More Than Words

By Achan_21

A KangBi AU wherein a certain quiet transferee piqued the interest of the Student Council President "You sure... More

Character Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42

Chapter 23

197 15 6
By Achan_21

After finishing the song Chaewon happened to turned her head towards the door which is conveniently open. Chaewon saw the person standing by the door and she flinched, surprised to see a person watching her. She didn't know if it was the shock but she heard herself let out a small gasp.

"M-Minju-ah! My goodness, you scared me!", Chaewon exclaimed as she raised her hand to her chest, trying to soothe herself. Minju then worriedly went towards the older, as she mumbled out apologies.

"I'm really sorry unnie... I really didn't mean it", Minju said apologetically while looking at Chaewon as the latter slowly calms herself. "It's fine... it's fine", Chaewon said reassuringly.

"So... Do you need something? I mean you were just there by the door...", Chaewon asked Minju while pointing by the door where the latter was previously standing on.

"No--Nothing actually", Minju said sheepishly, clearing her throat after. "Then what brought you here? As far as I know, your classroom is on the opposite side of the campus...", Chaewon confusedly asked the younger.

"Your v-voice?...", Minju said, her voice laced with uncertainty, causing the latter to look even more confused. "Okay that sounded weird", Minju whispered to herself but Chaewon heard it, making the older chuckle a bit.

"So... What happened was-- I was coming back from the library. I was actually bringing back books I finished reading and while I was walking I heard someone singing and I knew it was you unnie. I looked through the door-- which is already open by the way-- and I got lost watching you sing", Minju explained, even using some hand gestures to make her explanation more convincing.

Chaewon was just looking at Minju as she said her explanation, she wasn't even sure if she's still registering what Minju is saying, she was just busy enjoying the sight of Minju as she babbled.

"Yeah? So got anything to do now?", Chaewon asked Minju, having her arms crossed. Minju only shaked her head as an answer. "Oh? Then would you like to stay here and accompany me for a while?", Chaewon then offered to Minju as she smiled at the younger.

"Okay... We still have some spare time before classes start", Minju responded, nodding along her words. Minju went to the back corner of the room and sat quietly, which the older raised her brows at.

"Hey, come here... Audiences are usually in front of the performer...", Chaewon said as she gestured Minju to come to the other side of the room. "You can also judge me based on my performance... Don't worry I take criticisms well", Chaewon said with a chuckle.

Minju smiled at that before sitting on the floor, looking up at Chaewon. "I don't think I have any criticisms for you, though?", Minju said with a little grin on her face. "Oh yeah?", Chaewon said, her eyebrows raised as she was flustered at the comment.

"Well then let's see if you'll have one after this", Chaewon said as she laughed, starting to look through the list of music that she can sing to the younger.

**********************

Hyewon got to school earlier than usual and so with nothing to do she just decided to pass time in the library. She walked her way to the library quietly.

She arrived there and immediately lightened up when she saw that the school library has a whole section of it for the mangas and comics, which is funny for a prestigious school having some entertainment books on their library.

She excitedly looked throughout the different mangas on the bookshelves. Finding one that she didn't get to read yet, she happily picked it out and went to sit on one of vacant chairs.

After a few minutes, Hyewon was almost halfway through the manga she's reading when she hears a voice in front of her.

"Hey"

She looked up and sees a girl with glasses and facemask in front of her, her face barely visible. Hyewon stares at her with her eyebrow raised, questioning what she needs.

"Can I sit here? There's no other available seats around...", The girl asked Hyewon gesturing the seat in front of her. Hyewon looked around the library and true enough, the library was surprisingly full of students.

Hyewon nodded her head allowing the girl to sit in front of her and read the book she brought with her. Hyewon then shortly had her gaze to the side, catching a glimpse of Minju entering the library carrying a pile of books.

Turning her attention to Minju she watched as the girl seeming returns the books she was carrying-- which was a lot by the way. Seeing Minju leave the library right after returning the books, Hyewon returns to reading her manga.

"Enjoying that? I barely see anyone reading mangas in this school so its refreshing to see one", the girl suddenly started a conversation, surprising Hyewon a little.

"Jujutsu Kaisen.... The next volume is actually pretty fun", the girl continued while she grins under her mask as she looked at the book Hyewon has. In return, Hyewon just timidly nodded.

Hyewon then looked at the book the girl is reading. "A medical book? So she's a medical student like Chaeyeon, huh?", Hyewon thought as she read the book title the girl across her is reading.

After a few minutes, the girl looked at her wristwatch and suddenly stood up from her seat carrying the book she's reading. "Well then, I will be going first, Hyewon-ssi", the girl said as she walked away and out of the library.

Hyewon followed her with her gaze until get got out. Then she realised something strange and then looked at the library's entrance where she saw the girl when she walked out.

"How did she know my name?", Hyewon wondered as she stared at the library entrance.

************************

Chaewon finished singing a few songs and Minju was enjoying every bit of it. Also, until now, everytime she finishes a song she asks Minju if she can sing a song for her. "Sing just one song please... Just one", Chaewon pleaded for the nth time now.

"I told you already unnie... I can't sing... Let alone sing a song in front of you", Minju said the same thing she kept saying from Chaewon's earlier attempts on making her sing.

"Really? What about me is the problem?", Chaewon asked Minju, tilting her head curiously. "No-no... Its not like that...", Minju trailed off, causing the older to stare right into her, waiting for her to continue.

"It's just that- uhm... I'm shy", Minju said, her voice almost a whisper as she feels herself blush. Minju then suddenly stood up and cleared her throat.

She ran to the door, hiding her already red cheeks. Before fully making her way out, she turned around with her hand still covering her cheeks.

"You sounded beautiful by the way, unnie... I still can't think of any criticisms for you... Well then see you later, Chaewon-unnie", Minju said before running away, probably to her classroom as its nearly time to go to class.

Chaewon who was left alone on the music room felt her smile getting wider. She shaked her head and tidied up her things. She got out of the room with a small smile lingering on her face.

"Adorable", She uttered out when she got out of the music room as she happily makes her way to her own classroom.

**************************

The day went on with a flash, with the girls chatting along during the lunch break-- mostly them talking about the bakery Hitomi and Nako went to-- then finally finishing their classes after lunch.

Now going home, Hyewon sighed as she hopped into her car. Driving off, she wished for tomorrow to not come.

Finally arriving home, Hyewon went inside and greeted Dasom and Shiwoo preparing dinner before running upstairs. Hyewon entered her room and changed to her pajamas before laying on her bed, pulling out her phone to play.

While playing she got a notification from someone sending her a message. Seeing Eunbi's name on the notification, Hyewon immediately paused her game and tapped it, reading her message.

Eunbi-unnie

From: Eunbi-unnie
Hyewon-ah is something bothering you earlier?

To: Eunbi-unnie
Why unnie?

From: Eunbi-unnie
You just seemed to be bothered by something and I wanted to ask you during lunch but I didn't get the chance to...

To: Eunbi-unnie
Oh its nothing for you to worry about unnie... I'm fine

From: Eunbi-unnie
Really? Well then you can tell me if something's bothering you, okay?

To: Eunbi-unnie
Don't worry unnie... Thank you for your concern

From: Eunbi-unnie
You're welcome... See you tomorrow... I'll also bring the coat with me tomorrow... Its already cleaned

To: Eunbi-unnie
See you unnie

Right after sending the last message, Hyewon heard a knock on her door. The door opened and she sees Dasom peeking out, calling her for dinner. Hyewon nodded and followed the older downstairs.

The three soon finished eating and with that Hyewon headed to her bedroom, ready to sleep. She layed on her bed and closed her eyelids. After a few minutes, she was already in a deep slumber.

**********************

The next day came and Hyewon was already in the campus with Yujin. The younger was rambling about a new game she found and all about its storyline. Hyewon came across Yujin and Wonyoung on her way to her room.

Wonyoung then asked if they can go with her to the restroom. The two nodded and now they're waiting for Wonyoung to come out of the restroom.

While Yujin kept on rambling, there were a group of girls entering the restroom. They then saw Yujin waiting outside and chatting with another pretty girl. They all stopped on their tracks and looked over to Yujin and Hyewon, fangirling at Yujin.

"Then Poppy bet-"

"Yujin-ssi!"

Before Yujin can complete her sentence, she was interrupted by one of the girls who was in the group. Yujin and Hyewon turned their heads to her, Yujin questioning what it is that she wants.

"Do you need something?", Yujin asked the girl as she looked at her confusedly. The girl shyly fiddled her fingers before answering Yujin's question.

"I've been a fan of yours since you came to the dance club and saw you perform... Can I please have your number?", the girl shyly said, causing Yujin to be slightly flustered.

Yujin then felt an ominous aura around her, secretly glancing at the restroom's entrance, she saw Wonyoung glaring intensely at the girl.

"Thank you for being a fan of mine but I'm really sorry I don't think that I can give you my number", Yujin said as she bowed at the girl. The girl then awkwardly bowed back and her friends started whispering among themselves.

The girls then entered the restroom, with then Wonyoung coming out. They started to walk to the main hallway. Hyewon noticed that Wonyoung was not in the mood anymore. Yujin seemed to notice it too and tapped Wonyoung's shoulder, causing Wonyoung to turn her head at her.

"Wonnie, you mad?", Yujin asked curiously, her head tilting a bit as she asked Wonyoung. "Nope, I'm not", Wonyoung denies, shaking her head as she answered.

"Then why does it look like steam is about to come out of your ears and nose... Your brows are furrowed and you're pouting too", Yujin said as she pointed at Wonyoung's face.

Wonyoung huffed and glared at Yujin, startling the puppy causing her to hide behind Hyewon who's stuck between them. Wonyoung then looked the other way, mumbling "I hate your popularity sometimes", which was only loud enough to Hyewon to hear it but not the scared puppy hiding behind her.

"What's the matter with her unnie? Did I do something wrong again?", Yujin whispered to Hyewon, wondering what she did wrong this time. Hyewon shrugged as an answer but she did know what made Wonyoung act this way.

In the short time she got to know the two, it was pretty obvious that this giant bunny has some feelings for this girl hiding behind her.

With the subtle reactions Wonyoung make everytime Yujin suddenly compliments her, when Yujin does little acts of service around her or even just smiling at the bunny, it was obvious to everyone that Wonyoung likes Yujin except for the puppy itself.

It was kind of funny watching these two knowing that Wonyoung has a not-so-hidden admiration for the overly-dense pup.

With a sigh Hyewon swiftly swapped positions with Yujin, making the younger in between Hyewon and Wonyoung. Hyewon then pushed Yujin a little, the pup bumping her arm with Wonyoung's.

"You still mad? Wonnie?", Yujin asked the girl next to her, her voice sounding sad having a pout to accompany it. With a deep sigh, Wonyoung shaked her head and smiled at Yujin, her jealousy slowly dissipates.

Hyewon who was watching all of it happen, shaked her head at the two. Smiling at her thoughts.

"Yujin, you dense pup...."

**************************

안녕~

Hello guys^_^ I think the updates will be a once a week thing now hahahaha I can't write as often as there's schoolworks preventing me to do so

I will update as soon as I can^_^ please do bear with me if I can't always update regularly... I'm sorry in advance ^_^

Enjoy this chapter~

As always, opinions are welcome^_^

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

388 19 1
where chaewon is going to leave, but wonyoung is not ready to say goodbye to her. [RE-UPLOADED: 10/12/20]
75K 3.4K 41
"I just found my soulmate, you'll find yours soon"
3.4K 201 27
wonyoung is a new transfer student at ive collage she scare to meet new people because at the previous collage she always get bullied. What will happ...
21.2K 979 13
The school's troublemaker Jang Wonyoung is at the risk of expulsion after one of her pranks go a bit too far. In order to save her, Class President A...