them had expected was that Bellatrix apparated right in front of Sirius. Without sparing them a break, she yelled and a bright green spark ejected from the tip of her hand towards her cousin. "Avada Kedavra!"

It was a move that none of them had calculated. The curse zapped Sirius Black and he hissed as if he had been struck by electricity. The smirk on his face withered away and his lips hung open slightly, there was also a hint of fear, surprise and bewilderment all playing together on his handsome face. 

The realization struck them late, but it was already too late... 

Elliot's gaped at his friend whose body had curved into a graceful arc as he stumbled backwards. His hand stretched out to grab Sirius alongside his daughter whose thought was exactly like her father's. All she could think of was to catch Sirius, and she desperately hoped that she could.

She watched as Sirius's hand slipped through their reach and his face had fallen blankly, the trace of his smile slowly curling away as he sank back into the translucent veil on the archway. His body disappeared behind the translucent blanket which fluttered for a moment like a strong gust of wind had raged by before returning to the peaceful rippling, back to its place.

Sirius Black was dead... He was gone forever...

And he was never coming back.

─── ⋆⋅☀⋅⋆ ───── ⋆⋅☀⋅⋆ ───

This was such a long chapter! It finally happened ya'll. I'm bawling again, it's just like writing Cedric's death all over again and my heart just couldn't take it Sirius's death was so heartbreaking and sudden. It's not fair! /*

Anyways, we still have a couple of chapters more to go so do hang on tight! Thank you for reading and see you in the next~ Upvote and comment if you like~ ^^

- Zeneria

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.1K 314 21
Book Three ---------------- Power Prophecy Series ---------------- Rose's life has been turned upside down. Whatever had happened to her and Harry in...
298K 8K 63
Anna Green's life was going just fine before he came along. Her friendship with the golden trio and Ginny Weasley was family-like. She loved having f...
188K 5.6K 32
~ Year two ~ Warning; this is the second book in a series!!! This also will journey through all of the books / movies so if you want a quick read, o...
22.9K 552 36
☆ second story in the sequel ☆ • go read "Blood to Love | 3rd year" if you haven't! ✰☽♡𑁍✯☼ He cursed under his breath. "I don't know what to do!" "...